[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG Streams?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Stream-of-Annihilation.jpg (500KB, 1920x1160px) Image search: [Google]
Stream-of-Annihilation.jpg
500KB, 1920x1160px
Harmon Quest
Acquisitions Inc
Force Grey
Critical Role
and others.

Is there a glut of streaming D&D and other Table Top Role Playing games online now or is it just beginning?

Wizards of the Coast is about to do some mega stream with a bunch of streamer groups called the Stream of Annihilation, where they also plan to announce what the next adventure hardcover they'll be releasing is, but its just a weekend long thing being done in June.

Do you guys want to see more proliferation of RPG streaming for other games via video or podcast?

What games do you think really deserve a stream that gets promoted enough or is good enough to garner some popularity or attention?

Is this but a passing fad?

Discuss, if you are so inclined.
>>
>>53273638
I find I don't like the "high production value" ones. They always use the video mostly for facecams, which I'm not interest in and rarely show a map. And the tone and setting are largely too comedic, which makes it less engaging. I enjoy the low profile groups more, if the recording quality is watchable. Most systems that are not D&D could use more content.
>>
>>53274208
Got a link to any of those? I've yet to find a RPG channel outside the big name ones that had mic quality above "2009 Xbox live"
>>
>>53274356
I don't know how Xboxs live sounds, I can only say that I can tolerate the audio, though quality varies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtWrH6ReAZE&index=1&list=PLp-wjw6lssYlPbVMiYtST78JbvkHCYQ5h
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTMgwssoESY&index=1&list=PLkHhwaEKT9ym1g2yHPWhpoG2IyPggM7Uh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpPLLYDvwXk&list=PLTvwKQHVid4b7wj48L4zgJL2VWfQ99Orp
>>
>>53274208
Frankly the only way to do it outside of synched webcams IS high budget.

Especially if you're doing it live with a video switcher.

Yes it would be nice for maps and combat trackers, though they are likely for post production...

Just, if its something that's being streamed live in a studio I wouldn't necessarily setup multiple cameras. I'm vaguely proficient with the Livestream switcher hardware and software and for this I would do an open faced table settup with a Mevo camera. High Res bubble cam that can take multiple cuts out of the broader picture and run on a live stream over a switcher app that works on smartphones.

Ugh...I want to do this. I want the resources and charismatic group to do this with whatever game.
>>
Also, I know there's a LARP called Utopia Descending which just started which is set in a corporate ruled future and players are encouraged to create a social media presence for their character and stream video mid combat.
>>
>>53273638
>is this a passing fad
depends. what's the longest something can be around for before it's no longer a fad?
>>
>>53275281
I honestly have no metric of measure.
>>
>>53275248
>Frankly the only way to do it outside of synched webcams IS high budget.
Virtual tabletop application of choice and just let the GM or a player capture the screen.
>>
>>53275445
I mentioned "outside of synched webcams" right?
>>
>>53275594
Oh, is screencapture also called webcam? I only think of actual cameras when I read webcam.
>>
>>53275690
No, I might just be showing my age.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.