[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faction Focus: T'au

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 366
Thread images: 66

File: 40kFFTauStormsurge2.jpg (160KB, 750x808px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFTauStormsurge2.jpg
160KB, 750x808px
www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/15/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-tau-empire/

On yeah, TOTALLY balancing the game, fellas.
>>
Wow. What complete bullshit. Lets just buff everything about one of the strongest factions, guys! I swear we are balancing the game! "We're making combat lethal again guys!" My ass. Suits are buffed to shoot 3 weapons instead of 2, have boosted movement, and can still shred anything with massive amounts of rape.

I was fine with units being able to fall back out of combat! It took away from being able to tarpit them (sometimes our only effective strategy), but at least it negated their ability to shoot back.

OH NO!!! we can't let our guys have a weakness! Lets just ignore the one FUCKING thing they had going against them because FUCK EVERYONE ELSE!!

I better get some kind of endless swarm rule for my tyranids and generate/regenerate wounds/models/units while ignoring the reinforce costs, because apparently balancing armies means to ignore what your army is weak against!

I NEED A GOD DAMNED DRINK.
>>
I'm debating selling my Blood Angels army after reading this. Jesus Christ. "Melee combat is viable again!" Bullshit, GW.
>>
File: 40kFFTauSnipers.jpg (109KB, 1200x552px) Image search: [Google]
40kFFTauSnipers.jpg
109KB, 1200x552px
>>53251238
yeah but drones are more fun now
>>
it's a hype article
calm your tits anons
>>
>>53251324
If by "fun" you mean making every nearby unit of suits immune to shooting, sure.

How about I bring several maxed units of shield drones and sit behind a gunline of suits all with 3 weapons, so they all gain additional 4++ wounds?
>>
There's no telling how many points these will be. Stop over reacting.
>>
File: laughingdrink.jpg (103KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
laughingdrink.jpg
103KB, 413x395px
>>53251324
oh hey drones can shoot and fall back too
>>
>>53251386
>>
>>53251403
Every flying unit in the game can. I sincerely can't see how is melee going to be viable. Even fucking assault marines are better at shooting right now.
>>
>>
>>53251229
>has more firepower than before
>can't stop them from firing by locking them in combat
>sniper drones can take out heroes from across the field
whelp
>>
File: trolled marines.jpg (138KB, 573x592px) Image search: [Google]
trolled marines.jpg
138KB, 573x592px
>>53251229
>Melee is definitely our weakness guys!!!
>nearly every unit mentioned in the article can leave combat without penalty
>stormsurge can leave combat, shoot, then charge into again
Tau are going to dominate with riptide wings everywhere.
>>
>>53251238
>I better get some kind of buff for my Tyranids
HA!

Why are you even still playing 40k? Is it masochism?
>>
>>53251363
Hype my kroot.

Seriously, falling back and shooting is complete bullshit.
>>
>>53251229
If tau are what this article makes them look like. I think I'm just not going to play against them.

>>53251386
Not to mention if you no manage to slog in, the fly key word lets them leave combat and keep shooting.
>>
>>53251440
Once again, GW proves that they're comprised of lying, money-hungry cunts.
>>
>>53251238
hey there
>>
>>53251539

how so?
>>
>>53251387
sadly overreacting has become the board culture
>>
>>53251564
>Close combat is totally going to be viable again, guys!
>But we're buffing shooting even harder
>>
I came here to drink tears, and I'm not disapointed so far. Please go on.
>>
>>53251551
Oh, hey, buddy! I'm kind of concerned Tyranid monstrous creatures might be too strong. Think you might take away a few of their options and increase their point cost?

Also, I'd love it if you could slow the lictor down. A friend of mine used one once and it killed one of my guys. Not cool.
>>
File: akuuulaugh.gif (895KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
akuuulaugh.gif
895KB, 640x480px
>>
>>53251238
Maybe everything will get recosted to about x2 points.

I don't think it's going to happen, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.
>>
>>53251459
have you seen the fucking profile?it's 3 models with effectively s5 ap- who hit on 5+. geez, what an overpowered unit, how is my girlyman even viable any more???
>>
>>53251238
Pssst. Nids probably use the new summoning rules. You need to leave points spare if you want to make stuff during the match. No infinite summoning.
>>
>>53251229
The instant I read the article I knew there was gonna be some fag like >>53251238

I just hope they remember to increase the point cost of Crisis suits, since they basically have a Target Lock and Vectored Retros for free now.

Triple weapons isn't actually a big change, since they could already get 3 guns by buying 2 and twinlinking one. The difference now is that twin-linking is gone so rather than 5 extra points for that extra bit of accuracy you're having to buy a full extra gun.

Also, Markerlight nerfs are the biggest deal here. It being limited to rerolling 1s instead if boosting BS to an insane degree means that having small mediocre markerlight teams isn't much worse than having a BS 5 drone controlled markerlight drone team, since you still only need a couple hits to get enough rerolls, and the extra doesn't do much.
>>
More importantly, is this apostrophe in "T'au" new? Why the change?
>>
>>53251324
Those really seem underwhelming against something like guard. Unless markerlights also have the sniper rule you'll be shooting at a 5+, and wounding a T3 guard character on a 3+, then they'll get armor and cover. Sure they're pretty durable if another tau unit is closer and they'll get to double tap at 24" but that's 2 hits with no AP or damage modifiers. If they're cheap they seem workable but they just don't seem that amazing. The wound transfer is probably the most exciting bit and these guys will crumple to any damage you were pointing at a battlesuit, meaning the ablative wounds aren't going to last for long.
>>
>>53251324

Confirmed. Sniper can shot at characters even when said characters are not the closest of the targets.
>>
>>53251675
copyright
>>
>>53251675
It's always been the name of our homeworld. It's just the name of the empire as well now.
>>
I feel bad for Tau players now, nobody will agree to play against them if they have this bullshit behind them.
>>
>>53251324

>You can now always allocate wounds to drones instead of other units so long they are within 3" of friendly units.

Finally, it makes sense to pick Shield Drones.
>>
>>53251675
Not really. It was the name of their home world since forever. Pretty minor as far as name changes go.

Better than becoming the Toa'tall'y A'we'so'me T'au'a'u'da'r'i Em'pi're
>>
>>53251600

how does one contradict the other?
what does it matter if suits can move out of combat and shoot if there is none left after the charge?
>>
>>53251638

That's when they are alone. In reality, they will have BS 1+ so long they have the little Tau Observer.
>>
>>53251690
God ducking damn. Does nobody here actually know how sniper drones worked last edition?

Everyone moaning about BS 2 is a retard.
>>
>>53251662
also they straight out nerfed the stormsurge and the fact that riptides weren't mentioned at all (non of the currently overpowered units ever are), besides that they're a common sight and very strong, indicates a coming nerf.
>>
>>53251727
>Drukhari
>>
File: 1455572379756.png (136KB, 170x342px) Image search: [Google]
1455572379756.png
136KB, 170x342px
>>53251610
I will definitely take those suggestions into account when I finish writing the stupid bugs. Unfortunately it takes some time, but I need to rush through them so I can dedicate myself to the new Guard codex.
>>
>>53251710
Our?
Sound like some insufferable sports fan..."hurr durr we gunna beat you this weekend, our team is best team"
>>
>>53251675
>Astra Militarum
>>
Tau was a mistake.
>>
>>53251638
>who hit on 5+

You're implying Tau characters won't be able to buy a DRONE CONTROLLER.

Which will allow any DRONE units within 3-6" of a drone controller to use the Character's BS instead of their own.
>>
>>53251717
delusional bullshit
>>
Calm down, eldar will still be the most unfun faction to play against with scatbikes as far as the eyes can see
>>
>>53251323
Calm down, it's ultimately points values that make or break armies - and it looks like GW will be prepared to adjust those more quickly than they have in the past.
>>
>Tau Riptides Wings are a common sight.
>Mass producing Riptides.

I don't think they will get an increase in points with such a statement.
>>
>>53251756
As long as they need the big battlesuits, it'll be fine. Crisis suits might be more dangerous now, though I'm also highly expecting them to get a point coat increase to compensate. I mean, multimeter are 27 points now. That doesn't bode well for fusion blasters that are just slightly under them.

Crisis suits might actually become the 100 point dreadnought equivalents they were always called out as in the fluff, except instead of durability it's just mobility and fancy guns
>>
File: dany.png (435KB, 812x672px) Image search: [Google]
dany.png
435KB, 812x672px
>>53251551
>That filename
>>
>>53251827
*nerf, not need. Fuck big battlesuits
>>
>>53251637

If that's the case then they HAVE to 2x the points of scatterbikes and wraithknights
>>
File: img_0511.jpg (566KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
img_0511.jpg
566KB, 2048x1536px
Missilesides or Railside now that TL has been replaced with firing twice and the shooting rules have been reworked?
>>
>>53251745
he was part of the unit, now there's no mention of him at all in the unit description. so either he's out or you'll have to buy him seperately at a cost. and even if they had that bs+1 they would still hit only on 4+ with 1s rerollable if they spend a markerlight. this discussion is a whole lot of autistic screeching.
>>
File: i kinda want it.jpg (10KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
i kinda want it.jpg
10KB, 240x210px
>>53251691
>vet tact squads of 30k can all be given sniper special rule.
>they can also be given combi-plasma at a squad level.
i really hope FW keeps that true.
>>
All I want is better flyers and Alien Auxiliaries.
>>
>>53251766
Aw, man, thanks. Also, I have a brilliant idea for a new Tyranid unit. It's a bug that appears only from reserves. It has to enter on the Tyranid player's table edge, it can't hold objectives or contribute to victory in any way regardless of any rules in any edition, and when it misses attacks, it rolls to wound itself instead. This is all, of course, to balance its totally awesome ability: Synapse Burst.

On the turn this model enters the field, all Tyranids within 36" of it are considered to by in synapse range.

A little OP, I know, but I hope the tactical drawbacks I listed balance it out. I figure this unit should be Toughness 4, 4+ save (wouldn't want to be tougher than a marine, after all!), 4 wounds, and can only attack in melee.

It would probably be balanced at a cost of 100 points, but if you think it needs just a little more balancing, maybe make it so krak missiles get a +1 to hit against it? You know, because its psychic power is like a magnet for krak missiles. You could write some fluff about it being killed by krak missiles to rally hype the players up!
>>
>>53251868
Need to see weapon stats. The AP on the rails should be nice, though.
>>
>>53251723
I guess it works in combat now too! So you dont even need to worry about CC. Just bring units of 3 flamer suits in front of shield drones. 3d6 flamer hits per fast moving no deep strike scattering suit, plus overwatch, the ability to ignore a ton of wounds in and out of combat, and can still fall back to shoot again.
>>
>>53251868

Missile sides should be explosive weapons. They have High-explosive, not autocannon-equivalent, in their name com on.
>>
>>53251229
I was hoping to see them say "Yeah, Tau MC spam and broken cheese is getting out of hand. So we're making Pathfinders, Firewarriors, and the like better so you can have a combined arms thing going on! Kinda like lore!" Instead they just said screw it, Stormsurges aren't strong enough and melee is never going to happen because we've suddenly decided Tau are a super mobile army.

DEldar better be fucking fast as sound and able to freely leave and enter combat from entirely different games.
>>
>>53251868
>8 S7 -1rend d3 damage shots
or (probably
2 -4rend d6 damage shots
>>
File: 3a7.jpg (77KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
3a7.jpg
77KB, 680x680px
>>53251747
>implying they'll work exactly like last edition
>ad hominem insult
yeah, into the trash it goes
>>
>>53251440

It does sorta make my Seraphim happy.

Then again, pistols can fire in melee now.
>>
File: jp-tau-005.jpg (136KB, 1024x695px) Image search: [Google]
jp-tau-005.jpg
136KB, 1024x695px
>>53251945

Missile Pods are AP-1 and D3 damage per shot now. D3 is an explosive roll. Therefore, I expect missilesides to be more explosive rather than more dakka.
>>
>>53251879
I've got a terible idea. What if the observer guy became a character and he is the only way to get a drone controller?
>>
>>53252043
Are they still going to be assault 2 though? We shall see.
>>
>>53252043
the thing is we don't know how many shots a missile pod has now and how many points it will cost.
>>
>>53252070
would be fluffy and balanced, i'd say.
>>
>>53251868

On the plus side, Railguns are deadly now.
>>
>>53252114
Oh man I cant wait for the railgun. I'm expecting

60" heavy 1 s8 ap-4 damage d6
>>
File: IMG_20170515_202456.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170515_202456.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
I wonder how the plasma rifle will fare in 8th
Also what's the name of the thing on his shoulder ?
>>
>>53251977
Jetpack units (battlesuits and drones) are pretty mobile in 7th with 6 + d6 +2d6 movement. Tau basically had 2 movement phases a turn.

Also, stormsurges getting 2+ to hit when anchored is better then doubling your shooting?
>>
>>53251977
>I was hoping to see them say
bullshit, they never did that in any faction focus. they only slightly hint at some of the broken units in the introduction texts (scatterbikes, wraithknights, riptides) and don't mention them at all when they're talking crunch.

also they nerfed the stormsurge in this one by taking away their double shooting phase. wtf is wrong with you, it's like you don't even pla-
oh, nvm
>>
I eagerly look forward to trolling the local space marine players with this shit, especially since most of them are annoying alt-right kiddies.
>>
File: IMAG1148.jpg (244KB, 1136x616px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1148.jpg
244KB, 1136x616px
Aww yeah. I made these and never played them because I have been discouraged with 7e. I'm looking forward to seeing their full datasheets.
>>
>>53252188
i think it's the target lock, but gw never really elaborated on it except in the very first tau codex iirc. it's more of an aesthetic gimmick now.
>>
>>53252198
Got any (fun) stories from those alt-right kiddy ?
>>
>>53251238
Lol what? For one, Riptide Wing is gone, that's immediately a huge hit. And for two this info is so incomplete you have no idea wether any of this is a "buff".
>>
>>53252189
it's only 3+ to hit, rerollable 1s when combined with markerlight.
>>
>>53252229
So no regrets about removing it and taking a missile pod ?
>>
Also Fourth Sphere of expansion has spread the Tau across the galaxy while the Fifth one is expanding their main empire.
>>
>>53252262
Waoh, that's even worse then I thought. So if they want to retreat and shoot, they can't be anchored so they are firing at bs 4+?
>>
>>53252254
Yeah, for all we know Crisis suits are gonna be 30 or 40 points baseline now before you even start strapping guns to them. Said guns probably being more expensive as well.

Sure, you can slap 3 Fusion blasters on a Crisis suit, but it'll probably cost you 90 points
>>
>>53251229
If Tau are the quintessential mobile shooty army that can't fight melee to save their life, in an edition where melee is more prominent, it stands to reason that they'd need some way to evade and/or escape melee combat or they'd stand a good chance of being dead to the last model after a single turn of combined melee combat.

Have we even seen what a melee-heavy or even melee-capable army is capable of yet in terms of charging and/or combat? I'd expect they'd have ways to get into melee and stay there, and against opponents they outclass I'd expect melee to be extremely deadly.
>>
So..they have nerffed Markerlights?
>>
>>53252330
Yeah, they have to stay still for the bonus. Also means they can't combo it with their ability to walk away from combat.
>>
>>53252351
We haven't seen anything yet. Only thing that worries me is that Over watch feels uneccesary with the mechanics for falling back.

I mean, without it, you'd have assault dudes getting shot, charging in, killing something, then the shooty unit Gallo,t back, shooting, and it would just cycle.

Adding in an extra round of snapshots feels really dumb in this edition
>>
>>53252330
also you have to consider that they will have lost several wounds in combat and probably get a penalty for that as well (maybe lose weapons or things like that)
>>
>>53252351
We only know what's been released so far. While it is reasonable for them to have some defense vs melee, it seems they went too far. Between supporting fire, unlimited overwatch, and now the ability to moonwalk out of melee and then shoot the unit you just left, Tau are now essentially immune to melee. You will die trying to charge them, your survivors won't be able to kill them, then they just step back on their turn and finish you. They'll need to give assaulters some pretty impressive abilities to make them viable.
>>
>>53252414
I'd guess it's to punish a unit that manages to obliterate one of the Tau units in a charge, which means that it's considered a likely possibility. Probably left in place to prevent a rolling collapse of your whole board as a Tau player from a single successful charge from a really strong melee unit.
>>
>>53252455
I'd expect any tough melee unit, or multiple melee units working in concert, to murder most any Tau unit in melee even with this confluence of rules. Melee units will do that even in the present edition, and it's extremely unfavorable to melee in most any form.
>>
File: Tau Pathfinders.jpg (397KB, 842x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Pathfinders.jpg
397KB, 842x800px
>>53252287
basically no, but don't you have another free shoulder to put the missile pod on? I also can't stress enough how important it is to see the new rules in their entirety before you start changing your models.
>>
>>53252359
seems
>>
>>53252359
Unlike +bs, rerollig 1s do not stack. So that is quite a nerf.
>>
>>53251662
My problem isn't much with the Tau rules, but with the fact that every flying unit can retreat and still shoot, or the confirmation that flamers auto-hit in overwatch (so they went from 1d3 to 1d6 automatic hits).

Unless we are missing something melee is going to be fucked in the ass.
>>
>>53252525
>basically no, but don't you have another free shoulder to put the missile pod on?
But it's three module or weapon by suit
If I put the missile on the other shoulder it would be cheating
>>
>>53252582
Also no mention of other modes as of yet.
>>
>>53252601
i figure flamers will cost more now than they did. if they end up with one fully kitted krisis (2x plasma, 1 flamer) for 90 or sth. it's completely ok imo. i also can't imagine many tau players equipping everything with flamers now.
>>
>>53251977
>Instead they just said screw it, Stormsurges aren't strong enough
They just listed a whole bunch of nerfs to the Stormsurge, what are you talking about?
>>
>hey, we know you guys see the Tau as OP bullshit so here's what we plan to do

>makes them even more bullshit and overpowered

So, I guess we know what GW wants to sell. Is there anyone here who plays 40k and isn't on the GW payroll that actually still wants to play this game? This shows that the game doesn't even matter and it's just a way to pimp models. So why do you continue to be GW's sugardaddy? Because GW gets all pretty for you and gives nothing back?

Anyone who plays after this abortion is masochistic and a disgrace.
>>
File: 1395286579346.jpg (131KB, 955x629px) Image search: [Google]
1395286579346.jpg
131KB, 955x629px
>>53251539
Trust just we are the new games workshop.
>>
>>53252617
>But it's three module or weapon by suit
>If I put the missile on the other shoulder it would be cheating

that's what I mean by waiting for the whole rules to come out before you change anything.
>>
>>53252724
Say hello to the new Games Workshop, same as the old Games Workshop.
>>
>>53252601
You're missing the fact that flamers are now AP - and don't ignore cover, removed models don't have to come from the front (so overwatch killing some models doesn't extend the charge distance and make you fail the charge), markerlights will be much worse synergizing with overwatch fire than before, and for the Tau units to retreat from combat next turn they have to still be alive after you hit them and then they take battleshock on their bad leadership.
>>
>>53252601
Well markerlights should be way less effective for overwatch if they work at all. That cuts a lot of power out of what used to be the teeth of Tau overwatch defenses. If Tau need to start bringing flamer Crisis Suits to defend their lines I think I'm okay with that.
>>
>>53252455
>They'll need to give assaulters some pretty impressive abilities to make them viable.
Considering the greenskins and 'nids haven't been shown yet, and that they just abandoned the one thing that was really crippling one of them (SO LONG i2, NO ONE WILL MISS YOU!) in assault, I wouldn't be surprised if we DO see some extremely impressive abilities for Orks and nids when they get their faction focus. The kind of abilities that will make Tau once again extremely vulnerable to melee.

If Orks/'nids are suddenly allowed to move 7+" instead of the normal 6" in order to compensate for shitty saves would be a nice start. Not likely to happen, but an Ork can dream I suppose.
>>
For fucks sake give me Necrons already. All I want out of these teasers is to find out what gauss and living metal do in the new system.
>>
File: 1398963842634.jpg (27KB, 336x400px) Image search: [Google]
1398963842634.jpg
27KB, 336x400px
>>53251229
>>53251238
I always enjoy tears. Stay mad Imperium/Chaosfags.
>>
>>53252723
>Is there anyone here who plays 40k and isn't on the GW payroll that actually still wants to play this game?

The swarms of kiddies that Age of Sigmar brought into the hobby. Given that GW has modeled 8th on that godawful ruleset, we know who's to blame.
>>
>implying Tau don't need all this fall back panic button help because the no man's land in deployment is shrinking and transports can dump chargers after a 12" move
>>
File: Look Mom! I'm trolling on 4chan.jpg (156KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Look Mom! I'm trolling on 4chan.jpg
156KB, 500x362px
>>53252723
>Anyone who plays after this abortion is masochistic and a disgrace
triggered
>>
>>53251858
>Double the points of Wraithknightas
One can hope.
>Double the points of Scatbikes
Probably not the bikes as a unit, but I doubt you'll be able to get nearly as many scatter lasers or for nearly as cheap.
>>
>>53252723
>Anyone who plays after this abortion is masochistic and a disgrace.
>>
>>53252775
Yup. Without Riptide Wings using shitloads of markerlights from Drone Nets to overwatch at full effectiveness, Tau should be much less scary to charge.
>>
>>53252804
No, fuck your tin-men

Give me GSC

We are an army entirely based in formations, moving into an edition with NO formations.

How the fuck are they gonna pull this off? will cult ambush remain? stealth? new psyker powers? i need to know
>>
>>53252582
Forgot to mention, this also means boosting overwatch is also weaker. 6+ to hit rerolling 1s isn't that scary, especially compared to boosted overwatch of a 5+ or even 4+.
>>
File: 1477355952174.jpg (81KB, 803x617px) Image search: [Google]
1477355952174.jpg
81KB, 803x617px
>nobody mentioned <sept>
>>
>>53252775

Also, keep in mind that failed battleshock tests on battlesuits remove MODELS, not wounds.
>>
File: 1459787679426[1].jpg (46KB, 862x521px) Image search: [Google]
1459787679426[1].jpg
46KB, 862x521px
What's the matter, nazifags? Mad that the good guys are winning?
>>
>>53252883
It will just be: Farsight, Not-Farsight.
>>
>>53252893
>tau are the antifa of the setting
Makes a lot more sense desu
>>
>>53252895
noo
>>
File: Me gob when.jpg (69KB, 405x401px) Image search: [Google]
Me gob when.jpg
69KB, 405x401px
>>53252883
><Klan>
>>
>>53252883
This is honestly what has me most hyped out of this entire reveal. I'd love to see more variety and flavor between different Tau armies.

>>53252895
Greater Good, please no.
>>
>>53252883
it's like <chapter>, with the only crunch-relevant decision being empire, farsight, warp-tau.
>>
File: scoria tech preist.png (997KB, 645x657px) Image search: [Google]
scoria tech preist.png
997KB, 645x657px
>>53252893
>nazis
what did the idiot xenos mean by this?
>>
>>53252475
It's obviously just there so Tau can continue to shit on everything.

A single successful charge won't kill your whole board, it'll just kill the units that were charged. They'll still be there with their dicks in the wind for you to light up on your turn.

Can't have balance, that would be bad.
>>
File: Crisis Suit.png (443KB, 636x900px) Image search: [Google]
Crisis Suit.png
443KB, 636x900px
>>53252887
expecting more single suicide krisis now
>>
>>53252895
>>53252937
>>53252949
pech
planet vespid
vior'la
>>
>>53251743
Because they won't fucking make the charge. Multiple overwatch combined with Tau's supporting fire will fuck almost anything.

And that's if the melee units survive slogging across the table.
>>
>Tau are long range fighters who avoid melee
>"why do they avoid melee combat?"
>>
File: kroot_by_Skirill.jpg (183KB, 900x633px) Image search: [Google]
kroot_by_Skirill.jpg
183KB, 900x633px
So I take it that kroot will begin being phased out as well.
>>
>>53252925

Let's hope they double down on "your dudes" stuff like this. Renewed rules support for subfactions would be phenomenal.
>>
File: Orky stabby knife.jpg (108KB, 599x669px) Image search: [Google]
Orky stabby knife.jpg
108KB, 599x669px
>>53252864
>>53252804
Zog off, both o' ya.
Da Orkz iz more important to da settin' den tinheads an' jeanstealerz. Wez should be next!

>>53252893
>Mad that the good guys are winning?
>Fishfaces
>Good guys
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Da blueberry finks dey're da 'good guys'! Now DAT iz a good laff!

Everybody knows da Orkz an' Yarrick (an' his boyz) iz da best guyz in da galaxy!
>>
lool he wrote in ork language
>>
>>53252949
There's a lot of septs in the Empire, anon. <Sept> seems to imply that at least a few of the major ones will get a special rule each.
>>
File: ork tears.jpg (20KB, 292x384px) Image search: [Google]
ork tears.jpg
20KB, 292x384px
>>53253017
>>
File: orks everywhere.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
orks everywhere.png
96KB, 394x294px
>>53253017
>tfw you strike first on the charge
>>53253043
>not ork posting
>'et a lod uf diz git
>>
>>53253043
>lool
WOT DID DA 'LIL GIT MEAN BY DIS?
>>
>>53252965
nope nope nope. a single successful charge of thunderwolf cavalry, black knights, a daemon prince or greater daemon or anything like that spells desaster for most tau builds if they manage to be locked in combat for the tau player's round.
>>
lol funny
>>
>>53253072
I FINK IT IZ HIZ BATTLECRY BOSS! WRITTEN WITHOUT CAPS, REALLY PATHETIC AND PUNY, JUST LIKE ALL DA `UMIEZ!
>>
>>53253002
>implying supporting fire remains unchanged.
it hasn't shown up in the sniper drones' profile, so it's debatable if that will continuer to be an army-wide special rule.
>>
>>53252864
Imperial Agents here, I feel your pain
>>53252804
Fuck everything else Necron but heavy/destroyers, flayed ones, pariah and monoliths
>>
>>53252617
The modules are aesthetic nobody cares
>>
>>53253124
Hmm...maybe it'll be a rule for Fire warriors and the like instead of everything? That way the goal is to have your suits charged since they can fall back while fire warriors support them?
>>
File: gt out.jpg (9KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
gt out.jpg
9KB, 271x186px
>>53253078
>can't even point to the post's he's responding to.
>widely circulated meme speak
>barely anything to say.
'e'ze a tossa diz one
>>
>>53253076
They won't keep the T''''''''a'''u locked in combat though, they can just fall back and unload on them.

Even if the unit that fell back can't shoot, everyone else can.

Melee is going to be even worse off in 8th than it was in 7th. Every charge will be a suicide charge. Even if they make it to close combat and kill a unit they'll be dead the next turn.
>>
File: Clunk.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Clunk.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>Purposely not actually replying to anyone to avoid giving up precious (You)'s whilst shitposting
>>
>>53253156
that would be kind of fluffy
>>
>>53252799
Nids are already confirmed for having highest base movement on infantry with Gaunts, no hard numbers but they had a comparison of some Eldar infantry moving faster than Space marines, and Gaunts moving even faster than them
>>
>>53253188
>>
>>53251229
>Every Tau battlesuit can leave melee at will and fire at full BS in the same turn.
I sure can't wait for the most playtested edition of 40k everâ„¢
>>
>>53253247
not broadsides
>>
>>53253176
So you use your increased charge distance/movement distance overall to commit to multiple charges at once locking up hard-hitting shooters instead of being content with just one unit making it into contact, duh. They can't fall back and letting their friends open fire on your charging unit if they're all falling back.
>>
File: 1494077863711.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1494077863711.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>53253247

Did they honestly say this was the most playtested edition? If this was the most playtested and this clearly has none, I guess it's no surprise that balance has been so trash for so long.

Pic related. It's GW's message to its customers.
>>
>>53253247

>implying Ld 6-7 suits are going to survive a single round of combat and the accompanying battleshock

Getting there will be the problem, not killing them.
>>
>>53253310
Yes. In the 40k 8e video they streamed on release day they said this was, by miles, the most playtested version of 40k.
>>
File: doomsayer.jpg (49KB, 247x350px) Image search: [Google]
doomsayer.jpg
49KB, 247x350px
>>53253176
they couldn't do that in 7th, which was my whole point.

as for your ramblings: you simply cannot know how it will be if you don't know the rules. everything you do is just implying that rules that work against your assumptions will stay the same and that rules contradicting your assumption won't be introduced. it's a whole lot of nothing.
>>
>>53253334
>release day
oops, meant announcement day
>>
Nicassar psykers, please...
>>
>>53253348

All these Chicken Littles will look absurd if it turns out all vehicles actually can go full speed before dumping assaulters.
>>
File: 1488949433939.jpg (19KB, 409x393px) Image search: [Google]
1488949433939.jpg
19KB, 409x393px
>>53253334

Then that is fucking hilarious. What a joke.
>>
>>53253377
yeah. sadly, autistic screeching is more common here than on any other topic.
>>
>>53253270
They can still all fall back and get their "other shooting phase" (as the article put it).

And where is the "increased charge distance/movement distance overall" coming from? Charging units get an extra inch of wiggle room, but they're still constrained to the 2d6 range. Which means that if someone falls back there's no guarantee that the melee unit will even make it back into combat even though they're taking more overwatch shooting.
>>
>>53253397
They also specifically namedropped the Riptide as an example of "no more overpowered units". I bet I'll be feeling that Riptide nerf as it leaves melee and hoses whatever's left of the unit after the untouched Tau overwatch.
>>
>melee rules spoiled
>"Sweet, can't wait to fuck Tau shooting over with it!"
>turns out Tau can forego the anti-shooting aspect of melee

Well, gee, how great.
>>
>>53251229
Get over it, 40K has always been like this. If anything streamlined rules mean that casual play will be much better.

I am kind of bummed with the changes that Daemons got though.
>>
>>53253017

Why isn't orkposting a bannable offense? Every ork player on every single website does it, and it's obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>53252723
>This shows that the game doesn't even matter and it's just a way to pimp models
This right here is what I dislike so much about AoS. It really felt like they said, "we don't really care about having a game, but we want you to buy our models, so here's a brick simple ruleset so you can feel like you have a use for your models." Admittedly they've stepped up the game since then with the General's Handbook, points, etc. but the core still feels like Baby's First Warhammer. Some of the stuff revealed about 8th I like for the simplicity, particularly removal of templates to remove the headache of scattering 20 shots, the movement stat to cut down on special rules for faster units, and returning more or less to the old rules for psychic powers but some of it I really don't care for. Initiative in combat was a good system. Morale was just fine, the issue wasn't with the mechanic itself but with everyone and their daemon dog ignoring it. Everything can hurt everything seems like a way to keep from discouraging younger players that get upset their guard squad can't hurt an imperial knight, but the wound chart they came up with is probably the best way to implement it. They're super insistent on making games go by really quick, like they want us to play for as little time as possible for some reason.

7th has a lot of issues, but I'm going to be clinging to 30k for as long as I can until it shifts over as well.
>>
>>53253415

>people bitch about broken rules in a supposedly well playtested system and pay GW money to do so

>what a bunch of autistic screeching, entitled fuckers

So, how much is GW paying you? Because no normal person would be this anti-consumer without an agenda.
>>
>>53253415
>autistic screeching

Nah, fuck you. GW said that melee is going to be viable when damn near everything they've spoiled so far says the opposite.
>>
>>53253436
>Enemy unit falls back from combat in their movement phase, probably just 6 inches
>Shoots you

>Your turn
>Move up your movement speed
>Charge
>You're in combat

Only thing that might complicate things is assault moves, but with unit types being different and them not saying anything about the Fly Keyword letting you JSJ, that might not even be a thing
>>
>>53253377

How will that rule help horde armies in any fashion?
>>
File: laughing eldar.jpg (355KB, 446x400px) Image search: [Google]
laughing eldar.jpg
355KB, 446x400px
>>53253454
Mon-keigh cannot handle the bantz?
>>
>>53252808
Speaking as a Chaosfag, I dont care about being the strongest army. I will be happy if I will actually just be a little stronger than now
>>
>>53251771
>ITS IP SAVEASS TIME!!

>NO GW NO
>>
>>53253506
>>Your turn
>>Move up your movement speed
If you survived the ensuing volley of fire and battleshock test on their turn
>>Charge
>>You're in combat
If you survive overwatch.
>>
>>53253467
>paying
>agenda
oh look, >it's da jooooooz all over again

srsly, you can't complain about broken rules when (a) you don't know most of the rules yet and (b) you're talking about a faction focus in which the faction concerned has been outright nerfed by the standard of 7th ed rules so far.

so who's pushing an 'agenda'?
>>
>>53253436
Part of it is the variable movement statistic; this means that for certain armies, your dedicating assault units WILL have more than 6 inches of movement in the movement phase; Gaunts might have 10 inches, for all we know, but no hard numbers. Just that "Eldar move master than Guardsmen, and Hormagaunts will run faster than both."

On top of that, removing units as you pick instead of From The Front means that Overwatch isn't shaving down your charge distance. So, even before you're talking whatever movement statistic your charging unit actually has, you're gaining 2 inches or so from the combination of not losing from the front and having 1 extra inch of wiggle room.

So yeah, if I want to get a unit of Hormagaunts into charge, I'm pretty sure they'll be able to scoot a fair fucking distance with 8-10 inches of movement, then running instead of shooting, and then charging.
>>
>>53252138
GW said in the weapons article (pretty sure) that weapons that used to be twinlinked are now able to shoot double the shots instead of rerolling misses. That includes the Railguns the Broadside uses.
>>
was this the first time a unit was so openly said to be nerfed ie. stormsurge can't fire twice anymore

>in the new edition, this has been changed to a more reasonable ...
aka shooting twice wasn't fucking reasonable
>>
>>53253443
Riptide ain't gonna be that scary when the most common gun was just a slightly better Battle cannon with a heavy 3 option.

What's that gonna be now? D6 S 8 AP -3 shots for d3 damage each? With no ability to boost BS or ignore cover? Especially on Overwatch?

The Riptide goes from putting out pieplates of doom to being a couple of Lascannons at best.
>>
File: 1494801360990.jpg (36KB, 318x320px) Image search: [Google]
1494801360990.jpg
36KB, 318x320px
>>53253555
Pic related, it's you. Nice deflecting by saying anyone said shit about Jews and say that Tau got nerfed when all we see are buffs, and all the rules we have seen so far are broken and have no reason to think they all won't be as broken given GW's track record.
>>
>>53253511

Who said anything about horde armies? I'm talking about people saying Tau will be unassaultable in general. We'll have to wait to actually see rules from the horde armies, if that's your concern.
>>
>>53253613
They also implied it with Eldar Scatbikes, but didn't say how those were changes
>>
File: 26204_md-Kroot, Lizardmen, Tau.jpg (59KB, 800x659px) Image search: [Google]
26204_md-Kroot, Lizardmen, Tau.jpg
59KB, 800x659px
If only could we get some new auxiliaries.
>>
>>53253634
If you read that article without seeing any nerfs, you need to go back to school
>>
>>53253634
>when all we see are buffs
Markerlights appear to have been nerfed hard. No formations is a big nerf to Tau relative to the armies that didn't use them much.
>>
File: you.jpg (213KB, 610x407px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
213KB, 610x407px
>>53253634
>when all we see are buffs
>>
>>53253634
That implies that Tau needs to be nerfed. They doesn't.

https://www.tabletoptournaments.net/t3_armies.php?cid=0&gid=3
>>
>why is a shooting army good at shooting!?!?
>FUCK YOU GW!!!

I fucking love how autistic 40k players can get
>>
>>53253592
Pretty sure Orks are going to be 4" or 5", so they're going to have a smaller threat range.

Unit's owner choosing which dudes die is barely a consolation prize when shooting is going to be even more deadly. Wee, my boyz mob that started at 30 models might be able to get 5 into combat.

>inb4 trukks
Yeah, I super pumped for toughess 5 transports. They'll be T6 if we're lucky. Probably with some shit save like 6+ too, if they'll even get one.
>>
>>53253677

>Tau stuff gets nerfed but is still stronger than everything else

>Tau weakness in melee is now negated since they can just leave

Yeah, what a nerf. How will they ever recover from that? Look, stop fucking shilling. It is so obvious it hurts. Or at least I hope they are paying you. If you are a Taufag doing it for free then that is pathetic.

And if you aren't either then I don't even know how you dress yourself in the morning.
>>
>>53253124
>it hasn't shown up in the sniper drones' profile
you mean "for the greater good"?

They called out the name change in the article
>>
>>53253465
This is literally the first edition in decades where GW has actually given a shit about rules quality.
>>
>>53253710
rubric murines were always slow and purposeful

no way orks are slower than 5"
>>
>>53253752
I'm expecting Orks at 5", with Mega armor at 4"
>>
File: 1494041483612.jpg (353KB, 2047x929px) Image search: [Google]
1494041483612.jpg
353KB, 2047x929px
>>53253740

>these rules
>quality

Top fucking kek. Looks like GW found the thread.
>>
>>53253752
You forget how much GW hates Orks.
>>
>>53253766
didn't meganoz have some kind of speed boost item or was it just for warboss?
>>
>>53253699
>>53253692
>>53253677
>>53253689
>>53253555

judging by his whole line of argumentation arguing with this >>53253726 idiot is pointless. seems like a tau put a finger in his poophole once.
>>
File: 1487720560463.jpg (89KB, 612x587px) Image search: [Google]
1487720560463.jpg
89KB, 612x587px
>>53251824
They just want you to buy more Riptides. Four more --no, five more Riptides should do, goy.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12973307

Thoughts on 8th ed Tau?
>>
>>53253799
Mega Armour gave them Slow and Purposeful.

Only "speed-boosting" item is a warbike, which only normal nobs, Warbosses, painboys, and big meks can take.
>>
>>53253866
no they or the wasboss had one-time speed boost item
>>
>>53253548
In assuming that you survive battleship and shooting, since they just survived your assault somehow.

How scared are you of snap shot Over watch?
>>
>>53253883
Are you talking about the WAAAGH?

It's just an ability that the warboss has, once per game everything with 'ere we go can run and charge
>>
>>53253322
Spend 2 command points for auto pass
>>
>>53251717
I pity the idiot who flees enlightenment at the hands of Aun'shi and my breachers
>>
>>53253707
More like
>Why is a shooting army able to negate their one weakness?
>>
File: Tau Fire Warrior.jpg (42KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Tau Fire Warrior.jpg
42KB, 600x620px
>>53253975
what's with aun'va by the way? i know he's 'dead', but have they cloned him or are they using projections/illusions in order to make him seen alive?
>>
>>53253930
no i'm talking about an item
>>
>>53254029

Hologram.
>>
i hope they buff rail rifles and ion rifles, i always feel stupid when i equip my pathfinders with them because i know they would be much better without them
>>
>>53254044
Well, I'm here looking at the Ork Codex and the Ghazghkull supplement and there is no such item.
>>
More farsight please
And railsides
>>
>>53254077
nvm found it, it's called a megaboosta, you could re-roll your slow&purposeful test once
>>
File: 1446415108933.jpg (226KB, 1024x1558px) Image search: [Google]
1446415108933.jpg
226KB, 1024x1558px
Farsight's Godhood when?
>>
>>53251238
You can tell American tournament players helped with this edition.
>>
>>53254029
Likely hologram/impersonator to keep morale up.
>>
>>53254029

You know, they could have replaced him already after the initial shock and now that the firewall is gone. They are not in the third, nor the fourth, but the FIVE sphere of expansion already.
>>
>>53254069
Well, with the nerf of markerlights you'll likely need to carry fewer and it might open up those units to their specialized roles a little more
>>
>>53253665
This.
Who wants bullshit rules? I want kroot and vespid and some new aliens and maybe gue'la to be playable.
>>
File: Gun Drone.jpg (41KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
Gun Drone.jpg
41KB, 375x523px
>This garbage

At least it's gonna re-encourage me to finish that 40k MtG set I was doing where the Tau had a W/U Blink theme
>>
>>53254232
the problem is mostly that Crisis suits are too good. they can be built to deal with anything while also being agile so there is very little reason to take other units
>>
>>53254355
you can't really say before you know the points distribution
>>
File: 1450541998435.jpg (78KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1450541998435.jpg
78KB, 583x583px
>Played Tau years ago
>Sold off Tau to a friend
>Switched to Chaos because I fell for the flavor they had in Dawn of War 2
>Ragequit 40k after that absolute dogshit 7e codex
>Been trying to sell chaos army for a year now (and maybe build a tau army)
>Nobody's buying
>See this
>>
>>53252893

Fucking commie.
>>
File: 20160626_204743.jpg (927KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160626_204743.jpg
927KB, 3264x1836px
Haha get fucked imperium jobbers
>>
>>53253525

Don't you pin this on us, it's the Tau who's bitching like the little worm he is.
>>
>>53254505
>12 wound riptides
>25 wound stormsurges
>50 wound supremacy suits
>>
>>53253220
>Nids are already confirmed for having highest base movement on infantry with Gaunts
Source on that? Because it'd be the first bone GW's throne toward the 'nids in a long time...
>>
File: ios_large_1433139907_image.jpg (95KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
ios_large_1433139907_image.jpg
95KB, 600x525px
am i the only one that's pissed about the random fucking apostrophe that's now in the name
>>
>>53254706
Sorry, it was an exaggeration; https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/25/warhammer-40000-unit-profiles/

The exact text is, copied and pasted;

"Eldar will run faster than Guardsmen, and Hormagaunts run faster than both."

Assuming Guardsmen still have a 6" movement (and I don't see why not), Eldar infantry will have to have a 7 inch or 8 inch movement, depending on how much variation they want.

From there, Gaunts would have to have an 8 or 9 inch movement speed; maybe even 10 inch.

Probably only 8 though. Important thing though, is that in the quick example of how movement varies, is that they're picking out Gaunts as the fastest infantry to tell you about.
>>
>>53254761
Yes because we aren't that fucking stupid.
>>
>>53254822
>"Eldar will run faster than Guardsmen, and Hormagaunts run faster than both."
Oh yeah, I forgot about that this!
It won't be too much of a stretch to assume that if Guardsmen still retain their 6" movement, the Orks will either be the same or faster, based on the changes GW's made to the rules so far.

Anyone claiming they'll be down to 5" with MegaNobz at 4" is being ridiculous. Why would they put a handicap like that on THE 40k melee army, especially if Gaunts are going faster than everyone else?
>>
>>53255001
>THE 40k melee army
?
>>
>>53254761
Probably, it was to be expected. And It's not as gratuitous as, say, Star Warsâ„¢ Knights of the Old Republicâ„¢ II: The Sith Lordsâ„¢
Which is the actual title in the steam store.
>>
>>53255023
What comes to mind first to the average person when they think of a close-combat army in 40k?
Orks that's who.

They sure as hell don't think of the 'nids until someone brings them up.
>>
>>53255103
>What comes to mind first to the average person when they think of a close-combat army in 40k?

Space Marines.
>>
>>53255103
For me it's nids, chaos and then orks.
>>
>>53255103

I think of Chaos personally. All the chaos fags I know have had melee oriented armies, and cheat like motherfuckers to try and eek out every advantage they can for melee.
>>
>>53254412
>Being unable to think critically
Wew
>>
>>53255103
Before I got into 40k, I wasn't even aware that orks were a thing, but was familiar with 'nids.
>>
>>53252808
Have fun when nobody but cheeselords want to play with you.
>>
>>53255383
>Not having a closely-knit group of friends all with different factions who are totally fine with playing casually or using houserules to balance units
>>
>>53255422
>finding an entire group of closely-knit friends who aren't autists but are into wargames.
We are the 1%, and I think you know that.
>>
>>53251783
This. And it's only getting worse.
>>
>>53252198
Actual communists play Tau. No wonder they're so cancerous.
>>
>>53256220
farsight is fashy tau
>>
>>53256220
Really? I didn't think it was a thing, but the one Tau player I personally know is an outspoken commie.
>>
>>53251238
>WAAAAAAAHHHHH
>>
>>53251229
Oh so now they're called "T'au" instead of just "Tau."

This is another astra militarum change, they can probably copyright "T'au"
>>
>>53256308

Why couldn't they have copyrighted Tau without the '?
>>
>>53256348
Cause it's a Greek letter.
>>
>>53256348
Because it's a letter
>>
>>53253778
To be fair, 'giving a shit' and 'succeeding' are two seperate things.
They seem to actually care about trying to make the rules better, especially compared to earlier editions. Actually MANAGING to make them better is something that we need to see how it works out. Could easily have ended up with something worse, but not for their lack of trying. I, too, feel they went too SIgmary with this, though some of the stuff is...alright so far. I'm just waiting to judge the whole thing until the whole thing is out.
>>
>>53256308
At least it already existed as a lore term anyway. Pretty tame as far as copyright changes go.

I look forward to shitposters trying to trigger people by saying >T'au only to realize that nobody will ever notice or care.
>>
>>53256362
>>53256371

Well....fuck.
>>
File: I asked for this.jpg (23KB, 500x311px) Image search: [Google]
I asked for this.jpg
23KB, 500x311px
A reason to paint my 30 assorted drones, at last.
>>
File: 1493950220497.jpg (16KB, 258x216px) Image search: [Google]
1493950220497.jpg
16KB, 258x216px
>>53252723
>lowest of the top 4
>OP and bullshit
>>
>>53256604
Just because its not on the top, doesn't mean it isnt bullshit. The other factions are just as bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (101KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101KB, 512x512px
>>53251229
>no mention of vehicles
>no mention of infantry
>no mention of auxillaries
>just wanking about how battlesuits are even bigger and better
>>
>>53252808
Considering my basic infantry now has 2 wounds and has -1 AP at 30 inches while your pulse rifles have no AP, I've got a funny feeling its me who will be drinking your tears.
>>
>>53256627
Eldar alone is far, far worse
>>
>>53256663
Yes anon, let it fuel you. Embrace the 30" gunline, survive on the tears of your opponents.

Welcome to the Greater Good.
>>
>>53256685
You aren't getting my point. Something bad doesn't turn good in comparison to something worse. It only stands as a mark to contrast the two.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 633x758px
>tfw playing IG against my friends tau

FUCKING XENOS MARKERLIGHT TIDEWALL RIPTIDESHITPISS
>>
>>53251229
What the fuck is a Drukhari?
>>
So, how is everyone feeling out those Markerlight Nerfs?

You know, the things that helped make Riptides so dangerous, made their Overwatch so strong, and was one of the main things people wanted nerfs for in regards to Tau?
>>
>>53252617
Use Magnets!
they cost almost nothing and save you so much work
>>
>>53256781
handled it terribly
>>
>>53256639
you are a rare man in the empire
a man who wishes to play a more Napoleonic army in animulandu
>>
>>53256691
Rumor has it Tau getting a big release wave next year focused on an auxiliary wave. Also probably find a way to cram in suits too since fuck yeah. Get ready to meet the next generation crisis suit. 36 inch range guns, 2+ save, 6 wounds each, and able to take four twinl9nked guns. Then imagine the next generation Riptide gue'ron'sha. No chance against the greater good. The Tau are always advancing in tech. There will be a ultra super riptide after that one day.
>>
>>53256761
Dark Eldar's new name.
>>
>>53256803
How so?
>>
>>53256761
They're the new name for Dark Eldar.

>>53256781
I think it was a reasonable nerf. Curious to see what if anything else the markerlights can do in 8th. Do we still ignore cover, and can we use them for seeker/destroyer missiles?
>>
File: 0 fucking dmg.gif (239KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
0 fucking dmg.gif
239KB, 320x320px
>>53256803
seems in line with what they are doing now
does actually solve a lot of issues.
now tau can't ignore clover like fucking crazy.
>>
>>53256857
>>53256834
Markerlights were a major part of tau now the new meta will just be to put drone nets next to your units so they can't be hurt
>>
>>53256857
>>53256857
I think more key is gonna be that they can't fire BS 5 Overwatch with supporting fire
>>
>>53255175
Yeah, in bleak and messy combat with the greenskins
>>
>>53251229
>Marker lights no longer increase BS by 1
>Can shoot all its weapons at -1 BS
>Suits are now BS2 and this can't be improved

Dropped
>>
>>53255175
space woofs
>>
File: ueLxWep.jpg (321KB, 1028x397px) Image search: [Google]
ueLxWep.jpg
321KB, 1028x397px
Damn, I was really dissapointed by this article. Not because I'm a pure Tau hater, but rather that instead of putting their attention to xeno allies like kroot and vespid or basic firewarriors and pathfinders, we have even more focus on BATTLESUITS.

Also with how shooting and assault in 8th is going to be (judging by previous articles), shooting is going to be trumping melee almost as hard as it did in 7th.
>>
>>53255103
>What comes to mind first to the average person when they think of a close-combat army in 40k?
I'd say CSM before Orks. Orks have the whole dakka meme while CSM literally have a god dedicated to getting in close and fucking shit up.
>>
>>53256925
Anon, shooting will always triumph melee. There is a reason why we dropped swords. Why should I risk dying at the front if I can shoot from cover?
>>
pathfinder weapons should be available to firewarriors
>>
>>53256907
Suits aren't bs2. The drone was though. It says the storm surge can improve to hit on a 3+ so probably the majority of Tau shooting will be 4+ as usual. They have implied there might be ways to buff it still.
>>
>>53257085
Yup. Especially since we've only got the knowledge of what buff you get from a single markerlight.
>>
>>53257085
Did they? I thought it was a pretty strong implication that 3+ with a re roll from markerlights was gonna be the best we'd get.

It would be weird to keep the ability or markerlights boosting BS still in, since then you just have to bump it to 5 and then get the re roll of 1s, which would be 3 points for BS 10, effectively.

I think that's also why they got ride of the 1 for 1 BS buff from markerlights, since there isn't a BS table, so BS 6 wouldn't really be anything except hitting on a 2+ even if you have a -1 penalty. Kind of dumb to keep
>>
File: 1468602544548.png (352KB, 493x586px) Image search: [Google]
1468602544548.png
352KB, 493x586px
Can everyone shut the fuck up about balance? We know literally nothing about how balanced this will all be until will learn what the points costs are. No matter how powerful and weak certain mechanics seem, it means nothing unless we have something to compare it to.

Changing Markerlights from a +1 BS to a "re-roll 1s to hit" might sound like a nerf, but it's absolutely not if Pathfinders are half the points. Retreating and shooting might sound like a buff, but not if units that can do it now are double the points. As one anon said earlier, even Morkanaughts would be overpowered if they were 50 points.
>>
>>53257167
No, the markerlight thing is pretty objectively a nerf. Even if Pathfinders are super cheap and everything, there wouldn't be any benefit to getting more than 1 hit currently.

I do think this is going to boil down to how pricey battlesuits and their guns are though.
>>
>>53251229
Stormsurges look so fucking stupid.
>>
WELP. I wasted 300 hundred dollars. On Tau and other shit.
>>
>>53257273
>Spent money on stuff he didn't like because it was OP

You deserve it
>>
>>53257224
It's tempting to say that it's a nerf, but we don't even know the full mechanics yet. Perhaps multiple hits will move the re-roll from 1s to 1s, 2s, 3s, etc. We don't know how they'll remove cover either, or how they'll interact with Seeker/Destroyer missiles.

And even if it was just re-rolling 1s to hit, slashing the cost of Pathfinders, Marker Drones, etc. would not constitute a nerf in my book.
>>
File: IMG_1093.jpg (48KB, 500x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1093.jpg
48KB, 500x367px
>3 units in a hype article mentioned
>Waaaaah they're overpowered now!
When will you autists stop being fucking reactionary babbys?
>>
>>53257273
>Buying shit only because its gud
I still have my OG carnifex because its awesome.
>>
>>53256816
he's not, thausands of taufags heve been crying for this like for their mother's tit
>>
>>53257346
>an almost universal special rule gets mentioned
>it singlehandedly cancels the one last drawback of disengaging from close combat
>and it just happens to all tau strong units to have it
>>
>>53257442
>And then all the battlesuits were triple the price
>>
>>53257167
>Changing Markerlights from a +1 BS to a "re-roll 1s to hit"
reread the article: you apply markerlights to enemy units, it's ALL friendly units that shoot against the marked enemy that reroll 1s
>>
>>53257442
Not sure if you're referring to Flying (which I think you are) or Supporting Fire. Because Tau have both now. Both were pretty huge reveals from this.
>>
>>53251229
Rule 1: Don't get WAAC fags that are used to typing clickbait articles to make articles for you.
>>
>>53257472
>and then anon cut with occam's razor
>>
>>53257331
If it's just re-rolling 1's to hit, that's a nerf. Dropping PF costs would be a buff. The costs may balance, but that doesn't change that the ML's themselves will be worth less than they were before.
>>
>>53256972
I'd love special weapons on FW, but they aren't in the sprues so I think it would be unlikely they'd add them now. That said, PF special weapons got a lot more viable with the universal splitfire.
>>
>>53256961
The hypothetical reason why we'd care about melee in 40k is that we're using crazy materials and we can make crazy melee weapons that are better at piercing those materials than whatever projectiles we can throw at them.
>>
>>53257533
I personally just want an elite Breacher-style team with access to those experimental weapons.
>>
>>53256880
I look forward to shield drones actually being useful
>>
>>53257224
>one Markerlight hit on a target, allowing any T’au unit to reroll 1’s when firing on that unit.

They specifically comment that the rerolling one's comes from a single hit from a Markerlight. That is a pretty direct implication that there are other effects for two Markerlight hits on an target. In addition, ML bonuses now effect the entire T'au army.
>>
Remember how the Tau were going to be an Alien Convenant of races?

They soon pushed that to the curb when they realised they could sell win obsessed waacfaggots expensive robots with overpowered underpointed rules.

Sounds like in a 5 turn game the average tau unit is going to be able to pump out like 9 turns of shooting
>>
>>53257569
Ooh, that would be nice. I really hope in general that Breachers are treated well this edition. I like them as a counterpoint to the long-ranged Strike Team, but they just weren't that useful in 7th.
>>
>>53257507
>and then i'm spouting bullshit
>>
>>53257584

>b-b-b-b-b-b-but it's a nerf

Are they lying to themselves? or trying to justify the purchase of the next giant expensive robot suit?
>>
>>53257478
>ALL friendly units
'any', not 'every'
>>
>>53257584
Pretty sure saying 'any tau' means that any other single unit can spend it for that bonus, not that you land one and then it's just a constant bonus.
>>
>>53257618
What is your retarded comment supposed to imply? Quite simply, the people on both sides of this argument are bitching and moaning about shit they simply don't know about. We don't have the full rules and can't make any real decisions.

>>53257671
Cool, but that's explicitly your personal opinion. And you can't prove it anything else without actual access to the rules. These articles are nothing more than kindling, attempting to start fires of either interest or dissent without anything solid to keep a discussion going.
>>
>>53257584
>ML bonuses now effect the entire T'au army
see >>53257666
>>
>>53257709
Cool, can I see the write-up for the new Markerlight system so that you can prove this? Or are we just going to speculate random shit coming from a single sentence?
>>
>>53257705
>that's explicitly your personal opinion
Yes, and? I don't think that anon claimed it was anything else, just offering their perspective.
>>
>>53257730
>Or are we just going to speculate random shit coming from a single sentence?
Where do you think you are? The point of this thread is to discuss what's been released and speculate on what it means for what has not.
>>
>>53257750
So it's even more pathetic than the usual 40kek thread? Impressive.
>>
>>53257781
Yes, and? You're here too, welcome to the club.
>>
>>53257781
Yet you are here...
>>
File: 2re4m4m.jpg (58KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2re4m4m.jpg
58KB, 600x900px
>>53257597
They can be played as a smorgasbord of races even now. It's not going to be a meta army, but if you're playing meta with Tau then you'll likely be fucked over by Eldar or Daemons anyway.

Yeah, I know the picture dates back to 4th-5th Ed. Point still stands.
>>
>>53254761
Literally Autistic
>>
>>53256639
I wanna see how my Hammerheads fare. That railgun has to be at least as good as a melta.
>>
>>53258133
It should be even more powerful. The Hammerhead Railgun is basically superheavy sized. I wouldn't mind if they increased the price though.
>>
File: Baka deproyment desu.jpg (2MB, 3648x2736px) Image search: [Google]
Baka deproyment desu.jpg
2MB, 3648x2736px
>>53252228
I like.
>>
So the big thing that everyone is missing is that there was NO MENTION of jump-shoot-jump for crisis suits. If "fly" simply means you can move over things, and shoot on a turn that you fall back, then this is a NERF to crisis suits.

Sure, they can run away and shoot if they survive melee, but they're going to get charged a lot more often by virtue of not being able to scoot backwards after shooting.
>>
>>53258183
I also want Broadsides to have Hammerhead-equivalent railguns again. I don't like having to run Missilesides because the railgun is such dogshit.
>>
>>53258216
NO BLAST TEMPLATES YOU SAY?
>>
>>53251888
Is HH even going 8th?
>>
>>53254249
>>53253665
I like that conversion. I too converted my saurus to tau after AoS came out. Lots of guys at my local hobby shop won't play against Tau lists that are made to win, like the current cheese. I don't run riptides, out of a form of silent protest.
But I'll run 60 Kroot.
I guess what I'm rambling about is I play to have fun. If it's not a tournament,(where everyone is running their own form of cheese) I'm totally content with losing a game as long as I got to play the models I want to play. It's fun seeing them pull off more than they are worth in a friendly game
>>
>>53258399
Damn, a like-minded player. I too have converted Saurus (as Vespid), play Kroot-heavy lists and don't use Riptides as a silent protest (vote with your wallet and all that). A lot of people forget that whilst this is a game, it doesn't mean that the loser has to have a bad time.

I do have a Stormsurge though. I think they're cute.
>>
>>53258399
I don't run Ghostkeels, Riptides or Stormsurges, because I've played against them and they are absolutely no fun to go up against. I do run Broadsides, Hammerheads, Fire Warriors, Breachers, Pathfinders, Stealth Suits and Fusion-blaster Crisis Suits.

I just hope Pathfinders get something akin to Stealth in 8e, because they were only viable in my 7e list in the Ranged Support Cadre, which gave them Shrouded as long as they didn't move or fire non-markerlight weaponry. those 2+ cover saves were a godsend, but I'd be happy with 3+ cover.
>>
Will I be able to play my all kroot and vespid list led by a single very bitter battlesuit?
>>
>>53258399
>>53258490
Third auxiliary player here. I run mixed blueberry/Gue'vesa as my firewarriors and pathfinders on top of Saurus stand-ins for either Kroot or Vespid (as I feel for the game), with vehicles and a few Crisis Suits. I don't own anything Ghostkeel-sized or larger as far as suits go, but I did kitbash some thruster nozzles on one of the Crisis Suits so I could use it as a Coldstar if the mood ever struck me.
>>
>>53258609
Also have a Broadside, but I'm going to get a Carnosaur model and fluff my 'Side as the Carnosaur with a lot of plates and the weapons from the suit's kit.
>>
>>53258629
I'm currently using a carnosaur with one of the full metal ballista from a 10 year old stegadon model, and 2 modified kroot riders. as a knarloc with a bolt thrower.
I love him
>>
File: the shiniest codex of them all.jpg (124KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
the shiniest codex of them all.jpg
124KB, 1600x1067px
>>53251229
I haven't played a single game since fliers came in.

I've missed nothing good, and will continue to finance other wargames until this game is worth spending money on.

If melee isn't viable in 8th edition, I'm not spending a goddamn cent, even if the models are glorious.
>>
>>53257241
Kind of. But it's an experimental design. The high damage of their tech on the versatility of their suits. It's mobile siege warfare
>>
>>53258883
Ehhh, 6e was pretty fun, 7e broke the game with superheavies in the base game, alongside formations and never apologized. Fliers were bullshit at the start of 6e and were strong in 7e. They never should have made them 6's to hit.
>>
>>53258941
>But it's an experimental design. The high damage of their tech on the versatility of their suits. It's mobile siege warfare

That's the original fluff of the Riptide though. The stormsurge brings nothing to The table and just looks even goofier
>>
>>53259047
>The Greater Good is always expanding. Old fluff is always applied to new fluff because there is always bigger shit to bring under hoof
>>
>>53257241

There are places that sell bits to make them look less stupid.
>>
>>53259296
Source?
>>
>>53259296
I really want a metal gear REX conversion
>>
>>53259690

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/blue-prints
>>
File: metal_gear_40k.jpg (114KB, 960x488px) Image search: [Google]
metal_gear_40k.jpg
114KB, 960x488px
>>53259708
Stay noided, anon.
>>
>>53254606
I'm Tau, lowly Gue, and I enjoy the Orkposting.
>>
>>53258220
No one in this thread mentions it because it ruins the "waaah, GW buffed tau" narrative that the empty vessels in the thread want to push.

Tau (and possibly eldar) losing their jump shoot jump is huge. It will definitely not be missed.
>>
File: 20170430_214811.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20170430_214811.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Problem(s) astartes?
>>
>>53252324
The 4th failed niggra.
>>
>>53252324
>Fourth Sphere of expansion has spread the Tau across the galaxy

Yeah, much in the same way an explosion spreads infantry across the battlefield...
>>
>>53261097
Lore-wise, it's their way of making Tau able to fight anyone and everyone with a narrative backdrop. Better for "Your Guys"
>>
>>53261138
Wait, really? They're retconning the 4th Sphere? ...I actually really don't mind this. Definitely makes sense for letting you have Tau in more conflicts and more places rather than just within the confines of the Empire. I, for one, welcome our new galactic overlords.
>>
I bought a tau army during sixth ed, and fell out mostly due to life reasons and am now able to get back into it, but was waiting for this, and I think this has me sold.
>>
File: ss+(2017-05-15+at+09.46.29).png (33KB, 624x302px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-05-15+at+09.46.29).png
33KB, 624x302px
>>53261181
This is the current state of 4th Sphere, basically soft failure due to being MIA, but is justification for your dudes to be outside the T'AUâ„¢ Empire.
>>
>>53261181
They are not retroactively contradicting anything.*
4th Sphere is brand new canon.
>>
>>53261181
They aren't retconning it they are saying that when the firestorm released in Mont'Ka ended the fourth sphere surged forward to reclaim the gulf and ended up in the new warp rift that split the galaxy.
Thread posts: 366
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.