[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Song of Swords: Another dead thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 46

File: IMG_6550.jpg (285KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6550.jpg
285KB, 1600x1200px
Last time on Song of Swords:
Nothing
Join the discord before this thread dies too.

Song of Swords is a a tabletop RPG centered around realistic medieval fightan' with a ludicrous variety of weapons and fighting styles, centered around a dice pool system. It's currently in beta, and can be used for both fantasy and historical games. The Kickstarter was nearly 300% funded, and we're on the fast track to kicking ass baby.

Call of the Void: Ballad of the Laser Whales is a pulpy sci-fi tabletop RPG about fighting space-nazis and hunting giant whales with harpoons made out of the moon. Its combat system is more modern, based in the early 20th century, but can probably handle combat up to the present day.

MEGA folder containing current version of the game and all supplementary materials.
Note that the latest version of the game is v1.9.9 but with additional supplements.
https://mega.nz/#F!S89jTT7J!ozFi9GvzaFGHfBa59Ik2-Q

Here's a wiki detailing SoS's fantasy setting, getting filled up bit by bit as Jimmy reveals more details:
http://tattered-realms.wikia.com/wiki/Tattered_Realms_Wiki

There's also a roll20 room where new players are encouraged to try the rules, test new rules, and find game breaking issues: https://app.roll20.net/join/346755/hRKd4w
If you're looking to learn, post here in the thread.

We also play Guy Windsor's card game Audatia in the room, but now we have a much better way to play Audatia: Tabletop Simulator! The (official!) mod for Audatia is now up and running!
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904774480

There is also a discord server you can join:
https://discord.gg/d66n2SW

Newcomers extremely welcome, please come and be friends with us! We love everyone, commies, fascists, sane people, infidels, heretics, schismatics, members of God's holy church in Rome, etc. Come on down and join the Cult of Swords!
>>
>>53249956
>Nothing
Oi. I shared the STALKERbrew I started to make :^(
But yeah. Breddy ded lately. Sadly
>>
>>53251283
It's the Discord. Nobody talks here because they're all chatting there.
>>
>>53252193
Why have a thread if everyone sticks to discord?
>>
>>53252308
Because we most of the time don't even talk about things anyway related to the game.
>>
>>53252308
Because people still need a way to find the game, ask about it, and be introduced. If the people who know about and discuss the game are insular, then the game will also become insular and slowly die. Nobody is talking about it anywhere else, so this is the only place to drum up any sort of wider audience. I'd like the game I like to have other people that play it.
>>
RIP
>>
Jimmy! You said you were redoing skills. How are you redoing them?
>>
File: grandballvn.jpg (87KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
grandballvn.jpg
87KB, 600x337px
>>53254755
He better be adding an etiquette skill.
>>
>>53254974
Being able to pick locks would also be good.
>>
>>53251283
We're just waiting for the next big release. If stuff actually starts happening the thread will come back to life.
>>
>>53256788
Holy fucking shit, you are right.
So, we need some sort of an burglary skill, and etiquette.
>>
>>53257026
We just had a reasonably big release, and nothing happened.
>>
I'd just like to let you all know that Isao Machii has cut a bullet in half with his sword on video, confirming that this is a real thing that can be done if you're sufficiently badass.

Supposing I want to play a swordsman in a Rurouni Kenshin-esque game of Ballad, would it be supported?
>>
File: Fucking Stupid.jpg (55KB, 497x443px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Stupid.jpg
55KB, 497x443px
>>53257953
>a soft lead pellet can be split in two by a sharp edge of a much harder material

You don't say.
>>
>>53257953
Burd it up.
>>
>>53258022
To clarify, the bullet had been shot out of a gun very shortly prior. The difficult part is the hitting of it, not splitting the lead.
>>
>>53257953
>>53258092
Realistically, I think this is probably only possible with collusion between the shooter and swordsman. Getting proper timing and location down is most of the struggle. If you wanted to do it in Ballad, though, fuck it, it's pulp anyway. Just steal the Burdinadin power to parry bullets and go for it. The only thing limiting you is your imagination.

Do you have a link to the video?
>>
>>53254974
>>53254755
Etiquette is being added in. So is Thievery, which would include lockpicking. The skill was absent from earlier editions because locks weren't really a thing.
>>
>>53259011
Yay, we can stab locks in the dick now!

...wait...
>>
>>53258172
Honestly I'd be kind of disappointed if Ballad Paladin couldn't do it.
>>
>>53259661
I think it's confirmed that the Ballad way of 5 guys can parry bullets with swords.
>>
>>53259011
>locks date back to the earliest civilization and have been ubiquitous on doors since the later Roman Republic

>not really a thing

Nigga.
>>
>>53261117
He means he hadn't implemented it yet, nerd.
>>
File: Yr0DaiS.webm (733KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Yr0DaiS.webm
733KB, 720x404px
>>53258172
I've got better than a link.
>>
>>53261117
I meant in the sense of ubiquitous on-every-door locks that people would put on common things, and which would have similar mechanisms that you could learn how to pick once and then apply to every other lock. There will still be a skill for lockpicking (it will be rolled into Thievery) but this isn't the sort of game where generally you'll be finding chests with locks all over the place, or even doors with locks that aren't on important buildings.
Then again, who breaks into an unimportant building.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyO46RQhYkQ

Here he is definitively proving that he could bisect a European knight in full plate armor with a single vertical slash.
>>
Wooden sword test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCjXZk-vzvg
>>
>>53261362
Locks were actually pretty common on doors. Like, standardized pin locks on regular house doors being the norm. That was Roman and probably had retreated somewhat from common use by the middle ages, but you still find a bunch of keys and locks in medieval city excavations which suggests they were probably relatively common, if not on every door or chest. Plus the symbol of a noblewoman caring for her own lands is a giant fucking keyring. So you'd probably be stumbling over locks really commonly.

Locks of a common make that are reproducable.
http://www.historicallocks.com/en/site/h/padlocks/the-history-of-padlocks/swedish-middle-ages-1050-1520/

Plus pin tumbler locks have been the standard European lock design since the fucking Egyptians.
>>
>>53259011
>Whine about etiquette constantly
>Etiquette is being added in
I love you, you big teddy bear of a man.
>>
Would using miniatures and maps distract from how this game is structured? I have some interested players, but they're really pissy about having to actually imagine where things are.
>>
Question for Jimmy: Have you read the Unsong?

Seems like it's a good thing for a Christian-based religious fiction grounding. More applicable to modern stuff than SoS though.
>>
>>53263329
No, it wouldn't detract at all. The game's system doesn't rely on it like some do, but the default assumption is still that your characters exist in a world with spatial dimensions much like our own, and which thus is mappable.
>>
>>53263329
>but they're really pissy about having to actually imagine where things are
Are they okay with imagining what their characters do? Go for it.
>>
There seems to be conflicts about how staunching bloodloss is supposed to work. The surgery description says that it's reduced by 1 per success, whereas the description of blood loss with wounds says that there's some RS to meet that halts all blood loss. Which is it? If it's the former, does that also mean that repeated surgery tests to staunch bloodloss can be made? e.g. if someone has a bleed of 20, can you keep making surgery tests, and slowly reducing their bleed until they stop?
>>
>>53252308
Because the discord should not exist
>>
>>53264465
At least Jimmy should shit post in the threads more often.
>>
>>53262018
>that t-shirt didn't save the guy
>>
>>53260584

But can they parry swords with bullets?
>>
>>53263926
It's probably the latter, since it would be almost impossible to stop the bleeding of some wounds otherwise. Not very serious wounds, even.
>>
>>53263259
It was a long time in coming, but it should've been in ages ago.

>>53263329
We're trying to make it easier to use minis.

>>53263338
I have not. I will investigate.

>>53263926
We're working on it, it especially must change because of recent combat changes.

>>53264465
This is true, but like most things that should exist (like me) we thrive in the misery of our creators.

>>53264738
Shooting other missiles out of the air is something I wanted to add, actually.
>>
>>53265215
Around what time can we expect the next update? You seem to have a pretty good drip feed every week or two. It keeps us satiated and the Kickstarter backers confident the game exists.
>>
>>53265249
That is the idea. Things are going faster than it may appear, we are trying to keep a good schedule because we also must account for formatting and editing prior to the release of the final product the coming febuary.

I can tell you this: Magic is no vaporware. We have top men working on it. It's going to be hype as fuck. I'm super excited about the magic system. I think it's going to be great. Plus skills are going back to the comfy system we all knew and loved, with packets and more skills to boot.

Soon the big talent changes will come. That's going to be a major game-changer. All of the stupid complexity of talents is going away, but your favorites will still be there. It'll be more like Ballad and less complicated and specific.
>>
File: Capture.png (68KB, 2560x791px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
68KB, 2560x791px
>>53265215
How do you feel about my (very in-progress) side project that I use to feel less guilty about abandoning LaTeXanon?
>>
>>53265775
It's a cool idea, don't feel guilty about anything. I don't, if I were still capable of feeling guilt I'd have shot myself months ago.

Also, you should all play Stellar Monarch. It's pretty based, Could use a few more elves, but I won't fault it for that.
>>
File: bill-nye-rachel-bloom-3.jpg (63KB, 640x355px) Image search: [Google]
bill-nye-rachel-bloom-3.jpg
63KB, 640x355px
>>53266425
>months ago

Years. Years Jimmy.
>>
>>53266425
>cannot feel guilt
>is catholic
So THAT'S how you're able to reconcile the unreconcilable!
>>
Jimmy!
Do bigger and more powerful beings have bigger soul/pyromancy/flames?
If so, what is the biggest flame?
Could you become a paladin/chosen/whatever to it?
>>
>>53270264
How big are Paladin Flames?
>>
>>53271933
Do paladins have solar flames?
>>
>>53265775
This will be pretty fucking useful when it's finished.
>>
>>53269056
Well when you say it like that...

>>53270264
Yes.
Probably the sun.
You can, it's called a Paladin.

>>53271933
>>53272041
Larger than an average human's, but not larger than it is normally possible for a human flame to become. A mechanical way to put it would be that the more Arc a person has earned and spent relative to the length of his life, the greater his flame is.
>>
>>53272784
Any other really big flames in the world worth noting?
>>
>>53272784
But, aren't flames supposed to hunger for life and some shit?
What does the Big G hunger?
Or is it that his flame is just completely different, but a flame nonetheless?
>>
>>53273103
Oh sure. The most powerful Flames in general are those of people--ancient beings which lay dormant for long periods tend to actually have rather small Flame presences, which makes them harder to detect before they wake up. Eskarne for example is a blinding presence to Firesight, because she has both been alive for a long time, and accomplished a lot (as she defines accomplishment) in her lifetime. Seeing Eskarne coming is not hard at all if you are a Pyromancer, she's like a walking chemical fire. The same is true for those who can see into the Spirit-Realm, for different reasons.

>>53273190
Genosus craves order and constructive behavior. He has succeeded tremendously in imposing these values on the world, and so his Fire is very, very powerful, to the point that it manifests physically. It is also partially his nature, he is a tremendous being who predates the universe--and his entire life's purpose since the birth of that universe has been in doing exactly what he is doing.
Bocanadessia is also powerful in this manner, but she has encountered more serious setbacks than her brother, and she is also less fulfilled in her purpose, so she does not shine so brightly.
>>
>>53273363
>her brother
>they're siblings
I believe this is new info.
>>
>>53273402
I'm sure I've mentioned it before. They are both the children of He Who Came First And Will Be, at least nominally--it's difficult to say what "children" means in the context of entities that powerful.

But they are "siblings" at least in how they address each other, and it is an easy idea to swallow that the sun and moon are related.
>>
>>53273612
Is the Tattered Realms a globe, like earth?
>>
>>53273612
Are there any cults, specifically, for HWCFAWB?
>>
>>53265294
>Plus skills are going back to the comfy system we all knew and loved,
huh? The skills part of SoS was one of the most boring things ever
>>
>>53273671
It's probably a hollow globe.
>>
>>53274243
I have never seen a skill system that wasn't tremendously boring. They can be at best functional and get out of the way. The problem isn't that skills are boring, the problem is that they aren't functional. There's dice bloat everywhere, no standardized RSs, dice rolls careen between opposed rolls and rolls against static RSs with no rhyme or reason. What few guidelines exist are retarded, with Charisma needing to have twice as many dice as any other skill to reliably persuade anyone and athletics requires more dice than is possible for a human to achieve in order to be probably able to run a marathon.
>>
>>53274872
FATE Core
>>
File: meido.jpg (1MB, 1695x2000px) Image search: [Google]
meido.jpg
1MB, 1695x2000px
Jimmy, who in vosca has the most advanced culture concerning maids and butlers?
>>
>>53274937
Fate is about as bog standard as they come. It's a functional and therefore good system for skills, and I've enjoyed it from what I have played of the system, but the skill system isn't particularly fun in unto itself. Maybe I've been playing wrong, but what makes Fate's skill system intrinsically interesting?
>>
>>53273671
The Burdinadin are certain that the world is round, and most traditions agree with this. The Zells don't think the world has any consistent shape at all, that it fluctuates over time and expands or shrinks as the gods will it.
Humans tend to believe one of these two narratives.

>>53273883
It's an unusually sparse subject. Genosians and Dessians both technically acknowledge the primacy of He Who Came First, because the gods they worship also acknowledge that primacy, but very few worship the entity itself. According to all sources (Zells acknowledge He Who Came First as the apocalyptic event that destroyed the perfect universe, leaving only The Seven behind as survivors) He Who Came First left after discovering Mundus. He saw it, assigned Bocanadessia and Genosus to oversee it in his absence, and then simply departed back to whatever other realm was next on his tour.

All of the theologies agree that He Who Came First is not present, and cannot hear the prayers of men. Some cults believe that if enough people were to pray to it, it would hear and potentially return, but these cults are generally classified as doomsday cults--the return of He Who Came First would be apocalyptic, it would destroy everything, just as it destroyed the world of The Seven, who were once a race without number.

The only one of these cults which has any real power is actually Orredinian Genosism. The Orredin acknowledge Genosus, but they see him as a servant, and they see themselves as equal to him, in spiritual significance if not in power. They believe that someday, the Over-God will return and lift them up to become beings like Genosus and Bocanadessia, favored servants who will some day rule over their own universes.
Humans are often drawn into this religion with the promise that they, in the "next life" will be made into Orredin, or something similar, and so will ascend a sort of spiritual ladder towards godhood.
>>
>>53275180
The narrative.
Now, I'm not even fucking around.
The simplicity of the system is all to give way to more narrative elements.
The more immersed you get into it the better (less fuck you give about) the system.
>>
>>53275219
>>53275219
oh god the orredin are jehovahs witnesses
>>
>>53275219
If you got to fuck one major npc, which would it be?
And why would it be King?
>>
>>53275123
Probably Galli, but perhaps Helion. The Gallians take great pride in well-disciplined households and highly skilled servants. A much envied arrangement is an Ohanedin sworn to serve a family for a predetermined number of generations. They are known for their use of wooden tongs to handle silverware and other metal objects--which can become a spectacle in and of itself at events, as the elf attempts to move large quantities of metal finery about using what amounts to a pair of chopsticks.

In Helion, however, most members of society end up as someone's servant at some point or another, to gain favor with powerful figures and to make contacts. There, being a butler or a maid is a highly ritualized position, one with uncountable tenants and rules of etiquette. Those who succeed in these positions are often given favorable political posts later in life, while others simply continue doing the work indefinitely.

In the Krajina, there is a fashion of keeping a Zell "in the family" for multiple generations as a sort of tutor for the young lords of the family. She (it is usually a lady, for decorum's sake) is normally a part of the crew of some ship, and comes by yearly to educate the family's heir, sometimes absconding them to go sailing for a few months, or more. The Krajini nobility are quite convinced that young noblemen should all be pirates at some point in their lives, and this is usually accomplished by having them hang out with Zells for a year or two. Occasionally, young ladies are given the same treatment, though this is rarer as most nobles would not dare send their daughters out on a ship full of elves, for fear of never getting them back.

Suffice to say the Krajini nobility are mostly sailors at heart, and the navy is thus quite powerful. All by design, one might say.
>>
>>53275219
Seems an odd thing for a sea-fairing people to believe.
>>
>>53275380
>a young noble lady
>a strong zell captain
>the lady has been extremely infatuated with the zell since she was a small child
>one day she learns she's going to go sailing for years with her
>can she overcome the odds and claim the love of the captain, consumed by the hive mind of her ship?
>>
>>53275522
To a degree it is true. Some parts of the world actually DO fluctuate in size. The Infinite Steppe isn't named that by coincidence. The same is true of the Sea of Eyes, and certain other oceans. Stars also periodically vanish, or reappear. It is much harder navigating the ocean and even the land in Tattered Realms than it is in our world, and to a certain extent the world is in constant flux, if not to the extent that some might imagine it to.
>>
>>53275591
>Jimmy literally made a mechanic to kill the gay thoughts

One of these days it's all going to come back to haunt us.
>>
>>53275979
Mike Pence is actually a sentient elf-boat.
>>
>>53276015
NO ZELL, THAT IS NOT HOW SEX WORKS
>>
>>53277081
Mike "Straight Sextant Only" Pence
>>
>>53277081
A bunch of gay elves on a sentient boat with the voice of Mike Pence would be the funniest fucking series ever.
>>
>>53272398
Once I finally with the JS for it, the hardest part is going to be figuring out hosting. I'm a definitionally broke college student, and while there are free hosting platforms, they can't handle much traffic. Then again, with a game this niche, that might not be a problem.
>>
>>53278431
Ship it as an executable .jar, and just slap it on MEGA?
>>
>>53275219
They're Mormons?
>>
File: 1493954708707.jpg (611KB, 940x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493954708707.jpg
611KB, 940x800px
>>53278464
>>53275300
I can't stop laughing at the idea.
>>
>>53278463
It's web app as it stands, built with Flask, postgres for the DB backend, and then some custom bootstrap templates and JS for the front-end. It can't really be changed to an executable.

I could technically build something standalone instead, but I haven't written any Java or C++ in forever. If a python3 install isn't too much to ask I could do a standalone python package and build a GUI in TKinter.
>>
>>53278578
It's not built in such a way that you could give somebody the files and just have them run it through Chrome/Firefox, is it?
>>
>>53275219
>>53278464
>laser mormons empire
Jesus Christ, how horrifying
>>
>>53278671
Well, it is to some extent. As long as the user installed all dependencies it could be run locally. Though that precludes the effective usage of the character sharing, copying, and display features (as it stands it has a somewhat aesthetically pleasing inbuilt character sheet). Also, the dependency list is pretty long, and all the command line stuff might be a bit beyond the comfort level of some or many people in the thread.
>>
>>53275219
>He actually answered the question
This is why I love /sos/, the game's good but the best part is how little of a fuck the main dev gives. I'm not even convinced "Jimmy" is one person, I think it's just the whole company shitposting.
>>
File: leopard seal.jpg (79KB, 471x455px) Image search: [Google]
leopard seal.jpg
79KB, 471x455px
>>53275309
The characters are all my children--They are not for sexual. I do like elves, but I wouldn't mate with an elf. Sullying the genetic purity of immortal super-beings would be a sin I could never sleep with.

Instead I will admit to you that I listen to boy bands while I'm working. I like Fallout Boy. A Little Less Sixteen Candles had a pretty cool music video. Vampires fighting with sparklers. Basically SoS if it were written by a 12 year old who hated his parents.

Someone go tell all of the mainstream developers we've crushed that they were defeated by an alcoholic leopard seal who listens to Fall Out Boy. It'll make it funnier.
>>
>>53275219
So it's generally supposed that the world, in some form, actually predates HWCF?

>Orredin are hindu
Okay
>>
>>53279545
You crushed mainstream developers? What developers have you crushed? Are there actually a lot of big names that routinely earn less than you, or are you just letting the Paizo guys' praise go to your head?

Also teen stuff can be great fun if you don't take it seriously.
>>
>>53280292
I'm being facetious. We did outfund a fair amount of developers with a lot more industry cred than us, but of course we aren't anywhere near competing with big brands.

>>53280149
It is believed that the universe "existed" but that it was totally static and unchanging, without time or light. The coming of He Who Came First destroyed that universe, and created a new one where things changed and grew. The Seven are the last remnant of that old universe, beings who were saved by the shadow cast by the Uber-God's servants, The Twelve Great Old Ones, whose combined shadows left seven safe spaces in the universe where the gods were able to hide.
>>
>>53280536
Come on then, name names. I want to hear the bloody list of your humiliated conquests.
>>
>>53280536
>twelve entities left seven shadows
Not so sure how this works.
>>
>>53279545
I'm listening to Fallout Boy because of you now, and it's honestly pretty shit.
>>
>>53280569
Shadows can overlap. Also don't assume that all of the Twelve emerged from whatever star-rift they came through evenly dispersed around He. They may have come all on one side, and He on the other, creating a dense network of shadow.

>>53280584
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew6x6sHiFaw
My taste has always been shit. My favorite FPS is FEAR, my favorite RPG is Legend of the Legendary Heroes. I have garbage taste in everything BUT, you follow me.
Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
>>
>>53280685
>My favorite FPS is FEAR,
>shit taste
Boi whatchu sayin? Imma have to come over there an slap your shit with some real bad FPSs.
>>
>>53280685
>Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
Love is blind, Jimmy-senpai.
>>
>>53280724
You can try. The first FPS I took seriously was Perfect Dark 64. I had 200 hours logged before I was in High School.

My momma warned me about girls like Joanna Dark because they were full of sin and would lead me astray! Can't have that, can we?
(Note to all thots, y'all need some Jaysis.)
>>
>>53280685
Nigga we're both single men growing closer to middle aged with nothing to show for it but a bit too much liquor traveled through our livers. I ain't judging. Just pointing out that while the music videos are ironically shit and potentially enjoyable, nobody following along in this thread should decide to give their music another shot, because it's still shit.

Also you mostly talk about good things on your YouTube channel, which is the main place you talk about actual media that you didn't write yourself. You should post more videos.
>>
>>53280795
Kill my buzz a little harder nigger with a hard R, I'm just sharing what meager inspiration I can still find in pop-culture from ten years ago.

I'm working on youtube also, I tried to do an Ogre Battle 64 review but I fugged up my files.
>>
>>53280901
>nigger with a hard R
Call the social justice officers, Jimmy "Sullying the genetic purity of aryan über-beings would be a sin" has finally gone feral.

Sorry to bring you down, man. They do have fun videos.
>>
File: glasses.jpg (85KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
glasses.jpg
85KB, 500x750px
>>53280901
>nigger with a hard r
>He listens to Childish Gambino AND Falloutboy.

we have reached levels of obscurity I didn't thin kwas possible.
>>
>>53280955
>aryan über-beings
As the old trollthreads have taught me, elves are actually Asian.
>>
>>53280901
Play Tactics Ogre: Let us cling together next

Also tell your discord minions to post in the thread at least once per day or I'm not making another one
>>
>>53280788
Don't try me boy, I'll come over there and subject you to Juggernaut v1.0 for Quake 2, possibly the worst FPS ever commercially sold.
>>
>>53280795
Jimmy has a successful game to show for it, and a decent day job as well from the sound of things. That's more than nothing.
>>
>>53280955
Maybe the Department of Love is staffed by elves.

>>53280956
Bones really likes Childish Gambino. I LEARNED IT FROM HIM.

>>53280996
We actually had this conservation--every type of Din are HUWHITE so far, but it would make sense for there to be mongoloid/asiatic Din.
For the negroids (the Izagoni) they purged their Din long ago. Izagon doesn't want any of that elf shit in their country. I think most fa/tg/uys would agree with that assessment.

>>53281007
Oh christ, let me finish one review before I do another.

>>53281017
Your naivete pleases me. PREPARE THE BRACE CANNON
>>
>>53281098
>let me finish

No.
>>
>>53281098
>>53280956
Have some Gambino with a better beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PLobF65gc
>>
>>53281230
>"I want to see ejaculating together go in the air and on each others faces"

What fucking poland ball comic is this
>>
Here's the history of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuCn8ux2gbs

If anything happens in this video that you didn't already know, there's historical inspiration that you're missing out on.
>>
>>53281363
>post a 20-minute video on history
>this kills the thread
>>
File: 2008m.gif (302KB, 1800x2014px) Image search: [Google]
2008m.gif
302KB, 1800x2014px
What is the best gun in ballad and why is it the Verro?

http://ballad.wikia.com/wiki/Abitante_Verro_MR/34
>>
>>53282096
Because its like my dick
>>
File: explain.png (486KB, 526x700px) Image search: [Google]
explain.png
486KB, 526x700px
>>53282150
>>
>>53282235
I have a specialized bone at the base of my dick that my six testicles are attached to and when I ejaculate one nut empties and then shifts out of position while another nut moves into position to fire.
>>
>>53282235
Not very long.
>>
File: My pistol is augmented.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
My pistol is augmented.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>53282288
I like the >>53282274 explanation better.
>>
>>53282314
I fucking love this guy, this is the toy guy.
>>
>>53282096
It's the ASGR, duh.
>>
Please someone share JImmy's youtube.
>>
>>53284227
Hendel Mccaughn
>>
>>53282314
Is this a weapon to surpass Metal Gear?
>>
>>53284227
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOKgDgjHDtM
>>
File: hawt.jpg (50KB, 580x501px) Image search: [Google]
hawt.jpg
50KB, 580x501px
>>53285975
I will never understand Jimmy's sense of humor. It's incomprehensible, but his arrogance makes me wet.
>>
>>53286442
He's way funnier if you actually talk to him. Try the Disco. Shlick responsibly.
>>
File: He should make more videos.jpg (16KB, 325x297px) Image search: [Google]
He should make more videos.jpg
16KB, 325x297px
>>53286442
His sense of humor is just the type that gets me.
Also his voice makes me wet.
>>
File: ireject.png (247KB, 540x350px) Image search: [Google]
ireject.png
247KB, 540x350px
>>53286442
>>53286551
Working on it. Pls no bully.
>>
>>53286600
>Your voice is sexy
>p-pls no bully
Jimmy is moe.
>>
>>53286442
>>53286551
Just wanna remind people that this is almost certainly a male.
>>
What the hell is a laser whale anyway? Are they an actual race of animal, all identical in species? Are they like the youma of magical girl shows and games, each one unique, with randomly generated capabilities rolled by the GM to make whaling more interesting? Are they zellislava wrought of flesh and bone instead of ship and crew?
>>
>>53287310
>that being a problem here
That said, Jimmy does have a good voice. I'd read an audiobook narrated by him
>>
>>53287323
They're whales with lasers. Who cares about the details?
>>
>>53288226
Whalers care. And the PCs can be whalers as much as pirates or mercenaries in this game.
>>
>>53288226
Imagine how awesome a dynamically generated whale system would be though. Something like the systems for dogs and horses, but instead of "this dog is well-trained" with things like "this dog has a row of 137 nostrils down his spine, in which reside countless void-bats which will spew forth and attack if the whale is agitated". I want whales with seven eyes, each of which holds dominion over a different emotion. I want whales with no eyes but with such a great regality that man and beast alike must bow before them. I want whales who do not merely fire lasers, but who are composed entirely of lasers. I want a super intelligent whale that can control minds directly and is basically a fucking Aboleth. When we have a white whale scene in this game, it's cool if it's an emotional journey that focuses more on the characters than on the whale. But when the whale is actually reached, I want the battle with it to not be the one with Moby Dick, but the one from Re:Zero. And I want all of those anime-tier reality-fucking abilities to be abilities that the whales can have. These are, after all, fundamental ancient beings of the universe, creatures which predate humanity and human logic, which are greater than humans in size and in mystery, and on which the very foundation of society is based. They need to be a big fucking deal, and they ought to be unique big fucking deals.
>>
>>53287323
Randomly generated unique whales sounds badass.

Every one would have a name, unique appearance and myths and legends applied to them.

And then you got people who whale them with huge-ass harpoons in flying ships.

You'd have laser blue whales, laser kraken whales with 8 tentacles that all shoot lasers, laser cthulhu, laser puffer fish that instead of spikes on its skin, has spikes that shoot out lasers.

All would be called laser whales. Because they are big, and shoot lasers.
>>
>>53288611
>>53288915
That sounds fucking rad.
Also, just thinking about it. Randomly generating such things could be done within the rules pdf. pdf supporting a subset of JS and all that. Why has no game, to my knowledge at least, done that yet?
In the printed version you'd still have a page with the empty boxes, you could use as a template.
>>
>>53289277
It's relatively common in Japanese games. Although I don't know why this would need to be only in PDF and blank when printed. It's just dice tables, you know?
>>
>>53289277
It's relatively common in Japanese games. Although I don't know why this would need to be only in PDF and blank when printed. It's just dice tables, you know?
>>
>>53288915
What if there's one that's not big, or that doesn't shoot lasers?
>>
>>53289848
Then it's either a baby if not big, or not laser whale if no lasers.
>>
>>53287323
I think the species name is listed in the book, it's like Imperator Astrocephalus? I think the lazer whale is specifically one animal but there are others as well.
>>
>>53279419
Jimmy's just one guy. His writing has a unique identifying style. Claymore and Bones and Croaker lack this power.
>>
File: Returning to Mother Base GIF.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Returning to Mother Base GIF.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>53280901
>I tried to do an Ogre Battle 64 review but I fugged up my files.
>>
>>53288611
That's a pretty sick idea.
>>
>>53281098
Why are blacks the peaceful ethnic cleansers in SoS?
>>
>>53293707
If I were on an island with no elves, and I was watching all the crazy shit going on on the mainland because of elves, I'd want to keep them out too.
>>
>>53289848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5Lh-tTSZQ
>>
>>53286600
Jimmy, do Ballad Cossacks ride Jet Skis?
>>
>>53295340
They should.
>>
>>53282096
Ballad is truly gun-autism: the game.
>>
>>53296779
Why is a Kuropatkin Silenced Revolver with Hot-Load rounds such an appealing idea to me?
>>
>>53296779
There's also political autism and hopefully soon there'll be bizarre laser whale autism.
>>
>>53292597
Shit, that would've been super cool to watch.
>>
Meanwhile in Discord chat: Discussion on how to name the Argentina analogue. Current front-runner: Ramatica. With the river being called Rio del Cobre. No such clever renaming has been proposed for Buenos Aires.
>>
>>53299179
>Argentina in Ballad
HA HA TIME FOR PERONISM!
>>
>>53299179
Provecho Viento?
>>
Jimmy!
What's the most exquisite game hunted in vosca?
>>
File: Brock_Samson_Knife.jpg (40KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Brock_Samson_Knife.jpg
40KB, 512x384px
>>53300331
Man.
>>
>>53300415
>>53300331
It's called Bork.
>>
>>53299179
Some hispanic version of Stanley?
>>
>>53288915
>>53288611
So you want Forgotten Beasts from DF?
>>
>>53301883
I thought tin was a good idea too, but it's hard to get a good translation that makes for nice names.
>>
>>53303119
Except even better, more evocative, and with lasers. And generally with an aquatic body plan. And with a powerset more from anime than just "beware its deadly dust"!
>>
>>53296779
As it should be
>>
>>53293426
As an addendum to it, I'm thinking that these things shouldn't modify cost, like with dogs or horses, but the amount of attainable oil. In fact, do you have a player-facing currency in Ballad yet? Because putting everything on the oil standard would make sense. Particularly because your ship runs on it anyway and so there's otherwise two important resources to track. You can probably just abstract the rendering process to say that either you have an oven on your ship (like in the latter part of the real life whaling industry) or you don't (like in the earlier part, in which case your ship is probably more manageably sized), and you need to spend x time per barrel refining to get salable oil.

The benefit to this is that players can avoid society almost indefinitely of need be, and still operate effectively if they can eat.
>>
It's the 47th day of Venezuelan protests, and it is believed that today nobody has died for a change.
>>
>this thread is dead
>discord is kept alive by muh roads shitposting
Not sure which is worse desu
>>
>>53305844
Genoseans will build the roads duh
>>
>>53303193
I just like Stanley because of the Falklands.
>>
Who was it that won the tournament? Anyone got his sheet?
>>
>>53300931
No, that's the meat. Just like how deer meat is venison.
>>
>>53305015
See? Socialism works.
>>
>>53307367
It was Gunther Alder. Look that name up in the archives and you'll find his sheet.
>>
>>53309084
I thought it was communism
>>
File: sord.jpg (222KB, 1229x2048px) Image search: [Google]
sord.jpg
222KB, 1229x2048px
i made sord
>>
>>53309793
Bathe it in alcohol and give it a name
Then go slay a murderous illegal immigrant in self defense so you can unlock its true potential
>>
>>53309821
but
i have nothing against illegal immigrants
>>
>>53309793
Time for a crusade. This time it won't fail.
>>
>>53309891
not with a sidesword senpai
>>
>>53309911
No one will expect it.
>>
>>53309875
Well who else are you going to kill without fear of repurcussion?
>>
>>53309925
are you telling me to restart the reconquesta? Again?
>>
>>53304074
Whale meat was edible too.
>>
>>53309986
imma wait until either trump gets impeached (in which case it's open season on nazi cosplayers) or he declares war on the libruls (in which case it's open season on woke wankers)
>>
>>53310059
American politics is just the WWE with worse acting, nothing is going to actually happen. What we need is to bring civilian dueling back.
>>
>>53310104
>What we need is to bring civilian dueling back.
Fuck, please, would make life a lot more fun
>>
>>53304074
This is actually a really good idea. Whale Oil as currency and energy source both. I'll have to run some numbers on the actual value of the stuff but it's a good idea.
>>
>>53310254
>>53300331
pls
>>
>>53300331
Despite the very wide variety of beasts, most are widely considered inedible by the Voscans.

Predators for example are considered unclean and bad to eat, which rules out a great many monsters. Drakes are also considered unhealthy--which is actually true, most of them end up with a dangerously high heavy metal reserve in their bodies and are extremely toxic.

It may well be that the finest game in Vosca to be hunted for food is still the elk, or perhaps the boar. That is not to say however that predators are not occasionally hunted for sport or safety--Gallian Cave Lions are fearsome creatures, and some can grow quite large, and hungry for human flesh. It is also always considered appropriate to kill the hyenas who dwell in Iber, Southern Galli and (far less today than once) in Illegon. They're not beautiful creatures but they travel in packs, and having a very broad rug made of many dead hyenas is something appropriate of any lord.

Last and finally, in Dace there is the Ostokroznok--which may or may not be real, but which could taste like anything, because none have ever been caught and eaten. The Ostokroznok (commonly called the Roznok) is some sort of large cat--either a tiger or a lion, researchers theorize the former--that is invisible to the naked eye.

Many great hunters have vanished trying to find this beast.
>>
>>53310660
>magestone fueled invisible tigers
>scared spider.jpg

Now the real question is whether they know they're invisible or not.
>>
>>53311087
You know those videos that are titled something like "can you see the tiger before it attacks?"

Now they are invisible. You cannot see them before they attack. You cannot see them during the attack. You cannot see them. Good luck.
>>
>>53311171
Time to get the Good Nose boon
>>
>>53310254
It's magical antigravity whale oil anyway, you can adjust the value (and output per whale) for game design purposes as needed. And it wouldn't be an official currency, the nations would mint their own. But the game is set up so that the PCs are likely to be pirates and mercenaries, so whale oil makes a good de facto currency as the primary recognized one. Instead of a £ira, you spend a £iter.

Glad to contribute something besides just riding your ass about things and editing the wiki for a change. Maybe I'll come up with a table/list of whale-appropriate modifiers. Wouldn't hurt since I could use something similar for my own game anyway.

>>53310660
Is there game hunting in SoS? Seems like a good sport evocative of the period directly anteceding the scramble for Africa, but I don't recall you mentioning an analogue to sub-saharan Africa either.
>>
>>53313073
Lost Izagone is Africa.
>>
Relevant to the other night's discussion of bad taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGR8VIvtxU4
>>
>>53313626
I mistyped. I meant in Ballad.

But Lost Izagonne is more of a Great Zimbabwe type society, not a "look out here come the Belgians" type Africa.
>>
>>53313073
Oh, Space Africa does exist, and people hunt beasties there (and other places) but in Ballad, it's mostly overshadowed by whaling. Hunting whales or other Void-Monsters is considered a way bigger (and more profitable) accomplishment than merely shooting lions and such.

The Rahoos, largely because of their failure to meaningfully colonize large parts of their chain, still enjoy the opportunity to hunt certain big game--the Desotian Mammoth--known for their ability to "float" between islands very slowly--is still a common sight in much of the island chain. The Dussack-Jaw Cougar (actually not a cougar at all) is still present, and is dangerous enough that they are often hunted from planes just to trim down their population before settlers try setting up another doomed homestead on the frontier.

For a time it was customary for Chironite officers to travel to Desotia to shoot a Whispering Puma so that its fangs could be gilded and made into a pair of spurs, which were worn as a sign of bravery.
>>
>>53315050
>bigger and more profitable accomplishment
I mean, that's not the same thing as trophy hunting though. Trophy hunting in real life had the advantage that you could find unique and spectacular organisms, and you could do it without residing on a ship with vile lowbloods for potentially years at a time. Because it was profitable, it became an industry rather than a luxury.

I like the idea of gilded puma spurs. Seem like a good minor treasure to give players.
>>
>>53315115
A good point. In that regard there's a good amount of the practice about. Overhunting isn't as much of a problem in the Void because islands regularly rotate far from the Core Islands, giving their populations a long time to replenish.
>>
>>53315417
>the natural environment is ever-refreshed so that we can exploit natural resources indefinitely without causing depletion
So I guess your setting is grimbright, with a perfect world where evils come chiefly from man?

And unrelated to that, but somewhat related to the hunting, how are fish? It occurs to me that society would be very very different without large populations of oceanic fish to provide protein to the poor.
>>
>>53315454
There are spacefish, apparently.
>>
>>53315454
There are fish that occupy the Void, using much the same mechanism as the Whales to maintain their bouyancy in air. Many live just within underspace or just above, others range very high, feeding on certain floating plantline and spores which fill much the same role as plankton. Moisture is necessary in great amounts for these plants to live, but great amounts of vapor emerge from Underspace (leading many to believe that there is some source of water down there, though it might just be rain eternally cycling from the above-space to the below and back) and there are all manner of complexities involved which don't matter much to the average Void Sailor.

There are also some fish which live both in water, and in the Void, sort of amphibious (?) creatures who come to rivers to lay eggs and such, and then return to the open air, or die.

It is true however that the great majority of people in the industrialized world, particularly the Home Islands, are somewhat malnourished. There is a critical lack of farmland in some parts that cannot keep up with the growing population, and that has caused great swathes of the populations of Albion, Arlon, and even Chiron to flee for Rahoo and other colonies, where new lands are plentiful--if you can hold onto them.
It is commonly speculated that part of the cause of the wars in the Home Islands is that fairly soon there simply will not be enough food for everybody. They will be forced to either rely increasingly on artificial fertilizers, or else implement serious population growth limitations. Chiron has been powering on heedless of this, no doubt intent on simply conquering and displacing those around them to fill their needs as time goes on. That may be a bit optimistic of them...
>>
>>53315839
>using much the same mechanism as the Whales
I thought the whales were buoyant because the oil is magic? Do fish have oil too? Is this fish oil rich in Omega-3?
>>
>>53316024
It's the bones that make them bouyant, the whale oil is used for energy, it's what allows them to fire the laser whale laser.
>>
>>53316234
So in other words, you have a vested interest in preventing a whale from firing its lasers when you're hunting? You want to sneak up quick and finish it fast, rather than just tiring it out and not losing it, and hoping you're lucky and it doesn't sink you, as with real whales?

I'm having a hard time imagining how one would accomplish this.
>>
>>53316257
Big, big harpoons.
>>
So apparently if an Orredin consumes 72,000 dacians, it can keep them immortal.
>>
>>53318187
I can totally imagine an Orredin who vores Dacians for fun though.
>>
>>53318226
Gross. It'd probably be easier to just grind them into powder and then distill it out of them.
>>
>>53318507
Magic vampirish life-sucking ability when?
>>
>>53318507
If you can get that much of the stuff permanently in your system just by living there you'd probably just have to eat a handful of dirt.
>>
>>53320712
Or maybe it's hereditary.
>>
>>53318507
True
But it's an Orredin
>>
>>53320712
It's in their drinking water, too. They put magestone and orichalcum into the water as part of the international Orredin conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
>>
>>53309106
It's fine if you don't have it.
>>
>>53318187
>Hi everyone, welcome back to Koldo's Lab
>So our Orredin cousins really like magestone in their diet, and Dacian humans have a small amount of magestone in their bodies
>So today I'm going to be extracting magestone from... about seventy thousand Dacians
>>
>>53322668
Wouldn't that be a huge and prohibitively expensive ordeal?
>>
>>53322904
I mean, would the Dacians have to be alive? Either way, the post was just a reference to a youtube channel
>>
>>53322984
>a reference to a youtube channel
Truly, the cancers of the modern age know no end.
>>
>>53322995
It's an actually good one, Cancer Hunter
>>
>>53322668
Tattered Realms Youtube will be really funny in about 800 years post-current setting date.
>>
>>53322904
>Wouldn't that be a huge and prohibitively expensive ordeal?
well, they are the orredin, they would do it for the kicks
>>
>>53322904
This is a culture of people who literally built mario-kart style sky racetracks for their magical chariot derbies.
>>
>>53310254
There's a problem with that though. Historically, when a material becomes the backing material for a currency, it tends to stop being used, and is instead hoarded. If whale oil backs Ballad currency, people would likely be rather opposed to burning it as fuel--it would seem too much like literally burning money.

Which is of course irrational, as you'd spend money on it to burn if something else backed the currency, but people in general are pretty terrible at rationality. There's a reason Keynes attributed so many odd market occurrences to the "Animal Spirits".
>>
>>53325504
I wonder what the precious metal deposits of the Void look like. Are there big veins of gold in the middle of some islands?
>>
>>53326617
Asteroid trawlers perhaps?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxb8d0F7xlU

Do we have reference to this in SoS or CotV?
>>
>>53322197
Yeah it is, because you can find it in the archives. Now quit your crying. I'm not your fucking babysitter.
>>
>>53327942
Why are you upset?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltNfIA5kzt0

Do we have a reference to this in SoS or CotV?
>>
>>53329318
One of the villains owns a baby leopard seal.
>>
>>53280788
Fuckin' Perfect Dark 64. My nigga.
Being a total gun enthusiast (some call it pure autism), I actually priced out a Falcon 2 irl (Colt Double Eagle) at one point. Still would not mind having one.
>>
What kind of weapons did knights use while mounted? Lets say 14-15th century.
>>
>>53332357
The Lance of course, but also arming swords and short axes, hammers, and picks for fighting other men on horseback.
>>
>>53332396
So the lance is the only two-handed weapon they'd use?
>>
>>53332476
I've seen pictures of them two handing flails, dunno much beyond that.
>>
>>53332476
>Lance
>Two handed
They weren't using fucking kontos m8.
>>
Friendly reminder that the grim spectre of death awaits us all.
>>
File: ohDKCIOh.jpg (35KB, 750x591px) Image search: [Google]
ohDKCIOh.jpg
35KB, 750x591px
>>53330045
>villains
>>
Jimmy!
What do the dwarves do if the mood is shitty?
>>
>>53335198
In my experience, they talk shit about tall people.
>>
File: file.png (511KB, 718x480px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
511KB, 718x480px
Here's an update on Venezuela: They're arresting attractive young women now.

http://imgur.com/gallery/HjZtm
>>
>>53335792
Thank you for keeping us semi-up to date with that stuff.
>>
>>53335792
I wonder if one of our SoS lads is Venezuelan and is sending coded messages for help through these threads.
"Send swords!"
>>
File: Balalaika - Black Lagoon.jpg (130KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Balalaika - Black Lagoon.jpg
130KB, 800x600px
Oh, by the way since I'm a considerate gent. Hiroe is back to writing Black Lagoon. In theory anyway. He released a new chapter in monthly sunday gx. If you've forgotten what the current plot is, Jane is a slutty bitch and cute chink got burned and is being hunted. Rock is trying to be a hard man, but empathised with chink too hard so they made out and are gonna try go out with a bang finding they like living with no bridges so much better than normal life.

Rock 3p with chink and chink.5 when hiroe, I've read your porn. I demand it.
>>
File: 539f3de25afb6adb806747e1b9abeb5e.jpg (988KB, 2496x3546px) Image search: [Google]
539f3de25afb6adb806747e1b9abeb5e.jpg
988KB, 2496x3546px
>>53336534
Thank you.
Seeing Black Lagoon end is one of my greatest wishes.
Balalaika is 5/5 waifu.
pls link the porn?
>>
>>53336672
I love girls with scars
and burns
sometimes amputees
>>
>>53336760
Me too, but only on strong characters where they are a testament to their strength and past.
But, let's not turn this into /d/, we've got the discord for that.
>>
>>53336534
>>53336672
reeeee contain your degeneracy to the discord you cretins
>>
>>53336848
tell me how to post picture
i will show you beautiful amputee girl
>>
File: 1463049846151.jpg (54KB, 642x555px) Image search: [Google]
1463049846151.jpg
54KB, 642x555px
>>53336672
Oh the porn isn't of BL, sadly. That said,
you get it anyway.

https://exhentai.org/g/605943/7690de13d5/
>>
>>53335198
Jimmeeeh
>>
File: deep knight fantasies.jpg (87KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
deep knight fantasies.jpg
87KB, 480x360px
>>
Thread is dead, post elves.
>>
>>53335074
>>53330045
Yeah, it's Ranveig that has the leopard seal.

>>53332115
Laptop Gun for life, motherfuckers.
>>
File: best elf.jpg (177KB, 470x629px) Image search: [Google]
best elf.jpg
177KB, 470x629px
>>
File: best elf2.jpg (179KB, 534x774px) Image search: [Google]
best elf2.jpg
179KB, 534x774px
>>
>>53341986
>>53342016
Disgusting.
>>53340815
Only good elf in this thread.
>>
File: best elf3.jpg (286KB, 808x1200px) Image search: [Google]
best elf3.jpg
286KB, 808x1200px
>>53342058
T:Orredin
>>
>>53341986
>>53342016
Those are hecking goblins
>>
File: best elf4.png (136KB, 471x750px) Image search: [Google]
best elf4.png
136KB, 471x750px
>>53342092
That's a weird way of spelling "Best Elf"
>>
File: best elf5.jpg (341KB, 710x1000px) Image search: [Google]
best elf5.jpg
341KB, 710x1000px
>>
File: best elf6.jpg (208KB, 595x986px) Image search: [Google]
best elf6.jpg
208KB, 595x986px
>>
>>53342215
>>53342197
>>53342158
>>53342016
>>53341986
We get it, incase draws sexy hairy pregnant gobbos. We all know. Don't flood this non-porn related thread with his art that's had the nubs covered with a Phi. Start a thread on /aco/ and link it if you must
>>
File: g91K6JyW5yMW4WQZZr1cN1Gg.jpg (897KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
g91K6JyW5yMW4WQZZr1cN1Gg.jpg
897KB, 1200x797px
>>
Jesus Christ why. Lads, if you've actually got nothing to say or ask, it's better to let the thread die than to post such degeneracy.
>>
>>53345147
could be worse
could be orredin
>>
>>53335198
The Council of Stone will generally replace him. If they have to kill him, they will do so, but it is rare that such a thing is necessary, so long as the removal of is legal according to tradition.
>>
>>53345238
Thank you
>>
>>53345238
Jimmy! Is there an official name for the power blocs of the void, I.E. like Allies and Axis or Central Powers and Entente?
>>
>>53345147
Delete the discord then
>>
>>53345746
There used to be. Albion, Galli and Lucania were called "The Treyarch Compact" during CWI, and Chiron and its allies were called The Interior Alliance."

So you had Treyarch vs Allies in CWI, with the Allies being Chiron etc. and the Treyarch being Albion, Galli and Lucania.

Then in CWII, the Albish and the Gallians were frustrated by Lucania's siding with Chiron, and with the Volgins self-destructing, were forced to abandoned the "Treyarch" title and instead call themselves the Joint-Coalition.

Chiron and Lucania (and Weissen and other minor states absorbed by them at this point) called themselves the People's Union.

So in CWII it was Coalition and Union.

Now Galli has fallen (though their navy and many colonies still resist) and Lucania and Chiron are starting to get a bit antsy towards each other, so it's safe to say those terminologies might fall out of usage soon as well. The Rahoo media usually bluntly refers to them as "Poms and Cherries," Pom referring to the Albish, and Cherries referring to Chironites.
>>
>>53346825
Rahoos seem like the best people.
>>
>>53345238
Does the council ever just oust the current mood and put another in place to lead the hold in a different direction?
>>
>>53346825
Hey Jimmy are there New Zealand and Australia (Listed in order of Best to Worst) stand ins in Ballad?
>>
>>53348186
There are, but I forget what their gimmick was.
>>
>>53348797
NZ isn't named yet but has been implied. I think Australia is something with a J like Janzonia.
>>
File: 1358628291687.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1358628291687.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
>>53348186
>New Zealand
>Better than Australia
>>
>>53350558
The abo or the roo? Neither is desirable.
>>
>>53347475
I can never tell if the parody is supposed to be loving or damning. It's funny as fuck though.
>>
File: caught you mirin slut.jpg (207KB, 962x1434px) Image search: [Google]
caught you mirin slut.jpg
207KB, 962x1434px
>>53351223
>the abo or the roo
NZ has neither. It has kiwi's and big maori fuckers who suck at rugby so they open every game by trying to hex their opponent. So far the only not awful things mentioned are roos
>>
File: laugjinglions.jpg (38KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
laugjinglions.jpg
38KB, 450x450px
>>53352364
lmao, I've seen the Hakka (haaka?) but I didn't know they sucked, that makes it funnier.

Also I just played a game in 1.9.9. You guys were right, holy shit how did we release with this version. Big fixes incoming.
>>
>>53352364
Doesn't NZ have like... one in every 12 denizens a zoophile? And the rest sheep
>>
>>53352718
>Also I just played a game in 1.9.9. You guys were right, holy shit how did we release with this version. Big fixes incoming.
So spill the beans you bastard. How did you fuck up the game without realising? And how did it get through the admittedly little QC? Why are you only playing your own damn game now?
>>
>>53352841
He fought against a silver guard multiple times in a row, and won using nothing but round small stones and suplexes.
>>
>I'll save the threadposting for explaining what was wrong with the game.
>But suffice to say, I basically built Boss.
>Unintentionally. I was supposed to basically be a homeless Zell exile who had no weapons or armor.
>I fought by pulling cobblestones out of the street and throwing them.
>But then because I'd taken that Background bane, it turns out I had students.
>Because I was basically Diogenes except for fist-fighting, I trained some girl to become a badass fighter, but then got bored and left.
>She eventually became a big deal and challenged me to a duel when I showed up again. By that time she was some sorta Silver Guard or other Ascendant (it was hard to tell) and I had to fight her. I basically cheated.
>I took my shirt off to get ready to fight, came over to shake hands with her, threw it in her face and then suplexed her.
>She got back up and we did it again twice.
>Each time I cheated slightly harder.
>And each time she'd go "that's not fair!" and I'd say "I taught you wrong on purpose!" and then kick her ass harder.
>First rule of Zellish Jiujitsu: There is no such thing as "fair," only initiative and the lack thereof.
>>
>>53353350
To clarify, he built a really stupid character and then fought someone with almost twice his CP and won because grappling. He briefly talked about it in the disco, said he's going to go into details on the game problems and the actual sessions later, probably after sleeping.
>>
>>53353350
Did silver guard bring his buffed servants?
>>
>>53353415
But this sounds exactly right. If you know grappling and the other guy doesn't, and you even have surprise on them, you're supposed to win easily.
>>
>>53353458
no doubt it's other aspects of the game which are faulty
>>
>>53353495
Strength, perhaps?
>>
>>53348853
Space Australia is about to go to war with Space Indonesia.
>>
Jimmy. What is the giant tortoise of ballad?
>>
>>53357935
Plasma turtle
>>
Is there refrigeration in Ballad?

Maybe they don't need a giant turtle.
>>
>>53352718
>Also I just played a game in 1.9.9. You guys were right, holy shit how did we release with this version
Jimmy, 1.9.9 came out two years ago
You didn't play your own game in two years?
>>
>>53359989
Isn't the beta version like also 1.9.9? I am confus.
>>
File: IMG_1658.jpg (238KB, 407x1965px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1658.jpg
238KB, 407x1965px
>>53280536
>It is believed that the universe "existed" but that it was totally static and unchanging, without time or light.
In short, the first flame created disparity.
>>
>>53359975
Technology is almost entirely 1940's and 50's. So freon refrigerators exist.
>>
>>53357935
>>53359975
What's this about turtles?
>>
>>53363092
Because we were talking about whaling. In the real world, whalers took Galapagos turtles with them (big part of why they're not very endangered) because they'll estivate and thus stay alive (and thus fresh) for potentially more than a year at a time.
>>
>>53362052
I thought it was more 30s-40s.
>>
>>53364191
>>53362052
>freon fridges came around the late 20's
Huh. Probably an expensive new tech though. Smaller operations may still use stuff like the turtles or stick to clusters of islands.
>>
>>53366869
knowing jimmy there will probably be a void parasite that is attracted tothe coolness of the fridge, creep inside and waits until someone wants a snack and eats the hapless sailors face (saving the tongue for ewasons unknown)
>>
>>53366869
Freon was such a big deal because it was so much cheaper.
>>
>>53363092
It's turtles all the way down, didn't you know?
>>
>>53367504
And safer.
>>
Discord was a mistake and I hope whoever made one is hung
>>
>>53369625
Nigger, I'm all for calling for the death of the Discord but nobody has posted there since midnight. This death is our own death, not because all the discussion is there.
>>
>>53369625
>>53369648
You fucking niggers really cared you would go to the Discord and then yell at the Discord instead of tugging each others dicks about what great saviors you are to the threads for wanting people to post more here.
>>
>>53369770
So you're saying the correct solution to not posting in the thread is to not post in the thread? Revolutionary. Perhaps we should just let the thread die for a month or so until something has changed a die a quiet-ish death by sliding into obscurity like VeloCITY
>>
>>53369810
>Waaaaaaah entertain me
>>
File: 1434732338073.png (751KB, 662x492px) Image search: [Google]
1434732338073.png
751KB, 662x492px
>>53369810
>So you're blah blah blah blah I'm retarded
>blah blah blah I can't process a solution to the discord problem because I'm too busy trying to be offended by things

Okay you one note Cuck, you singular masturbatory tug on a guitar string your father accidentally jerked off into your Hole of a mother.

I'm saying.
I am saying that you. YOU THE PERSON WHO HAS A PROBLEM
with the people who are in the Discord.
YOU, go to the Discord and then tell them to post in the thread.
Because that's where YOU feel the problem is.

But instead, YOU. Are going to complain HERE. Where the DISCORD PEOPLE AREN'T POSTING AT.
>>
>>53369864
Don't be ridiculous. I'm posting here right now. Incidentally, there's new tutorial on discord that will help this whole situation.
>>
File: 2008-10-14-beartato-happyplace.gif (70KB, 700x563px) Image search: [Google]
2008-10-14-beartato-happyplace.gif
70KB, 700x563px
>>53369881
>new tutorial on discord

everything is fine now
>>
File: The problem is solved..png (180KB, 566x486px) Image search: [Google]
The problem is solved..png
180KB, 566x486px
>>53369903
Indeed.
>>
File: 100percentBavarianPhenotype.jpg (206KB, 960x496px) Image search: [Google]
100percentBavarianPhenotype.jpg
206KB, 960x496px
>>53369939
I'm glad I yelled at you.

Everyone can thank me for saving the Thread forever now.
>>
>>53369964
>>53369939
>the ban is already lifted
Greatest betrayal of our time.
>>
We're on autosage, so I think once this one slides off we should leave it to Jimmy to make the one
>>
The threads were just as dead before discord.
Or are you all just so fucking new?
>>
>>53371416
I actually think they're pretty active. Yeah not so active like the 40k shenanigans going on but everytime jimmy posts the thread becomes pure Gold.All we need right now is a good leftist riot to hate or a "rate my sword" discussion
>>
Also anyone running a campaign or some Fechts atm?
>>
File: jambo religion is rape.png (14KB, 531x137px) Image search: [Google]
jambo religion is rape.png
14KB, 531x137px
>>53372087
>>
>>53372087
Yea
Just as active before the discord.
>>
>>53372140
See? GOLD! I actually used this to confuse a religious friend
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.