[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Conan & Fantasycraft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Conan.jpg (324KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Conan.jpg
324KB, 1024x768px
The other day there was a "stat him" thread, to which I responded too late.

Savage Barbarian Soldier 9/Burglar 4/Captain 3/Scout 4
Str 21/26, Dex 12, Con 15/20, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 12
Origins: Athletics, Sneak
Acrobatics, Athletics, Bluff, Intimidate, Notice, Resolve, Ride, Search, Sneak, Survival, Tactics
Great Fortitude, Rage Basics/Mastery/Supremacy, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, All-out Attack, Cleave Basics/Mastery, Darting Weapon, Sword Basics/Mastery/Supremacy, Ambush Basics, Glint of Madness, Night Fighting

or

CN Male Human (Cimmerian: +2 Str) Barbarian 9//Ranger 3/Rogue 2/Fighter 4
Str 22, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 18
Balance, Bluff, Climb, Handle Animal, Intimidate, Hide, Jump, Listen, Move Silently, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim
Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave, Combat Expertise, Mounted Combat, Rapid Shot, Far Shot, Longsword Focus, Longsword Specialization, Track, Endurance

Also, general FC or 3.5 thread
>inb4 "REEEEE 3.5"
>>
>>53324757
How would a world like Conans work?
What's the lore of Conans world anyhow?
>>
>>53324757

>Str 22, Dex 18, Con 18, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 18
>Almost every stat 18 or higher
>14 skills

Anon...
>>
>>53324815
Bronze Age with some low fantasy mixed in.
Generally, the darker your skin, the more likely you are to be easy.
>>
>>53324852
Easy to kill or bang?
>>
>>53324815
>How would a world like Conans work?
>What's the lore of Conans world anyhow?
It's basically a gonzo fantasy setting from the time before "science fiction" fantasy and "dragons and shit" fantasy were forcibly separated. One day Conan is breaking into a wizard's tower and finding ancient rayguns, the next day he's protecting a caravan of not-Christians as they try to move into Pictish territory, a week later he's fighting a dinosaur with a rock, then later he's fighting a cultist who summons an Elder Thing and Conan intimidates the Elder Thing to the point where it decides that eating the cultist that summoned it would be easier than taking on Conan.
>>
>>53324880

Yes.
>>
>>53324886
Well I'd love to play that.
Just go with my head and make an adventure with only "Kobolds but bigger and stronger" as the basis.
>>
I feel like since Conan armour is moslty chainmail and fur the defense is like 2 but swords and shit do 5 damage.
Your thoughts?
>>
>>53324836
Faggot....

also I never implied max ranks in every skill

>>53324985
I think there is scalemail
>>
>>53325127
I think you're far overestimating too anon. Conan may be a peak physical specimen but he's just a man. 21 str is overkill, 26 is insane. That's like crushing coal into diamonds as a party trick territory.

Also your conan isn't particularly bad at anything. He's (literally) god tier at some things and only average at others. From what I remember his char and int should both be in negative modifier territory and his wisdom and dex are only meh.
>>
>>53325631
you remember wrong, then. More likely, you're basing your knowledge off of the movies, which were not good adaptions.

Like most popular fantasy characters, Conan is good at everything, even intelligence (I don't think he's a genius, really, but if you read the books he's clearly very intelligent). He has the charisma of a king, literally. I'll probably be ninja'd by other people saying this.

He never meets another man as strong as himself (or even other humanoids), and he lives in a world full of strong men who fight all their lives. The 26 is from rage, btw, and no, it is nowhere near crushing diamonds territory, its not even enough to lift a horse over your head (900ish lbs, whereas a horse weighs about a ton). At max fury, conan can't even lift half a horse over his head, and he's the strongest man alive (that we see).
>>
weird how a thread gets like 8 replies in 20 minutes then none for three hours
>>
Reminder, book Conan is so smart, the only reason he's not a wizard is because he never went to wizard school.

The last "chronological" Conan story even has some texts where the evil wizard (who is pretty much described as Conan with wizard powers) tries to convince Conan to become his apprentice since Conan is both brawl and brain, something that is lacking in the weak wizards alive in the current era (the evil wizard is revived from being dead for thousands of years, coming from a time when magic was more powerful and people were more powerful).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.