[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 248
Thread images: 39

File: The-Boss.jpg (42KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
The-Boss.jpg
42KB, 750x563px
Stat her
>>
-10 HP
>>
Lost soul trapped in a Pachinko machine by horrible demons.
>>
File: flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg (45KB, 468x550px) Image search: [Google]
flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg
45KB, 468x550px
>>53245977
Boss/10
Way To Fall/20
>>
>>53245977
She was stronger than Naked Snake and just let him win at the end of MGS3 her mission was to die, right?
>>
File: MGS3-Stock-Footage-Earth.jpg (57KB, 800x444px) Image search: [Google]
MGS3-Stock-Footage-Earth.jpg
57KB, 800x444px
>>53246049
It seemed to me that she put up an honest fight. I think that she trusted in Snake's ability to defeat her in the end. But ultimately, yes - her mission was to die, as a "traitor".

>>53246006
POLITICS, ECONOMICS, THE ARMS RACE – THEY’RE ALL JUST ARENAS FOR MEANINGLESS COMPETITION. I’M SURE YOU CAN SEE THAT. BUT THE EARTH ITSELF HAS NO BOUNDARIES. NO EAST, NO WEST, NO COLD WAR : ONLY MY SIDES, FLOATING IN SPACE.
>>
Can survive on a tree frog so +4 CON
>>
The Boss

STATS
Body 4d Coordination 5d
Sense 4d Mind 3d
Charm 3d Command 4d (7d)
BASE WILL 10

SKILLS
Athletics 3d (7d), Brawling 5d (9d), Block 5d (9d), Endurance 3d (10d), Weapon (Knife) 4d (9d), Dodge 3d (8d), Ride (Horse) 2d (7d), Stealth 4d (10d), Weapon (Firearms) 3d (8d), Perception 3d (7d), Empathy 2d (6d), Scrutiny 3d (7d), Tactics 5d (8d), First Aid 3d (6d), Language (Russian) 5d (8d), , Lie 2d (5d), Persuade 3d (6d), Intimidate 3d (10d), Interrogate 2d (9d), Leadership 3d (10d+1wd), Stability 3d (10d+2hd)

LOYALTY: Her Country (4), Her Comrades (3)
PASSION: Battle (3)

CLOSE QUARTERS COMBAT (CQC)
Hyperbrawling: [Attack +2, Penetration+2, Deadly+1] (6 points per die) 1wd (24 pts)
Hyperdisarm: [Go First+2] (3 points per die) 1wd (12 pts)
Hyperblock: [Defends+2] (3 points per die) 1wd (12 pts)
Hyperknife: [Duration+2, Self-Only-3, Limited Width-1] ( 1 point per die) 2hd (4 pts)
EFFECTS: As the creator of Close Quarters Combat, the Boss is its unrivalled master. Her physical blows inflict Width+1 in Killing and her knowledge of joint locks and how best to exploit weaknesses to break bones allows her strikes to bypass up to 2 layers of armor. She can disarm any weapon from her opponent's grasp with +2 Width for speed, and any block she employs gains +2 Gobble Dice to destroy her assailant's Sets. CQC also encompasses Knife-Mastery; as a result, she can combine a Knife strike with any other action that she takes without taking a penalty for multiple actions.

(continued below)
>>
>>53246504
(2/2)

INSPIRING LEADER
Hypercommand: (4 points per die) 3d (12 pts)
Hyperleadership: [Endless+3] (4 points per die) 1wd (16 pts)
Hyperstability: (1 point per die) 2hd (4 pts)
EFFECTS: The Boss's ability to command her troops is legendary. Any order she issues is burned into the minds of her followers, such that it is never forgotten, even if that person one day decides to turn against her, which invokes a Stability check each time it is countermanded. This aura of irresistable authority stems from her own inner strength. With a total of 7d in Command she does not suffer dice penalties from injury or distraction and can use her Command stat instead of her Body stat when she makes an Endurance roll.

JOY OF BATTLE (8 pts per die) 2hd (32 pts)
Useful (Engulf+2, Permanent+4, Self Only-3)
Useful (Permanent+4, Self Only-3)
EFFECTS: The Boss's experience in battle has steeled her body and her nerves. She gains 2 additional Hit Boxes to all of her locations, and she doesn't lose dice from her Sets if she's hit by up to 2 attacks before they resolve.
>>
>>53245977
;_;7
>>
>>53246519
Hol up.
Why Endless on an Hyperskill?
>>
I always loved the "world without borders" type of villains. Pixy is another good example.
>>
>>53246560
The Boss's beliefs and teachings basically changed the future. The people that she encountered, especially Big Boss and Zero, were changed forever, and their interpretations of her will lead to the creation of LMSF, Outer Heaven and the Patriots. Even after death, her leadership has an effect.

That particular extra isn't TERRIBLY useful, but it is attached to a +1wd, which is extremely powerful. So you have a powerful special die with a unique and flavorful effect that may or may not come in handy.

I stated her up as a BBEG for a theoretical campaign, so the players would be facing up against guys that she's rolled Leadership on throughout the game, and they'd basically be permanent fanatics.
>>
>>53246613
Then it should be permanent.
>>
>>53246631
Doesn't need to be. Permanent means "Nothing can ever turn this off." Endless means "This lasts forever unless you decide to turn it off." As I see it, the Boss doesn't believe in creating unthinking drones, so if she wanted to she could change the mind of someone she'd already Hyper-leadershipped. If it was Permanent, even she wouldn't be able to change someone's mind once she commanded them. It's the old "could god create a rock so heavy even he couldn't lift it."

The problem arises when she dies in MGS3, and isn't able to clarify her beliefs, so Big Boss and Zero have to go off their interpretations of her beliefs. In death it effectively becomes Permanent, but that doesn't do her much good, does it?
>>
>>53246687
>Endless? You turn it on and it stays on until you turn it off, or until you get turned off. It stays up if you’re knocked out, but if you die (or run out of Willpower) it conks. Permanent stays changed no matter what, period. That’s the only differences between those Extras and Duration.

You can switch of Permanent, unless you slap on Always on.

Sorry for pushing this, I'm new to the system and trying to understand it.
>>
>>53246718
Good catch. I've been playing Wild Talents for several years now so I've gotten use to having kind of a loose interpretation of certain Extras and Flaws, so there you go. It should be Permanent, so the cost goes up to 5 points per die, which is 20 pts for a wiggle dice.
>>
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>53245977
>>53246504
>>53246519
The Boss was a total Mary Sue now that I think about it, how the hell did she still manage to be such a great character?
>>
>>53247233
By having a hard life. To the outsider looking in, The Boss may well look like a huge Mary Sue but she's struggled and fought for every inch she's gained and eventually got dicked over by her own people (the CIA), more than once, at that.
>>
>>53247233
Mary Sue implies getting what you got effortlessly, if you bled for it it's no longer a Mary Sue.
>>
>>53245977
WS 6 BS 5 S 3 T 3 W 2 I 6 LD 10 5+ 3++ Fearless FnP

The Patriot S 4 AP 4 Assault 4

Mentor - Increases the WS of one independent character in the army by 1.
>>
>>53247233
The structure of the game is also contributes to avoiding this trope. You only ever fight her directly once, so you don't end up in a situation where the player has clearly beaten the person but because the plot demands that he/she be awesome they win anyway. The whole game builds up to your confrontation and it doesn't disappoint.
>>
File: 1494705242717.jpg (86KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
1494705242717.jpg
86KB, 500x412px
>>53247233
Most Mary Sue's are annoying because they are usually the protagonists of their story and the people experiencing the story have to put up with their bullshit for the entire duration of it.

The Boss only appeared briefly enough that you don't get tired of her "she's the greatest person ever" schtick and actually can come to like her for being the badass she is, not to forget that her character's ending was anything but Mary Sue shit.

A true Mary Sue in the end would have done some asspull deus ex machina that cleared her name, ensured her survival and showed the world what a dick move the CIA was trying to pull by fucking her over.
Instead she died ironically because of a usually positive character trait (her loyalty) and almost failed in keeping her philosophy and worldview alive because the only two people that decided to follow it misinterpretated it.

She was a true patriot ;_;
>>
>>53245977

[FINAL BOSS BATTLE THEME NOT FOUND]
>>
>>53245977
She's like the Lady of Pain, you don't stat her.

If you fight her and she wants to win, you lose.
>>
>>53245977
So people keep saying that big boss and zero misinterpreted her philosophy.
How so? It's been a while since I played the main tetralogy.
>>
>>53246001
KEK
>>
>>53247980
From my memory, the Boss's ideology boiled down to two things:

1. The world shouldn't be divided by nationalistic lines.
2. Soldiers should be valued, not tossed aside

Zero took #1 and ran with it, creating the Patriots as a force for multinational stability that wouldn't be limited or restricted by political causes. It quickly got away from him and turned into a tyrannical regime of its own.

Big Boss focused entirely on #2 and created MSF and later Outer Heaven as a place where soldiers would have a home and a purpose beyond being pawns for governments.

Both were so focused on their own interpretations that they failed to see the full picture of what the Boss intended.
>>
File: buxN1.jpg (44KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
buxN1.jpg
44KB, 480x272px
>>53246504
>>53246519
How would her signature weapon be statted in Wild Talents?

Is it even possible to stat or did MGS3 just bent reality with the rule of cool too much to make it possible that an assault rifle modified to be used with only one hand becomes a viable weapon?

Not to forget that it was also probably modified to increase it's firepower based on the bullets coming out wildly spinning around (someone from /k/ explain to me what that means or if it is even realistic that bullets move like that after being shot out)
https://youtu.be/LJKkYQRGrPY?t=2m8s
(At 2:08)

Also does the stat block represent her ability to field strip a weapon while disarming someone, completely destroying it in the process (same video above but seen at 0:56)?
It says "Hyperdisarm" which I guess means she's really damn good at disarming someone, which is accurate, but maybe add the ability that she can also destroy a weapon without much effort after sucessfully disarming.
>>
>>53248258
>did MGS3 just bent reality with the rule of cool too much to make it possible that an assault rifle modified to be used with only one hand becomes a viable weapon?
Congratulations, you just summed up Metal Gear's signature weapon design as a whole. Ordinary enemy guns tend to be OK, but once a main character gets their hands on a weapon any semblance of realism goes out the window.
>>
>>53248258
Her Signature weapon is nothing special in WT because ammo isn't really tracked in any significant way. There's an example in the book of an assault rifle stated up as a Focus Miracle that explicitly doesn't include the Depleted flaw because most soldiers carry enough ammo that running out isn't going to be a problem during a fight.

If you wanted to stat it up though it would look something like this:

PATRIOT (1 pt per die)
Attack Range [Focus (Adaptation, Accessible, Irreplaceable, Operational Skill: Machine Pistol)-6, Spray+3]
EFFECT: An assault pistol developed for The Boss. Uses 5,56mm x 45 ammunition. The feeder mechanism inside the drum magazine forms a "OO" shape; this shape gives it the uncanny ability to fire endlessly, never running out of bullets or overheating from mechanical strain.

This gives it the same Stats as a submachine gun, but with the caveat that it never needs to be reloaded, so the GM would never have to stipulate that you've run out of ammo.

The Hyperdisarm gives her a Wiggle Dice an extra speed when she disarms using Brawling, so yeah that's her talent for actually taking a weapon away. Field stripping would be pretty easy, though a bit pricey:

FIELD STRIPPING
Hyperbrawl: [Attacks+4, Non-Physical+2, if/then-1 (only against firearms), Attached-2 (Disarm), Permanent+4] (8 pts per die) 2hd (32 pts)
EFFECT: Decades of combat experience has trained the Boss to be able to dismantle a weapon in seconds. After relieving a target of his weapon, this skill activates, inflicting 6 damage against the weapon, sufficient to break down a rifle to its component parts. Since this skill uses the Boss's knowledge of weaponry as the source of the damage, it bypasses any armor qualities that might make the arm resistant to damage.

In this form, she automatically strips any weapon that she disarms. It's pricey due to the fact that it doesn't require an actual dice roll ever; she can simply disable any weapon that she puts her hands on.
>>
>>53248258
>>53248629
(continued)

A simpler but less reliable way to handle Field Stripping would be like this:

FIELD STRIPPING
Hyperbrawl: [Attacks+4, Non-Physical+2, if/then-1 (only against firearms)] +1d (6 pts)
EFFECT: Decades of combat experience have trained the Boss to be able to dismantle a weapon in seconds. Any weapon she gets her hands on with a successful Field Stripping set she can inflict Width+4 damage against, enough to break down a rifle into its component parts in a single swift motion.

With this version you'd need to roll multiple actions and use one set to Disarm and another set to Strip, but it costs waaaaay less points (and is probably more fair to the player).
>>
>>53246576
>villains
>>
>>53248540
Were there even any signature weapons besides the Patriot?

Both Solid Snake and Liquid didn't have any, neither did Big Boss.
EVA kind of had her Type 17 Luger but she didn't really do anything unrealistic with it, especially compared to the shenanigans she got up to while riding her motorcycle.
>>
>>53251281
I have no idea how I managed to forget all the signature weapons that the members of the units in the games had, Revolver Ocelot could ricochet bullets off of walls and Vulcan Raven carried around a machine gun that was supposed to be mounted on planes.
>>
>>53251281
Why of course there are! Snake's signature SOCOM is an example of his signature weapon.

Revolver Ocelot uses the Single Action Army pretty much religiously.

Sniper Wolf had her Heckler and Koch PSG1, specifically with hollow-point bullets tipped with mercury.

Vulcan Raven of course had his Vulcan autocannon.

From Dead Cell, Fortune has her Rail Gun, and Solidus his high frequency blades, along with his tentacles.

The End had his special tranq-firing Mosin-Nagant, The Fury used his special flamethrower, and The Pain had a Tommy Gun and several grenades.

And of course, each of the Beauty and the Beast unit had some kind of weaponry inspired by a member of Dead Cell, while the animal section of their codenames came from Foxhound, and the emotional section of their codenames came from the Cobra Unit.
>>
>>53251486
The one note about this is that, aside from raw firepower, most of these signature weapons aren't like the Patriot in that they don't really have any extremely unusual qualities. They're just rather good guns or ones with unconventional ammunition.
>>
>>53251393
Incidentally:
>Revolver Ocelot could ricochet bullets off of walls

RICHOCHET SHOT
Hyperpistol [Non-Physical+2, if/then-1(only for shooting around cover)] (2 pts per die) 1d (8 pts)
EFFECT: Ocelot can shoot in such a way that his bullets careem off solid objects in the environment without losing their velocity or stopping power and, more importantly, in directions under Ocelot's control. The result is that anyone attempting to take cover from Ocelot's gunfire can still be hit irrespective of whether their bodies would normally be shielded from his aim.

This is nice because it would scale with whether Ocelot is a low-level boss encounter (give him 1d in the Skill) or a high level one (turn it into a wiggle die for 8 pts).
>>
>>53250241
Do people actually fall for the "the Boss was unambiguously good" meme?
>>
>>53248540
The patriot is actually based on the M231 Firing Port Weapon with a drum mag.
>>
>>53246001
It's kind of hard to feel the tension in this series when you know the dead live on as ghosts.
>>
>>53248540
This has to do with Japanese storytelling and magical realism. When someone practices something the tools they use are no longer tools but instead an extension of their own body.
>>
>>53246006
>implying that pachinko wasn't the best thing that could happen to metal gear
>>
>>53246001
I came here to post this.
>>
dice+2d6

Just practicing much dice rolls
>>
STR 20
DEX 20
CON 20
WIS 20
INT 20
CHA 200
>>
>>53245977
+4 strength
>>
>>53246084
>BUT THE EARTH ITSELF HAS NO BOUNDARIES
Except mountains, oceans, crevices, valleys.
Less literal are languages, cultures, nature, genetics.
Stupid globalist shill woman.
>>
>>53245977
>Would she be an IG unit or Inquisitor?
>Could she out-stat the glorious Sly Marbo?
>>
>>53245977
Did we ever find out just why she had those godlike soldier skills? Was she just born to be the perfect warrior?

Only thing we know about her past is that she was the daughter of one of the Philosophers, that means she grew up in a rich home right?
Could her father just have afforded all the best training for her with his illuminati money?
>>
>>53260474
Yeah, she was trained in basically everything from a young age, as I understand it. Genetically, I guess she just got lucky. It's harder to understand Big Boss, who was just a soldier from Nowhere, USA (I think).
>>
>>53260530
The secret is that genetics ultimately mean very little when it comes to building a better soldier.

Big Boss wasn't incredible because he had some magic "soldier genes." They were categorized as soldier genes because Big Boss had them.
>>
>>53258174
The former are features and the latter are construct, construct, not an argument in your favor, and a derivative of the last.

Your body is more than just a place for your soul, but only barely.
>>
File: boss.jpg (104KB, 1610x372px) Image search: [Google]
boss.jpg
104KB, 1610x372px
>>53245977
>>
>>53260630
That really is one of the great wincons of life: becoming so good the rest of the world judges related reality in comparison to you.
>>
>>53260836
It's a pretty thing to say, but I don't believe anyone who says it until I see Somalian "refugees" sleeping on in their living room. You believe in borders. Everyone does, whether they lie about it or not.
>>
>>53260900
"We are all one people." =/= "I want strangers in my house."
>>
>>53260900
I was talking more about data constructs than people, but I can see where you would get that impression. Apologista.
>>
>>53245977
But if I did that, my players will kill her!
>>
>>53245977
WHAT A THRILL
>>
WITH DARKNESS AND SILENCE THROUGH THE NIGHT
>>
>>53260844
That is stupid and misinterpretating what The Boss truly believed in a similarly retarded way Zero and Big Boss did.

The Boss's wished for a peaceful world but knew that people will always fight over stupid shit and then make up and then fight some more,
Zero thought that means the world should be forced into peace and started the New World Order, Big Boss thought that the fighting shouldn't be meaningless and wanted to create an environment where soldiers like him and her wouldn't be treated like dirt.

But what The Boss really meant was that there is literally nothing you can do to force it and that the only option is to accept the world for what it is and spend your time doing what you think is right.
Which is exactly what Solid Snake, and by extension Otacon, did post MGS2 with their organization "Philanthropy", their slogan was "to let the world be" which is literally what The Boss was saying all that time.
They were the only ones who followed The Boss's true ideals and they didn't even know it.
>>
>>53260630

No, but Solid, Liquid, and Liquidus were pretty damn tough soldiers with magical soldier genes.
>>
>>53261604
See, I interpreted her ideas in light of the themes of the series. It seemed to me that she basically just wanted to keep the world from being obliterated so that one day humanity's memes would evolve to the point that a borderless world would be possible. Zero and Big Boss tried to force it, but the change has to start in, well, the hearts and minds of the people.
>>
>>53246049
>>53246084
From story point of view, Snake was probably stronger than her, but just lacked the will to fight her and kill her.

Even with her constantly discouraging him, she wanted to see if he would continue with his mission anyway.
>>
How was Big Boss gonna carry out The Boss's will through Outer Heaven? Logistically speaking.
>>
>>53263974
Depending on if you see Portable Ops as canon or not.
If you see it as canon he had a shit ton of money that Gene gave him because he saw that Big Boss was a great leader and could fulfill the vision of Outer Heaven better than he could himself,
or if you don't think it's canon, Big Boss started Militaires Sans Frontières after parting with The Patriots and slowly build it up until it became so successful as a mercenary company that it started a golden age of private military companies as everyone else rushed to start their own. That made him enough money that he could start Outer Heaven.
>>
>>53255021
Aren't the ghosts a hallucination
>>
>>53267537
They are real, the supernatural definitely exists in the setting.
That was The Sorrows whole schtick after all when he was still alive, he spoke to the ghosts of the dead soldiers on the battlefield to gather intel.

I mean it even becomes a plot point at the end of MGS2 when Ocelot gave a speech about how magic isn't real but rather sufficiently advanced technology only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers and could deflect rockets even without the electromagentic field created by the device that was said to be the source of her power.
>>
File: 7afOl1.jpg (58KB, 575x212px) Image search: [Google]
7afOl1.jpg
58KB, 575x212px
>>53267596
>only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers and could deflect rockets even without the electromagentic field created by the device that was said to be the source of her power.
That was because Raiden and Snake would have been killed if she didn't. If Raiden and Snake weren't right next to her, she could have been killed off without affecting the story in any way. It was just a deus ex machina.
>>
Human lv5 operator parangon
Alignment: khorne or tzneetch, depending on how you look at it

Str 3 int 4 cha 2
Dex5 wis 4 fell 3
Cons 3 will 5 comp 4

Brawl: 5 (CQC)
Weaponry: 2
Ballistic 5 (SMG)
Craft 4 (disassemble)
Tech use 3
Acrobatics 3
Athleticism 3
Perception 4
Stealth 5
Intimidate 3
Leadership/command 5
Animal ken 2
Academic lore 4 (war)
Common lore 5 (soldier knowledge)
Politics 5
>>
>>53267519
I guess I just don't understand the concept of Outer Heaven put into effect, wouldn't a nation of mercenaries be worse since mercs are generally soldiers that are used up and then dismissed/denied
>>
>>53246001
I'm missing something
>>
>>53267881
That doesn't pan out because Kojima also put Snake and Raiden there. If he had wanted to kill off Fortune without bringing the Patriot control of her powers into question he could have just put them somewhere else, but he didn't.

Magic is real, you can't account for everything, and no matter what the Patriots think there's no blueprint that lets you perfectly control people.
>>
>>53270033
A nation of mercenaries, led by a mercenary king, where the only respectable job is to be a mercenary, would basically be a paradise.

They'd be dismissed/denied elsewhere, but in Outer Heaven they'd be treated like respected members of society, or even heroes.

And with "Big Boss"' practice of snatching up orphans from the conflicts Outer Heaven participates in and raising them to be mercs, there's even a way to grow the population.
>>
>>53270033
The ideology behind MSF and Outer Heaven is to provide a structure and lifestyle where soldiers don't have to worry about politics and can focus on what they're meant to do: fight. Soldiers of a mercenary state would never have to worry about being denied recognition or payment for their action because they aren't answerable to the government that employs them, but to Outer Heaven. In Big Boss's dream, his soldiers would never be tossed aside or buried under red tape and revisionist history, because at the end of the day they're coming back to Mother Base instead of to some soviet fortress or south american bunker.

It's not exactly the most well thought out notion, but remember it was dreamed up by a guy who thinks that eating a glowing mushroom will recharge a battery pack, and somehow makes it work. Belief goes a long way in MGS.
>>
>>53270902
>Big Boss was secretly an ork all along
>>
>>53270902
How much of Metal Gear can be explained by "Big Boss is the type of man that still believes in Santa Claus?"
>>
>>53271005
>be a man who travels all over the world conducting stealth ops
>believe in a man who travels all over the world on an annual stealth op
Santa's a role model for Big Boss, really.
>>
>>53271042

There was a Solid Santa flash game out in the webs a while ago.

http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=262

Merry Gear Solid

Also had a sequel of sorts.

http://www.superfundungeonrun.com/?page_id=256
>>
>>53271005
Wait didn't he start being trained by The Boss when he was like 15?

Did The Boss dress up as Santa for him on christmas?
>>
>>53275327
No. She brought in The End and dressed him up.
>>
>>53270902
>it was dreamed up by a guy who thinks that eating a glowing mushroom will recharge a battery pack, and somehow makes it work

This is in the same universe, at the time, as a man who photosynthesized like a plant, a spider guy, a man who shot bees from his mouth like a gun, and a large russian who punched lightning. Eating mushrooms to recharge batteries is not far fetched in the midst of this.
>>
>>53275675
Not to forget that eating the mushrooms literally did recharge the batteries, Snake was right but everyone still treated him like a retard for even suggesting the idea.
>>
>>53270902
What about the billions of soldiers that fight because it's a goddamn job, not a way of life? Fuck them, right?
>>
>>53275675
Yeah but that was all parasites.
>>
>>53248258
>someone from /k/ explain to me what that means
They won't have near as long an effective range, but they'll leave bigger holes in you.

>if it is even realistic that bullets move like that after being shot out
Bullets can and will tumble, but rifling is designed to prevent it by spinning the bullet. If she didn't smooth the barrel, she'd have to be using either unbalanced bullets or ones with misshapen bases.
>>
>>53277786
No one, at any point, said Big Boss' idea didn't have flaws. You know, except BB and his flunkies.
>>
>>53261604
>>53263456
Hah, I see you guys have fallen prey to the Boss's Legacy too.

Lemme explain. There's no right way to interpret The Boss's Legacy, and there will never officially be one released, because the point of The Boss's Legacy is that without further interpretation, no one CAN know what The Boss really wanted. This is also why there was never a game where you play as The Boss.
>>
>>53270119
She's dead.
>>
>>53280669
I mean, if we were to play as her, we would probably be playing as the brutal, indoctrinated version of her that felt joy in battle and thought of borders as absolute, because we would probably be playing as her before she went to space.
>>
File: Boss Squad Rolling Table.png (39KB, 268x1698px) Image search: [Google]
Boss Squad Rolling Table.png
39KB, 268x1698px
Rolling six times for a boss squad.
>>
Rolled 81, 94, 39, 74, 51, 3, 22, 8, 50, 73, 71, 67 = 633 (12d100)

>>53280957
This happens way too often to be funny anymore.
>>
Rolled 52, 66, 3, 80, 54, 92, 3, 40, 57, 89, 12, 8 = 556 (12d100)

>>53280957
>>
>>53280957
I said it last thread. I'll say it this thread. Create your own naming conventions for your squads.
>>
>>53281121
If you're coming up with them from scratch, sure. But this is a quick way to generate a FOXHOUND squad gone rouge.
>>
>>53267596

fucking christ, 2 got weird towards the end huh
>>
>>53281374
>>53281374
If you look at the timeline of the Metal Gear world, it's pretty distinctly a tonal shift over time, from pulp-style weird science to hard military sci fi to silly futuretech, all roughly tied to what kind of science fiction was popular at the time.
>>
File: 1493697590193.jpg (67KB, 662x672px) Image search: [Google]
1493697590193.jpg
67KB, 662x672px
>tfw you were so hype for 5 and couldn't wait to see big boss finally snap and become an outright villain instead of a morally grey protagonist
>only to find out that you're just an impersonator and big boss has been out becoming evil on his own behind the scenes and nothing mattered

I'm still a bit irate over this to be quite frank.
>>
>>53281519
>expecting a straightforward and predictable plot
Actually, what would V have looked like if it had been Revenge of the Sith, assuming everything went well?
>>
>>53280957
>>53281121
I wish there were versions of that picture inspired by one of the other squads.
>>
>>53245977
muhwaifu/10
fite me Jack
>>
>>53285726
Well you can't really combine two rolls there. If it's the Cobras, pick an emotion. If it's Dead Cell, pick a fitting title that may or may not be inspired by a slur.

If it's the B and B unit, that's just animals, which is the right side of this table, and an emotional expression (shrieking, giggling, shouting, cackling, sobbing etc)
>>
>>53281519
Game was pretty much half-finished on release. There was an entire other lord of the flies island with all the kids planned as a bumper-length final level planned that got scrapped.

I will never forgive konami.
>>
>>53285726
None of the other squads had names that could be easy to generate like that, Dead Cell had single names that just described what the person was like, the Cobra's "The" plus emotion is really simple too, the Beauty and Beast unit don't really work if you make all the stuff up since they are supposed to be based on past units and the Winds of Destruction also just had weather phenomenons as names which isn't interesting to randomly roll for.

I do wonder though how exactly it worked for Militaires Sans Frontières and Diamond Dogs soldiers, they also had the "word"+"animal" convention but since they were a lot more people overall than the small and tight Foxhound squad we know, their names were probably randomly assigned unless Big Boss and Kaz actually sat together and brainstormed ideas for what to call each and every new recruit based on their personality and skills.
>>
>>53280957
There was a thread a while ago where anon rolled, created and fluffed a MGS style unit and a drawfag drew all the members. Shit was cash.
>>
>>53267596
>only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers
Nope. That was an electromagnetic field hidden on her body by the Patriots without Ocelot's knowledge.
>>
File: 1444035856910.jpg (947KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444035856910.jpg
947KB, 1920x1080px
>>53285977
CZG, they weren't rolled though
>>
>>53286010
>CZG, they weren't rolled though
Thanks m8, I thought they were, how'd they come together? my memory is a bit hazy I guess.
>>
>>53286006
Is that explicitly stated?

Pretty much every single supernatural element to MGS is left ambiguous to my knowledge, Mantis' power is later recreated by Screaming Mantis who's using nanomachines, The Sorrow was only canonically seen while NakeSnake was unconcious and bordering on death, Ocelot's magic arm was nanomachine therapy.

etc etc
>>
Rolled 59, 74, 93, 65, 54, 48, 6, 49, 50, 21, 59, 18 = 596 (12d100)

>>53280957
Rollin'
>>
File: Tunguska Strain.png (311KB, 1870x1630px) Image search: [Google]
Tunguska Strain.png
311KB, 1870x1630px
>>53286027
writefagged
>>
>>53285968
Nothing random about it.
>>
File: 1444016992842.png (317KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444016992842.png
317KB, 1920x1080px
>>53286041
>>
>>53286041
>>53286050
>He capped the thread

10/10, would fulton to safety
>>
File: 1444045810322.jpg (153KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
1444045810322.jpg
153KB, 768x576px
>>53286069
I wrote it, i'm a self masturbatory prick
>>
>>53286087
Man, the Yoji Shinkawa style of art is so bloody awesome.
>>
>>53286087
Do you have the other stuff from the previous thread? The flamingo guy, Sparrow and Owl, the bird squad?
Nothing wrong with flogging your log m8
>>
>>53286010
This happened more than once actually, it's likely at least one of the times they were rolled randomly.

Does anyone has a link to the other time /tg/ made a whole Metal Gear boss squad?

I only remember that it involved a leader that styled himself after Big Boss but only did it for show (wearing a fake eye-patch, etc) without actually believing in any of his values.

It also had a Sniper who prepared his battlefield like a concert, light shows and fireworks included. He used a megaphone and read his enemies psychological profiles so that he could taunt and insult them into leaving cover.

The group also had a psychic that came from a long standing family of powerful people with supernatural abilities, but she didn't actually have any powers.
She was ashamed of being different so she studied to become a technological expert and all of her "abilities" are actually hidden technological devices she placed on herself and her battlefield.

They even made up a support team, though I only remember one member, she was a psychic profiler for the FBI and a sister of the girl without psychic abilities.
>>
>>53286049
Damn it, Kaz.
>>
File: 1444016615532.png (68KB, 1868x508px) Image search: [Google]
1444016615532.png
68KB, 1868x508px
>>53286099
I don't, just this. another anons crack at what the evil plot might be
>>
File: end_boss.jpg (423KB, 851x880px) Image search: [Google]
end_boss.jpg
423KB, 851x880px
>>53286105
Yeah, that was the bird themed squad. End Boss mai husbando
>>
>>53286049
>>53286121

Kaz "around blacks never relax" Miller
Kaz "Call an air attack on that black pack" Miller
Kaz "Empty my 9 on the Welfare Line" Miller
Kaz "When you build a nation don't forget to make a cotton plantation" Miller
Kaz "white future, bright Future" Miller
Kaz "Fulton a coon and I'm shooting the balloon" Miller
Kaz "chimp choking champion" Miller
Kaz "one man klan" Miller
Kaz "nuke the spooks" Miller
Kaz "the mudskin manslaughterer" Miller
Kaz "If he's black, break his back" Miller
Kaz "hopping holocaust" Miller
Kaz "racial pain hurricane" Miller
Kaz "the number one authority on killing minorities" Miller
Kaz "no darky malarky" Miller
Kaz "bring a kike, I'll take a hike" Miller
Kaz "Nig Killer, Blood Spiller, Grave Filler" Miller.
Kaz "If he's black send him back" Miller
Kaz "If you fulton a nig, throw him in the brig" Miller
Kaz "Black Parade on the End of My Blade" Miller
Kaz "Squash the Apes like Grapes" Miller
Kaz "Beat the Black so He'll Never Talk Back" Miller
Kaz "if you fulton a black, don't come back" Miller
Kaz "if you fulton a fag, I'm emptying a mag" Miller
Kaz "if you fulton a kike, I'm taking a hike" Miller
Kaz "if you fulton a coon, I'm shooting the baloon" Miller
Kaz "if you fulton a jew, I'm coming after you" Miller
Kaz "throw every nig in the brig" Miller
Kaz "we're Diamond Dogs not welfare for nignogs" Miller
Kaz "for every nig you recruit I'm gonna bomb a mud hut" Miller
Kaz "load rap music into your hind and I'm putting an RPG on your behind" Miller
Kaz "Quiet is enough, bring any more women and I'm pulling the colt" Miller
Kaz "this is how my life as a 4chan meme began" Miller
Kaz "Dropping Nukes On The Spooks" Miller
>>
>>53286153
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZY7QCBMWoE
>>
File: cwolf.jpg (594KB, 1090x953px) Image search: [Google]
cwolf.jpg
594KB, 1090x953px
>>53286105
>>
File: mman.jpg (377KB, 702x923px) Image search: [Google]
mman.jpg
377KB, 702x923px
>>53286177
>>
File: nkdove.jpg (325KB, 686x841px) Image search: [Google]
nkdove.jpg
325KB, 686x841px
>>53286216
>>
File: rcroc.jpg (382KB, 744x842px) Image search: [Google]
rcroc.jpg
382KB, 744x842px
>>53286269
>>
>>53286037
God damnit. This might the worst squad I've ever seen.

>59, 74
>Golden Beaver
This gal has no useful powers at all, but I guess she likes to eat trees and is really into jewelry.

>93, 65
>Sniper Flea
A sniper that's hard to find. You know, just like a regular sniper.

>54, 48
>Killer Labrador
Almost all animals sound a bit more threatening when you put the word 'killer' in front of their name. Labdrador doesn't.

>6, 49
>Machinegun Chihuahua
A short, crazy Mexican with a machinegun. Ok then.

>50, 21
>Unpredictable Hawk
So a regular hawk?

>59, 18
>Golden Alligator
This name at least sounds vaguely like it might belong to the final boss, but that's pretty much where it ends.
>>
File: rhino.jpg (325KB, 588x946px) Image search: [Google]
rhino.jpg
325KB, 588x946px
>>53286292
>>
File: rowl.jpg (495KB, 1135x784px) Image search: [Google]
rowl.jpg
495KB, 1135x784px
>>53286321
>>
File: storm_gator.jpg (200KB, 736x965px) Image search: [Google]
storm_gator.jpg
200KB, 736x965px
>>53286340
>>
File: tee3j.jpg (406KB, 1014x1003px) Image search: [Google]
tee3j.jpg
406KB, 1014x1003px
>>53286362
>>
>>53286294
You have to step your creativity game up anon.

>Golden Beaver
An inventor with a love for fine art and expensive material, anything she designs is a masterpiece of engineering, whether it's a weapon, a suit of armor or a vehicle.
The problem lies in her inability to design anything that doesn't has fine art carved into the hull, is covered in fine jewels or otherwise looks like something that should hang in an art gallery or a museum instead of actually being used on the battlefield.
Half the cost of her making fine equipment is just paying for the decoration.
Furthermore she somehow always manages to make the aesthetic of the thing she's built to be an essential part of its design, without it the whole thing would just break down which is why the military still allows her to do things like cover a railgun with diamonds because somehow they are essential to making the electricity flow just the right way and make the weapon effective.

Fighting her involves having to get past her personal security which is decked out in her fine equipment before having to face her while she is in her Iron Man style body armor.
An effective way to get an advantage would be to wear aesthetically unpleasing body armor and equipment to disgust her into lowering her guard, even better if it's modified to look downright distasteful, covering it with Rhinestones, colouring it in a clashing manner, etc.

>Sniper Flea
Actually is pretty easy to find as he doesn't bother conceiling his position that well, he takes potshots and taunts his enemies to come and get him.
His true power lies in his ability to cross a distance of his body height times 100 in a single jump just like an actual flea. By the time the enemies reach his position he already jumped to another position to take shots from while the enemies have to deal with the booby traps he left behind.
>>
>>
>>53286795
Source?
>>
im bored at work
>>
Rolled 93, 10, 12, 25, 48, 57, 41, 8, 11, 68, 29, 89 = 491 (12d100)

>>53280957
>>
>>53286033
>The Sorrow was only canonically seen while NakeSnake was unconcious and bordering on death
Not if you see the hidden first person views.
>>
>>53288470
Yeah, for anyone who doesn't know, you can see the Boss's ghost after she dies in MGS3.
>>
Good work, /tg/! But stat ME!
>>
>>53289456
I forget: what all does he do in the game with his tentacles?
>>
>>53289560
He uses them to choke people, climb up and hang on walls and they also seem to be able to shoot out small rockets.

Not to forget his proficiency in dual wielding swords, his skills as a soldier and probably great public speaking skills/generally good charisma, he was the president of the united states after all.
>>
>>53258174
>Less literal are languages, cultures, nature, genetics.

Don't worry, we've got a plan for all of those things too.
>>
>>53290944
I need someone to explain how no one noticed that Big Boss was president.
>>
>>53292101
Didn't he have both eyes when he was president?
>>
>>53292101
I'm pretty sure Big Boss only became a publicly known figure some time between MGS2 and MGS4, in one of the codec calls in MGS4 Snake mentions that a lot of Big Boss's files have been declassified recently which turned him into a pop cultural icon, before that he was likely only known in higher military circles and certain parts of the government.

This still leads to at least some people wondering why the president is a dead ringer for some insane african warlord that operated years ago but considering that one of the biggers themes of MGS2 was information control it wouldn't be far fetched to believe that The Patriots went back and changed all records of how Big Boss looked so that nobody could actually prove it.
>>
>>53288470
Canonically. Those were easter eggs.
>>
>>53248258
AFAIK, that was a mistranslation or something.
At the time, new research had found that once bullets hit a body, they tumble. That obviously got corrupted somewhere down the grapevine into what you see in game.
>>
>>53292407
>considering that one of the biggers themes of MGS2 was information control it wouldn't be far fetched to believe that The Patriots went back and changed all records of how Big Boss looked so that nobody could actually prove it.
It could have been the Metal Gear equivalent of the Mandela effect, a community of higher military personal that comes together because they swear that Big Boss looked exactly like the president of the united states but everybody mocks them because all written records of Big Boss show him to have red hair.

>>53292433
At multiple times in the game The Sorrow holds up cards that show information that Snake would have no way of knowing about like codes for doors or a countdown timer for the C3 as Snake has to listen to Volgin monologue instead of getting the hell out to avoid the explosion.

You have to go to first person mode but they are not hidden, there is a button prompt on the screen meaning they are not hidden eastereggs but Snake actually seeing Sorrow.
>>
>>53292407
I don't know if I'm remembering this or making it up whole cloth because it's perfect, but I swear there was a codec call in 4 about Big Boss's face being plastered on t-shirts like Che.
>>
>>53292550
>neither snake nor any character in the game makes any mention or recognition of the creepy dude floating behind volgin holding a count-down timer

Yeah nah, I'm gonna say that the player is the only one who can see that. You find a codec number on the back of the box for MGS1, that doesn't mean Snake carries a copy of the MGS1 box on his person lest he need to use the codec number on the back.

Kojima's all about sticking his dick through the 4th wall and waving it in your face, but he still seperates in-universe canon pretty clearly.
>>
>>53292570
Definitely a nice parallel to people actually wearing t-shirts with El Che on it.

Why exactly did Peace Walker have so much Che wanking in it?
Does Kojima actually think that he's a Dindu Nuffin or was it just supposed to mirror how Big Boss himself would become such a controversial person later on?
>>
>>53292550
>>53292407
Arsenal Gear, if the AI is to be believed, didn't filter, censor or replace information with lies, it simply created additional information in order to create a context for a narrative. If you've got a narrative as a context and continue to contextualize events, any other information simply bolsters it. The idea being that if they dont ensure there is a 'positive' narrative, people will create their own contexts and it will cause chaos and discord as people experience the world with a completely different lens of what's going on.

Honestly the most chillingly accurate thing Kojima predicted. That's modern politics and media.
>>
How would you run a Metal Gear game?
I thought up some vague ideas and would like some feedback because running a Metal Gear game actually sounds like a pretty good time.

The game could follow the most classic Meta Gear formula, a military unit has gone rogue and caused an incident and the PCs are send to infiltrate the enemy territory stop them from causing any more damage.

Another idea is to reverse the classic formula, the PCs are the military spec ops unit that goes rogue to fulfill their personal goals and they have to survive whatever the government sends to stop them.
For context the campaign could begin with the unit regularly doing missions for the government while slowly getting convinced for whatever reason that going rogue would be the best course of action and the real start of the story will be when the PCs decide to go rogue and overrun a position they can defend and have something they can threaten the world with for demands like nuclear warheads or an important hostage.
This would probably work best if the character creation happens as a group so that they can mutually think of a reason the whole group would go rogue for.

My last idea was that the PCs are members of a private military company that get send on sandbox like missions like in PW and V.
This could be set either during the 80s golden age of PMCs that got started after MSF turned out to be profitable or during the 2010's when most of the worlds militaries got replaced with PMCs as people lost faith in their countries after NYC got destroyed in MGS2.

How do you think should the PCs be?
Badass normals like Snake who are just really good regular soldiers or superpowered people like Foxhound was?

>>53292679
When Emma first explained what Arsenal Gear was capable of she specifically used the example "you know there are 26 letters in the alphabet, but what if it were actually 27 but all all information of it got altered?" which lead me to believe that it could also change past information.
>>
>>53293397
Already running it.

Players are a 4-man CIA-organised team sent to defuse a nuclear-armed rogue PMC in vietnam circa 2012.

I'm not giving away any secret shit because I guarantee at least one of them is going to read this.
>>
>>53293397
I personally like the idea of having them go on missions for PMCs in the 2010s, and I think the PCs should be highly-specialized, talented soldiers like Ocelot, Sniper Wolf, and maybe Raven (his magic stuff didn't seem to do much) who employ powerful technology and possibly drugs.

Furthermore, you could have a somewhat normal character progression by starting them off as soldiers who stood out in more usual military positions and have recently been chosen for a special squad patterned after the successful super squads of the past (like how Solid Snake was a Green Beret before FOXHOUND). Over time, they could transform into the usual MGS boss squad. After all, as they succeed in missions, the PMC should feel more comfortable with investing more expensive technology and more specialized training into them. Actually, it may even be their successes that fuel the economic growth of the PMC...

You may want to put some thought into what the squad's specialty as a whole would be, though.
>>
>>53293667
>squad's specialty as a whole
Yeah, I mean, Big Boss's FOXHOUND was basically just known for being insane but competent, while Liquid Snake's FOXHOUND handled counterterrorism. Dead Cell tested security on military installations. I think the B&B Corps was just a shock unit. The Cobras seemed to excel in wild terrain. It's something to think about.
>>
File: 1381858055894.gif (21KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1381858055894.gif
21KB, 350x350px
>/tg/ : we don't even need /v/ anymore
>>
>>53293796
The world would be a better place without /v/
>>
>>53293796
/tg/: where the highest-quality discussions of nerdy topics on 4chan take place and the janitors are never paying attention

Now, I wait for the next Worm thread to appear.
>>
>>53293803
>No...the world would be better off without /v/.
>>
>>53280957
Roll
>>
>>53293983
I really like Worm but over time I began to dislike the threads because they were just the same old discussions over and over with barely anyone actually talking about running Worm as an RPG and using it for the one thing it did almost flawlessly which is the worldbuilding.

/co/ had some successful Worm threads in the past couple weeks and if general discussion about Worn could stay on there while the /tg/ threads actually stay on topic of traditional games I wouldn't mind more Worm threads on here.

Which reminds me that I've been thinking about running a superhero style game in the Metal Gear setting.
People with what are essentially superpowers exist but in the games we only ever saw them depicted as soldiers in the military, surely it wouldn't be far off that some people with abilities like psychic powers living in urban zones (something we never saw in the games except when they were ravished by war) would rather use their powers for crime or crime fighting instead of becoming soldiers.

I've been thinking of ways to still make it feel like Metal Gear instead of just being a superhero game that just happens to take place in the same universe.
The constant militarization of superheroes could be a running theme, the cape scene is full of military recruiters as a powered person is way more useful in the military than as a vigilante crime fighter.
Major superheroes get paid millions by the government to advertise that they are joining the army and that anyone else with powers should too.
Even the most despicable villains are offered pardons for their crimes if they join the military, leading to protests by people, including victims of their crimes, that'd rather see them punished in jail. Not to mention how unhinged squads made of terrible former villains must be when the government tolerates them doing bad things as long as it's against the enemy.
>>
>>53251486
Don't forget Big Boss's "Operator" M1911, which Solid got in MGS4 (it's heavily implied to be an exact replica if not the same one).
>>
>>53246504
Do you mind if I post all the write up you did for The Boss in the /WildTalentsGeneral/? It's great content and people there should see, maybe we can even get some other characters statted out of it.
>>
Rolled 4, 16, 89, 59, 60, 78, 45, 10, 3, 95, 40, 12 = 511 (12d100)

Let's see how this goes.
>>
>>53277935
No, the parasites weren't a thing then. They hadn't been discovered or utilized yet, and this was before the Patriots anyway. The Patriots WERE the cast of MGS3, remember? Before they were the Patriots. Considering the Patriots were the ones who weaponized the parasite research, what are you suggesting? The Patriots went back in time to parasite the Cobra Unit to make a stable time loop?

There are supernatural abilities in Metal Gear's setting. Even if you can deny all the villains of MGS3 having CLEARLY supernatural abilities, there are psychics in every single MGS game. All of them.

>But muh hallucinations
Which would still have to be caused by psychic powers.
>>
File: stats before backstory.jpg (48KB, 397x525px) Image search: [Google]
stats before backstory.jpg
48KB, 397x525px
>>53251486
>mentioning solidus
>not mentioning his DUAL P90S
>>
>>53295149
Parasites were confirmed as the source of the cobra's powers in V.

There are no explicit supernatural powers in MGS.
>>
>>53281519
What really pissed me off was how they ruined Kaz's character entirely. I can understand him having been pushed too far, but jesus christ, way to make me hate my favorite MG character. Not to mention his declaration at the end of the game makes him being Solid Snake's mentor and friend make NO FUCKING SENSE. I mean, maybe he calmed down in the interim, but time just seemed to be making him WORSE, so...
>>
File: 7afOl2.jpg (68KB, 570x180px) Image search: [Google]
7afOl2.jpg
68KB, 570x180px
>>53295116
>4/16: Shotgun Viper
Relatively normal guy, armed with a pair of shotguns; probably an automatic like an AA-12 and/or a pump gun with fun alternate ammo like Dragon's Breath and whatnot.
>89/59: Luchador Goat
Crazier CQC than the Boss herself. Crazier, not necessarily more powerful.
>60/78: Silver Tick
Yeah, I got nothing. Maybe a guy in powered armor?
>45/10: Vulcan Butterfly
Vulcan Raven's Costa Rican niece.
>3/95: Rifle Hippo
African big game hunter with a old-fashioned fuckoff huge hunting rifle. No scope, no problem.
>40/12: Cunning Iguana
The evil mastermind behind whatever cockamamie plot the unit is plotting. Kind of like Decoy Octopus; he stays basking on a sun-baked rock until something interesting happens.

How's that sound?
>>
>>53295166
Not to forget his dual Katanas which were named "democrat" and "republican"

>>53295193
Except Psycho Mantis who appeared in the same game and obviously had powers and Volgin who could generate electricity also without it ever being mentioned that he had parasites.
>>
>>53292624
>Kojima's all about sticking his dick through the 4th wall and waving it in your face, but he still seperates in-universe canon pretty clearly.

You're right, he did. And in MGS3, holding L1 allowed you to see what SNAKE was seeing.
>>
>>53295149
>>53295193
Trust me, I loved the supernatural bullshit. It just made sense to me that, as the Patriots got more and more control, they'd weed out people with actual superpowers in favor of people whose powers they could just turn off whenever they wanted like the B&B. And then after they were all dead and gone you get people like Sam emerging, who is a genuine superhuman freak of the old school able to go toe to toe with a top of the line cyborg and that means that the old magic is coming back!

But then it was just parasites.
>>
>>53295193
>The parasites that weren't utilized until the Patriots were utilized before the Patriots

So did you actually play MGSV or is "m-muh parasites" the latest fad explanation for no supernatural stuff existing in MG? Because they explicitly say that Code Talker had a change of heart and didn't use the parasites until the Patriots forced him to.

THE PATRIOTS THAT DID NOT EXIST BEFORE MGS3. Konami is shit at retcons and you're a fucking retard for going along with their bullshit. If they can't keep their story straight, you have no leg to stand on.
>>
>>53295298
Psycho mantis' powers were recreated 1:1 by screaming mantis, plus V talks about psionics being a science thing. It's leaning to legit, but still ambigious.

Psure V again pinned volgin on parasites and thats also why he became a fire zombie.

>>53295337
It shifts you to a first-person perspective, but I dont see how that changes anything here.

>>53295401
Agreed, I fucking hate the parasites. It has made for a consistent rule though.
>>
>>53295401
Look, I appreciate you trying to be civil, I really do, but Konami flip-flopped on the topic so hard that it's impossible to tell if there's supernatural shit or not in MGS, until Konami finally contradicted themselves in a way so major that it couldn't possibly be taken seriously. As I said before, unless supernatural time-travel is involved, there are supernatural elements in MGS.
>>
>>53295415
The parasites were initially sourced from the cobra unit, I think The End is the one they took the samples from that were in the game.

It's a retcon sure, and a bad one, but it's canon. Dont use all-caps unless you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>53245977
-4str
>>
>>53295443
>Psure V again pinned volgin on parasites and thats also why he became a fire zombie.

No, it had nothing to do with Parasites, Volgin LITERALLY came back via SHEER HATRED channeled through Baby Psycho Mantis. This was the game's literal explanation for zombie Volgin.

Are you sure you're not misremembering "PARASITES SON" as a knee-jerk reaction to EXPECTING parasites to be the answer to everything? Because that part at the very least is confirmed 100% supernatural bullshit.
>>
>>53295498
Yeah, no parasites. According to the wiki he didn't actually die in MGS3, he was an angry vegetal and mantis puppeteers him so he can exact revenge.

What a shitty plot device.
>>
>>53295666
>Konami in a nutshell

Thank god Kojima got away from all that.
>>
Rolled 7, 20, 15, 65, 14, 19, 88, 86, 93, 67, 34, 93 = 601 (12d100)

>>53280957

One last time cause I need a random mercenary boss name
>>
>>53286294
>>53286294
Motherfucker, you're just not trying hard enough. Observe.

>GOLDEN BEAVER
An expert at base-building, a master of traps, and Golden Alligator's younger sibling. Give Golden Beaver a specific area and some prep-time, and she'll turn it into either a highly efficient operating base or the perfect ambush point. Like her brother, she's fascinated and obsessed with wealth, and her gear has gold inlays.

>SNIPER FLEA
A soldier who grew up on the battlefield, Sniper Flea's code-name comes from the fact that he became a sniper at a young age, and due to malnourished, his growth was stunted. He's smaller than the average person, but he's deadly with a sniper rifle. However, his modus operandi calls for several decoy snipers distracting his targets while he takes careful aim and picks them off. Thus, he trains a special squad of snipers known as the Flea Squad.

>KILLER LABRADOR
An assassin by trade, Killer Labrador is also an avid hunter. As such, he actually uses a Winchester model 1894 during combat, out of sentimentality. He has trained his combat style to incorporate this, and he is no less deadly for his weapon choice. He has an incredibly high kill count and has the stamina and speed to pursue any fleeing target, yet for some reason fades away when confronted. His trusty dog, Rusty, an actual Labrador, accompanies him at all times when not on the battlefield.

>MACHINEGUN CHIHUAHUA
Armed with an M60, Flashbang Grenades, and several LRAD devices, Machinegun Chihuahua's tactics revolve around disorientating the opponent, before going in for the kill with his machine-gun. With his Long-Range Acoustic Devices, he blasts loud static at the ears of opponents, rendering them helpless, and his flashbang grenades stun his foes. Fighting him without proper ear and eye protection is tantamount to suicide.
>>
>>53300185
>UNPREDICTABLE HAWK
A trained Paratrooper, Unpredictable Hawk is the ultimate in surprise attackers. He has mastered the art of infiltration, and possesses the speed and stealth to pull off many operations quickly. His kit is standard, yet he possesses the strange ability to attack from a different angle almost instantly after retreating from the first angle.

>GOLDEN ALLIGATOR
The elder brother of Golden Beaver, Golden Alligator is the leader of the Gold Bullets, a crack team of Covert Ops Specialists. A jungle survival specialist, Golden Alligator believes that man has gone soft from living in civilization, and the perfection of humanity can only occur by returning to a more primitive form of living.
>>
>>53300185
>>53300195
These are legit. Nice work.
>>
>>53295295
>Silver Tick

clearly a doctor kinda guy that kills people with injections
>>
Rolled 80, 74, 87, 91, 48, 1, 45, 26, 8, 21, 24, 84 = 589 (12d100)

>>53280957
Heaven or Hell, let's rock.
>>
File: 1471485571852.png (57KB, 566x159px) Image search: [Google]
1471485571852.png
57KB, 566x159px
>>53303703
That could work. Lyme disease is no laughing matter. Or maybe he reverse-engineered FOXDIE. That would be terrifying.
>>
>>53303703
>>53303790
What if he's a disguise specialist? Like, not Decoy Octopus level, but he can fool people into thinking he's someone else, so he can alter the fluids injected during medical exams and such. He could be the reason why this team of boss battles takes control of a facility.
>>
>>53300185
>>53300195
Those are real nice

>>53303703
>>53303790
>mfw
>>
>>53280669
>This is also why there was never a game where you play as The Boss.
It's probably for the best. Worst case scenario is that The Boss's idea of a world without borders is miles and miles of pachinko machines, as far as the eye can see.

Konami: WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT AN AWESOME IDEA
>>
>>53303992
Shhhhh anon, they could hear us.
>>
>>53304075
This still makes some of my blood boil.

>amazing graphics
>wasted on slot machines
>>
>>53303763
Alrighty, let's roll. Time for my own Counterterrorists gone rogue team.

EARTHQUAKE BEAVER
Possessing a powered armor suit that gains electric power from kinetic energy, Earthquake Beaver carries a massive hammer, along with a Desert Eagle loaded with .357 Magnum Rounds. Engaging this giant in CQC is just asking to be destroyed, and he's not a bad shot with his pistol either. You'd best stay out of sight while fighting him, and watch out, since most weapons can't penetrate his thick hide. I hear Chaff Grenades can disable the sensors on his suit though.

Earthquake Beaver spent his adolescence as an orphan on the streets of Toronto, Canada. During his childhood, he had lived on Vancouver island, which was attacked by Terrorists using cutting edge technology in the form of seismic weaponry, creating a large-scale magnitude earthquake. This earthquake destroyed his home and led to the tragic deaths of his family members. The terrorists responsible were caught by the Canadian Counterterrorism unit, the Joint Task Force 2. This led Beaver with a strong desire to join the JTF2, and he eventually ended up in the unit after joining the army. After several successful years of service, the special weapons development division of the Canadian Military selected Beaver for their new Seismic Suit project, using data from several previous weapons projects. Beaver accepted, but later learned during trial runs for the suit that the data was based on the seismic weaponry used by the terrorists on Vancouver Island years ago, and that the weaponry originally came from the special weapons development division. He left the military with the seismic suit and went rogue, later joining The Team.
>>
Rolled 49, 83 = 132 (2d100)

>>53280957
Just going to try making one boss.
>>
File: 1357525215293.jpg (123KB, 425x457px) Image search: [Google]
1357525215293.jpg
123KB, 425x457px
>>53280957
I rolled with random.org so I dont have to make a post with rolls and one with names.

Machinegun Vulture
Starts every mission without any weapons other than some throwing knives, during the mission he will acquire weapons from the enemy's, most favoured are machineguns of which he will often carry several and ditch them instead of reloading.
Raging Flea
Scouting, infiltration and close combat expert, partner of Fearful Bear.
Known for often unknowingly riding along on enemy vehicles.
Screaming Armadillo
Wearing a special suit that can function as a mobile communications centre, this agent is a average fighter but can listen in and misdirected enemy communications.
Fearful Bear
The partner of Raging Flea and Survival, infiltration and combat specialist, known for often mangling his enemy's, he is also known to sometimes abandon or delay his actions for too long objectives if he encounters strong resistance.
Praying Mammoth
Here I am not really sure maybe someone that is known to spray and pray?
Tsunami Koala
Absolutely no Idea except maybe a sniper?
>>
>>53304268
>Tsunami Koala
With a name like that they've gotta be Australian Navy.
>>
>>53304245
>Mysterious Orangutan

Maybe a fat guy who is inexplicably hard to locate. Uses trees or high areas as his favored hiding spots. Very talented at setting traps and ambush points.
>>
>>53304191
Next up is China's representative on The Team.

GUNNER PANDA
Gunner Panda is The Team's weapon specialist, able to fire any weapon she picks up. She was given this training as part of a top-secret Chinese military initiative due to a peculiar trait of hers. Her fingerprints and biometrical data are somehow able to by pass ID locks on weaponry, allowing all weaponry to be used freely. Her personal preference is the Type 85 Submachinegun, which she carries with her at all times, but should she run out of bullets, she will adopt ambush tactics to try and get you into close range. Her training in close quarters combat mainly focuses on disarms, so while she can't knock you out at that distance, she may steal your weaponry if you're not careful. Watch out.

Gunner Panda was a part of a military cloning initiative funded by certain elements of Chinese government. Her batch was designed as soldiers that could change their appearance at will for the purposes of Psychological warfare. The batch was a failure and set to be terminated, but it was noted that Panda in particular possessed the ability to almost subconsciously interface with bio-metric data scanners and deliver correct results. This prompted a special training program in which Panda was taught various types of firearms and tactics for the purpose of creating the ultimate adaptable soldier. Eventually, the project didn't appear to be delivering results on the level that was hoped, and was slated for termination. However, Panda performed her first act that was of her own free will, and escaped the facility After leaving the country, she was picked up by The Team and offered a position as weapons expert. Panda agreed.
>>
>>53304268
>Praying Mammoth
A religious assassin, built like a tank. He always carries a little bible with him, and favors taking down his opponents with his own bare hands. He prays for the souls of each of his kills.

>Tsunami Koala
A chubby, small and inconspicuous woman. She's an explosives expert, always smoking (even near hazardous materials). Spends most of her time in hidding, and only uses her AA12 automatic shootgun if she has to fight for her life.
>>
>>53304464
Next, South America.
BRUTAL SPIDER
The Team's interrogation specialist, Brutal Spider wields two machetes and a plethora of throwing knives. While not as specialized in battlefield combat as some of her teammates, she's still a threatening opponent, having coated all her blades in a deadly hallucinogenic toxin derived from the venom of the Brazilian Wandering Spider. If you get hit, you'll certainly have a hard time of things. She's immune to most poisons and sedatives too, so don't try to tranq her.

Brutal Spider is a sadist, pure and simple. She enjoys the pain and suffering and others, but is also focused enough to channel that desire into the practical art of interrogation. She enjoyed a steady rise through the ranks of the Batalhão de Operações Policiais Especiais, or BOPE. Eventually though, she decided that even the BOPE was too tame for her, and struck out on her own, attracting the attention of The Team, who were in need of an Interrogation Specialist.
>>
>>53304719
Now Africa.

VULCAN VULTURE

Vulcan Vulture is not usually a ground operative, possessing only basic counter-terrorism operations training. His real talent is piloting a customized Saab JAS 39 Gripen, outfitted with a variant of the M61 Vulcan Cannon. His piloting skill with it is top-notch, and he can bead in on a target with exceptional aim from a long distance. Avoid a direct engagement at all costs.

Vulcan Vulture was a top pilot in the South African Air Force, whose career was cut short when he stumbled across a meeting he never should have seen between two officials. He was immediately discharged and warned that speaking about what he saw would lead to him having a lethal "accident". The Team took notice of him, and offered a spot with them as a pilot. Vulture took his chance and joined, taking with him some weapon modification specs from the SAAF.
>>
>>53267596
>I mean it even becomes a plot point at the end of MGS2 when Ocelot gave a speech about how magic isn't real but rather sufficiently advanced technology only for Fortune to reveal that she actually had supernatural powers and could deflect rockets even without the electromagentic field created by the device that was said to be the source of her power.
I thought that she just used willpower to override his remote control on her magnetic field.
>>53292628
Hard to say, Kojima's a tough nut to crack.
>>
>>53305192
United States.

DYNAMITE HAWK
The Team's explosive expert, who chucks out grenades like candy, but lacks any kind of firearm. He's also extremely agile and a master of parkour, so make sure he doesn't get the drop on you.

Dynamite Hawk actually had no military experience before The Team, having been noticed due to his arrest after building a bomb in his backyard as a teenager. He was taken in and given training by the group's leader.
>>
File: 1342242414318.jpg (102KB, 467x500px) Image search: [Google]
1342242414318.jpg
102KB, 467x500px
>>53245977
Uninteresting/10
>>
>>53305574
And finally the leader.

ELECTRIFYING CHIMPANZEE

A former member of MSF, Electrifying Chimpanzee has had a long and tumultuous life. He has honed his skills as a soldier with techniques learnt from his time among the soldiers of Big Boss, eventually forming The Team in his old age, as an attempt to continue on Big Boss's legacy.

Might add more later.
>>
So what could be some interesting original naming conventions for squads?
The Foxhound inspired chart is cool but I'd like to have some alternatives.

In another thread someone suggested colors as codenames or parts of codenames and some of their symbolic meanings are represented in the person that carries it.
Red can stand for anger and blood but also for love, etc.

It sounds promising but I think it would work best if used with colors that actually have cool names, "Cyan" "Ash" and "Crimson" sound way cooler than "blue" "gray" and "red", though simple color names probably still have a place if they manage to sound cool and fitting despite being simple.
>>
>>53306581
Sounds good enough, maybe limbs or body parts from animal or man.
>>
Rolled 99, 26, 79, 100, 61, 65, 98, 78, 71, 11, 69, 80 = 837 (12d100)

>>53280957
Rock and roll
>>
>>53286795
>Family bonding.
>>
>>53292679
H. G. Wells predicted it. If you can control information, you can control the people. Information control was how Big Brother worked. "We have always been at war with Eurasia".
>>
>>53306581
Plants and fungi are vastly underused.

"Dancing Mandrake" as your social assassin, for example.
>>
>>53310848
It's not just controlling what information is available; kojima's reasoning being that in the information age it's impossible to do so. What arsenal gear does is create context for the information, so that it fits a narrative.

It's in the same way that trump supporters and trump opposers can see the same piece of news and interpret two completely different stories from it, or how you can google 'what is gamergate' and compare the wikipedia article to a pro-GG article and get stories that read like completely unrelated events with a handful of characters in common.

It's not about filtering, it's about contextualising.
>>
>>53310926
Removing information, adding (contextual) information, it boils down to the same: You are controlling what people see and how they see it.
>>
>>53247951
>She's like the Lady of Pain, you don't stat her.
>If you fight her and she wants to win, you lose.

But if she doesn't want to beat the PC(s), yet she also can't hold back when fighting them, does that mean she spontaneously gains stats?
>>
Is Konami fucking up the franchise again?
>>
>>53306581
>>53306670
What would the body part signify?
It kind of reminds me of Glaz and Paliz, the Eye and the Finger, a sniper-spotter team from Ground Zeroes.

It could be a squad of amputee soldiers that each lost a different body part (which they get named after) and they wear high tech bionic limbs which they use for combat.

This concept would only really work if it was set before cyborg technology in the MGS universe started to get insanely powerful which I think happened in the early 2010s a few years before MGS4, otherwise it would kind of lose its novelty of being THE cyborg team.
But it should also be set after the 80s because during that time bionic limb technology was still in its infancy as we saw in TPP, the arms Venom had were one of a kind models and their use as weaponry was limited, they were just side gadgets.
Somewhere between the 90s to early 2000s seems like a good compromise.

How about this:
>During the late 80s the government was funding research for bionic limb development as a response to seeing Venom, the leader of the Diamond Dogs PMC, using unique bionic arm designs on the battlefield and realizing the potential bionic limbs have as weapons.
>their best scientists worked on reverse engineering the designs and modifying their models to allow for more utility and fire power as opposed to making limbs an amputee could use to have an easier life.
>the result: the creation of the "Phantom" unit, a unit of veteran soldiers that each had to give up their soldierhood due to lost limbs but now can return to the battlefield stronger than ever thanks to new biotnic weapon designs.

[1/2]
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>53311905
The members would be people like
>"Crimson Hand", a man that lost his left hand due to it being burned off as part of torture he had to endure as a prisoner of war.
>as a result he developed an angry and sadistic personality that is somewhat obsessed with fire and heat
>His bionic hand is in the form of an oversized fist that has multiple holes around it's front and sides and tubes running alongside his arm to his back, connecting it to a fuel source worn as a backpack.
>It's made out out of iron that, once it's activated for battle, starts heating up gaining a deep red color.
>The hand functions as a flamethrower that can throw flames into multiple directions at once, Crimson Hand can use it comfortably while wielding another weapon with his right hand
>it can also be detached and launched like a rocket causing a flaming explosion on impact, for this reason Crimson Hand carries several of those hands as back up with him.
>but his favourite technique is getting up close and personal to his enemies and punching them with the fist, leaving them writhing in pain as their skin is melting off

With the naming convention being:
[color that in some way symbolizes the persons backstory and/or personality and/or bionic limb capability]+[the limb that got replaced]

[2/2]
>>
Rolled 97, 46, 26, 56, 60, 52, 37, 92, 26, 72, 62, 94 = 720 (12d100)

>>53280957
My squad will be the ones that lead us to victory in that war.
>>
>>53312140
Raider Husky
Stone Deer
Silver Buffalo
Laughing Mammoth
Stone Wolverine
Crystal Rhino

Fuck you, Crystal Rhino. I almost had a perfect Native American special forces squad, and you had to go and fuck it up.
>>
>>53312182
Maybe they are a Native American special forces squad and during a mission in Africa to stop a warlord came across a young wandering lone soldier who also wanted to kill the warlord for having murdered his entire tribe.

They gave him weapons and took him along and over the course of the mission he proved himself, impressing the squad with his abilities as a warrior.
After the mission was finished they saw that the young soldier had nowhere else to go and offered him to join their squad, he gladly took up the offer and returned to America with them.

Over time as he went on missions with them he started adopting parts of their culture and mixing it with the African tribe culture he grew up with.
This includes taking on a spirit animal that in his case is a mighty creature from his native country, the rhino.

The "crystal" in his name refers to diamonds, the little stones that used to control his life and are the reason his tribe is dead. The name serves as a reminder.
>>
>>53310848
>1984
>Wells
!

>>53311820
The franchise is dead. There's no Metal Gear without Kojima.
>>
>>53312636
Make him a child soldier and play up that shit that used to happen where unwanted kids would go live with the Native Americans.
>>
>>53280957
(rolled manually)
>Brass Hedgehog
Wears a special shock-absorbing suit and has a multitude of M1911s strapped around his body, linked together by a curious puppeteer system. Also dual wields M1911s. Thanks to his borderline superhuman senses that allow him to have almost 360 degree vision, he can operate the strings that link his guns to create an all-encompassing field of fire, making himself difficult to approach without injury.
Originally a trick shooter with uncanny accuracy, senses and a fondness for pistols, he was recruited to special forces and trained after a FOXHOUND officer discovered him by accident.
>Lucky Axolotl
Ambushes his enemies in bodies of water using explosives, or using a knife if he has to stay stealthy. As he wears a diving vest he can deflate it enough to sink into contact with the ground, and because he can almost eliminate his breathing he can stay put for a long time without giving his position away. He can also walk on all fours on the ground with uncanny ease.
Of Mexican descent, he was transferred into FOX from the SEALs, where he was an underwater demolition specialist.
>Unheard Cheetah
He was the best operator when it came to moving on and through rough terrain, but could also somehow sprint inhumanly fast to attack in close quarters, without ever making a sound. This made him a prime candidate for infiltration operations, but his lack of patience and preference for combat got him compromised once and he was transferred to team ops where he performed satisfactorily.
Of African descent, he has a fondness for the tribal hunter style and uses specially designed micro spears to kill silently.
>>
>>53313692
>Monk Kangaroo
A Chinese-American ex-Delta Force who studied secret forms of Qi Gong in China with Taoist monks, and gained unbelievable strength, endurance and resilience on top of unarmed combat skills. He named his own style of martial arts "kangaroo boxing". It's said that he can direct energies to spots in his body to deflect bullets. In combat he never particularly aims to kill, but neither to leave the target alive. The fates of his enemies is decided by leaving it up to flow. He also uses divination to try and gain information about the future; it's unknown if this actually works, but his refusal to join an operation that he foresaw as doomed saved his life once when the rest of the squad got wiped out in an ambush.
>Insane Gecko
Night fighting expert mercenary who can crawl around in the ground (and onto walls) as easily as he can walk. He was set to be fired from his outfit after what appeared to be the night-time slaughter of a whole village in Afghanistan suspected of sheltering insurgents before being recruited by FOX. He can see as clear as daytime in darkness, but he has trouble distinguishing individual shapes. This is further complicated by the fact that he suffers from some kind of mental sickness that makes him extremely violent and unable to distinguish between anything that isn't friend or foe. It is said that his sickness makes him see the shapes of "enemies" as things too horrible to behold, and he tries to get rid of them by killing them; but he is also known to be an avid supporter of terror tactics. FOX judged that collateral damage would be reduced to 0 if he was employed in black ops.
He uses a silenced shotgun fitted with a bayonet. Although he wears clothing designed to be optimal for sneaking in the darkness, he will use white paint to create a frightening image that he claims makes the "monsters" afraid, and will occasionally shriek in horrible ways.
>>
>>53313978
>Knight Barracuda
Leader of the unit. A veteran of CIA secret operations during the '90s. Extremely loyal to his "lord", which he sees to be America itself, he also adheres to some kind of combat ethic. Always interested in body armor as a way to enable himself to fight more "heroically", he stole a prototype primitive power armor before his unit went rogue. With this piece of equipment he becomes extremely resilient to small arms fire and even to explosives. He painted his armor to be slightly shiny, and started wielding a sword. The second half of his codename comes from the way he looks due to a combination of his height and the shine of the armor suit, as well as the extremely aggressive and savage way he fights.
>>
>>53311053
No, you just bullshit the encounter.
>>
Rolled 87, 42, 25, 48, 100, 8, 47, 46, 57, 26, 47, 94 = 627 (12d100)

>>53280957
Doing it.
>>
>>53251692
She was sent to die and created Big Boss--the only reason the series exists (in canon, anyway, besides Kojima being fucking nuts) is because of how she influenced Big Boss and Zero. Zero less so because he's not a protagonist and he is on screen for like ten minutes out of the entire series, half of which is him as a vegetable.
>>
>>53248540
ENGRAVINGS
OFFER
NO
TACTICAL
ADVANTAGE

W H A T S O E V E R
>>
>>53319846
What if you've got helpful reminders on operating procedure engraved on it?
>>
>>53261699

Solid had all the recessive genes, he beat out Liquid with all of the dominant genes per MGS.
Solidus was a perfect clone and he got dunked on by Raiden, some Liberian child soldier.
>>
>>53270963
>>secretly
>>
File: absolutely barbaric.jpg (175KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely barbaric.jpg
175KB, 640x640px
>>53286049
>>
File: genes.png (172KB, 581x393px) Image search: [Google]
genes.png
172KB, 581x393px
>>53319883
>Solid had all the recessive genes, he beat out Liquid with all of the dominant genes per MGS.
You are aware that MGS1 failed 8th grade biology, right?
>>
File: atlas felt.jpg (91KB, 885x1024px) Image search: [Google]
atlas felt.jpg
91KB, 885x1024px
>>53281519
Don't worry, so is everyone else, friend.
>>
>>53281921
Probably no Venom and Zero actually appearing. More GZ-tier stuff happening to all your friends from PW, I assume. Grimdarker and edgier.
Alternatively maybe Big Bossu would just get gradually more aggressive, start off about as level headed as Venom and then at the end instead of being upset about the infection on Mother Base like Venom he'd have felt nothing. Who knows?
>>
>>53319866
They would have to be very tiny or very concisely worded reminders on sop.
>>
>>53319959
Perfectly. That is not the place in this series I'd like to plant my feet in the ground and refuse to accept the mumbo-jumbo "science" explanation, though.
>>
>>53300185
>>53300195
The only good one is Sniper Flea. The key to a good MGS squad is having all their abilities and styles somehow mirror tragedies from their past.
>>
>>53319959
Dominant and recessive genes is bullshit fed to Liquid by Ocelot.
>>
>>53321319
Well you could create tragedies for the others.
>>
>>53321319
Not necessary for everyone though, I don't think Ocelot, Vulcan Raven and most of the Cobras had trauma related to their abilities.
Every squad only had some members like that, with exception of the Beauty and Beast unit where it was their main gimmick.
>>
>>53278300
>>53292457
The term you're looking for is Keyholing. Bullets which aren't given sufficent spin from rifling (such as in an absurdly short barel like the one on the patriot) will tumble through the air instead of remaining point towards the target. Your accuracy would be fucked, and you'd probably have worse penetration, but you could potentially leave larger wound channels from side-on impacts with a target.
Thread posts: 248
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.