[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ArmA 3 Tactical Roleplaying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: opus.jpg (2MB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
opus.jpg
2MB, 5120x2880px
Reposting this thread since last night, since it was a bit quiet at the time and I think there's still some potential.

Hey there, /tg/. I've been experimenting.

ArmA 3, the milsim FPS, has a game mode called Zeus. In it, one player takes the role of 'Zeus' and is able to edit a game session in real time around the players, controlling the story and the flow of the operation.

Naturally, I've been keenly applying tabletop principles to this and seeing how it could best be put to use to create an immersion, engaging roleplaying storyline. The last couple of nights, my five man team of players have been a recon fireteam hunting arms dealers in the West African jungle, tangling with both sides in a messy civil war, making plans and interacting with locals. I've got a way to go making it a wholly IC experience, but I'm seeing definite progress and potential.

Has anyone else here done anything like this? And for that matter, would any of you folks be interested if I were to run these sessions for a wider group and wanted some playtesters?
Or just generally give your thoughts or potentially helpful ideas. I'm pretty excited to make this work.
>>
File: SanCat.jpg (415KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
SanCat.jpg
415KB, 1920x1080px
I might also take a long hard look at Only War again, come to think. Just as inspiration for military storylines. There is a 40k mod floating around, though the quality isn't fantastic.

I'm still pretty impressed at the reaction my players had to getting to call in a gun run from a close air support bomber and actually seeing, hearing and feeling a Warthog utterly demolish enemy fortifications and armoured vehicles right in front of them. Getting to play with the big guns definitely feels more significant than giving someone a +2 magic sword.
>>
I wonder if it'd be possible to run a more shooty scenario of Delta Green with this.
>>
>>53311960
It would be interesting...
>>
File: a3_warphotography_red.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
a3_warphotography_red.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
>>53311960
I've already installed zombies and velociraptors as enemies on our modlist. Messing around with sanity might take some work, but there's definitely room for things to get a bit Weird Wars.
>>
Bump. If this takes off I'd buy Arma 3 just to do this.
>>
>>53312199
>taking cover behind a wall of thin plywood.
>>
I'm going to buy it and give it a shot with my group(if they seem interested, just mentioned it to them in our discord server), maybe try and make a one shot DG scenario with it.
>>
>>53312262
>what is concealment
>>
File: arma3_screenshot_02_hellcat.jpg (661KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
arma3_screenshot_02_hellcat.jpg
661KB, 1920x1080px
>>53312283
Drop your Discord tag. I can run you through how the Zeus/Eden editor systems work, recommend some mods, shit like that. Takes a bit of getting used to, it's a hefty game.
>>
>>53312735
I'm in if you want! I'd love to do this. #7532
>>
>>53312735
RedRevReyn#2027.
>>
File: arma3_screenshot_01.jpg (408KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
arma3_screenshot_01.jpg
408KB, 1280x800px
>>53312832
You need your username as well as the number, my dude.
>>
File: 1456318889298.png (591KB, 900x850px) Image search: [Google]
1456318889298.png
591KB, 900x850px
>>53312923
My bad here you go.
Redd#7532
>>
>>53313142
Discord doesn't think you exist, buddy.
>>
>>53314061
Redd#7352
I found out why! Man talk about a bad day.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.