[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing the BBEGuy with a BBEGroup

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (196KB, 1200x1040px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1200x1040px
How well does this work? Should you have the party fight them together or separately?
>>
>>53330281
Together of course. The only individuals who can stand up to an adventuring party alone and have a chance are dragons and monsters. A party will curbstomp any individual NPC with class levels you make. Every single time. You see, classes are supposed to work together. That's the real strength of advebturing parties. So if you have a group of NPCs with class levels as collective antagonists, they absolutely must work together if they are to pose a challenge to the heroes.
>>
File: 406px-Pride.jpg (63KB, 406x327px) Image search: [Google]
406px-Pride.jpg
63KB, 406x327px
>>53330281

And don't forget to make it a bunch of married couples so they have extra motivation to keep each other alive beyond "muh plans".
>>
>>53330281
Either full party vs full party or 1v1.
1v1s are cool if the system allows it and the GM can pull it off.
>>
>>53330281
>BBEG

Ugh.
>>
>>53330403
Yeah, but what about 1v1?
>>
>>53330281
>BBEGs

Ughs.
>>
>>53332807
>>53335238
Shit, now I have to take TWO shots.
>>
Just for you, anon :^)

>>53336080
>BBEG

UGH
>>
The biggest weakness in the story you'll have to deal with is the players not being privvy to the vast majority of their interactions. This works in other forms of media because the audience can see how they handle each other. Your players will only see them together during scenes the players are around them all.

You may be able to get around it by having the players find messages and letters they send each other, but that'll rely on your players giving a shit about that.
>>
File: 1488851008640.png (267KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1488851008640.png
267KB, 500x375px
>>53336178
I like to start and sometimes end every session with a "Meanwhile" scene where I basically write a paragraph or two of a narrative involving an NPC or NPCs the players aren't around so the players can get a snapshot of their lives after they've been helped or sometimes get a window into the villains' actions while the party is elsewhere.

For example,
>"Meanwhile, Dave sits at his desk, pondering exactly what he should do with the town guard now that the Bandits and Goblins around the town of Happyville have been dealt with..."
et cetera, just to let the players know they're affecting the world.

In this case, a team of antagonists can be built up since the DM can show the players little snippets of their interactions when the characters aren't around.

I've found it works very well.
>>
>>53336178
>>53336253
There's a mechanic from a homestuck system that I really liked that I'd adopt for this.

Players pay 1 ((system currency)) and get to Be The Other Guy - what this means is that one player assumed control of an NPC elsewhere who might be able to either provide useful insight or some aid - if they roleplay the character well and dont break his character to their ends, they get their points back and if the GM decides they played exceedingly well they get an additional one.
>>
>>53330281
BBEGgroup works much better than a single BBEG because of the action economy. A standard party has four to six characters, meaning they have four to six times the actions of a single opponent.
>>
>>53336756
Shit, that's pretty good.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.