[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Characters that failed in life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Igvod.png (13KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Igvod.png
13KB, 500x500px
This is a thread about characters that failed in life and ended up being sad as fuck because of it.

>Be playing Pathfinder
>GM says it will be ERP heavy
>I'm on board with this
>Our group makes our characters
>I play a fish man who wants to be "The Guy" and is named Igvod
>The kind of guy in legends, the man who shapes the world with his hands
>GM makes me a monk homebrew class
>I get put alone somewhere and I'm attacked by a minotaur
>Get wrecked by the minotaur
>Survive and hide until my family is done being raped and murdered
>Bury them and try to live a normal fucking life because I don't want the GM to kill me
>Fishing and shit, living alone and training my body
>Three little girls rob me blind, stab me, and nearly kill me
>Igvod realizes he was beaten and robbed by little girls
>Igvod thinks about killing himself but is too much of a pussy to do it
>A few weeks later Igvod decides to sell fish at the local market
>Some guards fuck with him
>That was the last straw
>Igvod beats the absolute fucking shit out of one guard, killing him instantly before the other guard slices him up with a spear
>Igvod dies and goes to our setting's equivalent of hell
>I ask the GM if he'll let me escape
>GM says yes
>Igvod wanders through hell until he comes upon a tent with a friendly skeleton in it
>Igvod introduces himself to the skeleton
>Turns out the skeleton was a lich
>Igvod is renamed to Vod and is no longer in control of his actions
>Vod isn't even able to kill himself anymore because he'll come back in hell
>Meanwhile the other PC's are having great lives and fucking like crazy while Vod is sitting alone in hell a kissless virgin
Igvod was basically a failure in life. Reality crushed his dreams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ipZErUd9H8
>>
>>53281888
>Meanwhile the other PC's are having great lives and fucking like crazy while Vod is sitting alone in hell a kissless virgin
I feel like your story was more entertaining in the end.
>>
File: 8mz3uRc.png (55KB, 473x217px) Image search: [Google]
8mz3uRc.png
55KB, 473x217px
>MgT2e
>I'm GM btw.
>Player makes a character and fails military academy.
>Fine, no penalty.
>Fails three careers in a row.
>I told him to not take anymore careers because age penalty.
>He does anyways because he's an angry person.
>Fails two more careers into his age penalty zone.
>Age penalties include penalties to ALL ROLLS and losing a few limbs in the process.
>Offer to give him a chargen reset.
>Angrily tells me (the GM) to fuck off.
What do I even do?
I keep trying to give him more character spotlight but he's already at the point of swearing off the system altogether because 'muh penalties', which were his fault.
>>
>>53282045
some people will hit themselves with a hammer repetitively and blame the hammer. there's nothing you can really do with a person like that
>>
>>53282045
Poor guy. I know how he feels.
>>
>>53281888
maybe you didn't fail society, anon.
maybe society failed you.
>>
>>53282045
Wew, what system is this? I searched a bit on Google for MgT but no-one seems to clarify the abbreviation
>>
>>53283209
Probably Mongoose Traveller.
>>
>>53282045
That actually sounds like it would have made for a great roleplaying opportunity, but the player got salty because of 'muh stats'.
>>
>>53283209
Mongoose Traveller 2nd Edition.
There's a Traveller general in /tg/ right now.
>>
Bump for more sad and miserable stories.
>>
>>53282045
Similiar story here
>good start and stat
>finished countries equivalent to high school with highest grade.
>try to become a engineer and fail
>no penalty, so fine
>second attempt, fail again
>change it up and become a IT person
>process of failing again
Wait, this is not an irl thread? Fuck
>>
File: im-not-crying-e1324918120575.png (441KB, 864x490px) Image search: [Google]
im-not-crying-e1324918120575.png
441KB, 864x490px
>>53281888
>Playing Magical Burst
>DM says we're not supposed to go full murder-hobo with our new magical powers (OK, fair)
>DM also basically says we have to roll on a fucktillion different tables for backstory details
>My character ends up with a dead mom, physically abusive father, and a brother who's a drug dealer and in and out of prison on a regular basis. Also end up living in the shitty slum part of the city and the family is in debt. No joke, I rolled alll this.
>Given these circumstances, my character basically decides she's going to wish to be adopted by a family that doesn't suck ass.
>DM shoots this down saying it invalidates the backstory elements I rolled (OK, fair)
>Decide instead to wish for musical talent so great she'd actually have a shot of making it big and getting out of this shitty life (music was one of the few good things in her life, though she couldn't perform it very well).
>DM allows this after some bitching
>First few sessions, save up money, legitimately without abusing my magic, to buy an electric guitar.
>As soon as I buy it, shitty school bully breaks it because I'm still unpopular slum-trash that nobody at school likes.
>DM said not to be a murderhobo, but fuck it, my character is pissed/heartbroken and breaks the bitches legs (to my credit, I didn't kill her).
>Apparently people saw me do this (didn't know magic was involved) and told the school, who told my character's dad.
>Somehow the pricipal decides the appropriate punishment for this is to take my character out of music classes, the one place where she's allowed to do something she enjoy. Her dad decides the appropriate punishment is a beating.
>Fuckthis.jpg, kill dad with magic in self defense.
>DM gets super pissy again because I was "muderhobo'ing", apparently my character was supposed to just sit there and take a beating.
>Character has to go live with her drug-dealer older brother now... who wants to sell her in the magical realm sense.

I quit the game at this point.
>>
File: ONLINE PVP.png (242KB, 601x413px) Image search: [Google]
ONLINE PVP.png
242KB, 601x413px
>>53285084
The best part of this whole story is when the other 3 players in the game (supposedly) rolled up a sports-team captain who was super-popular and had godly stat-rolls in everything, some kind of computer genius who already had college scholarships at age 15, and an artsy exchange student who's parents were literally billionaires and bought her a summer home to live in while she attended classes here.
>>
File: 1494514541634.jpg (83KB, 370x319px) Image search: [Google]
1494514541634.jpg
83KB, 370x319px
>>53281888
>playing Stars Without Number
>make up a Noble character that wants to explore the stars
>give him a backstory that he was bored attending to diners and was overtaken with Wanderlust
>most of the party are sociopathic criminals
>there is absolutely no exploring happening whatsoever
>trying to have some downtime, he gets attacked by assassins of this or that
>trying my best to lay low, get a buzzcut, clean shave and never wear anything expensive
>party really likes crime and shit and berate him constantly for being soft
>love interest gets lost and abandoned in a war-torn planet
>after a consideration of retiring the character and a lot of character development, he also becomes a sociopath
>suddenly the party isn't up for it anymore
>berate him for being up for thievery when they have done way worse
>actually beat him up once so we could fail our mission since that was somebody's goal
>generally accomplish nothing of value and be made the butt of jokes

It was probably the most unpleasant character I've played and made me too jaded to play anything ever again that isn't a combat monster that beats the shit out of anyone that shittalks him. Doesn't help that I was kicked from the game for taking a vacation after an unrelated nervous breakdown.
>>
>>53285084
>>53285123
Okay, i call bullshit. No DM would be so fucktarded.
>>
>>53285741
>No DM would be so fucktarded.
Bruh, newfag, lurk more. No matter how stupid you think a DM could possibly be, someone will always surprise you, especially if you play online.

Also the guy you're responding to was playing a fucking magical girl game, so you know, that speaks volumes about everyone involved to begin with.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.