[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EDH/Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 471
Thread images: 64

File: RubiniaSoulsinger.jpg (34KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
RubiniaSoulsinger.jpg
34KB, 223x310px
"Misread Cardname" Edition

Previous Thread: >>53278600

NEWS

>Commander 2017
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/announcing-commander-2017-edition-2017-04-18

>MTGO Banlist Latest Update
http://wizardsmtgo.tumblr.com/post/160343614814/update-mtgo-commander

>Latest Commander Ban Announcement
http://mtgcommander.net/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18588

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
http://www.mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
http://www.tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
http://www.edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
http://manabasecrafter.com/

>/tg/ EDH General Discord
https://discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
http://gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
http://magiccards.info/

>Thread Question
What's a mechanic you'd like to see return? Would you like a Commander focused on that mechanic or just a subtheme?
>>
>>53289924
>boardwipe insurance
He's a great blink target actually, that's what you should be using him for.
>>
>>53291298
"Great" is a stretch. He's an ACCEPTABLE blink target. The reason it was so good in Standard was because just juking a single removal spell with Restoration Angel was backbreaking- they thought they were dropping 2 damage off your board, but you ended up getting 6 more, and 5 life to boot. And it was great in multiples.

There's a reason it became a 2 dollar card when it rotated- it's just not that good in other formats. It's too expensive and slow for Modern and Legacy, and it's too non-impactful for Commander. There's way better blink targets.
>>
Thread is ruined, make another one.
>>
>>53291331
Just for you

>>53278600
>>53278600
>>53278600
>>
>>53291298
>boardwipe insurance
>having a 3/3 on the board

Thats fucking nothing.
>>
>>53291373
I mean, it's not NOTHING, but it's not great. If you're putting a card in as "boardwipe insurance", there's better options.
>>
>>53291373
Boardwipe insurance was >>53289924 argument tho', I actually think he's a better blink target.
>>
>>53291408
He's not even very good at that.

Oh boy, a 3/3 and 5 life at the cost of whatever blink card I used. I'd rather hit a Witness to regrow cards, or something that draws cards. The 5 life is basically a non-thing, and the 3/3 is mediocre at best considering you need Thrag and a blink enabler for it.

It's really not worth a slot outside of Beast Tribal.
>>
Best commander for mono blue artifacts?
>>
Am I missing anything?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/big-blue-deck-1/
>>
>>53291532
best one is arcum dagsson
>>
>>53291666
>Wincon (27)
>27x Snow-Covered Island
Is this a ruse?
>>
>>53291754
Can't win without em.
>>
File: Image (51).png (133KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (51).png
133KB, 223x311px
Any Boros bros have experience with pic related? I've been debating about its inclusion. I already have a Grand Abolisher and aren't sure if this is overkill.
>>
>>53292134
If you have a lot of trouble with people fucking up your shit on your turn, a single duplicate effect isn't overkill.
>>
>throw together a Zur deck
>bring it to LGS
>turns out everyone has a hateboner for Zur
what are some fun/novel things I can do with this guy? I don't like playing combo, but if I'm targeted with extreme prejudice based on the commander alone, I might as well be mean.
>>
>>53292295
Or you can keep it non-dickish so they stop picking on it.

If you brought it once, said "It's not a combo deck", got hated off the table, and then the next time you show up you start comboing off on turn 3, people are gonna think you were lying from the start.
>>
>>53292350
Good point. I really dislike combo wins in multiplayer EDH, and I would rather avoid it. A lot of the deck as it is now was taken from an Alesha death & taxes build, and it's kinda fun. What's really missing is cheap enchantments that actually get me closer to winning; nearly all the Zur targets are there specifically to prevent the combo players' bullshit (Aura of Silence, Rest in Peace, Blind Obedience, etc.). I recently picked up a Training Grounds and I would love for it to earn a home for itself with Zur...
>>
>>53292471
Voltron it up. Cram it full of silver bullets for the other player's combos, and then slap Edge of the Divinity and Steel of the Godhead and Helm of the Ghastlord onto him and just start doming motherfuckers.
>>
>>53291235
So what are the tribal commander decks gonna be, you think?
>>
Just finished building Xenagos. Anything I should add or remove?
>>
>>53292572
Forgot link

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/648410#paper
>>
>>53292515
Forgot I had the first draft of the decklist online:
http://www.mtgfanatic.com/decks/viewdeck.aspx?id=177124
I'll pick up those Shadowmoor-era auras. Is Phyresis degenerate?
>>
File: Image.png (117KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
117KB, 223x311px
This plus Sakura Tribe Elder gets every basic plains in my deck, right?
>>
>>53292134
I think it's fantastic. Goes in a lot of my nonblue decks and even some of my blue ones.
>>53293044
Yes.

Any feedback for this pile?
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/silas-renn-partnerless-extrodinaire/
Tapping Winter Orb eot to Improvise a Whir finding Tangle Wire is pure sex.
>>
>>53293044
Yeah.
>>
>>53288167
Hey mate, my brother runs Sram too.

Some cards you should definitely include:
>Bone Saw
>Cathar's Shield
>Spidersilk Net
>Accorder's Shield
>Paradise Mantle
>Kite Shield
And any other 0 CMC equipment you can find. Trust me, these will quickly become your favourite cards.

You can also run some enchantment removal:
>Faith's Fetters
>Arrest
>Prison Term
>Darksteel Mutation
Removing activated abilities from a commander can cripple many decks.

If you want to incorporate more enchantments then these are a good place to start.
>Spectra Ward
>Unquestioned Authority
>Flickering Ward
>Messa Enchantress

If you don't want to incorporate any enchantments then Foundry Inspector, Helm of Awakening and Cloud Key are a good ideas. The more equipment you can cast for 0 the better.

Celestial Crusader isn't necessary because we're going tall, not wide. Mentor of the Meek isn't useful because you're not running many creatures, and it's redundant because we have a draw engine on our commander.
I recommend swapping them out for aggressive creatures that create tokens. I know, I just said we were going tall instead of wide, but from my experience (and this is highly dependent on your meta) Sram is vulnerable to "player sacrifices a creature" effects, which some token production can fix.
Hero of the Bladehold and Brimaz are good options in this regard as they are attractive targets for equipment anyway.

Smuggler's Copter and Cultivator's Caravan are goodstuff vehicles.

Blade of Selves isn't worth it because Sram is legendary; all his tokens will be exiled. Even if they weren't, they would still only be 2/2's. Blade of Selves is best used when exploiting ETB triggers, which this decks doesn't really do.

It's better (and funner) to play five 1cmc equipment to draw five cards than it is to play one 5cmc to one card. In a Sram deck, Bonesplitter is better than Sword of Kaldra.

It's okay to not run many lands.
>>
>>53293200
Also Dead-Iron Sledge and Pariah's Shield aren't really good ideas, because the deck really relies on Sram being alive. Anything that kills Sram will cripple our engine.

Also, even though I said it's good to run cheaper equipment, you should still have a couple "bomb" equipment, like Argentum Armor, that you can tutor for with Stoneforge Mystic and Stonehewer Giant
>>
>>53292545
If it's as disappointing as the previous commander set, then it will be elves, goblins, zombies, humans/soldiers and their oversupported ilk.

I'd like to see more dwarves or minotaurs.
>>
>>53293465
I think it will be elves, zombies, goblins, merfolk and angels. Humans are too spread out in the color pool to have a coherent tribal deck.
>>
>>53293465
>>53293810
I think they're savvy enough to not do the really obvious tribes. They created Nephilim commanders to fill a hole in design space, rather than just heaping more cards into the usual color combos, so there's a good chance they'll use these tribal commanders to print some stuff for tribal people want to play but don't get much of a chance to because it's too undersupported currently.
>>
>>53293810
There are only 4 decks
>>53293868
They've explicitly said it'll be the most popular and interesting tribes (read: elves, zombies, goblins, werewolves, vampires, merfolk, angels or dragons)
>>
Anyone thought about doing a Hope of Ghirapur deck for 1v1 commander? Play with lots of mana rocks and cut off half their deck while building up to the biggest fatties. Cast him, attack and turn off their spells, then cast Ullamog. They can't do anything until your next turn, by which time you have the game in the bag.
>>
Rate my janky group hug but-not-really group hug deck. Anything I should take out, add?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/youre-gonna-draw-so-much-youll-get-tired-of-it/
>>
>>53293922
Yeah, "popular" is the operative word there. I don't think it necessarily means "popular" as in "the most widely played" tribes, I think it could easily be tribes people really like the idea of but don't have support for. You gave Werewolves as an example there, and I think that it's an apt one. A tribe that's definitely not "oversupported" or widely played, because it's significantly weaker than many other tribes. Commander is the perfect place for them to print premier support they couldn't or didn't print in Standard, either due to set limitations or powerlevel concerns.
>>
File: 1494668498163s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494668498163s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
REEEEE need suggestions for my commander to make it good please help! need it for this weekend!
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/monowhite-voltron/
>>
>>53294332
see
>>53293200
>>53293286
>>
File: Image (43).jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (43).jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53294332
Strata Scythe, Tithe, Gift of Estates, Angel of Jubilation, Wrath of God, FLICKERING WARD
>>
>>53294332
I wrote some shit here: >>53293200

The most important takeaway is to get all the 0cmc equipment. You won't appreciate just how good they are until you've played with them.

Turn 1:
>Plains
>Sigarda's Aid
Turn 2:
>Plains
>Sram
>Bone Saw
>Cathar's Shield
>Spidersilk Net
>Accorder's Shield
>Paradise Mantle
>Kite Shield
Draw a card, draw a card, draw a card, draw a card

Live the dream
>>
>>53294266
I don't trust them to make an actually interesting Werewolf legend.
I don't trust them to make interesting commander-focused legends at all.
>>
File: what_do_you_mean_im_not_popular.jpg (121KB, 570x756px) Image search: [Google]
what_do_you_mean_im_not_popular.jpg
121KB, 570x756px
>>53294624
>>
File: kek.png (90KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
90KB, 500x500px
damn 0cmc saw people play this shit until they get field wiped by some fag and kept starring at there field being empty form bullshit!
Thanks for the these suggestions im gonna start adjusting now im gonna scavenge hunt this shit!
>>
File: IMG_7429.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7429.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
How is Zur a "try hard earn instant hate" card? He doesn't seem that powerful, but I am far more of a Timmy player than I'd ever admit in real life...
>>
File: Stasis.jpg (31KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
Stasis.jpg
31KB, 226x311px
>>53294738

I wonder
>>
>Thread Question
I'd like new Extort cards, preferably noncreature. I wouldn't like an Extort commander though, since most Orzhov commanders already have a life drain theme. I'd just like new cards to use on the already existing commanders.
>>
>>53294738
"you may search your library for an enchantment card with converted mana cost 3 or less and put it onto the battlefield" doesn't sound powerful to you?
>>
>>53294738
>cheat aura spells into play on him
>hit people for 21 damage turn 6
>?????
>win game.

granted someone in my play group plays Zul and doesn't go Voltron and goes pillowfort control. It is super consistent and annoying.
>>
>>53294753

Now I get it.

>>53294821

I will never deny sometimes being dumb. The first thing my mind went to is grabbing Auras and going Voltron, which is dumb and a waste of his ability (I see that now).
>>
>>53294738

The problem with Zur are combos that can straight up win you the game on the spot, and the fact you can tutor them the moment you attack with him. It's incredibly consistent, and with the right amount of money you can even build a deck that 1 wins.
>>
>>53294738
How do you feel about Ghave?
>>
File: Necropotence.png (136KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Necropotence.png
136KB, 223x311px
>>53294738
>best tutor color
>best control color
>best general color
Gee.
>>
Does anyone have a half-decent Rakdos discard list? I just want to throw everything in the "rave yard" and reanimate my way to victory.

Also, what can I run to exile my opponents graveyards? I know tormods, but I want to run twilight's call and the like, and I don't know how to make it not-terrible.
>>
>>53295017

Literally never played with or against him.
>>
>EDH with a Memnarch controller
>Play Mycosynth Lattice
>About to have tons of fun stealing people's planar lensed islands from them for infinite pillaging
>Next player immediately throws out a Merciless Eviction

Damn it.
>>
>>53295177
Well, you know what he does? Take a peak and tell me what you think.
>>
>>53291532
Best? Arcum. Funnest? Jin "The Chin" Jan ,The Augur Man, Gitaxias.
>>
>>53291532
>>53291679
>>53295315
From what I've gathered, the Teferi planeswalker is considered to be better, Arcum is close behind.

The only two other mono colored "top tier" decks are Yisan and Selvala.
>>
>>53291532
Do you count Chain Veil Teferi as artifacts? Because then CVT. If you want something fun, Arcum is great because he tutors out whatever you want, but Padeem and Muzzio are both fun as little advantage engines.

>>53295387
You forgot Sidisi, Undead Vizier. Never underestimate the power of an easily recursed tutor.
>>
>>53295208
Smart man. Memnarch sucks to play against
>>
File: UR Commander.jpg (160KB, 889x310px) Image search: [Google]
UR Commander.jpg
160KB, 889x310px
Which one should I pick? Right now I'm leaning towards Niv-Mizzet.

I feel like Mizzix is probably the strongest, but feels like a hate magnet, and that wouldn't be very fun. How much do you feel people hate her?

Melek seems a slow, but a decent card advantage engine, especially if you have a few repeatable ways to manipulate the library (sensei's divining top, scrollrack, soothsaying) in order to abuse his effect. I bet there are several neat tricks you could pull with him.

Jori En seems worse than Melek, especially if I don't play a thousand cantrips. Could be fun with an aggressive deck based on prowess and cards like Talrand and Young Pyromancer, though. That said, I think this kind of deck would lose steam fast in a multiplayer setting.

This Niv-Mizzet is the one that doesn't have the infinite combo with Curiosity. It has a decent body and has an alternative way to deal Commander damage that also nets you cards. Assuming you're playing a longer game he could actually be very useful as long as it isn't killed on sight. How much hate does he usually get?
>>
>>53295723
>an alternative way to deal Commander damage that also nets you cards
No it doesn't. Pinging someone with Dracogenius doesn't count as commander damage, only combat damage does.
>>
>>53295723
Jori en actually scales a lot better in multiplayer, since you can draw a card on other people's turn's with her too.
>>
>>53295723
>>53295824

Ah, shit, you're completely right. That said, I could still ping someone to finish him off every now and then.
>>
File: Image (1).png (145KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).png
145KB, 223x311px
>>53295857

Well, but in order to accomplish that I would have to be casting at least 2 spells every turn (mostly cantrips, I'm assuming). I think it could be viable in a deck that benefits from a lot of small/cheap casting, but I'm unsure how powerful that would be compared to some of the other broken, more expensive spells a slower game-plan could provide.
>>
File: 1495063440131.png (146KB, 987x799px) Image search: [Google]
1495063440131.png
146KB, 987x799px
Could use some feedback on my Samut deck
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/17-05-17-planet-of-the-apes/
>>
>>53294793
We need that more than ever to make Brazil.dec
>>
>>53295723
Mizzix depends on your meta, though if you're playing against strangers who know EDH you'll draw aggro. Middling aggro though. Mizzix isn't the scariest thing to see and there's a good chance a more dangerous general will be on the table, but you'll have people wary of you.

I had a Melek deck for a while. It was pretty meh truth be told. You can get nutty with him, but more often than not you'll be wishing you had Mizzix instead.

I had a buddy run a Jori En EDH. She can get nuts if you're doing combo/control stuff. Like it doesn't seem like much at first, but start throwing down tons of rocks and she'll go bonkers. Especially if you have Leyline of Anticipation down. Also she's only 3 mana, so she'll drop down early.

But if you're just looking for fun, casual R/U that won't get you hated off the table Dracogenius is the way to go.
>>
What are some must have artifacts for an artifact deck
>>
>>53296053
Darksteel Forge
>>
>>53295993
You sly dog.
>>
File: first prize.gif (1MB, 320x232px) Image search: [Google]
first prize.gif
1MB, 320x232px
>>53295993
That's some good flavor
>>
>>53296053
Sol Ring
Paradox Engine
Chief Engineer (if Blue)
Cranial Plating (if Black)
Goblin Welder (if Red)
Voltaic Key
Daretti (either, if Red or Red/Black)
Palladium Myr + Myr Galvanizer
Etherium Sculptor (if Blue
Sharuum the Hedgemon (if Esper)
Tezzeret the Seeker (if Blue)
Spine of Ish Sah (if Recursion)
Ethersworn Canonist (if White)
>>
>>53295993
Besides the flavor, why no use of white for removal or board wipes?
>>
>>53295723
Melek has a selection of very fun tricks, and twincasting fat cards is immensely satisfying. combos very very hard with mana rituals, dont use them unless you are ok with this. Library of leng paired with looting effects is fucking spicy.

jori en is nice for being innocuous, gradual card advantage. She is also fairly ubiquitous, dosn't need a spesific build like melek, although leyline and vedalkin orrery are nice.

Mizix can be played super combo/storm, although x spell tribal is a cool alternative.

niv I don't have much experience with.

Consider keranos and arjun as well. Keranos is probably just better than jori en, and arjun is very very good at digging for combo bits/fun interactions. chasam skulker, psychosis crawler, alhamerats archive, lab maniac. Just about everything that triggers when you draw, keep in mind that resolving all his triggers gets exhausting. .
>>
>>53296262
Shut up Jeff.
>>
>>53296053
Whir of Invention is the best EDH card printed in years, if you ask me.

Check out me shilling my list as well.
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/silas-renn-partnerless-extrodinaire/
>>
>>53295111
Greel, Mind Raker
Oppression
Zombie Infestation
Leyline of the Void
One With Nothing
>>
>>53296388
>improvise can't pay for blue
makes it kind of wonky in 3+ colors compared to chord of calling, but probably still worth it
>>
>>53296388
>no thornbite staff
for shame.
>>
>>53295944
>>53295723
Jori En is definitely not an aggro commander.

Prowess isn't very good with her because you don't want to cast a dozen cards on your turn to buff your creatures; instead, you want to cast exactly 2 each turn and ever turn in order to trigger her ability as frequently as possible.
As such, you end up playing a lot of cards during your opponents turns, leading to more of a control style of play.

Jori En becomes much stronger in the late game when you've got down Talrand, Metallurgic Summonings or Docent of Perfection, along with permanents that lower the cost of your spells like Goblin Electromancer and Arcane Melee. Once you're at that point you can effortless decimate your opponents board state while simultaneously building your own.

When I first built Jori I filled my deck with cards like Kiln Fiend, Charmbreaker Devils Stormchaser mage, but the value they get out of instants only lasts for a single turn; your boardstate will fall behind your opponent's as the game drags on.

Also, you will be running higher cmc spells, and spells with that scale well over time (overload costs, kickers, "you may pay x," etc).
Typically, you'll play a valuable spell alongside a 1 cmc cantrip to trigger Jori's ability. It's like the role of cantrips with Jori is to make all other spells become cantrips.

I love my Jori deck but I honestly wouldn't recommend her over other Izzet commanders. She's only underestimated because your opponents expectations are so low.
>>
File: 1494748606582.jpg (9KB, 228x334px) Image search: [Google]
1494748606582.jpg
9KB, 228x334px
>>53295993
>>
>>53296388
Yeah pretty much my favorite card printed recently.

Bought a playset for utron in modern. But decided to turn the deck into something more casual.
>>
>>53294907
>granted someone in my play group plays Zul and doesn't go Voltron and goes pillowfort control. It is super consistent and annoying.

This. Either you have to have an answer to Zur every time he's cast - counter, removal, whatever - or it's immediately Astral Slide, Karmic Justice, Sphere of Safety, Ghostly Prison,. Propaganda...
>>
File: 1415445463442.png (32KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
1415445463442.png
32KB, 940x529px
>>53294701
>>
>>53292295
96 land
Treasure cruise
Zombie infestation
Elixer of immortality
>>
What went wrong
>>
>>53296876
Nothing? He's not the best artifact commander but he's great in the 99.
>>
>>53296866
Treasure hunt, treasure cruise. They draw about the same.
>>
>>53292295
MANA VORTEX
>>
File: Image (9).jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).jpg
28KB, 223x310px
Cards that should be banned I'll start
>>
>>53296917
>he
>>
>>53296956
Worse swords in voltron decks. Bad bait.
>>
>>53296956
Why? It's pretty balanced
>>
File: 1489677844659.jpg (101KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1489677844659.jpg
101KB, 800x1000px
>>53296956
>>
>>53297036
>exile
>land

vs any other color hmm

Blue
>destroy
>3/3 ape

Black
>Destroy
>Costs more mana

Green
>Destroy
>Costs more mana
>And a 3/3 beast

Red
>Shuffle into library
>Replace it with something that could be just as good/better
>>
>>53297069
It's almost like different colors have different strengths. Huh. White also lacks green's ramp, blue's draw/counters, red's damage effects, and blacks draw/amount of removal.
>>
>>53296957
Not my fault if Wizards makes everyone have a man face now.
>>
>>53297069
Are you actually complaining that some fragment of the color pie remains?
>>
>>53297069
So you want every color to be the exact same and equally strong at everything?
>>
>>53297130
It's 2017. All colors are equal.
>>
>>53297069
>>53296956
I would understand if this was Swords to Plowshares, but... Path?
Is a 3/3 really better than a land in EDH?
Is a 2 mana disadvantage for one turn really worse than a 1 mana disadvantage for the rest of the game?
Beast within is probably actually just worse than path at killing creatures, but it can also hit a problem noncreature permanent, which is fine because that's the kind of thing green is good at.
Same thing for red.
>>
>>53297069
>wants to remove the last semblance of the color pie we have
Yeah no, you can fuck right off. You're the problem with this game.
>>
>>53296920
>>53296866
Zur can't find treasure hunt.
>>
>>53297180
Just mull for it. Yolo.
>>
>>53297163
Yeah, go fuck yourself with a fishpole matey. If you want to play yugioh walk on over to their booth, but color pie defines magic and always has.
>>
>>53297069
BAN NATURE'S LORE

OTHER COLORS DON'T HAVE CARDS THAT GOOD
>>
>>53297519
Don't forget Three Visits, it's ten thousand times worth since it's a $50 card.
>>
>>53297364
Which is funny because the first decade of Magic is defined by a lack of a distinct color pie.
>>
So I'm going to FNM that does EDH, from what the owner said its not super competitive but I am still wary and plan to bring Gitrog to it, my list isn't fully optimized due to budget constraints, so any cheap (less than $15) recommendations for my list?

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/the-frog-is-loose/
>>
>>53297691
That's not entirely true. They still managed to keep up with some things, like they didn't shove a red "Destroy target enchantment." card anywhere in Legends.
>>
>>53297364
The problem is that they have taken stuff away from different colors, because they wanted to phase out certain mechanics from the game. Whether or not it's because of power, because it makes games last too long, because they were too hard to understand, or because they were "unfun".

Red doesn't get rituals or cheap MLD anymore, so they started giving it "impulse" style card draw. They have also decided polymorph effects should be red. I don't know why they have a stick up their ass for what kind of permanents it they can target with them though. Blue just got commit last set which can get rid of every permanent type but lands.

Green got fighting to remove creatures, along with other ways to cover up that weakness. It only makes sense that the other colors should get thematic ways to cover up their weaknesses.
>>
>>53296956
>making White even worse in Commander
>>
>>53296532

I think it's worth it because artifacts are that good
>>
>>53297364
You do realize that I was saying that guy was a dick for wanting to get rid of the color pie, right?
>>
>>53297364
Re-read the post you replied to.
>>
>>53298042
Yeah that sequence didn't make sense.
>>
Someone post the original fucking Bryan story.
>>
>>53298383
What does the bryan meme have to do with anything? Fuck off shitposter
>>
Anyone here ever have success with a werewolf deck? I was thinking about making a GR one but not with the recent werewolf legend because he sucks
>>
>>53298496
I just want to see it cause I missed it. Why are you so angry?
>>
>>53298542
Because its not hard to google the archives?
>>
>>53298551
You should relax.
>>
>>53298566
I am calm friend, just saying its not hard to check the archives for it, wasn't very believable for the most part at least compared to the police state LGS
>>
>>53298615
You're pretty mad, but ok. In the future you can just ignore posts you don't like instead of going nuts.
>>
>>53298383
Please stop shitposting and trying to force this bad meme. It wasn't even funny when it happened.
>>
>>53298652
Fuck you, you spineless pussy. Pretty sure you're the bryanfag trying to get more shitposting mileage
>>
File: hangarback.jpg (46KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
hangarback.jpg
46KB, 265x370px
What deck makes use of pic related the best?
>>
>>53298735
I like it in Newzuri but its a solid card for any artifact centric commander. Not sure how atraxa players feel about it
>>
File: 62.jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
62.jpg
64KB, 312x445px
Cards that should be unbanned, ill start
>>
File: 72.jpg (76KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
72.jpg
76KB, 312x445px
>>
File: 54.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53298813
>>
>>53298857
>Final Destination etc etc
>>
File: 158.jpg (66KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
66KB, 312x445px
>>
>>53298911
This card would be really good with norin.
>>
>>53299406
Yeah, you could just attack with him and-

Oh wait, no.

He would be really good with any cheap commander that can actually attack since you can just float the mana and cast him after.
>>
>>53291235
I would like to see a proper Jund -1/-1 counters commander.

Wither was established as primarily R/B in shadowmoor and eventide.

Wither got scrapped from Amonkhet. But -1/-1 counters now have more emphasis on Green and black with still some love in red.

Throw in some persist as well.

Everlasting Torment would have been amazing with Hapatra.
>>
>>53295208
Friend did this once and I put out a hasted hellkite tyrant. It was glorious. Mycosynth Lattic is very double edge sword in certain metas.
>>
>>53299580
Hapatra is pretty amazing as is desu. She can do really absurd shit.
>>
>>53299441
What the fuck are you babbling about. Everyone is in topdeck mode trying to get a land put, you have a 2/1, amd you can give worldfire flash.1
>>
>>53299661
Have you read Norin?
>>
>>53299683
Not recently, i forgot he had that attack clause.
>>
Will you buy the Commander 2017 decks?
I kind of regret buying the previous commander decks, because they heavily influenced how I built and improved the decks and I ended up with a bunch of generic decks with commanders that have been done a million times.
>>
>>53299702
Depends wich tribes they do, if they do dragons i'm definetely gonna buy one
>>
>>53299406
No worldfire is Mogis' banned wincon
>>
>>53299702
Probably at least one of them. The 2016 ones were pretty fun to play out of the box, and I really like Breya and several of the Partners.
>>
>>53299702
If wizards actually put needed reprints in them instead of being fucking megakikes like usual.

So probably not.
>>
>>53299809
What reprints do you want? Commander 2016 was full with reprints of stables.
>>
>>53299702
I'm conflicted. I'm thinking of making Grenzo, Havoc Raiser as my next budget EDH deck, with tons of token generation and a goblin tribal subtheme, but I'm wondering if I should hold off on buying any goblin cards and see if they release an official Goblin tribal deck in 2017 or not. It might be neat to see a Jund goblin legendary or something.
>>
>>53299826
No it wasn't.
>>
>>53299904
They reprinted sol ring :^)
>>
>>53299904
Pre-cons are going to be at most only going to hold about $80 worth of value at the most, closer to $50ish, so stores can make money off cracking precons and selling the value off.
>>
>>53291235
I actually really liked skulk and was shocked and upset to see not so long ago an article that offhanded said "oh and by the way sorry about skulk, never again. Our bad." I was floored! I wanted a Dimir skulk legend but fuck me I guess.
>>
>>53299842
I just finish zombie tribal and disagree with your thinking. Instead of having to wait months for a maybe, I just have it in the here and now, and if they do print zombies that will simply
Make my deck stronger as I swap in better, edh-pushed zombies. And if not, I still have it and have had it for months.
>>
>>53300225
While it was cool it had no depth. They removed flowstone from black and blue so skulk has no place in those colors. Had they made skulk when atog was first printed it would have made sense but skulk is behind the times.
>>
>>53300254
I don't think so. In my meta anyways, I can't tell you how many times I've passed on a board I couldn't swing into. Skulk rewards purposely low power creatures for never stalling out. I feel skulk prevents board stall. Tiny little slashes of 1 or 2 always safe to swing with. We have the smallest selection, like Tormented Soul or what Invisible Stalker, but I was hoping this was new ground to build on and improve, with interesting mechanics and skulk gimmicks.
>>
>>53300254
And, I know I'm already a dumbass but what does the flowstone ability have to do with skulk really?
>>
>>53300277
Skulk plays like shit with walls without pumping or a better form of evasion. Evergreen mechanics key characteristics shouldnt be "the most restrictive "basic mechanic"". While I personally love skulk as a mechanic and know that behind the scenes is secretly one of the best spells in edh that doesnt mean wotc can repeat those succesful designs and support the mechanic for years. I personally wish they would just put flowstone as the blue black combat evergreen.
>>
>>53300323
Make your dudes tiny so they cant block, after blockers are declared you pump them back up. Blues version of flowstone included shrinking and was used the opposite way when the stack was used with combat. Morphlings would get get big swing, then get fat to tank the blocker's damage and kill the would be blocker or gets in more damage than unbuffed if they slip through unblocked
>>
>>53300245
That's the other side I'm considering. Honestly, it would cost all of 30-40 bucks to build a Grenzo deck on par with my circle of friends, and I think that's worth having it for months before C17 is even spoiled.

On that note, are there any underplayed/hidden gems that would do well in a Grenzo, Havoc Raiser deck outside the EDHREC staples?
>>
File: 1472697890040s.jpg (3KB, 125x112px) Image search: [Google]
1472697890040s.jpg
3KB, 125x112px
>>53299779
>Mogis wincon
>Exiles Mogis in Process
>tilt out when you realize you didn't read the card
>>
Would Jhoria Wheels.dec be fun?
>>
>>53300734
It's hard to convince others that Jhoira is "fun." People will believe that you are tricking them into a Jokulhaups Blightsteel kill combo. Trust me, I played a Jhoira Warp World deck, and I always got my ass kicked only because I played Jhoira.

Arjun might be a safer option and kind of goes on theme with wheels.
>>
>>53300783
>I played a deck that slowed the game down significantly and no one enjoyed it why do people hate me
>>
>>53300727
>Exiles Mogis in Process

No, no, you float 4 extra mana, resolve Worldfire, and then cast Mogis from the command zone. The main reason they banned it is because you could just cast your commander onto an empty board like that because they didn't have the forethought to make Worldfire empty mana pools.
>>
>>53298911
I wish this was legal. I bought one for my Hazezon deck, and would have put it in it, if not for my friend pointing it out ot me.
>>
>>53301188
During the brief period it was legal, it was mostly just used as a toy for Jhoira.
>>
>>53300734
I don't think so, Niv Mizzle does the job better. Jhoira UR Artifacts with Wheels and artifact reanimation, then we're talking.

>Playing Silas Renn Solo
>Opponents tap out turn 3
>Untap and slam Tangle Wire
>Swing in with Silas, after no blocks are declared sac Wire to Phyrexia's Core and recast it
>Tutor for Winter Orb to complete my lock
feels good.
>>
>>53298761
I think Atraxa wants more loyalty counters, +1/+1's, thing's like ring of three wishes and infect if that's your schtick. I am considering it, but Breya would get more out of it.
>>
>>53301498
How is that a lock exactly?
>>
>>53301902
They get to untap 1 land then tap 4 permanents, so they quickly run out of mana to cast things. once I established enough mana I started saccing Wire eot to Core to escape it as well.
>>
>>53301961
You should use Icy Manipulator as well. Works wonders with Winter Orb.
Besides, how do you keep casting Tangle Wire over and over again? Artifact mana?
>>
>>53298761
Chasm Skulker is much better in Atraxa
>>
>>53300783

I second Arjun, if only because she is criminally underplayed for how great she is. My favourite deck.
>>
File: 42[1].jpg (73KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
42[1].jpg
73KB, 312x445px
>>53303269
>she
>>
>>53297761
Anyone?
>>
>>53297761
>FNM that does EDH
EDH is not a format that you can use for FNM.
>>
>>53297761
Gitrog usually plays a little bit more lands. You could add the Amonkhet deserts, they cost next to nothing.
>>
File: oUJMBn7[1].jpg (139KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oUJMBn7[1].jpg
139KB, 1919x1080px
>>53303439
Unless they rolled back on it, you could do EDH for FNM since at least Khans.
>>
>>53303526
Right, shit. I forgot they threw formats out the window.
>>
>>53303512
40 seems good I think.

>>53297761
I forgot the name but that 2G instant that is a FoF of lands basically.
>>
>buy new cards
>everything comes in the mail
>except wraith of god
>contact TCGplayer and get refund
>card actually comes like 3 weeks later in a fucked up envelope cause the post office fucked it up
>card goes from NM to played

should i contact the seller and pay them? the card is here and it will work but i feel bad for taking my 5 bucks back when the card finally arrived and it wasnt the sellers fault
>>
>>53291235
>What's a mechanic you'd like to see return? Would you like a Commander focused on that mechanic or just a subtheme?
Delve
the exp counters might be cool too
>>
>>53303694
If you feel bad then that's probably indicative that you've been happy with the relationship you've had with them so far. They probably will tell you to keep the card on good will if you but maybe not. Regardless if you feel guilty then you should contact them.
>>
>>53303658
Realms Uncharted.
>>
File: uktabi-kong.jpg (84KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
uktabi-kong.jpg
84KB, 480x680px
>>53295993
>>
>>53303741
its just a random seller but you are probably right, im going to contact them
>>
>>53296956
>idiots in this thread will actually bite on this awful bait
>>
>>53296956
path is like half of the reason i even use white in my decks
>>
>>53303276

I cannot believe it's not a grill.
Thank you for opening my eyes anon.
>>
>>53303876
To be fair, a lot of the Sphinxes are grills.

Not all of them, though.
>>
>>53303770
I wonder how many Uncards there are that would be completely fine as normal cards. This would be kinda fun if you could actually play it, since you go infinite with monkey incest if you had a token doubler.
>>
anyone else find it hard not to include necropotence in their decks?
it makes those decks so much better but its almost too powerful if you necro for 15 you likely have the cards you need to win within a few turns.
I guess you could just go and do it to keep your hand at 7 idk
>>
>>53304095
Sounds like you have a problem with dialing back your desire to win.
>>
>>53304104
pretty much exactly
I really cant find a happy medium between wanting to win and wanting to play a longer interactive game of magic.
>>
>>53304194
Have you tried the 75% thing?

The idea is that you intentionally underpower your deck a bit (building it at "75% optimal", for example) so that you can PLAY as cutthroat as you want without being an utter dick. Basically, it's easier to dial back the mean-ness of your deck and play it as mean as you can, than to try to force yourself to 'play nice' with a very mean deck.
>>
>>53304095
>almosy too powerful
No.
>>
File: Melek's ancrestral Recall.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Melek's ancrestral Recall.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>53303923
As long as they don't require dexterity or is absurdly broken, I'd allow some of them in my playgroup

Really, it would be more a list of what's allowed than what's not.
>>
>It's a Maralen Ad Nauseam deck
>>
>>53304339
I'd say you should add the criteria of "making the game irritating".

I wouldn't allow basically any of the GOTCHA cards, for example.
>>
>>53304225
>talk about necro
>posts text for bob
what did he mean by this?
>>
File: 118.jpg (79KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
118.jpg
79KB, 312x445px
>>53304375
Irritating you say?
>>53304460
I think he's pointing at "Greatness, at any cost"
>>
>>53304344
>Maralen
at least its not sidisi
>tutor for a nevermore
your move friendo
I actually do play nevermore in all of my white decks except my g/w selvala deck
It really is criminally underplayed when so many decks play staples and/or have commanders that are prossh
>>
>>53304492
>"Greatness, at any cost"
oh shit totes mist that
>>
>>53304492
>4 or more letters

>d
>r
>a
>w

>whenever
>player
>hand
>land
>card
>search
>counter
>>
>>53304497
The Maralen decks aren't OP, they're just boring.

Every time I see a Maralen deck, it's always the same thing: Maralen, Sickening Dreams, Dark Sphere, Ad Nauseum, 96 Swamps. It's not hard to "beat", no, but it's not fun to play against, and the people who play it always think they're so fucking clever for it.
>>
>>53304545
Gain. Destroy. Exile. Each.
>>
>>53304497
>Opponent plays Maralen
>Untap and tutor up Mindlock Orb
>My wincon is now 2 damage ever turn with your commander while I survive off of Inventor's Fair life
I don't get how people can play such a glass cannon strat and get salty when they get blown out.
>>
>>53304547
>>53304557
Ive heard about those decks but I think most of the glass cannon builds have shifted over to sidisi
the maralen decks ive seen recently have been trying to abuse ob nob or just some sort of black good stuff
>>
File: 33.jpg (67KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
33.jpg
67KB, 312x445px
We talking about un-sets again?
>Pic+Chippy Isochron scepter + Chippy lands
>>53304545
>Target
>>
Realized I had 10 tix on my account on MTGO from a few years ago. Are there any decks I can build completely with that amount?
>>
>>53304601
whats the sidisi version?
>>
>>53304658
its an adnaus deck that tutors for adnaus and storms out with 0-1 drop artifacts and tendrils
theres a couple of other neat cards that are used to generate mana but thats the general idea of the deck
>>
>>53304642
most decks before non-basic lands are going to run about 20 tix
you could easily build a mono blue/mono green deck for under 10 tix
>>
File: 126.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
126.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
>>53304618
Chippy?
>>
File: Image.png (116KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
Image.png
116KB, 223x311px
>>53304618
>tfw dramatic reversal is a real card
wizards are a fuck
>>
>>53304746
>nonland
>>
>>53304746
This card's art only reminds me of how much I despise the Jacetice League.
>>
>>53304746
Mana rocks or dorks plus this and Isochron Scepter?
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 178x248px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 178x248px
>>53304772
>nonland
>implying thats not broken as fuck
>>
>>53304772
Reversal + Scepter + Sol Ring + Darksteel Ingot.
>>
File: 144.jpg (78KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
144.jpg
78KB, 312x445px
Is this card bad? It's never mentioned here and I think it's a pretty good boardwipe, am I wrong?
>>
>>53304828
Blasphemous act will generally cost less in EDH and will do more damage the vast majority of the time
>>
>>53304828
It's okay as far as red boardwipes go. Blasphemous Act is usually "preferred", since it tends to only cost 1-3 mana when you need to use it, and if you HAVE to hardcast it for more to only kill a few things, you can. Chain Reaction is in a weird spot because the only way for it to hit big dudes is if they have a LOT of little things alongside them, and if you're just wanting to kill an army of little guys, you can do that cheaper and faster with things like Volcanic Fallout.

Basically, it does two things badly instead of one thing well.
>>
>>53304339
Uncards that are probably fine:
>__________
>AWOL
>Blast from the Past
>Burning Cinder Fury of Crimson Chaos Fire
>Checks and Balances
>Clambassadors
>Curse of the Fire Penguin
>Denied!
>Emcee
>Form of the Squirrel
>Fowl Play
>Free-for-All
>Gerrymandering
>Get a Life
>Giant Fan
>Goblin Secret Agent
>Greater Morphling
>Hungry Hungry Heifer
>Incoming!
>Johnny, Combo Player
>Magical Hacker
>Mine, Mine, Mine!
>Mise
>Old Fogey
>Once More with Feeling
>Organ Harvest
>Paper Tiger
>Richard Garfield, Ph.D.
>Rock Lobster
>Rocket-Powered Turbo Slug
>Scissors Lizard
>Team Spirit
>The Cheese Stands Alone
>The Ultimate Nightmare of Wizards of the Coast® Customer Service
>Timmy, Power Gamer
>Topsy Turvy
>Uktabi Kong
>Who/What/When/Where/Why
>>
File: repercussion.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
repercussion.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>53304828
I like it a lot. Worse than Blasphemous Act, but it's monored's second best creature wipe. Also pic related is a thing and I fucking love it.
>>
>>53304828
I play it on mtgo a lot its fine for multiplayer
>>
>>53304828
It's good, but outclassed by Act. Red also gets Jokulhaups, Obliterate, Wildfire and Xinye. It's not that it's bad but there are just so many other good wipes.

>>53304724
Post underrated artists.
Daarken never gets mentioned but they've done the art on so many iconically powerful and beautiful cards.
>Birthing Pod
>Bitter Ordeal
>Fetid Heath
>Form of the Dragon
>New Giest
I didn't realize how much of their art I loved until I looked them up.
>>
>>53304878
>Topsy Turvy would be okay
No it fucking would not
>>
>>53304893
Daarken is a pretty swell guy. I've met him at a couple of GPs.
>>
>>53304878
I want Staying Power
>>
>>53304746
>want to run
>hate the art
>hate the flavor text
>won't run because it's a fuckugly card from top to bottom
>>
I don't know what to stock this deck with that isn't just random goodstuff. Are there actual designated cards for dear old jarad?
>>
>>53304815
>Implying a spell, even an isochron-capable one, is playing on the same level as a static effect from an artifact
>>
File: 175.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
175.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
>>53304915
how does it work if you start on your end phase?
>>53304949
pic related
would you consider lord of extinction "random good stuff"?
how about hermit druid?
>>
>>53304949
For Jarad I like creatures that gradually grow big on their own, like Managorger Hydra.
>>
>>53304963
its literally the same effect
>>
>>53304949
Gitrog is jarads pet frog. Swap them and run jarad in the 99.
>>
>>53304963
Technically it's not a static effect, it's a triggered ability.
>>
File: why master.gif (495KB, 282x213px) Image search: [Google]
why master.gif
495KB, 282x213px
>>53304946
>hate the flavor text
holy shit thats bad
>>
>>53304828
It's OK? Usually you'll want to take Blasphemous Act first but you'll want more than one entry in the "Wipe" slot a lot of the time so depending on your other colors Chain Reaction can make the cut, it's second in monored or red/green and probably third in red/blue(/green) after Cyclonic has been taken into account. A lot of people prefer Obliterate or Jokulhaups but I find it easier to leverage something that just kills creatures in most cases, especially considering that Red tends to be "Overextend: the Color" and its big wraths destroy all common mana sources so it's difficult to have something in your pocket for faster recovery.

maybe it's just me but mass wipes are one of the few cases where I would fairly frequently take "or" over "and"
>>
>>53304968
Super awkwardly. The phases are backwards, but not the steps in them. So you'd start with your End Phase, which means the first thing that happens in your turn is "At the beginning of the end step" stuff would trigger. Then, you'd move to the Cleanup Step, where all marked damage is cleared off of still-alive permanents, all "until end of turn" and "This turn" effects end, and you discard to your max hand size. If any SBAs happen because of that, you do ANOTHER cleanup step. Then you'd move to your "Postcombat Main Phase", which is just a normal main phase desu.

Then combat, as normal. Then your Precombat Main Phase. Then your Beginning Phase, which would start with you untapping all your shit (and phasing happening), then your upkeep, then draw. Then your turn is over.
>>
>>53305090
I love it
>>
>>53305114
Also, honestly, there's an Un-argument that the steps inside the phases should be backwards too, meaning you'd start with Cleanup, then End Step, then Postcombat Main, then End of Combat, then Combat Damage, then Declare Blockers, then Declare Attackers, then Beginning of Combat, then Precombat Main Phase, then Draw, then Upkeep, then Untap.
>>
>>53304857
>>53304864
>>53304883
>>53304887
>>53304893
>>53305077
Thanks for the advices.
>>
>>53304979
In two cards rather than one (the biggest issue), with instants being at least moderately difficult to tutor for compared to artifacts. A DR stick is great, especially since it's self-sustaining, but if you have trouble sustaining a Paradox combo you're doing it wrong, and Engine is easier to find and the tools that get you there also get the stick, only you don't care what you imprint it with

>>53305048
True.
>>
>>53298383

>Some anon asked about how to deal with it when the most powerful deck at the table gets grumpy about being targeted too much

>Another anon (the guy who brings Bryan to the story) posts a story about how some dickhead at his table only ever targeted him and he never understood why

>First anon asks if he had the strongest decks at the table, and proposes that maybe it made sense to target him

>Bryan-Anon says that he was playing goodstuff and that goodstuff shouldn't be the target

>A bunch of anons say Bryan-Anon sounds like a dickhead for not understanding how goodstuff should be targeted in casual EDH.

>Bryan-Anon says that the guy who targeted him was a dickhead, and that the guy who targeted him a lot got deployed to Iraq and when he personally came to his house to say goodbye, Bryan-Anon told him to go fuck himself and slammed the door in his face. Then in spoiler text says "And if you're here Bryan, you can still go fuck yourself."

>A bunch of people responded with BRYYYYYYYYYYAN and random land destruction pictures. Someone made a deck list called "Bryan's Will" using Akiri and tons of mana rocks and land destruction. It sort of morphed the Sheoldred/MLD meme with Bryan.

Hopefully I have done a good job telling the story.
>>
>>53304946
>won't run because it's a fuckugly card from top to bottom
Summed up my opinion on aftermath (... and the card you were actually talking about for that matter)
>>
>Insurrection
>Repercussion + Blasphemous Act(etc)
>Vicious Shadows + Board wipe

Are there any other easy wins like these in mono red?
>>
>>53305306
Hidetsugu + damage doublers
>>
>>53305306
Kiki Jiki + Zealous Conscripts.
>>
>>53305341
>Hidetsugu + damage doublers
+life link :3
>>
>>53305350
Or just be at an odd life total. He rounds down.
>>
>>53305376
If you have more than one applicable doubler he'll overkill everyone, you included, without lifelink.

And sadly mana burn is long gone and with it universal fine life total control. Though I suppose it means your opponents can't fine control either. Guess that's what Phyrexian Lens (or anything else that permits pay or gain 1 essentially on command) is for.
>>
File: 82.jpg (151KB, 935x444px) Image search: [Google]
82.jpg
151KB, 935x444px
>>53305306
>>
>>53305441
>If you have more than one applicable doubler he'll overkill everyone
No fucking shit, sherlock. Thank you for explaining to me that if I multiply half of my life total by 4, and take that much damage, I'll die.
>>
>>53305465
So, you half-killed one person. Congrats.
>>
>>53305465
You mean Malignus + double strike
>>
>>53305477
Damage doublers and the like help. And a 20 life swing is still useful.
>>
>>53305477
usually you can kill someone at the table with it
esp if you have this thing called a combat phase
hit
>>
>>53305497
>Attack someone for 20
>Fling for 10
>20+10 = 40
OK.
>>
>>53305489
Still doesn't kill anyone. If you did that against someone with 40 life, it'd get them down to 10.

Granted, that's still a motherfucker of a hit, but it doesn't kill them unless you're going after the people who are lower.
>>
>>53305531
>unless you're going after the people who are lower.
That's what I was assuming. The tricky part of course is not getting chumped.
>>
>>53305517
>>53305531
>Fling for 10
>doenst kill anyone
you have more than one opponent
>>
>>53305306
you could always warpworld and cross your fingers that you hit purph/impact tremors/warstorm surge + a lot of creatures
>>
>>53305668
crap that would only work if the creatures created more creatures on etb or if you hit purph forgot the ordering
>>
>>53305228
You're terrible at telling stories
>>
What are the most viable competitive mono red decks? Not COMPETITIVE as in tournaments but decks that can regularly keep up in decently powerful casual metas.

Currently I have an Ashling deck that just isn't cutting the spicy mustard. I want it to stay mono red but change a few things around to be more powerful. The deck is loaded with stuff to make your shit indestructible and has tons of board wipes.
>>
>>53305737
Purph and Daretti jump to mind.
>>
>>53305737
Hidetsugu, or going with Daretti/Slobad for mono-reddishbrown artifacts.

To my understanding, basically any other mono-red strategy kinda... falls short.
>>
>>53305757
And Purples, I forgot Purples.
>>
>>53305755
>>53305757
I should have mentioned that I have a Daretti already, I tend not to consider it mono red I guess.
>>
>>53305737
Heartless Hid is a very powerful commander even in just a valuetown deck
Personally my favorite (actually only) mono colored general, urabrask I could see being good, we all know deretti is bonkers and feldon of the third path/kikki jiki are both very good commanders as well.
kikki actually isnt as fast as you might think despite having half of a combo in the command zone but you will draw hate
>>
>>53305783
So what you actually want is for us to tell you that your Ashling deck could be "Competitive".

Yeah, I'm not playing 'chase the moving goalposts' today.
>>
>>53305737
>>53305757
What about Feldon, Kiki, Zada and Krenko?
>>
>>53305810
>chase the moving goalposts
why is it that TG almost never understands when to use this phrase
>>
>>53305810
No haha, I just want to change the deck but I don't want it to be an artifact deck as I already have Daretti.
>>
>>53305832
>"Hey, help me with a thing"
>Give help
>"No that didn't count, I forgot to tell you other criteria"
>>
>>53305824
I personally don't find the latter three to be that "competitive". They can WORK, but they're not really very stellar compared to the all-stars (in my experience, mind you).

Feldon is a pretty solid choice, but I've always felt like he works better in the 99 for a Daretti/Slobad deck.
>>
>>53305854
>I want it to stay mono red but change a few things around to be more powerful.
Literally his first post
>>
I had this idea for a cube

rules:
>start with 30 or 40 life
>40-50 card decks
>the card pool is composed of goofy EDH cards, either collected from nearby players or ordered for cheap online
>everyone will have to draft spicy EDH jank and stuff to win due to high life totals and low power levels
>for example, drafting a damage doubler + big burn deck should be a viable archetype

thoughts? anyone tried doing something like this?
>>
>>53305854
>mono brown is with a splash of red
you know exactly what he means, jew.
>>
>>53305869
>Give suggestion
>"No that doesn't count"
>>
>>53305885
Feel free to fuck off to /pol/ anytime.
>>
>>53305892
>implying implications
green text doesnt make you right
it is indeed possible for you to be wrong and smug at the same time
>>
File: billy.gif (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
billy.gif
2MB, 640x480px
>>53305880
Sounds stupid
>>
>>53305892
He wants something that wins via red spells and not artifact abuse. Is that so hard for a low-functioning autist like you to understand that you resort to passive aggression?
>>
>>53305943
Sorry, can you tell me where he said "I want to win with only red spells and no artifacts"?

Because what I saw is "I want a good mono-red deck".

Moving. The. Fucking. Goalposts.
>>
>>53305905
>purposefully ignore the meanings of words
>not incredibly Jewish
wew
>>
>>53305959
I hope you don't play on xmage
>>
>>53305991
I don't, which is good, because I'd hate to open a game against you and then you yell at me because you SAID you wanted to play Commander, but apparently my "low functioning autist" self failed to read between the lines where you MEANT Alara Block Constructed.
>>
>>53305737
Purph, Daretti, and to a lesser extent Krenko and Zada. Kiki, Hidetsugu, Feldon, and Urabrask have game too if you want to go one of those routes.
>>
>>53305959
>Currently I have an Ashling deck that just isn't cutting the spicy mustard. I want it to stay mono red but change a few things around to be more powerful. The deck is loaded with stuff to make your shit indestructible and has tons of board wipes.
i do not see how changing to a deck that is centered around artifacts could fit this criteria, its reasonable to assume that im not alone on this.
>>
>>53306028
"What are the most viable competitive mono red decks?" was the question that was asked. He then explained he had an Ashling deck that wasn't cutting it, and he wants to stay mono red.

I'm sorry that I missed the invisible "This must remain an Ashling deck, I don't actually care what other Commanders there are, this must stay an Ashling deck with no artifacts that has to win via Ashling as an Ashling deck." text.
>>
>>53306028
As the anon who posted it, I absolutely agree with you, and I honestly don't see why that guy is so butthurt about it. All I did was forget to mention that I didn't want an artifact deck as I already have one.
>>
>>53306056
In what world did anyone say it had to stay an Ashling deck?

Do you honestly believe that the only mono red deck is an artifact deck? Are you literally retarded or just pretending to be?
>>
>>53306084
>All I did was forget to mention
That's the whole issue.

Every single fucking time, people ask for advice, and then explain why that advice "doesn't count" because of invisible fucking criteria they didn't bother to mention.
>>
>>53306109
I gave suggestions, and then you threw a fucking tantrum because "THAT'S NOT REAL MONO RED, IT DOESN'T COUNT".

No, I don't think that's the only one. I think that the -best- mono red decks, which is what was FUCKING ASKED FOR, are artifact based, because you need to use artifacts to shore up mono-red's glaring weaknesses. There are other decks that are better than Ashling, but worse than the artifact decks, but your crybaby ass will find some reason to exclude those because of some other criteria you conveniently forgot to mention.
>>
>>53306150
Nobody threw a tantrum here except you. Do you own a mirror?
>>
>>53306168
>haha, I know, I'll just insult him because I don't have an actual argument!
>>
>>53306150
I honestly think you need to seek some mental help, anon...
>>
>>53306194
>LOOK MOM I'M INSULTING HIM AGAIN
>>
>>53306186
The funny thing about your reply is that I didn't even insult you in that post.
>>
>>53298735
Food chain and him kill people on the spot
>>
>>53306210
I mean, part of me thinks you're trolling, but why would you intentionally make yourself look mentally ill just to troll people? I'm not sure what your end game is here.
>>
File: the tism.png (57KB, 570x380px) Image search: [Google]
the tism.png
57KB, 570x380px
>>53306130
>>53306150
>>53306186
>>53306213
>>
>>53306257
This is what preferring monored in commander can do to you, anon.
>>
>>53306264
>>53306257
>LOOK MOM I DID IT AGAIN
If you disagree with me, attack my fucking argument. Resorting to ad hominem means I win.
>>
>>53306300
There is no argument. Your argument is that I forgot to mention I wanted an actual mono red deck rather than an artifact deck that happens to be red? And it happened once, and you are still freaking out about it. Why? Why has this triggered you so badly?

Also, it's not like I said "YOU'RE RETARDED FOR SAYING DARETTI!!!" I simply stated that I SHOULD have mentioned that I already had a Daretti deck and am hoping to keep this deck more typical mono-red. And then instead of simply adjusting and trying to give me another option more in line with what I want, you've been flipping out for 10 minutes. Why? What happened to you?
>>
>>53306300
>literally has trouble interacting and relating to others
im not here to insult you only to inform you that you may have a condition known as autism.
Is this answer helpful?
>>
>>53306364
>Your argument is that I forgot to mention
Yes. My argument is that you asked for advice and then went "no, that doesn't count because of shit I forgot to tell you", just like every drooling fucking moron who asks for advice in this shithole of a thread.
>>
>>53306399
>argument
is is a discussion not a debate
>>
>>53306399
If this is the way you give "advice", I don't think anybody in this thread would miss it
>>
>>53306399
But I actually apologized and admitted I was wrong before you even started flipping out so, honestly, what is wrong with you?
>>
>>53306364
Mono-red without a brown splash is shit. Mono blue, green, and black can be okay, even good, mono white and red are shit without brown support.
>>
File: Dragons EDH.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons EDH.png
3MB, 1538x872px
you and your 9 friends pick edh decks based on these legends
which do think get picked first and which are left to be picked last?
>>
>>53306466
The deck has artifacts in it, but it's not centered around artifacts. I have a red artifact deck already in Daretti.

I don't know, part of me wants to make it Boros with Gisela as it'll double the damage my burn wipes do, however then it'll half the damage my burn wipes do to my own guys who benefit greatly from taking that damage (Stuffy Doll, Mogg Maniac etc).

Having white would give me access to a few more guys that have those type of effects. I'm also considering Oros, but he's expensive and his ability takes mana away from my big X burn wipes.

I'm conflicted, which is why I also was considering keeping it mono red and just swapping out the key components but leaving all the staples. Which is why I asked the question in the first place.
>>
File: Dragons.png (3MB, 1538x872px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons.png
3MB, 1538x872px
>>53306545
whoops wrong image those are my personal decks :3
>>
I want to build a spellslinger deck edh, should i go with wort or dranlu? Also what's your guy's experience with either one of them? Are they fun?
>>
>>53306565
Intet or Vorosh get picked first, Rith gets picked last.
>>
>>53306598
Wort. She makes your big, flashy spells all the more fun with her ability and Gruul is an interesting color combo for spellslinger.
>>
File: download (10).jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (10).jpg
8KB, 300x168px
>>53306545
>implying i have 9 or more friends
>>
File: 135.jpg (75KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
75KB, 312x445px
tips on building pic related?
my brother refuses to play nath says hes too slow and costs 5 mana
he also refuses to take my advice because im his brother and hes a stubborn man
he gets stomped hard by our extremely shitty meta
-5c timmy stuff
-the random deck
-zergo tokens w/o MLD
-Sydri, Galvanic Genius artifact stuff
>>
File: 1491248432479.png (402KB, 598x1021px) Image search: [Google]
1491248432479.png
402KB, 598x1021px
>>53306679
i..ill be your friend :3
>>
>>53306598
Dralnu lends himself to Doomsday wincons, flashing back hand disruption like Mind Twist or even Duress is also value. Wort is great with a decent swarm of gobbos and some land destruction spells, especially the one that has a ritual stapled on.
>>53306565
My first pick is Crosis, these guys cost a fuckton of mana and none of them naturally have haste. Spot removing them is pretty devastating and grixis is king in removal.
>>
>>53306715
Ew don't touch me you weeb.
>>
>>53304878
>not Frank Peanuts
>>
>>53305144
>combat is now useless
>>
Is it true that 100% of adults who play magic AND watch anime are autistic? I mean, surely you can do one or the other but doing both clearly points towards autism right?
>>
>>53306565
Give me Crosis and stand back.
>>
File: 1478531511337.gif (2MB, 500x360px) Image search: [Google]
1478531511337.gif
2MB, 500x360px
>>53306823
but im a real girl(male)!
>>
>>53306812
>grixis is king in removal.
That's a funny way of spelling Mardu.
>>
>>53306945
thats even fucking worse
>>
>>53307086
I'd rather have countermagic and Cyclonic Rift than white desu.
>>
>>53306835
Frankie Peanuts would be fine if not for the nonzero overlap between Magic players and people who know the solutions to logic puzzles.

"Is the answer to this question the same as the answer to the question 'Will you concede at the beginning of my precombat main phase this turn?' ?"
>>
>>53307132
>He doesn't want 6 million wraths, armageddon, and cheap exile like swords and path.

But seriously, Blue is undoubtable the better all-around color but you can't beat white's removal, and that's all I was talking about -- removal, particularly spot removal, as you said.
>>
>>53307143
>No
>maybe
wow that was hard
>implying its needs to be a yes or no answer
>>
Is Black White Red the worst 3 color combination in EDH?

>No ramp
>Subpar card draw

All it has is board wipes.
>>
>>53307377
probably but there are at least 2 really good generals in those colors that even the highest tier players recognize as good
mld zergo and dickgirl who smiles at cock both represent easy ways to get quick wins also
>black
>subpar draw
no
>no ramp
>using anything other than rocks to ramp in the 2017th year of our lord
>>
>>53307377
Black has the best tutors in the game. You don't need draw when you can just Demonic Tutor the card you need into your hand. But yes, you'd get better ramp from green and better control from blue.
>>
>>53307377
It's probably the worst, but it's still not horrid. Red and White's biggest problem is lack of card draw and ramp, and Black provides arguably the second-best card draw, and inarguably the best tutors available. That helps to shore up a lot of the weakness.

Ramp still sucks.
>>
What's the most fun tribe in 2-3 colors to play? I tried goblins and elves but they were kinda boring and samey every time I played the deck. I'd love to do Atogatog, but I don't have a good enough 5c land base to keep up with my local meta.
>>
>>53307497
Honestly, Atog tribal wouldn't even be that good because the Atogs don't synergize worth a shit.
>>
>>53307497
Tribal is naturally boring and samey.
>>
>>53307510
the plan for that deck was "tutor for enchanted evening/mycosynth lattice and sacrifice your entire board to one-shot someone"

It'd be pretty funny in 1 on 1 games.
>>
>>53307497
Kangee Birds feat. Costal Piracy and Bident.
>>
>>53307545
It'd be pretty funny like, once. And then you'd get bored of it.
>>
>>53307531
a lot of my meta is combo and control decks, and when there is an aggro deck it's a xenagos "swing for 60" sort of deal. i want to build a deck that plays a few dudes and lords and turns them sideways. zombies seem neat, but there's already a zombie player in my meta and i'd rather not bring the same deck.
>>
>>53307545
Sounds kinda boring and samey.
>>
>>53307569
>Not using Ishai/Reyhan + Atraxa and all proliferate to make giant Kangee + giant Ishai
>>
>>53307497
Esper Sphinxes.
>>
>>53307571
>>53307604
yeah, that's another big reason i abandoned the concept.
>>
>>53307614
>unironically using half commanders
>>
>>53307252
>Answering 'No' to the trick question that results in a frankie-forced concession if you answer either yes or no cleanly
>Allowing Frankie but also allowing answers of 'maybe', completely eliminating his ability

You're not very good at this. Frankie needs to stay in the beer-and-pretzels land of gentelmen's agreements that silver-bordered cards naturally inhabit.

To >>53304878 I'd say that I'd like to see a blackborderized Staying Power (like Cheese Stands Alone became Barren Glory or Mine, Mine, Mine! basically morphed into Enter the Infinite)
>>
>>53307252
>Implying its needs to be a yes or no answer
The card literally says to ask a yes or no question.
>>
>>53307674
A black bordered Staying Power would be a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>53307626
>not taking advantage of a 9th card in hand at all times

You're a silly guy, guy.
>>
>>53307531
There are a couple tribes you can take in weird directions with multiple game plans. Knights (B or WB with Haakon to make changeling spells do horrible things) and Wizards spring to mind for me.
>>
>>53307700
Lol it's just a game bro don't be such a try hard lol
>>
>>53307713
Why do with two what you can do with one?
>>
>>53307736
in that case I think I'll just start the game with all of my combo pieces already on board, and two copies of Privileged Position, and a Grand Abolisher, so I can win on my upkeep

And you can't get mad because lol it's just a game bro
>>
>>53307757
Why do with one what you can do with two?

Also there are green and black birds, duh. You don't want to kill someone with a 14/15 Birds of Paradise?
>>
>>53307719
Still sounds kinda boring and samey.
>>
>>53307776
I'd rather keep the number of cards required for me to get there to a minimum.
>birds
Or I could draw my deck and smoke 3+ opponents at once. But hey, to each his own.
>>
>>53307709
Worse than the contorted shit that Opalescence, Bludgeon Brawl, and other wacky rule breaker enchantments can already pull off?

Admittedly, the memory issues would be bad. Bit at least that's memory issues and not "Immediately either breaks the game or collapses like a flan in the cupboard on contact with black-bordered play" issues.
>>
>>53307823
With Kangee?
>>
>>53307497
>most fun tribe in 2-3 colors to play
IMHO humans
bant and U/W have been very fun for human tribal in my experience
ephara humans being my favorite
>>
>>53307763
Now you're getting it lol!
>>
>>53307713
>9th card in hand at all times
... benefits you very little if it's a garbage card that turned #8 to garbage too. Card advantage is only as good as your cards and MOST partners are trash. There's one good one and a couple that are acceptable.
>>
>>53307845
Obviously not.
>>
>>53307872
>Not running Partners

You guys are legitimately retarded if you think Partners are underpowered.
>>
>>53307674
you can say no then negatory
>gentleman's agreements
>trying to catch someone with Talmudic wordplay
live up to your own standards
>>
>>53307834
>Enchantments that work within the rules are 'rule breakers'

The memory issues alone would be horrible, especially because technically speaking once you got past a single end step with Staying Power, all those durations would go on forever. If I Giant Growthed my guy, and then the next turn you Disenchanted the Staying Power, the effect would still be going on. Because it tried to end ONCE, and couldn't, so it shrugs and now just goes on forever.
>>
>>53307880
Well we were talking about Kangee vs Ishai/Reyhan so unless you want to discuss THAT then you can go be retarded and obtuse elsewhere.
>>
>>53307887
The vast majority of them are absolute dogshit.

If your best defense for a card is "it makes your deck 1 card smaller", it's a bad card. Ever notice how people don't run Street Wraith in every single black deck?
>>
>>53307700
>ask a yes or no question.
and yet the phrase "answer with a yes or a no" is surprisingly absent
funny that
>>
>>53307927
A yes-or-no question, BY FUCKING DEFINITION, has only two answers: Yes, or No. This is like you saying that a card doesn't explicitly say that 2 doubled is 4, so Shock + Furnace of Rath = 2 billion damage.
>>
>>53307914
I mean, obviously you're not going to run Ludevic and Kraum just to have partners, but the truth is that partners allow you to hand pick your colors AND you can usually build them to synergize extremely well together. For instance, we were discussing Ishai and Reyhan. Ishai grows big, Reyhan moves counters around when things die/leave the battlefield. Obviously we're not talking about tier 1 competitive faggot shit, but for casual EDH the deck is an absolute monster if built corrently.

"Oh, you bounce my Ishai? Cool, I'll put him back in my command zone and give his 14 counters to my Triskelion. Then I'll use his counters to kill your chumps and swing in for 11, then I'll ping you for 11 to win the game! gg."
>>
>>53307911
You are talking to a different person. I'm sorry the topic of one commander vs two is upsetting but I maintain that it is a better idea to keep the number of cards required to do your thing to a minimum. More especially if each of the cards is lackluster on their own.
>>
>>53307974
This smacks pretty hard of Christmasland.

You can't deny that the vast majority of the "combinations" either have absolutely no synergy, or do something that another Commander in those colors already does better.
>>
>>53307927
>that player answers the question truthfully
>>
>>53304878
>Magical Hacker
Not with Planeswalkers existing
>>
>>53307914
Claim
>The vast majority of them are absolute dogshit.
Fact
Akiri, Line-Slinger, Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder, Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix, Ravos, Soultender, Silas Renn, Seeker Adept, Thrasios, Triton Hero, Tymna the Weaver and Vial Smasher the Fierce are more than playable
8/15 (a slight majority) of partners are more than playable.
>>
>>53308050
Explain to me how your claim is a fact. Most of the things you listed are extremely mediocre on their own, and have hardly any synergy worth caring about with any of the others.
>>
>>53307954
>BY FUCKING DEFINITION
>expected answer is yes or no
>may not be
wew
>>
>>53307777
What's your threshold for not "boring and samey", then? Because if it's sane you should try running Azami or something with a Haakon psuedocommander (combo centerpiece in the 99 because he's dogshit in the command zone), you can get a ton of angles of attack out of what is in essence a "tribal" strategy.

Probably 9 in 10 tribes just want to swing with buff dudes but the 10th can be fun. Just stay the fuck away from Goblins, Elves, Slivers, and Allies.
>>
>>53308046
Two-card combos are fine sometimes.
>>
>>53308102
Just shit posting at the end of the thread. Sorry mate.
>>
>>53308050
>Akiri
Does two things badly. She 'wants' you to go wide with artifacts, but has no evasion on her own. She doesn't make an artifact strategy better, so you'd really be using Equipment, and she's a super sub-par Voltron commander.

>Bruse
A shitty version of True Conviction. Another boring "Sideways your dudes" Boros Commander that's outclassed by existing options.

>Kydele
Literal winmore. She's only a good ramp option if you're drawing obscenely, and if you're drawing obscenely in U/G, you're probably already winning. Better options exist that do more.

>Ravos
A mediocre Anthem and a subpar reanimation in colors that have better options for both.

>Silas Renn
Actually somewhat interesting, but because of Partner, falls short of what he COULD be. There's better artifact-reanimation in those colors, and better small 'evasive' guys. Bad at two things.

>Thrasios
Personally I've never been that impressed, but other people shit their pants over it, so I'll call that one "solid".

>Tymna
Bad card draw in a color that has excellent card draw. On paper, it 'rewards' you for being aggressive, but in practice there's more reliable options for drawing cards in black that don't require you to jump through hoops, or already be winning. She doesn't do a damn thing to help you get off the back food.

>Vial Smasher
Absolutely monstrous in 1v1. Mediocre as hell in multi.
>>
>>53307982
Usually partner decks are built around one and then the other serves as a side piece that you're never mad at having. Example: Vial Smasher / Thrasios. Your deck is built around Vial Smasher, Thrasios is a repeatable Coiling Oracle for 4 colorless mana at instant speed and only costs 2 mana to play. You'll NEVER be mad to have him in the command zone or in play.

Also; Kydele is always a fantastic mana rock for 4 that nets you the two strongest colors in EDH. Bruse is always "target creature gets double strike and lifelink until end of turn" for 4 mana, and then you get to do it again when you swing with him, and if he dies then he becomes "target creature gets double strike and lifelink until end of turn" for 6 mana. He'll always be a reusable double strike + lifelink mechanic from your command zone.

Anon, you just need to work harder to figure out the best combination for what you're trying to accomplish. You'll come around.
>>
>>53308061
>Explain to me how your claim is a fact.
because they see a significant amount of play
>synergy
well you have a guy who gives doublestrike and other partners who care about connecting so that double proc's
you have recurssion for creatures and artifacts for a self mill strat
you have thrasios and kydele who are clearly synergistic
you have partners that offer card advantage + vial smasher who wants to be casting lots of spells and who needs fuel
you have two artifact matters partners and if you dive into the partners who are slightly weaker you get even more synergy such as making some of these commanders unblockable, and token generation.
>>
>>53304968
No, that makes sense. I was thinking more like random green fatties and assorted "if it dies draw a card" creatures.
>>
>>53294701

She's a speedster.
>>
>>53308061
>>53308141
>people who don't know how to use partner are still claiming it's bad

this shit is gold 10/10
>>
>>53307132
Grixis has almost nothing to deal with enchantments.
>>
>>53308141
>a 4 mana, single target true conviction is bad in the command zone with another creature always available
I play bruse outside of the command zone in a few decks hes a fucking brick house mate
>>
>>53308156
>Because they see a significant amount of play
First, that's a claim in and of itself. Second, just because something sees play does not make it good. There's popular commanders that are outright shitty, but people play them for fun.

>Doublestrike and other partners who care about connecting
Oh man, I can cast TWO artifacts from my graveyard if they don't block? Holy shit, that's so fucking game-breaking, all it took was me attacking with two aggressively mediocre creatures!

>REcursion for creatures and artifacts
Bad recursion. Slow, disruptable, bad recursion that's heavily outclassed by existing options. Also, none of the partners self-mill.

>Thrasious and Kydele
"SYNERGISTIC". If you're drawing 4 fucking cards a turn in U/G, you're already winning. And if you pair two Partners of the same color, you lose the 'hand pick your colors' argument so they'd damn well better clearly outstrip every other U/G Commander option. Hint: They don't.

>Card advantage + Vial Smasher
Have you fucking READ these cards? Vial Smasher only triggers on your first spell per turn. She doesn't make everything you have come with 5 damage attached, you moron.

>artifact matters partners
BOTH OF WHICH ARE OBJECTIVELY WORSE THAN EXISTING ARTIFACT SUPPORT CARDS.
>>
>>53308153
It all sounds like unnecessary complication.
>>
>>53308201
I'd rather pay 2 mana more for it to hit my entire board, and be playing a good Commander instead of gimping myself with a shitty version of an already mediocre card.

Would you play a 7 mana creature that draws you 2 cards on enter, arguing that a Divination that costs almost twice as much is "super strong in the command zone"?
>>
>>53308141
>A shitty version of True Conviction. Another boring "Sideways your dudes" Boros Commander that's outclassed by existing options.

You seem to be deliberately overlooking the fact he's only 4 mana, and it's not like you can swing with a True Conviction by itself.
>>
>>53308207
That's simply because it's confusing at first. You need to think harder.
>>
>>53308203
>Vial Smasher only triggers on your first spell per turn.
>implying there arent 4 turns per round >>53308216
by that logic it would have to cost less and do less than divination not cost more and do the same thing
do you even read your own posts?
>>
>>53308218
He is only 4 mana, yes. And if the best thing you can do with your turn 4 is play a 3/3 that does absolutely nothing until it attacks and has no protection or evasion, you're going to lose.

Yeah, he can swing for 6 on turn 5, but if you're wanting a Voltron commander, there's better options. If you want a Commander that enables something else to swing hard, there's better options.

All of the Partners do several things poorly instead of one thing well.
>>
>>53308253
Your argument is "I'm fine playing an objectively worse version of an already mediocre card, because I always have access to it".

So fine, would you play a 2 mana "draw 1 card" 0/0 Commander?
>>
>>53308050
>Akiri, Line-Slinger
Mediocre at best
>Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder
Also badly suboptimal
>Kydele, Chosen of Kruphix
One of the decent ones
>Ravos, Soultender
Sad compared to most other cards that could fulfill any purpose he'd claim
>Silas Renn, Seeker Adept
You must be joking. The dream of Karador for Artifacts is nice but his 2/2 unevasive, hasteless ass is not going to get across for your recast rights when it matters, or possibly ever.
>Thrasios, Triton Hero
Actually really good
>Tymna the Weaver
Viable
>Vial Smasher the Fierce
Dogshit outside of Duel Commander's 20 life, 1-opponent Twilight Zone Hellscape, where she's banned anyway.

There are three that are actually worth having, and maybe three more that could run alongside one of the top options for color selection without utterly embarrassing themselves.

Anything else with partners is jank. Maybe fun jank, (Heck, I've been trying to work up a Tana based brew) but jank all the same.
>>
>>53308241
I have thought about it and ruled them all out as inefficient.
>>
>>53308216
>Would you play a 7 mana creature that draws you 2 cards on enter, arguing that a Divination that costs almost twice as much is "super strong in the command zone"?

What kind of incredible retard are you for that to make any sort of sense as a comparison?
>>
File: etb.png (120KB, 1856x496px) Image search: [Google]
etb.png
120KB, 1856x496px
>>53308258
>that does absolutely nothing until it attacks
>>
File: 1423009100115.jpg (13KB, 228x238px) Image search: [Google]
1423009100115.jpg
13KB, 228x238px
>>53308258
>that does absolutely nothing until it attacks

>Whenever Bruse Tarl, Boorish Herder enters the battlefield or attacks
>enters the battlefield
>>
>>53308292
Okay, fair, I missed that he triggers when he enters, but he's still not very good. What's the best thing you'll have on turn 4, some 2/x that MAYBE has a "Whenever ~ deals combat damage" trigger? That's still not very good.
>>
File: 1473272892189.gif (1MB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1473272892189.gif
1MB, 300x188px
>>53308277
>>Vial Smasher the Fierce
>Dogshit
>>
>>53308313
Random burn in a 4 player game is not good.
>>
>>53308271
>So fine, would you play a 2 mana "draw 1 card" 0/0 Commander?
Not him, but I have a feeling that such a commander, like Norin, would be in the category of things that look useless but actually get at least reasonably powerful with shenanigans. What color(s) is your 0/0 strawman? It could be fun.
>>
>>53308280
That's because you're pretty retarded, anon. Thrasios + Tymna is a tier 1 deck right now.
>>
>>53308309
It doesn't have to be turn 4 when you play him and the good part about having Partner is that you can stick him with Thrasios and give Boros all of Green's ramp and Blue's card draw. You can potentially get out some big shit earlier than you could if you were playing just Boros.
>>
>>53308309
idk probably like a Karlov of the Ghost Council or Ajani's Pridemate
I dont like it would be smart to cast him on curve every game
I also dont think agro is a viable strat in edh
>>
>>53308358
Or you could just play one good Commander instead of a Simic "I want to create an infinite combo" commander and a Boros "I want to swing with one guy" commander.

They don't. Fucking. Synergize.
>>
>>53308331
Vial is almost never the target of removal.
Vial usually drops at least 30-40 damage before dying in any FFA EDH match.
Vial doesn't bring hate because it's random.

I've literally just sat there with Vial out, casting expensive draw spells and/or removal spells each turn while no one attacked me because all I had was one little Vial Smasher and that's not as threatening as the other guy's Elesh Norn or the other other guy's Darksteel Colossus.

Vial is literally ridiculous value. Even if you're not playing massive spells, it's still ridiculous value. Turns every first spell into a to the face burn spell? How is that not insanely good? Answer: It is insanely good.
>>
>>53308335
not him but seeing as how true conviction is white and bruse is white red
lets say its blue black on account of it dying
>>
>>53308415
>Card draw and mana ramp don't synergize with _________

Anon, have you taken your meds today?
>>
>>53308415
>Synergize
oh shit this anon is back quick guys change the subject, theres no convincing him
>>
>>53308415
Thrasios would be there for the colors and as a secondary option. There's nothing wrong with having options. Bruse makes a big guy stronger and green gives you the ability to pump one out fast. Partner is there to cover the holes that having only two colors leaves.
>>
>>53308445
>HE SAID WHAT IS GOOD MONO RED AND I SAID DARETTI AND HE SAID NOT ARTIFACT CENTRIC AND DFOISAHFOIASHFOIAEHROIAHFOIADSHFOIDHFOIHDOIFHSDOIFHEOIRFHEOIRFH YOU'RE ALL RETARDED MOVING GOAL POSTS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIOPFHSDOIFHSDFHNLSDKNOLCVHOISYER(
>>
File: kingmacar,thegold-cursed.full.jpg (106KB, 240x345px) Image search: [Google]
kingmacar,thegold-cursed.full.jpg
106KB, 240x345px
How the hell do you build this guy? There's literally 0 cards that untap
>>
File: Image.jpg (66KB, 439x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
66KB, 439x310px
which version should I be playing?
we are playing an edh variant where we picked a card out of a hat and need to put it in every single deck we have
they are all artifacts
I think the hat had like mimic vat, hope of gear-o-pur, ivory tower, the build your own guilded lotus and a few others
what are some that you guys would put in the hat just to do some sort of mass testing?
>>
File: 1478882681628.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1478882681628.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>53308469
>tfw i meant an austist from 3 or 4 weeks ago and it turns out to be the same autist from this exact thread
>>
File: 165[1].jpg (64KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
165[1].jpg
64KB, 312x445px
>>53308471
[Muffled InitialD playing in the background]
>>
File: KingMacarsNewClothes.png (287KB, 445x310px) Image search: [Google]
KingMacarsNewClothes.png
287KB, 445x310px
>>53308471
You give him fancy capes.

1: Exile target creature and pump Macar
>>
File: 304.jpg (59KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
304.jpg
59KB, 312x445px
>>53308471
>There's literally 0 cards that untap
theres actually about 15 besides you want to tap him not untap him, going into combat as a means of tapping him is a bad idea
>>
>>53296262
Wouldn't white spells like arrest and detain be flavorful?
>>
File: 22.jpg (50KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
50KB, 312x445px
>>53308471
>>
>>53308479
When in doubt, always choose the classics.
>>
File: 264[1].jpg (68KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
264[1].jpg
68KB, 312x445px
>>53308471
>>
>>53308479
I think that Antiquities one is much prettier.
>>
>>53308587
I think blue/red steal and loot effects would be much more on flavor
>>
>>53308494
EDH threads are like the same twenty people every time.
>>
>>53308354
Looks like a pile of highly unstable garbage.
>>
>>53308706
Don't knock it until you've tried it.
>>
>>53308706
That's because, again, you're not thinking about it the right way.

In a couple days you'll be thinking of this conversation and looking at partner commanders and it'll click.
>>
>>53308706
>My opinion is worth more than empirical results

Can't be highly unstable garbage if it's consistently performing, anon.
>>
>>53308706
I used to think the same thing and then one day I realized I was wrong, it'll happen to you to I promise.
>>
>>53308721
>>53308776
>>53308781
>>53308848
Alright, explain it to me. Or at least point me to an optimal lust so that I can analyse it myself.
>>
>>53308886
>lots of colorless mana
>inf colorless mana sink
seems good
>adding paradox engine
oh its just another lab man deck *yawn*
btw we should ban lab man its just such a fucking shitty and easy way to win the game
>>
>>53308886
It's mostly the colors. You have access to Doomsday lines AND Flash/Hulk lines. But not only that, you have LED+Auriok Salvagers AND you have an infinite mana sink in your command zone that lets you draw your deck and play Lab Man.
>>
>>53308886
Are you a Timmy? I think that might be where the problem is coming from. Not enough "BOOM BOOM SMASH SMASH" in Partner commanders...?
>Guarunteed 2, 3, 4 and/or 5 drop in your starting hand 100% of the time.

This is important because you can ensure that you ALWAYS have a turn 2 play AND a turn 4 play, or what have you. The stability and added speed this gives your deck is pretty ridiculous. Always make sure your partners are two different CMCs.

>An extra card in hand

I know you already disregarded this, but you shouldn't. Card advantage is card advantage.

>Hand-picked colors
Ever have a deck you wanted to build but had to lose some of it because you couldn't get the right commander for the colors, or you couldn't get the right colors for the commander? This can be worked around with Partners.

Tymna, Vial, Thrasios, Kydele, and Bruse are all REALLY good side commanders. What this means is that you pick one commander to be your "build around" commander, and one of those ones to give you the upper hand just by having it available. Thrasios becomes a repeating Coiling Oracle, super strong. Kydele becomes a mana rock that adds great colors. Vial turns everything you play into a face-burn. Bruse becomes "4 mana target creature gets doublestrike/lifelink" with the upside of also happening when he attacks.

Your partners don't have to be specifically synergistic together, the deck has to synergize with one while being buffed by the convenience of the other. The only two Partner combos that are strictly synergistic are Sidar/Silas and Ishai/Reyhan. That doesn't mean others aren't synergistic, it's just not as obvious with the rest, and I'd venture to say that other combos are far more powerful regardless of the synergy.
>>
>>53291532
Arcun is unquestionably best i play muzzio and hes kinda in a weird spot where people dont focus me but im not mich slower than arcum
>>
>>53292295
Just run toolbox zur and fuck with their shit harder
>>
>>53293465
This poster is actually and clearly a retard please disregard anything he says

>ydris is tier one
>grouphug commander for casual playshits
>atraxa was pretty easy to build for

Only bad one is the kaalia
>>
>>53309364
oh that sounds like fun, is it still pretty unfair? or is it closer to a 5-6 turn win vs a 3-5 turn win
or does it grind?
either way
List?
>>
>>53298514
They can be fun. I found Yasova and Xenagos to be strong leaders in the deck. Yasova brings blue (and things like leyline of anticipation and flash so you can pas your turn without playing spells). Xenagos makes your pups scary.

You need trample or evasion, otherwise you will be underwhelmed by your deck - 3-5 power is the peak of the curve.
>>
>>53298514
is it a werewolf deck if Huntmaster of the Fells and master of the wild hunt are the only creature in the deck and your commander is karona the false god?
>>
>>53309758
According to EDHRec, it needs 12 or more creatures of the same type, and 75% of all creatures in the deck must be that type.
>>
>>53309776
Damn :P
also
new thread when?
>>
Should Vial Smasher decks revolve around high cost instants and untapping your lands so you can play big instants on everyone else's turns? Or should it be about big X spells on your own turn?
>>
>>53307377
Naya has always been the worst.
>>
>>53310265
ooga booga u is rasis
>>
>>53310265
This. Naya's only saving grace is having green.
>>
>>53310465
But isn't black worse than green in EDH?
>>
File: Ooga Booga.jpg (100KB, 1200x763px) Image search: [Google]
Ooga Booga.jpg
100KB, 1200x763px
>>53310465
>This. Naya's only saving grace is having QUEEN
SLAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>53310479
Not really. They fill different roles. Blue, Green, and Black are the best colors in EDH for various reasons. Naya doesn't use Green as well as Mardu uses Black.
>>
>>53310518
blue and black serve a lot of the same purposes. White is arguably the strongest support color and as such U/W is generally stronger than U/B not just because the commanders are stronger but because they do not overlap much
>>
>>53310595
U/B is very lacking in general. It doesn't have a very well defined niche like other color combos outside of having mill effects, which tend to suck in EDH. White is a better supplemental color to Blue than Black is, but I'd say that Green is overall the best secondary color.
>>
>>53310665
I would agree if only mana rocks werent so efficient
>ftw when you wish you were playing U/G instead of U/W when a bane of progress resolves
>>
>>53310697
>>53310595
I mean you're just wrong, UB is awful.
>>
made a new thread since no one else was going to
>>53310776
>>53310776
>>53310776
>>
>>53310780
you might want to re-read those posts
just saying
cause im not defending u/b at all
>>
>>53308494
I bet he's also the same guy that slammed the door on that other guy
>>
>>53310780
What do they even have? Oona? Gisa and Geralf? Phenax is shit, Lazav is too dependent on your enemies. And then U/W has Brago.
>>
>>53308471
Vehicles
>>
>>53310866
Wydwen, the Biting Gale
a personal favorite of mine and one of only two decks ill bring out against the t3 boogiemen
i mean shes only good because the colors are both very powerful with doomsday and having a flier you can flash in and return to your hand for cheap can secure you a game every once in a while
>>
File: 253.jpg (53KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
253.jpg
53KB, 312x445px
>>53310932
Thread posts: 471
Thread images: 64

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.