[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red flag thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 49

File: 1485724152856.jpg (49KB, 346x360px) Image search: [Google]
1485724152856.jpg
49KB, 346x360px
Red flag thread, /tg/ edition

>He makes red flag threads
>He is a blood-sworn edition whore (everything buy MY edition is shit)
>He starts and partakes in edition wars
>He has severe problems with the "mainstream" hobby scene
>He brings unfiltered autism to the table. Either in personal hangups or DM fiat

Basically, if other threads are to be believed, who would ever want you at their table
>>
>I based my guy on an animu villain
>Chaotic Anything alignment
>doesn't use a coaster
>>
File: 1475020454708.png (838KB, 671x443px) Image search: [Google]
1475020454708.png
838KB, 671x443px
>Goes on-and-on about their build
>Is willing to play/run a system they hate for years and stew over it without telling anyone
>NEVER attempts to be in character and their dialogue is always "I ask them about X" as opposed to playing it out a little bit
>Doesn't adhere to the flaws they picked at character creation

The second situation is sad for everyone at the table. I wish you would just tell us.
>>
>posts on tg
Sorry but it had to be said
>>
File: NO_elf.png (601KB, 807x778px) Image search: [Google]
NO_elf.png
601KB, 807x778px
>>53340308
>Player makes his character before being told what the campaign is going to be about or what's actually going to be allowed
>Player only ever plays Wizards or the setting-equivalent
>Player's character is blatant waifu bait
^>Player's character is LITTLE GIRL waifubait
^^>Player's character is LITTLE GIRL (male) waifubait
>"Can I make a gun?" in any kind of swords-and-magic setting.
>"Can I use my Homebrew Class?"
>"This is going to be a political intrigue campaign."
>Player will only play a Tiefling, Aasimar, Warforged, Dragonborn, or any kind of animal-hybrid race. (This is almost always a sign that they're magical realm'ing or edge-wanking to some degree)
>Evil-anything alignments or using alignments in general.
>"We're rolling stats for this game!"
>>
>I based my guy on animu hero
>Lawful Anything alignment
>uses a coaster
>>
File: 1490203044855.png (142KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1490203044855.png
142KB, 434x434px
>he watches critical role
>he watches the adventure zone
>he tries to play a crossdresser
>he tries to play a trannie
>he liked The Force Awakens

>>53340624
>>doesn't use a coaster
>>
>>53340624
>coaster

This joke was never amusing.
Your upcoming outrage, likewise, won't be amusing either.
>>
>>53340778
This.
Also
>plays D&D (any edition) except 4th
>>
File: Losing at Call of Cthulu.png (768KB, 702x536px) Image search: [Google]
Losing at Call of Cthulu.png
768KB, 702x536px
>>53340624
Unpopular option, I'm actually OK if someone takes some ideas from animus and videogames. Sure they're 98% shit, but so are most other forms of media. They're as valid an inspiration as anything else. Keyword here being INSPIRATION, and not just stealing the idea wholesale.

A good writer can take ideas from a garbage source and make something good out of them.
>>
>>53340766
Actually though,
>Brings up /tg/ threads IRL.
>>
File: 1349719374230.png (12KB, 351x352px) Image search: [Google]
1349719374230.png
12KB, 351x352px
>>53340308
>insists on only playing Patfhinder
>has a binder full of houserules
>including a houserule that states that players of female characters must track their menstruation cycle, and during their period, they get a -2 to all ability checks, skill checks, saving throws, and other d20 rolls
>>
>>53340881
Lol a bit harsh.
>>
>visits tg unironically
>>
File: Paladin Falls.gif (1MB, 215x154px) Image search: [Google]
Paladin Falls.gif
1MB, 215x154px
>Wants the GM to make an exception to banned splats only for him
>Says he'll play X and shows up with Y without telling anyone
>Unpronounceable made up Japanese character name
>Unpronounceable Japanese character name
>Unpronounceable name
>"I got into RPGs because I saw [ebin internet rpg show] and found it funny!"
>>
>>53340308
>Player is a massive history/politics fag
>Player is the kind who will bitch about "boob plate" or other nitpicks in armor design or character art.
>Player is a HEMA fag who insists the weapon stats in the book are wrong or who keeps trying to make up techniques mid-game with no regard for the actual rules
>Player is a Martial Arts fag and keeps making arguments how they can totally punch through platemail without magic.

Realism fags are the worst. Especially when they have no idea what they're talking about.
I've had to kick way too many of them out of games back when I ran more-or-less public games at my college.
>>
>>53340308
>"I want to play Goku"
>"Well, the game has a monkey-people race and rules for martial arts and ki powers, so you can make a character LIKE Goku"
>"I want to play Goku"
>"You can play a character that dresses like him and has similar powers"
>"I want to play Goku"
>"No, you have to make an original ch--"
>"FUCK THIS I'M OUT"

I have witnessed this on several occasions, but only one of them was with Goku. The rest included
>Kurama, from Yu Yu Hakusho
>Dante from Devil May Cry (specifically 4)
>Alucard from Hellsing
>Alucard from Castlevania
>Ichigo from Bleach
>Zoro from One Piece
>Naruto twice and Sasuke five times

It's worth noting I've only ever run into this online, never with in-person games.

>>53341221
I once had a guy try to play out his 8 int barbarian inventing gunpowder by mashing the ingredients together.
>>
File: stats before backstory.jpg (48KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
stats before backstory.jpg
48KB, 397x525px
>Types Like This
>says shit like 'very well' or 'good day' unironically
>uses /me
>overuse of in-client emoticons
>>
File: madotsukipuke.jpg (74KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
madotsukipuke.jpg
74KB, 600x600px
>>53340308
>quotes TV Tropes
>ever
>>
>>53340308
Only including ones I've seen in actual games:

>Character portrait includes a giant erection
>Character description includes penis size.
>Arena fight billing "Mary McSugartits vs a giant octopus"
>Suggesting that giving the country gnolls the "prettyboy bard" for an afternoon as the best way to get information from them.
>Any character named "Dildo", or dildo forming any part of their name.

>>53341221
>Player is a Martial Arts fag and keeps making arguments how they can totally punch through platemail without magic.
I've quite literally tried this; I have a buddy in the same martial arts studio who also does Ren fairs, and one time we tried a spar, both unarmed, him in his plate. I didn't even think I could, but he jabbed, I blocked it, and I punched at his stomach by pure reflex, and damn, that hurt.
>>
>>53340881
Would other races even have menstrual cycles? Or at least, would they have them as often as humans do?

I mean, elves are always described as long-lived and slow-breeding; as are dwarves, to an extent. Seems like they'd do what other apes do and menstruate once every few years, if even that often.

Let's say a human woman has 35 childbearing years (roughly half a human lifetime) and for the sake of simplicity we'll ignore cycles where the ovaries release two or more eggs and we'll assume the woman in question has a perfectly regular cycle (even though that's as much fantasy as elves and dwarves). That gives us 420 eggs over 70 years.

Now I don't play Pathfinder but if I remember correctly the standard life expectancy for elves is around 700+ years. Since they're around the same size as humans we'll say their reproductive organs are roughly the same size. That means they're producing those 420 ova over the span of centuries. They might remain fertile for a longer portion of their lives relative to humans but even if they've got 350 fertile years they're still having just over one ovulation per year. And since, again, their insides are roughly human-sized, I can think of no reason the cycle wouldn't last roughly as long as a human's, other than the in-between phase.

I realize this is very much missing the forest for the trees, but still.
>>
>>53341291
Where do you find lusty zoggers like that?
>>
>>53341332
As realmy as it is, there's some unexplored setting nectar here.

>elves' cycles naturally synch up, every 10 years each village has a fertility festival
>>
>>53340856
Except chakats
>>
>>53341244
>It's worth noting I've only ever run into this online, never with in-person games.
It's harder when they have to look you in the eye.

>>53340831
>joke
We'll see how you feel when it's the table you paid for yourself. When you go through the trouble of hosting the players and providing cold drinks and they don't even have the common courtesy to take a tenth of a second to slip something under it, perhaps even the thing specifically designed to be put under a cold drink! The kind of self-centered myopic ingrate who doesn't use a coaster is the kind of person I don't need in my life, let alone in my game.
>>
>Has fond memories of any d20 based system
>"Kind of like *fucking pleb anime*"
>Detectable body odour
>Uses the word 'evil' in any non-ham context
>Visible confusion over how skill checks in the system work even after the first session
>Has strong opinions about DC or Marvel
>Uses threats of physical violence OOC or IC

You may not appreciate my methods but these are fucking guarantees of a shitty player in my experience.
>>
File: q2A9LHd.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
q2A9LHd.gif
2MB, 300x264px
>>53341274
>brags about being a "Troper"
He was the worst GM ever
>>
>>53341382
>every 10 years
It takes, what, a hundred and change years for an elf to reach adulthood? So I don't think it'd be that often.

I do kinda like the angle that puts on human-elf relationships.
>Twice? In one decade? You are voracious, woman!
>>
>>53341348
At gamestores.
>>
>>53340308
>male playing female character
Often but not always bad on its own. But then once you add
>with rape in backstory;
>her character description starts with her appearance, clothing, or both;
>with an insatiable sexual appetite;
>with a player without many female friends; or
>"bisexual but prefers other girls" with straight player
that's when the warning alarms start to go off.
>>
File: elf.png (98KB, 825x310px) Image search: [Google]
elf.png
98KB, 825x310px
>>53341512
>>
>>53341451
>non-ham context
?
>>53341254
>>says shit like 'very well' or 'good day' unironically
?????
>>
>>53341254
>Types Like This
I never noticed that one before but now that I think about it, that would have saved me a lot of grief.
>>
File: 1492284585644.jpg (95KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1492284585644.jpg
95KB, 1300x866px
>his game is set in Japan
>his game is set in a "custom setting" that is generic fantasy, functionally indistinguishable from the Forgotten Realms, but with dozens of new names you have to remember
>he puts real-world pantheons in his game with elves
>his "custom setting" has elves in any capacity
>he unironically explains his character's actions by saying "I'm [x alignment]"
>all the members of a species in his setting speak the same language (Elvish, Dwarvish, Gnomish) except Humans, who either speak "Common" or speak dozens of different languages
All signs of D&D induced creative atrophy.
>>
>>53341221
>Player is a HEMA fag who insists the weapon stats in the book are wrong or who keeps trying to make up techniques mid-game with no regard for the actual rules

You shouldn't have to take a seperate class/archetype just to be able to disarm someone. The gear stats are wrong and often limiting in how someone can play a game.
There's no problem with a player wanting a spear that's capable of dealing 1d6 piercing or slashing. There's nothing wrong with giving most weapons a 1d4 bludgeoning pommel strike or haft striking capability.

>Player is a Martial Arts fag and keeps making arguments how they can totally punch through platemail without magic

What did you mean by this? So its autistic to use weapons differently but a monk can't punh an orc in platemail?
>>
File: seven samurai.jpg (1MB, 2400x1844px) Image search: [Google]
seven samurai.jpg
1MB, 2400x1844px
>>53341864
>his game is set in Japan

What if you're doing a Kurosawa-based game?
Kurosawa isn't weeby ...right?
>>
>>53341989
Dude, just play the fucking game. Don't be That Guy.
>>
>>53341989
You are obviously looking for a game that's not D&D
>>
>>53341774
Any context other than either making fun of people who unironically use the term evil, or if they are very deliberately being overdramatic.

TL;DR referring to evil as though it as an actual tangible thing and expecting to be taken seriously basically makes it clear you aren't cut out for my table, noone outside the Forgotten Realms or whatever other functionally identical wankery exists wakes up in the morning and decides how they are going to be evil that day.

I am constantly stunned how some players don't fucking get that any character that has a meaningful level of personhood isn't there to be stabbed in the face for being evil, or to tell you about an evil person who needs to get stabbed, the origin of any conflict is literally just two or more people with reasonably valid personal perspectives who disagree with each other, and hell, most of the time people are just trying to live their lives.

If you see some dude throwing babies into a cauldron, you shouldn't be throwing him into the cauldron after them until you can ascertain why the fuck this became a valid way to put bread on the table, or indeed why someone would do this despite the obvious moral compunctions.

It's too much of a hassle to single-handedly educate people who genuinely believe that morality is about as complicated as the objectives list in an average Call of Duty Modern Warfare level. In the meanwhile, they break my fucking immersion by wandering around with the morality of a five year old ("Anyone who does something that inconveniences me is evil, and therefore doing other evil things that I can stop by killing them.") when their characters don't have any reason to be that retarded in-universe.

If an experienced player wants to have a go at being some kind of overdramatic hammy hero then sure, but at least then I know and any NPCs that can detect derangements or aberrant behaviour through supernatural powers or social cues respond appropriately.
>>
>>53342074
Sounds more like That DM desu fampai.
Without any flexibility you may as well just play a videogame. Though I suppose that if you don't want any creativity in your games I could understand.
>>
>>53341989
Monks are explicitly stated to be magical in DnD.

And I'm talking about shit like
>I should be able to stab straight through a shield with a rapier because rapiers can pierce armor so you should totlly not count any AC the enemy gains from armor. I knpow, I've actually done in it in practice fights!"
kind of shit.
>>
>>53341864
I forgot a few:
>magic items of immense power can be bought and sold in stores that can be found in any city
>he plays video game music out loud during a session and thinks it's emotional
>he has a race/species in which 90%+ of the people are irredeemably evil but the rest are good

>>53342048
Tbh if someone is setting their game in Japan then it's overwhelmingly likely that either
>the game is explicitly weeby, i.e. it has ninja, samurai, magical girls, whatever
in which case it will be trash, or
>the game doesn't appear to have any distinctly Japanese elements
in which case the game might as well be set in fucking Kansas and the GM just picked Japan because he's a closet weeb, and it will definitely come out during play.
There are certainly ways to play a game with distinctly Japanese elements that aren't weeb. The Japanese film industry (real films, not cartoons) can definitely be a source for this (Kurosawa is great but you posted his most weeb-friendly film; something like High and Low or Throne of Blood would be a less cringy template for an RPG. And someone like Ozu or any of the directors of the Japanese New Wave would be better examples of Japanese filmmakers who don't inspire weeb gameplay). However, 99% of RPGs run by Americans set in Japan will be absolutely abominable for the above reasons.
>>
>>53340831
Dude it's not a joke. Do you just not care about your things?
>>
>>53342048
>implying the average Japanfag has even heard of Kurosawa

You're lucky if they have even heard of the Seven Samurai or Yojimbo.
>>
>>53342144
Well I mean, I kinda get what you're saying. I would generally agree IRL that no one just wakes up one day and decides to be a dick.

Honestly though, that's just a nice principle, and when it comes down to it, does it really matter that say, the bandits who have been raping and pillaging the countryside are doing it because of a famine or whatever?
They're still harming others, and they'll probably continue to do so until they're stopped or driven off.
I guess that in this example the absolute most moral way of dealing with it would be to alleviate the root cause and then work to rehabilitate the bandits, but A. that's a lot of work and may lie outside your control and B. the bandits might just be too far gone

I do agree with you on the cauldron example that you should probably ask them why they're doing it if only because it's not obvious what the benefit is. I mean, it could be a dark ritual or some shit
>>
>>53342221
As with running any real world inspired settings, it's probably best to read a book or two about your intended subject
>>
File: lawful evil.png (23KB, 356x217px) Image search: [Google]
lawful evil.png
23KB, 356x217px
>>53342144
>>
>>53341774
Anyone who speaks like they're in an 1800s period drama is on a high-tier of autism. It's not a sure thing, but it's a pretty good red flag.
>>
File: Chaotic Evil.png (21KB, 184x360px) Image search: [Google]
Chaotic Evil.png
21KB, 184x360px
>>53342144
Ayou, I understood you.

>>53342295
Black mage is not all right. It would take some truly iron mental constitution and great many straightjackets to bring him back to the Light
>>
>>53342266
Okay, so lets deal with the bandit example then, since it's WAY common.

I generally have bandits pursue non-lethal means of stripping people of wealth, for example. They leave people with enough to make it to the next town, certainly.

To subsequently deal with this problem by just killing all the bandits, IE escalating the level of conflict greatly above what was actually in place, doesn't seem like a great way to achieve a moral high ground when you think about it.

But to someone who has never fucking thought for themselves in their lives:
- They are bandits
- Banditry is evil
- Evil must be destroyed
- Ergo, kill all bandits

Particularly for relatively disorganised bandits, what I prefer to see is chains of thought like
- They are bandits
- Banditry is a profession that leverages martial skill and inclination to violence to return usable wealth, but degrades social standing and respect rapidly
- We as adventurers leverage martial skill and inclination to violence to return usable wealth, but also elevated social status and respect
- Extra manpower could be useful, and address the unemployment issues facing these able bodied men

What you run into more often is "Well this is true, but they have to be braver to fight monsters than to turn on their fellow men" at which point murder is still an awful conclusion because you're literally executing them for cowardice. By this logic you should be slaying the fucking townsfolk for giving into the bandits and thus prolonging the bandits reign of terror (I would accept the PCs decision if they reach that conclusion).
>>
File: [visible confusion].jpg (62KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
[visible confusion].jpg
62KB, 428x410px
>>53342325
>'very well' or 'good day' is 1800s drama speech
>>
File: euthanized.jpg (76KB, 750x701px) Image search: [Google]
euthanized.jpg
76KB, 750x701px
>>53341244
>>53341254

>he plays rpg's online instead of having friends in the real world.

How many of the people in /tg/ only play online? Never in my darkest days would I have done such a loathsome thing.
>>
File: nick young is at a loss.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
nick young is at a loss.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>53342325
>>
>>53342048

Yes it is extremely weeby I'm sorry to tell you this.
>>
>>53342519
I do.
Don't think reality doesn't suffer from mostly same shit (miscommunication, That Guys, people who like different things)
>>
>>53342560

Th...that's why you play with your friends, anon. People you already know are compatible with you. Do...you think people play dnd in the real world with complete strangers?
>>
File: DnD_ADVL.png (18KB, 432x222px) Image search: [Google]
DnD_ADVL.png
18KB, 432x222px
>>53342586
>Do...you think people play dnd in the real world with complete strangers?
Yes.
>>
File: 絞死刑.gif (29KB, 203x320px) Image search: [Google]
絞死刑.gif
29KB, 203x320px
>>53341864
>>53342048
>>53342221
Actually, thinking about this further, if a GM were running a game in Japan and asked me to play I'd ask them to name 3 Japanese pieces of art (films, albums, novels, wood carvings, whatever). If any of them were cartoons or video games, I would not play (I might accept a single well-respected anime if the other two answers were quite good).

Pic related, if someone gave this as an answer I'd want to play in their game.
>>
>>53341332

>>420 eggs
>>420
>>awwww yis

Tl;dr
>>
File: disguise check.gif (1MB, 312x166px) Image search: [Google]
disguise check.gif
1MB, 312x166px
>>53342519
>mfw I do both in healthy balance
>>
>>53342857
Are you proud of this post, anon?
>>
File: Anon_does_it_again.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
Anon_does_it_again.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>53342857
>>
>>53340308
Man, people who get so upset at threads that they have to make "scathing parody" threads are pathetic.
>>
>>53343057
Why you think nobody bothers and keeps posting non-ironically?
>>
>>53340856
I'm fine with people borrowing things from anime myself.

I do mind if someone is literally incapable of describing their character in any way besides "He's basically (character) from (anime)" and either can't or won't elaborate on what their PC is like beyond that.
>>
>>53342789
>Sword of the Stranger
>Ghost in the Shell
>Angel's Egg
>Jin-Roh

If you think anime/videogames are automatically garbage you are without a doubt autistic. Any medium can be used to create art.
That being said if they were to say "Bleach, Naruto, One Piece etc." you should drop them.
>>
>>53342857
Technically you're not allowed on 4chan until you're 18.
>>
>>53342857

No regrets anon, ill get the hang of it some day.

Til then

Awwwww yis
>>
>>53340878
>brings up greentext memes IRL

Sir Bearington and Old Man Henderson are already put in the list of things I'm ready to strangle someone over if they interrupt the game over for the 3rd fucking time that day.

That and any character submission that references either one goes straight in the trash. I've tossed out a depressing number of PCs over this shit.
>>
>>53343117
Here's some advice: Shitposting is not allowed outside of /b/
>>
>>53340308
Well played. Here's a (You).
>>
>>53342877
That panda is doin' a fucking good job pretending to be a black man
>>
File: 1494128887406.png (136KB, 476x579px) Image search: [Google]
1494128887406.png
136KB, 476x579px
>>53340846
> except 4th
>>
File: 3rd Party Content.png (119KB, 222x221px) Image search: [Google]
3rd Party Content.png
119KB, 222x221px
>>53343662
I'm gonna be honest, for as much of a fucking "lets try to replicate MMO-combat" wreck as 4th edition was, I can see why people liked it. Per-encounter ability design is so, so, sooo much better than the Long Rest/Short Rest shit 5e uses, or the Per-Day systems of previous editions.
>>
>>53343697
>"lets try to replicate MMO-combat" wreck as 4th edition was,
I don't agree with this statement, it's not why I didn't like 4e
However
>Per-encounter ability design is so, so, sooo much better than (lots of stuff) ...
Very very much agreed
>>
>>53343697
>>53343662
I liked 4e because Wizards didn't shit on the game after level 6 and magic in general was alot more subdued and reasonable.

In 5e you don't even have to pick fucking opposition schools anymore.
>>
>>53343101
That's why I said
>I might accept a single well-respected anime if the other two answers were quite good
If all they can give me is anime, even if it's quite good, it indicates that they're a weeb, just a weeb with taste.
Oh, and video games aren't art.
>>
>>53343937
t. the physical avatar of the god Pretentius in our lifetime
>>
>>53342519
I do but I'm a truck driver so trying to get a home game going is next to impossible. I miss my group
>>
>>53344098
Butthurt animu fan or butthurt vidya fan?
>>
>>53342519
I've had some good groups online, but in those cases they were composed of people I already knew (e.g. through Discord).
>>
>>53344154
Naught but a mere mortal, my Pretentiousness.
>>
>>53341446
>>53342232
This is the guy that doesn't use the coaster. Hence, why he does not get it.
>>
File: 1448702928229.png (134KB, 389x375px) Image search: [Google]
1448702928229.png
134KB, 389x375px
>Currently not the center of attention in a situation
>Out comes the phone
>>
File: hyper realistic otter.jpg (184KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
hyper realistic otter.jpg
184KB, 870x960px
>>53345405
>Currently not the center of attention in a situation
>Leaves
>>
>>53342221
>the game is explicitly weeby, i.e. it has ninja, samurai, magical girls, whatever
>samurai
>including samurai in a Japan game is badwrongfun
Goddamn you a dumb nigga. That's like complaining that a European fantasy game has knights in it.
>>
>>53343101
But One Piece is (or at least was) good?
>>
>>53346106
as a story its fine, but the anime has horrendous issue's.

Its really just generic shounen shlock, but without some of the issue's that come with that.
>>
>>53346118
I will never understand the appeal of one piece. It's got an ugly fucking art style and some of the most formulaic, stiff, unchanging character dynamics of any anime.
>>
>>53346118
Well yeah, but TTRPGs tend to rely on generic, often shonen-style adventures. They don't have to, but I don't think One Piece is a red flag, either, so long as it's balanced...
>>
>>53342519
I do. I actually had some decent to good groups before. Just gotta dig a bit.
>>
>>53346148
the appeal is that its aimed at kids that don't know any better who eventually grew out of that phase but stayed acclimated to it.

One thing i will give it is creative use of weird powers, but otherwise i agree, it ain't great.
>>
>>53342789
>Tokyo Gore Police
>G.I Samurai
>Kuchisake-onna
Would you join my hypothetical game?
>>
File: 879497.jpg (22KB, 628x314px) Image search: [Google]
879497.jpg
22KB, 628x314px
>>53343937
>video games aren't art
Wrong.
>>
>>53345531
>currently not the center of attention
>keeps deciding he suddenly appears whenever one of the PCs is doing something, regardless of whether he knew the thing was happening or not, if he knew anyone was there, or with how far away he was

Had one guy keep doing this, badly enough one session where he was flipflopping where he was and essentially hopping interchangeably between two exchanges that were happening 5 miles apart from each other. We've since implemented the "No Quantum Clerics"(the guy played nothing but Clerics for the longest time) rule that once you decide you're at x location, you stay there until circumstances change.
>>
>>53348439
in and of themselves, the category of media called "video games" is not in and of itself art. Much like how not every plate is fine china.

are there certain games that deserve the label? probably. but not every game ever
>>
>>53348475
No one said that. Not even every painting, sculpture or piece of music is art. however every medium has the capacity to be art.
>video games aren't art
Is an absolute statement about the medium and is objectively wrong.
>>
>>53340811
>watching a podcast
>>
>>53348567
Critical Role has videos.
>>
>>53342221
>he plays video game music out loud during a session and thinks it's emotional
What if I'm running a halo mythic game and playing halo soundtrack since it fits in and sounds pretty good?
>>
>>53341221
>>Player is a HEMA fag who insists the weapon stats in the book are wrong
This but with guns. Especially in cyberpunk/sci-fi. Fuck off with your 'but caseless ammo doesn't work' shit. Double fuck off with your 'I want a BAR/Thompson/FG-42/StG-44/whatever'. You've got a whole book full of guns that aren't 100-odd years old in-setting, use those.
>>
>>53340308
>loss.jpg
>>
File: 1484763749154.jpg (41KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
1484763749154.jpg
41KB, 498x441px
I've been outdone. This was intended to be a jab at the inflexible autism you see in every "red flag" meme thread, with the reeing about editions, races and player non-game interests. But instead people just carried on as always.

I forgot where I was
>>
>>53349490
Now that's a red flag.
>>
File: wht the fuck you faggot.jpg (9KB, 247x200px) Image search: [Google]
wht the fuck you faggot.jpg
9KB, 247x200px
>>53342325
>>Anyone who speaks like they're in an 1800s period drama is on a high-tier of autism.
>>
>>53342462
Not they guy you're replaying to, but I get what you're saying. However as a mercenary paid to put a stop to the banditry going on in the countryside, I ain't being paid to rehabilitate these muppets and neither do I have the skills, time or inclination to do so.

And if they are stupid enough to play bandit in the countryside rather than leverage their martial skills into making money from the gentry and nobles as mercenaries, then I don't want them in my mercenary company.

The quickest and simplest solution is to just kill them, get paid and sell off everything I find on their bodies. I make money, the peasants in the countryside become more productive, everyone is happy.

Through utilitarianism, I have brought more pleasure than pain to the situation and thus done a "good" thing.
>>
>>53342221
>>he plays video game music out loud during a session and thinks it's emotional

I always use video game soundtracks when gaming. Not because I think they are emotional, but because the are good background music and I always fit the genre of game soundtrack I use to the genre of the game.
>>
>>53346784
Not than anon but sure.

Will you join mine with inspiration from: Visitor Q, Kappa (novel), and Tetsuo, the body hammer?
>>
>>53352290
Yes I would definitely join. My own morbid curiosity demands I found out where this is going.
>>
>>53341332
A woman's ovaries don't produce ovum, they store and mature them, a girl is born with her entire life's worth of ovum at birth.
It's also why you're not supposed to knock up older women, because that's how downies are made, eggs that went bad a decade ago.
>>
>>53342462
The first guy that replied to this post is right, and i agree with him. I'm just here to inform you that you are an edgy faggot. Criminals should be put to the sword. I don't care why they did what they did. The path to hell is paved with good intentions, and that is where I intend to send them. Your mentality is that of a German lawyer defending the migrant that raped his wife.
>>
>He is a human with a pulse

I genuinely hate all of you as GMs.
>>
>>53340308
>Tries to get as many points as possible via flaws and then keeps finding excuses to not apply those flaws
>Applies real-world physics to laser and plasma guns
>"My character is addicted to drugs, alcohol, and prostitutes"
>>
>>53342144
>>53342462
Suffer not the witch to live.
My only issue with the sort of thing you're referencing is when people think they're somehow the good guys afterwards. So long as they have a reason for doing it other than "but dey wus bad and I'm the gud guy", it's fair game in my opinion. But it also seems to me that you're expecting your players to have "if you kill your enemies they win" sort of a mindset, as if they should be obligated to solve whatever shit is "causing" the bandits to commit crimes. You seem to be trying to apply the most leftist of 2017 morality systems to what is supposed to be the feudal ages of guillotines and public hangings. Here would be my thought process for it.

-They are bandits
-They've either slighted me personally by attempting to rob me, or I have been hired to resolve the problem
-I will kill them because I can't be bothered to go on some sort of epic quest to save the lives of a bunch of ruffians or to hire undisciplined criminals for my party, nor would I possibly owe them any such effort.
The entire thing about salvation for the bandits is incredibly contrived, that's not the sort of thing that would be expected to happen under normal circumstances. You're just throwing in your own politics and expecting the players to do exactly what you would do. If I were to DM and my players tried some "if you kill your enemies they win" type philosophy, they'd probably just end up getting stabbed in the back unless they've got the strength of arms to make up for their lack of sense.

What this guy >>53352689 said, desu
>>
>>53341512

It takes 15-20 years for a human to reach adulthood, depending on definitions. Human menstrual cycles are not one but two orders of magnitude faster than that.
>>
>>53350111

Video game soundtracks are by far the best thing to play in the background of an RPG. They're designed to loop and, when done intelligently, only a tiny handful of soundtracks in them are intended to produce really intense emotions. The others are subdued, because the creators knew that players might end up listening to them for 15+ minutes. Movie soundtracks might sound better, but they're scored for specific scenes and frequently have a specific flow to them, with the music rising and falling in tandem with the action. There's basically no chance your game will follow this flow. Movie tracks that are constant or near constant levels of intensity are often no better, because that level of intensity is often much too high and becomes fatiguing if used for the duration of even a short encounter. Non-soundtrack music with lyrics can be distracting, and even without lyrics it usually suffers from the same problem as movie soundtracks. It's intended to provide an experience on its own, and has its own narrative pacing, its own rising and falling action, and that's not going to match what's going on in your game. Game soundtracks are supposed to evoke a specific mood and keep that mood going indefinitely. Play them quietly in the background and make sure you're not leaving one specific track on for too long.
>>
File: 1488130109319.jpg (92KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
1488130109319.jpg
92KB, 800x999px
>>53352804
>feudal ages
>guillotines
>>
>>53352978
Close enough, renaissance or whatever, point is it makes criminals dead.
>>
>He likes 3.PF
>>
Quite easily the worst thread on /tg/ right now.
>>
>>53353010
Also the mechanism for the Guillotine could TOTALLY have been invented way sooner since it's pretty much just two pulleys and a big choppy blade. The only issue would be getting the blade sufficiently choppy
>>
>>53349064
GODFUCKING
>>
>>53342325
have a good day
>>
File: 1488179506474.jpg (18KB, 358x270px) Image search: [Google]
1488179506474.jpg
18KB, 358x270px
>>53342462
>be king of whateverland
>bandits assault my villages, steal my crops, burn my farms, kill my cows and rape my women
>invest some money into paying specialized fighters to deal with it
>find out that they instead went into a deep investigation of why would the poor bandits do this
>then they went into some other country because apparently that's where they come from
>started poking around the nobility to gather some info on why are they kicking people out of the country
>turns out it was related to some old religious issue
>so of course they went to deal with that
>apparently three hundred years ago the ancestors of the bandits believed in some deity that became unpopular because at that time the country was invaded by other guy's ancestors and established a new order
>of course they decided to deal first with that new order
>not by violence, of cours,e they're trying to check if the laws of the time allowed for such an invasssion and how to create some kind of new equilirbium
>nobody in the neighbouring country is having any of that shit, they want to fuckers out for good
>so they went onto create some kind of order that helps people in this situation with food and a home
>apparently they created an entire village for these people to live
>they also keep getting money and food out of who-knows-where and giving it to the bandits
>but the bandits keep assaulting my crops, burning my women, raping my cows and stealing my villages
>it's been 15 years
>mfw
>>
>>53342519
People in my city just want to play DnD/Pathfinder, Wod/CofD, or the FFG Star Wars RPGs. I do not want to play those, and the players here don't want to try the games I want to play, so I have to go online.
>>
>>53342144
>>53342462
You sound incredibly pretentious and I bet your campaigns are "full of shades of grey that players just dont GET"
>>
>>53342519
The city I live in has a non-existent rpg scene unless you grew up here playing them and any postings are in a language I can't converse in, so online is the only way to go.
>>
>>53354147
Wait you live in a city where you don't speak the language?
>>
>>53340624
>alignment faggotry
>>
>>53354151
Bilingual country, the scene here is mostly around the second language.
>>
>>53354169
Interesting
Is there a reason only that part likes to play rpgs?
>>
>>53354194
Because the other part consists of student groups that tend to be branch based and my branch doesn't have people who play rpgs.
>>
>pre-industrial setting
>with pre-industrial anachronisms
>>
File: 1235687996.jpg (14KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1235687996.jpg
14KB, 400x400px
>>53342857

eggs

awwww yis
>>
>>53340308
>GM "I'll read the rules for you"
>Inconsistences everywhere on top of at first seeming like game is extra punishing to PCs
>Me "Can I read that?"
>GM "mmmmm No"
>>
>Start game at 1st level 3.PF/5e
>"I want 5 pages backstory"
Nope
>>
File: bush+tear.jpg (19KB, 252x320px) Image search: [Google]
bush+tear.jpg
19KB, 252x320px
>"I kill the <race> NPC."
>"What? Why?"
>"My character flaw is that I hate <race>."
>>
>>53355266
>That feel when we had a racist PC
>That feel when he used "Speak with animals" spell when talking to other races
Hilarious
>>
>>53340624
What's wrong with chaotic good?
>>
>>53341451
Using threats of violence in character is a problem to you? What kind of games do you play where that never happens?
>>
>>53342144
>If you see some dude throwing babies into a cauldron, you shouldn't be throwing him into the cauldron after them until you can ascertain why the fuck this became a valid way to put bread on the table

Why? I'm a subjectivist myself, but that doesn't prevent me from imposing my moral viewpoints on others if I have the power and/or the motivation. If I saw someone throwing babies in a cauldron, making sure he stopped throwing babies into cauldrons - permanently - would be a greater priority than learning about his cauldronbaby-based philosophy. Whether it's evil or not in the grander scheme of things, what does that matter to me?

Although in the end, I think you're most likely a /pol/ troll and not the least bit genuine.
>>
>>53346148
>I can't fap to it, so it's terrible
>>
>>53355367
Fags that play it that never opened a D&D book and think "chaotic" means "random"
>>
File: bioconservatism ain't free.png (61KB, 1054x958px) Image search: [Google]
bioconservatism ain't free.png
61KB, 1054x958px
It was fine until that last one.

Red flag threads are fine, whatever, edition whoring is perfectly understandable, and partaking in edition wars is to expected once you've picked a hill to die on, and honestly, who DOESN'T fucking hate the mainstream hobby scene?

But unfiltered autism, rules lawyering, personal hangups and problems with DM fiat at the table is fucking inexcusable.

Eject or get wreck't.
>>
>>53353270
Well, they made them weigh like 80kg, so it shouldn't have to be that sharp.
>>
>>53340741
>NEVER attempts to be in character and their dialogue is always "I ask them about X" as opposed to playing it out a little bit
Some of us just can't do that to save our lives, and some of us are (also) used to no-one really doing voices and shit.

Sorry, I just can't do it.
>>
>>53348463
>We've since implemented the "No Quantum Clerics"(the guy played nothing but Clerics for the longest time) rule that once you decide you're at x location, you stay there until circumstances change.
You felt the need to implement a RULE? Nobody just told him "No, wait, dude, you're not there."

We have some faggots at our "table" (Roll20) that routinely zones out when they're not the center of attention (which fucking infuriates me), so it often happens that someone tries to suddenly interject or participate in something and we have to point out "No, man, you're not there, it's just X and Y". Sometimes it also happens by legit accident - I've done that myself.

Institution a rule to enforce what should be fucking self-evident in play is weird.
>>
>>53355956
This.
The few times I did try to play out a character, got jokes and snide comments. God forbid someone raised in a tribal village doesn't know that it's called a volcano, or the academic names for elementals and such.
>>
>>53353270
Guillotines weren't actually that sharp. They were pretty much just edged thin-ish sheets of metal with weights on them attached to a pulley.

There's really no fucking way that wouldn't tear through your neck. And that was just a way to make execution more efficient and painless, because the equally dull executioner's swords often missed and chopped/beat into the bodies of the one to be executed, or took several chops over the neck to basically "crush loose" the head.

Sharp stuff was only for nobles.

But technically, nope, doesn't need to be that choppy.
>>
>>53356031
>"No Quantum Clerics

It's called metagaming.
>>
>>53340741

I think doing a voice actually detracts from roleplaying, unless you are a professional actor or some such thing.

The last 2 characters I roleplayed with voices. I played a Druid who spoke in a Japanese Accent, and I played a Wizard who spoke in the Third Person.
I wasn't roleplaying, I was just playing myself with a different voice.

I did a session, a new character, where I didn't do a voice and I just described, in detail, what my character did. i was more aware of choices, actions, who my character was. It was probably some of the best roleplaying I've done in the past 5 years and at the end of the first session I really knew who the character was. Or atleast I knew i wasn't just playing myself.

Actions speak louder than words.

I don't think doing a voice is bad. One approach isn't better than the other, but I do think that specifically not doing a voice can help you get into character more.
>>
>>53341737
>hey there little stoic elf boy
>wanna /ss/
>>
>>53355956
>unfun
>>
>>53356126
Yeah, no shit.

Or did you mean to respond to the post I was responding to?
>>
>>53341451
>uses threats of physical violence in character

...this is a problem? Practically no-one I've ever played as or played with would pass that. The only thing I can think of is when I played a Priest of Shallya, who was a pacifist.

And I still ended up forcing literal shit down the throat of a grave-robber.
>>
>>53355294
I like that guy. He sounds like a fucking blast
>>
>>53355956
I feel you, anon. As a DM I'm much more comfortable saying "the village blacksmith welcomes you in a gruff voice and asks how he can help" than doing on my best gruff blacksmith impression, and this holds true for when I'm playing too.

However, when you're a player and telling your GM you talk to a NPC about something, your GM often absolutely needs to know *how* you go about it.
>"I threaten the bandit leader"
Doesn't work.
>"I swing my sword around and tell the bandit I'll kill him if he doesn't give us the hideout's location"
>"I describe in graphic detail what I'll do to the bandit's intestines if he won't lead us to the hideout, and I stare him down the whole time"
Much better.
Depending on which way you pick, the bandit leader's opinion of you will be different, and the Intimidate DC may get easier or harder.
>>
>>53342144
>>53342462
Moral relativism is my dark temptation to turn into in life, but then you get faggots likes yourself who use baby cooking as an example of "don't judge, you have to know context" tier relativity. Which sends me straight back into objectivism and absolutism.

Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>>53341446
Never used a coaster in my life
Also never had a problem with anything staining my table and its made of wood
>>
File: 1422268287260.png (655KB, 1912x2832px) Image search: [Google]
1422268287260.png
655KB, 1912x2832px
>>53341332
>>
>>53341456
Who the fuck would do that?
It's been a hotbed of unholy autism since Troper Tales
>>
>>53341732
I agree with most of this but shouldn't most character descriptions start with physical apearance.
Especially if the party hasn't me this character before. It's not like some bard/cleric/whatever is gonna walk into a tavern and immediately start exspositing his whole backstory , nor is anyone going to be able to disern it by looking at him or having a brief chat about the weather.
>>
>>53356157
You don't have to do a voice in order to speak in the first person.
>>
>>53340308
>>He gets on /tg/
>>
>>53341446
Mate, you can buy a shitty table for really cheap.

Also you'd have an autistic fit with my group with often drinks are spilled.
>>
>>53348513
As a utilitarian, I believe that the belief in video games as an art medium has dealt enough damage to both the industry and my sanity that I consider it actively immoral. Vidya is just silly games for passing the time, some of them are emotional, dramatic, beautiful and stirring, but calling them art attracts a plethora of human failures trying to push their weird social philosophies and gives you nothing but games designed by art majors. Looking at you, Mass Effect Andromeda.
>>
File: DEAR GODS !.jpg (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
DEAR GODS !.jpg
24KB, 200x200px
>GM returns one day too tired to GM for us on a "Roll20 AW game".
>This one player whom really does sound like a girl but now I am having my doubts decided to bring up a one off game system called "Big Gay Orc".
>That same player plays a Transgender Madam Pimp in a brothel in the actual game.
>She has a very disturbing avatar making me believe she is an actual cultist of Slaanesh.
>I foolishly tried the "BGO" game since I thought it may be good for a couple of langues but the game just turned into a game of people playing a bunch of gay butt garbing orcs that couldn't even properly roleplay Orcs !.
>>
>>53356515
This. I'm not comfortable doing voices and would rather put the effort into a bit more detail. Both still get the point across so I dont think there is a problem
>>
>male and plays a female character
>girlfriend of someone at the table
>his character has a japanese name or is insipired in an anime
>he's fat

95% of these players will be shit tier
>>
>>53358521
>Drawings are just silly lines for passing the time
I can make anthing sound unartistic like this
>>
>>53355956
Except being in character has nothing to do with doing a voice.

If you're uncreative that's fine but don't make excuses about voices and shit.
>>
>>53355956
>>53356157

I don't expect anyone to try doing the voice of their character just responding like their PC would. Guess it is not so much red flag as it is my own little bugbear.
>>
>>53341291

Not going to lie, Mary McSugarTits vs a giant octopus sounds fucking awesome

As long as it doesn't get fetishy.Then it becomes my dream battle.
>>
>>53342519
I don't play online, but I play in real life with my friends. It seems like playing online would be really lonely and would be full of weirdos.
>>
>>53356994
Then it's epoxied or has a good waterproof finish. Not all do. Your stuff, your rules, other peoples' stuff, their rules. Not sure why people get on this unless they've said "don't do that to my stuff" and someone does anyway.
>>
>>53341732
>>her character description starts with her appearance, clothing, or both;
What would it start with?
>>
>Typo in the OP

Big red flag
>>
>>53349490
List of Gaming Group Red Flags (v. 0.03)
1. Magical Realm #
2. GM or player less than 14 years of age*
3. Gratuitous grimdark
4. Furry/animu/pone/similar fandom shit
5. Blatant fanservice in a non-ERP game
6. Bathroom humor
7. Players drink at the table*
8. GM drinks at the table*
9. GM is speaking in prose
10. Underage female characters played by males #
11. More than one person in a heavy metal T-shirt
12. Needlessly sexually provocative female characters played by males #
13. SJW tendencies (5e, “warri-her”, nongendered characters) #
14. Flagrant political or prejudicial undertones without proper in-universe justification
15. GM has a reputation for (unjustified) obnoxious behavior
16. Player has a reputation for (unjustified) obnoxious behavior
17. Lack of hygiene among players
18. Play area is disgusting
19. Mary Sues/special snowflakes
20. Railroading
21. Lack of any notes or planning*
22. Blatantly ripping off other works (when story not set in the work, and more extensive than a
simple reference, IE: Killing “Agoth-Dur” in “Orange Mountain” by breaking the “Pancreas of Lo-kayne”)
23. Gratuitous (mis)use of a foreign language
24. Game takes place in Japan*
25. Japanese or Japanese-speaking characters in a game not set in Asia #
26. More than one person has an intentional full neckbeard
27. No grills in game*
28. Staring excessively at grills in game #
29. le ebin maymays #
30. Hosted at someone’s mother’s house (assuming all members are in their twenties or above)
31. Lack of understanding of gameplay mechanics
32. GM argues about everything
33. Players argue about everything
34. More than 3 elves/equivalent in a party
>>
>>53359573
35. GM puts his/her opinions, likes, dislikes into and/or before the game and plays favorites # 36. Sudden and frequent rule changes with no proper justification # 37. New powers as the plot demands 38. Any combination of the words “realistic”, “retro”, “classic”, “mature”, “self-made”, "psychological", and “furry” 39. Non-tested homebrew system 40. Start game with top-tier gear and maxed stats despite being a new character* 41. Any of the players "vape" at the table 41a. Any of the players "vape" at all 42. Piercings, dyed hair, or alternative speshull snowflake haircuts 43. Players don't tip food delivery guy 44. None of the players are in a relationship Entries marked with * can be forgiven, depending on the intended playstyle, but should still be treated as red flags until closer investigations have been conducted. Entries marked with # are big red flags, and even one of these should make you very suspicious of the game.

GM REDFLAGS

>"I am a merciless GM and i kill characters."
>"I allow everything in my games!"
>Low fantasy DnD.
>Grimdark and edgy description of setting.
>Brings girlfriend/boyfriend.
>"This is a medieval setting with Elves."
>Is animu/hentai/furries/faggotry religion.
>Begins system description with custom rules.
>"You will begin with [that] handicap because game is too unbalanced!"
>"I have house rules for natural critical failures."
>"I care only for the roleplaying part!"
>Confuses minmaxing with optimization.
>Is late on first session for no serious reason.
>Postpones the first session at least twice.
>Doesn't know basic rules.
>"I have only played DnD/WoD/CoC!"
>"We are playing modern with DnD rules."
>"Time travel campaign!"
>First NPC female barbarian/amazon/DMPC/berserker/similar.
>Scythe is an actual weapon. And a gun.
>Fake cat ears.
>"Yes, everything is fine with your character!" followed by a mean look.
>Does not pay attention to you when you are talking to him.
>>
>>53340856
In terms of likelihood, people mainly drawing upon anime for influence are going to be a certain way.

I've taken inspiration from anime before, but it gets swept in with all that I've taken from literally everything else. I'm not even "into" anime but I wouldn't call it 98% shit, there's plenty of amazing content in that genre if calling it a genre is even fair.
>>
>>53360329

The word you're looking for is "medium."
>>
File: Alignment Change.jpg (519KB, 1279x718px) Image search: [Google]
Alignment Change.jpg
519KB, 1279x718px
>>53358188
To be fair, it reflected on how he made each encounter. His idea of a good VtM game was a roll everything you need to do, if something bad happens to your character it's no save and also Cthulhu because he was a Lovecraftfag.

The most characteristic thing about his shit game was getting my character abducted, tortured and almost killed with automatic damage and then chased down to be murdered in an entire city. All that by people he contacted to do a job with, because they didn't believe that their contact sent him for no reason whatsoever.

I'm very sure he was jerking off furiously while all this shit was happening, thinking "this is like the Autistic Chase trope, lol!"
>>
>>53359614

Personally, I like to play with Critical Failures and Successes a little to add some more fun to the game but I've been DM'ing the same group for over a decade so maybe it's just group dynamic that we really like.

RAW all game every game good way to be uncreative tho if that's your preference,
>>
>>53343108
Did that stop anyone?

Tl;Dr
>>
>>53348475
Some things are more artistic than others. Say "not all", not "all are not"...
>>
>>53359614
35. GM puts his/her opinions, likes, dislikes into and/or before the game and plays favorites #
36. Sudden and frequent rule changes with no proper justification #
37. New powers as the plot demands
38. Any combination of the words “realistic”, “retro”, “classic”, “mature”, “self-made”, "psychological", and “furry”
39. Non-tested homebrew system
40. Start game with top-tier gear and maxed stats despite being a new character*
41. Any of the players "vape" at the table
41a. Any of the players "vape" at all
42. Piercings, dyed hair, or alternative speshull snowflake haircuts
43. Players don't tip food delivery guy
44. None of the players are in a relationship
Entries marked with * can be forgiven, depending on the intended playstyle, but should still be treated as red flags until closer investigations have been conducted. Entries marked with # are big red flags, and even one of these should make you very suspicious of the game.

GM REDFLAGS

>"I am a merciless GM and i kill characters."
>"I allow everything in my games!"
>Low fantasy DnD.
>Grimdark and edgy description of setting.
>"This is a medieval setting with Elves."
>Is animu/hentai/furries/faggotry religion.
>Begins system description with custom rules.
>"You will begin with [that] handicap because game is too unbalanced!"
>"I care only for the roleplaying part!"
>Confuses minmaxing with optimization.
>Is late on first session for no serious reason.
>Postpones the first session at least twice.
>Doesn't know basic rules.
>"I have only played DnD/WoD/CoC!"
>"We are playing modern with DnD rules."
>"Time travel campaign!"
>First NPC female barbarian/amazon/DMPC/berserker/similar.
>Scythe is an actual weapon. And a gun.
>Fake cat ears.
>"Yes, everything is fine with your character!" followed by a mean look.
>Does not pay attention to you when you are talking to him.
>>
>>53341332
Have I got something for you, anon.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-evolutionary-benefit-or-purpose-of-having-periods/answers/4625918?share=1
>>
>>53359573
how is 5e sjw
>>
>>53340811
What's bad about Critical Role? Far from perfect, sure. But it's fun.
>>
>>53362157

There were a couple of vaguely SJW-esque motions in the core books, released in 2014 at the height of the frenzy. They haven't stuck, but some people are still flipping their shit about it because they're retards.
>>
File: 1399343864596.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1399343864596.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>53358521
>As a utilitarian
>>
File: ViolentLeftists.jpg (69KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
ViolentLeftists.jpg
69KB, 700x600px
>>53352804
>not killing your enemies
>leftist
Anon pls. Don't confuse Liberals with Leftists.
>>
>>53356730
Moral relativism doesn't mean you have to accept that it's okay to eat babies, just that your disdain for it is entirely personal, and has nothing to do with an objective morality.
>>
>>53342519
I can't play offline because my only friend is dead.
>>
>>53358766
How do you find any players if you are excluding anybody that's fat? I have never seen a tabletop gamer that wasn't at least a little fat.
>>
>>53340741
>and their dialogue is always "I ask them about X" as opposed to playing it out a little bit
I'm too autistic and embarrassed to do that unless it's in text. Having to actually say the words gives me conniptions.
>>
File: 1491708319173.png (309KB, 566x307px) Image search: [Google]
1491708319173.png
309KB, 566x307px
>brags about how badass their character is
>Evil PC
>bitches about how much they hate an obvious limitation put into the game to keep specifically assholes like them from juggling planets at level 2
>complains non-stop about the system you're using, constantly suggests some faggot shit like GURPS instead
>start acting ten times creepier when a female character is introduced to the table
>start acting 100x creepier when a female PLAYER is introduced to the table (RUN AWAY IMMEDIATELY)
>pimples, pasty skin, and three weeks of beard growth
>wants to play a steel donut race, especially a furry one, and even though everyone else at the table is not cool with that
>my name is <terrible pun>, my character concept is <same terrible pun>
>Book of Erotic Fantasy
>>
>>53355919
then say 'thinks chaotic equals random' don't blast the entirety of characters who aren't fucking paladins. Faggot.
>>
File: 83155274.gif (483KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
83155274.gif
483KB, 500x281px
>>53342144
>he's a pretentious "moral relativist" wanker
>even in fantasy roleplaying
>>
File: 1344922052541.jpg (12KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1344922052541.jpg
12KB, 100x100px
>>53342462
>I generally have bandits pursue non-lethal means of stripping people of wealth, for example.
This is just icing on the retard cake.
>>
>>53363666
Evil exists as an aesthetic in words like "work will make you free", in images of someone forced to do tasks like carrying large wet bags of salt back and forth in the cold, in punishing those who say even a word against the horrible conditions of incarceration, in the camps of the twentieth century, in the violence of the chattel slavery of centuries before that, and in the hearts of the men who captured and sold them before that. Evil is finding that there is suffering in the world and deciding to make others suffer with you, be it for resources or for the raw satisfaction of it. We can see it clearly in history in the excessive cruelty of men like Vlad the Impaler and like Pol Pot, of the tools of the inquisition and the men who used them. Rarely does evil believes it's evil since even evil can manifest itself in a partly righteous cause because it's made by people and people are complicated, but none the less even his allies can see evil when it's put into motion. When soldiers burn villages in fear and hate of potential hostiles among the villagers, they manifest evil. Putting forward examples like killing babies by bashing them into rocks, sacrificing them to hungry dark gods, or eating them gives you a clear example of what evil is. We know it because we can see it inside ourselves, and because every one of us is capable of it just as much as we are capable of good. It exists: it's never had a nation or even a whole person in it's grip absolutely, and every nation and person has been capable of manifesting it. Every cause is capable of becoming pathologic because it's root is in the limited mindset of men who cannot fit all of reality as it is into their ideologies. You cannot remove it from men, and no economic condition or utopian social structure can take it from them since men dislike stagnancy just as much as they do restless chaos, and all such conditions are only temporary. Good is difficult, but evil is easy to know.
>>
>>53341737
what kind of 5th edition bullshit is this
>>
>>53359573
>11. More than one person in a heavy metal T-shirt
Elaborate
>>
>>53359573
What do #s and *s mean?
>>
>>53366689
6 people at my table, not one is fat
>>
>>53368237
It's 3.5 splat "Races of the Wild"
>>
>>53368520
imagine having such an unfulfilling life that you sperg out /pol/ style whenever you see a fat person.
>>
>>53340881
>players of female characters must track their menstruation cycle, and during their period, they get a -2 to all ability checks, skill checks, saving throws, and other d20 rolls

Was your GM's name Doug Douglason?
>>
>>53342586
My friends don't play RPGs.
>>
>>53368916
I love Fear of Girls.
>>
>>53361953

>44. None of the players are in a relationship

The worrying thing is that there are a LOT of people who earnestly believe this.

But no, I'm sure the rising divorce rates are all down to feminazis and SJWs. You're absolutely right.
>>
>>53341451
>>53342144

Why would you false flag like this.

I genuinely don't understand.
>>
>>53341254
Yeah, people on ERP websites are pretty autistic sometimes.
>>
>>53363608
Yeah, leftists are authoritarian cunts that are a step off facism
Fucking die commie cunt
>>
>>53368678
Fat people are almost always disgusting, especially the fat fags playing PnP
>>
>>53370123
You are going to get a lot of angry fat replies but you are completely right
Fat people are disgusting and they are rarely fun to be around.
>>
>>53370135
Making sure you're not a disgusting smelly tub of lard is as simple self preservation and personal hygiene as bathing
We'll get shit for saying it because of course /tg/ will have its share of un/fit/ landwhales, but it's the truth, fatties are horrible, they're usually sweaty and stink, and seem to care less about hygiene in general, not always ofc but frequently
>When a tub gets upset because you go outside to smoke
>Meanwhile he continues to shovel snack food and sugary drinks down
>>
>>53370176
I mean obviously it is good for yourself but that is not why I hate fat and smelly people

Generally other people see you and other people smell you so to me fat lards are inconsiderate of others.
>>
>>53343937
Ok grandpa.
>>
>>53342586
Actually playing with complete strangers is how I've made some friends.
>>
>>53342789
Zatoichi. Kanjincho. A charity fair at the Rokumeikan (meiji Era drawing)
While I like such classical Japanese culture I also watched some of the stupidest animes that exists. Along with the more quality ones.
Suck my dick
>>
>>53368000
>I don't like it, so it's evil
Spooky
>>
File: smug.png (253KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
253KB, 568x638px
>>53370103
>Anarchists
>Authoritarian
>>
>>53371959
Dont bother. He sound like he's from /pol/ and they ironically know less about politics than an amoeba indigenous to the South Pole.
>>
>>53371959
Are libertarians left wing?
Liberalism is the opposite of authoritarian, not leftism
Left and right isn't universal
>>
>>53368678
Fat people should not be fat, just like smokers should not smoke. It sucks for everyone involved.
>>
>>53370103
Enjoy your globalist bankers ruining your asshole, mr (((fiscal concervative)))
>>
>>53368000
>source: your feels
None of that was evil, just circumstance; source: my feels. What now?
>>
File: Togata_Power.png (725KB, 1181x851px) Image search: [Google]
Togata_Power.png
725KB, 1181x851px
>>53355876
Bad art is a very valid criticism to a visual medium. Take, say, My Hero Academia. It's every bit terrible shonen shlock as anything else (and this is coming from a guy who keeps up with the manga) but the art is great, the character designs in specific even more so. And it's not about being able to jack off to it - literally every character, even random bystanders, get stylistically distinct character designs.

Take a look at Mirio from the last 2 arcs. You also didn't address the rest of that post
>>
>>53356098
Sources please.
>>
>>53373603
Vault Boy got ripped as fuck.
>>
>>53376030
that's buffout for ya
>>
>>53342159
You have plenty of flexibility in most systems. D&D gives you a million choices for how you build your character, how you specialize, how you act in combat, etc, with the games usually made to expand almost infinitely with endless splatbooks and niche combinations of shit.

But it's still more similar to a wargame or tactical RPG than a simulation, and the entire class concept is to allow your character to be built around fantasy tropes. It's not designed to be realistic, nor was that ever the intent.

If you don't like that, play a different system instead of screeching about realism in a system that is not at all about realism.
>>
File: 1488047406290.jpg (62KB, 554x842px) Image search: [Google]
1488047406290.jpg
62KB, 554x842px
A common red flag is people inserting anything sexual into the game.

My current group is all people who met through kinkster network, and we share a lot of those interests.

So our campaigns are usually pretty good and people are mostly good players and GMs, and then we also get to include things that would normally be red flags, but everyone at the table shares it. So as long as we also have a normal game as well, everything generally goes swimmingly.

Some of our group have even started dating each other, which is cute. But we're not retarded so our characters re still played properly. Part of the group dating is another common red flag but thankfully these people are good gamers and know better than to let that overcome being a good player. Some of their characters are dating too though, which I think is really cute as long as it's pulled off believably, realistically. .
>>
>>53342462
I prefer to have my bandits pursue non-lethal methods of stripping people of wealth as well!

Because;
A. If they're still alive that means you can rob them again, later!
B. If you aren't leaving a trail of mutilated corpses behind you in your crimes you're generally left alone until the authorities deal with the people that do, and even when you are caught it's a lot easier to surrender/bribe/lawyer your way out of trouble if there aren't flocks of weeping peasants screaming for your blood.

Of course bandits are often pretty stupid and/or shortsighted, which leads to a whole host of unpleasantries.
Thread posts: 235
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.