[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 41

File: Black Hook Press.jpg (2MB, 5760x3240px) Image search: [Google]
Black Hook Press.jpg
2MB, 5760x3240px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to BerlinNetz...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>53292006
>Revolution.exe
>Technomancer_Massacre_Get_Woke.sim
>Lone_Star_Rapid_Response_Routes.thread
>Manifesto_Writing_For_Dummies.knwsft

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 30 (40% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'IT'S HAPPENING'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Utopia.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Revolution edition. From American patriots to headcases, everyone wants to remake the world. What's your ideology? What groups have you run into who want to change the status quo, one way or another?
>>
>>53327086
So, My SR GM just sent this to me, Ive edited the names to protect the guilty.

I cant decide if our SR game is no officially off the rails or fucking amazing.

Truly we are the magical realm and its working out great.
>>
>>53327548
I do not have enough reactions to tell you how big of a fag you are, on every level
>>
>>53327664
Jelly
>>
File: 1481230005255.jpg (62KB, 750x724px) Image search: [Google]
1481230005255.jpg
62KB, 750x724px
>when people keep talking about mage superiority
>when you're the team adept and feel only respectable in your line of work instead of op like people keep saying your are
>when mystic adept builds and magicians with quickening keep showing up in game just to beat the shit out of you

I should have just been a magician at this rate.
>>
>>53327979
My table is all friends who are into shadowrun, so I've never had issues with Awakened Superiority. I'm sure it's much worse for other tables, especially online games.
>>
File: prattypratprat.png (220KB, 321x283px) Image search: [Google]
prattypratprat.png
220KB, 321x283px
I gotta learn this shit in the span of a few weeks. I got my hands on the 5e rulebook now where do I start reading?
>>
>>53327548
I think /b/ has the cringe threads Anon.
>>
>>53328106
Open book. Start at pg 1. Move forward from there.

make sure you have the Master Index version, get the cheat sheets from OP. Once you've read the book, go back and read the rules sections again and cross-reference with cheat sheet to make sure you've got the basics. Use Chummer and make a couple characters so you have a handle on how that works
>>
>>53328100
Online games are the only place it's an issue.

No one's enough of an asshole to cry about not being able to use Ware on their mysad.
>>
>>53328170
This guy

Correction: those autismos who make wared up mysads aren't socially capable of crying about it in person.
>>
One of my players wants his adept to be a former limo driver, and will probably have one of his own. The best option for chargen looks like the Nightsky, but it has an availability of 18, and it seems like a silly thing to spend a Restricted Gear quality on (not to mention expensive). So, I'm going to offer the opportunity to purchase a used limo, same as cyberware (75% of the price, -4 availability).

I could just bring down some of the stats a touch, but that's not as fun as custom drawbacks, right? What makes this car such a steal?
>>
>>53328106
There's also a How to into GM pdf on the pastebin at the top which will have some tips.
>>
>>53328257
Bulletholes and bloodstains in the rear, obnoxious decorations and upholstery, and the minibar was ripped out.
>>
>>53328257
The big ten all put an individual bomb in it somewhere at some time or another. Where and when is completely unknown.
>>
>>53327979
Adepts aren't that broken. And really only become broken when you pair them with Ware.
>>
What's a good source on proper security design? Like camera and sensor placement, guard patrols, that sort of thing.
>>
>>53328715
Probably could start with a random basics of video on youtube or something.
You looking for just physical security? Shadowrun also has computer, magical, and social security things that players can use to their advantage.
>>
Just finished reading the 3 R. Charrette novels and 2XS, and I've got to say I've enjoyed them more than I thought I would. Can I just keep going down the list of shadowrun novels, or are there any stinkers I should avoid?
>>
>>53328392
They didn't say they are. They said they want to be more powerful.
>>
>>53327979
>>53328392
Us Adepts man, we dindu nuffin but we reap the worst consequences
>>
>>53330708
Buddhist tradition Pacifist Adepts can potentially do pretty well by themselves, now. They even get spells.
>>
>>53330764
It's touch only, and the force sucks unless you start with Magic 7. And even then the force is only really good for mooks or people with obvious weak spots.
>>
>>53327548
Fuck. I have a high cringe tolerance usually but...FUCK.
>>
>>53330708
We need reparations for the vein harvests an sheeit.

Though right now thanks to harmonious defense i'm sitting on 18 counterspelling dice, so at least I can autistically shriek at mages and maybe shit on them some.
>>
>>53330820
Doesn't matter; got spells. *Spellcasting via FIST.* Again - they get access to spells. Also access to Dedicated Spellslinger. Which is more spells. That are not Touch. And they still have Barehanded Adept that says;
>A barehanded adept uses their Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill
>>
>>53330904
Personally, I'm inclined to retcon it to awakened sapients' veins in general.
>>
>>53330971
Eh. I think that to qualify for Dedicated Spellslinger, the Adept would need Adept Spell to actually have the Spellcasting skill.

After all, using something in the place of something else doesn't mean that you have the second thing.
>>
>>53330764
>Shitty spells
>Double Drain
>Magic/3 cap on Force, cannot Overcast
Yeah senpai they totally get spells it's great :^)
>>
>>53331012
"Use X in place of Y" does mean when you look to use X, you can use Y.
>>
>>53330904
Explain how you have such good counterspelling.
>>
>>53331022
Pick better spells. Dedicated Spellslinger.

Adepts get the third best potential drain dice pool in the game, behind Draconic Wil+Mag, and Romani SAD Wil*2.

Use Edge.
>>
>>53331025
Yes, but it doesn't mean you have Y. Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting. Raising Unarmed, even using Unarmed as Spellcasting is not raising Spell asting.

Or to use an earlier example, just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6. Even though the sensor lets me use E.Warfare in place of Perception.
>>
>>53331090
We're at a very late game campaign right now that's been going on for about two years.

That said, 6 willpower, 8 magic, 4 iniations.

though even just after one iniation you can sit on 12 dice, which is awesome in and of itself and opens up a ton of options for adepts.
>>
>>53331229
...do you wear a cowboy hat?
>>
>>53331229
What metamagics did you take?
>>
>>53331211
>Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting.
When it checks for ranks in Spellcasting, you use Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill.

>just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6.
For all intents and purposes, when using a Sensor Array, you do.
>>
>>53331229
Do initiation add to your counterspelling dice?
>>
>>53331339
Yessir.
>>
>>53331358
Nobody ever told me this. Why did nobody ever tell me this?

I was just gonna take channeling and forcibly make them possess me. Sorta a reverse lightning bottle situation

Do you wear a cowboy hat?
>>
So one of my players wants to go all Hideo-from-Neuromancer and try out an Archer adept as her starter character. Should I try and dissuade her?
BTW, I house-ruled that the bullet enchantment in FA also applies to Arrows.
>>
>>53331571
FA is a trainwreck.
>>
>>53331430
The metamagic dropped in Forbidden Arcana, its awesome. I'm also not cowboy adept Anon, sorry.

>>53331571
Fuck Archer Adepts, since going Adept actually provides very little in the way of mechanical benefit to Archery. Go Mundane Archer Ork, Dwarf, or Troll

Get two fat Cyberlimbs with 9 AGI and at least 10 STR. Carry a Light Crossbow with SNS Heads w/ Static Shafts and a Modern Compound Bow w/ Smartlink. You can roll around 17-20 dice for Bows, 9 AGI + 6 Skill + Specialization + Smartlink.
>>
>>53331695
>Investing in 10Str
>For a crossbow-using archery adept using SNS bolts
Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>53331740
>Missing the Modern Compound Bow because he didn't read the post.
>Calls other people retarded.
>>
>>53331571
the "only" thing wrong with archery is that crossbows cant use shafts, and bows require a monstrous amount of strength in a system where strength is the shittiest stat yet costs as much as the best stats (melee has the exact same problem). if youre willing to cut your player a deal somewhere, be it cheaper strength or needing less strength for rating 10 bows, or making strength attribute boost not worthless, she should be fine.

all the archery stuff is in the core book, run and gun, and hard targets. hard targets also has some archery-specific adept powers, but they're not very good
>>
>>53331761
>Using a compound bow when you could literally just use the SNS bolts and be better in every conceivable way with the exception of range, which 10str gives you a range multiple times larger than necessary.
>>
>>53331772
Crossbows can use shafts.
>>
>>53331796
Crossbow bolts have no rating == cannot use shafts.
>>
>>53331796
when was that errated?
>>
>>53331571
I don't think you need to use the bullet stuff to use alchemy on arrows? I mean, unless you want to.

The reason it doesn't work on bullets is the combustion ruins the preparation. Arrows should be fine though.
>>
>>53331880
It's supposed to be the deformation of the bullet ruins the preparation.
>>
>>53331288
So what I'm getting from you is that all these qualities can be qualified for in part or whole with 'softs and/or a skilljack and the rest. (Gets a little iffy because you can also interpret "isn't based on Magic or Resonance" as not grouped with Magic or Resonance skills, which is wrong for Arcana. Less so for Astral Combat and Assensing, even if it's possible to learn as a mundane. It's just about impossible to actually put to use, though.)

Alchemical Armorer (Armorer only), Animal Familiar (all), Apt Pupil (all), Archivist (all), Astral Bouncer, Barehanded Adept, Chakra Interrupter (Assensing only), Charlatan (all), Dual Natured Defender, Flesh Sculpter (Zoology only), Healer, Mystic Foreman (not spellcasting), Potion Maker (Chem only), Puppet Master (Psych only), Renaissance Ritualist (not Ritual Spellcasting), Skinwalker (Zoology only), Spiritual Lodge (Artisan only), Spiritual Pilgrim (all), Sprawl Tamer, Taboo Transformer (Zoology again), and Worship Leader (Leadership).

Oh, and of course, also that an Adept can qualify for any of the Spellcasting requiring qualities by taking Barehanded Adept, and even take them faster than is normally possible by with Improved Ability: Unarmed Combat.
>>
>>53328715
There's a thing on corporate security in the CP2013 supplement Solo of Fortune, could start from there.
>>
>>53332277
>Arcana is the only magic skill not tied to the Magic attribute. As such, the gamemaster can optionally allow a mundane to acquire this skill to represent their limited understanding of the arcane documentation available to anyone. This knowledge then can be used by the mundane to recognize rituals, preparations, traditions, etc. The gamemaster can set a difficulty threshold to use the skill in determining details such as a preparation’s trigger, magician’s tradition, or type of spirit.

The difference between "ALCHEMY (MAGIC)" and "ARCANA (LOGIC)" should be clearer to you than you're making out.

>So what I'm getting from you is that all these qualities can be qualified for in part or whole with 'softs and/or a skilljack and the rest.
I'm picking up a failure to remember that the mastery qualities and magical skills require the Magic attribute, and that skillsofts don't do Magic or Resonance based skills.

Astral Combat can't be used without some form of astral perception. Assensing cannot be taken without some form of astral perception.

If you have Animal Handling 5 via Skillsoft and want to take Animal Familiar, what part of any book can you quote that contradicts it counting as the skill? Likewise, what part of any book can you quote that mastery quality requirements only need to be met during purchase?
>>
>>53331288
>just because I have a sensor and E.Warfare 6 doesn't mean I have Perception 6.
>For all intents and purposes, when using a Sensor Array, you do.
Not for the purposes of meeting a quality prerequisite you don't. Dedicated spell caster only gives a shit how many ranks of spellcasting you have, Barehanded adept allows you to use unarmed for casting the spells gained through it, it doesn't at any point transform those ranks into ranks of spellcasting.
>>
>>53331288
>Even if you use Unarmed in place of Spellcasting, you have no ranks in Spellcasting.
>When it checks for ranks in Spellcasting, you use Unarmed Combat skill in place of the Spellcasting skill.
Only when casting the spells gained through barehanded adept and you fucking know it.
>>
>>53332834
I'm just wanting to see where you're standing. Also I wasn't talking about the Alchemy in that list.

Also there's ways for wholly mundanes to get Astral Perception, just not on their own. One is to have a spirit with Astral Gateway around. While it's using that power, everything's dual natured, so mundanes have astral perception. Alternatively, an Awakened with Advanced Alchemy can learn and make preparations that give Dual Natured or Astral Form for a bit.

Either way, you should then be able to learn Astral Combat and Assensing even if you normally can't use them and they're horrible wastes of effort as active skills for somebody that requires outside aid to use them.

And I can say parts to you, but from your perspective they just say nothing because you see "use in place of" or "use as" as being equal to "have" or "is."

You in fact are saying, to me, that the best way to get a skill at 7 is to have a skilljack, the activesoft at 6, and then buy the skill from 6 to 7.
>>
>>53332834
.If you have Animal Handling 5 via Skillsoft and want to take Animal Familiar, what part of any book can you quote that contradicts it counting as the skill? Likewise, what part of any book can you quote that mastery quality requirements only need to be met during purchase?
The part where it's a piece of gear not an actual skill? If you apply that if you ever take the chip out you would cease to qualify for the quality and lose it, and have to re-purchase it when you put the chip back in.
>>
>>53333049
Do you, as a person, have the skill?
>>
>>53333039
>Also I wasn't talking about the Alchemy in that list.
You decided to list all those mastery qualities. The first is Alchemical Armourer. Alchemy is relevant.

>Either way, you should then be able to learn [...]
Sure - provided you have the requisite amount of time to learn and not die. They're still not skillsofts, and they would be relegated to being knowledge skills without the requirements of use.
>In order to use these skills, their Magic rating must be 1 or higher.

>>53333049
So you specifically have nothing except how you feel about it? Thank you for weighing in, anon.
>>
>>53333178
What I have is a functioning brain, If you need to put a chip in your head to perform a skill, you don't actually have the skill, just a piece of equipment that mimics the skill you don't have. I'll admit this is slightly less clear cut than the sensors example for perception in >>53331288
which is obvious bullshit as bonus dice are not skill ranks no matter what way you slice it, but it doesn't make any sense if you think about it for just a moment. Unless you actually put the quality on a chip (which since they're magical in nature you couldn't do). No I can't point to chapter and verse on this because CGL didn't spell this out, but I don't believe they should have to.
>>
What are the important attributes for a rigger? How many is too many drones?
>>
>>53333061
Exactly my point.
>>
>>53333178
Yes. And in the list I put in parenthesis Armorer only.

Which means, fairly obviously, that going by how I see your perspective it can help with Armorer only. This is pretty basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>53333383
Reaction, Logic, Intuition are all important

Too many drones is too many for your RCC to handle at once.
>>
How much armor should you aim at if your goal is to be the bait/tank/the guy who gets shot?
I've got 33 right now with a decent (25 when full defense) dodge score and that should be enough to tank anything that isn't a sniper round, right?
>>
>>53333387
Only if you think that can use as/in place of means have.

In which case if you have a shovel you have a hammer, and if you have a battering ram you have a troll physad.
>>
>>53333651
33 is enough to absorb most everything short of Assault Cannons, Snipers, and Rockets. Just remember than net hits add to damage so a particularly keen shot will melt through it.

How'd you get your Dodge pool so high at the same time?
>>
>>53333691
No, I don't the first part of that was supposed to be a greentext quote, I fucked it up. The prereqs for these qualities are skill ranks. Not chips, skill ranks, if you don't have any natural ranks in them you shouldn't be able to get them. It's a stupid argument because it's not like 5e skillwires are at all cost effective or worth using to begin with.
>>
>>53333651
is that 33 all armor, or does it include your body too?
>>
>>53333748
Oh, I was wrong, it's a 20 dodge pool when full defense. Chummer's telling me my indirect dodge is 16 for some reason, which is why I thought it was 25.

Sum to 12 and prime runner with avail set at 14, plus playing a gnome. Personally I think Neoteny should add some dodge dice because you're half to 1/3 the target as most people but that wouldn't make it much of a 'negative' quality. Got Synaptic Booster 2 and have a solid intuition. Augmented reaction is 6, intuition 5, so 11 dodge dice regular. Then I huff Kamikaze/Jazz and turn on full defense, and because I took Cyber-Singularity Seeker, my WIL is 9 and taking Agile Defender becomes a waste of karma when Full Defense normal is good enough. So that's 20 dodge dice.

Armor is just taking Armor 3 on all 5 cyberlimbs, so that's 15 base, plus 15 from full body armor... Gnome sized. Add on a ballistic mask, 2 and my body, 3, and we've got 35 damage soak

Thanks for the advice, by the way.

>>53333810
Looks like my memory was wrong on that, too, because I was remembering before I bought my ballistic mask.
>>
File: baby dragon.jpg (128KB, 778x1026px) Image search: [Google]
baby dragon.jpg
128KB, 778x1026px
Legitimate question: Where do baby dragons come from?

Like, when was the last dragon born? Do we know anything about the early life of Dragons, or how Dragons mate, or how the Sixth World would react to hearing that a new Dragon has been born?
>>
>>53333962
From eggs. That need to be specially incubated, and that process also does a good job of shaping the prospective dragon.

I think that one or two have been born since the turn of the age.

Look at the Ancient Files via wayback machine or something for more details.
>>
>>53333906
Oh, it's you. I'd say you'll be fine, but you mentioned it was some sort of war campaign in the earlier thread, so who knows what nonsense your GM will pull out of the hat. Still anything short of heavy ordinance should be water off a ducks back, barring a really shitty roll.
>>
>>53333987
What are baby dragons like? How long do they age before they get magic and human forms and the like?
Are their human forms cute kids or do they look like adults with the mind of a baby lizard?
>>
>>53334033
Yes.
>>
>>53333962
Is it OK to make a deal with a baby dragon?
>>
>>53334033
Literal baby dragons would basically be in the egg, magically absorbing knowledge.

Child dragons, on the other hand, tend to vary depending on breed and possible ability to become a Great Dragon. While young then tend to be magically active, but the metahuman forms shown by Great Dragons are probably beyond them. Although it could be possible, and they also have enough magical knowledge to probably try an end around that way.

But more importantly, as they approach adolescence it's possible that they temporarily lose their higher faculties and become things like wyverns and lesser sea serpents. Or that could be a failed attempt at becoming a Great Dragon, something that only happens because of the lower mana levels in the past and will not happen in the future, or it could be the result of a botched raising.

There's still lots of questions, like just what Ryumo is trying to become.

>>53334165
Assuming it's still got brainpower, sure. They're probably more likely to do short term stuff because Great Dragon status ain't assured.
>>
>>53333962

Read Dragons of the Sixth World for details. So far as I can tell, dragons are being born fairly regularly, it's just that we don't hear much about the non-greats. Dragon eggs are laid in clutches which mature over the course of I think 50 years or so. So by regularly, I just mean that at certain intervals it seems a good number of dragons are born. Dragon mating rituals are very elaborate, rigid, and logical. They do it to reproduce, and produce offspring whose psychological profiles will match their desired objectives. It probably wouldn't be news that a new dragon had been born, for various reasons. First of all, it's the private business of dragons, who are very exacting in separating their public identities from their private dragon business. Second of all, lesser dragons aren't all that uncommon. But I guess if an entire clutch hatched at once that would be big news, especially since the draconic race was having population growth collapse issues as far as I can tell. The news of a clutch of dragons hatching would be kind of like that scene in Children of Men where everyone stops fighting when they hear the baby crying, only with very different feelings involved.
>>
>>53326648
>Yekka? I have characters in Ch5. that can't reduce their stun damage they had before opening them in a new version... This a known bug, or is ther esomething I am doing wrong
Should be fixed in current nightlies.
>>
>>53333500
You might consider it obvious what you wanted to mean and convey, because it was happening in your mind, but I'm not going to put any real effort into assuming or working your side of any discussion for you. If you want to say something, you'll actually have to say it.

>>53333373
See, as soon as I get to "bonus dice", all that talk about having a functioning brain is just telling, not showing. You'll actually have to use the rules in the book, friend.
>>
fuck yeah, the party is UCAS's most wanted!

most of our faces made national news!

anyone got a safehouse where they could let a chummer crash for a few short years?
>>
>>53334450
Take your ass on a boat down to Aztlan, anon! Time for a vacation! What, is CAS going to request the Azzies extradite you?
>>
>>53334447
I feel like that level of inference isn't even real effort. Or possibly you took effort to not infer anything.

And the rules in the book say that you may use the rating in place of the skill when called on to make a skill test. I thought about appending (making a skill test) to that, but it'd probably only be seen as an attempt at insult.

In fact in no place in the rules do any of those say you possess the skill, only that you can use something else in the skill's place.
>>
>>53333651
Chummer if you don't have at least 40 dice to soak you're not a true tank.
>>
>>53334688
Unfortunately I can't afford that at chargen due to the ever-present delight that is the Cyber Torso.
Later on I should be able to reach the ridiculous heights of 40 soak.
>>
>>53334707
Is there a specific reason you need the cyber torso?
>>
>>53334811
Because CGL/the GM says so, really also because it unfortunately makes more sense to have a torso as a critical part of your movement, and for the purposes of an armor build it's not a total waste of nuyen since you can put armor on it and alongside your agility increases. It's just suboptimal, you could use that essence/money better on dermal plating or bone lacing if the cybertorso wasn't necessary.
>>
>>53334940
>it unfortunately makes more sense to have a torso as a critical part of your movement
Eh?

>alongside your agility increases
Talk with your GM about using the German version ...
>>
whats a good name and class for a troll?
>>
>>53335070
Ivan Ivanovich, Russian Hacker.
>>
>>53335070
Trolls would most likely just have regular human names from their country of origin. There isn't a mystical troll language from which to draw names.
If you meant street names, well, that's still way too open a question, especially seeing as how a street name is typically assigned to you rather than by you. It would depend on your backstory.
Trolls are theoretically predisposed towards melee. It's just that melee is not great in 5th unless you really build for it.
What I'm saying is, do what you want, basically. Probably not the answer you were hoping for, but you should have at least come up with the skeleton of a concept for us to work with.
>>
>>53335163
so like street samurai or adept bra?
>>
>>53335229
Are you planning to go melee? If so, you need to be able to do the following:
- Hit things good. This is mostly a matter of strength, weapon skill and weapon. Fairly self-explanatory
- Get up close. For this, you want to be sneaky and fast.
- Tank a hit. Again, fairly self-explanatory. You need body, and armor and to a lesser extent will. Being able to dodge would help, of course, but as you can probably see, this build is already very demanding.
Adept with plans to get some useful ware later on is probably your best bet imho.
>>
>>53335288
thanks bra
>>
How can I use Animal Handling?
>>
>>53337480
Find some animals and handle them.
>>
>>53337754
Lewd.
>>
>>53337754
I more meant like can tamed animals be useful as part of your character build, or will animal handling just be for telling the cyberdoggo not to chew on you?
>>
>>53337996
More likely to be the latter but talk to your GM I suppose.
>>
File: tumblr_noch4nHd1R1urf4tmo4_1280.jpg (430KB, 1000x764px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noch4nHd1R1urf4tmo4_1280.jpg
430KB, 1000x764px
>>53337996
There are rules in Howling Shadows, but it's more of an NPC schtick than something you can really afford to build your character around. Doggos are essentially drones made of meat, with all the drawbacks that implies.
>>
>>53337996
Nothing is preventing you from owning a doggo yourself. I actually had a character who spent time innawoods with his doggo. He had a fairly high animal handling to control and train the doggo and relevant knowledge skills to avoid the really bad areas.
>>
How would you do pacifism in a standard group? Could you manage it without being overly preachy, ranty, or restrictive on what runs the group takes?
>>
>>53339511
Depends on whether it's pacifism, as in will not kill, or pacifism, as in will not visit violence of any sort upon another metahuman, which counts out shit like knockout drugs and SnS. And on whether your character is content for only them to be pacifist, or wants to convert the group to pacifism.

It can work in some cases. My current group, for example, our face has yet to actually use his gun. So it's definitely doable, but as GM I'd be cautious.
>>
I'm back for more!

I'm trying to discard some of the crunch and I'm wondering what are some rules that you guys just don't care enough about or purposely do away with.
Preferably things that if the GM doesn't bother looking it up and just makes something up everyone is fine with it.

So far I got:
>no one bothers with background count
>toss out spirit hardened armor
>>
>>53339511
Honestly I would only allow it with saying
>Pacifism I: Can't initiate combat and must try non-lethal ways before being allowed to fight
>Pacifism II: Can't initiate combat, may not use any weapons (lethal or not) can only support (create illusions, close passages, heal/stabilize teammates, etc.)
With the first one you can start fighting once it's obvious that there is no other way, second one abhors any kind of harm
>>
>>53339568
Background Counts are important because they are a check to Mages and MysAds. It's just that GMs will forget to remember background counts because of all the shit going around. Same with noise.

Ignore the Diving and Freefall skills, substitute Swimming and Gymnastics in all cases and make those two skills specializations.
>>
>>53339568
Decking is for NPCs only. Honestly. I play a decker and the only reason I do it is because I have a good enough command of the matrix rules that I can get it out of the way quickly.
>>
>>53327086
We have a Ulysses insert from Fallout. Much patriotism.
>>
>>53339644
>It's just that GMs will forget to remember background counts because of all the shit going around. Same with noise.
Some players view using background counts as an intensely negative experience, too, and that can affect GMing.
>>
>>53339635
>>53339556
I'm considering Pacifism II, standing as an example of what can be done without violence with the hope the team may eventually find it rubbing off, rather than being the pacifist that refuses to work on anything where someone might get hurt.

>may not use any weapons (lethal or not)
Would you still say that vs using flashpaks, splash (paint & water) grenades, and an ultra-glide filled super soaker as a way of not committing or initiating violence without being totally useless against anything stronger than a stern word.
>>
>>53339870
Ask your group for permission first. But some hilarious things can be done attempting to avoid killing people. I often have my Mr. Johnsons tell my players they'll get a bonus if nobody gets hurt to see what ridiculous plans they come up with to get the macguffin without a drop of blood shed.

Plus, it annoys the arseholes in my group who build exclusively to have 26 blades dice and nothing else.
>>
>>53339644
That thing with Diving and Freefall is the best idea I've ever read. Fuck those two skills.
>>
>>53339752
I mean, by the book just going to a rock concert is enough to make all of an Adept's powers fucking vanish.
>>
>>53339986
That's 4e ... and it's probably only half of their powers.

5e, a rock concert just gives you a penalty of a few dice for anything you do related to magic.
>>
>>53340026
5e Street Grimoire lists a sold-out rock concert as an example of a 4-6 background count, which is applied a direct dice pool penalty equal to the count. That's enough to eliminate the entire dice pool most starting Adepts would get from their powers.
>>
>>53340125
>Adepts go "DUDE WHAT THE FUCK MAN NOW IM USELESS" at GMs when they use background count so GMs avoid using background count to not be dicks
>Here, humble techie, have some noise :^)
>>
>>53340125
Depends on what power you're talking about. Not all of them are measured purely in bonus dice.

Contrast with 4e, where the GM would set up a background count and "make all of an Adept's powers fucking vanish."
>>
I'm just so bored of running shadowrun.
I used to just fucking love the setting but I don't care anymore.
>>
>>53339870
I'd say that intent counts
If I can clearly see you trying to hinder/obstruct rather than attack then I'd allow it
Making floors slippery, blinding them and making their weapons slip out of their grip is fine
dissolving their armor, blinding them PERMANENTLY or drugging them is not
>>
>>53334165
>>53334033
Do dragon eggs have any ability to influence the world around them? Like would a dragon egg be able to make people feel compelled to touch it or anything? Do normal people know what dragon eggs look like?
>>
>>53340125
That's pretty shitty. Just walking around anywhere in a city gives awakened characters a -1. Wouldn't it be better for everyone to just use the background count but make it so it doesn't hit as hard?
>>
>>53340467
I assume at my table that everyone is used to the standard -1 of the campaign city, largely out of simplicity. If they walk/travel to an area with a higher count I tell them as they enter that that the mana feels a little/somewhat/very sluggish. It would be shitty to spring a background count on them, of course.
>>
>>53340558
>>53340467
>Just walking around anywhere in a city gives awakened characters a -1.

General city / region / continent / suburb / other background counts for places you live in will be acclimated to. It's the short lived / roving / un-experienced background counts that you're not going to be ready for.
>>
>>53340467
Remember also that you can acclimate to the background count of an area over time.

Personally, I typically only throw out background counts if they're useful for the story or the thing that caused the background count is particularly anathemic to the prevailing mood of the characters. The rocker adept hurling himself into the middle of a trog-mosh while the Sons of Nekrogoblikon are blasting out their new album through the crowd wouldn't suffer a background count, while his girlfriend - a bookish hermetic mage - might struggle to erect an Armor spell to keep herself from being crushed.

When both characters later come across a grisly murder scene on their way home, both characters would be affected by the background count in the area.

I had a GM once who allowed you to make a Composure test as a complex action to ignore background counts, with a threshold equal to the background count. Net hits allowed you to ignore the background count for that many minutes. Never really got to give that rule proper testing though, we only had an aspected conjurer at the time.
>>
>>53340646
Don't forget that background counts aren't always a negative. As the GM, you can set up areas that help, too.
>>
>>53340646
This is how background counts are done properly.
>>
>>53340646
hey my dude my chummer just crashed when i unchecked matrix condition monitor thingy
>>
File: tumblr_noch4nHd1R1urf4tmo5_1280.jpg (272KB, 1000x536px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_noch4nHd1R1urf4tmo5_1280.jpg
272KB, 1000x536px
>>53340762
If I had to guess, something stayed visible when it shouldn't have and you didn't properly have the item selected? I'll take a look on my end, but that's generally what that sort of error indicates. Got a line reference from the crash report?
>>53340719
Like a lot of things with Shadowrun, managing background counts well requires that you have a lot of familiarity with the rules and the player characters, otherwise it can all get bogged down quite easily.
>>
File: 1436577692093.jpg (311KB, 1800x1193px) Image search: [Google]
1436577692093.jpg
311KB, 1800x1193px
My players just arranged a really expensive Uber ride. Is there a good way to convert a vehicle's Speed to actual kph?
>>
>mfw penultimate mission for us might involve me fighting a horror using only my fists, my riot armor, and my mentor spirit

I feel like i'm heading to failure
>>
>>53342693
No. Everything gets fucked up when you try to do that.

Just be abstract or guess.
>>
How do you feel about a heavily modified not-shadowrun?
As in, the megacorporations are there, sure, but the races are different and the things they altered for copyright reasons are unaltered, and pepsico is one of the top megacorps.
>>
>>53343396
Would every restaraunt be Taco Bell?
>>
>>53343396
Is it still fantasy cyberpunk? Also whats the point, to try and unfuck the rules and setting?
>>
>>53343128
hahah shitty, I should have guessed
>>
>>53343443
No, there's also mcdonalds, KFC, and murt's mystery meat rodeo.
>>53343444
To allow me greater leeway in just having whole cloth homebrew shit, turn the races up about five notches on the ninja turtles mutant goo scale, and to allow pepsi and coca cola to firebomb each other.
>>
>>53343501
So the Cola Wars...aren't over?
>>
>>53343516
The cola wars are NEVER OVER
>>
>>53327086

Prop corp Omega Dawn who wants the current runner system scrapped for something that resembles Armored Core's system where Corporate interests are maintained through a third party and they know who their masters are
>>
File: 1475863821450.jpg (60KB, 393x591px) Image search: [Google]
1475863821450.jpg
60KB, 393x591px
>>53334481
UCAS. And the Aztecs will be happy to capture and execute the UCAS most wanted, as a show of how great they are compared to UCAS justice. They won't extradite you, but you'll be just as dead.
>>
>>53335163
>There isn't a mystical troll language from which to draw names.

They could use an Or'zet name, there's enough crossover between troll and orc communities.
>>
>>53339708
He better have the duster.
>>
>>53344419
Might wanna run in Hong Kong or the Caribbean for a bit there omae.
>>
>>53342743
Honestly you're so far outside anything this game is balanced for at that point that you're just at the mercy of the GM and whatever they have planned.
>>
>>53344445
They could, but I don't imagine that would be too common a phenomena.
Also, Or'zet is stupid.
>>
BIG

TROLL

COCK
>>
>>53345115
I like to imagine a troll having a completely average size dick. Size queen finally gets him naked and then its just slightly bigger than a normal human instead of rectum ravaging meat hammer
>>
>>53342693
divide The speed by 3 to get the m/s, then just convert to kph.
>>
>>53345277
I was going to post something like this.
>>
>>53345277
That's why troll women are superior to troll men. You can see the head-sized tits at the very least.
>>
I know theres a penile enhancement ware somewhere, but how much essence would it cost to get a massive vibrating spinning knotted monstrosity of a dick grafted onto yourself? or is that covered under the same penile enhancement thing
>>
File: Untitled.png (95KB, 281x419px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
95KB, 281x419px
>>53342693
>CRB P 202
Turns are 3 seconds.
>>
>>53345926
The speed tables in the book are broken as hell.
>>
File: 1446935560963.jpg (191KB, 743x1074px) Image search: [Google]
1446935560963.jpg
191KB, 743x1074px
>>53345905
Consider a cyberarm. It doesn't matter if it's a synthskin-covered limb that perfectly matches the missing meatpart, or a mighty armoured chrome crab claw. It's all the same Essence, if it's the same grade.
>>
>>53345905
Cybergenitalia is just cybergenitalia, it's not that specific. If you want to get really complicated buy two.
>>
>>53345926
vehicles can walk or run?
>>
>>53345289
>a Speed 5 motorcycle goes 5.76 km/h
>The Dynamit, fastest car in the game at speed 9, moves at a blistering 10.8 km/h

try again.
>>
File: srg_makes_the_best_builds.png (42KB, 833x598px) Image search: [Google]
srg_makes_the_best_builds.png
42KB, 833x598px
>>53345905
>>
File: Seattle Default.jpg (152KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Seattle Default.jpg
152KB, 1280x960px
At first, playing in Seattle was a nice change of pace. Now I want to be anywhere else.
>>
Had the Forbidden Arcana come out yet? Didn't see it in the pastebin. I'm looking for info an an "Aware", i.e. mundane with an interest/fascination/understanding of magic in the 6th world.
>>
>>53347829
yes it has, yes it is, that's not what Aware are in Shadowrun, just take Arcana as a knowledge skill
>>
>>53342693
There literally is no longer an official method to do this. Core book table (>>53345926) has been dumped by Rigger 5.
>>
>>53347965
That seems like a gross oversight on the part of the developers.
>>
>>53348312
That is, indeed, an accurate description of 5e.
>>
>>53348312
You're not wrong, but the numbers were bad enough that no numbers is an improvement.
>>
File: 1442357324651.jpg (158KB, 550x697px) Image search: [Google]
1442357324651.jpg
158KB, 550x697px
>>53348312
Not really. Exact speeds aren't necessary for the chase rules they made, and trying to make the abstract ratings match up to real km/h just created wonky math that let you go faster than light if you tried real hard.
>>
>>53348416
I just want to know how fast different aerial vehicles travel so I know how long it takes my players to fly between cities.
>>
where can i find female troll lewds
>>
>>53348639
The art MEGA has a few.
>>
Reading Forbidden Arcana, there's rules for adding layers onto Wild Beast Spirits but it doesn't say what the base stats are. I'm guessing Force for every stat, but skills and standard powers are anyone's guess. I get it's supposed to be a build your own thing, but there's no foundation to build on other than looking at other spirit statblocks and guessing which skills and powers should be default, before you start buying more.
>>
>>53327086
Destroy Tir. Then destroy Catholics.
>>
Here I am trying to find ways to do Pacifist Adept shenanigans, and then there's Elemental Focus: Water.

>Drain you may take from casting spells of that type is of the same type. You also suffer the secondary effects of that type.

>Water damage does not directly affect any Condition Monitors; instead, it has a chance to knock characters down.

Think ... Flaming Water & Napalm.

>Flaming Water causes Physical damage that is considered to be both Fire damage (p.171, SR5) and Water damage (see Elemental Damage sidebar, p. 105).
>>
>>53349698
But if the Elves and the Catholics are dead, who's left in Irela...

Well played, Orangeman.
>>
>>53349699
... Heck, if you take Elemental Master, it won't even have a chance to knock you over.
>>
>>53342743
BURN ONE EDGE
WIN ANYTHING
>>
>>53349680
Wild spirits are templates for standard spirits. A Wild Beast spirit is just a Beast Spirit with different skills and attributes.
>>53349699
Elemental Focus has... issues, it's very much something that you need to run by your GM before you plan a character around it. I've seen GMs allowing armour mods to help resist the drain, GMs insisting that the quality locks your damage type to P or S based on the element of the spell, having the secondary effects apply even if you soak all the drain. Hell, there was a guy a while back trying to claim that Goblin infected with Immunity (Fire) meant they just didn't take Drain at all.
>>53342693
I use these for 'travel' speeds when it's relevant, handwaving as necessary:
15 KPH * Speed for watercraft
30 KPH * Speed for ground craft
60 KPH * Speed for rotor/propellor craft
300 KPH * Speed for Jet-propelled
>>
>>53347810
I dont know. The hipsters and rain get to you eventually. Renting an apartment is expensive too, but at least I got university housing. Cheap and good entertainment is easy to find at least too.
>>
>>53347810
As a GM who, along with all of my players, lives in Bellevue, the novelty of having the nights Run Target be at places you recognize wears off very quickly.

although the current mayoral scandal in Seattle has provided more than enough inspiration
>>
>>53351473
>Elemental Focus has... issues
That's putting it mildly.

>Hell, there was a guy a while back trying to claim that Goblin infected with Immunity (Fire) meant they just didn't take Drain at all.
There's always a guy trying to say that Immunity is actual immunity.
>>
>>53347882
Not in the pastebin (top of thread), at least by any any of the words he used.
>>
>>53353255
Forbidden Arcana's in the MEGA/Medaiafire.
>>
>>53353255
It's in the boxes, man. Uploaded it as soon as I got it, which is SOP for new books.
>>
A desperate try but..
Is there anywhere in the books written that you can pay the difference between rating for capacity 'ware or am I stuck with buying the new one.
My gm is stuck hard on that i have to buy r3 armor for my cyberarm and after that can sell the old armor r2 at 10-15% of the base price
>>
>>53354312
Our GM lets us do that, but unfortunately for you, I believe that's a houseule.
>>
>>53354312
The rules say your GM is right. He's actually being kind if he's letting you sell the old armour for 10-15% when I think the normal selling price is merely 5%.
>>
>>53354403
The 15% are with some help from the face
But damm the life of a street sam is not easy
>>
>>53354312
I think it's a kraut rule that says you can upgrade at the cost of (New cost-old cost)x 1.7
>>
>>53354732
>The second step is to actually sell the item. You and the buyer make Opposed Negotiation + Charisma [Social] Tests. The fnal price the buyer offers is twenty-fve percent of the item’s listed price, plus fve percent for each of your net hits, or minus fve percent for each of the buyer’s net hits.

Your face a shit.
>>
>>53354312
2 canon options:

Use the missions rules-FAQ
Use the Krautrules
Both allow you to upgrade cyberware without having to rebuy it completely.

regards, the guy who told the krauteditors to please put that in
>>
File: Chummer Design.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Chummer Design.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
Yekka, problem with the Aware chargen option in Chummer. It asks you to select a magical skill group as per a normal aspected magician (despite Aware only being able to use astral perception), and while that doesn't give any points it does seem to clear the 4 free magical skill points an Aware gets, which have to be spent on Assensing.

If you hit cancel on the panel asking you to pick a magical skill group, your magical stuff gets locked down entirely (it says you have 3 MAG, but the attribute is greyed out like Resonance and Depth and cannot be changed, and you cannot select magical skills). If you do pick a skill group, you can change your MAG and get magical skills (at least those related to the skill group), but the 4 free points are gone in the aether.
>>
>>53355118
Could you point me the page?
Thanks
>>
File: SRM5 FAQ.pdf (253KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
SRM5 FAQ.pdf
253KB, 1x1px
>>53355661
Right near the end.
>>
>>53355676
No no I was referring to its location in the German rules
>>
>>53355402
Mmm, that'd be because I'm a nonce and didn't bother to actually read all of the description. Header said one Rating 4 skill, so that's what I set it to. Will be fixed in the next build.
>>
This might seem like a weird question but does GMing this game require a lot of hidden information from players and hidden rolls? I've never run a RPG but me and 2 more friends might be interested in this setting. Of us 3 I'm the more rules lawyers and I always read and teach tabletop games. I'm physically disabled so managing stuff behind a screen isn't doable. I can't roll dice either, easy to have them roll for me but hidden GM rolls would be a no go.

One last thing, how good is the system running 2 PC games?
>>
>>53357053
The only really core hidden roll I can think of is rolling for Overwatch when decking, to see how much heat the decker is attracting. You could instead have it go up at a set rate, affected by PC actions.

2-player games means you need some NPCs to cover up for what the PCs can't do. A decker if they don't have a matrix guy, some thrill ganger buddies who can provide firepower, whatever one of the three core areas (physical, magical, matrix) the PCs are lacking in. Allowing them to build as Prime Runners can go some distance to preventing them from being extremely vulnerable and isolated.
>>
>>53357053
Hmmmm.

Hidden rolls can be done through programs on your computer when required or you want to. I roll hidden from the players when it makes sense that the players wouldn't know about the roll occurring in character. Like for guard hearing a gunshot. Its not required, but its how I like to GM. I also play with friends, so they trust me not to fudge dice.

2 PCs can be rough, because you'll need to fulfill the Matrix, Magic, Face, and Combat roles with 2 players. If no one wants to play Decker, have an NPC Decker do that for them. If someone wants to, you could have a Conjurer Face, and a Decker with a Hand of God cyberlimb. That covers all four roles, but your players will be spread thin, especially without mastery of the system during chargen.
>>
>>53357053
GMrolls aren't necessary but can enhance the gameplay's dynamism. You can also just make up thresholds in your head. I personally just roll with the dice as they come and make up a degree of information for every hit they get.

2 PC games are fine, but not at 800 karma, which is meant for 4-5 pc games. Just give your characters 1200 Karma and tell them to be able to fufill at least two roles (Mage, combat monster, face, decker and infiltrator are the primary roles in SR)
>>
Just read that not long ago a Rules Lite rule set came out (Anarchy). Is it good? Would it be better for 2 PCs?
>>
>>53357326
No, and no, respectively.

Alternately, for two PCs I've been working on putting together a street level campaign so they don't have to tackle corp-level runs so you could always go the opposite direction.
>>
Question
Why does shit like padded armor,chain and FFBA
exist when Armor Vest is there.
Like comments refer padded armor as cheap and easy to get while armor vest is cheaper, lower avail and higher armor
>>
>>53357784
FFBA is supposed to be easier to conceal under clothing than an Armor Vest.
BUT, they don't actually stat out the Armor Vest's concealability so its up to GM fiat. I assume its -4.

Padded Armor?
I assume Chainmail, Leather, etc are holdovers from 4e when Armor were divided into Ballistic and Impact Armor. Its nice I guess to know in case you ever have to assassinate a cosplayer at a convention or a ren. faire.
>>
>>53351473
Nice, thanks for sharing your table!
>>
>>53351473
To be fair, a Dwarf Goblin that took Immunity (Fire) literally does not take Fire-based Drain if he has Elemental Focus and the damage doesn't exceed double his Essence.

God forbid he takes that new quality from FA that halves all damage of that element. He'd literally be unable to take Drain.
>>
File: This Again.gif (46KB, 408x410px) Image search: [Google]
This Again.gif
46KB, 408x410px
>>53358024
Drain is different from regular damage, regular rules about resisting damage don't apply.
>>
>>53358079
If it does damage, then it's damage.
>>
>>53358106
Unless an exception is made in the rules, as they are for Drain. See, you resist Drain, not damage.
>>
File: Bug Fixing.gif (7MB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
Bug Fixing.gif
7MB, 400x307px
>>53356734
Just grabbed 193.31, same issue. You can only pick Assensing now, but the free Assensing points don't apply and it still asks you to pick a skill group. Using sum-to-10 if it matters.
>>
>>53327548
xD
>>
>>53358231
Does Drain subtract from your health pool?
>>
>>53358302
Yes, but if it's counted as a different type of damage, it doesn't fucking matter does it?

See, your problem is that you're bringing semantics and reason to a CGL-written rules fight. Your weapons and tactics won't be up to snuff. Shoo.
>>
>>53358302
Gonna head you off before you try to be clever and hurt yourself

>You re-
sist the damage from Drain through a Drain Resistance Test; each hit reduces the Drain by one. Any remaining Drain is applied as boxes of damage to your Stun (or Physical) Condition Monitor. Drain damage, regardless of whether it is Stun or Physical damage, cannot be healed by any means other than the natural properties of the body—that means no magical healing and no
medkits. If you overdo it, you’ll simply need to make time for some rest.

Drain is applied as damage and cannot be resisted or healed other than with a drain resistance test.
>>
>>53358401
It's not resisted, it's negated. It tries to apply, Immunity goes "Less than me? No." and then it doesn't apply.
>>
>>53358602
Can't be immune to drain. Except it's -applied- to your stun or damage track, bypassing defenses and Immunities.

Are you not a native English speaker?
>>
File: p[.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
p[.gif
2MB, 500x281px
Is there any splatbook about the city of New York? Going to be running a game and I need a need more info about New York.
>>
File: New York.jpg (891KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
New York.jpg
891KB, 2560x1600px
>>53358988
Lots of them, focused on Manhattan. Market Panic, The Rotten Apple, and Neo-Anarchists Guide to North America at the top of the list, honourable mention to Vice, Shadows of North America, and Corporate Enclaves.
>>
Yekka, if you try to add Improved Ability adept power and try to cancel it, the cancel window till try to pop up every time you ever select any button at all, including the cancel button itself until you spam it enough. It'll then show up whenever you click ok, add qualities, or a ton of other shit.

I don't even know what the fuck.
>>
File: Robbie.png (845KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
Robbie.png
845KB, 1280x719px
>>53358267
Legit impressed by the train guy.
>>
>>53355402
Yekka, is that you? Are you a qt girl?
>>
Do you need to maintain Line of Sight to continue sustaining a spell on someone?

Can Material/Sympathetic Links be substituted for this?

Could you do that with Command Preparations for Alchemy?

How many Command Preparations can you activate at once?
>>
>>53360337
>Do you need to maintain Line of Sight to continue sustaining a spell on someone?
nope, only when casting. Otherwise Improved Invis. would be pretty lame

>Can Material/Sympathetic Links be substituted for this?
Sure
>>
>>53360337
Material/Sympathetic links generally are for Ritual Spellcasting.

And generally you can activate two in a turn. (Advanced Alchemy lets you do some strange tricks that technically let you do more, but it's probably easier to just delay a few and put them on serially.)
>>
>>53360519
>>53360415
Specifically, I'm looking at making a Bomber Alchemist, so I'm trying to figure out how I can do that without getting fucked.
>>
>>53360580
Bomber as in lots of AoE Spells to soften targets so the rest of the team can finish em up?
>>
>>53360580
If you don't need it immediately lethal, do this.

Make two Blast preparations on some kind of cheap drone. Have it go towards the enemy. Go into the Astral and Manifest so that you can set them both off without much risk to youself or the drone.

If you want to be really cheezy, do force 10 or 12 reagent 5 preparations.
>>
>>53360606
Bomber as in I'm basically playing in a mercenary campaign and I'm out pseudo-Demoltions guy, with a focus towards IEDs.
>>
Hey, /srg/, just got back from no internet shithole. What's come out since Cutting Aces?
>>
>>53361226
Book of the Lost: The Deck of Many Things, a shitty overpriced (and too easy to get) commlink and three shitty mentor spirits

Forbidden Arcana: You thought mages were overpowered? You haven't seen nothing yet. Highlights:
>If you are good enough at assensing you can buy a 5 karma quality that lets you see all positive qualities, all negative qualities, the mental stats, the physical stats, or some other stuff for 2 net hits each. Yes, you can now see whether someone has a SIN or is in Debt just by watching their aura
>Adepts can get a quality that let's them counterspell. Sounds nice? They need it because
>There's a new reagent: Adept Veins. Yes, it's exactly what you think. Best of all? They are 14R, not F. Removes all physical drain when consumed.
>Did I mention that blood mages get a spell that makes the victim's veins shoot out of their body?
>And lots of other stuff

The CRB got a version with the Master Index

Stuff to come:
Some infected book
Some book about Orcs and Trolls
TM book (ETA about the heat death of the universe)
>>
>>53361543
Jesus, time to get some super reagents, I'm downloading the book now. Are the mentor spirits worth a download of the card book?
>>
Gonna be playing my first rigger soon and I'm a little new to the drone rules.

Is it possible for drones to carry people? I don't mean like how you drive a vehicle though. I mean could I give a rotodrone a mechanical arm and have it pick up my dwarf and fly him up on top of a building? I imagine if I had two of them doing it they could probably lift me.
>>
>>53361543
>Best of all? They are 14R, not F.
You realise Restricted does not legalise anything you can do with it, right? And that it makes everything you do open to greater scrutiny? Having a license for adept veins is going to fuck you over, worse than having a licensed assault rifle.
>>
What kind of licenses do I need to have access to firearms? Also, are there any ways to gain legitimate licenses to use certain restricted equipment?
>>
>>53361971
RAW, you need a license per restricted firearm, a license for concealed carry, a license for restricted accessories, and a license for restricted ammo.

Any time you can get away with no license, though, you should.
>>
>>53361903
No.
>>
This is purely a hypothetical question at the moment, but I'm curious.

For a high-end assassin specializing in clean, silent kills, who wants to remove all possible evidence, what actual skills and gear are necessary? Just for the sake of it, say that you also cannot use any 'ware of any kind, including Prototype Transhuman things.
>>
>>53362227
Magic.
>>
>>53362227
Magic.
>>
>>53362373
and Bleach, don't forget the bleach.
>>
>>53362227
Sniper rifle, Talk to your GM about manufacturing special gel/plastic rounds that evaporate over time.
Boom headshot, by the time the investigators arrive theres no evidence.
>>
File: Bit troll bitties.jpg (237KB, 962x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Bit troll bitties.jpg
237KB, 962x1600px
>>53345695
this nigga knows whats up
>>
>>53327086
I'm GMing my first game in a few weeks. My understanding is that magic is a bit OP in 5e. What sort of nerfs do you guys use to balance it?
>>
>>53363824
It's not OP, so you don't. The people bitching are literally just memeing retards who abuse ware+magic.
>>
>>53363839
It says that it's a little overpowered in the GM guide, that's what I was thinking about. How about nerfing spirits, their stats and movement seem a little overboard.
>>
>>53363883
Don't let spirits move at the speed of thought during combat. Don't let spirits get hardened armor.

That solves most issues, but you may still be needing tweaks.
>>
File: tumblr_ondncuttgB1u8r0bio1_1280.jpg (110KB, 1000x701px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ondncuttgB1u8r0bio1_1280.jpg
110KB, 1000x701px
>>53358267
Fgsfds, right, it's the Aspected Magician quality throwing it off. Fixed in the next build.
>>53360012
No comment.
>>53359650
Rollback isn't implemented properly yet, so you can't cancel out of improvements. It's been driving me nuts for ages, but for some boring technical reasons it's a shit to implement properly.
>>
TM book out yet?
>>
>>53364510
Has the world ended yet?
>>
>>53349711
Them next. Pagans only. Tautha de Danann get out, Eire belongs to the Fomori.
>>
>>53364891
>The entire of Ireland being divided between like 1000 metas
I mean shit I know trolls are bigger than humans, but come on
What are the demographics on Fomori, anyway?
>>
File: The_Fomorians,_Duncan_1912.jpg (31KB, 533x337px) Image search: [Google]
The_Fomorians,_Duncan_1912.jpg
31KB, 533x337px
>>53364939
Fomorians, sorry, not Fomori. Ireland belongs to weird wacky monsters, not pointy eared pretty boys.
>>
>>53364953
Fomorians are troll metavariants in SR, chummer
>>
>>53365013
I'm aware, my character is one. But he isn't a Fomorian supremacist. He just thinks Eire should belong to everyone, so long as they're pagan.
>>
What would the most common building materials be in Africa, circa 2078?

I'm asking in reference to a character focused on Shape Material with Mystic Foreman.
>>
>>53365755
Soyboard? Bricks?

'Africa' is a whole damn continent, you'll have to narrow it down a bit for a useful answer.
>>
>>53365755
I think it depends a fucking lot on the location. In the cities you'll be dealing with Plastics and Metals like anywhere else. In the rural areas? Probably much like they are now, combinations of straws, dirt, stone, cement.

>>53365791
Soyboard is the name of both a building material and a food. Functions as both probably too.
>>
>>53365791
Somalia, mostly. We're playing a group of mercenaries.
>>
>>53365847

Definitely bricks, maybe wattle and daub in the countryside, and the usual metals, plastics, and yet more brick/concrete in urban areas.
>>
>>53360580
Alchemy is shit for anything that allows the target to have an opposed roll, fyi. Preparations are best used on things where the number of hits you get don't need to beat anyone else, because odds are they won't.
>>
>>53361921
Consider that a rotodrone is just barely capable of carrying an assault rifle.

If you want a drone that can carry you, Bullets and Bandages has a medical evac drone. Or don't be a cunt and just buy a Northrup Wasp.
>>
>>53363824
Actually apply the rule about spirits only doing what's in their narrow balliwick. Don't let the mage supersummon a big spirit with a lot of services and have it do everything, keep Combat spirits combat, Health spirits health, etc.
>>
>converting a 4e character into 5e

this is hell
>>
>>53367520
Easier than the game makes out. Don't change skills, update the gear.
>>
>>53367520
At least you're not trying to convert from 3e.
>>
Yekka, big fucking problem. If you're an Adept and take lower priority than what'd give you max magic, you only get PP equal to the magic it gives you, even if you spend points to raise magic. UNLESS you spend Karma to do it, THEN it updates, but only when you spend it, not if you spend priority points after too.
>>
>>53367536

>Don't change skills

Don't change skills? So a character that in 4e was the elite of the elite ends up 'Decent' if you transfer them to 5e?
>>
>>53367536
Trying to rebuild from scratch within the rules. It's literally impossible. I came close but Chummer glitched out because I was using 1300 Karma.
>>
>>53367573
By glitched out, I mean Chummer literally said I had 400 of 400 Karma to spend and augmented attributes of 0.

Not 400 BP. 400 Karma. This was after I saved and reopened it.
>>
>>53367571
Not 'decent'. Upper tier 'professional'.
>>
>>53367614

Still rather a step down in the translation considering the skill cap in 5e is twice that of 4e.
>>
File: tumblr_nlrvz9zwOb1sxm4gzo1_1280.jpg (73KB, 600x837px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nlrvz9zwOb1sxm4gzo1_1280.jpg
73KB, 600x837px
>>53364510
Supposedly there's something going on with the editing pool, several ebooks have been trapped in there for ages.
>>53367561
Hrm. I thought I fixed that. Try changing a power's level or add a new one or something. That should force a refresh.
>>53367598
Sounds more like the character failed to load; show me the file?
>>
>>53367633
Adding one fixes it, but still, that's real fucky.
>>
>>53367633
Already deleted and scrubbed the file. But I can tell you I was ignoring character generation options at 1350 Karma, character was a mystic adept, magic 6, power points 6, got some cyber, and saved. Closed and reopened and it happened again.

Had bioware compatibility and full leg left, synthetic, it helps. Adept powers that could have conflicted we're Improved attribute agility and the custom + enhanced agility.
>>
>>53367709
The augmented values were also [0] if that helps.
>>
>>53367630
Yeah, and? Translating skill 6 to skill 12 just plain doesn't fuckin' work.
>>
>>53367722

And leaving it unchanged doesn't work either. As that means any novahot hacker in 4e just dropped vastly down the totem pole because the edition changed. If someone's translating characters between editions they are not likely to be starting PCs (As you could just build them in 5e), they are likely veterans or someone translating NPCs.
>>
>>53367722

Depends what you are translating. Even el fuckhead the clown capped at 6 in skills in 4e but he wouldn't be 6 in 5e.
>>
>>53367633
I'm trying to add a Metamagic to an Adept after Initiation. Instead of presenting me with the menu, it's making me click through OK on every metamagic first because I don't meet the requirements, THEN popping up the menu. What.
>>
>>53367692
>>53367831
Should be fixed in the latest build.
>>
>>53367747
If you're that worried about preserving some semblance of explanation between editions specifically for a hacker; use the damn setting info you're given. The matrix was completely overhauled between 4e (early 2070s) and 5e (late 2070s). Any knowledge they had that put them at the top of the game in 4e is only good enough to give them a leg up while they try to match GOD's better starting point in 5e.

Otherwise, render the character down to pure karma and rebuild.

>>53367762
>el fuckhead the clown
Who?
>>
>>53368034
>Who?
Harlequin, I think.
>>
>>53368034
Harlequin.
>>
>>53367633
I don't understand this robot thing. I mean, what the fuck. Wouldn't you be super cramped in it? Even if that girl is a kid thats so tiny compared to that vending machine... AND it seems to have some storage compartment that the manipulator is extending from taking up space. Just, whats is the point even?

Why riggers? Why?
>>
>>53368096
I was working under the assumption she was missing her legs and the drone was cheaper than chrome.
>>
>>53368076
>>53368077
Why should anyone care about that wanker's skill ranks? He operates on handwavium.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170522-023744.png (2MB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170522-023744.png
2MB, 1200x1920px
>>53368106
Nah, im pretty sure you can see her knees. And look at those little itty-bitty legs, That thing can't be very fast. Ugh, i don't know why this bothers me so much. Please excuse my autism.
>>
File: C-QJChoXoAAOzKf.jpg (109KB, 942x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C-QJChoXoAAOzKf.jpg
109KB, 942x2048px
>>53368096
It's generally best not to question the motivations of someone who can remotely pilot a missile into your living room, I've found.
>>
>>53364510
see
>>53361543
>>
>>53367508
what if you have a health spirit that can't actually heal. Do you give them Innate Spell(Heal) and Innate Spell (Stabilize) instead?
How do you deal with Manipulation and Illusion? Do they get powers that help this or spells? because I don't think all spirits can do either and some have these spirits in those two categories

not trying to diss, just curious
>>
>>53369119
Alternatively, you could follow the rules;
>Aid Alchemy, Sorcery, and Study: As a service, the spirit can add its Force as a dice pool bonus to your Alchemy, Spellcasting, Ritual Spellcasting (for spell rituals), and Learning Tests if its type matches the spell’s category, as listed under your tradition (p. 279).

...and use Background Counts to balance magic.
>>
>>53369379
well, duh. already knew that
but I wanted to hear what >>53367508 does against the problems I listed
>>
Hey guys, i need an advice.
My player want an augmented spine, but i dont know what kind of bonuses this spine could give. Thoughts?
>>
>>53369413
>Crystal Spine
>10 karma, 1.0 Essence
>Able to cure paralysis from a wide range of spinal injuries and neurodegenerative disorders, this type of blood crystal is often seen as a miracle for mages who struggle with the decision whether or not to cripple their magic to regain the ability to walk. The bonded crystal replaces the spine itself, as well as core of the central nervous system. Though the body system being replaced is naturally fully internal, this type of crystal bonding grows to show small crystalline protrusions on the back running along the spine. Upon bonding this blood crystal, you receive a +2 initiative bonus and +1 Armor. This initiative bonus does not stack with any other initiative enhancement, whether it’s magical, chemical, or mundane.
>>
>>53369413
Ignore >>53369455
because that's fucking worthless.

Augmented spine is just part of normal initiative boosters, fluff it as that.
>>
>>53369482
Fuck off; it's a good starting point for riffing ideas on what a spine offers, and you literally follow on from that with init boosts in your own suggestion.
>>
>>53369514
>Link a worthless thing that does literally nothing
>Get corrected and direct guy towards actual things that do what he wants
>Back the fuck off?!
kys my man
>>
>>53369524
>"corrected"
I'm not your man, pal.
>>
>>53367891
Yeah, it's not fixed at all.

Make a sheet. Make it an Adept. Initiate. Add a Metamagic. Have to click through ~10 OK notices because I don't have every single thing in the game.
>>
>>53369482
>>53369455
So... basically, its just a Initiative booster, right? How this explained in fluff?
>>
>>53369575
That and some armour. It replaces the main part of your central nervous system with something that passes signals faster, and reinforces it.
>>
>>53369575
Reaction Enhancers replace individual vertebrae and mess with the nerves within and boost/enhance the signals somehow. Bioware version is an upgrade from biological RJ42 to biological optical fiber.
>>
>>53369563
5.193.36 is working fine on my end; what version are you on?
>>
>>53327086
>>53327086

My friend wants to run Shadowrun soon, so I've been reading the 5e PDF. Pretty pumped, it looks pretty fun.

I still know barely anything about the system and character creation, but I'm thinking I want to play a russian ex-miliraty type character who just loves collecting weapons, loves blowing shit up and loves drinking. Maybe a cybernetic arm and eye.
So I guess, street samurai or something? I don't really know.

Main thing is I don't want it to be like that time I picked barbarian in dnd and it was boring as shit and the spellcasters were ten times more fun than my character. How bad is caster supremacy in Shadowrun?
>>
>>53370030
>How bad is caster supremacy in Shadowrun?

Hah! Someday you mundanes will learn your place.
>>
File: SadJoe.gif (1MB, 290x352px) Image search: [Google]
SadJoe.gif
1MB, 290x352px
>2016
>playing Shadowrun for several months
>GM takes a break to do family stuff, says he'll get back into it sometime after Christmas
>don't hear anything from him or other players for months, decide to contact him
>mfw he says he doesn't want to run

Should I try to find a Roll20 game?
>>
is there a way to turn stun damage into physical damage as a technomancer

>trollmancer
>>
>>53370030
>The Calling ritual is conceptually a very old ritual. Awakened and mundane occultists are able, with the proper paraphernalia, to call a spirit.
You can do a fair bit as a mundane character. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
>>
>>53370122
Sure, why not? I mean, as long as that works for you.
>>
>>53370030
Street Sams can be very functional! Just ask your DM to give 'ware a price and availability reduction and allow betaware at chargen. Also play with more than the standard amount of karma if you ever want to play with a character that has more than an Arm of God + Wired Reflexes 2.
>>
>>53370772
Better yet, don't limit Johnsons and contacts to selling gear at black market prices. Especially when you've done them a favour and they have easier access to augmentations / other gear than bundles of credsticks.
>>
File: CP3171 Protect & Serve cover.png (5MB, 1672x2167px) Image search: [Google]
CP3171 Protect & Serve cover.png
5MB, 1672x2167px
What books should I be looking at if I were wanting to run a game with the players as law enforcement of some sort?
>>
>>53370808
That too. All the arbitrary restrictions on obtaining 'ware are honestly the most frustrating part of playing a street sam. Want to have a comaprable INIT booster to an Adept? RAW, you're going to need to offer 4x the already ridiculous price and have one hell've a face just to make the availability roll. Read the availability rules, then look up how high ware's is, and ask your DM what he'd like to do to help you.
>>
>>53371071
Get a second group. Make them the runner antags to the first groups Sec/law enforcement.
>>
>>53371335
But how do I do the sec/LE stuff? Is there anything on the internal structure of Lone Star and whatnot, or do I just have to extrapolate based off NPC stat blocks and things?
>>
>>53371364
Well, if you want them to be beat cops look for another setting, Otherwise you're just gonna be doing the normal runner stuff with a little different fluff probably.
Instead of stealing paydata you're finding proof of illegal acts, That sort of thing.
>>
I'm using a build with very high willpower here, a cyber-singularity seeker dwarf with all four cyberlimbs. This gives me access to a great willpower and a great full defense score as a result.

Is there anything I can use to make use of full defense more functional in respect to my init score given the difficult sams have getting a high init score at chargen, aside from drugs simply boosting it? Anything to reduce the penalty to initiative from the action or some-such?
>>
>>53371608
Discounting the initiative cost is sadly enough not an option. Boost your initiative as much as you can. You might also want to look at the positive quality that allows you to use Gymnastics instead of WIL. You will start a little lower, but a skill is easier and cheaper to boost during gameplay than an attribute.
>>
>>53371658
Is it worth it to take Gymnastics versus my 9 WIL? IIRC that quality, Agile Defender(?) only allows you to add your ranks in Gymnastics to the Full Defense. Is it worth it, long term, to invest the karma required to get 6, then 9 gymnastics, to reach parity?

Personally, I don't think so, but I'm quite curious if/why you think that's more practical.

Luckily, Full Defense is an interrupt action so I might be able to make it through some init phases being shot at by mooks who've nine shooting dice without it.
Unluckily, I'm designated as the group tank.
>>
>>53369119
I do give additional powers suited to the tradition's paradigm, because CGL fucked up and only gave one type of spirit Heal, iirc. So all Health Spirits get that standard, and they can buy other Health-category spells as optional powers. Same with the other categories - spirits can get spells from their category as optional powers, which is not super-broken in my experience based on the optional powers already available to them (naturally spells are up to GM approval based on what makes sense for the spirit to have, so there's no bodhisattvas spreading plagues).

And if the player prefers optional powers, there's always >>53369379.
>>
>>53371716
ummm are you talking about Acrobatic Defender?
Because Agile Defender lets you add your Agility instead of Willpower to Full Defense
Perceptive Defender= Perception instead of Willpower
Too Pretty to Hit = Charisma
I have found Agile defender quite nice with high AGI char since its more useful than Willpower.
Lets say you already have REA at around 7 and Ini at around 6. Full defense with 9 WILL will get you to 22 dodge. Jazz gives you +1 REA doubled to +2 with Narco bioware. And if you want to go full madman and get restricted gear React genemod gives you another +2 to avoiding range attacks. So looking at 26 dodge pool.
If you dont have 7 REA and 6 INI you can always slap Reaction Enhancers and Cerebral booster will help you with that. If you dont have the money Synaptic Accelerator is alternative for REA and Initiative increasing if the GM allows it to stack with drugs like Jazz.
>>
>>53372701
Actually nvm
Reakt seems to be chargen legal with avail of 10
so Reakt+Synaptic Accelerator + Jazz gives +3 dodge +1 React +1 Bonus to ini and +3d6 ini
>>
Page ten. Is it too early for me to make a new thread?
>>
>>53371716
>Is it worth it to take Gymnastics versus my 9 WIL?
Once a skill comes into play, you have to use the associated limit. No skill, no limit.
>>
>>53373199
It's too late
NEW THREAD
>>53373206
>>
>>53373218
>Spent about 20 minutes making an OP post
>looked for the perfect image
>You took it

I don't like you
>>
File: What Are You Going To Do.jpg (28KB, 335x333px) Image search: [Google]
What Are You Going To Do.jpg
28KB, 335x333px
>>53373257
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.