[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have your characters ever become a god? How do you define a god?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0353.png (2MB, 1910x1420px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0353.png
2MB, 1910x1420px
Have your characters ever become a god?
How do you define a god?
>>
>>53254923
>How do you define a god?
Any sufficiently powerful entity becomes indistinguishable from deity.
>>
>>53254923

'God' is very much rooted in context.

I had an AdEva character take the place of Adam, Archangel and lord of the Angelic race. The game died soon after, but it was pretty interesting.

I also had a character in an AdEva game I ran pull an amazing gambit. I was using the concept of the Collective Unconscious as part of the game. To protect the pilots from ego-death due to piloting their mechs, each one was imbued with an Archetype, an image in the collective unconscious, that reinforced their identity but, over time, threatened to rewrite it, making them more and more like that archetypal image of themselves.

One PC figured out what was happening and managed to, through amazing feats of PR and marketing, imprint herself so heavily on the collective unconscious that she herself became the archetype in the collective unconscious she'd been representing. Becoming an immortal, transcendent figure within the collective mind of humanity is pretty damn close to godhood.
>>
I had a character that ascended to godhood.
She became a goddess of strength, family, friendship, music, travel, giants, overblown retribution and all that sort of stuff.
Now she's known with the nick of "Mother of Titans" (due none of her blood-related kids being shorter than 4 meters tall), and she's rather happy of her position.
She's a protector of the meek , kids and orphans.

This said, a deity is a being of high power that is responsible for the creation and/or is in complete control of the existence of at least one factor of the universe.
In my aforementioned example, her main jig was "Size". Nothing about her is small. Big body, big muscles, big heart, big brain (although it might not look like it at first sight) big family, big family members, and even her rage is absolutely huge when unleashed (usually when her family is threatened. Sort of a Mama bear trope there).
>>
>>53254923
Where is the comic from?
Is that some christian extrmist thing?
>>
>>53254923
>implying whites arent objectively superior

what are christians such self hating cucks?
>>
3rd edition D&D game I ran lasted long enough to ascend to godhood
Godhood is defined by having a divine rank, which you gain after completing a series of trials overseen by a few of the other gods
>>
>>53259858
I wish games lasted that long today
It seems every game I start or join quickly falls apart and people leave
>>
Well, according to my last character, you get mentally abused by the god of time for a few decades until you shove is ticks and tocks where the sun don't shine.
>>
>>53254923
Yeah, I got to level 31 from level 1.
>>
>>53258833
Yes, it's a Jack Chick comic about a boy whose mother tells him that God doesn't exist, so he decides to become a mass murderer because that's what happens to people when they aren't afraid of being punished with eternal damnation.
>>
Demigod set to inherit godhood from his divine mother, is the farthest I've gotten.
>>
Yeah, but in a lot less impressive animist sense. In my main fantasy setting it's pretty easy to become a little g god. It also doesn't come with a whole lot of benefits unless you're already pretty powerful. Had a pc die, but he was already beloved and revered in his home region, so it didn't take long for them to start making offerings and shrines, and then not long after that he's back in action as a folk god.
>>
>>53254923
No, but they became a planeswalker after the GM jokingly made a few rolls for our Ravnica campaign nu-walker so the game didn't break. Came across Lilianna and Sorin and wasn't immediately murdered, so it's a victory for me even though the game died a slow and pitiful death and we can't get another off the ground.

I personally define a god as an ageless being with powers that effortlessly outclass average mortals, in the spectrum of a wizard causing a one-mile uberstorm to Poseidon tearing fault lines apart with his bare hands to a consistent tune of 6.5 or teaming up with Zeus to make a hurricane that could drown your average European-sized nation. The only things that can "kill" them are either specifically-tailored weaponry or sheer lack of belief in their existence/power. Their offspring, if any, are extremely favored by the likes of fate, their ancestry shows, and with sufficient training can be on par with their parents, though never strictly surpassing their abilities.
>>
>>53254923
>Gods are beings that are functionally immortal AND have reality warping abilities AND draw power from having followers "pray" to them.
these rules are in place in my setting to distinguish between powerful wizards or someone who uses a wish spell or powerful artifact and gods.
>the functional immortality means they live and exist til they die from unnatural causes. this is also tied to their followers and their abilities.
past this gods are still just something to be killed or to overcome. I have 4 PC's that have been playing under me about 30 hrs per week for the past 5-6 years that have reached level 100. they have been killing gods since level 30 and haven't looked back.
3.5 really starts falling apart after level 30 btw. its taken some serious fuckery on my part to continue the challenge.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.