[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>there's no such thing as a useless ca-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 87

File: The13thGrave-LOB-NA-C-UE.png (1MB, 672x999px) Image search: [Google]
The13thGrave-LOB-NA-C-UE.png
1MB, 672x999px
>there's no such thing as a useless ca-
>>
>>53238267
Not very useful, but no card is actually useless.

That's a Normal monster, it's level 4 or lower, it's a Zombie. Maybe not the most optimal option, but it's still usable.
>>
>>53238267
T-tributes?
>>
File: GuardianElma-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png (470KB, 400x585px) Image search: [Google]
GuardianElma-LCYW-EN-C-1E.png
470KB, 400x585px
>>53238794
>no card is actually useless
>>
>>53238267
>there are 4 and 3 stars with equal or higher defense
>>
>>53239314
>setting isnt summoning
>>
First gen duel monsters cards are fucking bonkers. Like two thirds of them are completely useless but a bunch of others are absolutely broken to the point that they are STILL banned despite the power creep
>>
>>53239644
So you set it, wait for it to be attacked and hope it isn't attacked by something with more than 1200 attack.
>>
File: 1472964275268.jpg (46KB, 309x323px) Image search: [Google]
1472964275268.jpg
46KB, 309x323px
>>53239355
I miss the days when you and all your mate's decks would just be a random mishmash of whatever came out of boosters. I remember one kid had a Black Skull Dragon. I only ever saw it summoned once but we all lived in fear of it. Now you can buy archetype decks with perfect synergy straight off the shelf. I don't know... It's good and bad, I suppose.
>>
>>53240294
I feel ya. It's worse when you just have a deck that sorta works and the person at the store constantly wants to play with you so he can can stomp you with his tryhard deck.
>>
File: Wall_of_Illusion.jpg (56KB, 341x500px) Image search: [Google]
Wall_of_Illusion.jpg
56KB, 341x500px
>first card I ever got, first one I saw when I opened my first pack
>it was alright initially but quickly got shitty
>still put it in every deck I make no matter the theme
>>
>>53240080
But then the effect won't activate.
>>
File: Shapesnatch-PGD-NA-C-UE.png (468KB, 400x587px) Image search: [Google]
Shapesnatch-PGD-NA-C-UE.png
468KB, 400x587px
Step aside, kids. I got this.
>>
>>53240448
Back when those "level up this card every turn, max level card is bullshit powerful" cards were popular, I would occasionally use Wall of illusion to troll the people who played them.

>Whoops, guess you have to start all over again from level 2.

That was basically the only use for it though.
>>
>>53240537
>easily searched due to low stats and being a normal monster
>can tribute summon it using your opponent's monster using monarchs stormforth
>swing, use creature swap, fusion/synchro/xyz summon etc. with it
>>
File: tmp_29632-272481876890082.png (169KB, 286x395px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_29632-272481876890082.png
169KB, 286x395px
>>53238267
>>
Normal monsters with less than 4 stars had some support at times. Remember Gravity bind? Law of the Normal? Heart of the Underdog? Level Limit Area B?

Eventually having magics and traps support monsters that were useless on their own would never manage to compare to using powerful magics and traps to support monsters with powerful effects and stats. But they could have made it so that only weak monsters were able to swarm the field and there would have been creative decks using these random cards.
>>
>>53240728
I used to have Gravity Bind in my Sea Emperor-based deck not too long ago. You never knew when it could save your arse, though it could also screw you over if you didn't plan properly.
>>
>>53238267
>stat values are multiples of 100
This is how you know it's a shit game.
>>
>>53240581
That doesn't make it useful. None of those are actually uses, they're things you can do with it that a dozen cards can do better. Like half that post applies to Summoned Skull or Panzer Dragon.
>>
>>53241237
Wall of Illusion has 1850 Def, but that still doesn't change the fact that Yu-Gi-Oh is a shit tier game.
>>
>>53240294
Amen brother/sister
>>
>>53240294
So never unless you only played casually?
>>
>>53239656
yugioh is reaching it's logical conclusion

they started weak as fuck when konami created the game, as time went on they introduced better and more exciting cards.

today we have cards that will help you become a lawyer with the amount of information and technicality each card has.

you don't even need luck of the draw, yugioh is played by literally going through your deck and pulling the card you want because of another card effect.
>>
>>53240294
Casual card games are the best way to play. A buddy bought me a booster set for MtG and all I did was take the artifact, red, and blue cards and mash them into a stack. I even won some games with it.

And then he made a blue mill deck just to see if he could win with discard. He couldn't but he did force a tie
>>
>>53239656
I miss when Yugioh was simple before all of this "card effect draw summon synchrofuse swing levelup pendulum synchro to activate card effect to summon synchro then pendulum level up the synchro xyz and swing to pendulum to summon synchro level pendulum okay i attack you for a total of 9800 lifepoints good game round 2?"

I used my old deck that used to kick a lot of ass against a buddy of mine's that was all post-2016 cards. I got defeated on his second turn every time because of all the stupid pendulum, swinging, synchro, whatever bullshit the decks have now.
>>
Everyone's blinded by nostalgia. The shit people remember was like the first few years of the game. Yugioh has had more years with Special Summoning multiple monsters than with Normal summon 1, pass.
>>
File: PenguinSoldier-SDRE-EN-C-1E.png (115KB, 200x290px) Image search: [Google]
PenguinSoldier-SDRE-EN-C-1E.png
115KB, 200x290px
>>53242773
I remember being able to beat the shit out of some synchro decks during the 5Ds says using my old Umi/Legendary Ocean deck. Penguin Solider could basically destroy two Syndrho monsters at once. And I heard some people still use Grave Keeper decks. But yeah, I think other than that I'm sure you're right that the power/mechanics creep has fucked up things bad.
>>
>>53242812
Nostalgia definitely drives the game's popularity in the eyes of us nerds who played it back in the day, I totally agree.

Even back then I didn't much think it was the best, and when I started playing MTG I got hooked and ditched Yugioh pretty quick.

I think it's something to do with the depth. Yugioh is incredibly simplistic if you think about it. The most strategy you do is matching up card effects and choosing when to tribute monsters, hoping your opponent doesn't have a free instakill card as a trap.

In Yugioh weaker cards are also totally useless, which isn't something you see often in MTG. Yeah it has plenty of useless cards too, but three weak cards can overwhelm and destroy a very powerful card. In Yugioh, nothing like that happens. Five 500 Atk monsters can't beat a 1000 Atk monster no matter how hard they try, so the combat becomes incredibly simplistic where you only attack if you know your stats are better rather than planning strategic blows on your enemy.
>>
>>53240294
>I only ever saw it summoned once but we all lived in fear of it.
Why? You had raigeki, black hole, and the magic card recover magician.
>>
>>53242866

Well, fitting a game drawn from a manga based around gaming where it was the obvious MTG stand-in that happened to just eat up the whole plot - I feel like YGO started as a CCG which was really intended to play up that almost meta-narrative.

Like, you could buy a starter deck based on one of the big-name characters, but you still had all their shitty shit they carried around because in the story they were just like real world guys who had to go through god knows how many boosters and spend shitloads of money on singles on ebay or whatever. So when you pick it up you're the same way - you have to scrape together random shit to make what you've got work.

So in a sense, the game feels like it plays very close to the show - except now it's still going and has been going long enough there's no reason not to just pick an archetype you think is cool and you can just buy structure decks because it turned out to be popular/make money so it had to get more tools for people to blow more money on getting into.
>>
You know what never stopped being a good card?

Mirror Force.

When in doubt, use more Mirror Force.
>>
>>53243386
This. We were basically Joey Wheelers all over the world.
>>
>>53243410

You bring up another good point, almost all the major characters/antagonists in the original show basically cheat the paradigm.

Kaiba is a millionaire, he can buy as many cards as he needs. Yugi's grandpa owns a game store and plays himself, you know he keeps the primo shit. Pegasus' company PRODUCES the game, and his deck was loaded with cards which didn't make it past playtesting. All the Rare Hunters were part of an international crime ring devoted to obtaining rare cards and would totally be terrorists today - and they were into forgeries.

Except Joey Wheeler.

Oh, and all those mid-tier professional players who are basically what people do now, they played long enough and had enough cash to build archetype or theme decks based on their preferred play style. But because it was an anime they were also part of the theme.
>>
>>53240537
*tips
>>
The Yugi starter deck was filled with all kinds of weak ass cards.
>>
File: MammothGraveyard-YGLD-EN-C-1E.jpg (128KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
MammothGraveyard-YGLD-EN-C-1E.jpg
128KB, 308x450px
>>53243502
Mammoth Graveyard support when?
>>
>>53243481
>Oh, and all those mid-tier professional players who are basically what people do now, they played long enough and had enough cash to build archetype or theme decks based on their preferred play style. But because it was an anime they were also part of the theme.
Exceot Joey Wheeler, the only character throughout the series that never developed a theme.

His entire deck consisted of mismatched trash from the possibly 3 boosters pack he ever bought because he was just a regular poor kid much like the players in the real world.

Also you are right, the professionals are much like modern yugioh with specialized decks.
>>
>>53243534
Mammoth Graveyard + Living Arrow + Polymerization will ruin your opponent's biggest monster.
>>
>>53243545
>that never developed a theme.
His theme was gambling and luck based with a Warrior/Beast-Warrior aimed arsenal. What are you smoking?
>>
>>53238794
Isn't there a monster that "can't be summoned in attack or defense mode"?
>>
>>53243502
Yeah but I have fond memories of those cards. Celtic Guardian, Silver Fang, Feral Imp and etc feel like classic monsters that are cool despite being useless
>>
>>53241237
Its legitimately number creep.
Magic was singles, pokemon had 10s, yugioh did 100s duel masters had 1000s
>>
>>53243774
I think there are cards that can only be set, but I cant remember any off the top of my head.
>>
>>53240294
More than most games I've ever played, Yu-Gi-Oh is very subject to power creep. Cohesive groups of cards made the game evolve in a good way, but everything had to one-up everything else (which is bad).

Another issue at play here is that booster/trade culture is now a very minor aspect of playing any game with the ability to easily shop online for singles having come into being. If you chill out and play casually, it's still a decent game, but as with other games, it changes as soon as anyone wants to take it seriously.
>>
>>53241237
>implying
>>
File: 1401504578095.png (486KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1401504578095.png
486KB, 1024x640px
Anybody remember when we made all of those Celtic Guardian decks? Good times.
>>
File: 1422720012999.jpg (71KB, 370x472px) Image search: [Google]
1422720012999.jpg
71KB, 370x472px
>>53240537
>>53241275
there is an OTK combo around Shapesnatch
your argument is invalid
>>
>>53238267
>Playing cards for strategy or effect
>Not playing the cards with the coolest dudes on them
>>
>>53244953
Good old Blue-Eyes was actually meta last year, because of all the support it got.
>>
File: destroyer.jpg (34KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
destroyer.jpg
34KB, 307x450px
>>53242866
You do know that yugioh has evolved passed its first 5 sets right?
>>
File: SpellbookofGaldrabok-COTD-JP-SR.png (943KB, 498x728px) Image search: [Google]
SpellbookofGaldrabok-COTD-JP-SR.png
943KB, 498x728px
>>53244999
>prophecy
Why are Blue Boy and his books still alive, when the Dragon Rulers got completely slaughtered by the banlist?
They even got new support in the latest OCG pack.
>>
>>53244999
I hate how Yugioh has been trying to make a lot of its newer card art and even some of its gameplay strategy like MTG. Anyone who still plays Yugioh obviously does so because of nostalgia or its unique charm, not out of it being a legitimate challenger to MTG in serious card gameplay. YGO should keep its cartoony art and just try to be less broken if it wants to sell the most to the market that actually gives a shit about it (beyond little kids who don't care either way). All too often games and franchises that have an acceptable niche ruin it by trying to be something that they're not.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (736KB, 3888x2592px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
736KB, 3888x2592px
>>53243534
>Mammoth
>Dinosaur
>>
>>53240609
this card is excellent in arena though
>>
File: unimpressed aqua.jpg (39KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
unimpressed aqua.jpg
39KB, 640x360px
>>53244151
>atk 920
>def 1930

???
>>
File: smug.jpg (3KB, 113x125px) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
3KB, 113x125px
>>53238267
This guy was the shit in dungeon dice monsters.
I'd give anything to have that game back and play it with other people.
>>
>>53242866
Have you ever heard of Joshua Schmidt and Billy Brake?

They're well known for being in the final 2 YCSes in Europe in a row. How can Yugioh be so simplistic if the same 2 players verse each other two finals in a row?
>>
File: mirror force.jpg (782KB, 1086x1676px) Image search: [Google]
mirror force.jpg
782KB, 1086x1676px
>>53243401
Except there's like 4 better variants of it and the fact that the only good traps are things that prevent things from happening in the first place, battle phase traps ain't worth shit anymore.
>>
>>53245131
Konami either sells pure meta stuff or makes special sets to pander to nostalgic morons that think the best era of the game was fucking vanillas smashing into each other, god I hate you people and that's coming from a petdeck shitter that tries to make garbage like Digital Bugs work.
>>
File: 67b2efbb9c.jpg (39KB, 620x450px) Image search: [Google]
67b2efbb9c.jpg
39KB, 620x450px
>>53238267
>He doesn't use effect monsters
>>
>>53246019
Storming sees regular play, because if it goes off then your opponent has to blow resources setting up again.
>>
>>53245131
I hate people who talk out their ass about a community they only know from shit posts
>>
>>53243741
He has a theme in a very loose sense, especially in comparison to the other main characters. His 'theme' being as prevalent as the other chars would make him more like the obligatory gambling-themed minor villain that shows up once an arc, whereas his actual luck cards and big monsters rarely have any sort of major synergy.
>>
>>53249438
His gambling style was inherited by his dad from the original series. That guy was always drunk, and in massive gambling debt.

Joey's style of play is Warriors and Beast-Warriors, because he's a fighter. His employment of gambling cards is related to his backstory. You know, it's like his deck is a reflection of who he is as a person, just like the "more themed" characters.
>>
>>53239314
you can summon this as long as you have the dagger out already, right?
>>
>>53249689
I wasn't saying he didn't have a theme, or that it wasn't related to his character, just that it's not as apparent or 'mechanically' relevant compared to a lot of others.
>>
>>53249910
The dagger is banned, that's the joke you retard. Laugh.
>>
>>53249689
>>53249438
>>53249952
>>53243741
You all have autism. He has no fucking theme, stop going Evangelion tiers of 2deep4u over it.

The red eyes black dragon has no synchrony with any of his others cards. It's just a "kek it's my rarest card so I put it in the deck lol"
Time magician is a shit card, and it plus the dice cards are his only gambling cards on the deck.
The rest of his deck is literally fighters and normal monsters with no abilities.
He also has that fusion card from which he can make his 1200ATK monster into a 1600 ATK monster (lmao)

Joey was trash and he had no theme, prove me wrong.
>>
>>53250023
Eh he almost beat the big bad of the second arc; he ain't the best there ever was but he isn't trash. Also he has Jinzo. Everyone loves Jinzo
In terms of theme I'd agree that Joey doesn't have a single overarching one; he has a few smaller themes present (gambling, warriors, ect) but nothing that defines his deck.

>>53249689
However this guy is more or less spot on; there are ideas behind his cards which are supposed to be symbolic.
>>
>>53250125
Prove the symbolism of the Red Eyes and Jinzo then.

Two cards he stole from other people because he is a thief.
>>
>>53250023
Nobody said he has any sense of building a cohesive deck. But there are obviously deliberate choices in how his deck was put together by the series creator, as noted here >>53249689

Red-Eyes is obviously just there to draw a line between him and Kaiba. It also mattered because he was going to need a big monster during the first arc, when tributes didn't matter, but playing something too big for the other person to deal with was a factor.

>are his only gambling cards on the deck
You forgot Roulette Spider and Fairy Box, at least.

>literally fighters and no normal monsters with no abilities
Except that he eventually dug into a few cards that actually have effects, like Panther Warrior. Plus all of the other rares that he snatched up from other people during Battle City (though, what was he gonna do with Legendary Fisherman?)

>He also has that fusion card from which he can make his 1200ATK monster into a 1600 ATK monster
This one's where you really show that you don't know what you're talking about. He errs in trying to summon Giltia the D. Knight during the pre-Battle City arc, and Flame Swordsman was a signature card of his with 1800 points (even if it's not an especially good monster outside of Duelist Kingdom).
>>
>>53250125
>>53250023

I'd say Joey did have a theme - because you can see some continuity in his deck building it's just way more broad than most other decks - he has certain types of cards he has an affinity for, just not to such a focused spec as other people on a specific archetype or type of card.
>>
>>53244981
>>53244407
context pls
>>
>>53250385
Here's one.
NS an Effect Monster, preferably one of the Blue-Eyes tuners. In a pinch, anything can work.
Send Sage from your hand and the Effect Monster you summoned to the graveyard, for instant BEWD.
The archetype didn't quite reach the top, but it was definitely a force to be reckoned with.
>>
>>53250465
How do you protect and constantly revive the legendary blue eyes white dragon after the initial 3000 damage directly to the enemy's life points?

I mean obviously the blue eyes after that surprise attack is as good as dead to any given deck. How do you continue your attack after that point?
>>
>>53250385
special summon 1 shapesnatch
activate inferno reckless summon
now you have 3 shapesnatch
Use delta attack force
equip one wit the star annulet (I don't remember the actual name) or united we stand
remove their limit and attack for game

it is a better deck that it might look

or do this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4g7yARC5rg
>>
>>53250553
In modern Blue-Eyes, you don't usually stop at one dragon. You make as many as you can as fast as you can, and sometimes you even fuse and get the dragons moving back to your hand or field from the Graveyard.

It's probably the most straightforward way to play dragons these days, because the goal is brute power more than anything else.
>>
>>53250980
In this strategy he already used 2 cards out of 5 though, and just to summon one >>53250465

The tuner that died possibly have an ability to summon more or what? Is it a one turn kill strategy? Doesn't look like you would have trap cards or magic cards to assist your monsters with a blue eyes deck
>>
>>53239355
Hey, it can be searched by Mystic Tomato and give you a L5 on the field for whatever reason you might need one.
>>
>>53251044
There are more tuners and tricks. Watch some of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm0rDu6qrtU
>>
>>53245131
I too hate things that aren't happening.
>>
>>53245131
Good to see that people post about things that they aren't actually familiar with.

>try to be less broken
That shit ain't happening, we're in too deep.
The only way I could see this happening is if the game had a hard reset. What could possibly justify that? Not much. Not really anything. Maybe one thing.
What if we move to hologram-based card games, and we had to print more durable cards with chips that could be read by patented duel tech? Then you'd have to start the printing process all over, meaning that you'd have a clean slate to balance the game.
>>
File: blaster.gif (2MB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
blaster.gif
2MB, 408x408px
>>53245099
Pretty sure that it's because the D R A G O N S by nature have to be killed all at once or never.

The spellbooks get a lot less potent with the loss of Judgment.
>>
>>53243774
Funny thing is, you can't summon monsters in defense mode to begin with.
>>
>>53250023
>joey was trash, prove me wrong
He managed to psyche out a professional lawyer and has high placement in worldwide tournaments that he won legitimately.
Also Thousand Dragon is 2000-something, not 16, which was semi-major for the opening on top of Time Wizard's effect doing whatever the fuck it wanted back then
Plus a decent chunk of his monsters aren't just no abilities, I know he had rocket warrior and a few others.
>>53250176
He won Jinzo through actual tourney rules. Can't remember if Red Eyes was an agreement he made with Rex or not though.
>>
>>53250176
>because he is a thief
He won them
>>53251497
I think rex tried to screw Joey over during their DK duel and upped the stakes mid game.
>>
>>53251532
Yeah Rex wanted Time Wizard so Joey bet that against Rex's Red Eyes.
>>
>>53251532
>>53251497
Rex sees an opportunity to get his hands on Time Wizard, which could be used to defeat Mai, and staked his rarest card.

When his supposed boss monster goes down, he reveals Serpent Knight Dragon, and then when that fails he goes even harder with Red-Eyes Black Dragon. Then he regrets at the end of the game that because Joey saw his Red-Eyes, that he would lose his best card and secret weapon.
>>
>>53251532
>>53251497

Yeah, Rex made a bet part way through the match which was basically the Battle City rules - he wanted Time Wizard and bet the rarest monster in his deck which was Red-Eyes. Because Dinosaur types suck butts and have always sucked butts so he needed Dragons.
>>
>>53251532
That's what I'd thought. And regardless it's decent poetry, Joey being a scrappy underdog with garbage cards having the opposite of yugi's OTHER rival, the rich nigga who can practically print anything that's not a mcguffin
>>
>>53251681
Dinos aren't as bad anymore.

When he had field advantage, Rex was almost a good duelist. His problem is that he's all force and no tactics.
>>
>>53251681
dinos are good you cuck
>>
>>53251754
rex pls
>>
>>53251708

I mean, on paper Rex IS a good duelist. He was runner up at a National tournament and lost to Roba in Battle City (which hardly counts because Roba was cheating).

But yeah, he's stubborn, aggressive and petty - probably because he's still a kid. A lot of the early DM pro players look like they're in high school or lower.
>>
>>53251705

Which is in turn counterpointed by the antagonists who often could literally print what they needed.
>>
>>53251821
At this point, portable dueling wasn't a thing. It only makes sense that a lot a pros of a game are going to be either young or old guys who have been playing it forever. And the old guys like Solomon obviously don't want any spotlight, they just want to chill out in their age.
>>
>>53251761
>couldn't even beat Weevil
is rex the worst player in the series
>>
>>53251859
>chill out in their age
the first thing Solomon did when put in front of a TV was try to shill his game shop
>>
>>53251863
No, Bonz is. He literally needed Bandit Keith's help to upgrade his deck and hold his hand through a duel in order to have a chance at beating Joey, and he still lost.

If not him, then Serenity or Mokuba.

>>53251893
Yeah, but I meant more like staying out of the active roles. He'd rather enjoy games as his life, having been a life-long passion, from a more passive position.
>>
>>53251914
>>53251893

He also probably didn't have a good pension plan as an... archaeologist? A man has to eat. And buy cards. He has a grandson to support too.
>>
>>53251957
Yugi's parents exist, supposedly. At the very least, his mother was in the original series for like, a page or two.
>>
File: CyberCommander-V6-JP-C.jpg (44KB, 410x600px) Image search: [Google]
CyberCommander-V6-JP-C.jpg
44KB, 410x600px
>>53251914

I'd also like to submit for consideration Tristan - his signature card was Cyber Commander.
>>
>>53251992
Tristan proved himself to be less terrible than other players of the game during the anime filler arc.
>>
>>53251914
I can't give bonz shit because he's just a creepy twelve year old, but fair enough
>>53251957
What the hell is yugi's family life, his mother exists but she's like never brought up and he presumably just lives with his grandpa
>>
>>53252058
Yugi and his family seem to live in the upstairs of the game shop. Given that this is a/n manga/anime though, parents don't mean jack shit, and are often shoved out of the way or forgotten. Solomon has a place in the plot, and he acts more as a mentor figure otherwise, so he gets to be shown.
>>
File: WindEffigy-PTDN-EN-C-1E.png (502KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
WindEffigy-PTDN-EN-C-1E.png
502KB, 400x580px
Why did no one post this yet?
>>
>>53252150
>Level 4 with 1800 ATK
>low DEF
>WIND/Winged-Beast

Its effect may not be generally very good, but this card was still decent at a time in the game, and still synergizes with some really obnoxious WIND-related cards.

It's a Level 4 beater you can normal summon, so it could be worse.
>>
>>53252150
It was intended to work with this. It's still outclassed by whirlwind prodigy, but whatever.
>>
Everyone, quick. Describe your sex life with a Yu Gi Oh card
>>
File: little d.jpg (19KB, 200x293px) Image search: [Google]
little d.jpg
19KB, 200x293px
>>53252695
>>
>>53249967

she's not useless for her artwork alone, at least.
>>
File: Fairy-Queen-Titania.png (281KB, 333x493px) Image search: [Google]
Fairy-Queen-Titania.png
281KB, 333x493px
>>53252695
>>
>>53253711

I don't follow, dubsman.
>>
When are we getting a Gagagigo anime?
>>
File: LadyofD-GAOV-EN-C-1E.png (472KB, 400x586px) Image search: [Google]
LadyofD-GAOV-EN-C-1E.png
472KB, 400x586px
>>53252695
>>
>>53242773
>I miss when Yugioh was simple before all of this "card effect draw summon synchrofuse swing levelup pendulum synchro to activate card effect to summon synchro then pendulum level up the synchro xyz and swing to pendulum to summon synchro level pendulum okay i attack you for a total of 9800 lifepoints good game round 2?"
>I used my old deck that used to kick a lot of ass against a buddy of mine's that was all post-2016 cards. I got defeated on his second turn every time because of all the stupid pendulum, swinging, synchro, whatever bullshit the decks have now.
agreed, ideally a game of Yugioh should take at least 4-5 turns to play out fully, and only then if one of the players is having really bad luck on the draw

ideal time for the game was early GX era
>>
>>53254211
GX I what killed yugioh with the archetype bullshit, retard.
>>
>>53254211
Yeah, now technically you can play solo with synchros, XYZ and all that shit stuff.

A ritual summon was an awesome move before the invasion of all that crap.
>>
>>53254522
Ritual summoning is still viable, what are you on about?

>he talks about things he doesn't know shit about
Ritual summoning has a lot of support.
>>
>>53254522
Ritual Summoning has had a minor comeback.
>>
>>53254522
Ritual summons were shit during GX. You need 2 cards and monsters to tribute. Even if you open Manju and are able to search one of the cards, you still end up going -2/3.
>>
>>53243344
I can't remember if anyone had the other two, but Black Hole was annoyingly commonplace. Anyway, we were just dumb kids. We saw a high ATK and started shitting bricks, that's just how it was.

>>53244016
I can't think of a single TCG that doesn't have the problems that Yugioh does with power creep. I'd argue that Pokemon has it the worst of all, but that's another story.

I also partly blame the rise of the internet. As you said, picking up that single you need has become so much easier. It's also become incredibly easy to find out what the meta is. Before you had to try things out for yourself, but now online discussions and guides are a dime and a dozen. This whole thread is proof of that.
>>
>>53255498
>We saw a high ATK and started shitting bricks
The fuck? Trap hole was in every fucking deck.
>>
>>53242773
Yu-Gi-Oh was never anything else, you were just bad and/or playing with bads
>>
>>53251380
Incorrect, there is such a thing as "Special Summon in Defense Position". Normal Summon in Defense Position might also be a thing if it's from an effect.
>>
>>53242773
implying playing against goat control was any better. You are always going to lose against people who actually know what they are doing anon.
>>
>>53255498
this card came with the starter Yugi deck
>>53240448
Was used to deal with tribute summons. also you had man eater bug, trap holes, black holes, ragekis, and I'm sure I'm forgetting more.

You had to reason to fear any high ATK monster because there was little to no means of protection back then. Every monster died in a turn and the player that ran out of ways to destroy the enemy monster wins.
>>
>>53255498
>I also partly blame the rise of the internet.
It wasn't a factor that ruined my childhood experiences. I started playing with 2 other friends in 2006-07 (we were 13) and we had internet access. We checked yugioh wikia for rulings and other stuff, but essentially we were clueless to the metagame and the 'pro' perspectives. We didn't even use the word meta, nor did we know what it was. I don't even think I ever considered the fact that people played this in a better way than us. We'd just gather around the supermarket's vending machine and wait for the dude to fill it up so we could empty it with our lunch quarters. Sometimes he'd even sneak a free pack for each of us, God bless that man.
Anyway our only reference was the show and gba games we played. The internet is only a factor if you're already deep in it before you first try a game.
>>
File: BeaverWarrior-DB1-EN-C-UE.png (444KB, 358x520px) Image search: [Google]
BeaverWarrior-DB1-EN-C-UE.png
444KB, 358x520px
>>53252695
>>
>>53242866
Ye, in mtg weird, weak cards show up from time to time, depending on situation. Like slash panther in vintage some time ago or lantern and bauble in modern.
>>
File: Old yugioh took skill!.png (301KB, 300x441px) Image search: [Google]
Old yugioh took skill!.png
301KB, 300x441px
>>53254522
Can we just start ignoring these nostalgia fags, they ruin threads.

>>53254211
Game has been crazy special summon monsters since IOC retard, go back to the kitchen table please.
>>
File: Aitsu.jpg (51KB, 280x412px) Image search: [Google]
Aitsu.jpg
51KB, 280x412px
>>
File: Soitsu.png (271KB, 300x435px) Image search: [Google]
Soitsu.png
271KB, 300x435px
>>
>>53256130
If you didn't at least have access to a rule book, then your anecdote isn't useful here, friend.
>>
File: koitsu.png (471KB, 356x520px) Image search: [Google]
koitsu.png
471KB, 356x520px
>>53258415
*blocks your path*
>>
Was Elemental Heroes ever good or just a meme deck? I used to play that all the time and crush my buddies but we were bad
>>
>>53245156
beats 900 hp
loses to 1950 attk

whjat don;t you get?
>>
>>53259332
Elemental Hero are always high tier 3/low tier 2, because of Dark Law.
>>
>>53245131
But anon that card has the best art I've ever seen on a Yugioh card.
>>
File: MaskedHERODarkLaw-SDHS-EN-SR-1E.png (2MB, 700x1038px) Image search: [Google]
MaskedHERODarkLaw-SDHS-EN-SR-1E.png
2MB, 700x1038px
>>53259332
HEROes are probably the second largest archetype, next to Numbers.
They're still holding on, but most decks now focus on bringing out this bad boy and basically just fucking with the opponent by running a ton of traps and disruption.
>>
I want /dng/ to leave
>>
>>53245145
Dinosaur tribe is just called something like "ancient monster" in Japan
>>
>>53259559
According to google and japanese wikipedia, "恐竜" means dinosaur.
>>
>>53241153
Same, you needed to get out the card that lowered your water dudes by a star right?
>>
File: CosmoQueen.jpg (99KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
CosmoQueen.jpg
99KB, 307x450px
Bumping with more useless cards.
>>
>>53239314
Holy shit. No clue that this was a card, konami fucking sucks.
>>
>>53263044
>dark
>spellcaster
>good atk for a normal monster
>can be used for rank 8 shenanigans
Might be funny to throw into a Dark Magician deck.
There's no such thing as a completely useless card.
>>
>>53263281
>>53263044
Can confirm, I have actually seen Cosmo Queen in a Dark Magician deck before.
>>
>>53263044
The strongest spellcaster... In terms of attack and defense.
>>
>>53240537
Based Rank10 knows exactly how full of it you are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WflcNzMxJt0
>>
>>53244981
God i remember as a kid having that card and feeling like an unbestable god, then some faggot beat me up and took it and my Dark Magician. Memories.
>>
>>53257862

The game only got fun when they actually started designing real usable archetypes instead of worthless bullshit like Archfiends or Fusion Ritche
>>
Do they even print cards with flavor text anymore?
>>
>>53264291
Most of the Star Grails and Metalfoes have flavor text, as well as Qliphort Scout and Qliphort Monolith.
>>
>>53264291
Normal monsters get printed sometimes still.

There are also a handful of cards that designate non-effect monsters now.
>>
>normal monsters
>useless
do you even underdog exodia?
>>
>>53264291
This guy's from the latest booster pack, and he has his own field spell, two equip spells, and two traps.
>>
File: 375713.jpg (40KB, 313x450px) Image search: [Google]
375713.jpg
40KB, 313x450px
>>53264291
yeah sometimes, but there aren't many
>>
>>53263281
Totally useless may not exist but strictly worse is a thing.
>>
>>53264526
>Wyrm
That a new monster type? Why not Dragon or Sea Serpent?
>>53264553
>Level 4 1800 ATK 1800 DEF
NUMERICAL POWERCREEP REEEEEEE
>>
>>53265012

Welcome to a decade ago
>>
>>53265012
We've literally had stronger level 4 monsters in ATK or DEF power since the beginning days of the game. And most cards don't give a fuck to bother defending anymore.

Konami has a tendency to make new monster types, give them some cards, then mostly forget about them. See also: Psychics
>>
>>53264526
Something I kinda like about Konamis design is they can make literally any archetype good with enough support

They can make a vanilla level 10 monster with 0 attack and defense but if that fucker gets enough spells, traps, and support you can see a tier 1 deck run 3
>>
>>53239314
this was banned for a reason?
>>
>>53239355
Why does the girl puppet head have a black eye?
>>
File: FrightfurArchetype.png (863KB, 622x622px) Image search: [Google]
FrightfurArchetype.png
863KB, 622x622px
Frightfur master race
>>
>>53265112
No. Butterfly Dagger Elma was banned because of a loop with Royal Magical Library and Gearfried the Iron Knight. It would allow you to get infinite Spell Counters and draw your entire deck, which would include Exodia.
>>
>>53265229
also worked with magical marionette instead of library for a monster with infinite attack that can destroy an infinite number of monsters by removing some of its infinite spell counters.
>>
>>53258926
but I did and so did my friends, so I guess my childhood story is useful according to your metrics
>>
>>53239314
This card is almost as useless for similar reasons.
>>
>>53242773
>tfw cyber dragon and ancient gear golem decks used to be so cool
>>
File: textforyugiohants.png (352KB, 309x450px) Image search: [Google]
textforyugiohants.png
352KB, 309x450px
Can you read it?
>>
>>53265931
Go fuck yourself, at least modern cyber dragon and AG stuff is usable on a petdeck level and has some form of inner cohesion and goals to work towards.
>>
>>53243740
I laffed
>>
>>53265917
wasn't Metamorphosis already banned when Neo Bubbleman came out?
>>
File: TrapHole-YS15-EU-C-1E (1).png (1MB, 679x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TrapHole-YS15-EU-C-1E (1).png
1MB, 679x1000px
>>53252695
>>
>>53263044
>cool flavor
>no abilities to match it
why
>>
File: Nopenguin-PRIO-EN-C-1E.jpg (134KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
Nopenguin-PRIO-EN-C-1E.jpg
134KB, 307x450px
I really wish penguins got more decent support. I remember when this card first came out, had so muh fun trolling people on DN.
>>
>>53266136
It came out first as a Mcdonalds promo, so just for collectors I guess.
>>
File: FlyingPenguin-MP1-NA-C-UE.jpg (193KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
FlyingPenguin-MP1-NA-C-UE.jpg
193KB, 400x580px
>>53266142
best penguin coming through
>>
>>53266180
pls no.
>>
>>53252695
>>
>>53259461
it's just weird considering almost every other monster has atk/def rounded up or down to hundreds
>>
>>53266430
It was a theme of zombies in early sets. I guess it was supposed to create a feeling of uneasiness
>>
>>53266461
I meant fiends. Zombies theme was 0 defence.
>>
Why are ygo cards so ugly?
>>
>>53240294
My brother and I didn't know the rules the first time we played when we were about 8, so we ended up playing it like a wargame where monster formations mattered.
>>
>>53265917
>>53266014
Not impossible to summon.
>>
File: TornadoDragon-MACR-EN-ScR-1E.jpg (296KB, 473x695px) Image search: [Google]
TornadoDragon-MACR-EN-ScR-1E.jpg
296KB, 473x695px
Who's ready for more OP generic cards?
>>
>>53240359
>>53240294
>>53266666
you can still do it, bros
>dump a tin full of random cards face-down on the table
>both players pick 40 cards at random
>they look at their decks and get a chance to swap up to 5 cards with the pile

I've been getting the most fun out of this. Decks aren't prepared, which means all your strategies must be improvised. You also can't predict your opponent's moves because all cards are disconnected. Pulling a good combo in these games is more rewarding than any competitive match you'll ever play.
For the best experience the card pile should be consist of mainly non-archetype cards, and if you do include archetypes, limit them to 3 or 4 max so a player doesn't end up with spells that don't affect anything in their Decks.
>>
>>53266805
At this point, is there anything the Rank 4 Toolbox can't do?
>>
>>53266883
disappear forever from yugioh
>>
File: rip.jpg (31KB, 724x107px) Image search: [Google]
rip.jpg
31KB, 724x107px
>>53266897
>>
You want useless? HERE'S useless.

Came in the Pegasus starter deck of all fucking things, which of course everyone had. Harpies Feather Duster, on the other hand, back in 2003, was only available from some Game Boy Advance game. Noone at School ever had one, and the LGS tournies I started attending like 8 months later didn't have any either. Literally just Heavy Storms until the Duster was reprinted.

So many school trades where multiple copies of Gryphon Wing would be jammed in alongside due to it's status as a shiny.
>>
File: GryphonWing-SDP-NA-SR-1E.jpg (85KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
GryphonWing-SDP-NA-SR-1E.jpg
85KB, 400x580px
>>53267076
well shit.
>>
Where are my fellow petdeck shitters at?
How are you trying to make your current project competitive?
I'm working with pure Kaijus right now, and having to rely on your opponent to actually summon things is awful. So far, I've thrown in the plant synchro engine and a few level 8-11 Synchro monsters and I'm getting moderate success.
>>
>>53268236
Not really a petdeck since its halfway competitive, but I'm working on my cyber herald deck atm. Debating whether to put in a full cyber angel engine (Vrash, Idaten, etc.), or just roll with benten+herald and a few random staples.
Also, fuck Konami for unbanning Imperial Order.
>>
>>53269544
>herald of perfection
I want to call you cancer, but I have no right to do that since I also have a PSY-Frame deck.
How consistent is your deck?
>>
>>53269653
Pretty consistent. Pre-prep and ritual sanctuary means I can get a turn 1 herald regularly. I can even OTK if I get the star seraph engine going.
>>
File: UnholyTrinitywip2.png (1MB, 1456x1092px) Image search: [Google]
UnholyTrinitywip2.png
1MB, 1456x1092px
>>53268236
>petdeck shitter
Right here, boss. Anti-Meta tribute Fiends that focuses on negating summons, negating effects with decent bursts of burn.

Focuses on a toolbox extra deck but utilizes old tribute monsters with monarch support. Utilizes a bunch of really old niche shit like Jinzo, Lava Golem, Necrofear, Dark Ruler Ha Des, Doomcaliber Knight, Giant Orc, Giant Germ.

Shits grabby as fuck.
>>
File: IMG_0265.png (267KB, 307x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0265.png
267KB, 307x450px
>>53239355
>i can show you the world
>>
>>53269809
>Lava Golem
Scumbag
>>
>>53269921
Hey now, with Lava Golem, you're taking a risk by giving your opponent a 3k beater.
Behold the Ra Egg.
Tons of people scoop the moment you replace their "unbreakable" board with this cute ball.
Being able to summon Ra is just a bonus.
>>
>>53239355
What the fuck is that "art"? Do they hire middleschoolers?
>>
>>53269868
That flavour text is adorable.
>>
>>53269987
This is the reason why Kaijus are so useful, too.
>>
>>53270045
Middle schoolers wouldn't have nearly that much color control.

The shapes are super basic, because the mage is a just a bunch of fucking toys slapped together, and it's supposed to look like it.
>>
>>53270045
Neck yourself you mouthbreathing sperg
>>
>>53270045
tbf that art is ancient.
>>
>>53270180
>>53270190
It's a deviantart tier shit and yet you defend it like a religious icon. Truly, yugioh players are retarded beyond salvation.
>>
>>53270245
Cry more fatso
>>
>>53268236
I like taking old meta decks that have been hit and building them. currently have tellars + cores for nekroz and shaddolls which i'm not sure what to do with
>>
File: RasDisciple-DRL3-EN-UR-1E.png (874KB, 475x695px) Image search: [Google]
RasDisciple-DRL3-EN-UR-1E.png
874KB, 475x695px
>>53268236
>Pure Kaijus
Hello
>>
>>53265127
Punch and judy
>>
File: FogKing-OP02-EN-UtR-UE.png (796KB, 544x800px) Image search: [Google]
FogKing-OP02-EN-UtR-UE.png
796KB, 544x800px
>>53270695
Hi there, may I join you?
>>
>>53271039
>Maju Garzett + Tribute Lock

Really good in old time gameplay. Also hoses a couple of modern decks.
>>
File: vrains-1.jpg (604KB, 1081x891px) Image search: [Google]
vrains-1.jpg
604KB, 1081x891px
>>53238267
>>
>>53269809
Dark Necrofear best waifu
>>
>>53255955
Special summons are not a Summon.
>>
this was a nice thread
>>
File: 14547447.jpg (551KB, 1500x800px) Image search: [Google]
14547447.jpg
551KB, 1500x800px
>>53268236
>petdeck shitter
>Elemental charmers + unpossessed + mask change II/magical dimension to sac the mind-controlled monster in response to a kill spell

Waifu petdeck is still a petdeck, right?
>>
>>53276840
speaking as someone who knows someone who runs a nurse/angel themed burn/bad reaction to simochi petdeck, I'd say it counts.

claiming Dharc out of the charmers btw
>>
>>53277871
it runs the usual gift card/simochi/reficule bullshit but it also includes Injection Fairy Lily and Hysteric fairy.
>>
>>53266909
not my nigga Exciton!
>>
File: IMG_0069.jpg (255KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0069.jpg
255KB, 1062x1500px
>>53277871
You can have him. I'll just sit here with objectively best charmer. Pic related.
>>
>played yugioh competitively back when Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem and teledad were things
>left to play Magic
>can barely understand what the hell happened
Jesus, I hear lightsworns are fringe playable still, but what about dark world? Can I still wave motion people? Is FINAL a thing?
>>
>>53278635
Lightsworn spam is basically dredge in MTG. If you don't have dedicated GY hate it can just wreck you, especially with the synchro that shuffles all the lightsworn monsters back into your deck and recovers 500 LP per card. So you can regain like 6k in a single turn and that's still kinda hard to deal with.

Dark world is ded because too many things "send" to the graveyard instead of discard.

Wave motion cannon and destiny board are super fragile to backrow destruction and there's shittons.
>>
>>53278635
>but what about dark world?
Dark World hasn't been good since card destruction was banned.
>>
Anyone here use ygopro?
>>
>>53280465
I do it is useful for testing cards
>>
File: Clipboard01.png?ssl=1.png (2MB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard01.png?ssl=1.png
2MB, 900x1200px
LEAKS

Varrel Lord Dragon
LINK-4 DARK Dragon-Type Link Effect Monster
ATK 3000
Link: 4
Links: Left, Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
3> Effect Monsters
(1) This card cannot be targeted by monster effects.
(2) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; that monster loses 500 ATK and DEF. Your opponent cannot activate the effects of cards in response to this effect’s activation.
(3) During the beginning of a damage step in which this card attacks an opponent’s monster: Gain cntrol of that opponent’s monster, placing it at one of this card’s Link Points, but that monster is sent to the Graveyard during the next turn’s End Phase.
>>
>>53283770
>left, right, bottom left, bottom right
So no matter where you place it, it's going to have at least one useless link point
>3000 atk link-4 for 3+ effect monsters
Seems okay.
>can debuff
Okay as well.

>can steal opponent's monsters
Now this is disgusting.
It even automatically sends to the Grave.
Who thought this would be okay?
>>
>>53284464
It really depends on how it easy it is to summon. If it's too hard to summon, it won't see much play.

Anyway, for leaks
https://ygorganization.com/vjmp-circuit-break/
https://ygorganization.com/soroidshavetheirownautobotcity/
https://ygorganization.com/ifirstreadthatasvilanhydra/
https://ygorganization.com/letsencodebeforewedecode/
>>
>>53238794

You misunderstand. When a card is "useless" in CCG terms that means that nobody would ever have a legitimate reason to play it over any other card, not that it literally lacks in-game functionality. I'm not going to go search but I'd bet anything that there is a three star dark zombie out there that is better than this is every possible scenario, meaning this card has no actual purpose aside from being a pack filler and maybe ending up in a deck either as a joke or because someone doesn't know any better.
>>
File: UniZombie-OP03-EN-C-UE.png (2MB, 670x990px) Image search: [Google]
UniZombie-OP03-EN-C-UE.png
2MB, 670x990px
>>53284605
All Normal Level 3 Dark Zombies are bad because they're Normal monsters.

The best Level 3 Dark Zombie is Uni-Zombie.
>>
File: 1483109287339.png (152KB, 819x525px) Image search: [Google]
1483109287339.png
152KB, 819x525px
>>53276840
>mfw I first saw Familiar-Possessed Eria
>mfw every time I managed to combo her with Wicked-Breaking Flamberge Baou
>>
>>53266130

Funniest wordless reply I've seen in months, thank you.

>>53266136

That basically summarizes normal monsters in a nutshell. So many cards oozing with flavor that are just bland piles of (usually terrible) numbers.
>>
>>53280465
>tfw you can't beat devbot
>>
>>53238267
You could use it as tribute? That's a use.
>>
ahh yugioh, where even the starter decks can one turn kill you
>>
>>53238267
>one card being useless
try entire archs being pointless

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2q7XCi3CmHs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
>>
>>53287366
It's not a COMPLETE failure.
Honest Neos helps me keep Dark Law from being run over by big beaters that aren't The Lightning, while Grand Mole works as a spicy salt-inducing tech in my pure Kaiju deck.
>>
Larva Moth
>>
>>53284678
>equipping a spellcaster with XBOXHUEG swords
>not using malevolent nuzzler for a 2550 ATK piercer with more sex appeal than she knows what to do with.
Literally plebeian tier
>>
>>53286897
The Problem with yugioh is that it wasn't build to be a fair card game
It is build around drama.
More specifically manga/anime drama

So it couldn't have keywords like MtG because that would mean new monsters couldn't pull absolute bullshit out of their ass and come in with new abilities.
It also couldn't be a fair balanced slow victory because its all about huge combos and incredibly bullshit comebacks.

That is why the game devolved into incredibly short duels with monsters with incredibly long card effects.
>>
>>53288216
You're mostly right, except for keywords.

Piercing literally became a keyword, for one thing. It's the shorthand for "when this monster with attacks with attack points higher than an opponent's defense position monster's defense points, deal the rest to your opponent as damage." You know, like trample. In addition to this, the act of picking up cards from the top of your deck to check for something among them is now called excavating.

Secondly, keywords don't prevent new effects and mechanics from existing as evidenced by Magic the Gathering, the very game you used as an example. Plenty of cards do interesting things with keywords, and some of them even do unique things.
>>
>>53288593
How unique are these card effects in magic if they are based on keywords?

Also is posting pictures down? I was going to attach parasite parcide to my post.
>>
>>53288640
They don't always keyword abilities. If post an example but I'm also having an issue with uploading pics.
>>
>>53288851
Give me the card name I google it. I am really interested in magic now that yugioh is completely shitting itself.
>>
>>53288880
Chancellor of the Annex
Thragtusk
Siege Rihno
Jin gitaxis core augur
Grave titan
Consecrated sphinx
>>
>>53288979
Really interesting. Effect wise they seem to be structured like yugioh effects and they read like yugioh cards.
>>
>>53287799
>>53287799
>aborting a perfectly ultimate great moth to summon it
>actually sacrificing a cocoon of evolution (which is a better card in and of itself; at least it has 2000 def) to ss it
who decided this was a good idea
>>
>>53289063
We are not so different, you and I.
>>
>>53289085
Is your card game also becoming a side game to a smartphone version of itself?
>>
>>53287450
true some of them can be useful, but if they took that attitude of be good or useful to all the cards ,and not just be massive gimmicks, then this idea could be fun. not top tier but enjoyable to play. you know like just ,tweak their effects, have cards that get neos out faster, add in more nexs cards, have neo space be protection not life support, and get rid of a few pointless cards by making them into effects or a combo spell or trap card
>>
File: 1c6.jpg (125KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
1c6.jpg
125KB, 400x580px
>>53252695
>>
File: IceBeastZerofyne-LTGY-EN-R-1E.png (384KB, 386x571px) Image search: [Google]
IceBeastZerofyne-LTGY-EN-R-1E.png
384KB, 386x571px
>>53280465
>play against harpie ai
>it drops this
This shit is unlimited. How is this a fair card?
>>
>>53290854
It's not generic, isn't a quick effect. So it's really only good on your turn when you want to negate multiple cards, mostly ran at 1.
>>
>>53290973
I just get so annoyed by these rank 4s. Harpies are especially annoying with them.
>set hysteric sign
>destroy with mst or harpie's hunting ground
>get three fucking monsters from the deck
>activate mist valley field
>summon harpie channeler
>special summon harpie dancer from the deck
>bounce it back to the hand
>summon another monster from the deck
And then after they've summoned a shit ton of rank 4s, and detached all the harpies, they drop hysteric party on your ass. And this isn't even a top tier deck for christ's sake.
>>
File: FakeTrap-MRD-EN-R-UE.png (352KB, 325x473px) Image search: [Google]
FakeTrap-MRD-EN-R-UE.png
352KB, 325x473px
>>53252695
>>
File: GB Deck Profile.png (1MB, 856x773px) Image search: [Google]
GB Deck Profile.png
1MB, 856x773px
>>53268236
outdated pic
>>
File: wicked worm beast.jpg (196KB, 400x571px) Image search: [Google]
wicked worm beast.jpg
196KB, 400x571px
>>53291264
harpies are the worst IMO,

>hey, people used to like this one archetype that we shit on for years, lets give them some support finally

>but wouldn't it be great if the support we gave them really only turned them into a r4nk spam engine?

Goddamn magnet warriors got a whole fucking new set!

We better get a link upgrade of Harpie Sisters or else what the fuck has this all been about?
>>
>>53291264
dark hole

boom, wasted resources
>>
>>53291708

Is he supposed to have a beard?
>>
>>53291928
What do you mean by he? That card is a worm.
>>
>>53292102
The human thing it's attached to.
>>
>>53292178
Post it on 3D. I can't tell from that perspective if he is a human, he clearly has an oversized brain for a human.
>>
>>53292280
Say what?
>>
>>53291771
Then they activate hysteric party, SS 5 harpies and rape your ass. Don't forget that they also just discarded hysteric sign to activate it, so they get 3 free cards on top of that.
>>
>>53292370
The yugioh games have 3D models of every card. Look that nigga up and post him here.
>>
>>53292434
I stopped following and playing Yugioh in the 00s. I have no clue what 'games' you're talking about.
>>
>>53292473

>I stopped following and playing Yugioh in the 00s
Good thing the game I was talking about came out in 1999 then
>>
>>53292528
That still leaves me not knowing what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>53292538
Google up the definition of game then. I dunno.
>>
File: wef.jpg (169KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
wef.jpg
169KB, 1000x800px
>>53242817
I always thought that Penguin Soldier's shoulder pads were hamburgers when I was a kid.
>>
File: TheWickedWormBeast-DOR-EN-VG-NC.png (238KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
TheWickedWormBeast-DOR-EN-VG-NC.png
238KB, 448x336px
>>53292280
Not him, but here.
>>
>>53292637
Dang, looked like a generic zombie to me but he is pretty badass. I'm gonna homebrew him into my campaign as an enemy now. Thanks OP.
>>
File: 1472922573900.jpg (20KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
1472922573900.jpg
20KB, 210x240px
>watch the first two episodes of VRAINS
>It explains nothing about link dueling
>>
File: 14918288299.jpg (656KB, 2000x1408px) Image search: [Google]
14918288299.jpg
656KB, 2000x1408px
>>53292667
First you homebrew cards into your campaign, next thing you know you're doing a full-on Terminal World campaign.
>>
>>53293031
Why's this bitch drooling?
>>
>>53293120
She's an M.
>>
File: received_10157574468670232.jpg (59KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
received_10157574468670232.jpg
59KB, 1280x720px
>>53238267
At least he wasn't total shit in Dungeon Dice Monsters
>>
File: pointlaff.jpg (17KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
pointlaff.jpg
17KB, 425x282px
>>53241892
the one kid at school with no friends detected.
>>
>>53293745
There was a time. During my Freshman year of high school, all my friends were Juniors and Seniors, so during my Junior and Senior years I literally had no friends.
>>
>>53242773
This is an amazing description for the state of the game today.
>>
>>53242773
wtf i hate ygo now
>>
>>53243534
Never
>>
File: yugio.jpg (1MB, 878x1261px) Image search: [Google]
yugio.jpg
1MB, 878x1261px
Do you even bootleg tho?
>>
>>53294144
I do, I bought a bunch of bootlegs unknowingly a while back. They weren't as bad as that, only looking a little off, and were in packs anyway.
>>
>>53245146
No, it isn't.
>>
File: 0005029733_10.jpg (95KB, 541x775px) Image search: [Google]
0005029733_10.jpg
95KB, 541x775px
>>53294144
>pic doesn't include the ultimate monster
Do you even destroying at minute?
>>
>>53242773
Nah, old yugioh was shit.
>>
>>53241275
There is always a way you can incorporate a card, albeit not uniquely. If every card could only be used one way this game would get boring quick.
>>
>>53294236
That's nothing
>>
>>53294302
>>53294236
kek
>>
File: Fusionist-MRL-EU-R-UE.jpg (67KB, 400x580px) Image search: [Google]
Fusionist-MRL-EU-R-UE.jpg
67KB, 400x580px
There's been a lot of good submissions but I think that this is the most objectively useless Yugioh card.

>3 for 1's yourself
>requires you to play other shitty cards
>literally hundreds of strictly better cards available.
>>
>>53294520
>3-star 900/700 fusion
for what purpose
You can just summon 4-stars that will btfo this dude. Is there no catch here? Like a synergy card or something?
>>
File: InstantFusion-OP04-EN-UtR-UE.png (667KB, 458x670px) Image search: [Google]
InstantFusion-OP04-EN-UtR-UE.png
667KB, 458x670px
>>53294520
Actually saw play because it's a Level 3 EARTH Beast that can be summoned with Instant Fusion.
>>
File: 41q2ZHxSUKL._SX300_.jpg (10KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
41q2ZHxSUKL._SX300_.jpg
10KB, 300x200px
>>53253855
>fairy
>queen

it's not hard, anon. You're overthinking it.
>>
>>53294696
What did they combo this with?
>>
File: RareFish-OP03-EN-SP-UE.png (2MB, 675x996px) Image search: [Google]
RareFish-OP03-EN-SP-UE.png
2MB, 675x996px
>>53295450
Synchro/Xyz trash.

>>53294520
>>
>>53294520
Can be used for M-X Saber Invoker, Meliae of the Trees, Leviair the Sea Dragon, or any other generic Rank 3.

>>53295616
Better than Fusionist, but it's a much shittier Norden. Can still be used for Bahamut Shark or anything from the Rank 4 toolbox.
>>
File: 1479188798045.jpg (107KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
1479188798045.jpg
107KB, 400x266px
>>53243545
>His entire deck consisted of mismatched trash from the possibly 3 boosters pack he ever bought because he was just a regular poor kid much like the players in the real world.
kek
>>
>>53265012
Konami got trauma from dragon rulers so they made a new type
>>
>>53238267
Have a list
https://youtu.be/gR93CcWTuA8?t=10
>>
>>53298102
My fucking god, I really want to punch him.
>>
File: BackupSecretary-COTD-JP-C.png (923KB, 498x728px) Image search: [Google]
BackupSecretary-COTD-JP-C.png
923KB, 498x728px
>>
>>53298178
Why?
>>
>>53298280
He's just so punchable. His face is perfect for punching. Seeing him just makes me want to punch him multiple times.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (14KB, 186x271px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
14KB, 186x271px
>>53250553
the deck revolves around monsters that either summon blue eyes directly from the deck/grave, or cards that pitch them to the grave. Its pretty common to spam out enough B Eyes to field a fusion and still have some left over
>>
>>53252695
>>53266369
mine too
>>
new thread when?
>>
File: 8678.jpg (21KB, 450x326px) Image search: [Google]
8678.jpg
21KB, 450x326px
>>53295616
>>53294520
>Posting unironically perfectly usable fusion monsters in todays metagame
>>
>>53294302
>ATK/INFINITY
>DEF/INFINITE
>>
>>53289129
Nah we wish MTG:O and all its free variants were good enough to do that. The game is just becoming a bit slow nowadays due to new sets not really adding much to the competitive formats anymore, unless they're mythics (MtG's card rarity beyond normal rares (ie Jewish trickery)).
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 87

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.