[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutants and Masterminds: Red Son Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 9jArnp0.jpg (650KB, 1279x1967px) Image search: [Google]
9jArnp0.jpg
650KB, 1279x1967px
I'm going to be DMing an M&M campaign for my friends in a few weeks and I'm having some trouble.

The only adventure path we have, Emerald City Knights, is meant for 6-8 players, and we only have 4. Getting more will be difficult.

Instead, I want to create my own adventure path in the DC universe, since I know it quite well and there are books with stats for damn near every character.

One of my players hates Superman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter conceptually, because he finds them OP. So I've decided that we will be playing in the Red Son universe. No flash or MM, and Superman is our final boss.

So the idea I have in mind is a six part campaign (plus tutorial) that takes them across some of the most significant moments of the Cold War, starting in 1953 where they kill the original Man of Steel in the Kremlin as a tutorial, ending with them killing the other Man of Steel in a titanic showdown on the White House Lawn.

What would be some good events that could be integrated interestingly into this elseworld?

I want to do at least one phase in the jungles of vietnam, and another one on the moon if possible.
>>
>>53263397
Suicide Squad intervention in Afghanistan

Darkseid works in secret to reorganize the Nazis

Supergirl lands in America

Atlantis civil war in a Korean War kind of deal
>>
>>53263518
A Darkseid collaboration with, say, Vandal Savage to revive the Nazi Party on the moon that needs to be stopped before the Apollo mission gets back would be great if you could make it work.

But don't forget that Brainiac also had a big part in Red Son, so any space adventures may want to take that into account.
>>
File: brainwashed superman.png (85KB, 381x912px) Image search: [Google]
brainwashed superman.png
85KB, 381x912px
>>53263397
Funnily enough I was wanting to do a solo campaign where a bunch of heroes, possibly retired high fantasy heroes, happen to find the one last thing they can be challenge by: Goddamn fucking Superman under the control of Darkseid.
>>
>>53264988
>solo campagin

Yeah I think I'm up too late, I mean one shot.
>>
>>53263397
Half-Doomsday clones, the other half is human, with DNA harvested from Clark Ross. Any player who get the reference, gets 5 free power points.
>>
>Hates Superman, Flash and MM conceptually
What a faggot
>>
>>53265327
>What a faggot
This. That guy is a faggot, OP.
>>
>>53263397
Edgy.
>>
Hijacking thread to ask where I can get the newest PDFs for M&M.
>>
Just started a M&M game and could use some advice.
The setting is "real" world and metahumans have only been known for about two years, our group is a government assembled B team made to back up the Big Damn Heroes (the book iconics)
Our problems are two fold, one is that most of us knowing this plot made govenment agents, an army intelligence captain turned scorrcerer, my CIA agent fused with inhuman dna making him a shapeshifter with weapon-shifting (think Carnage ala Lovecraft), and a green beret.. we'll get to that, but our that guy decided to made am agorophobic (we since talked him out of that one) wheelchair bound, social inept "nerdy" mech suit guy who talks like the Jewish dude from family guy. He spammed all his points into skills especially computer stuff so he can hack the EVERYTHING but has almost nothing in powers besides fly really fast, one level of super strenght, and a shock-gun. The problem is 1: He demands to be in on every scene by telling the gm he's hacking something, and he dumped so many points into it you really can't say no. he also feels that because he's a "computer guy" in real life (guy hooks up printers for a living) everything he says computers should do is true. He also is unwilling to play anything but hyper-competence so the nasally crippled socially inept leet haxor is cocky and giving combat orders to three superhuman special agents.

The other end is more a mechanical issue, our other guy is the opposite end of the spectrum, he saw "Cosmic Power' and just said "All of that, and now" and sank almost everything into it so he's more or less superman. Problem is that how do we balance him being a giant hammer of fuck-you power and no non-combat skills to the two verstile guys and the combat-useless computer guy?
>>
Anyone who has run M&M before got advice for dealing with a speedster? My player basically did the template speedster and that motherfucker can run 64,000 miles an hour. I'm a bit worried about dealing with that shit constantly.
>>
>>53269681
Make it so that he can only maintain top speed for a few seconds, maybe two minutes with a stunt. That keeps him super without being 'run across the world' super.
>>
>>53269681
Closed spaces
>>
>>53269339
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/026war1l4oo42/Mutants_and_Masterminds
>>
>>53269681
Enclosed spaces. He shouldn't be leaving the map of normal play unless he's doing Flash's around the world punch.

But if he wants to zip around the room on a whim, that's sort of what he built the character for. And remember that besides the super speed itself, every power that he has is just flavor over a basic power component that anybody else can get.
>>
>>53270527
Thanks kind anon
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.