[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best/Unique Traps you ever fell into or made?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Trap 1.png (314KB, 643x478px) Image search: [Google]
Trap 1.png
314KB, 643x478px
>Inb4 chicks with dicks
>>
>>53301157
Yes, but what if Tristan was the best thing I ever fell into or made into a Trap?
>>
>>53301157
My favorite trap is an ornate, expensive looking chest with a single word written in some elvish language on it.
The word is usually "Rats" or "Fire" or "Death" or "Swarm"
When the chest is opened, it activates a spell exactly like the word written on the outside (ie. Rat swarm, Fireball, Power Word: Death)

90% of players will eventually open it, simply because the curiosity kills them. It plays on the meta-gaming player concept of "leave no loot unfound."
>>
>>53301157
A dungeon was built by an egotistical Wizard in order to "test" Adventurers. In it, a wall with the laughing face of the dungeon's builder in the center, and a door on either side of it. The doors were ordinary looking, the carved face was doing that "Tomb of Horrors" thing where the face had a tunnel through the mouth, but they couldn't tell if it was just magical darkness or a Sphere of Annihilation.

"Choose the wisest path, adventurers. A wrong choice will lead to... DEATH!"

They decided to open both doors at once, to see if that screwed with the trap they all suspected was there. Touching the door handles triggered a teleportation trap, which dropped both characters into a different death trap. The Rogue was trapped in a room of copper and iron that kept ramping up electric shocks, and the Barbarian found himself in a room with springy wood floors that fell onto a bed of spikes whenever pressure was applied.

The lever to let them out was on the other side of the room from them. They survived, only to find a safe room behind the carved face tunnel, with the words "Only through ME is true Wisdom achieved!" carved on all the walls. I did mention the Wizard was an egotist. They fucking hated that guy, and this was BEFORE the greased stairways and Gelatinous Cubes hidden in the flooded corridors.
>>
>>53301209
>>
>>53301157
Your "sister".
>op can't inb4
>>
Generally, not a fan of traps in games in the sense that /tg/ often talks about... those "You fail. You die. Roll a new character" types. I like it when traps can be used to the players advantage.

Especially the good old "Automated Turrets" from PC games like Half Life and Deus Ex. Being able to get access to overwhelming firepower to handle a boss or swarm of enemies but not being able to take it with you to screw up the game balance for the rest of the campaign... That's pretty fun.

Oddly enough, though I've played a number of RPGs over the years, I've never run into a GM that makes those kinds of ultra-deadly traps. Granted, half of the players are usually useless to the point of "What dice do I roll again?", so that might be an intentional choice, on their part.
>>
>>53301157
Mechanical Traps? Or Ambush style Traps?
>>
>>53301410
GOD FUCKING DAMN BRANDO
ACTUAL SPOILER AHEAD: good thing the universe that resulted in reset and death of Pucci never had this bastard in it
>>
>>53301157
A door with "push" on it. It opens when you pull on it.
>>
I tend not to run proper dungeons, so many of my games lack proper traps. Though I did have someone clamp their leg into the same bear trap 3 times once which was pretty great.

I just like making faux traps out of hazardous environmental obstacles. Weak rotted out floors, crashed pillars barely leaning against a wall, that sort of stuff.

My favorite ambush involved telling players to go unhaunt a keep and it would become theirs. Now the keep wasn't haunted it was just a guy in a bead sheet spooking the local peasantry (to the point where his bed sheet did actually gain a level of fear through communal belief).
He lunged at one of the unfrightened party members (only the priest was frightened ironically enough) with a knife as they rounded the spiral stairs of the keep.

Fumbled his roll
Slipped on the sheet
Tumbled 3 stories
And broke his neck.

Turns out the keep was actually "haunted" by some fey creature who was afraid of the "ghost" and relieved themselves afterward. Much to its disappointment nobody would give it their blood
>>
>>53301157

Not best or unique but a favorite: Double Pit Trap

Works just like a normal pit trap but when someone falls in they see on the opposite side of the pit a way up via ladder, rope, handholds etc. As they walk over to it, bam, 2nd pit trap.
>>
The cruel vampire regime taxing blood from the peasants has finally been uprooted in our great revolution! Now the vassals and soldiers have gone rogue warring eachother for resources, deserters are raping and stealing, the instability caused farms to go unattended and trade routes unused, now the crops are failing and everyone is starving, our new government is already crumbling and the feudal lands are ruled by small bandit mobs. We have liberated the people!
>>
>>53301157
There was a door that had an illusion of being trapped (in addition to a real trap). No matter what was done mechanically to it, it still looked like the trap was ready. The room the door exited from was slowly being filled with poisonous gas. The trapped appeared like it would drop a steel plate and seal the door tighter.

Fear of the trap kept people trying at the door long after it was safe to open and leave...
>>
>>53303271
>Peasants
>Trusted with forming a system of government

You guys are the villains in your own story.
>>
I like traps the way Path of Exile makes them, mainly the Ambush traps.

Box of loot that, when triggered, makes monsters appear around the box. The box stays closed until all monsters are dead or disabled
>>
>>53303091
I'm going to have to borrow that one. The dumbass in a bedsheet thing, not the dying like a chump thing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.