[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Foils

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: mvv9zg3cpgdy.jpg (88KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
mvv9zg3cpgdy.jpg
88KB, 1334x750px
Has anyone ever successfully unfucked a foil?
>>
>>53239897

I've done it with an extended stay between two thick textbooks, but it will just warp again unless you use stiff card protectors.
>>
>>53239897
>Double sleeve
>lay it on a text book or similar flat surface
>put at least two large text books on top of it
>wait at least 48 hours
>enjoy your flat cards
>>
>>53239897
>hi i want to sell this pack foil lotv
>well its super warped and nobody is buying foils so ill give u 30 dollars, best i can do
>>
Basically what other anons said - do your best to try and press them flat.

For some foiling processes, storing them with one of those hygroscopic "do not eat" packets that you find in backpacks or beef jerky will usually stay the process. It's generally a good idea to keep one in your deck/collection boxes.
>>
If you store unsleeved foils face to face and back to back it can prevent them from coiling, especially with a little pressure in the container. that's more preventative, sorry OP, but the more you know.
>>
What I do is Perfect fit it, then with the sleeve in the same direction, thus not sealed sleeve it. Then do the same with a ultrapro thick hard plastic sleeve. All three should be oriented in the same direction. Face the open part of the sleeve away from a blow dryer and INDIRECTLY on low slowly heat the case. Do this until the sleeve is warm to the touch but not hot. Wait 10 minutes. Remove sleeves. Done. Don't have to worry about making air bubbles since its been indirectly heated and you don't get the stretch marks that you can get by flattening with books.Whole process takes 20 minutes.
>>
>>53239897
Put it in the freezer for 2-3 minutes then lay it flat and put a book on top.
>>
>>53243277
A this guy
>>53243446
Can confirm this for solid
>>
>>53243446
DO NOT DO THIS OP
Putting a foil in the freezer causes the foil crystalline lattice to harden, which will then snap and crack when you try and lay it flat.
>>
>>53239897
You gotta do packed fresh double sleeving. I fail to comprehend why turboautists let their cards get ruined, it's like giving someone $200 to chop your balls off.
>>
>>53240519
anon is talking about silica gel, and yes it works, just make sure you keep them in a dry, closed space and replace the packets once in a while
>>
File: RC-124.png (46KB, 522x522px) Image search: [Google]
RC-124.png
46KB, 522x522px
>>53239897
Just use a foil
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>53244409
>>
>>53244317
Foils bend because the foil is less thermodynamic than the cardboard. And sleeves can only prevent the warping at low humidity. That's why the best way to fix them is to introduce controlled humidity (freezer, fridge, steam, w/e) then pressing the card overnight.

Don't submerge your cards or let them freeze, don't be autistic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.