[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Warhammer Knights faction focus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 19

File: 40kFFKnights1.jpg (187KB, 1000x542px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFKnights1.jpg
187KB, 1000x542px
I heard you like having 24 wound models with toughness 8

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/19/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-imperial-knights/
>>
File: 44f[1].jpg (32KB, 400x358px) Image search: [Google]
44f[1].jpg
32KB, 400x358px
>>53323602
>The thermal cannon is utterly lethal now. Heavy D3, Strength 9, Ap -4 and D6 Damage, rolling 2D6 and taking the highest when in half range, will leave many targets as nothing more than smoking craters with a single volley. If that weren’t enough, the cannon gets D6 shots vs units with 5 or more models.

>superheavy's main weapon
>HEAVY D3
>>
>>53323861

Is it d3 shots that do d6 damage each?
>>
>>53323861
1 hit has a chance to do 6 wounds, im ok with that. some smart guy figure out the average wounds for d3 d6
>>
>>53323861
and If your are firing upon a unit with 5+ dudes in it... 1d6 that do 1d6 each is the opposite of bad.
>>
>>53323861
>We made it worse, that's better, right?
>>
>>53323923
6 wounds to one model. It's like how St:D weapons work right now, excess wounds don't spill over from model to model. Blast weapons look like they're going to be really underwhelming for killing clusters of infantry in 8th, which seems a little counter-intuitive.
>>
>>53323923
7. But you also need to hit and wound.
>>
>>53323602

So all Titans can walk out of combat now?

That's pretty good. Never made sense for those to be bogged down by anything anyway.
>>
>>53323940
It's strictly wose against clumps of infantry that were less than t4, or who only had one wound. aka 90% of the units with 5+ dudes in.
>>
>playing a narrative game
>my opponent takes a superheavy detachment of imperial knights
>24w t8 3+
>charge with fabius bile
>inflicts instant death, other knights die to battleshock

how's 8e working out for you
>>
>>53323923
>>53323940
Wounds don't carry over between models.
So it'll do an average of 1.5 shots, and each shot does an average of 3.5 wounds. So 5.25 wounds to 1.5 models.
>>
>>53323996
It's not the same if you don't post the picture.
>>
>>53323998
d3 averages to 2.
>>
>>53324016
Okay. 5 wounds to 2 models if the unit has under 5 models.
>>
>>53323952

>Blast weapons look like they're going to be really underwhelming for killing clusters of infantry in 8th

Doesn't that mean most Titan level things are going to suck now?

I think most of them have main weapons that are blast weapons or come with many of them.

I also wonder what's going to happen to the Eldar pulsar weapon or the Ork foot of Gork spell given they both hit until you rolled poorly or everything under the blast marker was gone.
>>
Knight shoots at Knight
2 shots a turn
4/3 hits a turn
8/9 succesful too-wound rolls
16/27 that aren't saved by then invun
(16/27)*(7/2)=2.07 wounds caused a turn

It takes the thermal "vehicle killer" knight an average of just 12 rounds of uninterrupted shooting at another knight to bring it down by firepower. Within half range it goes up to 2.765 wounds a turn, out of 24. Gallants are looking a lot better.
>>
>>53324133

What's the best looking Knight Renegade you can likely build with the knowledge we have now then?

As I recall, they can double up on weapons that normal Imperial Knights cannot.
>>
>>53323944
Thermal cannons are much better now. They were shit before. There's fuck all point in a big melta weapon that still only inflicts one hit.
>>
File: 40kFFKnightsDetachment[1].jpg (64KB, 800x552px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFKnightsDetachment[1].jpg
64KB, 800x552px
Look at this.

Just look.

It's not IK only.

Prepare for 5 WK or some LoW Tau spam. gg no re
>>
>>53323993
No shit, it's an anti-big-thing weapon. The gatling is for that sort of unit.
>>
>>53324189
If 5 IK is okay, then 5 WK probably will be too.

They're overhauling everything, there's no reason to think WK will still be stupidly underpriced.
>>
>>53323861

Wasn't the previous version of it single-shot small blast?

Is this the part where we pretend that you were ever getting more then one hit with a small blast template?
>>
>>53324187

>There's fuck all point in a big melta weapon that still only inflicts one hit.

Was pretty good for dealing with parking lots wasn't it?
>>
Wait, do blast weapons still hit automatically, but now have to roll how many small units they hit/how many hits for a single big unit they got?
>>
>>53324189
Got a super-heavy? Now buy 2 more, you poorfag.
>>
>>53324168
Assuming Heavy 12, S6, ap-1, damage 1, the avenger gatling does 2 wounds instead of 2.07 to knight stat things (and the ap-1, is the lowest an ap3 rending thing is going to have, same for damage 1) while being better at everything else. It's probably still the best.
>>
>>53324250
There are no blast nor template weapons.
>>
>>53323892
yes
>>
File: 270px-Marsbaneblade[1].jpg (11KB, 270x201px) Image search: [Google]
270px-Marsbaneblade[1].jpg
11KB, 270x201px
>>53324254

>tfw 3 baneblades maybe will be viable
>>
>>53324250
No.
What were template weapons now roll to see how many hits they get (or at least the flamer does)
What were blast weapons now roll to see how many shots they get, they still have to roll to see if they hit from that number of shots.
>>
>>53323602
Can't wait for the stats and mostly the point cost of the Khorne Lord of Skulls. I unironically love that derpy model but never used him because of his retarded cost.
>>
>>53324227
It was 1 large blast. The blast is smaller then frag grenades, even the Battlecannon at least became Heavy D6.
>>
File: frog.jpg (35KB, 780x438px) Image search: [Google]
frog.jpg
35KB, 780x438px
>>53324221

>they didn't nerf eldar since eons
>in Eldar faction focus there was no word about even seeing WK or jetbikes as OP units (while it was about riptides etc.)
>you still have hope
>>
>>53323602
>24 wounds

So much for thinking a D20 will do as a wound counter...
>>
>>53324280

Won't those still be in trouble vs 3 superheavy walkers of any kind that have a melee weapon?

That's always been one of the reasons super-heavy tanks aren't seen as much as super-heavy walkers on the table, aside from the fact that most super-heavy tanks are still forgeworld except those of the Militarum.
>>
>>53324187
Deleting units of terminators.
>>
>>53324327
Well all vehicles can charge and attack now, Baneblade class tanks might just have a melee weapon called crushing treads or something, no telling how effective they'll be compared to a reaper though.
>>
>>53323952

Former high-STR blast weapons are in an awkward spot now. Since they can multi-hit single targets, they can't deal too many hits, or they'd completely blow away vehicles.

Stuff like the battle cannon will be an elite killer now, not an anti-horde tool.
>>
>>53324334
This will do d6 shots with d6 damage and AP -4 against units of termies now though.
>>
>>53324360
"a lot of Strength" exact number not revealed, but only hitting on a 5 or 6

damage is likely not going to exceed 2
>>
>>53324366

Problem is i dont see how they will want to coutner MSU.

Right now if even biggest cannon can only affect one unit, you can just use smaller units.

I wonder how they do Deathstrike missle for example. A fucking nuke that can wipe out only one unit? meh.
>>
>>53324378
Well like I said, I doubt they're going to be able to get into a stand up fight with an IK or a WK now, but at least they'll be able to fight back.
>>
>>53324376
If the termies had more than one wound they were insta killed before, d6 damage is a downgrade. Getting an average of 2.33... hits is also poor compared to large blast.
>>
>>53324398
It's like those submarine nukes you get in Fallout 4, which got barely any splash damage.
>>
>>53324366

How will the Ork Belly Gun likely be then?

It's a Strength 7, AP3 Blast that had a 3D6 radius.
>>
>>53323998
It gets d6 shots against 5+ sized units.
>>
>>53324254
There's very likely a normal FOC with one LoW slot.
>>
>>53324398
>Problem is i dont see how they will want to coutner MSU.

Vehicles can split fire, anon. Battle canonn does D6 shots, which isn't bigger than a MSU unit to begin with, and the hull/sponson weapons can engage other targets. Most weapons rolling more than D6 will be aimed at taking down hordes, as they'll be lower-strength and lower-damage, so you wouldn't take them against MEQ MSU anyways.

Deathstrike will be a devastating vehicle killer. You need to revamp your expectations.
>>
>>53324564
Didn't they show 3 different scale FOC without any Fortification or LoW choices? And Flyers and Dedicated Transports as their own choices.
>>
>>53324546
Great, it gets one more hit on average against guardsmen.
>>
>>53324189
>some LoW Tau spam
Yawn. Without Riptide Wing I don't see the big deal. I suppose they could cock up the points and make one of them too cheap, but that's what the ongoing points updates are for.
>>
>>53324608
1.5 more
2 -> 3.5

Obviously the giant meltagun is not specialized for killing fodder. Pretty nice against termies though.
>>
>>53324620

Not that it's a big endorsement of the idea, but don't three Stormsurges have enough anti-infantry, anti-vehicle and anti-air weapons to strike down a whole army on the table?
>>
The overwhelming issue I had with Knights was lack of customization. If my ENTIRE ARMY only has 5 models, each of those models should be totally different with multiple pages of options to truly enhance the individual character of each knight. I know in the first iteration at least there weren't options. You just ran 5 copies of the same guy, outfitted the same, doing the same job. It was the most boring thing imaginable.
>>
>>53324639
I said hits not shots. 1.5 shots hiiting on 3+ is 1 hit.
>>
All I read was "Tau can now field five stormsurges"
>>
>>53324641
Hard to say. They have a lot of guns, but remember they don't shoot twice anymore.
>>
>>53324398

It's also possible that truly unique units like the Deathstrike could have a "hits all units within X of target model/spot" rule, although I'm doubtful.
>>
>can make an army of SM, Primarines, IG, Inquisition and 5 Knights
>"Don't worry, guys, there's no formations, so it's totally ok!"

Well, I'm relieved.
>>
Eh. I have trouble being sympathetic. You want variety? Make a War Convocation style combined arms list.
>>
>no blasts
>make certain weapons inflict more hits if the target has x models
>>
>>53324641

yeah, hitting on 4's

three's if they anchor
>>
>>53324740

you should be, now those five knights don't hit on twos with a 3++
>>
>>53324850

because no tau army ever takes markerlights right?
>>
>>53324315
>24 wounds
Seems perfect for 4d6 as wound counters.
>>
>>53324903

which now let you re-roll 1's to hit
>>
>>53324189
Well fuck. Looks like I'm going to need another 2 shadowswords.

>We really need a Baneblade focus. What the hell do half those thanks even do now with the merging of the AP and cover systems and loss of templates?
>>
>>53324920

what dose stacking them do now? like if a unit of pathfinders lights up a unit with 6 markerlight hits. can you only ever spend 1 to reroll 1's to hit now?

if i spend 2 do i reroll 1's and 2's?

i havent really been giving a fuck about 40k every since 6th ed. but 8th is starting to get my attention.
>>
>>53323602
Just reminds me again of what we all said when those things first came out..

"At this point, why the hell would you not just play Epic?"
>>
>>53325227
Epic's dead
>>
>>53324915
>having multiple counters per model
>having D6s as counters

You're just asking for them to get mixed up.
>>
>>53325362
AT is coming back. Soon ™
>>
>>53325094

Nothing has been said about them stacking any more for the same thing. So you might get reroll 1s and still have points left to reduce cover if you want.
>>
>>53324699
>Tau can field 5 Tau'nars

Seems plenty balanced to me.
>>
>>53325094

only rerolling ones instead of BS boosting

so yeah, markerlights are worthless
>>
>>53325094
Stacking probably does jack shit outside of letting you pick multiple effects.
>>
>>53325700

Not worthless. It adds about +15% accuracy to a squad of firewarriors. 10 hits to 11.5 hits.
>>
>>53324302
They said "wraith constructs will still be terrifying"
>>
Something people seem to have missed

"Add in the inclusion of a 5+ invulnerable save against shooting – regardless of which direction the shots are fired from, thanks to their ion shield – and you’ve got a resoundingly resilient unit."
>>
>>53325700
>>53325787
It's not bad, and with Split fire being the default is should be easy to spread those hits out, but I'm also expecting there will be a more costly option for full rerolls. Like 3 counters or something for a squad to essentially be twin-linked

There shouldn't be any way to directly boost BS with them though, since them they're just BS 10 all the time by boosting to 5 and then rerol ling 1s.
>>
>>53324133
didn't the thermal cannon knight only deal 1 hull point, possibly negated completely by the shield in current edition?
>>
>>53325362
>Epic's dead
It's still got pretty lively community maintenance. And plenty of 3rd party manufacturer support... which doesn't even matter that much if you want to play Knight households, because converting epic-scale knights from terminators is almost effortless.
>>
>>53325894
That change is a little unwelcome. Having to spread the attacks out accross multiple arcs did actually add a little much needed depth to the game.
>>
>>53324593
There are like 12 charts.
>>
>>53325227

Scale's too small for my taste.
>>
so trygons do D6 damage now.
if they still have 6 attacks they're going to be great big thing killers.
>>
>>53326372
>Scale's too small for my taste.
For an infantry focused game? Sure, I get that. Regular 40K suits squad-level infantry skirmish just fine, no reason to change what works. But for playing a bunch of super-heavies? Or just general company-level action? Epic is fantastic for that.

Don't get me wrong, I totally get putting a knight in your admech army or whatever as a big centerpiece. It's an awesome model, works great for that. But the feel in 40K is still going to be "squad-level skirmish that happens to happen around the feet of a knight". For big-scale battle across a cityscape, my super-heavies vs. your super-heavies, rolling out whole tank companies or squadrons of fliers... I'll take Epic every day of the week.
>>
>>53325990
This. Between eliminating Tank Shock, armor facings, neutering reserves, MSM mechanics, etc, it really feels like the game is being painfully dumbed down.
>>
>>53323952
Blast and flamers are honestly the most mind boggling thing about this edition.
Though I guess Nid Hordes might have finally been thrown a bone since anti-horde has been wrecked. Nidzilla however is probably going to get shredded even worse than before now that blast weapons just drown them in wounds.
>>
>>53328114
Not really. From what we've seen stuff like the battle and thermal cannon are only doing 1/2 average wounds per shot. If Tyranid MCs get double/triple wounds to match some of the other stuff, then they'll be pretty resilient to big guns, while also getting even more durability against small arms.
>>
>>53328140
On a good hit, that Thermal Cannon can put 18 wounds on a single monster, the battle cannon is also capable of up to 18 wounds on a monster or vehicle. Meanwhile that Thermal Cannon's good hit will only remove 3 models. The battle cannon, 6. The Leman Russ we know has 12 wounds from the faction focus. Hordes are hugely more durable this edition against template weapons than single targets like monsters and tanks.
>>
So, do you think Knights will be finally fine for pick up games ? They are talking about them either dominating or getting dominated the moment someone tailors the list for them, but talking about it not the same as fixing and I'm not sure if the current changes help.

If there's two things I love it's knights and mechs so those guys are a perfect combination for me but since they're were so hard to fit into regular play without always having to warn the other person and them consequently blasting them off due to it I never got around buying more.
>>
>>53328114
>Nidzilla however is probably going to get shredded even worse than before now that blast weapons just drown them in wounds.
They dont really, though. With the change to the AP system most things that blew through a nid MC before are now giving them a 5+ armour save. Many weapons that were wounding them on 2+ now do so on a 3+ as well, and on top of that, they're getting a ton more Wounds.

Nids as a whole are looking a lot tougher so far.
>>
>>53328237
>the battle cannon is also capable of up to 18 wounds on a monster or vehicle
In the same way that a single guardsmen is now capable of killing a knight given infinite turns to shoot, yeah.
>>
>>53328256
>but talking about it not the same as fixing and I'm not sure if the current changes help.
I think it's fine just because of how they changed the scaling. A knight that's lost several wounds is not the threat it used to be, they go all the way down to 5+ to hit, at which point it's really gimped with its number of shots/attacks. As long as you bring anti-armor guns I think bringing it down to a weakened state shouldn't be too hard.

Honestly they look kind of weak, so we'll have to see how many points they cost.
>>
>>53328295
>A knight that's lost several wounds is not the threat it used to be, they go all the way down to 5+ to hit
They need to lose 75% of their 24 fucking Wounds to reach that point. With an invuln save and Toughness 8. You're insane if you think that sounds weak.
>>
>>53328237
>On a good hit, that Thermal Cannon can put 18 wounds on a single monster, the battle cannon is also capable of up to 18 wounds on a monster or vehicle

Currently 3 guardsmen within 12 of a riptide can kill it in a single round of shooting.
>>
>>53328237

Thermal cannon gets the same number of shots as battlecannon against units with 5+ models so it's identical against hordes
>>
>>53328312
I remain unimpressed with their offense. The volume is just not large enough. Who cares if it's still alive if it can't hurt you fast enough to stop you from taking objectives.
>>
File: zNyI6[1].gif (656KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
zNyI6[1].gif
656KB, 400x300px
>>53327904
No anon, you have it all wrong. The game has been needing this streamlining for a while! Now your tanks can charge into battle with your infantry, and you don't have to worry about remembering if they move differently!
Pic related, vehicle combat in 8th
>>
>>53328365
Their shooting is unimpressive from what we've seen. Their cc is not.
>>
>>53328365

>I remain unimpressed with their offense.

That's all super-heavies now isn't it?
>>
>>53328237
>On a good hit, that Thermal Cannon can put 18 wounds on a single monster
By "good hit" you mean 0.013% of the time.

That's one out of around ten thousand hits. Pretty good hit! And that's assuming you're shooting at full Ballistic Skill and the target doesn't have an invuln or feel no pain equivalent special rule
>>
>>53328416
I guess GW wants people to be able to have their centerpiece models stay on the table, which is a nice touch really. Nobody wants to invest in a baneblade just to remove it on turn 3.
>>
>>53325094

Remember split fire is a thing for everyone now, so no need to just mark one target
>>
>>53328443
In general it feels like things are going to be more durable. Deep-striking can't kill entire armies as easily, armor saves are harder to completely ignore and stack with cover, and methods of ignoring cover don't seem as prevalent.
>>
>>53326169
14 from what I heard. But "normal FOC" as in "2 HQ, 3 Elite, 6 Troops, 3 Fast, 3 Heavy, etc." was shown (along with 2 other that scaled up the number of slots with more minimum units required) and it didn't include Fortifications nor LoW as part of it. So it seems LoW and Fortifications will be their own detachments.
>>
The flat 6 damage on the knight's close combat weapons is pretty badass. I wonder What the strength value for them is? I don't imagine they would be s:user.
>>
>>53328787
Probably still 8 for the sword and x2 for the gauntlet
>>
while worrying about unlikable hordes, don't forget that twin linked stuff doubles it's shots now instead of just being more accurate. There are new tools to clear chaff with even if templates don't do it now.
>>
>>53328898
Fire raptor's gonna be even better.
>>
>>53328957
Holy crap I totally forgot about they freaking quad mounted heavy bolters.

Oh man no....stormlord, twin linked, Vulcan maga bolter, that if it does not move, gets to shoot twice, brah.
>>
>>53328992
i wouldn't count on all twinlinked guns staying as they are.
i don't expect we're going to get 24 shot flyrants either.
>>
>>53324189

TRIPLE-STOMPA INTO DA FIGHT!

*KRASH*
>>
>>53324446

6D6 Hits, Str 7, Ap -2, D3 damage per hit

This is actually a lot worse than before
>>
File: Stompa Mob.png (1MB, 1056x612px) Image search: [Google]
Stompa Mob.png
1MB, 1056x612px
>>53329284

Will that even be any good?

Super-heavy fire power kind of looks bad now and I'm not imagining they do anything in melee that you can't do cheaper with something else.
>>
>>53328992
>twin linked, Vulcan maga bolter

Stormlord doesn't have twin-linked guns, the Vulcan Mega-Bolter just comes with two (sets of) barrels, like storm bolters.

On the other hand...
>punisher
>vulture
>>
File: FUCK SHIT.gif (1012KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK SHIT.gif
1012KB, 360x359px
>Leman Russ has 3 Hull Points, gets 12 wounds
>Knight has 6 Hull Points, gets 24 Wounds

Assuming it is consistent and 1 hull point = 4 wounds...

>A Warlord Titan has 30 Hull Points, gets 120 Wounds
>>
>>53324189
>All flyer detachment likely
>Imperial Navy has a good chance of being a faction tag
Finally the true heroes of the Imperium have arrived.
>>
File: 1494964262730.png (480KB, 671x502px) Image search: [Google]
1494964262730.png
480KB, 671x502px
R I P
I
P
>>
>>53329320
Oh my :3
>>
>>53329392
>lose first turn due to being unable to deploy over 50% of their force
>>
>>53324315
use knitting stitch counters.
they're like 3 bucks each, go up to 100 and aren't bigher than a d20.
>>
>>53329461
Fuck that!!!
Be the man the emperor expects you to be, a mini abacus.
>>
File: 1495231191014.gif (163KB, 776x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1495231191014.gif
163KB, 776x1200px
>>53329317

It's a reference to this
>>
>>53323952
>>53328114
It's probably going to be not-uncommon for ex-blast weapons to get additional shots on larger groups like how the knight pewpew gun does.
>>
>>53329461
>go up to 100

Knight has 24 wounds (6 HP). If titans use the same conversion, Warlord could have 120 wounds.
>>
>>53329407
Kek
>>
>>53329602

That means a Stompa would have 48 and that an Orkanaut would have 20 wouldn't it?
>>
>>53329602
Yeah but to be fair, we have not seen the damage of Titan level weapons, for all we know a volcano cannon could be like 10 d3 hit doing d6 damages a hit at rend -5 or some shit.

I think Titan v Titan level stuff will still go down at the same pace, but the possibility of it getting bolted down exists.
>>
>>53329729
Knight chainsword deals 6 wounds flat. If other D weapons continue the trend...
>>
>>53329320
Wait what? what happened with the Stormlord 3 twin-linked heavy bolters?
>>
>>53329681
>>53329602
there's not an exact formula. Gorkanauts only have 18 wounds and dreads got 8.
>>
File: Khorne Knight.jpg (1MB, 1961x2323px) Image search: [Google]
Khorne Knight.jpg
1MB, 1961x2323px
>>53329877

>Gorkanauts

I hope they didn't reduce the Morkanauts ++5 to a ++6 since they downgraded the Imperial Knights ++4 to a ++5

Also, won't the Daemon Knight have access to a higher Invulnerable save than it's counterparts among other factions and a high number of Wounds to boot?
>>
>>53329947
Odds are the reason Imperial Knights got dropped down is because they don't have to pick a direction on their shield anymore. A 4++ in every direction may have been considered too much or something, so it's a 5++ all around instead.

Might still have that Sanctuary Relic though, which will probably bring them back up to it for one knight at least.
>>
>>53323998
Is that guaranteed for 8th? I'm pretty sure that Damage in AoS carries over to multiple models and it looks like we're moving in a similar direction. I'm wondering if they'll do the same "saves per attack, not per damage" thing as well.
>>
Finally finishing my 5th wraithknight, DREAMWALKER SQUAD IS A GO!
>>
>>53323861
Good. Knights are gay and I hate when people bring them. It's boring every time and I destroy them instantly with Lascannons.
>>
>>53330154
yeah its already been mentioned. weapon damage is only on the 1 model.
>>
>>53329947
Forgeworld will let you know when they roll out updates for all of their 40k stuff for 8th edition.

I imagine that'll be just before 9th edition hits.
>>
>>53324398
Pretty easy way would be "pick a spot on the battlefield. Everything within x amount of inches takes a hit".
>>
>>53329388
Necron Barge has 3 hull points and 8 wounds though
>>
>>53331591
Maybe you get less wounds if you were open topped in 7th.
>>
>>53329317
Remember that units like knights usually have more than 1 weapon. You probably shouldn't expect to kill a unit each shot now.

But you could probably kill most of a unit and leave them to fail morale at the end of the turn. A unit of 5 space marines that loses 3 guys would lose 2 more on a 6 and a unit that loses 4 guys would lose the last guy on a 4+.
>>
>>53328469
If gaining cover save bonus is the same as in 7th, melee combat would effectively be dealling with at least 1 less save compared to shooting.
>>
>>53325961
1+d3 hull points if you roll an explode on the damage chart. Still, you're right on the thermal cannon not being a very good tank killer in 7th.
>>
>>53331866
open topped is probably the 4+ save.
dread went from 3 HP to 8 wounds as well, but with a 3+.
>>
>>53332036
Well, currently everything we've heard on cover is that it's either a hit penalty for shooting in the case of stuff like smoke or camo, and an armor save bonus for terrain or walls.

Going after a Space marine in cover who has a 2+ save from it while you're also at a -1 from night fighting or whatever is certainly a tall order. And with Flamers and other things not getting around all of that as easily, melee feels like it'll be a much stronger option for getting around cover.
>>
>>53332257
>while you're also at a -1 from night fighting
I wonder if the -1 to hit modifier for things like popping smoke/stealth would affect close combat nowsince they are a different mechanic from cover saves.
>>
>>53332716
Well, we already have an example of one unit that used to have Stealth with the Tau sniper drones, though that one just specifies that it's a -1 to hit them as long as they aren't the closest unit. Doesn't specifically say shooting, but kind of rules out melee as a matter of course.
>>
>>53324670
It's almost like this type of army does not suit this type of game and should never been made an option in the first place.
>>
>>53332905
It sounds like they'd be fine if they just had a bit more customization senpai
>>
>>53332984
the renegades version were fine with that.

each weapon location could freely be equipped with any of the options that came in the kit for that location.
>>
>>53324670
If you ran a knight errant, warden, paladin, gallant and crusader, you would have an army with 5 different loadouts, each with a different purpose. Not to mention the carapace and hull mounted weapons you can choose from.
>>
>>53330218
Now you need 5,5 lascannon shots to reliably wound an IK. With a average of 3,5 wounds, you need over 38 shots to bring it down. That's A LOT of lascannons.
>>
>>53333932
Maybe just shoot the knight until it hits the last tier of its damage table (bs5+ ws 5+). That could save some shots.
>>
>>53334273
>crippling a knight
30 lascannon shots it is.

By the way, will techpriests now repair D6 wounds on vehicles? Or is that too powerful and it'll be a D3?
>>
>>53334273
Yeah, you only really need 18 wounds in order to make it a severely lessened threat.

I feel like you'll still want something meatier than a lascannon though. If that D-Chainsword is any indication though, superheavy weapons will be a good answer.
>>
>>53334489
I'm just glad it's no longer one or two lucky melta shots to bring down a vehicle or a superheavy. Veterans with meltas still can rather easily kill a walker or cripple it, but it's not guaranteed anymore so you need a backup plan.
>>
>>53334461
Uncreator Gauntlet will be interesting now.
>>
File: 1436137819296.jpg (18KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1436137819296.jpg
18KB, 413x395px
>>53325056
>put mine together as a Baneblade because OG superheavy/command tank for my armored company
>51 flavors of doombanestormbladeswordhammer are all getting worse by the reveal compared to bae
>>
>bought a warlord titan
>just in time for this edition to remove templates

lads
>>
File: 163788166181.gif (340KB, 500x213px) Image search: [Google]
163788166181.gif
340KB, 500x213px
>>53334750
>>
File: 1466318812245.jpg (41KB, 307x386px) Image search: [Google]
1466318812245.jpg
41KB, 307x386px
>>53324302
Dont spend a single cent on this shit unless Eldar get nerfed to playable by other factions.
No more dogshit, 40k you gotta make something worthwhile.
>>
File: ExhaltedCourtOfHouseTerryn01.jpg (72KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
ExhaltedCourtOfHouseTerryn01.jpg
72KB, 600x620px
>>53324189
Tailor made for the 5 knight super bundle
>>
>>53329833
I dunno, I'm talking about the VULCAN MEGA-BOLTER.
>>
>>53332984
but then you wouldn't be able to list the same box five different times on the webstore
stupid, stupid anon
don't you know how business works
>>
Since there's so much shit flying around in here and people being contradictory morons who can't add up

Can someone do a short summary?
>>
>>53323861
>doing potentially 18 str 9 ap -4 hits is somehow bad

WEW LAD
>>
File: 1495056521837.gif (2MB, 445x250px) Image search: [Google]
1495056521837.gif
2MB, 445x250px
>>53323996
>Brings a Titan formation to a "narrative" game
>T 20
>W 50
>SV 2+
>each
>Opponent sends fabious bile into combat with them
>he hits first due to assaulting
>hits
>wounds on 6+ (because everything can do that in 8th
>I fail my save
>His weapon is Instant Death
>Remove Titan from the field
>Remove other 2 Titans after failing battle shock

Oh boy 8th is looking good.
>>
>>53329388

Drop the trip sub-human and than you can join in the discussion.
>>
>>53325700
You're forgetting you can now move and fire Markerlights at only -1 BS. So even if they are less effective, they're much more mobile now
>>
File: 1494882636607.png (256KB, 476x477px) Image search: [Google]
1494882636607.png
256KB, 476x477px
I never ever play against these things. And even if someone did have any they'd never bring it to a regular game, why did they even add the fucking things
>>
>>53338923
To make
lots
and lots
of moneys
>>
File: fabius.png (175KB, 320x336px) Image search: [Google]
fabius.png
175KB, 320x336px
>>53334750
>bought a warlord titan
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.