[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Times where systems you loved really shit the bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1467404784348.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1467404784348.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>Really excited to get my encounter NPCs kitted out in Diaspora
>In-campaign, nobody has exceptionally good ground laser tech.
>get to the rules
>energy weapons get more than twice as many build points to work with as slug throwers
>they also get more stunts to work with
>>
>>53244635
Essentials
>>
>about to play star wars d20 rpg system that came out before Episode III
>players have wound points, which are equal to their constitution score, so serious injuries like actually being shot or stabbed
>and vitality points, so glancing blows, near misses, and stuff
>basically works like normal D&D, except you only die when all your wound points are gone
>crits deal damage directly to wound points
>if you take a crit while you only have wound points left, you die
>alright, seems good, now what about force points?
>...there are none
>you spend vitality points instead
>that's right, you use health to use the force
>its rolled for exactly the same as hp, and uses your con mod
>you fucking constitution determines how much you can use the force
>and you can use the force to heal yourself anyway, so you can never really run out for force power, as long as you have that skill. you only have to spend a round "healing" yourself to get more vitality and keep using force powers
>>
Every system, every time I want to grapple something.
>>
File: 1493656195241.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493656195241.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>running Dark Heresy 1st Ed
>player decides to play a Metallican Gunslinger
>goes with two auto-pistols
>always fires full-auto
>+30 when firing full auto
>murderfucks everything I throw at the party, no matter how tough
>get bitter and send them to a desert
>dessert bandits drive-by him to death
>ban gunslingers
>comes back with a bullshit Psycher build and keeps one-shotting everything
>stop GMing since I'm shit at it
>>
>>53246143
I'm glad that full auto was changed so it wasn't the 'always use forever' option in the latter half of the line.
>>
>>53246143
Force them to carry less ammo, or resupply less often.
>>53246048
Play BoL or any other light system.
>>
File: exasperated_animu.jpg (80KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
exasperated_animu.jpg
80KB, 1280x720px
>play VtM
>make combat monster Brujah with around 13 dice to attack
>roll
>9 1's
>trip over my own feet and break an arm
>>
>run vtm
>everyone has celerity
JUST
>>
>>53247854
Oh that game were the better you are at something the higher the chance to fumble. I love it
>>
File: 8Q7fFqG.jpg (156KB, 750x714px) Image search: [Google]
8Q7fFqG.jpg
156KB, 750x714px
>>53244700
you can only recover vitality with the force once per hour actually, and wounds once per 24 hours
it's only 2d6+6 vitality at the best, too.
if your DM's letting you refill every other round with heal self then your dm's being a daft twit and neither of you have read the rules.

jedi healers eventually get the neat ability to completely restore somebody's health and wounds by spending a force point though, which are normally only used to boost d20 rolls

personally one of my biggest issues with the system was crits, because your wound points never significantly improve without serious feat dumps so a single good crit can instantly kill a character, since at most you'll require like 30 damage to drop somebody to -10.
compare this to how most late-game characters will be reaching 100+ vitality and how everybody's damage will scale to match.
this lead to at least two uncermonious instant kills of 'boss' enemies and nearly two instant kills on players (thankfully the DM rolled super low on damage for me and only dropped me to 0, and for the second case the guy got dropped to about -8 and i managed to save him with a force heal the turn after)
i'm genuinely surprised nobody in the group got instantly killed by a crit considering how long that campaign went.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.