[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken World General Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: KillSixBillionDemons1.3.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
KillSixBillionDemons1.3.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
I'm playing my first session with some friends today, and i'm actually pretty hyped for it.

I was curious if someone had a cheat sheet for the game since a majority of our group is only loosely familiar with the system with the exception of me and the GM. If any edition after 1.3 was put out, it'd be great if you could post it.

Besides that:
>Have you had any interesting ideas for enemies or encounters recently?
>What class do you like the most play wise?
>Any house rules you think we should use for this system in particular?
>>
>>53269702
worst shit ever. DW might have good things for some, but one thing it cannot do is hack itself into a Martial Arts game.
It hasnt even PVP rules beyond "gm says what happens".
>>
The more I read into the system, the more I realized it highlighted all the things wrong with the setting. It turned me from being on the fence on the comic to just outright disliking it.
>>
>>53271549
>it highlighted all the things wrong with the setting
Expand please
>>
>>53271657
Not him, but the setting is just cool stuff taken out of its context and mashed together.

It’s not necessarily a bad thing to do, NGE famously did the same thing to great success, but NGE had some substance under all the imagery, K6BD is just nother ashallow hero’s journey.
>>
>>53274353
The hero's journey is meant to be a bit bland, honestly. What's interesting is everything happening around her.

The setting is basically Sigil but cooler, and focused around a sick Gnosticism/Hinduism/Buddhism mix with interesting backstory and that deep, dank lore that makes you want to dive in deeper.

I personally enjoy that there are a bunch of different ways to be aware of the setting; all sorts of shit is added in alt-text and the blurbs below the strips, but the author makes sure the really important shit is there for readers who just jive with the comic and don't want to bother with digging into the rest of it.
>>
>>53274472
>The hero's journey is meant to be a bit bland, honestly.
>Sigil but cooler
>deep, dank lore that makes you want to dive in deeper.

Are you the guy who got this comic accused of being shilled here in the past? Because you sound like a guy who's desperately trying to shill and not doing a particularly good job at it.
>>
>>53274472
>What's interesting is everything happening around her.

I might be a bit old fashioned, but setting’s purpose is to carry the story, not otherwise.
>>
>>53274550
Not him but I was in those threads. There was always one(probably the same) autistic faggot who screamed shill and tried to spam all these threads.
So at least both sides are bad as usual
>>
>>53274550
No, that wasn't me. I like it a lot, but will certainly admit that points of view like >>53274552 are valid. In this particular instance I think the setting is neat enough to make up for it.

I'll also admit that the art caught me in a way that helped me admire the setting. I wouldn't have been quite so interested if I didn't think it looked so dope.
>>
>>53274633
I think the main issue was just the guy who kept making several threads every time there was an update. It made what was a harmless comic a controversial issue because it was really easy for people to call him out as a shill, especially with the really awkward praise he tried to heap on the comic. But, what really was bizarre was how every criticism was somehow actually a feature to him.

>The hero's journey is meant to be a bit bland, honestly.

Stuff that sounded like this. Like, what? If the main story is bland, that's kind of a big issue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.