[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to fix Magic in four easy steps!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 15

File: tumblr_inline_nkf2tuLFj31qjjg2b.png (290KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkf2tuLFj31qjjg2b.png
290KB, 396x554px
>Drop this bullshit two-set paradigm. Three set blocks are just better.

>BTFO the Gatewatch. More like Shitwatch, amirite?

>Bring back complexity. Make cards and games about more than just turning the biggest creature sideways.

And most importantly
>Stop catering specifically to one very narrow audience. We don't need three fucking blocks about revolutions in a row. Make a variety of flavor everyone can love.
>>
wow
>>
>>53280278
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53280278
I know you are playing me...

But it worked.
>>
>>53280278
or just
> Stop buying the game, vote with your wallet
>>
File: Magikarp.jpg (45KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Magikarp.jpg
45KB, 375x523px
>>
File: everyone (you) love.jpg (243KB, 640x376px) Image search: [Google]
everyone (you) love.jpg
243KB, 640x376px
>>53280278
(You) got me.
>>
File: iamcrow75procent3.jpg (50KB, 450x537px) Image search: [Google]
iamcrow75procent3.jpg
50KB, 450x537px
>>53280278
I mean........I do enjoy 3 set blocks more. And I do hate the gatewatch.

And.....revolution is boring right now.

I just want settings like lorwynn and kamigawa again. Neat settings that dont feature planeswalkers. In the background is fine

>tfw never see a native american mtg setting where Coyote has stolen death
>>
>>53281206
>tfw the inevitable Native American plane's storyline will probably be about revolutionaries trying to stop an aether pipeline
>>
>>53280278
SoI and EM weren't about revolutions
I do agree that kaladesh and amonkhet were mistakes
>>
>>53281248
More like
>Gatewatch helps natives take back land from the evil british inspired multi planer empire and then go and BTFO said empire in a single block
>>
>>53281293
>>53281248
Dear god I hope not.
>>
>>53280354
I agree.

I'm not buying standard until they knock it off with the subtle Marxist/sjw shit and, of course, start printing decent new cards again. Standard is toxically underpowered and has been for a while; as soon as the sets rotate out, the cards will be worthless.
>>
>>53281293
>the joke
>
>your head
>>
When was the last time a set wasn't obsessed with some gay ass planeswalkers?
>>
>>53281532
Lorwyn
>>
>>53281614
So, 10 years ago? Terrible.
>>
What about them releasing a "one of every card in the set" for $100? Prices would be lower but boosters would still sell to kids.
>>
>>53281532
conspiracy 2, a supplemental set but one of the more interesting ones of last year
>>53281981
that would bust things, you'd be getting praetors and that sort of thing for < 50 cents
the huge sets of all cards would just sell out instantly and we'd be back where we started since they wouldn't print enough
>>
>>53282073
So print more? Cards aren't expensive. If the price is too low make them $200 a set.
>>
>>53280278
>>Drop this bullshit two-set paradigm. Three set blocks are just better.
No blocks would be even better.
Every set is designed to play with the set after it and stories can take anything from 1-5 sets if they want.
Boom, no more broken narratives, unsupported mechanics or creative pressures.
>>
>>53281206
Every set is about whitey saving the stupid coloreds, and SJWs are so fanatical they don't even realize how racist that shit is.
>>
>>53280278
Honestly, the part that annoys me most is not how stupidly broken the card is.

It's that the shitstained retard that invented it isn't smart enough to realize that it can infinitely deal 5 damage to itself to gain control of shit, nor do they realize that each and every conjunction doesn't need a comma.
>>
>>53280278
I remember when they announced the 2-block change.
Literally EVERYONE was happy with it because it meant no core sets (which people didn't buy because they were mostly reprints), and because with few exceptions one of the three sets in the three set blocks was just...completely underwhelming and solely there to have three sets.
Hell, at the time people weren't too upset about faster rotation because it meant annoying shit - the bogeymen that always ended up in decks - would leave slightly faster - I believe at the time it was Desecration Demon/Pack Rats and friends that people were harping about.
Of course, they didn't expect removal to get worse and worse and worse, to the point where we're marvelling at SHOCK HOLY SHIT THEY LET US HAVE SHOCK. Nor did they think they'd be upping the cost on staple effects like wraths and mana dorks.
fuck development FUCK DEVELOPMENT
>>
>>53283976
Two sets are mechanically better but narratively much worse.
That's what they get for trying to sell a soap opera stapled to their game.
>>
>>53282251
>WOTC
>printing more
they're too afraid of stepping on the toes of (((investors)))
>>
>>53283999
I would dispute the two sets being mechanically better because a lot of mechanics don't feel very well explored in the last 3 blocks, because apparently Wizards felt the need to try to make each set mechanically very different. Colorless mana creatures from Gatewatch really stand out to me in that regard. I would've liked to see them explored more.
>>
>>53280278
Just remove this set rotation bullshit and unlock all cards, then make a advanced format banlist like Yu-Gi-Oh!.

Remove the feminist bloggers as writers of the main plot and bring back the Mirrodin/Kamigawa great days.

Also, kill all the Planesuckers.
>>
>>53285462
>Just remove this set rotation bullshit and unlock all cards
So vintage?
>>
>Drop this bullshit two-set paradigm. Three set blocks are just better.
Meh, this is good. make one well designed set and then release supplementary set to fix up whatever needs to be more strong or deserves more counters.

>BTFO the Gatewatch. More like Shitwatch, amirite?
I'm indifferent to Gatewatch as a story driving mechanism, I'm more worried about trillions of different planeswalker cards for a single character.

>Stop catering specifically to one very narrow audience. We don't need three fucking blocks about revolutions in a row. Make a variety of flavor everyone can love.
It's all wewuz and nigger fairy tale shit now. I want them to go back to inventing new worlds, not raping previous planes or porting over africa or india for tumblr brownie points
>>
>>53283999
>Two sets are mechanically better but narratively much worse.
Do you play the game or only read the fanfiction?
Besides, the story in the last few sets has been uninteresting because it's badly written, not because it's split in two acts instead of three.
>>
>>53285805
Holy christ this.

The story is fucking trash. The characters are becoming more and more schizo and random in their motives and direction. Sure, there's a broad, general character but you cannot pin down how they will act from short to short. Literally a cast of Rei's from Force Awakens.
>>
>>53285805
Stopped at the 15 year old pirate girl chapter.
>>
Holy shit pol get the fuck out.

Tfw i know of at least one amonkhet card that sees play in vintage.

You all bitches need to chill
>>
>>53280278
You know, I love revolutions as a theme, but I will have a hard time to find one in mtg. No kaladesh wasn't a revolution, it was a restoration: things were ok until something make it worse and some guys had to put everything in place.
If it had been a revolution block, we would have seen a radical shift, at least two if not more ideologies and different values conflicting, we will have seen a struggle for power...

I wouldn't even have complained if they had just romanticised the fuck out of it, I would have settle for "Les misérables: the set".
Instead I got Rent.
>>
File: Phoolan Devi.jpg (19KB, 210x300px) Image search: [Google]
Phoolan Devi.jpg
19KB, 210x300px
>>53286576
I don't see any issue with the idea.
I suppose it was terribly written?
>>
>>53280278
Hasbro won't let WotC get rid of the Gatewatch.
>>
>>53287355
Not until the movie gets definitely scrapped or comes out and bombs at least.
>>
>>53280278
>BTFO the Gatewatch.
Thankfully that is happening
>>
>>53287516
Even if the movie tie-in tanked, Hasbro would simply force the WotC to replace the Gatewatch with a new circle of superfriends who are more "Hip, edgy, and engaging with 18 to 35 year old males."
>>
>>53284749
In the three set blocks, one set would be just 'more of the same stuff' and one would be mechanically very different, its mechanics basically left unexplored beyond the lowest hanging stuff and usually not doing much with the older stuff. So what we have now, but with First Set Part Two.
They did this because people would get bored of shit after an entire year of the same shit.

Yes, they need to explore the things they do use more now. That's not an inherent problem with two-block as much as R&D suddenly being fucking pussies about everything.
>>53285805
Exactly. Pretty much all the problems people are having with the two-block thing aren't with two-block but because WotC decided to fuck everything ELSE up the moment they shifted to it.
Development started their 'let's be SUPER BORING and make everything Safe, and then miss everything strong and oh hey the stuff we pushed is so strong it's the only things worth a damn' thing. And while I can forgive a lot of things, missing a turn 4, two card infinite combo when one of the pieces is a card they were specifically trying to have as the Face of the Set was fucking retarded.
Creative shit themselves all over the place with the Gatewatch, and I still can't tell if someone up above decided they needed to cash in on the Avengers money or they did it themselves. It was fucking stupid regardless and EVEN THEN they forgot to actually look at what they were imitating and just go LET'S SHOVE THESE FIVE CHUCKLEFUCKS IN EVERY SET FROM NOW TIL DOOMSDAY. Maybe if they realized that doing that makes people tired of seeing those same faces constantly, or maybe if they'd have actually written anything decent other than Ken Troop and his magical realms it wouldn't be so bad. But nope, full dumbshit ahead.
I don't know if it's they need more people or just different ones but holy fuck something needs to change.
>>
>>53284653
>they're too afraid of stepping on the toes of (((investors)))
This will kill the game
>>
>arbiterofknollridge asked: Who in the world designed Samut? There are no aesthetics here at all, random abilities all over the place, no cohesion. My point is. It's a very ugly card.

>tfw our complaining is featured on maro's blog now
>>
>>53281366
>Marxist
Stop listening to shit spilling out of /pol/, tehy don't knwo what the words they use mean.
>>
>>53281532
Scars. Karn and Venser are involved of course. But they aren't the point.
>>
>>53288387
You're joking, right?
The story of Scars is literally
>bad things are happening on Mirrodin, follow these three Planeswalkers as they try to stop it
>oh and Tezzeret shows up
>>
>>53281366
>Standard is toxically underpowered and has been for a while
Sure, old archetypes aren't as good as they used to be but we just had splinter twin banned and now it's full of turn 4 double vindicate + half marit lage. The problem of standard is that R&D can't balance for shit anymore, and a couple of decks end up vastly outperforming anything else.
>>
>>53282073
Conspiracy 2? Are you kidding? That was all about a planeswalker. Kaya even had a special foil version in the set, something thats just not done. You're fooling yourself if you think Conspiracy 2 wasnt all about a planeswalker.
>>
>>53281206
I wish a new lorwynn block would happen. Imagine U/B Faeries in standard. I'd dig it
>>
>>53283718
>Every set is about whitey saving the stupid coloreds

this is why I can't really consider the recent sets to be "SJW", sure there's a bunch of brown people on the cards, but does Amonkhet still count if the story is "A handful of white folk come to tell the brown people their culture is evil and barbaric and to save them from themselves"?
>>
>>53288728
t. someone who hasn't been around when u/b faeries was in Standard.
>>
>>53288823
Is it even relevant how 'SJW' a set is? Heck, is the amount of brown people on cards supposedly linked to this SJW-factor?
>>
>>53288823
It does when cards like Samut exist. In each of the last 2 blocks, the frumpy brown and black women respectively are already in various states of rebellion. The Jacetice League just pushes it over the top.

>>53281293
>Every block becomes this as Wizards runs out of ideas and decides to make every block the gatewatch fighting against the fictional British empire

>>53288262
It's already all but killed Legacy. I'm still bitter that almost no one plays because cards are so expensive

>>53285581
>make one well designed set and then release supplementary set to fix up whatever needs to be more strong or deserves more counters.
Yeah Aether Revolt definitely had some counters to the bullshit in Kaladesh, and same with Eldritch Moon

>I'm more worried about trillions of different planeswalker cards for a single character.
This is a by-product of the gatewatch as a general rule.

>>53287594
>Hip, edgy, and engaging with 18 to 35 year old males
>not females
>He thinks WotC still panders to their actual playerbase
>>
>>53280278
They really need to drop the SJW shit, it's going to be the death of WotC.
>>
>>53289781
To me personally, no, but going by how many posts in the Magic threads lately are variants of "How dare Wizards put brown people on my cards REEEEEE!!" I seems like it's the most important thing ever to a lot of people here.

of course being an anonymous image board and all it's possible all that is just the same couple of bored shitposters posting over and over.
>>
>>53290526
>Not considering Nissa to be a minority, and how her depiction is perpetuating the stereotype of the inept token character

Do these people even Social Justice?

Also Ajani is a fucking Lion, what is she on about.
>>
>>53290526
*ahem*
WE WUZ QUEEENZ
>>
>>53281206
>>53288728
>responding to yourself
>wanting planes like "lorwynn" back, where there weren't any planeswalkers
I see
>>
>>53288823
Thing is, that IS SJW "culture".
SJWs are the most racist people in the world right now because they inherently declare and insist that colored people are stupid, useless and weak and need rich white women to save them from evil white men.

At least Trump thinks mexicans are competent enough to be a threat and that, while hateful, is more validating of them as independent thinking people than SJW's Orwellian paternalism..
>>
>>53288646
>Kaya even had a special foil version in the set, something thats just not done
Has anyone on the internet ever been this wrong before?
>>
>>53285462
Just go fucking play Legacy or Vintage you stupid retard mong motherfucker? Literally how stupid do you have to be to make a comment like this?
>>
>>53287594
>18-35yo males
I think you mean 15-40yo females minority lesbians. At least that's what I percieve to be the new target demographic
>>
>>53283718
only two members of the gatewatch are white
>>
>>53292917
Jace, Gideon, Chandra, Liliana are all white humans, Nissa is an elf but is definitely "white passing". It only counts if they look like skeletons wrapped in electrical tape and have natural, unkempt afros/dreds.
>>
>>53293032
Chandra is Indian and Gideon is Greek, Nissa isn't even human. Considering white people are represented by a weedy boy and an evil necromancer I'd say the SJWs have this shit under control
>>
>>53293071
Greeks are white you fucking retard, and Chandra was made Indian retroactively, her dad is fucking mayonnaise and so is she.
>>
File: greek man.jpg (58KB, 684x458px) Image search: [Google]
greek man.jpg
58KB, 684x458px
>>53293148
I've vacationed in Greece a tonne and they definitely aren't white, they're similar ethnicity to the Turkish. I don't see how being made Indian retroactively makes a difference
>>
>>53293204
>We've reached the point where Greeks are considered "not white" because some of them have an olive complexion

Is this a /pol/ meme or something?

It makes a difference because she's a white lady who they gave an """"Indian"""" heritage to justify the name she was given because it sounds exotic and mystical.
>>
File: firebrace.jpg (28KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
firebrace.jpg
28KB, 650x366px
>>53293274
you can't always tell by looking, pic related is supposedly an aboriginal australian

I didn't realise the Greek thing was such a controversial opinion, they've always been obviously not-white to me, why would that be /pol/? It's not like there's anything wrong with not being white
>>
>>53293400
>pic related is supposedly an aboriginal australian
yeah like 1/4th of one
>>
>all this talk about sjw shit
Do any of you even play the game? Who cares if the card has art with a wom or a brown person, all that matters is mana cost and the effects.

I swear people get hung up on the smallest things. Don't like the MTG lore? Don't read it and amazingly you will still be able to play the card game! Waow!
>>
>>53293071
Those are nationalities not ethnicities.
Chanda is a white mestizo and Gideon is white, just tanned.
>>
-Remove planeswalkers
Never going to happen
-Stop treating rarity as powerlevel
Maro said that rarity is supposed to be complexity.
There is NOTHING complex about 1G 2/3 Vigilance that grows into a 4/5 at no additional cost once you have an arbitrary number of lands down. Literally get overpowered shit WAY above curve just for playing the game? How is that complex?
But at rare apparently it's okay.
Meanwhile lower rarity struggles to get a heavily conditional 2/2 double strike for RR at uncommon?
>>
>>53293519
That line of thought is what makes it so we have to fucking "don't be a nazi" speeches from judges between rounds so that the non-present coloreds and women feel safe in such an evil and toxic enviroment as this of nerds playing card games for children.
>>
>>53293519
I agree with your first point, although people are arguing that the quality of art has declined due to Wizards pandering to the forced diversity crowd.

The lore thing is annoying because Magic really has an opportunity to shine with its lore, we have a huge number of interesting and unique settings that Wizards just don't seem to want to explore, the lore adds to the enjoyment of the game for a lot of people. If Griselbrand was just a demon with on further backstory he wouldn't be nearly as cool
>>
>>53280311
Fpbp
>>
>>53293533
then what ethnicity would you call the brown people from India and Pakistan?
>>
>>53293612
I suppose if you're into the lore it must be very frustrating, but to me that is peripheral to the actual mechanical game. I LOVE cool cards and great card art, dont get me wrong. I guess I still feel like there's plenty of that and the major changes have been in the art style (probably a product of digital painting over hand painting) and the lack of fun or cool or interesting cards below rare rarity for a few years now

Just my opinion though I'm only one person.
>>
>>53288369
Marxism and the social justice crap are the same thing. Just replace instances of "class" or "workers" with gender or race and you get 3rd wave feminism, BLM, trans whatever, and so on.
>>
File: pale rider.jpg (873KB, 1000x754px) Image search: [Google]
pale rider.jpg
873KB, 1000x754px
>>53293675
I'm still not altogether sold on the art debate, I think Magic players are spoiled when it comes to art compared to most other card games and I don't blame Wizards for trying to homogenise the artstyle to some extent, we still get some beautiful art anyway and it's not like we didn't get some absolute shit in the past
>>
>>53293594
>we have to fucking "don't be a nazi" speeches from judges between rounds
Where'd that happen?
>>
>>53293648
Aryan.
Actual aryan, not Hitler's wet dream.
>>
>>53293860
Ok cool but I feel like you're just splitting hairs over semantics and calling Indian people 'aryan' is going to get you some weird looks in anything other than an academic context
>>
>>53293797
Last GP I went to the judge was like "don't offend women or people of color or you will be asked to leave the premises reeeeeeeee" and what's worse is the female judges, the only women even present outside of side-events, were obviously uncomfortable whenever he moved close to them.
>>
>>53293860
Nonesense. Sure Hindis are Indoeuropean, but Dravidians are considered black and are part of the original austro-negroid migration. They are related to the hill tribes of southeast asia, australians and new guineans.
>>
>>53294054
I'm looking for something I can verify, not anecdotes from a website that comes with its own disclaimer about fiction and falsehoods.
>>
>>53294311
Cool, when you get pestered by SJWs and try to talk about it we'll snuff you out too. That's how professional victims win.
>>
>>53294387
If that happens, I'll make sure to record it because I believe in evidence instead of taking anonymous posts as fact.
It used to be a common sentiment on this website.
>>
>>53293766
1) No. Marxism is a political and economical system, and the suggested method to reach it. "Cultural marxism" the way it is used most of the time nowadays is a misuse of the name given to the Frankfurt's School thought on culture, which was already quite far removed from how Marx saw culture. The fact he only took economy in account, disregarding almost everything else, is actually one of the biggest weaknesses in Marx's system. It has nothing to do with trans and black people, even if today's communist are close to LGBT and PoC movements.
2) If you know what marxism is, you should know it is absurd to claim a company such as WotC has a marxist or communist agenda.
>>
>>53280565
Doubling season and 1 turn and it's a game winner. Also doubling season applies to its 0.
>>
>>53291228

He specifically said planeswalkers in the background are fine, the Lorwyn walkers were hardly even in the story at all, they were designed to appear in the future sight block, but they got pushed back to the next block
>>
>>53293400
Of course there's nothing wrong with being not white, but Greeks have always been considered "white", at least here in America, just because their skin is naturally tanned doesn't make them any less so.

And it's considered a /pol/ thing since Greece is a shithole and sucks money out of the EU, so they will call them not-white to preserve their "everything bad comes from brown people" narrative.
>>
>>53293568
Rarity is also balancing for limited. So, yeah rarity often is powerlevel, and WotC are very unabashed about this point because of limited.
>>
>>53295685

Well the thing about Greece is that it's been invaded and assimilated into various middle eastern brown people cultures and empires throughout its history, so ethnically speaking it's quite reasonable to say theyre not white in the same way that other Europeans are white

Ancient Greece on the other hand was white because they hadn't yet been conquered by brown people yet
>>
>>53291217
Excuses me good sir. If I understand your speech correctly. You have informed me that my ancestry is of royalty. We were Kings, go to know. Now I must invest in my 40k, go home to take care of my family and help my community.
>>
File: 1491840231924.png (15KB, 629x635px) Image search: [Google]
1491840231924.png
15KB, 629x635px
>>53296800
Now that's a new take on Hol up, I love it
>>
>>53296800
>Now I must invest in my 40k,
Wow white people are fucking nerds smdh
>>
>>53293204
>>53293274

Greece was occupied by Arabs for generations. Most Greeks now have a large amount of Arab blood. They aren't the direct descendants of the ancient greeks of legend. More closely related to Turks.
>>
>>53281206
The next block is meso-american, they've already said they're going to do less gatewatch stuff.
>>
File: bad luck.png (119KB, 424x465px) Image search: [Google]
bad luck.png
119KB, 424x465px
>>53290526
>they need a social justice ethic consultant

Also
>multiculturalism
>ebony magazine
I-It's fine when we are the ones that focus on only one skin color! Really.
>>
>>53280278
I still don't understand why we've been leaping from plane to plane at break-neck speed ever since the Mirari plotline ended.

We had a block where Phyrexians were re-introduced, and then we left it and haven't heard shit since for almost seven years now.

The two-set block dynamic is also trash, and has dumbed shit down to retard levels. Mechanics are introduced and then almost immediately forgotten and we're stumbling through some dumb-shit writing that completely contradicts why they introduced the mending in the first place.
>>
>>53294617
Not the same anon, but when I took Communication studies in University 5 or 6 years ago, every lecture on the Frankfurt School refered to their ideology as 'Cultural' Marxism. I still have notes from those lectures which show as much.

It wasnt until about last year or 2015 that the term was phased out because the newly coalesced Alt-right started using it to criticize the proponents of the Frankfurt School.

Cultural Marxism might be removed from Marx's original economic/materialist outlook, but it is a valid descendant. With out Marx, there would be no Frankfurt School, and therefore no Critical Theory/Cultural Marxism.

>inb4 >>>/pol/, I'm just reporting the facts of what I was taught in University
>>
>>53290978
LoL
I keep forgetting that the white cat people are like the black people of Naya.
>>
>>53303793
Anon, no one who discusses politics on the internet has actually studied politics or knows what any of their buzzwords mean. Don't engage them, it's a pointless exercise. They'll just sling purple rhetoric and logical fallacy until cretins start to parrot them, thus verifying their nonsense.
>>
>>53303793
>>53294617
Now, as for connecting WotC to Critical Theory/Cultural Marxism, It's honestly less that their some kind of
>le ebil commie front

And more that they've been influenced by proponents of Cultural Marxism, who are hired by WotC or complain to the company about whatever the trendy issue du jeur is.

Followers of Critical Theory are less ideologues and/or 'infiltrators' and more just a bunch of people actively practicing a religion. They can't help but evangelize. And that *partly* is what led to the current dismal state of MtG.

But there's never just one reason for the rise or fall of something. Wizards are glutting their market with two-part blocks, and focussing too much on their planeswalker characters in a disjointed metaplot.
>>
>>53303853
Well, that's no reason to to try to explain to people what they're talking about. I mean, they are technically right. 'Cultural Marxism' is a proper term, and a lot of what they blame on it *is* championed by Critical Theory's proponents.
>>
>>53294617
The fact you believe a company cannot have Marxist goals tells me you haven't read Engels, and thus don't understand the actual basis of Marxism.

And yeah, just play with custom cards or whatever. A more organized effort using digital cards and bitcoin support would make things so much better.
>>
>>53303959
>>53303959
But that's fundamentally misrepresenting the major issue, that "slack-tivism" has reached critical mass, and the only things in life that are actually changeable, from a inter-subjective level, are things you can bitch about on the internet that have basically no impact on day to day life, and require minimum invested effort.

Why would anyone try to bring about real, meaningful change when someone will literally pay you money to spew generic platitudes that pander to the lowest common denominator? The answer is you wouldn't, and no body does, but it's worse than that because the ubiquity of these platitudes is utterly disarming to anyone doing anything meaningful. It's the whole faux-democratic discourse that's incredibly popular with idiots on facebook/twitter/whatever who fundamentally misunderstand meritocracy.

For example, here in canada they're talking about a holistic reorganization of curriculum to incorporate "native" discourse and cultural organization as nationally recognized educational certification. It isn't enough that shakespear has literally been replaced by native authors, they're talking about the complete social reorganization from an ideological perspective to accommodate a very small group of people, which stems directly from this bullshit, and all the "keyboard warriors" who think clicking like and mashing their face into a keyboard does anything meaningful. This is specifically designed to obfuscate the real issues in the world, as fed through hyper-subjectified social media feeds that perpetuate positive feedback loops. It's the panopticon, and there will be radical changes in the world while no one cares about real issues. Just watch.
>>
>>53283698
You know, you might be unto something...
>>
>>53288728
You don't want to see what would Lorwyn be under NWO, 'limited matters' and 'PC story' design.
For a example, the BG elves would be very different.
>>
>>53293568
>There is NOTHING complex about 1G 2/3
It also gives your lands +2/+2. Most lords in magic history have been rare, so there's precedent
>>
>>53303833
Ajani is literally considered deform and weak because he's white.
>>
>>53285462
So... Vintage. You're describing Vintage.

Good pissing luck.
>>
>>53292322
Buncha morons up in here.
>>
>>53294567
You. I like you.
>>
>>53281366
What the hell? i just started playing MTG (with the amonkhet deck builders toolkit) and what is this about subtle sjw shit?
>>
>>53305349
Other than the two mandatory target audience stand ins (Jace and Gideon), every good character is a female, a nigger or both. Every bad character is white and male with the exception of Tezzeret (who used to be darker-skinned). Not a year ago they were justifying a female character commiting genocide because a male character left her stood up and retconned the avatar of anihilation into an innocent fertility goddess.

WotC seems to be getting their writers from Seattle community college women's studies majors.
>>
>>53294617
You're retarded. They don't have it in their agenda, it's part of wider culture so it sells.
>>
>>53280278
>Bring back complexity. Make cards and games about more than just turning the biggest creature sideways.

>personally makes a ridiculous bullshit card and plays it off like they know what they're talking about

I see what you did there...
>>
>>53305954
What about that necromancer chick? isnt she a bad guy too? Also Amonketh is the newest set and the BBEG is nicol bolas. first up he has a shitty woman's name and second he's a dragon.
>>
>>53307065
Well, some of those people are now decrying dragons as racist symbols of white oppression that keeps nonwhites from enjoying fantasy genres. And to respond to your other question, they've been Kerriganing her for a while now.
>>
>>53307065
>woman's name but is referred to as male
>three colors

Obviously Amonkhet actually an attack on liberal values by having a bunch of white people coming to tear down his domain because they can't stand the thought of a Strong Independent Trans-Dragon of Mixed Ethnicity being ruler of anything.
>>
File: history.jpg (1MB, 2057x1956px) Image search: [Google]
history.jpg
1MB, 2057x1956px
i think wotc is doing alright
>>
File: 1467733111468.png (156KB, 362x259px) Image search: [Google]
1467733111468.png
156KB, 362x259px
>>53290526
>ebony magazine
>>
>>53290526
>needing to consult a black on how to make a B/W planeswalker a mulatto
i dont know how this slipped by her but its pretty funny that it did
>>
>>53292322
>wrong
that word is racist
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.