[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Imperium!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 22

File: New40kDarkImpFeature2-320x320.jpg (23KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
New40kDarkImpFeature2-320x320.jpg
23KB, 320x320px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/16/new-warhammer-40000-the-dark-imperium-may16gw-homepage-post-4/
>>
So no new news. A wasted article.
>>
>>53269169
Wow so GW is literally cutting off the old story and pushing it into the Cubard as the dark imperium.
>>
>>53269260
>hey guys we know you enjoy 30k
>so we made 40k 30k
>>
>>53269169
Wow, it's fucking nothing!
Wasn't this already covered in the article that talked about the map? All they did was say "btw he has primaris marines with him now"
>>
Blood Angel are becom squat now?
>>
I guess they're shooting for the same tonal change as Age of Sigmar that has hopeful good guys trying to beat the odds.

I'm gonna miss some of the grim darkness...some of it.
>>
>>53269319
they are angels

they are not supposed to stay on the same side of the livings
>>
>>53269169
Blood Angels confirmed for getting squatted.
>>
>>53269260
If it helps maintain the grimdark while they herowank on the other side I'm ok with it.

Because we all know they'll be herowanking either way.
>>
>>53269260
>>53269487
>Not understanding that this is the perfect set up to have the Sanguinor take away his armor, grew a few sizes and create a new Imperium like his father would have wanted, and not that kiddy thing his retarded brother has done on the other side of the Cicatrix Maledictum
>>
Why is Leviathan suddenly on the exact opposite side of the galaxy?
Other than them not wanting bugs on the Marines vs Chaos side.
>>
>>53269548
Good point, the Sanguinor is cannon still, right? Who else could it be other than Sanguinius manifested? Maybe the increased warp fuckery will allow him to manifest permanently, like it allows for demons to manifest.
>>
>>53269169
So Sisters of Silence are confirmed for existing in 40k? Where the hell have they been the last 10,000 years again?
>>
>>53269579

Heavy solar winds blew them off course?
>>
>>53269579
leviathan is entering the galaxy perpendicularly

it does whatever it wants
>>
>>53269604
They were kept secret by the Lords of Terra and "freed" after Wrath of Magnus
>>
>>53269319
The article literally says 'this isn't the first time they've triumphed against impossible odds though' because they think anyone but idiots actually think there is a chance they'll lose.

No they won't be squatted. At worst they'll do a Wrath of Magnus and just go 'oh not it was so costly our victory boo-hoo' and then nothing will change and the 'cost' will have absolutely no impact ever.
>>
>>53269636
>leviathan is entering the galaxy perpendicularly

What?
>>
I don't even know why this is being described as the darkest time in the Imperium's history. Literally everything we hear is about them winning. Chaos can't even control the Cadian gate area right by the fucking Eye of Terror, Guilliman is apparently winning EVERYTHING and now the Nids are gonna have their biggest Hive Fleet probably get broken on Baal. Not to mention Ghazz is gonna show up to lose on Armageddon for the third fucking time.
>>
>>53269579
It's huge as fuck and coming from *below* the galaxy. It's everywhere.
>>
>>53269682
from the void below the galactic plain, where there be monsters n shit
>>
>>53269682
This is not new news, its not even fake news
>>
>>53269685
Because GW is dumb. This is the the IMperium going brightmode. They got a stronger army than ever before, better tech, smarter leaders, are super-united, allied with the major Eldar factions (barring Dark Eldar) and apparently pushing Chaos' shit in in every battle we read about.

They just try to say its grimdark by going 'ohohoh Cicatrix Maledictum' but then it doesn't matter cause every fight we read is just the Imperium winning anyway.
>>
>>53269636
>>53269703
That's some thalassophobia shit right there
>>
>>53269591

The Sanguinor appears several times in the recent Dante book. There's also a new Mephiston book coming out soon and a book called Devastation of Baal.

Shits going down but I highly doubt the Blood Angels will be exterminated. Likely lose their planet and become a fleet based chapter
>>
>>53269636
And the part of the galactic plane they're entering from beneath is on literally the other side of the map, so unless they're coming from literally the entire underside of the galaxy it still doesn't make sense.
And then they'd ALSO be hitting the other parts.
They should've gone with one of the Kraken splinters that managed to become a full fleet, or a new one, instead of teleporting Leviathan.
>>53269689
It's clearly not EVERYWHERE or else it would've been hitting places other than the Tempestus and the parts of Ultima that border Tempestus.
>>
>>53269743
>instead of teleporting Leviathan.
Leviathan has been moving towards Baal since the 5th edition BA Codex, nothing has "teleported", the Hive Fleet is fucking everywehre
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (559KB, 1380x1008px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
559KB, 1380x1008px
>>53269256
at least we know the tyranids arent squatted now

>>53269636
leviathan entered in segmentum temptestus
>>
>>53269743
is there any info on how much of the span of the galaxy it's covering from below the plain?

I imagine they're in the same quasi-hiberntion state they go into when they cross the galactic voids, so maybe they need some really strong signals to lead them to opportunity. The ongoing attack on Baal and the astronomicon itself could both be worthy of splintered tendrils
>>
>>53269773
I was unaware I had to read marine side-codices to know what was going on with the bugs.
Though considering GW, that makes sense. Why put that in the tyranid stuff when you can put it in with the marines?
>>
>>53269862
This is...really sad but true.
>>
>>53269862

How many codices do you think Guard Players have to keep up with to know the name of every regiment someone's killed to the last man?
>>
>>53269888
Can we all just agree it sucks not to be a Loyalist Marine Faction and leave it at that? No need for us losers to bicker among ourselves.
>>
>>53269862
Did you also miss out on the last Tyranid Codex, the Rising Leviathan supplements and the Shield of Baal: Leviathan campaign book??
>>
>>53269888
I just figured any Tyranid references were 'they went to PLACE BUGS ARE NOTED TO BE IN IN THEIR OWN CODEX and killed them there/also Macragge/the Tau shit/etc'
>>
Is gulliman the mary sue of the most recent editions?
>>
>>53269807
From that picture it looks like ~50 years the Galaxy is dead. How is Chaos the main threat again?
>>
>>53269961
>defeated by Magnus in single combat
no, that place is reserved for the Armless Failure.
>>
>>53269924
>>53269912

Maybe that sounded more sarcastic than intended. I think its just the nature of codex writing. Everyone wants to hear their own wank which means everyone else gets treated like an accessory to it. I'm sure if I flip through my books I can find references to Marines showing up some place that isn't explicitly discussed in their codex.
>>
File: Ba2tYDYIgAEvmFB[1].png (595KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
Ba2tYDYIgAEvmFB[1].png
595KB, 598x448px
>tfw Flesh Tearers in an article about 8e
Fuck, I need to get off the hype train before it's too late.
>>
>>53269999
Checked. I wish they also say something about the Death Company while they are at it
>>
>>53269997
The current niddex has maybe one confrontation that isn't covered in it's adversary's codex, and that's shadowbrink. I say maybe because i I haven't read any chaos codex
>>
>>53269997
The thing is that the Tyranids getting near Baal isn't wank, it's the Tyranids getting some progress in that isn't noted in their own book. It stops with 'okay yeah they're stuck at Octarius'
>>
>>53270062
>>53270079

Fair enough, I guess I'm stuck in the guard perspective of getting mentioned means I'm already dead.
>>
>>53269169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

This is the second article they've done on this topic that's told us nothing we didn't already know.
>>
>>53269487
>implying nids and/or chaos wont job to imperium
>>
>>53269169
>Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble. This isn’t the first time they have triumphed against impossible odds though, can they make it out alive?
Of course they can, this is new-GW where in the Grim Darkness of the far future the good guys always win without any kind of long term negative effects.
>>
>GW's been hyping up Baal like the Blood Angels and literally all their successors won't be enough to stop a single tendril of Leviathan even though the Greatest of All Space Marinesâ„¢ tanked a whole hive fleet.
>Now Baal is cut off and things are apparently even more dire for them.

So they're setting up the Sanguinor to be the Deus Ex Machina Resurrection of Sanguinus to save the Blood Angels aren't they?
Also, they said Blood Angels can have Primaris Marines, how did they get there?
>>
>>53269169
At worst they'll do a Wrath of Magnus and just go 'oh not it was so costly our victory boo-hoo' and then nothing will change and the 'cost' will have absolutely no impact ever.

BA will complain about Guillemarines.
They'll win but cry about the cost.
They'll agree to take Guillemarines to replenish losses.

That way GW can show not everyone is happy about them, but still have an excuse to tske them.
>>
>>53270098
As bugs, we don't really care if a splinter gets murdered, they're rarely even named beyond 'a splinter of Hive Fleet X'
One of the few benefits of being the NPC Race.
Overall progress of the Fleets, though, including how far they make it and whatnot, that's important.
>>
>There, the light of the Astronomicon is obscured behind a psychic maelstrom of nightmares and the entire region has been dubbed ‘Imperium Nihilus’, or the Dark Imperium.

Even GW can't spell Astronomican right.
>>
>Dark Imperium
>BA turn chaos confirmed
>>
I'm glad at least half the galaxy has been spared from this Age of Shitmar reboot.
>>
>>53270195
>The Sanguinor goes to Dante
>Turns out Sanguinus' soul still lives in the Sanguinor, and needs only a spark to reignite it.
>But how Sanguinor.
>In a hidden chamber in the fortress monastery there is (INSERT BLOOD ANGELY SOUNDING NAME OF SUPER POWERFUL ARTIFACT WE'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE, BUT TO BE FEATURED IN A FUTURE HORUS HERESY BOOK INTENDED TO BE PRETEND THIS WASN'T JUST PULLED OUT OF THEIR ASS JUST NOW).
>The artifact transforms the Sanguinor in Sanguinus Reborn at great, but ultimately inconsequential cost.
>Sanguinus saves the day
You know it'll happen.
>>
>>53269961
Yes. He returns and the Imperium goes instantly from losing to having a bigger army, better tech and being on the offensive again the moment he touchs down on Terra.

Vulkan was apparently a loser since when the Imperium brought Vulkan back in a time of need he went on one mission and died.
>>
>>53269169

>Valhalla and Mordian on the Dark Imperium side

RIP those regiments
>>
>>53269169
This thing keeps getting closer to Age of Dusk.
>>
>>53269997
You know who doesn't get wanked in their own Codex? Craftworld Eldar. Read their Codex. They practically lose every second engagement.
>>
>>53270294
>And there were people who actually wanted GW to "advance the setting"
>>
>>53270301

Seriously considering refluffing "my dudes" to be on the bad side so I can keep them as grim derp as I like.
>>
>>53270098
Orks are in the same boat. Any time Orks appear there is a 90% chance they will lose, a 8% chance there will be no conclusion and a 2% chance they win (which goes to a 1% chance if Ghazz is involved).
>>
>>53269743
Leviathan is literally thousands of light-years across. It has more than enough forces to split up to attack any target anywhere in the galaxy. And the Hive Mind has specifically targeted the Blood Angels for extermination.
>>
>>53270263
>the cost is the entire Lamenters chapter
>>
File: New-Warhammer-Galaxy-Map.jpg (160KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
New-Warhammer-Galaxy-Map.jpg
160KB, 960x768px
So I am guessing in the top right the planet Desperation will become the northern Astronomican for warp travel? Arent the death spectres there?

>>53270320

I wouldnt mind, I think Age of Dusk was an interesting possible future
>>
>>53270388
You mean the <10% of them that are left after the last Tyranid Hive Fleet already had their way with them like an anime whore in a tentacle rape hentai?
>>
>>53270378

This will be timed to a Pyrrhic BA victory as the Tyranids devour enough marines to produce new horrible organisms.

They shall be named the Blood Tyranids, the most elite of their race and forged through constant war against the greatest of enemies.

Never has the Hive Fleet been so pressed by determined defenders but with new and more powerful elite Tyranid Warrior breeds, the Hungry Crusade will devour all in their wake!
>>
>>53270467
I myself am rooting for devouring Sanguinius' corpse and developing nid-marchs.
>>
>>53270420
No no, they rebuild them fully from super Gullimarines, only for them to hold the line with the guard while the blood angels chapter dosses about waiting for the Sanguinification procedure to complete.
>>
Currently armyless but if this leads to a new Mephiston model I might be all in on BA/Death Company.
>>
>>53270739
Suddenly the Lord of Death himself becomes a manlet overnight thanks to numarines. gr8
>>
>>53270861
Ahahahahah, marinelets btfo yet again
>>
>>53270168
>Implying anyone doesn't job to the magnifcent Imperium
>>
>>53270195
>how did they get there
This'll be easy, at the crux moment of the battle they'll arrive to turn the tide and save the day and earn their place as the true sons of Sanguinius/Roboute.
>>
All the new fluff since Wrath of Magnus has been so shit I can't even tell what is real anymore. They couldn't hire worse people to write this shit.
>>
>>53270331
In my infinite foolishness I thought Gathering Storm would end with the Imperium actually concretely on the backfoot for a change and forced to secede territory to other powers en masse and us to see majorr imperium forces actually lose.

Instead they just lost on Cadia and won everything else and are now apparently already poised to retake Cadia cause, shockingly, apparently most of the Imperium's forces didn't take part in the battle for Cadia and are only now deciding to get into it.
>>
>>53270509
Fuck no please, not everything has to be about Primarchs, bad enough the entire Ynnead plotline got hijacked by Primarchs, and the Beast got hijacked by Primarchs, please let Tau, Necron and Nids stay uninvolved with Primarchs.
>>
>Dark Imperium has none of the good guy factions other than SM
>Dark Eldar can conduct raids with no fear of enemy reinforcements
>Constant Chaos incursions
>afaik The Rock and most of the Dark Angels are in the dark Imperium
>Silent King and his loyal Necrons are in and around Baal

Gimme a dark Imperium trilogy ala Gathering Storm already
>>
>>53271434
The Rock is not far from Armageddon and still within the Imperium, as seen here >>53270410
>>
>>53271499
Shame I thought it was in Segmentum Obscurus
>>
>>53270388
All three of them :<
>>
Is the Dark Imperium still loyal?
>>
>>53269968
>How is Chaos the main threat again?
The way the Imperium sees the other factions right now is as follows:
>Chaos is on the rise (again), so they're the biggest threat of the century/millennia (especially after breaking Cadia and splitting the galaxy in half) because they've caused the most trouble lately

>The Orks are a lot more active than usual, and millions of them from across the galaxy are gathering in the Octarius sector if they're not Waaaghing! all over Armageddon to battle the 'nids, who is currently losing the tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan because of the Octarius War. Ghazzy's on the Warpath, and while Chaos obviously takes priority due to their obsession with Terra, the green tide is certainly a close second in terms of threat level as far as the Imperium's concerned

>The Tyranids of Leviathan can pop up wherever they choose in the galaxy thanks to their approach angle, but are only the dominant threat in the 'Dark Imperium' side of the galaxy since most of its tendrils are popping up in the Veiled Region, and the biggest one it sent out into the Segmentums proper is currently getting krumped by a bunch of angry space mushrooms. Aside from the unpredictable nature of the latest Hive Fleet, they're 3rd in terms of threat level.

>The Necrons are... the Necrons. Not much else to say on that.

>The Tau are the last thing on Guilliman's mind. Probably filed under "Xenos I need to exterminate later" since they're trying to steal worlds right out of his home turf
>>
File: confused.jpg (69KB, 800x610px) Image search: [Google]
confused.jpg
69KB, 800x610px
>>53270320
What's the Age of Dusk?
>>
>>53271687
Can you elaborate? Did you read th article?
>>
>>53270861
Tbqh those 3e models already look like manlets compared to the more recent SM releases. Dante looks like a midget with abs, especially given his pose. Easily added to the long list of character models that need updates.

>>53271135
A side story in Shield of Baal has Dante meeting the Silent King, who is wearing a death mask of Sanguinius, and mentions having met him.

So odds are the Necrons will be involved with whatever ridiculous storyline the Blood Angels have coming up.
>>
File: The Galaxy now.png (3MB, 1918x810px) Image search: [Google]
The Galaxy now.png
3MB, 1918x810px
>>53269968
Because of this you water headed moron. Chaos in a few weeks did more damage to the galaxy than the Tyranids did in hundreds of years. In a few years, if the Great Rift is not stopped, then reality will be dragged into the Warp and unmade.
>>
>>53271756
40k fanfic where it's 50k, the Tyranids and the Orks go extinct bringing in a new species that combines both traits and devour a third off the galaxy before leaving, Abaddon conquers and corrupts Cadia and races to Terra only to find out the Void Dragon had awakened and laid siege to the whole Solar System. Abaddon couldn't beat the Void Dragon, but he could contain him for a while.
Before all that, however, the Emperor decided "I'm done" and let Cypher kill him. The warpstorm below his Throne goes out of control and floods Terra with daemons a bit after the Custodes and as many holy artifacts and as much of the Terran population as they could carry evacuate to Titan.
Then the entire Solar System becomes Daemon Worlds except for Titan because the Custodes and the Grey Knights hold the siege for 20k years and Mars because the Void Dragon wakes up.

Throughout the whole thing, Primarches both loyal and traitor start appearing, the Black Templars become aligned to Malal, the Blood Angels have Dante succumb to the Black Rage and then become literal vampires, the Ultramarines become despots in Ultramar under I, CATO SICARIUS and I don't remember what happens to every other Chapter.
>>
>>53270294
Damn yes. I really dislike how soon the tide has turned, they should have let Chaos enjoying more having the upper hand
>>
>Following the emergence of the Cicatrix Maledictum, no world in the Imperium has been untouched by war, and there are many thousands of planets that cry out for aid and reinforcement. And that’s on the Terran side of the Great Rift!

"There is peaceful worlds in the Imperium"fahs BTFO.
>>
>>53271756
Age of dusk is the 2nd part of a 50k speculative background piece. See https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:The_Shape_Of_The_Nightmare_To_Come_50k

and sequentially https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Story:Warhammer_60K:_The_Age_of_Dusk
>>
>>53271982
>60k
>the Lion: "no more secrets!"
>so he then proceeds to have two extra "Chapters" made secretly and pulls a lot of secret bullshit
>>
>>53271843
Didn't they also fight a battle with the Necrons against the Nids when the Necrons where still soulless killing machines?
>>
>>53269344
Like we've actually had any grim darkness for the last decade.
>>
>>53269169
Does it mean the Mephrit Dynasty will come to the help of the Blood Angels?
>>
>>53269169
>Dark Imperium
I really want this to be a thing.
>Cut off from the emperor's light, and surrounded by threats it's a frantic fight for survival.
>No means it's too unsavory in increasingly desperate gambles to didn't back the darkness.
>Tech heresy, and dark deals with orks, dark eldar, necrons and even more foul xenos.
>Some desperate commanders even try to pit the dark gods against themselves
>Rumors spread of a renegade faction of Blood Angels searching for a means to resurrect their primarch.

Sort of set the scene up for a brighter Imperium to fight another civil war with is dark twisted cousin. Bonus points for Rowboat vs fallen Sanguinous.
>>
I hope being cut off means Blood Angels don't have to suffer including numarines in their chapter.

At this point I wouldn't mind if BA are squatted. I could stop buying marines at last.
>>
Why are they using the exact same storyline for 40k as they used in AoS?
Is this some kind of meme?
>>
>>53272273
I have an <insert favourite Chapter> army. Can I field Primaris Space Marines?

Any of the galaxy’s many hundreds of Codex Chapters can use Primaris Space Marines, along with many of the less Codex-compliant ones like Dark Angels, Blood Angels and Space Wolves.
>>
>>53270145
It verified the 'style' split at least. Grimdark for some, miniature Ultramarine flags for others.
>>
>>53272287

It's like poetry
>>
>>53271434
I thought the silent king was dicking around outside of the galaxy.
>>
>>53272287
It's like pottery, it rhymes. Careful about that talk though, you'll anger the GW apologists who are deluded enough to still be pushing the narrative that 40k isn't getting Age of Sigmar'd.
>>
>>53271135
Nope.
In this wargame about the clashing of armies, the only important thing is now about two dozen characters and whatever they decide to do.
>>
>>53272287
>Why are they using the exact same storyline for 40k as they used in AoS
>-insert Dalek voice yelling: "EXPLAIN!" here-
>>
>>53272287
Not even close. Everyone in Fantasy that wasn't Chaos (or Skaven) got a royal shitstomping. It was one giant string of "you lose" until they finally blew it up.

If anything, 40k seems to be going the OTHER direction.
>>
>>53272289
>>53272289
Don't remind me.

It's like when they said I could still use Tomb Kings.
>>
What century is it already? By the sound of it, it sounds like a multi-decade effort. How fast does it yake to make this new breed of Marines?
>>
>>53272287
These days, most companies only know one plot. (See - Blizzard.)
I don't think they do it on purpose; it's just the plot they reflexively use, because it's the only one they know.
(It also feels carefully designed so that you can *pretend* that the setting it creates is as dark or as bright as you want, and that that's the supposed intent.
>>
>>53272421
10,000 years because the imperium is stupid and cant make proper vehicles and weapons unless they spend millenia making it.
>>
>>53272390
You're being paranoid anon. The Blood Angels will still exist. They'll just be better, and truescale, and led by Virgil, the oldest living Primaris Marine.
>>
>>53272389
>massive sudden chaos presence
>empire split
>planets instead of realms
>Sigmar, I mean Gulliman, returns with a new army of supersoldiers to push chaos back
Yeah man its not exactly the same storyline made to fit 40k at all
>>
>>53269344
It's still a grimdark setting. This setting is fucking three decades old. Three decades of GW telling us how much the Imperium is beleaguered, besieged, falling apart. Unless you really do want a totally static setting (fine by me), they need to build something up in order to tear it back down. There needs to be something worth having in order for there to be stakes.

I'm long since over this setting simply being a million worlds all getting assfucked by a different demon or xenos
>>
>>53270263
>In a hidden chamber in the fortress monastery there is (INSERT BLOOD ANGELY SOUNDING NAME OF SUPER POWERFUL ARTIFACT WE'VE NEVER HEARD OF BEFORE, BUT TO BE FEATURED IN A FUTURE HORUS HERESY BOOK INTENDED TO BE PRETEND THIS WASN'T JUST PULLED OUT OF THEIR ASS JUST NOW).
You don't even need that, just use the Red Grail.

>sacred artifact
>contains the feathered faggot's magic blood
>easy method to trigger transformation (sanguinor drinks from it)

It makes too much sense not to do.
>>
File: hahah.png (265KB, 366x440px) Image search: [Google]
hahah.png
265KB, 366x440px
>>53271923
>Chaos in a few weeks did more damage to the galaxy than the Tyranids did in hundreds of years.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chaos has been try to destroy the imperium for over 10,000 years and has failed miserably up untill this point.
the only reason chaos even suceeded was because tyranids destroyed like 50% of the entire imperial navy during its invasions.

hive fleet leviathan, and kraken splinter fleets are still completely unopposed by the imperium
>>
Who will eat the Blood Angels first: Chaos or the Tyranids?
>>
>>53272389
He said 'AoS', not 'End Times'.
When AoS opens, we have Chaos winning battle over battle until Sigmar walks out of his workshop with a new army he just whipped up, and sends them on a great crusade that, honestly, reads exactly like the paragraph they gave about Indomitus today.
>>
>>53272421
I'm thinking that they'll skip at least a century ahead, since there's apparently entire new chapters of these guys, and they're already in dreadnoughts.

Chapters and their wargear, and people proving themselves to be worthy of dreadnoughting don't just happen overnight. Or now they do. Guilliman's return has meant that Dreadnoughts now come off assembly lines, dozens a day, and any marine can be interned now.
>>
>>53272448
>>53272472
This
Its embarassing
>>
>>53272456
Daily reminder that Chaos has only won 2 Black Crusade. One of the 13 was won by Orks.
Imperium 10
Chaos 2
Orks 1
>>
>>53272471
nids
>>
>>53271923
>In a few years, if the Great Rift is not stopped, then reality will be dragged into the Warp and unmade.
Sure thing, bud
>>
>>53272471
The Necrons will bail their buddies out at the last minute and the NPC armies can fuck off.
>>
File: Black Crusdes Brb.png (2MB, 1819x905px) Image search: [Google]
Black Crusdes Brb.png
2MB, 1819x905px
>>53272456
>chaos has been try to destroy the imperium for over 10,000 years and has failed miserably up untill this point.

Nope, The Black Crusades were about destroying the Pylons and ushering the Crimson Path.

>even suceeded was because tyranids destroyed like 50% of the entire imperial navy during its invasions.

Source you ass?

>hive fleet leviathan, and kraken splinter fleets are still completely unopposed by the imperium

It's outright said in the Deathwatch material is that the reason why the Tyranids are mostly ignored is because the Imperium is focusing on the Greater threat that is Chaos. Tyranids cannot blow up reality in a moment's notice while Chaos can.

>>53272490
Actually, they won all of them.
>>
>>53272514
It is. Read Fall of Cadia.

The Eye of Terror and the Great Rift are expanding in a rapid pace and will cover the whole galaxy. You already see the amount of destruction the initial stages of the growth caused. It's not stopping.
>>
How long until the Blood Angels accept the Mephrit Dynasty's offer of biotransference in face of insurmountable odds?
>>
>>53272540
You know that is false. Did you start playing on 6th or something?

In fact only 2 Crusade had secret objectives the rest are random crap.

One was only made to suck tzeench dick and another just to kill an ally
>>
>>53272389
Remember how hard SMfags cried when the Tau won some victories in that one warzone book? Yeah.

If Chaos or Xenos were allowed to throw some serious punches against Space Marines in the new lore (Imperial Guard/Sisters/Mechanicus don't count) the crying would be even louder than AoS complaints.

So every victory Chaos gets has to have a paragraph or two immediately after it with, "B-B-BUT DON'T WORRY! GIRLYMAN AND HIS MARINES ARE KICKING ARSE! YOU'RE STILL DADDY'S FAVOURITE!"
>>
>>53272540

Truly the worst retcon, this is the same shit that ruined Fantasy.

>Hurr durr Chaos can do no wrong.
>>
>>53269807
>hive fleet moloch
Fucking Hillary
>>
File: photo.jpg (60KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
60KB, 900x900px
>>53272540
>>
>>53272157
I think that was a 5e thing, which were still Newcrons. But it's been retconned from an honorable cooperation to the Necrons manipulating the BA into coverng their escape from Leviathan's warpath. As a nod to the previous stories, they had the encounter recorded as the BA allowing them to leave peacefully out of gratitude, rather than admit they were played like rubes.

>>53272348
He was, but he came back when he found Tyranids in extragalactic space. He wants to restore the Necrons to having souls and bodies and all, and sees the nids as the greatest threat to that goal.
>>
>>53272572
>>53272594
Please don't give Carnac (you)s.
>>
>>53272348
Read Shield of Baal, he's come back to murder nids while wearing a mask of Sanguinius to fuck with the Blood Angels.

Blood Angels agreed to team up with him for it while planning to turn on him after and he countered it by setting them up to take all the losses and left right before the blood angels won the final battle.
>>
>>53272575
Well, people apparently don't want it any more.
Even in this thread, you can see people happy the grimdark is gone, which is honestly like a vegetarian walking into a steakhouse, seeing they have salads, and then bitching that this obviously vegetarian restaurant serves meat.
>>
>>53272572
But in Fall of Cadia, it's revealed that in all the Black Crusades Abaddon was actually secretly destroying other pylons other than the ones on Cadia to prepare for this day :^)
>>
>>53272540

Crusades ushering the crimson path has to be the lamest fluff ever, since there are no risks involved for Chaos. They can always sulk back to EoT to lick their wounds and return after replenishing their forces. Even big military losses are negated because of this and any small objectives achieved count as victory since they have eternity of time to achieve their goals because time is convoluted in warp.
>>
File: 1494610003400.gif (1MB, 580x433px) Image search: [Google]
1494610003400.gif
1MB, 580x433px
>unironically playing space marines past 16 years old
Jesus Christ
>>
>>53272629
Yeah, I honestly couldn't believe all the people celebrating the huge reduction in grimdark. I couldn't help but think "How did you people even get into this setting in the first place?"
It's actually kind of mind boggling to me.
>>
>>53272637
That rewrite is fantasy level axing bad.

It make Chaos look like some cartoon anime villain.

With a "muahahahahsha secret plans! Fly into the sky!"
>>
>>53272490
Daily reminder that Orks and Chaos are the only factions to ever reach Terra and directly threaten the Imperium with annihilation (and only lost because the stories are pre-40k lore).

>>53272575
>Remember how hard SMfags cried when the Tau won some victories in that one warzone book? Yeah.
If they bitched when Tau won some victories in one warzone book, I'm amused to think how much they BAAAAW'd at how badly the Space Marines got their shit kicked in during the Beast Arises series (SM was getting curbstomped left and right during most of those books).
>>
>>53272581
>>53272572
>HUURR DURR I IGNORE LORE I DON'T LIKE

The first anon is moronically wrong and the other is stuffing his head in the sand and pretending that his trashy Tyranids are relevant to the unfolding story.

The point is...look at the galaxy. Look at the state it is in. Did the Tyranids cause this? No, motherfuckers, Tyranids had zero input in this. Chaos ripped the galaxy in half and pretty much made 3/4 of the Imperium go dark. Every single world in the Imperium now feels the pressure of Chaos. No one is safe. What are the Tyranids do this? Nothing.

Also the ONLY things that are keeping the galaxy afloat from the Warp are the pylons and there aren't many of them remaining. And the remaining ones are under attack. They go and the galaxy goes. Chaos doesn't have to slowly invade the galaxy, nomming world after world, It just needs those Pylons gone.
>>
>>53272689
Necrons and Eldar too. Hell Eldar where inside the palace more than Chaos ever did.

Reaching Terra is not a big deal. Everyone does it
>>
File: 1480440443454.gif (2MB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
1480440443454.gif
2MB, 500x639px
>>53272661
>posting on 4chan past 13 years old
>>
>>53272689
>I'm amused to think how much they BAAAAW'd at how badly the Space Marines got their shit kicked in during the Beast Arises series (SM was getting curbstomped left and right during most of those books).
If you weren't a newfag, you wouldn't have to imagine. No one did, because Orkz, despite being the comic relief race, are less of a joke than the Tau. What the Beast Arises did spawn though, was a mountain of shitposting about the Imperial Fists being the only 1st Founding chapter to be wiped out to the man.

It was so prevalent I didn't think the Fists would ever live it down.
>>
>>53272703
Anon the Pylon crap makes no sense at all. If it was half true the Necrons would be stomping Chaos cucks left and right.
>>
>>53272674
Shut up and stop baiting.

Chaos was always said to be the winner in fantasy since 1st edition. And Archaon was the guy meant to do it.

And we knew the Black Crusades had a secret plan behind them since that one quote in 3th/4th.
>>
File: shiteater.jpg (270KB, 848x581px) Image search: [Google]
shiteater.jpg
270KB, 848x581px
>tfw in the faction focus chaos abbadon is but "claiming" to be responsible for the cicatrix while the fluff about it also mentions how it was caused by the bloodshed in the damocles gulf and the birth of ynnead
>>
>>53272748
The Pylons were left to rot as the Necrons slept leading some of them to be destroyed by time or by deliberate action.

Necrons can only defend them now because the guy who built them has been dead since the War in Heaven by the Necrons own hands.
>>
>>53272751
Only 2 Crusade had secret plans. Stop pretending the bloody things mean crap.

They are bad writing at best and Carnac level of official shitposting at worst
>>
>>53269968
One of the books actually has prognosis what needs to be done if those tendrils are really just the tendrils in front of a wave.

They came up with 400% conscription in order to hold it back. More and they start pushing back.

Nids are slow and if you can bleed them, they start loosing.
>>
>>53272781
[Citation needed]

Chaos in 40k is a joke we all know it. The thing has more plot armour and asspulls than marine wank. Marines get the excuse of being the "heroes" even then its sad
>>
File: 7cab3fbc541d6f68f71afb38c9dfe03e.jpg (204KB, 1024x1463px) Image search: [Google]
7cab3fbc541d6f68f71afb38c9dfe03e.jpg
204KB, 1024x1463px
>Valhalla is stuck on the other side of the maledict.

INDEPENDENT SPACE RUSSIA INCOMING!!!!!!! NEXT NEW SELF EFFICIENT HUMAN FACTION, AHHH.
>>
>>53272765
Do you understand anything about the Crimson Path? The destruction of the Pylons allowed the Warp and Warpstorms to flood reality. The Warpstorms expand towards wherever massed blood and carnage happened/happening.
>>
>>53272797
>Tithe now requires 40%
Commissars are gonna need more bullets.
>>
>>53272806
TIME DILATION WARP FUCKERY

FIVE

MILLENIUM

PLAN
>>
>>53272805
Fall of Cadia

>Chaos in 40k is a joke we all know it.

Nice opinion
>>
>>53272662
Because the reduction in grimdark came about because DUDE SPACE MARINES KICKING ASS THIS IS SO WICKED AND METAL BRAH XDDDDD

If the grimdark reduction came about at the hands of Imperial Guardsmen or Sisters of Battle those same people would be screeching no end.
>>
>>53272806
Hey, if it helps differentiate Valhallans from Vostroyans, I'm all for it!
(I mean, all we have at present is 'Vostroyans send their firstborn, and Valhallans smell really bad.')
>>
>>53272806
>Imperial Guard
>ever being relevant in lore again
>>
>>53272782
Wrong. All of them had a secret main objective. Refer to Fall of Cadia. You ignoring the fluff and going "la la la" only makes you pathetic.
>>
If you dont own shares in GW then you have no right to complain or think they owe you anything.
Like umm keep dreaming sweetie lol xox
>>
>>53272831
GS books oh wow!

The same books that forgot the 13th ended and some how renamed the 14th as 13th
>>
>>53272870
This. It's going to be all about the Guillicast Eternals now.
>>
>>53272878
Are you trolling or being an idiot. Act as a human being or this conversation is over.
>>
>>53272819
I'd buy it.
>>
People actually defending Gathering Shit.

What now AoS lore is good and compelling writing?
>>
>>53272662
>>53272629

How are newmarines reducing grimdark? You guys just seem like dumbass fanboys.

We've had 30 years of lore explaining that theres only 1,000,000 Space Marines in existence, and somehow they keep the whole galaxy safe, but also they're shit marines compared to the ones from 30k, and their geneseeds are all fucking decayed, and they can't replace their tech, and their numbers are dwindling faster than before.

Like at some point I just found it impossible to believe marines were capable of defending the Imperium in any real sense.

I'd play a game and kill 35 marines, or read a book with marines dying in droves, and think, how the fuck can these guys defend a galaxy spanning civilization with an army smaller than China's?

I play Chaos mostly and as little as we ever got, in-lore, our shit always seemed stronger.
We had marines who were ancients from 30k, thus way better than modern marines from this millenium, and demons, who literally never die. Balanced against the continually shittier state of the Imperium it just always seemed more and more like 40k's battles were like pussy versions of 30k shit. And so its always that Chaos can bide its time and just basically wait for the Imperium to fall apart.

Creating an actually threatening new development from the Imperium is awesome to me as CSM. Maybe the battles can actually seem like they mean something.

They are objectively improving the lore, by giving themselves space to work with. You can't have a battle where 100,000 marines die like they did in 30k unless there's a lore possibility of them ever coming back from that. Robby churning out these new guys is exactly that, and it rules. They'll die in droves.
>>
>>53272870
They said that about Tau though, and now some real boooolsheet happening with them atm
>>
>>53272904
But anon its the exact same lore
>>
>>53272895
It's cute that autists on this site think their MUH NUCANON, and GTFO GROGNARDS screeching qualifies as "conversation".

You all need to get out more.
>>
>>53272895
Well I'm not the one defending shit lore. Jedi marines look better by comparison
>>
>>53272904
>hating steampunk aerial dwarfs
>>
>>53272904
>not even out yet
>its shit

must suck to bitterly live in the past and be afraid of the future

why do you even play this game?
>>
>>53272915
>but also they're shit marines compared to the ones from 30k
Where'd you get this? 30k marines die in hilarious droves compared to 40k marines, even to each other unless you have a name in the Horus Heresy novels.
>>
>>53272959
Gatherin Storm is out.

It is shit, and we are talking of 40k lore. The bar is already low
>>
>>53272959
Technically, post in question was referring to Gathering Storm, which is, indeed, out now.
And if they're going to give spoilers that are just plot-centric, I think we should be allowed to have reactions to those plot spoilers.
>>
All these fags crying about muh grimdark fail to realize that even after the Imperium got a demigod back to lead and new marines for a renewed offensive the Imperium is still beyond fucked, its even more grimdark now because the Imperium has a sliver of hope dangling before them but they still cant do anything about the end of mankind.

The warp is encroaching and they dont have the technology to stop it, this means that there is more space for Tyranids to evade therefore sending more of their fleets to whatever planet isnt filled with Necrons or Chaos. Everything sucks even harder for the Imperium, their primarchs are coming back and they still are completely fucking fucked.
>>
>>53270301
>all metal Guard regiments that haven't been touched since the 90s

They were already squated, they just didn't realize it yet.
>>
>>53272741
>If you weren't a newfag, you wouldn't have to imagine
...Fair enough. I wasn't hanging out here when the books came out last year, so I missed out on most of the shitposting fun.

>>53272721
>Necrons and Eldar too. Hell Eldar where inside the palace more than Chaos ever did.

>Eldar reach inside the palace
Last I checked the Eldar aren't actively threatening/trying to destroy the Imperium whenever they show up, which is why I mentioned Chaos/Orkz.
And when the zog did Necrons get to Terra? I never heard about that one.

>Reaching Terra is not a big deal. Everyone does it
Last I checked Tau are still out in the space boonies, and 'nids only got the GSC there because GW decided to throne them a bone.
>>
>>53272964
Abaddon, after he and his crew wipe out an entire space marines chapter, says that 40K marines are inferior to 30K marines. They are stunted brainwashed children compared to the legion marines.
>>
File: Codex_Angels_of_Death_FCover[1].jpg (264KB, 757x1059px) Image search: [Google]
Codex_Angels_of_Death_FCover[1].jpg
264KB, 757x1059px
I'm kinda surprised that the DARK ANGELS are not stuck in the DARK Imperium along with Blood ANGELS, away from the support of their succesors and facing attacks from the fallen. It just writes itself.
>>
>>53272748
>If it was half true the Necrons would be stomping Chaos cucks left and right
FUCKING THIS
This right here is what's pissing me off about the new lore, and hell the entire fall of cadia shit.
If the Pylons where the ONLY THING keeping chaos from insta winning why the fuck weren't there MASSIVE cron forces on Cadia? in fact where has the necron response to this been at all?
It's just a fucking bullshit asspull retcon that does nothing but piss off everyone but chaosfags
>>
>>53273010
Ok now I know you just started playing.

Necrons made a trip to Terra and mars. Battlfleet Gothic lore.

Hell even Gathering Shit books has GSC in Terra. Getting to Terra is not hard, everyone gets that to look bad ass. It is basically bad writing
>>
>>53272964
That's my point. 30k has these awesome battles where thousands of marines die on both sides.

Then we move to 40k where if 100 marines (of lower quality in every sense to their 30k counterparts) die, its a Big Fucking Deal. If 1000 die, some SM player has a stroke. Just seems boring. Like the battles in 40k are always going to be minor in comparison to what came before.

Yet they're always trying to hype up the threats of Chaos, Nids, Crons. Like, bitch, these new puny chapters hold off each one of these armies with fractions of the losses the legions took.
>>
Who gives a SHIT about space marines they are babbys first army you grow out of by 16
>>
>>53273059
Chaos is not a threat to the Necrons. Necrons are focusing their efforts on the Tyranids trying to stop them before they eat all the flesh in the galaxy.
>>
>>53273113
>Who gives a SHIT about space marines
About 90% of 40k players unfortunately.
>>
>>53273116
Why the fuck would Necrons care if Nids nom everything? Nids actively avoid Necron worlds.

Did I miss another shit lore?
>>
>>53273022

The Fallen are good though.
>>
>>53272721
>Reaching Terra is not a big deal. Everyone does it

Only Tau is missing, I hope it happens in some way because it would be hilarious
>>
>>53273156
>4th sphere expansion fleet materialises out of warp right next to terra
Book it
>>
>>53273076
>Ok now I know you just started playing.
Bitch please, I've been in 40k since 4e. Just because I don't know my BF Gothic lore doesn't mean I'm new to the game, ya arrogant git.

And I mentioned the GSC on Terra already. Seriously, learn to read before lashing out like an idiot.
>>
>>53273145
The Silent King want to return the fleshy bits and souls to the Necrons and he needs other races alive for it. The nids are the main threat because they would eat all possible test subjets.
>>
>>53273076
The Necron ships only went to Mars.
>>
>some Hive Fleets are so large they are thousands of light years across
>there are multiple Hive Fleets
>Tyranids have almost infinite troop supplies and don't know things such as morale or recuperation
>still unable to have any significant impact on the galaxy for some reason
good fluff tbqh
>>
>>53273150
Fallen spotted.
>>
>>53273185
>Since 4th!
Fucking adorable!
Come back when you have 30 years in it.
>>
>>53273221
But ramptant chaos is not a problem?

>>53273243
My bad. This was decades ago when the lore was at least mediocre to good.
>>
>>53273176
Does still count as Tau when the 4th Sphere comes out chaos corrupt? Because you know they will.
>>
>>53273247
they're an inevitable end to the universe, it doesn't need to happen now. I think it's neat to play a faction that's slowly harvesting everyone else, and is garunteed to "win" unless someone blows everything else up first. And even then, all that's lost is some food.
>>
>>53273299
>But ramptant chaos is not a problem?

Necrons are soulless.
>>
>>53273355
But they do care for the living hence the Nid lore thingy.

Fight Nids to protect the souls!
Chaos? Never mind we are soulless
>>
>>53273299
>he thinks the grimdark onry forever bullshit was good
And I used to wonder why kids today don't understand 40k.
>>
>>53273322
I'm not actually a Tyranid hater or anything, but those are also reason why they're so boring. I don't know a single assimilator faction in anything that isn't just spooky hordes of stuff that want to eat.
>>
>>53272481
This. Where is the time? All this sounds incredibly boring and confusing without a timeline!
>>
>>53273448
Mediocre to good. Mostly mediocre.
>>
>>53272797
The thing is, if the tyranids really were just the vanguard of an unstoppable wave that will consume the whole galaxy... then they wouldn't be fucking needed. Because any 'wave' big enough to be that sort of threat, doesn't need to fuck around with bullshit like attacking from new angles.
>>
>>53273322
>they're an inevitable end to the universe
Considering one of the biggest tendrils to enter the galaxy is currently losing to the designated 'comic relief' race in the Octarius War, I kinda doubt they're going to outlast everyone else in the setting.

At the end of the day, it's all a numbers game, and who can out-supply the other.

Let's be honest folks, come 50k the only dominant races in the galaxy will be the Orkz, the 'nids, and maybe the 'crons. Everyone else is gonna be screwed by then.

It doesn't help that Orks already live in their "win-state", since they live for war, and you can't swing your choppawithout hitting a dozen battles these days.
>>
>>53273431
no, it's fight nids to protect the flesh, which we will then inhabit.

Fight chaos because they're the antithesis of everything we are.
>>
Alright guys, I've been out of the loop for a long time and I need to catch up on 40K quick. Can anyone give me the quick and dirty on what's happened in the last 7 months or so? I would be very appreciative
>>
>>53273243
And honestly, only Necron players ever acted like it was a hugely impressive feat.

3 frigates flying at top speed and doing everything they can to evade contact, is hardly impressive when it comes to invading the Sol system.
>>
>>53269344
I'm going to miss what little there was. Only the opening paragraph and that one sisters of battle graphic novel ever delivered on the promise of gothic grimdarkness.
>>
>>53270263

there is a single feather of sanguinius hidden in a stasis field in the reclusiam on baal
>>
>>53271135

>largest empire in the setting has what are essentially greater daemons of the emperor in physical form

>bawwwww boo hoo why does everyone care about the biggest creation of the biggest empire in the setting

What a fucking assravaged faggot.
>>
>>53273789
He's right though. The entire HH series is shit because they made the mistake of delving deeply into the personalities of the Primarchs and making OC donut steels out of them.
>>
>>53270348
Well the big two page spread campaign in the current guard codex is about guard losing half a dozen regiments trying to siege some ork fortress. It ends with "we plan on a suicide mission to blow it up" after the orks chase the imperial navy away without stating how well that went iirc.
>>
>>53273755
Actually, we've got both. Nobledark AND Grimdark, on different sides of the warp rift.
>>
>>53269169
"The story of the Imperium: First, they created Space Marines, that were totally awesome but fucked everything up and caused an endless conflict. Then, they thought it would be a great idea, to create even stronger Space Marines. The End."
>>
>>53271940

>Tide instantly turned
>HALF THE IMPERIUM IS LOST

Holy fuck you Chaos pricks are never happy. The entire Imperium gets literally cut in half, with the half of it that's on the wrong side of the tracks consumed in darkness by the forces of Chaos and you guys are STILL not satisfied. I mean fuck, the track record for my Orks is one fucking planet plunged into war and OH WHOOPS CHAOS SHOWED UP THERE TOO. Yet you don't hear us bitching and moaning that GW isn't pandering to us being a real threat enough.

Seriously, you guys got half the motherfucking Imperium. GW could give you the other half too and if any part of the Imperium survived, you'd STILL bitch.
>>
>>53275637
>Seriously, you guys got half the motherfucking Imperium.

Yeah, because "cut from the Astronomicon" automatically means "ruled by Chaos" you dumbfuck.
>>
>>53275818

>Cut off from Astronomnicon
>Travel through the Rift impossible

So the planets there can't get help from the rest of the Imperium and they can't use Warp Travel. If you Chaos cum-guzzlers can't deal with them in that state, then you really are a bunch of useless fucks.
>>
>>53275934
Well, that superlogic applies for every other faction too, right, monglord?
>>
>>53275934

>other bad-guy factions getting attention in Warhammer 8th: Age of Chaos

If you're too brain-dead to see that they've done exactly the same thing as AoS and having Chaos rule over human worlds before the Stormcast Primerus show up to help them, you're beyond help.
>>
>>53275934
I mean now Chaos is stuck competing for those worlds against the various competent xeno factions as well as some of the worlds going super entrenched because of existing SM presence.

>Chaos captures a world and subjugates the population to slavery building idols to their gods
>Dark Eldar show up and steal all the slaves
>Necrons show up and implode the planet for shits and giggles and maybe to celebrate someones birthday
>Tyranids show up and eat everyone

None of those factions have to deal with Imperial reinforcements now so they are just screwing eachother over.
>>
>>53272805
Why do you bother then if it's all so pathetic? genuinely curious here man.
>>
>>53276227
>and maybe to celebrate someones birthday
I laughed way too much at this. And I'm a Necron player.
>>
File: kenson_low_last_chancers.jpg (454KB, 1200x1166px) Image search: [Google]
kenson_low_last_chancers.jpg
454KB, 1200x1166px
>>53270410

Is this map a mix of the New 8th Ed map and the one from the 3rd ed rulebook?
>>
>>53270410
Both the Death Spectres and the Purple Praetors
>>
>>53270193
>Yipes, the Blood Angels sound like they are in trouble. This isn’t the first time they have triumphed against impossible odds though, can they make it out alive?

>Article shows Blood Ravens fighting Nids instead.

>8e gets kicked off with the ultimate heist. The Blood Angels are going to revive Sanguinius.
The Blood Ravens are going to steal him.
>>
>>53273510
>fot a long time

I haven't played or read books after 5th edition, I have no idea what the fuck is going on in this thread. It seems like my beloved 40k is going the way of star wars
>>
>>53277543
Dawn of War 4: Fuck it, we still don't know which one's ours. We're just gonna take one.
>>
>>53272565
Reality is not one galaxy. There's thousands, millions of other Galaxies out there beyond that one.
>>
File: 156511.jpg (163KB, 898x512px) Image search: [Google]
156511.jpg
163KB, 898x512px
>>53273510
>Magnus fucks up the SW, pulls Prospero back into realspace opening a small wound on reality
>Abaddon's last crusade continues and the Imperials send reinforcements to Cadia as Creed defends the last city standing.
>Abaddon gets fucked up and must retreat, the Navy destroys his Blackstone fortress but they weaponize its remains and crash it upon Cadia destroying the planet and its defenders
>The Imperium retreats from Cadia and the pylons are all fucked so now the Warp is spilling over

>Deathwatch fuck up Eldrad who took all the Infinity Circuit souls to bring forth Ynnead but the ritual is stopped, Ynnead is stillborn and his less than a god but the Eldar now have something to save them from Slaanesh
>Commorragh gets overrun by demons and Biel-tan erupts, both are now broken in civil war because one side supports the Ynnead believers and the other doesnt.
>The mechanicus and Saint Celestine revive Guilliman because they fucking need him and the Eldar allow this because they need something to stand between Chaos and them

>Guilliman takes back his position as Lord Commander of the Imperium and now has made nuMarines to aid the Imperium.

The best part in all of this are Celestine's hips.
>>
File: 1465598537236.jpg (16KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
1465598537236.jpg
16KB, 500x322px
>>53277768
>there's millions of galaxies aside from our own
>>
>>53277860

HIPS THAT DON'T QUIT
>>
How are these threads somehow worse than /mtfg/
>>
>>53277860
>pulls Prospero back into realspace

I meant the Planet of Sorcerors where Prospero used to be.
>>
>>53277941
Because 40k is undergoing the biggest change since 3E came around, and the fluff changes are even worse.
>>
File: 40k andromeda.jpg (72KB, 550x325px) Image search: [Google]
40k andromeda.jpg
72KB, 550x325px
>>53277906
>>53277768
Im just waiting for a Warhammer 40000: Andromeda
>>
>>53278041
The Imperium loses, so Guilliman evacuates what is left of Mankind to the Andromeda Galaxy. But he is not alone, and worst of all he brings Chaos with him, to a fresh, untapped, untouched new galaxy that will now taste only war.
>>
>>53277979
At least we don't get all the trip codes all over the place like mtfg does. Like every other post is from some girl with a trip code and an anime image
>>
>>53277979
>>53277941
The setting had already attained a legendary status, 40k was in the top tier of sci-fi through pure overcooked, dumbass, grimdark, 80s heavy metal band memery. Now they keep doing things to the lore just because, and it was by many accounts pretty fucking good. I don't see how it could get better from changes.

It all started with them making necrons something else than unfeeling, unthinking killing machines from the past. RIP 40k
>>
>>53278070
And they make a vido game about it but forget to animate everyones faces
>>
>>53278070
Not retarded enough. They need to breach through the Super Eye of Terror and end up in Azyrheim or some shit.
>>
>>53270243
>BA turns chaos rumor

What year is this?
>>
File: SilentKing.png (74KB, 813x437px) Image search: [Google]
SilentKing.png
74KB, 813x437px
>>53273145
As a Necron player I like it. Szarekh is playing the long game. Though I disagree with the anon who says that Chaos isn't a threat, as the last few GS books have shown Necrons defending pylons and shit across the galaxy.
>>
>>53279959

Humans officially necronbros.

Maybe Lion El'Jonson will get a Necron waifu.
>>
I like that they have made 40k more grim dark. That should put a lot of the faggots that thought it was peak grim dark to rest.
>>
>>53270294
>Vulkan was apparently a loser since when the Imperium brought Vulkan back in a time of need he went on one mission and died.
Vulkan was already a loser for running away and hiding while his father's dream fell to shambles.
>>
>>53280402
In that same book Szarekh wears Sanguinius' face (a living metal mask of some sort) and meets Dante, who is understandably pissed, but basically tells him that he has heard Sanguinius was a somewhat reasonable guy and that maybe if he was in charge there could have been some sort of cooperation between the Necrons and the Imperium. He uses this to convince Dante to help them kill Tyranids, and suggests such an alliance could still happen for that purpose.

So maybe not bros, but a lot closer than many people think.
>>
>>53270334
That's an interesting point I hadnt considered. 8th basically lets you choose whether you'd prefer grimdark or noblebright(ish) 40k for your Imperials.
>>
>>53273277
40k will turn 30 this October. The only way you have 30 years is if you playtested it before release.
>>
>>53276319
>Necron Overlord has birthday
>Celestial Orrery dudes throw him a party
>Cake is the size of a small building with millions of candles
>Huge breath accidentally blows out a few planets
>>
>>53272289
>Dark Angels
>Blood Angels
>less Codex-compliant

Why do people keep saying this? Because they got their own codexes?
>>
>>53285372
They're quoting the Primaris Marines FAQ verbatim.
>>
>>53269169
So, since the Imperial Fists are now crusading, any chance they may find Dorn?
>>
>>53285440
Theyre assaulting the IW homeworld so, maybe? I hope they do and then we get to see that Dorn has been tortured for 10k years and has to be put in a kick ass dreadnought to survive.
>>
>>53285486
if that does happen you know they'll put him in one of those Redemptorâ„¢ dreadnoughts
>>
>>53285399
>GW doesn't keep up with their own fluff

Well, that's new.
>>
>>53272819
WE SPUTNIK NOW
EVERYSHIP ARMED WITH 7.62 KM CHAMBERED AK-40000
>>
>>53271135
>He doesn't know that Khan created tau
>>
>>53285486
>>53285547
Unlikely, if Cawl can make one life support armour for Guilliman, he can do another. On the other hand, we are still missing the Furibundus.
>>
File: 1439954421532.jpg (995KB, 2036x1426px) Image search: [Google]
1439954421532.jpg
995KB, 2036x1426px
>>53285626
>7.62KM
>7,620,000mm

Oh baby Jesus.
>>
>>53285785
Da comrade. We've substituted decadent superstitious "sacred oil" for glorious imperial proletarian cosmoline. Gun now runs in time, not like train.
>>
>>53277941
It's kinda hard to beat /mtfg/
im glad theres other mtfs that like 40k also
>>
>>53285486
>has to be put in a kick ass dreadnought to survive
It was such a pussy move by GW not to cram Guilliman into a superdreadnought for his return. I know his armour has life support but it's not the same.
>>
>>53272452
>the Imperium is beleaguered, besieged, falling apart
No major defeats, only wins against every other faction. Falling apart was a meme.
>>
File: www.jpg (148KB, 958x614px) Image search: [Google]
www.jpg
148KB, 958x614px
>>53286078
>>
>>53286095
Oh, okay, Tau were saved by a sudden diabolus ex machina of ultimate double-xenos who are going to eat everything. Surely that's how it works for every minor xenos empire!

I'll chalk it up as "sort of defeat" versus "Imperium stomps everyone else times infinity".
>>
>>53285372
Because having two veteran companies, one of which is entirely bikers, and the other of which only deploys in Terminator plate is not codex-compliant.

Neither is the death company. They're hardly "fuck da codex" like the space wolves Or the old, good Black Templar., but they qualify as "less compliant."
>>
>>53269807
who was ever worried about tyranids getting squatted?
>>
>>53286095
It's been implied several times that Tzneetch has a special plan for the T'au. When the Imperium first encountered them as a pre-space age xenos civilization and ordered a casual exterminatus a warp storm mysteriously materialized to save them.
>>
>>53287360
Idiots.
>>
>>53278070
They get there but there is no life anywhere including plant life. Everything is completely deserted with the exception of a few tyranid eggs lying around here and there.
>>
>>53286416
No, Damocles Crusade 1 (said to be a massive crusade) was defeated before news of Behemoth reached the Crusade.

Damocles Crusade 2 which was larger than the first got a straight out military defeat that was utterly humiliating.

The Tau grabbed a chunk of the Imperium and the Imperium countermeasure to stop their advance was blown away by the Great rift meaning that the Tau will continue to nom nomnom at the Imperium.

The Tau objectively have come ahead in their war against the Imperium.
>>
>>53287465
No, it isn't implied anywheres. In fact, a Lord of Change (who is a type of daemon that is a shard of Tzeentch) didn't know anything about the Tau. He had no idea about their history or if they can be corrupted or not.
>>
>>53287137
I wouldn't exactly call Ultramarines 2nd company a bunch of mooks.

>Death Company

You do know they're not an actual company in the chapter organization, right?

Also, what about stuff like the Ultramarines Honour Company?
>>
>>53287692
Damocles crusade 1 according to the rogue trader series was fairly modest in size, a quickly scrapped together war of faith who had no idea about the size of the tau empire. Crusade 2 was bigger and largish but had to consider with other attacks elsewhere in the imperium, received no reinforcements and were overwhelmingly on the defensive throughout the war
>>
>>53287744
>>53287744
>Damocles crusade 1 according to the rogue trader series was fairly modest in size, a quickly scrapped together war of faith who had no idea about the size of the tau empire.

Get updated. Latest lore said it it was massive crusade. Refer to the marine 6/7th ED codexes and the Farsight supp.

The Ultramarine painting guide has tidbit of lore that says 1000 regiments of IG fought on one of the Tau planets in the Damocles Crusade.

>Crusade 2 was bigger and largish but had to consider with other attacks elsewhere in the imperium

The Imperium took time for the Tau and assembled a mighty armada full of billions of Cadians and a heck a lot of tanks.

>received no reinforcements

Not true. Refer to the end of Kauyon and the start of Mont'ka. The only things that failed to arrive were the titan support which was said to be busy, IIRC, in other theatres in the system. Could be the new FW event.

>were overwhelmingly on the defensive throughout the war

Only at the start. When the fuckton reinforcements arrived that swarmed towards Agrellan with irresistible force but were stopped there by the combined forces of the Empire and Enclave.

It should be noted that the tanks battles fought on the planet were the largest ever in Imperial history.
>>
>>53287838
Doesnt the battle of tallarn have the largest tank battles?
>>
>>53287861
Typo. I meant to write one of the largest tank battles in Imperial history.
>>
>>53285372
They were used as an example because they have their own book yes. They're not trying to say those are the three least Codex chapters in the Imperium. Obviously Black Templars are less compliant than BA for example.
>>
>>53273009

Mordians just got a video game, anon. They live yet.
>>
>>53287706
tzeench is also the god of batshit.
i'd completely suspect that there are plans within plans within plans that only parts of tzeench himself knows about.
but that really doesn't make sense to me
>tzeench unaware of this race that was dragged into the warp via warpstorm
>or that's fuck with the imperuim a bit too much
>>
>>53271932
I'm in a process in re-reading it. This fanfic is really what got me into 40k more than before.

From what I rememeber, and to add to yours:

>Wolves split into Great C. and rape chaos until bitter end
>daemon that leads final assult on Titan is wearing Emps carcass as earring and ascend to godhood later
>fueled by hate/faith/obedience Emps become God of Order after death
>he's just as bad as Chaos gods, his daemon engines have simple, geometric shapes, his daemons are Angylls - faceless, silent etc.
>Necrons are split into oldcrons and newcrons (because he started writing while oldcrons were canon so he dodged the bullet)
>Tau are advanced as fuck, but also got bitter. they get almost wiped out by Nightbringer's or Silent King's necrons and then start over
>Vulkan emerges first and create Vulkan Imperium - shittier life quality than Imperium, but a bit more tolerant and most importantly - more open to science and progress
>Eventually Corax, Lion, Russ and Robo-Khan (Jaghatai that got stitched together using fucking C'tan. BBy the way - that C'tan was imprisoned in Ferrus Manus hands. And by the way - those were kept by mechanicum all along) jons in and Imperium Pentus emerges
>necrons can get reborn in flesh thanks to pariahs/blanks
>fists just fortify their positions
>chaos gods are merely parts of something much more powerful that's emerging from the warp.

There's so much shit happening, that I could go on and on. Fuck. Author got a bit too much into heroics lately, but he's lore, worldbuilding and mystic parts are still top tier. Too bad he's writing book right now, so he'll probably not finish it in next year or two.
>>
>>53273322

Necrons are the worst possible enemy for the Nids, and would thrash them good if I ever came down to the two.
>>
So, were primaris made on Mars on Emperor's order, or was it Girlyman ordering it from his Empire Secundus?
>>
Congratulations anon! 40k storyline/lore will now be handled by whomever you want and you will always be able to fix everything.

HOWEVER

you have to squat one faction. remember anon, no squatting well-selling models!
>>
test
>>
>>53288129
Are tyranids well selling?
>>
>>53288082
>>fists just fortify their positions
I really like this part.
The last order they received from Terra was to dig in,and so they've been doing this nonstop for hundreds of years
>>
>>53288129
Oh sure, the tau can go.
>>
>>53288129
Ynarri
>>
>losing an entire expansion fleet isn't even a minor setback for the Tau
>even after a ruinous war with the Imperium

Is there a worse faction?
>>
>>53288217
Eldars
>>
>>53288217
Yes, Imperial guard. Thanks Guilliman they can go back to the kitchen now that Primaris are in town
>>
>>53286078
>No major defeats, only wins against every other faction
Considering the two biggest Imperial wins in the last 10,000 years (the Horus Heresy and War of the Beast) are both considered Pyrrhic victories (RIP OG Imperial Fists), and a lot of the Imperium's history is generally spent fighting ITSELF (Remember that nutter Goge Vandire?), it's not exactly falling apart, but it's not quite stable either. Hasn't been since Emps got stuck on the Golden Throne.

>>53286095
>implying T'au Empire is inherently superior to the Imperium
Oh zog off. Only reason they're doing so well is because no faction has actually focused their full attention on those little upstarts yet.

Give the Orks another Beast-level WAAAGH! (or bigger) and point it toward the Tau, and the Tau's fledgling empire will be krumped by the greenskins and their Ork Attack Moons/Deff Starz very fast.
>>
>>53288521
>Oh zog off. Only reason they're doing so well is because no faction has actually focused their full attention on those little upstarts yet.

Objectively false. The Imperium focused their full attention on the Tau and lost.
>>
>>53288217
Obviously the Warp rift meant a temporal flux that gave them time to rebuild. Conveniently.

>>53288521
T'au can never disappear. They sell too well. Even if they should.
>>
>>53288989
The tau will never lose because that means GW looses a line of models. Unless they go AoS and make tau join robby gs imperium secundus.
>>
>>53288989
>The Imperium focused their full attention on the Tau and lost.
>full attention
>Only 2 Space Marine chapters participated in the 2nd Agrellan campaign, along with "elements from several other chapters"
>"full attention"
You're the one making false statements here anon, not me.
Full attention implies the Imperium hits the Tau with EVERYTHING they have. A task force hardly counts as everything.

Like I said, hit the Tau with a Beast-level WAAAGH! and see how long that lil' empire lasts
>>53289050
>T'au can never disappear. They sell too well. Even if they should.
Oh, I never said they should disappear completely. Get their empire reduce to just its first sphere Septs by another faction (krumped hard by Ork WAAAGH!, nomed by 'nids, Exterminatus'd by Imperials, etc)or lose their home-world on the other hand...
>>
>>53289406
No faction in the setting can focus their full might at a single target or faction but the Imperium did focus a incredible effort to wipe out the Tau and lost.

>Like I said, hit the Tau with a Beast-level WAAAGH! and see how long that lil' empire lasts

Great War of Confederation.

Heck, Ultramar managed to beat back Beast waaagh! on its own.

>>A task force hardly counts as everything.

It was a full scale crusade. A massive one. Alaitoc was nearly overrun with less forces than those in crusade.

>Oh, I never said they should disappear completely. Get their empire reduce to just its first sphere Septs by another faction (krumped hard by Ork WAAAGH!, nomed by 'nids, Exterminatus'd by Imperials, etc)or lose their home-world on the other hand...

Not gonna happen. They are in Great Crusade mode.
>>
>>53289797
>

>Great War of Confederation.
>Comparable to the WAAAGH! of the Beast
Now this is just silly.

A bunch of disorganized WAAAGH!s (plus Hive Gorgon) striking the Tau Empire at once isn't comparable to a "galaxy wide WAAAGH!" with the most advanced Ork technology seen in the lore to date (they had goddamn ORK DEATH STARS/ATTACK MOONS with gravitic weaponry that sliced through void shields like they weren't even there! It was fuckimg insane!). Beast-level Orks are much, MUCH stronger and advanced than any Orks the Tau have faced yet, and to claim otherwise is foolish at best.

This is just the IG fag in me talking, but if I had to choose between fighting Tau or fighting Beast-era Orks, give me the Tau any day, because they're they're easier for the Imperium to beat than a trying to fight the majority of the Ork race at once.
>>
>>53270294

How are the new marines suddenly ready? It takes, what, fifty years to train a marine? If they spent ten thousand years just creating the gene seed and growing the bodies, they couldn't be ready for war. You can't just found a new chapter and sent it straight into the meat grinder. It needs to be trained first.
>>
>>53290656
Who knows, maybe they were trained telepathically while they were growne
>>
>>53272915

The numbers for marines have always been fucked. Chapters should have been ten thousand strong and legions should have been at minimum one hundred thousand strong, with larger legions like the Ultramarines reaching a million and up. A company of marines, a force which is regularly cited as being able to conquer a planet or stop a planetary invasion, is not going to be able to stand up to an army of one hundred thousand men, even if they are equipped and trained to the standard of the shittiest guardsman. One hundred thousand men with armored and artillery support would decimate even an entire chapter. There comes a point where it doesn't matter how good your armor is, or how genetically enhanced you are. It's typically when there are more men firing at you with high-powered laser weapons than you have bullets.

Now a force of three thousand marines, I can see that, dub in, blunting an invasion, or taking out three or four divisions if dropped from orbit suddenly, but anything beyond that and you will need more. Ten thousand I can see taking a planet, but even that is stretching it.
>>
>>53275934

>no help from the Imperium

That's not uncommon.

"Planet X-32-Z-4889-7-3 is requesting support, Lord Administrator."

"Put it on the list."

"You are: #1333323333 on the Administratum Priority Channel. Please hold. Reinforcements will be dispatched in: three hundred years."
>>
>>53276227
>chaos complaining about how hard it has things
>without the imperium around to fight the xenos
>>
Dammit, "nihilus" (or a spelling not too far from that) means "nothing", not "dark".
>>
>>53292980
Void or nothing implies darkness.
>>
I have a question.
are we gonna get primaris scouts? I know there is no official word of it yet, but how likely is it?
>>
>>53293772

None. Sigmarines don't have scout equivalents.
>>
>>53293942
>Sigmarines don't have scout equivalents.

not sure if trolling. why would AoS model range be any indicator whether or not we're getting primaris scouts?
>>
>>53293992

They're aping half their shit from AoS including rules and general plot for 8th.

Just you watch and see. These guys are being billed as the super elite specials like stormcasts so it wouldn't make sense to be running around with halfbaked numarines.
>>
>>53294085
okay, I get what you're saying, but if they aren't clones with front loaded memories and skills, then wouldn't it make sense to run them through the same training program as regular astartes?
>>
>>53294085
>They're aping half their shit from AoS including rules and general plot for 8th.

Stormcast have scouts though.
>>
>>53295141

they have guys that fulfill that role but they are not lesser stormcasts that have not completed the sigmarification of their bodies.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.