[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for some cool adventurer starters, here is one I read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1458498412147.jpg (1MB, 3338x2513px) Image search: [Google]
1458498412147.jpg
1MB, 3338x2513px
Looking for some cool adventurer starters, here is one I read and liked but doesn't fit the campaign I am trying to run.

>Players were inside a busy tavern one night until something caused the tavern to erupt in flames. The following day the magistrate summons the party and accuses of them committing arson, however he will lift the punishment if they do a small favor for him.

Bonus points if it is Warcraft related, specifically the Barrens.
>>
>>53265911
I'd have something engage them more directly.

Have a group of bandits with a general theme and perhaps a leader with something distinctive who holds up the tavern. Booze stolen, patrons robbed, all that stuff. If my own PCs are any indication, even having 10 gold stolen from them "or the child gets it" is enough to get them involved and murderous.

Then they set the inn on fire, and you can follow through with the other part if they didn't defeat these bandits or ran away.

Maybe this is someone sending a message to the innkeeper, perhaps part of a protection racket and the mob?
>>
>>53265911
>Players were inside a busy tavern one night until something caused the tavern to erupt in flames. The following day the magistrate summons the party and accuses of them committing arson, however he will lift the punishment if they do a small favor for him.

Not a big fan of campaigns that start with the murder of a public official desu senpai
>>
>>53266571

testing to be honest
testing "to be honest"
testing desu
testing "desu"

testing family
testing "family"
testing senpai
testing "senpai"
>>
>>53266571
I think we can assume that OP's design is predicated on playing with other adults.
>>
>>53266587

shit replacement filter to be honest family
>>
>>53266589
>I think we can assume that OP's design is predicated on playing with other adults.

Half the point of role playing games is that you can do what is right without fearing the repercussions IRL

Any game I was a player in, that magistrate would be strung up within the week as a warning to other corrupt and/or incompetent idiots that their interference is no longer needed in this region.
>>
>>53265911
Here's an idea:
>players are all relaxing at an oasis when the snapturtles turn wild. (combat / avoid snapturtles)
>nearby evil druid is performing a ritual, summons evil fungus men and controls animals (combat when the fungus men raid the surrounding area)
Clues can be found from the invading mushroom men. The kind of fungus they're made of is unique to the cavern system / if you check a map of mushroom men attacks the cavern is almost in the middle of it / if the players still don't manage to track down the druid, a shaman is investigating the event because a water elemental is pissed off.
>cavern system shenanigans, more mushroom men, giant bat / lizard thing lives in there, final confrontation with the druid
>>
>here is one I read and liked but doesn't fit the campaign I am trying to run

So what are you trying to run?
>>
>>53266658
Just sharing it cause I thought it is cool.

Trying to run a Warcraft-themed campaign set after the Third War.
>>
>>53266641
Hey that's very neat. Thanks
>>
>>53266620
>Half the point of role playing games is that you can do what is right without fearing the repercussions IRL
Maybe it is to you.

>>53265911
Well, obviously the magistrate is extorting us. He doesn't actually suspect us, he just knows we're foreign mercenaries nobody will trust, and is abusing this opportunity to get us to to do his dirty work for free. He might even be feeling a little guilty about it.

We have our negotiator talk him out of this foolish decision, and get him to pay us a reasonable wage instead. That way, we can be friends instead of coming back in 10 levels to turn his flayed skin into a series of tasteful doilies.
>>
>>53266641
For a more Warcrafty plot, it could be a fel druid summoning evil Sporelings from Zangarmarsh in Outland. This could lead to an epic campaign to discover the source of these corrupted druids (which is not normally something that happens) that could take you all the way to Outland if you want it to.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.