[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 47

File: eisenhorn.jpg (379KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
eisenhorn.jpg
379KB, 1000x701px
"Best Inquisitor award" Edition

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

>Where did the Mandragora Apocrypha go?
The namefag working on it has fucked off to finish it in peace after our autists yelled at him over the unfinished version they found.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
https://mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
http://www.40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
http://www.mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Prev: >>53291687

Share the Inquisitors your campaigns had and maybe your characters had become.
>>
>>53330796 Is that link any safe?
>>
>>53338141
Yes, fool, it's an old link to a fairly well used website, it's not gonna ransomware your pc.
>>
>>53338158
Got it, thanks
>>
Daily reminder that Eisenhorn did nothing wrong. Maybe he should fuck Alizabeth when he had a chance.
>>
>>53321067

My question still stands. Maybe I formed it in a wrong way, just tell me what amounts of xp do you give out as a gm?
>>
Going to be running a Dark Heresy 2e campaign soon. How do I make sure my players don't get gibbed straight away? I mean I still want it to be fairly lethal, but not like, instagibbed on the first shootout.
>>
>>53338129
How do I RP a Dark Angel? It's Deathwatch, and I'm Ravenwing so I know about the thing.
>>
>>53338588
Well the thing is.. A Ravenwing or Deathwing DA can't join Deathwatch..
>>
>>53338569
Don't homebrew weapons or stuff like that. Be sure to adjust the difficulty, maybe test it yourself. Other than that? Well if their rolls will suck and they will be gibbed straight away, it isn't your fault. This is warhammer 40k not d&d.
>>
>>53338569
Start them off fighting gangers with stub weapons, and remind them of the armour provided by cover.
Then start ramping up as you need.
>>
File: starship.jpg (119KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
starship.jpg
119KB, 819x1024px
>>53338129
does anyone have a web quality of The Lathe Worlds?
it's the only scan quality book left in my collection, and it's really annoying
>>
File: IMAG0273~2.jpg (1MB, 2207x2462px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0273~2.jpg
1MB, 2207x2462px
I made an upgrade to my Techpriest character. We're using the 1st Ed books since that's what we own. We're in the final rank before Ascension.
>>
I had an inquisitor that fought a chaos lord of khorne fist to fist. He rolled 2 ones. And rolled max hit damage on that fucker a lot. I had a high strength and WS safe to say.
>>
>>53338750
Why is that so? What if he suspects that a fallen maybe hiding in the DW?
>>
>>53339100
Because DA are afraid of spilling out secrets.
>>
>>53339100
Ignore that guy. They even have rules for both.
>>
>>53339153
Yes, that's why when the DA vet someone for seconding to the Deathwatch the Interrogator Chaplains judge wether they can keep their mouth shut or not, and most likely still implant conditioned orders to stop from blurting out things.
Besides, while pretty much the whole Deathwing is in the know about the Fallen, Ravenwing marines outside of the Black Knights are still told a partial lie, something about Horus killing the Lion IIRC.
>>
>>53338772
Might be too small a challenge for 2e. 1e that'd be good, but I feel like the starting power level in 2e is a drastic improvement over 1e
>>
>>53338779
Sorry man, all I've got is the one from the Repository
>>
File: thinking IFV.jpg (27KB, 446x446px) Image search: [Google]
thinking IFV.jpg
27KB, 446x446px
why do gamesworkshop destroy everything nice they make?
>>
>>53339273
>Horus killing the Lion

wat
>>
>>53339320
because money. If they slightly change/rebrand something, and call it brand new, they know that kiddies will waste their parents money on it.

I used to play TT, but it's just gotten too expensive for me. Luckily we still have the RPGs (for now)
>>
>>53339281
i actually found a web quality copy of it https://ufile.io/ug8w3
>>
>>53339357
So much nicer looking. Thanks mate
>>
>>53339341
Hey, when your Chaplain tells you stuff, you believe it.
>>
>>53339347
we don't have the RPG's though, they've completely killed that line and we'll never see new splats or editions for any of those god tier RPG's again
>>
>>53339447
They shall be our STCs, glories of old, slowly falling into disrepair and underuse. And inevitably, when GW tries to innovate, it'll be shit
>>
>>53339447
We're like one week away from their announcements on their RPG plans.
>>
>>53340106
source?
>>
Why is subtetly in dh2 fucked and its made for 'murica and any sane GM should scrap that?
>>
>>53340113
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/19/try-something-different-licensed-products-at-warhammer-fest/
>>
>>53340198
I don't know, anon. Why is that?
>>
>>53340667
Because it's way too small and retarded?
>>
>>53340657
holy shit.
that could be actually nice
>>
>>53340657
i am highly interested in what they have to say
>>
>>53338240

The headache would kill him
>>
>>53339447
>we'll never see new splats or editions

we have homebrew
>>
>>53344191
Worth it!
>>
>>53344208

only fags and cheaters homebrew
>>
>>53345439
Did you OD on obscura anon?
>>
Hey guys. So I've never played this before, but I'm our groups forever DM, and we've all decided to give 2nd edition Dark Heresy a go, so i need to figure out what to do. The plan is to run the starting adventure that's in the book, can I get any advice and maybe some pointers for how the game plays and what the system is like. Maybe a simplified explanation? I'm reading through the book right now, but if you all could help me make sense of it that would be great.

Thanks.
>>
>>53347379
>Le Obscura causes autism meme.
Leave us junkies alone!

>>53348498
Are your players new to 40k as a whole? Only War or Deathwatch make for easier rails which I've found is good for introducing people through the setting via RPG.
Otherwise you might get one of those players whose character is a cosplaying 21st century liberal
>>
>>53348813

They know 40k, we play 40k, we just haven't played this before.
>>
>>53349210
Well then the system is fairly straight forward. They want to do something, they roll a 1d100. If the number is equal to or less than their skill number, they succeed (modifiers may apply). If they want to use a skill they don't have it's -20, unless it's an advanced skill, in which case tough luck.

The typical combat round goes something like
>half aim
>attack action
>enemy attempts to react (dodge)
>If not dodged or parried or forcefielded, roll damage.

Every 10 below the success threshold is a Degree of Success, which can determines how well they succeeded/how much they know/how many times they hit, etc. Likewise, every 10 above their skill check is a Degrees of Failure which is usually only relevant in opposed tests.

That's the tl;dr, there's a lot more to it, but it's a fairly easy system once you get the hang of it
>>
File: heretek.png (312KB, 400x633px) Image search: [Google]
heretek.png
312KB, 400x633px
So, I'm starting a Black Crusade game and the apostate wants to be a null. Is this at all viable or balanced?
>>
>>53338750
Nigga what? How about you read the books first before telling lies?

>First Founding

Ravenwing Veteran
Prerequisites

Requirements: Dark Angels only, Ag 45+, Per 35+, WP 35+, Rank 1 only
Cost: 1,000xp

same book has Deathwing vet specialty
>>
>>53338750
Your headcanon is stupid.

If anything, they should be sending mostly X-Watch level marines because Deathwatch offers opportunities for wider investigation into potential Fallen.
>>
>>53349449
X-Wing, rather.
>>
>>53349293

Ok, thanks. Anything else I should know? Or any good adventure ideas or hooks you'd like to recommend?
>>
>>53349879
Toughness is better than armor, and nothing compares to a good dodge stat. Damage evasion is far more important than mitigation
>>
What's the best way to take targets alive? Rogue Trader game, but DH stuff is available on a case by case basis (no obviously inquisition only stuff).
>>
>>53350401
Shocking and concussive weapons.
>>
>>53349324
almost completely incompatable since black crusade is all about the dark gods giving you boons and punishments.
demons basically cant affect nulls in the lore so he'd be skipping out on a core game mechanic.
>>
Basing a Slaaneshi Apostate Heretic for Black Crusade off of the lead singer of Dead or Alive; good or THE BEST idea?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llHhiiNnIjY
>>
>>53349324
Let him screw himself over if he wants, he'll end up significantly weaker than other PCs
>>
>>53349324
Literally not an option given in BC, even before you get to the thematic counterproductiveness involved.

If they really can't get into the game without something similar, consider offering them Discordant (DH1e, Lathe Worlds) as an Elite Advance. It's sorta like Pariah/Null/Blank, but for technology.
>>
>>53349324
No it isnt. He is a chaos gods worshipper ffs
>>
>>53350401
Be a Manhunter, you get an handy talent for converting damage into fatigue on your called shots. Grab shock and net weapons and go to town.
>>
>>53350401
Webbers/ANYTHING with the Snare quality.
Arm the voidsmen with Mancatchers. A Horde of motherfuckers with those can probably catch anything.
>>
>>53350971
>>53352065
>>53352792
>>53353067
Thanks. I've been trying to talk him out of it. He wants to be some kind of insane person who hates the Imperium but also thinks chaos and any non-humans are bad news. I'm not sure what his goals are, but if he isn't going to align with chaos while living in the screaming vortex they surely won't end well.
>>
Prospective first time gm for dark heresy here, should my pcs have any exp to spend as part of character creation?
>>
>>53354914
As in "more than they already have by the core book (400 for DH1E, 1K for DH2E)"?
>>
>>53354906
It will derail the game so bad. Just watch it.
>>
>>53354914
Why not? They just end up starting stronger.
>>
>>53354914
The exp amount in the core is enough, but I sometimes tend to even lower it a bit.
>>
>>53354906
>Character is in the Screaming Vortex
>Anti Imperium, anti Chaos and anti Xeno

Tell him to neck himself because he is a retard.
>>
>>53354931

No I was actually looking for how much the book said they should have. Been reading through it, but I guess I missed that somehow so I've been confused as fuck trying to help my players get going.

>>53354945

Well if I make them too strong it will make things too easy, but I don't wanna gimp them either.

>>53354948

What's your reasoning behind that?

One more question, if you were gonna do a session for just one player, how would you do it? Give him some npcs to boss around maybe? I figure jist one guy alone is probably screwed. I have more than one for the actual game, but im planning on running a praxticertain round with one of them before game day.
>>
>>53355009
Dark heresy first or second edition?
>>
>>53355009
Why would you make them stronger session 0? And there is no point in sessions one on one.
>>
>>53354906
Are there any decent malal rules? I might let him go down that path if he wants to be a contrarian.
>>
>>53355034

Second.
>>
>>53355908
Retconnium.
>>
>>53355044

One on one sessions lead to favoritism
>>
File: saber marine.jpg (139KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
saber marine.jpg
139KB, 1280x960px
>>53338129
pretty much this.

A power-armored, dual powerfist-wielding, Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor who's reasonable but also brooks no shit.
She never takes the powerfists off, and has two assistants, her right- and left-hand men, who do things like turn pages and feed her.
>>
File: The Khthonic Conclave.pdf (623KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Khthonic Conclave.pdf
623KB, 1x1px
>>53338129
>Share the Inquisitors your campaigns had and maybe your characters had become.
I got an entire triad of the fuckers.
>>
Could use some advice on psychic powers. I'm finding it quite hard to judge the 'usefulness' of them. We're a Malleus group and I'm planning on being facey - is Telepathy/Sanctic Daemonology with a smattering of tier 1 other powers (like Telekinetic Control) good? Will I be able to cover most situations? And are there any trap powers that I should just avoid?
>>
>>53351078
bonus points for getting multiple limb mutations, or getting super attached to individuals they're trying to corrupt and get creepy violent and stalkery if they get rejected
>>
>>53349879
an Inquisitorial Rosette can requisition damn near anything, especially if you have a reason you need an entire battlefleet

so be careful with those, it's like infinite Imperial money of any kind, you just can't spend it all at once, if you want a fleet you requisition your way up and some ships may decide to stay with you etc. again you need a really good reason for anything or people will figure you out and likely lynch you for abuse of authority. if a segmentum battlefleet admiral kills you for basically trying to steal his fleet just because you want it, that's just tough nuts, he wont be prosecuted. you get a lot of pushback unless, you know, there's a tyrannic fleet coming to eat everyone

if anything he now possesses a rosette
>>
>>53338129
that pic is heart-breaking
>>
Wanting to do a mine field encounter with hostiles at the other side waiting for people to cross it. Any ideas for how to execute that in a fun way without just doing a million checks?
>>
>>53357905
Is it some kind of reference to the Eisenhorn books?
>>
>>53357905
It is.
>>53358085
Its the before and after.
>>
>>53357905
The books are so shitty it's heartbreaking.
>>
>>53349324
personally I'd allow it just to see where it goes, if anything it might just be an interesting way of getting a NPC blank in the party when he decides to put it down and play something more chaos-y

it's not like there's a bunch of rogue psykers running around the screaming vortex or anything, he could probably make some decent coin as an assassin if he could find a way to advance his character and not just be a potato

also Khorne abhors psykers, which is interesting because he's a warp god and his daemons teleport if you look at the events of the spess mahreen vidya gaem, maybe his boons come in his dark god manipulating people around him

likewise, he could just be riddled with mortal viruses and worship nurge

you could also go the "not all blanks are full blanks" route. Some of them can only take so much warp lightning being shot at them before their pool is dry and they get evaporated, others are full blanks and will simply never be struck. In fact these half-blanks may actually be what's referred to as blunters. As such a warp god could pretty easily overcome a blunters field to turn them into a newt or whatnot.

on the other hand everyone else might be right, everyone aligned with tzeench would be trying to kill him 24/7. I think somewhere in the fluff of either the core book or the adventure trilogy to sink a planet into the warp it specifically states there's even the occasional blank running around. Again I'd imagine they have to be VERY careful, that is, if they aren't completely invisible to everyone. Then they could just run around naked using their wee wee as a weapon

anyway, if anything, you can just have tzeench cultists assassinate him if he's too game breaking

I think a khornate butcher's nailed blunter psyker assassin sounds kinda fun. he doesn't have to be FULLY immune, just very slippery, if you will

now any rogue psyker he walks by and turns off may pull a gun and start shooting at him, and his teammates may hate him...
>>
>>53355009
yeah even let them interview people and hire themselves some goons (might even let them roll them up, generic stat lines if making another 5 characters is too time consuming), divide all the xp they earn by 5 10 or 100, make it mostly a money mission, might even just have them start a business and the team gets occasional income from it but have to protect it occasionally
>>
File: the fuzz.jpg (62KB, 736x1172px) Image search: [Google]
the fuzz.jpg
62KB, 736x1172px
If I wanted to play a Dark Heresy Arbites character who uses a single pistol as his main weapon, how viable would that be?
What would I build towards/watch out for?
>>
>>53358426
1e or 2e?
>>
So I was thinking about doing a pretty mission for the mission that's in the core book for second ed dark heresy and sending one or two members of the party in as the representatives of "smugglers/pirates" with goods to sell to try and infiltrate the illicit trade ring on the hive world. Good idea? Bad idea? What do you all think?
>>
>>53359257

*Pre mision not pretty mission.
>>
So me and my group did our first Rogue Trader session. It went... weird.

>players all meet in a bar (voidmaster, astropath, and archmilitant)
>voidmaster immediately starts getting tanked, while the other two eye up the joint
>a mysterious individual approaches them, says he's here on behalf of a powerful rogue trader who wishes to acquire their services
>archmilitant tries to persuade the contact into revealing intel on the trader
(his player is trying to build him into a diplomat-type character, put a lot into Fel)
>three degrees of failure
>contact sees his attempt as being hit on, gets super sketched out
>leaves to check that these guys are actually the ones he's supposed to get

>meanwhile, a group of hive gangers have been watching them the whole time
>try to corner the archmilitant
>archmilitant attempts diplomacy again
>two degrees of failure
>everybody draws

>archmilitant, abandoning diplomacy, chainsaws the first ganger from shoulder to groin in one hit
>other two gangers back away in fear
>he demands their cash
>they throw their wallets at him and run
>all three players hear a slow clap

>the contact is standing in the doorway
>reveals himself as the rogue trader
>the contact, Jim Cognito, is a persona he uses for undercover work
>is impressed with the two halves of ganger on the ground
>takes them outside, where his shuttle is waiting.

That's when it got worse.
>>
>>53358426
If its pistol alone go for a hand cannon.

I used the stormchild hand cannon as it counts as a club in close combat. However you might want to use a carnodon hand cannon as you can get 3 round burst out of it and upgrade it with the 2E reinforced upgrade so you can use it as a club too.

If your thinking of using a pistol and melee, then you could either go with shock baton and hand flamer to shock people into not attacking while they suffer burn damage.

In both cases you'd end up upgrading into a bolt pistol and power maul, because theres no reason not to.
>>
>>53359364
>once in the shuttle, the rogue trader tells the voidmaster to take the group to the ship
>voidmaster is still heavily intoxicated
>rolls
>fails
>rolls again
>FOUR degrees of failure
>the shuttle flips over onto the bar, crushing everyone inside into red paste

>rogue trader seriously questioning his choices at this point
>voidmaster tries to right the shuttle
>rolls
>fails
>rolls again
>fails again
>the shuttle skids along the road, smearing greasy red barpatron down the street
>still upside down

>they decide to get out of the shuttle
>Agility check to extricate themselves from an upside down spacecraft
>rogue trader, astropath, and archmilitant pass
>voidmaster rolls
>three degrees of failure
>starts strangling in his crash webbing, hanging down from his chair
>the rogue trader has to hold his legs up while the astropath cuts him loose

>once outside, the rogue trader has to bribe the cops while the party waits for the voidmaster to sober up
>in the meantime, the astropath uses mind probe on the rogue trader, -20 to secretly read his thoughts
>finds out as far as rogue traders go, he's dirt poor and is trying to cut costs wherever he can
>is hiring this party of critically failing dumbasses because it's all he can afford

I was worried when it started that I'd run out of stuff for them to do, but they managed to make their own fun.
>>
>>53340730
>>53340198
Why are your questions inco-fucking-herent? Use adult grammar and phrasing, please.
>>
>>53344281
>doesn't matter had sex
>>
>>53360169
Le leddit bro!
>>
So is there no way to get a non-cancer version of the Koronus Bestiary Xenos Generator?
>>
>>53344281
>doesn't matter had sex

>>53355908
>>53354906
>>53349324
Just call him a faggot and tell him to make a non-snowflake character FFS.

>>53358121
Your taste is so trash it's heartbreaking.

>>53360189
Yeah, we can tell you're from Plebbit. So, what is your actual question about Subtlety?
>>
>>53359280
>honestly? anything to break the narrative. if all of your players have read that part of the book then your adventure could be taken apart by someone who say, remembers everything. Treating the adventure books more as "your characters had a vision of a possible future" and it turns out to be a bit not whats in the book is a great way to have a little fun. Nothing like that end treasure chest full of loot instead having a daemonhost in it you inadvertantly let loose opening the box
plus a little background never hurts anyone
>>
>>53360603
You had to write the same message twice?
>>
>>53360581
Is there only a bad scan of it or is the generator itself just bad?
>>
>>53360877
inadvertent greentext ftw
>>
>>53360889
derp
>>
>>53360942
Pretty sure the latter. If I'm thinking of the one he's referring to, it was a good idea in theory, it just doesn't pan out very well
>>
>>53361173
>Called someone a dude from that robotsite despite him being overly sarcastic about it and pointing out someone else being a ledditbro
>Uses derp in 2017

Ding ding ding, found the autismolord
>>
>>53338129
Does anyone knows which, if any, Imperium ship classes, frigate and bigger, can enter an atmosphere and leave?
>>
>>53362817

It depends on the needs of the plot. Some sources say only frigates and escorts can, while the Great Crusade had battleships act as troop delivery vehicles.
>>
>>53362905
Thanks. I'll go with "only frigates and escorts".

I was also looking at jetpacks and jump packs... Is there a rocket equivalent for space anywhere? Which doesn't need air?
>>
>>53363084

Most void thrusters are not as powerful as true jump packs, but they don't need air. One example is the Anvillus Pattern Backpack, which contains void thrusters, as well as specialized voidsuits in RT. Otherwise, maneuvering in spess is kind of difficult.
>>
>>53363187
Thanks yet again.

Pity. I wanted to have assault marines optimized for void operations.
>>
>>53363313

Spess mareens in Zone Mortalis operations often used Tacticals, Assaults, Breachers, and Dreadnoughts, all of which survived to modern times. More often than not, the objective of a void breaching operation was to insert spess mareens into a vessel through dedicated vehicles, and mess it up from the inside. It was not wise or worth it to fight on the vessel's surface itself unless something real bad had gone wrong.
>>
>>53363390
>It was not wise or worth it to fight on the vessel's surface itself unless something real bad had gone wrong.
Yeah... I'll stop turning the outer hull into a battlefield. I even wrote their vehicles had magnetic tracks to allow for this. The idea of a Vindicator cracking the diamond panels of a command bridge enraptured me.
>>
>>53362817
I remember seeing old somewhat obscure fluff about IG troop carriers. The landing craft carry entire regiments, and for Warp travel they slot into a gigantic and mostly skeletal carrier ship that can transport a dozen of them.
>>
>>53363595
Yes, there's a very old and grainy drawing of it somewhere. I believe it was called the Beluga. Someone may have it around, I may have to dig through my giant folder of stuff and see if I have it tucked away somewhere when I have more time.
>>
>>53362817
I'd say it depends on what you want/need. If you want a cruiser or battleship, claim lost technology.

The warp and Archeotech are the two great handwaves of 40k
>>
>>53362817
Theres a Chaos Battleship in one of the books that can do it, and I believe it states that's normally impossible for most Imperial Ships of Cruiser size up? Maybe I've seen that somewhere else.

Fact of the matter is if you look at the rules for the plasma scoop and the Goliath factory ship in Battlefleet Koronus you can see there's rules for getting...very close to stars. The thing is if you fail a certain number of tests or by a certain amount... you die and the ship is distroyed.

I more or less house rule any ship can do it as long as it has enough augmentive retrothrusters and maneuver score that when crossed with the Pilot's Pilot test you can't fail. 5 Thrusters on a Cobra Gives something like +60? -20 for diffculty and you need a Pilot of 60 to do it safely.

Of course you still have to power all those thrusters and if anything goes wrong with them well...that planet is now more than likely your home.

I believe I've seen somewhere in the Salamander's books their Strike Cruisers can literally land? I'm pretty sure I've read the Grey Knights Strike Cruisers definitely having this ability.
>>
Tips for playing a vostroyan?
>>
Anyone have ideas for how to incorporate minor chaos gods into a game of Black Crusade? I'm thinking it'd be cool to have a planet dedicated to Space!Hashut or something that the heretics can visit at one point. Note that I don't give a single shit whether you think it's canon.
>>
>>53364310
You're close. Cetaceus Class Transport (aka the Whale) is what you're thinking of

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Cetaceus_Class_Transport
>>
>>53365322
The problem with minor gods, or even daemons so powerful they essentially are minor gods, is that you have to homebred pretty much the entire system from marks to advancements to work with Black Crusade.

Imho, they're best used as antagonists in Imperial campaigns
>>
File: tesseracontereptolemaiq.gif (70KB, 640x211px) Image search: [Google]
tesseracontereptolemaiq.gif
70KB, 640x211px
>>53363595
>>53364356
>>53364709
Thanks, but it wasn't actually needed, I just wanted to be sure that I could have a ship-sized (but not as powerful) threat which wouldn't be easily dispatched by a cruiser going near it.

I'm fluffing a chapter based on ancient Carthage, and a read at the Atomic Rockets site inspired me to make them have a homeworld which is also a gas giant, death world, agri-world and mining-world. It has huge indigenous xenos which float from the inner layers to atack the "refinery hulks" extracting plankton, hydrocarbons and more in the atmospheric outer layers. The marines use the attacks for training boarding operations.

And I'm already using archeotech to justify refitting and maintaining an ironclad battle barge and strike cruisers. These guys are all about ramming and boarding like in ancient galley warfare.
>>
>>53338129
>high-agility and high-speed raptor astartes with custom boltgun and jump pack
We Titanfall now.
>>
How would you handle blind firing and spray weapons?
>>
>>53370201
Potential hits get a +30 to their Agility test to Dodge.
>>
Can I get a little feedback for my campaign idea? DH2 campaign set on a damaged space station at a Lagrange point above a Death World. Party starts off behind enemy lines, in media res, relatively safe due to how spread out the enemies are. It's multiple enemy factions: GSCultists, Chaos Cultists, and separatists. Friendlies are trapped in pockets, just like the party.

Goals are to gather enough info on the three enemy factions to have a decent report for the Inquisitor, help local allied forces, establish some kind of beachhead with access to useful materiel, and get the fuck out once reinforcements arrive.
>>
>>53370762
Has potential, though thematically it sounds like Only War would be a better fit.
>>
I need your help, lads.
I`m gonna be GMìng a Rogue Trader game for 3 dudes next tuesday. They barely ever heard about 40k, but I should be able to introduce them to the setting just fine.
The real problem is that this will be my first time as a GM - any advice?
>>
>>53338129
I played a Rogue trader game wherein the bridge crew kind of became an Inquisitor as a whole.

We stumbled apon a daemon-possessed inquisitor (to give him credit, he'd had the force of will to just sit in a cave for 50 years, rather than go on a world-spanning rampage), and killed him. Being Traders, we naturally looted his corpse (after checking for warp taint).

Captain got his rosarius, missionary got the power sword, voidmaster got the storm shield... and I, the seneschal, got the Inquisitorial Badge.

Only ever used it twice, both times to spoof messages from "the Inquisition" to recalcitrant xeno-friendly human worlds.
>>
My friends and I are playing mix of dark heresy 2nd ed (weapons, stats, talents etc.) and inquisitor. (We took the turn system from it, and the dice rolls on how many actions you do... works surprisingly well, and its fun as hell)
We are going to play small campain with warbands, around 5 to 10 characters.
My first take was mechanicus, but it felt somehow dull.
SO why not tech-heretiks who build strange things that make only half sense.
Heres few ideas i have:
Servoskulls with explosives strapped into them.

Factory exoskeleton that has been welded with armor plates.

A deployable machine that attracts bullets. giving cover save to people close by (But sucks in their bullets too..) Atleast untill it unavoidably explodes.

I need more crazy ideas, I would love you hear anything that pops into your mind.
>>
>>53370762
If there's one thing I've learned from Sci-Fi it is that things are always at Lagrange Points.
It sounds great. I would play it.
>>
File: 1484806554429.jpg (319KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1484806554429.jpg
319KB, 1300x1000px
>>53372177
Bladed mechaendrites become razor-like whips.
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x37/AldricAPF/BA01-111.jpg

Spinning cog maces. The teeth are sharpened.

Infect populations with the Obliterator Virus. Harvest an army from the survivors. Or put it all into a blender and make a technorganic Titan.

Centaur servitors.

Pic related.
>>
>>53338588
First of all, you have to know what your Dangle doesn't know of the Fallen. A non-initiated DA will likely be a somewhat reclusive, definitely paranoid individual due to Chapter culture. Perhaps you'll keep specific mission intel to yourself, not out of malice but due to how "unpredictable" your gene-cousins are; i.e. you don't really trust them to not fuck up, at least not until they prove they can hang with the First Legion's descendants. You can be as knightly and noble or as perfidious as you want, or even both things depending on what the other party has done to deserve your better or worse sides. If they are a nominal ally, that is. Irrational hatred and intolerance of the enemy should run as deep in your Dangle as it would in a Black Templar. Their only purpose in the grand scheme of things is to be vaporized by plasma, and woe betide anyone who gets in the way of your retribution. Also remember that humility was all but beaten into you, you're ultimately not "better" than a common Imperial servant, and even though you carry the pride of your Legion's history, you are to carry yourself accordingly to its history of triumphs and tragedies.

If you've come to the Deathwatch with a specific purpose, much of the above applies, but the import of the mission will have you tailor your "normal" reactions to allies a bit. You can be an inordinately aloof individual, conducting battle on your own terms and nigh-sabotaging your team by your unilateral methods. Or perhaps even an unusually "friendly" individual, using your position as a librarian/chaplain/apothecary to learn more about your team and how to dispatch them to better suit your needs. Or perhaps be an entirely typical Space Marine, and hide your agenda with an unremarkable record of efficiency until the time comes to drop all matters and leave your team hanging as you handle the Fallen presence. The latter can be a very final thing for your character, for obvious reasons.
>>
>>53372428
OMG YES! The ultimate killing machine! T-rex servitor!
And Obliterator virus that absorbs random things! not just weapons! Metal H beam sticking out of his side, making getting thru doors half impossible! Still forced to carry autogun cause it will not absorb!
>>
>>53339320
money and stupidity
>>
>>53371438
Rule 0 is a big one. Ultimately the game is meant to be enjoyed, so feel free to ignore/hand wave a rule sometimes if it benefits the group. After the session is over, ask the players how it went, and if there's anything you can improve on.
>>
File: 1421132838357.png (26KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1421132838357.png
26KB, 510x546px
Anybody here from Prague? I got a few places free at my table.
>>
>>53339320
Because you think 40k belongs to you.
If you need to bitch about TT, they have been doing better for it than they have in the last 20 years.
If you are bitching about the dead rpg, blame FFG for selling out.
>>
>>53340198
It's not, because it's actually a GM tool, not a player tool.
>>
My GM, the absolute mad man, threw fucking tzaangors at us.
They slowed down my murderrapeblender for a moment, the techpriest literally ran for his life after 4 of them charged him, the sister engaged a pair, our adept missed nearly every shot from her longlas that session when her target number was not below 80 at any point, and the noble scumbag dominated the daemonhost and directed it to kill everyone, matching wills with the cult sorcerer and his boys who just literally popped up in thru a giant portal.
Also, the snarky wannabe assassin B&E guy swung on his grapnel line into the thick of the cultists, managed to not get gangraped to death, but was then literally pushed into the portal, and is now in the lion's den alone.
>Goodbye, Nero, you were a cunt, at least die nobly
>>
>>53377288
>tzaangors

what happened to make this meme spread
>>
>>53377321
>old edition stuff neatly reintroduced and reused
>a meme

You, sir, are a meme.
Have a good day.
>>
>53377321
>meme
>one of the original chaos breeds
>older than most posters on this board
I remember this situation coming up at my game.
>>
>>53377321

someone made playable rules for them
>>
>>53377786
>someone
>>
>>53377786
>>53378287
>implying it was rules for them in the least played rpg means anything
Retards pls stahp
>>
>>53378355

No

this is clearly the source of all our problems
>>
>>53362817
I think all of the ships with stats list sustainable acceleration greater than 1g, which is theoretically enough to escape a planet with earth-like gravity. I'd expect manuevering to be the problem. Many would probably not be able to escape unless facing directly "up" (prow pointing away from the planet's center). I suspect hovering over a fixed point (basically low-altitude geosynchronous orbit) would be impossible, but I haven't performed the math. I was under the impression that none are designed to land and take off again under their own power, but many can survive a controlled crash reasonably intact.
>>
>>53370201
Isn't that suppressing fire?
>>
What's better for live captures, Shocking, Snare, or Concussive? Are there any weapons with more than one of those?
>>
>>53338588
Are you a black knight? I am pretty sure only the black knights and ravenwing command squad are in the inner circle. At least that's what it said in the 7th edition codex
>>
>>53380009
Hey guys any of you have good maps for rogue trader ship interiors?
>>
>>53379856
It could involve fire, but suppressing fire needs semi-auto or full-auto.
>>
I love 40K and would like to run 40K games, but I really dislike the FFG systems. Suggestions for what else to run it in?
>>
>>53379903
Snare.
>>53380299
Gurps.
Have fun.
>>
>>53380299
I personally enjoy the FFG systems, but if you are going to use a different one, I'd recommend the same thing as >>53380445
>>
Anybody have a better pdf of Tome of Decay than the one in the Repository? It's a bit tough to read in places (but that could just be my shit vision)
>>
Anyone got any ship builds to share?
>>
How do you unfuck the Stars of Inequity colony rules?
>>
>>53384226
First thing is you make colony growth take at least a year between stages. Otherwise (given time dilation from warp travel), it can have insane growth even if you are away for a very short time.

I would also change the limits on colonies you can have per planets. For example, it doesn't make sense that one colony can mine a tiny moon as effectively as it can mine a massive planet. So sometimes I would allow multiple colonies per planet or put other restrictions in place.

Other than that, you can play it by ear depending on the campaign and the style you want to run. The Stars of Inequity colony rules aren't that bad if you only use them as a loose framework you want to build on.
>>
>>53371050
Yeah, but the group wanted to do DH2. It's a military style operation, to be sure, but the Inquisition sending a small cell to check out some rumors of a planned uprising and arriving post-happening in a more complicated situation than initially expected is pretty solidly established in the setting.
>>
Friend is running a Deathwatch game soon, and he asked me to join. What chapter and role should I be?
>>
File: 750px-PPI.jpg (67KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
750px-PPI.jpg
67KB, 750x600px
>>53390173

Depends entirely on what is missing in the squad, and what you want to do.
>>
>>53390983
I believe it's a 4 person group, and this will be everyone's 1st time playing. GM has all the splatbooks, and has said that he'll allow stuff from all of them. I have no preference as to what I play, but the only build I've heard of is Dev with HB
>>
>>53392032
just pick your favourite chapter(?)
>>
>>53387006
If your players want to play Dark Heresy it probably means they'd be disappointed if you just use it to run a military campaign. The basic premise could work for their immediate arrival but probably not an entire campaign. Dark Heresy should have a fair bit of focus on investigation and social situations as well as combat. A planet at war still has plenty of opportunities for more typical dark heresy scenarios though.

Rather than setting it on a Death World you could set on a more typical Imperial World with at least a few large cities. Rather than just pitching in as soldiers the players would probably need to deal with more situations that require a bit more subtlety or finesse. The logistics of the war effort, bickering nobles putting their squabbles ahead of the war effort, helping repel a strong enemy offensive, investigating seditious cults springing up in the cities, maybe those cults have ties to a larger treasonous plot. Something more than just war.
>>
So I think there's a pretty high probability that this is a case of "depends on the chapter", however I might have missed something: In the fluff does a chapter master ever go out without the full complement of his honor guard? And if not, what does his honor guard do? The codex fluff basically boils down to "Dey kill with the Chapter Master and doesn't afraid of anything"

I ask because the group is thinking of making a chapter and playing as a Chapter Master and his honor guard, with people rotating as GM. An opportunity for players and GM to go ham on each other with encounters. Less roleplay-y than our usual fare.
>>
>>53392032

Raptors are the best Chapter for Deathwatch, but that's just my opinion. Tyrannic War Vet is also cool if you can stomach playing a Smurf.
>>
>>53396069
desu, was mainly looking at Raptors, Lamentors, or DA, but I wanted to get other people's opinions
>>
>>53396585
And I have no idea why it put desu in there, but okay, have it your way /tg/
>>
>>53396615
t
b
h

and

f
a
m

are filtered because of when anons started using them in every single post ever. I think there's another one filtered at the same time, but I forgot which one it was desu senpai
>>
>>53396707
It was cuck to kek if I remember right, but I think that one was removed. I guess I'll find out.
>>
>>53396707
Well shit. That explains that I guess
>>
>>53395309

Yes, chapter masters are fine individual combatants, and the honor guard often deals with fighting while the chapter master does diplomacy..
>>
Working on a one shot and need help.

A commisar on a hive world report a strange disease spread in his troupes. Some members of the inquisition come to investigate.

PCs are inquisition members + commissar + Sister of Battle. (Question 0: Oneshot=premade PCs. What are ideal classes for this oneshot?)

They meet the governor an his son, a Canoness and Imeprial Guard Colonel and are sent into sewers to investigate.

Random scenes with sick people begging for help and drug addicts approaching and trying to sell drugs to INQUISITION.

Deep in sewers they have a fight and is clear Nurgle is to blame.

They are attacked by an overpowered Plague Marine. Slow but immortal. PCs have to escape. Plague Marine keeps saying "MUST STOP".

Above they are called by Canoness and go to command meeting where they realize that 1/3 of a hive is probably infected (Question 1: Why? How? water supply corrupted?). PCs have to face a tough decision: torch 1/3 of a billion strong Hive?

Governor and Imperial Army Colonnel participate to the meeting by vox. Commissar has to convince the Colonel to proceed with the plan they came up with. Whatever they decide all Imperial Guard and all Sororitas get to the task

Suddenly noise over Governor vox. and transmission stops. PCs have to go to Governor house to investigate. (Question 2: Son reopens the vox and says.
>"Nothing to worry about father just started feeling sick. No no is not the plague. do not worry no need to come investigate".
Is it better to leave the son scene in or not?)

(Question 3: Governor stuff is a distraction for PCs to have something to do. Any better idea on how to distract the PCs?)
>>
File: 1396872388565.jpg (158KB, 628x858px) Image search: [Google]
1396872388565.jpg
158KB, 628x858px
>>53398723

PCs go to governor house and find him dead. Stabbed to death dead. Fight some thugs full of neon tattoos and battle drugs in the governor house, clearly not Nurgle cultists.
(Question 4: Maybe cut out this fight, cause it will take too much time? Or make it very easy?)

Imperial Guard reporting. Something big green and impervious to bullets breached our lines and is heading for the Sororitas Main Cathedral. Your force is the closest to it.

PCs go to Cathedral and find the Plague Marine inside. Dead. And decapitated. Governor son comes out.
>"Keikkaku I was villain all along. I'm Slaaneshi cultist. Plague marine was trying to stop me. And now that I have done the bad thing I wanted to do you can't stop me".

Boss fight. Son dies like a bitch, mankind is saved once more (aside the torched hive but whatever).

BIG QUESTION: What the son was trying to obtain? Probably an artifact sealed in the Cathedral but I have no idea what should it be to make Nurgle actively try to fight against Slaanesh. Maybe the boy is not a Slaaneshi cultist, but then who? And why again Nurgle would try to stop him?

Gneral adivce: Is it too long for a 4 hour session? How to improve, what should be changed? Thinking of using Dark Heresy, do you approve would suggest otherwise? Advice on mechanics to make boss fight interesting?

PCs are crafty little fuckers and here being Inquisition they more or less have the entire planet force to comand. What do you think can go wrong? What can they do to fuck up my plan?
>>
File: 876876987.jpg (20KB, 448x332px) Image search: [Google]
876876987.jpg
20KB, 448x332px
>>53365915
I really dislike how GW's moved away from chaos undivided, and adventures in the warp like the writer of Liber Malefica in Fantasy. It's probably the most interesting thing about the warp and chaos and GW right now seems hell-bent on ignoring it when they aren't retconning it. I find the decision making there baffling.
I would say it's fortunate that my games don't have to be constrained by that, but they're ideas better suited for stories and novels than TT RPGs; save for maybe the right Black Crusade campaign.
>>
>>53398735
the governors son shouldn't kill a plauge marine. There is no way he could kill a full astartes and yet still be weak enough for a fair fight with the pcs, unless, since it's a oneshot, you are ok with most of the party dying.
>>
>Tfw you will never play DH1 as a sister of battle ever again
>>
>>53338897
>using a space marine heavy thunder hammer on a lowly tech priest
your GM should be ashamed of this level of power gaming
>>
>>53398825
>but they're ideas better suited for stories and novels than TT RPGs
Maybe adventuring in the warp is, but undivided daemons have plenty of room to be homebrewed into RPGs. As the guy you replied to said, they can be good antagonists or one-off enemies.
>>
File: 1471047174125.png (92KB, 453x635px) Image search: [Google]
1471047174125.png
92KB, 453x635px
>>53338129
>Share the Inquisitors your campaigns had

Ordo Hereticus Polypsykana Inquisitor who was traveling the galaxy trying to find the perfect psykers who were immune to Chaos in the hopes of finding out what made them immune.

He only found one, one of the party members, who was "immune" only in the sense that the player had stupidly good luck and never ended up with any Corruption or Insanity.

/tg/ did some art of him I liked.
>>
>>53400143
>being a bitch night who believes in badwrongfun

You should be ashamed at not having necked yourself, turboautist.
>>
>>53338129
>Share the Inquisitors your campaigns had
The main one in the current campaign is Lord Inquisitor Sonja Pius, who occasionally commandeers the Rogue Trader's ship and crew for shit (usually transport.) In their last adventure she had them help her track down a Radical Inquisitor who, as it would turn out, was enacting a dark ritual to lure a lost world of Men of Iron (chaos-corrupt to boot) out of the warp temporarily for reasons unknown.
They failed to stop his ritual and abandoned the planet the ritual took place on to its fate. The Radical narrowly escaped onto the Men of Iron world, presumably to plunder archeotech, his fate is unknown except by me, I rolled for it..
Meanwhile the Rogue Trader decided he needed to secure the future of his line, and after 6 months of courting time in-game, consisting of a lot of time, effort, RPing, and a couple really hard charm tests, got hitched with Inquisitor Sonja.
>>
>>53384300
Limiting colony growth is definitely a good one. Six months is barely enough time for anything on that scale to grow. I figure only having one colony on a planet is fine though, since I imagine that eventually, when the colony gets big enough, the Imperium is going to want the whole shebang rather than letting a single individual (no matter how powerful or high birth) benefit from the perks of a whole planet.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
So I was thinking of doing an ODST inspired campaign of Only War, and I've got the initial foundation down in my head of what I want to do but there is one probably I have run into. I need a map generator tool so I can create a gothic or futuristic looking city for my players to be dropped into and a map would be perfect so I can orient where they land. Anyone have any suggestions for a tool I could use?
>>
>>53403001
I once had a program on my computer that randomly rendered undetailed (plain blocks) 3d models of cities. But I can't seem to find it, I might have deleted it because I could recall anyway to mark shit. But you might be a bit more creative than I was with it. I'm posting hoping I'll jog the memory of another anon because I can't find it also to bump the thread.
>>
>>53403257
Heck, 2D or 3D would be neat. I could go over it later and add streets names, interest points, or whatever. I'm just trying to see if anyone here has suggestions.
>>
>>53403293
This was posted in another thread a few hours ago. Maybe it'll help?

https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
>>
>>53400594
you dropped your fedora on that one
>>
>>53403435
>le ebin fedora meyme
>>
File: despoil.jpg (99KB, 528x479px) Image search: [Google]
despoil.jpg
99KB, 528x479px
Bump
>>
File: Arbite1.jpg (81KB, 643x900px) Image search: [Google]
Arbite1.jpg
81KB, 643x900px
Anyone got pictures that could be lower ranked arbites? Starting a new campaign soon and I rolled one up and this is the best I can find
>>
>>53403001

Isn't a map redundant when you can drop wherever
>>
>>53408642
Not if he wants to keep track of his players once they're on the ground.
>>
Which book(s) have rules for Warp Travel? I imagine Rogue Trader would especially but id appreciate a more targeted search. Also, any rules for creating chaos/genestealer cults? I like to make things more randomized
>>
>>53409400
Rogue Trader core and Navis Primer.
>>
File: Cult Generator.pdf (208KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Cult Generator.pdf
208KB, 1x1px
>>53409400
It's kinda basic, but maybe this?
>>
File: homebrew take 2.jpg (150KB, 728x864px) Image search: [Google]
homebrew take 2.jpg
150KB, 728x864px
>>53410455
Same guy as here. I recently found a whole bunch of Homebrew stuff on my old computer that I've downloaded from various places. If Mega guy or other people want it in the Homebrew Megafolder, or just posted in the thread (not possible for all the files) let me know.
>>
File: andersonBadGuy.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
andersonBadGuy.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>53405926

Semi related, actual low rank Enforcers and Troopers are impossible to find.
>>
>>53410605
Please share it with us
>>
>>53411525
Anything in particular? or the whole thing?
>>
First time playing black crusade.

I wanna play a chaos space marine psyker.
I was thinking about making him some sort of evil Spock cold bastard.
I got no clue which chapter, stats and stuff. Was adviced to go chaos undivided at the start for early stats.

Friend plays an apostate thats a ship captain. His family was betrayed and he went all revengy.

Ant tips and hints about playing a psy csm? Pitfalls noob traps?
>>
File: BC start packages.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
BC start packages.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
I'll post a few more to keep the thread bumped. This is the BC starting packages from the splatbooks. Couldn't edit from the Core book, so unfortunately, I wasn't able to add those ones
>>
File: Space_Marines_1.4[1].pdf (323KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Marines_1.4[1].pdf
323KB, 1x1px
>>53412539
And it turns out that's just the human ones. My bad, thought it was both.

This one's a Space Marine career for DH 1e
>>
File: Career_Events_Table[1].pdf (104KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Career_Events_Table[1].pdf
104KB, 1x1px
A Career Events generator for DH 1e (char. background type stuff)
>>
File: Skitarii.pdf (232KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Skitarii.pdf
232KB, 1x1px
Skitarii career path for DH1e (Last one for now, captcha's getting annoying)
>>
>>53412768

True skitarii that aren't nucanon garbage? Sign me up!
>>
>>53411561
Inquisitor generator would be neat

Curious about the xenos one too
>>
File: Inquisitor Generator.pdf (244KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Inquisitor Generator.pdf
244KB, 1x1px
>>53413205
Xenos one is a shitshow, but here's the Inquisitor one
>>
>>53413129
Yeah, I definitely like what the author did with them. Almost reminds me of the Skitarii from the 2nd book in the Grey Knights series (you know, where the GK aren't Matt Ward's Mary Sues)
>>
>>53413332
it just feels good, compared to the flavorless, empty games workshop stuff they are trying to force.
>>
>>53413332

I like the gradual upgrades of skills, like you're learning to use what you already have better, and how it's a hybrid fighty techpriest. I don't like the gear restrictions and returning stuff, and the monthly wage ideas. I also think the Indoctrinated Loyalty thing is a terrible way to essentially mind-control a player. But then again, I prefer the newer skitarii, the rangers and vanguards, and how they are completely separate and unique from regular guard.

>>53413129
>>53413942

So do you have anything coherent to say beyond "NUCANON HURTS MY FEELINGS REEEEEEEEEE"
>>
File: Screenshot_20170521-165955.png (384KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170521-165955.png
384KB, 720x1280px
http://cubicle7.co.uk/cubicle-7-and-games-workshop-announce-new-edition-of-warhammer-fantasy-roleplay/

So boys. Uh. Get hype? Maybe this will lead to 40kRP?
>>
One question from someone who knows little of the fluff

just like ultramarines are romans, black templars are teuton knights, space wolves vikings or white scars are mongols do the imperial fists have a clear direct cultural equivalent?
>>
>>53414738
Every class has monthly wages in 1e. Gear restrictions & returning stuff are easily handwaved, and the Indoctrinated Loyalty thing is accurate, if a little bit too strong.

And for the record, a lot of the new stuff sucks. Not necessarily all of it, but a lot. You may enjoy it, but that doesn't mean everyone has to.

Also, rules for proper sniper rifles in 1e
>>
>>53414953
>Every class has monthly wages in 1e.
Gear restrictions & returning stuff are easily handwaved,
I understand that, but none of them have a caveat of "You are limited to two weapons and must give in any others without compensation because 'capitalism'," and handwaving is just a solution to a bad mechanic.

>the Indoctrinated Loyalty thing is accurate, if a little bit too strong.
Well, besides the fact that it's only accurate for "oldskitarii", it opens up real nasty interactions if a player can just Command +30 another player. Usually if these sorts of mechanics exist, they have a way to make it fun and engaging. This has a -20 Willpower test, and is abusive.
>>
>>53414924
Here's to hope
>>
>>53375857
Goddamn. I've never played before and only get back to Prague after July 30th. Really tempted. Fucking engineering school
>>
>>53415196

neck yourself you nucanon cockgobbler, then learn to ROLE PLAY instead of harping on mechanics like a powergaming faggot
>>
Is this system as lethal as it looks? I'm thinking about running Rogue Trader for my next campaign, but it seems like it'd be really hard to not kill PCs and that's not something I want to happen often.
>>
>>53415460
DH 1e and OW are the most lethal. RT isn't as bad. Just build encounters based on the party
>>
How was your interactions with Adeptus Sorotias in the games?
>>
>>53415518
I wish my experience with OW had been lethal. Instead, the GM talked up a big game, but folded at the first player to say regular character death would offend their sensibilities. So we had a game with no support specialists or operators, "standard kit" that was unique to every damn PC, and enemies that could only just scratch through the armour we (I) thought we would need.

Still salty over that.
>>
One of my players, an Astropath in a Rogue Trader game, is using Precision Telekinesis to fire a handgun from behind cover. He claims that since the handbook says "substitute any characteristic test with a willpower test", he can roll for his BS check to see if he hits. I argue that it's kinda bullshit to be aiming with your willpower, and that the substitution only refers to physically lifting the gun.

Can I get an outside opinion?
>>
>>53415608

They weren't very competent, and got bullied a lot
>>
>>53416433
Damn, that sucks. My condolences. High mortality games of OW have a special place in my heart.

>>53416579
I'm on your side here. The wording of the power (core rulebook, 171) to me suggests that he'd be able to fire the gun, but not aim it. Now, I'd say that he could still fire from behind cover, but I'd make him take Ballistic tests at a penalty because he's still basically blind-firing. For all he knows, he'd be hitting the ceiling. Even if he pokes his head out to watch where shots are going, that type of fine manipulation still would be difficult. Obviously fitting the weapon with some type of laser sight could mitigate the penalty though, at least to an extent.
>>
>>53416788
thanks!
>>
>>53416579
By RAW then yes, he's rolling off WP, but the power also specifically states if you're not drawing direct LoS to the target then you're firing blind, so he has to be at least partially exposed to not get huge penalties to the test. It's definitely cheesy as fuck and I can't see anyone blaming you for wanting to discourage it, but all in all there's are a lot more bullshit things a decent psyker can do than substitute BS with WP.
>>
Some Calixis Sector stuff
>>
How do I avoid having Rogue Trader campaigns coalesce around the PC Rogue Trader? I really don't like running games where one of the players is more important than everyone else.
>>
>>53417804
I have kind of the opposite problem, I have a Rogue Trader GMPC and I'm struggling with providing my players enough agency, instead of just saying "I'm the Rogue Trader, I say we do this"
>>
>>53418197
That's basically my problem. We have one player with significant authority over everyone else. Fortunately, he's the most engaged person in the group, but it seems like he ends up dominating most of the action.
>>
>>53418226
I mean, the way I've been dealing with it has been to make my Rogue Trader extremely flawed. He makes stupid decisions, he gets the party into dangerous situations, and he requires them to come up with ideas to bail him out. They hate him, but he moves the plot along.
I guess as a Rogue Trader PC your job is to pull everybody together out of their wacky hijinks and get to the matter at hand. Which if your party is like mine and all pull in separate directions, is fine. If your party all likes to focus on the task, it probably gets a bit boring.
>>
>>53417804
>>53418197
>>53418226
One of the RT splatbooks (Into the Storm maybe?) has ship officer roles, maybe focus on those too?
>>
File: denny crane.jpg (66KB, 472x599px) Image search: [Google]
denny crane.jpg
66KB, 472x599px
Denny Crane is a good model for a Rogue Trader, right?
>>
File: 517259997.jpg (415KB, 1593x1195px) Image search: [Google]
517259997.jpg
415KB, 1593x1195px
So I'm prepping to DM Rogue Trader for my 3 person (me included) group. I've never DM'd before but for the most part I feel confident since I know the most about 40k.

That said, one of the players has just expressed heavy interest in playing a character he's currently making a tabletop model for; an Ogryn that thinks he's a Techpriest. When he was just modeling it for fun he would talk about it and come up with stories for him so I'll summarize.

>Ogryn serving a Rogue Trader gets it in his head he's a techpriest (somehow)
>Begins dressing vaguely close to a Techpriest and smashing machines that aren't working
>Rogue Trader thinks it's funny and orders no one to interfere
>Gets him 'mechandrites' (close to modern-day assembly arms attached behind him but can't control because he doesn't know how and he occasionally smacks things with them)
>RT hires an actual Techpriest to follow Ogryn around and fix whatever the Ogryn is 'fixing'
>Has a servo skull follow him around and monitor him to record what needs repairing because of him
>Servo skull docks in his hollowed out gut when not in use

Any advice for having an Ogryn PC with this kind of background? Or advice for having an Ogryn/low int PC in general. I'm also going to have a GMPC Explorator so this might make me need to take the role of his babysitting techpriest.

Pic related is the most recent picture he's sent me
>>
>>53417804

Make sure to really drive the point home that each other PC is top of their own domain, and likely has some agency to tell the captain "sit down and shut up" when it's dealing with their skill set. Void Master? Dudes probably either the top top pilot on the ship, and has every right on a shuttle ride to do as he sees fit. Arch Militant? Fighter among fighters. Has thousands of house troops ready on his word. Likely also a bodyguard to the captain, and if a situation is dicey, has full authority to ensure captains safety.

Game I ran for a couple years among friends, I basically made sure the while the overall storyline progressed, and the game was open ended, each "chapter" I guess, or every few sessions, rotated around to highlight a different crew member and their story and importance in regards to the ship as a whole.
>>
>>53418312

William, is that you?
>>
>>53418932

At one point we had "Chief Medical Officer" Rukgull Teefsnagga. His medical deck was often used as a threat to send people to, instead of the real medic, elsewhere on the ship. Only advice I can really offer is, when planning ANY encounter, have a contingency for the Ogryn to fuck it up. Up to you whether to go along with it, or keep it on a leash.
>>
>>53418932
Dynasty would immediately be subject to Mechanicus equivalent of excommunication for such an insult to the Omnissiah, meaning you have to hire Hereteks for every possible position that would normally be filled by a tech-priest.
You then have the Magos Juris hunting you, and probably most Imperial organisations that are aware of your status.

>tl;dr. Only works for a renegade campaign
>>
>>53418771
Needs more wig.
>>
>>53418932
>I'm also going to have a GMPC
Only if it's shit. Otherwise it's just an NPC.
>>
How would you stat a Primaris Space Marine? What traits would you give them in addition to standard Astartes stuff?
>>
>>53419127
Eh, Rogue Traders have a lot of leeway. Their ships are often so packed with xenotech the average tech priest would have an anurism if they so much as look in his general direction. However, the Orgyn would certainly piss off any Tech priest they meet including the GMPC.

Frankly, I would scrap the GM explorador. Otherwise you would be playing a key character who would often be fundamentally at odds with one of the players.
>>
>>53419843
Well I haven't seen their fluff of what they and their armor have over regular marines, so for now just off rules, +10 wounds, and +10 agility.
>>
>>53419875

Don't forget the bolt rifles, which are bolters that have pulse rifle range at Pen 6
>>
Friend is plotting to do Rogue Trader or Dark Heresy this summer. I offered to play despite knowing jack shit on RPG's and more a fan of following Tabletop and lore.

Any suggestions for what to make? I have thought of doing an abhuman to be more interesting, but I am not sure what.
>>
>>53421036
The system is fairly easy to pick up. That said, I wouldn't go abhuman. It might not fit in the setting your GM is running.

If you're playing DH 1e, there's a list of alt. career ranks in the Homebrew Megafolder. I suggest taking one of those (and only one, otherwise you'll probably be paying through the nose in elite advances) as a way of fleshing out/customizing your character. RT is much more swashbuckly adventures in space than DH 1e, and usually less lethal. 2e I haven't played too much of, but by all accounts it's substantially easier to get into than the other 2 games. Do you have any ideas on what you want your character to be?
>>
>>53421171

A few ideas. Outruling girls because while I am a fan of playing either side of the coin... The dude is kinda fixed on girls where any game with a female he would turn gibbing off if he can. Also all the female oriented animes that I never really heard. So the idea of a gal that secretly finds joy in the thoughts of Xenophile or a fem ratling 1920's-esque journalist is crossed out.

I have thought of doing an Ogryn 'mathamatician' (He knows his timestable up to 2. But after 10, he starts getting lost.) or a Guardsman who tries to be a chef in gathering whatever he can to try and makes dishes.

Those are actually the only abhumans I know about besides my friend mentioning Squats and decided to look at what those were.
>>
>>53421340
>I have thought of doing an Ogryn 'mathamatician'
>By Ogryn standards, Nork is a genius, given that he can write his name (or at least the first initial of it), count as high as four and even speak in short sentences.
It's a bit of a stretch, mate.
>>
>>53420562
bolt rifles are kraken bolts standard, basically. they have the same profile as a speculated kraken bolt converted to 8th edition
>>
>>53411731
Nobody here with starting/build tips for a black crusade psyker?
>>
>>53422835
Use your gun instead of psychic powers except where it is actually needed.

BC space marine sorcerers start at the lowest psy rating of any starting psyker meaning your psychic attacks will have half the range of a lasgun at most.

Look into Biomancy as a bunch of things there scale off of Toughness which CSM have a fuckton of.
>>
Just had an awesome 40k RPG experience.
Imho the best players are th eones that know a lot of 40k lore and then play an imperial citizen as an ignorant/grimderp man.
>>
>>53422899
Thanks. I'm still deciding between csm and normal psyker (warlock?) So the csm has the obvious space marine advantages but stil has ways to go regarding psy powers.

I'll check the toughness scaling stuff out. Sounds Nurgle style. Anything to look out for regarding stat increases and the chaos god alignments? Start undivided then go Tzeentch?
>>
>>53423029
If you plan to CSM, use undivided for cheaper toughness advances and any advances under Khorne or Nurgle that you like.
>>
>>53423029
For a Sorcerer most of the Tzeentch advances are useful but you end up Opposed to Khorne and Nurgle, meaning you will pay steeply for melee stuff and general toughness stuff (including some useful skills like Command, Medicae and Intimidate) so I'd pick up what I wanted from Khorne and Nurgle first before going headlong into Tzeentch advances and getting Aligned.
>>
So let me tell you about Gallus, and how it sucks to be him.
Gallus was an Adept, from noble birth and a really luxurious upbringing; a damn Paradise world. He didn’t really get along with the party vibes there and mostly just kept to himself, reading.
Unfortunately for him, his family had a knack for producing exemplary acolytes, throne agents etc., and so got called in to serve the Inquisition.
Served alongside:
1) Zuriel, a fast-talking, tattooed-so-heavily-he-looked-black scum from the shitty parts of a shitty Oceanic hive world. His gear probably cost about 100 thrones tops in total, used it like a pro.
2) Jackson, for a Psyker, this guy was amazingly sane and ordinary looking, usually used his powers in a pretty restrained fashion, biomancer – great sense of humour, originally a lumberjack before manifestation of gifts and subsequent sanctioning.
3) Khan, dickass tech-priest; you know the kind. 5 different ways to speak to a toaster, can’t exchange one sentence with a human without insulting them or creeping them out.
Missions started and these guys got on okay, fastest friendship was between Zuriel and Jackson, two loudmouths having constant banter, Gallus just sorta watched, was happy to, pretty meek and mild guy.
>>
>>53423575
In combat he did the best he could, was by no means a coward but wasn’t particularly useful either. Lay down suppressing fire, threw grenades haphazardly and generally tried to keep himself out of harm’s way and leave the heavy lifting to those more capable: AKA – Everyone else.
OOC, he did everything possible to make himself an asset to the group, any time there was a skill that someone needed to pick up, no matter how unglamorous or costly in experience it was, Gallus would pick it up. He became an amazing skill monkey; everything from obscure lore to excellent situational awareness, navigation and driving – he was your guy.
The party had been operating together for some time now, and, after a particularly tough fight in the underbelly of a hive, they had a night out drinking (they didn’t invite Khan because fuck Khan), they finally got Gallus to come out of his shell, had an excellent night and Zuriel successfully wingman’d Gallus into getting laid. Took some selfies using the pict-recorder function on Gallus’ dataslate; Zuriel and Jackson howling with laughter as Gallus was propped up, smiling and barely conscious between them. The picture became his desktop background.
After years of missions, assignments etc, things started to get heavy. An old daemon who the party’s inquisitor had had many previous dealings with had reared its ugly mug again and was fucking serious shit up, having attracted many cults etc to its name. This feathery, Tzeenchian fucker – the dei-phage out of the black sepulchre scenarios. Calling cards were feathers, usually black, and schemes lots of schemes.
>>
>>53423580
Khan was the first to go, the player was a bit of an issue, with him dying lining up with the player leaving the campaign, he got mind-controlled mid-fight and the players had to bring him down (he was a walking tank, this was not easy). They were yelling and screaming at him to wake up, to snap out of it; but nothing would work. Despite never having really liked the guy – it was a sobering experience for the characters. A familiar creak in the floorboards gone. An old, useful companion never to be seen again. The trio was clearly shaken, but they had to soldier on, things were only getting worse.
They had been slowly climbing the Inquisitorial ladder, half through fatalities in the ranks above them, half down to their own accumulated experience. Tasked with some serious shit, as a beloved Saint’s tomb was being raided as part of some unholy ritual. Gallus and the others rushed to defend, but it was too late, horrific shit was going down and the tomb was cracked and empty. The party fought the good fight, doing battle with cultists, warp entities and sorcerers in the tomb but Jackson took a fatal hit in the form of a warp bolt, his dying burst of psychic fury was enough to turn the tide of the fight and they emerged alive – but the damage was done. The body of the saint was now possessed by the Dei-phage and had left to do bad shit, we didn’t know what – but it wasn’t going to be good. Gallus took Jackson dying hard, throwing himself more into his work. Determined that it was his own fault, if he was smarter, faster, more useful – Jackson wouldn’t be dead. His sanity deteriorated, he got little sleep – haunted by the experiences in the tomb. He’d awake sweating and yelling, nightmares of a suffocating rain of black feathers.
>>
>>53423587
Zuriel tried not to let it show how much losing Jackson bothered him, but it clearly did. He felt the need to be strong though; had to protect his little bro Gallus. A guardsman, Lu Ping was Jackson’s new character – a solomn, no-nonsense type. Zuriel’s banter was met with blank stares and Gallus regressed to his timid, studious nature. Now, as the Sector broke out in to close to civil war, with the daemon taking the guise the saint, they had to lead offensives against traitor hive cities where valuable enemies could be found. Neither were well-suited to a leadership role, so Lu-Ping did most of the tactical planning for them.
One such offensive had them raiding an enemy controlled building. As enemy numbers proved too much, they retreated, electing to call down for an artillery strike on the fucker instead. They pulled out, Gallus laying down suppressing fire whilst Lu-Ping barked out orders on the microbead. Zuriel, however – was never this disciplined. He stuck around for an extra round of shooting, he wanted these fucks to pay; his anger at the death of Jackson coming out in full-force. That one round was all it took. Everyone else had pulled back and now he found himself pinned in place by a shit load of enemies, crouched behind an upturned ammunition storage locker.
Realising it was the end, Zuriel swore and fired up his microbead:
“Oi, Lu Ping, take care of Gallus you stiff-necked prick.”
He then pointed his shotgun at the explosives and incendiaries in the locker and fired. The explosion sent Lu and Gallus flying; but they were alive.
Gallus fucking just starts yelling and crying and screaming at this, Lu holds him back – the offense was a success, but Gallus’ sanity takes another beating. The Dei-phage’s machinations have now claimed every one of his original team’s lives except his. How could he have let this happen?
>>
>>53423596
A sororitas named Hazael replaces Zuriel, also no-nonsense; now tasked with protecting Gallus, who – having now the most field experience out of any man alive bar the inquisitor himself, was at the Inquisitor’s right hand dealing with the rest of this case. The nerd from the pleasure world was now one of the sector’s best hopes at victory.
The war raged on, Gallus – having now defied the daemon multiple times was wracked with nightmares and ghosts of his past, when alone, he’d often speak to Zuriel and Jackson, laughing and joking whilst in his study – anything as a coping mechanism for the incredible weight of responsibility on his shoulders. It twisted into hate, developing a compulsion, a need, to break the necks of birds – anything for him to take the anger out.
The inquisitor assumed he was a keen ornithologist, based on his desire to obtain rare birds etc. (he covered it up well), with only his trusted manservant, Mulligan – aware of what he did with them.
The fighting finally came to a close, the Inquisitor struck down by a demonic assassin – Gallus was forced to head up the final offensive himself. Leading a charge into a portal to the Warp itself to prevent an apocalyptic end to the sector, before giving his speech, he had basically a break from sanity, full blown talking to Zuriel and Jackson (who, he wasn’t sure if were manifestations of his fractured psyche or projections of the dei-phage, torturing and misinforming him). He then, for lack of someone more qualified, ended up giving a ‘once more unto the breach’ speech to a load of veteran storm troopers and sororitas to deal w/ the daemon. They defeated the thing, but at a monumental cost in lives. Gallus escaped, Lu Ping was mutated horrifically by the warp energies and demanded summary execution – which Gallus had to hand out. Hazael’s corruption was more insidious, and took up the Repentia mantle for her perceived sins.
>>
>>53423600
Gallus, however, survived. But he couldn’t retire. For his skill in dealing with the Daemon and long standing service, he was promoted. Inquisitor Gallus. He was done though, absolutely done.
An epilogue was written about his character. He inhabited a dilapidated mansion on the fringes of Imperial space, with only Mulligan to attend him. A giant aviary that he’d wander through a few times a day, absent-mindedly breaking the necks of birds.
He barely ate, slept even less frequently – taking expensive drugs to keep him going. His work as an Inquisitor was mainly a desk job, he could barely face the field, however he kept sophisticated networks of contacts, vigilant for the return of the dei-phage. An obsession that would slowly consume him. Other Inquisitors would send him things like exterminatus orders, and other things they didn’t want their name sullied with – Gallus was past the point of caring about reputation, happy to bear the burden so others’ consciences didn’t have to. He’d have full-blown conversations with Jackson and Zuriel most of the time, oscilating between hating them for being potential imitations of the dei-phage’s design, there to torment him, and needing them to keep him sane.
There isolated in his home, the walls were lined with portraits and paintings of immeasurable worth, but Gallus barely looked at them. In his room, there was only one picture, a low-grade print out of a dataslate picture, him and his friends,
>>
>>53423604
>It does fucking suck to be Gallus.
>>
>>53418771
god I loved that show.
Fukken saved m8.
>>
>>53423604
the picture got me. fuck
>>
>>53423604
Beautiful. For such story times I visit 40krpg. Tell me was it dh1 or dh2?
>>
>>53423991
>>53423612
>>53423899
Thanks anons.
1st, campaign took place prior to 2nd ed being a thing.
>>
>>53423604
Pyrrhic victories with near wipes are always best ends
Last only war mission had our stormies acting as vanguard while major evacuation due to a chaos invasion was happening
We were storming around blasting some heretics who'd took the massive chaos force as a good queue to have a big uprising and cause some mayhem, while making sure civilians and much more importantly specific Imperium VIPs were getting off world when we heard a (GMs homebrew) Space Marine thunderhawk had gone down with their captain on board, and were sending out SOS while scrambling to aid them
So despite already holding the line and being part of a major evacuation and counter insurgency at the same time, our stormtroopers along with other guard elements were scrambled to serve as a human shield for the muhrines
Barely any guard even made it besides us anyway, but in lieu we had space marines instead which was far better since the GM was just throwing daemons at us at that point
But anyway, long story short we eventually started to get shredded, Me and the medic were last to go, the marine we were with got gibbed, the medic got dragged away kicking and screaming and in the final retreat while the SM were pooling into their newly arrived thunderhawk making sure there captain was getting the fuck off this planet, my bloody corpse was carried on with the SM
They now venerate our shocktroopers among their heros for our work with them, and work with alongside guardsman as much as they can
>>
>>53424227
One of few ways to end OW campaign in a proper way.
>>
>>53398735
>governor son kills plague marine

Stopped reading there
>>
>>53424227
I liked the ending I made for my OW team. These guys were scouts attached to a Shadowsword regiment, 20 super-heavies strong. They'd managed to avoid death by Knight, Greater Daemon, 3 kinds of Titan, and exploding spacecraft. They'd assassinated all kinds of bastards, gathered mad intel, purged alongside Soritas and Astartes, and tank shocked a Grand Cruiser from the inside. For their troubles, they wound up with a Grand Cruiser in their debt, a Baneblade at their disposal, and significantly better gear than they started with.

Their final mission was part of a concerted effort to defeat a rising Black Crusade. Heretics, Chaos Legions, Titans, Daemons, Fallen Guard, you name it. Everyone knew that this was it, no going home, just holding the line until the bitter end. They started outside their Baneblade, which was dug in, and called out points for their friendly artillery. The enemy was too numerous, forcing the party into their tank. They fought alongside a tank battalion, mowing down the infantry and daemons who advanced through the killing field.

Before long, they were pinned inside their tank. Their turrets started going down, holes appearing in the armor. Before they could be killed by daemons and cultists, they radioed their orbital support and their artillery. They rained hell on themselves...but lived. They all burned fate and lived. They were pulled out of the damn near melted hull of their tank by some Sisters, who brought them back to their camp and treated the comatose soldiers as blessed by the Emperor. The game concluded with the Sisters praying for their health, that they'd wake up and lead the faithful in their guerrilla campaign behind enemy lines.
>>
>>53426670

I think by that point, they get recruited by the inquisition.
>>
>>53429177

Or just sent into the next battle, such is the Guard
>>
>>53426670
Nice I enjoy that, I like if it ends in a satisfying way even if our party do get brutally murdered
I posted about our game with a GSC uprising not long back, our squad buckled unceremoniously, accidental frags (by me) fucked a couple of us up, and I bled out on the floor watching my commissar getting swarmed
There were no survivors and the planet got marked for delete
Bet my guy felt real sorry for himself as he lay on the floor, missing an arm watching his friends and team get torn to shreds
OW is some good shit
>>
>>
I'm running a DH 2e campaign where the PCs have to keep track of thrones they're playing as hive-dwellers and the subject of purchasing vehicles came up. What do you guys think some good guidelines would be? Also, is there a good comparison between thrones and a modern-day currency to give a way of estimating other unforeseen costs?
>>
>>53434877
Figure out how much it would cost to rent for a month, then arbitrarily increase that however many times over.
>>
Just finished my session 0, character rolling, for my upcoming first Dark Heresy game. Hyped AF. Dice gods were our friends. And my guardsman scored some great power armor from Requisition and I picked up a sniper rifle with red dot. Looking forward to this next week. Any tips for first time players. Everyone in my group is new except the GM but playing the game was my idea. The GM has experience in DH and BC.
>>
File: received_10158715274325084.gif (2MB, 266x200px) Image search: [Google]
received_10158715274325084.gif
2MB, 266x200px
>>53437303
Power armor to start, huh.
>>
>>53438240

Lookit dat fukkin goat!
>>
Could somone categorize the difficulty of different opponents a dark heresy acolyte cell could encounter?

I know this is a complicated question, but I'm running a dark heresy game using a different system and will be building the parties adversaries myself. A general ranking of how "Totally fucked" the party should be in comparison to other adversaries would be fine.

Their Inquisitor is old, powerful, and secretive. ESPECIALLY about how radically pragmatic he is in his fight against chaos. PCs will be uncovering chaos cults, dealing with tainted artifacts, interacting Xenos with the goal of acquiring their tech/assistance, dealing with counterproductive Imperial officials as well as pesky rival inquisitors, and especially late game fighting actual demons.
>>
>>53424830
Honestly pretty much every single OW campaign I've seen has ended with everyone dying.
>>
>>53438240

>stop having badwrongfun!
>>
>>53438240
It would be very rare but it isn't impossible by any means for this to happen. Given all the other kinds of insanity the guards get up to daily.
>>
>>53437303
Well, if you have Power Armor then you're all ready a bunch of badass mothers who don't take nothin' from nobody. Still, only war is pretty lethal so:
>Be sure to have a medic, with a medical kit
>Use cover
>Use grenades. Lots of grenades
>Aim!

Also, does the squad have an engineseer to repair that armor and keep it tip top? That might wind up being essential if you want to stay in combat with it.
>>53439120
Rough draft:
>Mooks
Most cultists, hive gangers, verminous animals, bass-ackwards raw recruits of the PDF, mutant dregs.
>Legitimate threat
Arbites, PDF, veteran gangers, some animals, Guardsmen, smaller Tyranid forms, big Mutants
>Extreme caution advised
Orks, Eldar, Elite deathsquads, Combat Servitors, Genestealer hybrids, Renegade Psykers, Mutant Horrors
>RETREAT IS ADVISABLE
Large numbers of Orks, Aspect Warriors, Renegade Space Marines, Arco-flagellants and other mechanicus nastiness, Lesser Daemons, Daemonhosts, Powerful Renegade Psykers
>WHY?! WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?!!
Traitor Legionnaires, Genestealers, Tyranid warriors, Eldar Warlocks, the Slaught, Daemon Engines
>ORBITAL STRIKE REQUESTED ON OUR COORDINATES!
Carnifexes, Hive Tyrants, Greater Daemons, Daemon Princes, Eldar Farseers.
>>
>>53414924
PRAISE THE EMPEROR!
>>
>>53414940
Trump and his wall.
>>
File: Enginseer3.jpg (74KB, 569x864px) Image search: [Google]
Enginseer3.jpg
74KB, 569x864px
>>53442027
He's playing DH not OW. I'm assuming 2e from him Requisitioning power armor.
>>
File: 7b6.jpg (39KB, 626x258px) Image search: [Google]
7b6.jpg
39KB, 626x258px
>>53443090
>We will fortify this position and the Tyranids are gonna pay for it!
>>
File: FB_IMG_1495170441278.jpg (85KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1495170441278.jpg
85KB, 720x960px
>>53443070
Is that for the rumor or the >dumbphoneposter.jpg
art?
>>
Dos and Don't of Rogue Trading in the Expanse, and other uncharted, and backwater areas?

Do's
>Always have melta
>Have shiny baubles to trade with tribals
>Unless someone pays for specific info, everything is on need-to-know basis outside the crew
>Know when to just shut up

Don'ts
>Never "just shoot" a planet
>Never approach a group of unknown ships if they outnumber you
>Never assume someone is a friend because they share the same colors
>Never assume someone is an enemy because they share the same colors
>Never eat anything on first planetfall
>>
>>53444778

Don't
>EVER MAKE A DEAL IT NEVER ENDS WELL JUST SAY NO AND SHOOT FUCK
>>
File: Gruss Map.jpg (4MB, 3200x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Gruss Map.jpg
4MB, 3200x2000px
Lately I was trying to expand on Gruss from that one Rogue Traded adventure. Planet is supposed to be covered with xeno ruins, any suggestions on how to spice them up?
>>
File: 1297006943662.jpg (470KB, 488x825px) Image search: [Google]
1297006943662.jpg
470KB, 488x825px
How do I make my campaign more gothic?
>>
>>53445586

hold it at Notre dame
>>
>>53445586
show the players art during your descriptions of key locations.

make an inspiration folder and share it with your players to help them get in the mood.

write down a list of 10+ adjectives that feel "gothic" to you and have them at your side while you GM.
>>
File: 1481794795124.jpg (40KB, 463x343px) Image search: [Google]
1481794795124.jpg
40KB, 463x343px
>>53445283
>cold
>export fish and fuel

Alaska in spess?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1484860813171.jpg (45KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1484860813171.jpg
45KB, 620x620px
>>53445283
Existing xeno? Long-dead? Recently killed off or driven into hiding by... something? What are they like? Primary sense? Art style and tools that might derive from this? Are the ruins central to the campaign or just background noise?
>>
>>53448220
Pretty much, continent is uninhabited and humans live in giant fishing stations crossed with oil rigs.

>>53448336
Long-dead, I would like to make them central as our Rogue Trader has plans for this world. Adventure heavily implied that now dead ruler of this solar system was conducting research on nature of this place with help from his heretek assistant, so I expanded on this and added several points of interest on map.
>>
File: concern.jpg (25KB, 480x433px) Image search: [Google]
concern.jpg
25KB, 480x433px
So I've just started GMing a Rogue Trader game, and I've run into some difficulty.
For convenience, I made a Rogue Trader GMPC, who hired the party and directs them on what they're doing, etc. Pretty much what the Inquisitor does in DH, but they wanted a RT game, so whatever.

Last night, in the second session ever, he got beaten to death by a swarm of rat people.

Now the party is turning the ship upside down trying to find his Warrant of Trade and considering turning his body into a servitor to pull a Weekend At Bernie's, and I have to figure out how to piece together the fragments of my campaign to fit a Rogue Trader game without a Rogue Trader.
Anybody have any ideas?
>>
>>53448741
Let them get along on their own with it for a session or two.

Then the sister/uncle/granddaughter/nephew/what-have-you of the Trader shows up, with a rather sizeable armed guard, to claim their inheritance.
>>
>>53448741
Having the PCs assist with a disputed succession might be fun. Some claimants show up on their own, others need to be tracked down. As important retainers (which I assume the PCs are at least nominally), can probably have a role in helping evaluate the claims, picking the correct heir (or helping the one they most prefer), and dealing with the violence that will likely occur.

I'd suggest ramping up Misfortunes until the warrant is assigned. You might also consider granting a PF award once the heir is chosen, possibly with different values for different potential heirs (some may bring extra resources to the dynasty).
>>
Making a Missionary for Rogue Trader, should I build tanky or choppy or shooty?
I plan on using a flamer, which requires no Ballistic Skill, so I feel like I have the freedom to choose, but I don't know which way the Missionary skill paths favor.
>>
>>53449378

Choppy with faith powers if you can get them.
>>
>>53449389
Looking at the talents pages, by faith powers do you mean the Pure Faith talent and the ones following it?
I'm not sure how useful it is having to spend a fate point whenever I want to use one.
>>
>>53449586
>>53449378

Ask your GM if you can nick the Faith Powers from Dark Heresy Blood of Martyrs. They make playing a priest fun and not a boring slog.
>>
Not to play a character tat is basically h last survivor of a planet they suffered a demonic invasion.

He was basically the equivalent of the PDFs special forces.

The thing is the planet used autoguns.
Whats are soon good autoguns that stand a chance of keeping up at later stages if they're of good or best quality and have some upgrades?
>>
>>53449918
Sorry high on sleeping tablets that aren't actually making me tired, just shit at typing.

Want to play a character that is basically the last survivor of a planet that suffered a demonic invasion.

He was basically the equivalent of the PDFs special forces.

The thing is the planet used autoguns.
Whats are soon good autoguns that stand a chance of keeping up at later stages if they're of good or best quality and have some upgrades?
>>
>>53450404
Make sure you get lots of special ammo for your autogun.
That's the main strength of stubbers and autoguns, is that they can take a lot of specialty rounds for certain circumstances.
>>
>>53450421
Was considering that, isn't there a gun that lets you have 3 20 round mags loaded at once of different ammo typed so you don't have to reload to switch?
>>
>>53450486

The Spectre, from DH1 IHB.
>>
>>53450557
Thanks, I want to go full operator on this one gun and see how far it can carry me.
>>
File: Overlord Happy Maid.png (324KB, 626x686px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord Happy Maid.png
324KB, 626x686px
As a side note, I'm gonna try and have something fun ready for everyone later tonight.
>>
File: smug marine.jpg (60KB, 673x696px) Image search: [Google]
smug marine.jpg
60KB, 673x696px
>>53450727
>>
Hot Bred

>>53451008
>>53451008
>>53451008
>>
>>53450727
can't wait
>>
Holy shit I was banned for a one minute from all boards and I almost shat myself. Thank god that based mod undone this bullshit
>>
So no wonder that ffg 40k is dead, how does a collected omnibus of the various release said sound?

ie, rogue trader written using only wars (or possibly DH2.0's) ruleset, and changing the docs to correctly reference this.

That way you have a single ruleset for dark heresy, only war, rogue trader, black crusade, and death watch that doesn't need need to be cross referenced with multiple different books to build a character.

The idea being, use the free form ruleset of only war or black crusade with only wars ruleset (as it's most correct to what he devs had intended i believe)

Thoughts?

Dumb idea?

Any interest?
>>
>>53451076
It is doable but it would take ages
>>
>>53451076
A mega-project only a person that basically knows the system by heart should attempt.
>>
>>53379903
I'd imagine the Arbites make heavy use of some seriously high quality webber/snare nets with more than one of those qualities
>>
>>53414940
Vatican Military, where the Emperor is Jesus and the Pope, and the Adeptus Custodes are the Cardinals
>>
>>53445586
Skull Candelabras everywhere

Literally Everything looks like an ancient church
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.