[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

malifaux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 10

File: 1495145112849.jpg (2MB, 2500x3345px) Image search: [Google]
1495145112849.jpg
2MB, 2500x3345px
hi, i saw miniatures to this game and they are awesome! i mean daaaamn... Any one got some advice on where should i start with building my army?
PS. anyone know where can i find pdf books with lore and rules for this game coz im rly curious about story behind all these sets :D
>>
File: 1445963910704.jpg (34KB, 516x593px) Image search: [Google]
1445963910704.jpg
34KB, 516x593px
>>53319390
Is that the human life sized meme?
>>
File: WYR20322-Troubleshooters.jpg (220KB, 728x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WYR20322-Troubleshooters.jpg
220KB, 728x1080px
>>53319390
> Any one got some advice on where should i start with building my army?
Any "Master" box (like pic related) has enough models, that works together and can be fielded as a good crew. Later you'll buy some boxes in addition, but for the start "master"-box is enough.

Emoticons, like ":D" aren't welcome here. Avoid them, if you want to get answers.
>>
File: Leviticus Crew.jpg (153KB, 1600x446px) Image search: [Google]
Leviticus Crew.jpg
153KB, 1600x446px
>>53319390
Malifaux General time!

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 30mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.
Books;
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4- New Wave 4 Models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

Current Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules:
http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discord for Shitposting and other Wyrd related things.
https://discord.gg/p8sevqe

>My Box Is Best Box Edition
Which crew box is the best-looking?
Which is ugliest?
>>
File: Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg (2MB, 4011x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Colette Crew Day of the Dead.jpg
2MB, 4011x1333px
>>53320883
I'm personally a big fan of the Smoke & Mirrors Colette box for its somewhat realistic women, rather than Perdita's G-cups.

Admittedly it is far from the most exciting though.
>>
File: Banasuva.jpg (79KB, 726x960px) Image search: [Google]
Banasuva.jpg
79KB, 726x960px
Wave 5 Week 2 is up!

I've barely skimmed the document, but it looks like some of the whining has been proactively addressed in a somewhat satisfactory manner.

I'm going to go to the Wyrd forum and say that having Kandara (wife of Banasuva) get Regen when he hits her with Jealous Firelord promotes domestic abuse, which as a progressive company they should not be advocating.
>>
And now the Tanuki plays with the Tri-chi.
>>
File: Brewmaster Orange.jpg (1015KB, 2448x2972px) Image search: [Google]
Brewmaster Orange.jpg
1015KB, 2448x2972px
>>53322788
I think it's way less useful than it was though.
Or I guess it Tri-Chi synergises better, and schemes a little better, but it seems like the cheap Misdirection and letting a friendly teleport out of harm's way are more USO-ish abilities.
>>
File: Fingers.jpg (147KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Fingers.jpg
147KB, 1024x768px
Does anyone actually play non-Standard Encounters?

I'm thinking of having the next event at the FLGS being a 4-rounder, HH-35ss-45ss-50ss.

One of those rounds - probably the second - would be a story scenario, probably something like Supply Wagon.

Anyone played any good Story Encounters/Scenarios lately?
>>
>>53319390
If you value your sanity, don't. Malifaux plastic kits are the worst on the market when it comes to gluing them together.
>>
File: Mannequin Green.jpg (415KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin Green.jpg
415KB, 1600x900px
>>53324589
Far from true, but a semi-valid point - if you're used to Spess Muhreens or 40krap, they are way fiddlier.
As long as you aren't some cack-handed retard though, they are manageable.

And anyone that says they are the worst on teh market needs to try buidling some 1/72 tanks or something.

To be fair though, pic related came with separate thumb-blades...
>>
>>53324663
I'm used to infinity models, which have tiny-ass elements too, and malifaux is 10 times worse. Whoever cut the sprues had no fucking idea that humans are supposed to put them together after they're shipped out.

and yes, if you're used to well-laid out sprues and kits like GW it will be even harder.
>>
File: Mannequin Red.jpg (414KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mannequin Red.jpg
414KB, 1600x900px
>>53324763
I saw the same complaint last thread, and broadly agree with both main points made - they are terribly chopped up in the design-to-sprue transition, but they are also getting a little less retarded with each passing year.
>>
>>53322788
And got a dozen times worse because of it. I wish Wyrd would give up on the whole Tri-Chi concept.
>>
>>53325175
I'd agree if that was universal. But then something like Aesir comes along, with twenty twigs, and fucks it all up again.
>>
>>53325414
>Aesir
Aeslin?
She's got a million tiny pieces, but I don't see a way to consistently cast a model that intricate in good quality without splitting it into many, many pieces.
I wouldn't call that a failure of design or sprue cutting.

Three-part faces are a fuck up, intricate models are not.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.