[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mono-Green Control

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 9

File: G control.gif (45KB, 291x377px) Image search: [Google]
G control.gif
45KB, 291x377px
I'm thinking about this in the context of EDH, but it applies to every other format (except maybe standard, which I haven't thought about since innistrad).

I'm looking for cards. Green cards. With the ability to lock your opponent out of the game and win through a control strategy. Plow Under, Primal Command and Sylvan Library are the types of cards I'm talking about.

Can green do this without resorting to an enchantress or pod strategy?

What are sweet cards to put in such a deck?

Do we have any strong combos to use as finishers?

Do we even have any removal?
>>
Desert Twister and Beast Within for removal.

You could also put in Liquidmetal Coating and then Naturalize whatever you just turned.
>>
I don't play Magic any more, but you might look into my favorite deck archetype, Tooth and Nail.dec.
>>
Hall of Gemstone
>>
File: 163.jpg (62KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
163.jpg
62KB, 312x445px
>>53246872

The new Nissa from Kaledesh is good for Green Control.
>>
File: Image.jpg (28KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
28KB, 223x310px
>>53246872
>>
File: Image (1).jpg (32KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Image (1).jpg
32KB, 223x310px
>>53248743
>>
File: Image.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
Image.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>53248800
>>
>>53246872
>that's a nice multicolored deck right there
>would be a shame if something happened to it...
>>
Crop rotation. Gets you strip mine. Or wasteland. Life from the loam brings them back for a second go. Azusa and exploration let you do it multiple times a turn. Loam can draw you cards with cycle lands too.
>>
The biggest issue to me is that Green has jack shit that can interact with Storm.
>>
File: 54.jpg (71KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
71KB, 312x445px
>>
>>53248823
This.
>>
>>53246872
I think the closest you'll get is something like Lands in Legacy, which is mostly Green with a Red splash for Punishing Fire and Gamble. It's basically a Life from the Loam deck, similar to what >>53248942 suggested.
>>
I need to build another low power deck (<$100) and I really wanted to play GB but I wasnt a huge fan of only relying on my graveyard.

Sapling for Colfenor seems to be a bit better but throwing together a rough draft had it basically mono green.

I was hoping for more of a voltron but it turned into more of a Tribal Treefolks.

I did always want to build Doran but I dont want to buy into another three color mana base. I usually keep my budget build two colors or less.

Can it be made a bit more voltron oriented or will I inevitably upgrade it to the Doran deck I always wanted.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/treefolks-for-colfenor/
>>
File: 154.jpg (65KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
154.jpg
65KB, 312x445px
>>53246872
MONO GREEN CONTROL. i had the same idea friend. i think using a strong ramp shell with cards like x4 coco x4 ewitness and nykthos + arbor elf utopia sprawl combo. this will let you cast big sorceries like pic related and primal command to lock your opponent out. btw you can almost eternally lock people out with primal command/ewitness by them selves. putting their lands on top and turoting an ewit every turn
>>
Any ideas for green land destruction deck? I was thinking it with the typical land dest cards + more gimmick ones like argothian wurm etc. Can someone come up with a list?
>>
>>53257420
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/instant-deck-tech-r-g-ponza-modern
>>
>>53246872
SPORE FROG
>>
File: 281.jpg (70KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
281.jpg
70KB, 312x445px
Play this with Urborg.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.