[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Endless General /eg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 23

File: Sophon Mech.jpg (76KB, 1024x539px) Image search: [Google]
Sophon Mech.jpg
76KB, 1024x539px
First! edition.
>>
Just think about what we created.
>>
Anywone else hyped for the full release of ES2?

>>53237768
Nani?
>>
File: ENFER.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ENFER.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
>>53237768
Perfection.
>>
>>>53196434
>>>53196434
>>>53196434

Last thread, where progress was made in secret and frog tits were talked about and drawn.
>>
The wiki with links to lore and current RPG resources (DnD 5e, Savage Worlds): https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endless_Legend
>>
>>53237744
Ladies and gentlemen, it begins.
>>
>>53237744
lookit them tiny feet on the mecha's legs
they look sophonny
>>
>>53238089
You don't need to namefag
>>
>general

No. Be hype for the game in its correct place.
>>>/vg/
>>
>>53238184
Whoops, had it from another thread.
>>
>>53238198
Buddy, you're a few threads too late and a half baked idea of systems to play with to be a killjoy. Or at least, a killjoy with any sort of effectiveness.
>>
So I've been seeing this thread around and noticed you guys pop up in some of the other Generals. For all the people passing by:

What is Endless Legend?
What makes it so interesting?
What is it comparable to?
>>
>>53238378
I'll try to answer as best as I can Anon

Yes
Puff
Bats
>>
File: 1494792309580.jpg (628KB, 1920x1036px) Image search: [Google]
1494792309580.jpg
628KB, 1920x1036px
>>53238378
>What is Endless Legend?
A game with a neato fantasy setting, which is itself a single world in a much larger space setting.

>What makes it so interesting?
It's fucking weird, in a good way.

>What is it comparable to?
It's like if Warhammer Fantasy was set on a single isolated planet in Warhammer 40k, but trading a portion of its grimdark for extra faction diversity.
>>
>>53238915
You forgot the impossible delicious artstyle and design.

>It's like if Warhammer Fantasy
Pretty much nothing like that... And the very opposite of grimdark. I'd call it a reimagining of standard D&D fantasy.

>>53238378
Get this: this is a setting where what people believe is magic, is actually science-fiction. The "Magic Dust", which is essentially mana, is nothing but tons and tons of nanomachines.

I'm sure you'll like it if you try it.
>>
>>53238378
Endless Legend is what happens when a bunch of 4x players get bored of Civ and put together a massively homebrewed, asymmetrically designed 4x of their own in an attempt to have fun. Honestly half the races sound like brainstorm ideas for a Civ Mod.

>What if we had a race that cant use diplomacy?
>What if we had one that had no food but ate money?
>What if we had one that only ever got one city?

and so on.
>>
>>53239001
>And the very opposite of grimdark
I wouldn't go quite that far. There are a lot of grimdark elements, just with brighter colors, and not looking like it's from a 1980s children's toy cartoon. The setting is pretty fucking bleak and pessimistic, and I'd say a solid half of the factions are downright horrifying.
>>
>>53239543
I'm not sure we have the same definition of "grimdark".
>>
>>53239599
If something has a spooky/bleak aesthetic, it's dark. If something has a pessimistic/dire setting tone, it's grim. If you've got some other definition, that's on you, homie.

It trades away some of the dark for an extra splash of weirdness and color, but Endless Legend/Space is grim as hell, and often dark too.
>>
>>53239729
The visual design in EL is anything but dark. The story is dramatic, if anything.
>>
>>53238378
What endless legend is and why it's interesting are kinda both the same thing IMO: Ednless legend is a civilizations-esk game where you control one of many different cultures to control the globe. Every race is styled after some fantasy concept, and all the technology developed is fantasy themed, but all the magic is actually a result of the conscious or unconscious use of Dust, gold-colored nanomachines designed by a mostly extinct posthuman civilization (the titular, and ironically named, Endless), and all the fantasy-like races are either robots, aliens, or mutants created or collected by this posthuman civilization. It's an infinitely neat setting because on the surface it's a pretty fantastic looking fantasy setting, but more deeply you look into it the more you discover it's actually part of an even more interesting high sci-fi setting. The game Endless Dungeon I believe prequels it within the timeline, and the two Endless Space games sequel it.

It is comparable to numenera, a similar sci-fi setting masquerading as fantasy setting.
>>
What are the titles of the faction leaders?

I remember that the Broken Lords have a king and the Forgotten have a Master Shadow (if I'm interpreting flavor text correctly), but that's it.
>>
>>53238178
Take a look at the police mech.
>>
>>53239973
Wild Walkers is onontio
Cultists have the Queen and the Unspoken.
Necros aren't smart enough except for the one guy.
Mages have a "high sunseeker"
Drakken seem to have a coucil of 12, but that is separate from the faction leader.
>>
>>53239914
Dungeon of the Endless. It also plays drastically differently from EL/ES/ES2 as it is a rogue like, tower defense, thng.
>>
>>53240166
Are Sophons organics?

>>53239973
By default, you are reffered to by the game as an Emperor. Faction specifics is more complicated.

Allayi have a sort of high-priest, I'm not very sure.
>>
>>53240208
yeah, that one. I haven't played it myself, and am only vaguely aware of it's place in the timeline. It's the survivors of that which go on to populate the world for the events of EL, right?
>>
>>53240166
DON'T TASE ME BRO
>>53240293
They're little grey/green men
>>
>>53240293
Sophons are organic, they just all wear those suits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQxP_RXcLJo

>>53240304
They become the Vaulters faction, though members of other factions are present in DotE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2aQYDmsocQ
>>
>>53240293
>Are Sophons organics?
Kind of. They're organics, but they've replaced a majority of their bodies with cybernetics. I'm pretty sure that their brains and other vital organs tend to still be present, though.
>>
File: paid in full.jpg (91KB, 616x299px) Image search: [Google]
paid in full.jpg
91KB, 616x299px
>Did one of our party betray our intentions to the spineless trinity who rule the Forgotten in Dagaari Tanga - the fearful High Consecrate and the feeble Masters of the Divinities? Those rulers who have forgotten our motto: "we are the power in the shadows"?

-Master Shadow of the Warfarers Divinity

What even ARE Forgotten politics? How many proper nouns can be present in a single thought?
>>
>>53240513
>How many proper nouns can be present in a single thought?
I don't know but they certainly seem confused on gender pronouns.
>>
>>53240173
For the Drakken, the two "faction leaders" are on an expedition under loose orders from the Council of Twelve, and their campaign ends with one of them being given a seat there.

>>53240568
Forgotten do sometimes seem like "the diversity faction", going by their hero blurbs. Still, one tranny and a coupla lesbian ninjas are hardly the end of the world.
>>
Endless Space 1 and Endless Legend both majorly suffered from making two many of the factions unnecessarily human.

Endless Space 2, having each space-fairing faction a different race with exception to Horatio (but Horatio is great, so that doesn't count) is far better.

Discuss.
>>
>>53241263
Naah. I did kind of think something similiar when I first bought EL and looked at the factions (before any of the expansions), but once you get into the lore they're plenty diverse. Besides, it makes sense that a lot of them would have shared origins, they're on a single planet.

Can't say anything about the Space games, though, never touched them.
>>
>>53241015
Yeah well said tranny still looks a whole lot like a girl.
>>
>>53241514
That's kind of how it works, yeah
>>
>>53241615
No, trannies change sex. They don't say they're dudes and still dress like girls.
>>
>>53241644
I think you're confused, anon. It's a dude who wants to be a girl, not the other way around.
>>
>>53241780
Then why are they calling him "he" and not "she"?

You know, a good tranny is a tranny you don't see. If you see it, they're flaunting something.
>>
>>53241889
'Cause the character biography isn't the character itself talking? Also, I think it switches from "he" in the beginning to "she" after the switch, but I can't be bothered to boot up the game and wait for the character to show up on the market to double check.
>>
>>53240166
What would sophoni rebel about?
>>
>>53242237
Science not being a priority.
>>
>>53242237
Unscheduled server maintenance.
>>
>>53242263
>>53242267
Could it all be resolved by saying "Its all a social experiment bro, just a social experiment!"
>>
>>53242579
They'd complain at the lack of explosions.
>>
>>53242589
I'd point to the experimental Molotov cocktails they made.
>>
>>53238184
Yes I do, I want to scratch my ego
>>
>>53238378
>What is Endless Legend?
a 4X strategy with very assymmetric gameplay and well-subverted tropes
Visual design and lore
Game? Civilisation but not boring.
Setting? Normal fantasy but with a whole bunch of "HEY WHAT IF"
>>
File: 1494373515297.jpg (53KB, 648x484px) Image search: [Google]
1494373515297.jpg
53KB, 648x484px
>have a great voydyani start, farming a minor race dry to get out a 2nd Ark by turn 20
>shit on Luminares in 3 different wars and finally meet Riftborn/Sophons
>my side of the galaxy has zero strategic resources except for one Titanium deposit

do generic weapons scale well in this like in Endless Legend?
>>
>>53244504
They do. There is also the market if you really need it.

>2nd ark by turn 20
You should be able to get it by turn 13-15, earlier if you have both of your starting ships leeching.
>>
Not to get too /v/ in this shit but Cultists had an absolutely great narrator for their campaign quest or whatever its called in Endless Legend.

The cult is a collection of often heavily augmented people of all kinds and races that follow this strange god within their holy city. They expand heavily and absorb all villages they come across by preaching and brainwashing them into the flock. Those who oppose get their legs broken, thrown into a pit, and preached to some more.

The narrator for cultists is one of those, and slowly he becomes broken in until he accepts the unstoppable wave of cultists washing over the planet, eliminating war, culture and existence as we know it.
>>
>>53244548
I have bad luck with finding minor factions to farm early on, any ideas what to tweak in the campaign settings? Ideally I'd like to start right next to one ofc.
>>
File: 392110_20170514224719_1.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
392110_20170514224719_1.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
>>53244789
I have constellations set to many.

Use your staring probes to scout out early systems before you move anything. Particularly, aim them between systems like in the pic so you can get two systems revealed at once.
>>
>>53238071
I'll spruce up the SW brew soon. Just finals are a-comin' and I have decided, in a fit of madness, to run a Fantasy Craft one shot.
>>
Is it worth buying ES2 while it's still in EA or should I just wait for the full release? I'm still having fun with EL so I'm not in a particular rush.
>>
>>53245034
There is a 25% price reduction while it is in EA and full release is on friday.
>>
>>53245062
Guess I'll be buying it then, thanks.
>>
>>53244495

We should put things like this in the OP.
>>
>>53239842
Well that is definitely true, but the ending of the game is literally that the world dies and the surviving faction fucks off leaving the rest to die along with Auriga
It's pretty grim when the biggest victory a faction can achieve is survival
>>
If he's gonna namefag then so shall I because I'm a HUGE faggot that likes to TAKE IT IN THE ASS

>>53244504
Correct use of strategics is a whole Meta in itself. My testing shows that Titanium / Glassteel weapons are not that much stronger (unless you got Tier III), and you should rather aim for Palladium / Adamantian. Additionally, strategic armour scares very poorly, and in case of Titanium / Adamantium becomes obsolete in the same era you're getting it (kek) ... On the other hand, trinkets, which are part of that tech, never go obsolete, so usually Titanium / Glassteel are the best things to get since you'll have plentiful amounts of those strategics. Especially that their bonuses are the bread and butter, as opposed to the super pricy Mithrite counterparts and such that don't give such interesting bonuses. You may use strategic armour for a while if you're really anal about getting a high initiative rating for twenty turns or so but otherwise, big waste of Glassteel.

In short, here's how it goes

Any strategic weapon
High-tier lategame strategic armour (Adamantian to Mithrite)
Glassteel - Adamantian trinkets
>>
>>53247417
Oh great Puff, please show mercy for us mortals that do not have all the DLC.

How do Allayi structure their society? Does their leader have a title? What ARE the pearls, exactly?
>>
>>53247935
Not that guy, but pearls are a byproduct of Auriga's slow death. The Allayi start out believing it's her boon to the faithful, to empower them to supremacy. That goes out the window once they start to realize the planet is dying, though.

Their campaign ends with the Allayi committing themselves to staying with Auriga to the end, to ease "her" passing as much as they can, even if they die out too. It's actually kind of sad.
>>
>>53247935
No idea. From what I know, it's a theocracy. They have Holy Texts.

"In my hands sit the waxed and oiled leather pouch, black with age, that contains the Epistle of Vors Grayspire and the Euchologion, the ways of prayer."

Leaders are mentionned by name. I'm currently checking the description on the Ward of Vros Therman.

As far as naming conventions go, Allayi have three names:
A first name that always end in -os
A "Winter name" that they earn on their first battle, depicting a feat, always a verb of action (for example Sniffer, Leaper, Rockstrider)
A last name depicting an element of the landscape, an item etc (Redpoint, Greenblade, Highridge, apparently a compound name)

So for example if you make a random one you could say

"Kios Changer Whitetree"

Pearls seem to be spheres of a strange magnetic material that grows underground and comes up to the surface because of Winter. It's mentionned as the "blood" of Auriga so it's not a very good thing. These spheres can be of different shapes, from small to giant. Big "pearl clusters" are the giant ones. It seems to be a composite construction of pieces imbricated together. Pearls can be reforged into equipment and armour.
>>
>>53248314
>Their campaign ends with the Allayi committing themselves to staying with Auriga to the end, to ease "her" passing as much as they can, even if they die out too.
From what I gather they do

From what I gather they take it as a holy sign that Auriga wants them to use the pearls to survive the Winter while she regenerates with the Temple of the Earth's Core

>>53247935
No titles are mentionned anywhere. Leaders apparently by names. They do have some with titles whose job is to remember the Epistle or all the "complex Allayi lineages and whatever" but I don't have the Hero in front of my face right now. They have shamans for their spiritual needs, they divide into clans and they have breeding seasons (sound like fun). I know that the first flight is a big moment for the Allayi and a sort of passage rite in itself.

For some reason official lore mentions the heroes have big strong legs. Hm.
>>
>>53247935
And I forgot: all the Guardians have Allayi names.
>>
>>53241263
ES1 actually has a fair amount of non human ones. The majority of them even.
What I hate the most is how nearly everything is a fucking humanoid.

The only playable ones that aren't are:
>sowers
>amoeba
>harmony
>riftborn
Most which were from the first game.

Even the trees are humanoids. I'm still pretty mad they bought back sophons and cravers as playable since they're pretty uninteresting.
>>
>>53248710
>they take it as a holy sign that Auriga wants them to use the pearls to survive the Winter while she regenerates with the Temple of the Earth's Core
Yeah, but then the last journal of the campaign pretty much states that they're pretty much willingly going to march into extinction as they do their best to soothe Auriga in her last, gasping moments.

I thought the Allayi story was kind of meh up until that point, and I'm not too keen on their playstyle, but honestly? That was one of the best campaign endings in the game.
>>
>>53241263
I like the way that the non-UE human factions in ES2 are all either ending up as Minor Factions, or as mere political elements in the UE. Sheredyn as an internal political force in the Empire or Pilgrims as a Minor Faction is a much better handling of the whole thing.

I know that the Sophons have one such Minor Faction too. I'd like if there were some more splinter groups off of the Majors to boot.

I think this is a tremendous improvement, yes.
>>
You know what would make a good Minor Faction in ES2? Aurigans. Have the Vaulters return as a Minor Faction, but among their ranks are refugee populations of the (loser) factions who tagged along after Endless Legend.
>>
>>53240351
>They become the Vaulters faction
Is this verified? Because it sorta makes sense but I can see a few problem (like: the whole purpose is to leave the dungeon, so who stays in there to become the Vaulters?)
>>
>>53251418
When you finally make it to the surface of Auriga, you find the planet in a crazy cataclysmic state, so the Pre-Vaulters decide to go back down into the Labs and make a go of civilization down there.
>>
>>53252049
>>53251418
There was something shifty with the expedition. I think it was meant to do something else with the prisoners, and be turned away with its official mission. It carried all the materials needed to startup a colony.
>>
Wait, couldn't you just reskin Numenera for this?
>>
Assuming we make "human" a race rather than each faction being a race, are the Forgotten human? They were vaulters that were the subject of science experiments and then thrown out into the cataclysm to adapt. So, generally still pretty humanish, but they can turn into a transparent mist at will and have a bunch of glowy bits, and hardly any humans I know can do that.
>>
>>53252049

So the Vaulters were founded by 19 offworld humans, 1 native human, 2 robots, 1 nidya, 1 awakened necrophage, 1 broken lord, 1 drakkenling, 1 haunt, and 1 extremely intelligent canine?
>>
>>53253112
Yeah, they're just genetically altered. Probably that messes with their brain and that's how they're so sexually confused.
>>
>>53253135
That was ONE drop pod.

I also don't see a Nidya or a Dog. Additionally they met natives inside the dungeons.
>>
>>53253141
Life as outcasts breed sexually liberal/liberating politics, I suppose.

Do NOT go to a Free Love music event hosted by Forgotten. Shit will fuck you up.
>>
>>53253162

>>53253162

the Nidya's one of the natives they can meet, along with hte necrophage, drakkenling, haunt, native human (she's a sister of mercy) and broken lord. The dog's a secret characte ryou can get when going random character.
>>
>>53253141
>sexually confused
No confusion, just less caring about traditional roles and expectations.

>>53253243
Or make you learn things about yourself. ;)
>>
>>53253281
The Forgotten are pretty culturally enlightened for a society of disparate science-hating refugee camps dedicated to violent revenge.
>>
Why not just use a fate style build-your-own system using aspects and have premades? There's no need to get into the nitty gritty dnd style. You could even have another set of aspects for culture if having 5 different flavours of human bother you. It would be a lot more consistent with the game and would expand and free both the players and the setting.
>>
>>53253479
Very valid, very doable. Could you mock up an example for us?
>>
>>53253281
>>53253243
>>53253387
Blackface people with knives, specialize in sabotaging other people's cities and stealing their technology, Tumblr-grade libertarianism

Hmmmm

>>53253253
Sisters of Mercy are natives from before the Vaulters? Since when? Endless Space does fuckall to explain humans.
>>
>>53253085
Monte Cook pls go
>>
>>53253550
>Tumblr-grade libertarianism
I've seen these words before, but never next to each other.
>>
>>53253533
Sure. Gimme a sec, I wanted to procrastinate on what I was doing anyway.
>>
>>53253550

Well, the Vaulters didn't exist until after Dungeons; one fo the recruitable heroes in Dungeons of the Endless is a Sister of Mercy (that's been possessed by what is probably in hindsight an Infected Riftborn, I'd wager), so yes, the sisters pre-date the vaulters.
>>
Is the body type of the armor the only thing separating a Broken Lord from a Broken Lady?
>>
>>53253741
>yes, the sisters pre-date the vaulters.
And they reproduced by scissoring?
>>
>>53253838
The codpiece, mainly
>>
>>53253921

Probably not; they are just a minor faction, so it's not like they're the ONLY humans. I'd bet there's other humans--hell, no reason the Roving Clans couldn't pre-date the vaulters either, I'd think.
>>
>>53253962
>Tech

We don't know why they're medieval.
>>
>>53253533
So I was operating on the principle that it was a standard FATE Core game. While doing so I figured that I may as well rename FATE points to Dust for flavour. It would make sense that the PCs were heroes after all. It also tackled the ‘what can dust do and why is it important’ question without ruining the magic and mystery of it by giving it hard rules. Dust does exactly what the plot wants it to do, just like in the games. So a character sheet would look much the same as a standard FATE character sheet but with a slot for race and culture somewhere around the top and FATE points would be called Dust instead.

Race Sheet

Race Name: The Broken Lords

Aspects
Appetite for Dust: Broken Lords do not need to eat to sustain themselves as other races do but must instead consume dust. They can siphon dust from other lifeforms, though with detrimental effects to the lifeform's health. The amount of dust gathered depends on the complexity of the lifeform.

Broken Forms: Broken Lords exist only as spirits trapped within suits of armour. They do not tire and can be much more sturdy than purely organic species. Increase your total physical stress boxes by 1. This form works in their detriment in that they cannot heal wounds naturally and so cannot heal their consequences without using Dust: 2 for mild, 4 for moderate, 6 for major.

culture incoming
>>
>>53253479
I was thinking of using WEG's D6 system as a base for a game. Also, does Endless Legend have guns? I think the Formorians have them, but I've got no clue on the other races.
>>53254540
So is Dust still handled as a currency?
>>
>>53254540
Culture Sheet

Culture: The Broken Lords

Aspects
Broken Forms, Endless Virtue: The Broken Lords are a faction of knights and town-builders, an aristocratic society that believes in honor, virtue, and justice. To succor the weak, to champion what is just, to root out evil wherever it may lurk -- those are the ideals by which these noble warriors live.

Culture: Necrophages

Aspects
Farming a shit, don’t eat something that wasn’t killed

Diplomacy a shit, always be fighting

Note that these stats should be no means considered what they really should be in the ‘final product’. For example I didn’t really know what happens to something that gets the SUCC from a Broken Lord, I mean they can die but do they all? Or is that just when they get greedy? A particular mechanic I had in mind when writing this was the compel mechanic. For those of you not in the know: A GM may, at any point, compel a player to do something using any of their aspects. The player can accept the compel, as which point they gain a Fate Point (Dust) or they can resist, in which case they must spend a Fate Point. This can represent using will to resist one's vices to just straight up resisting your biological programming with the sentience the dust has afforded you.

That being said: There's no reason why you couldn't transplant this to your system of choice either. You just need to add a Fate Point styled system, which is easy enough and start doing compels.
>>
>>53254635
I would probably count the dust that a player has on their sheet as metabolized dust. It's already in their system and cannot be spent unless extracted through some kind of means. The dust is now a part of them as they are heroes. Non-metabolized dust would be handled through items (such as the little canisters we see them in), which can be used to gain the fate point dust or bartered.
>>
>>53254645
>>53254741
Would a Broken Lord be compelled to give into their vampiric tendencies or lose FATE Dust, as is the problem in their quest, or be compelled to be a chivalrous knight that champions the just and succs the weak, as is their base personality?
>>
>>53254852
That conflict was deliberate as it is the cornerstone of characterization for the Broken Lords. Broken Lords should struggle with their addiction not meeting well with their virtues. It's down to the GMs decision really but they should operate based on what is most interesting at the time. They should take into account who the character is and the situation. An extremely virtuous Lord being compelled the succ constantly may not be that interesting but what about a situation in which they are badly injured? It might get awfully hard to resist then. Meanwhile a repentant former succmaster lord may struggle a lot with not just succing and thus it would be more interesting if he got compelled to succ more, rather than the virtue side.

It's important to note that compulsions shouldn't come up at every opportunity. The example the system gives (I think) is an recovering alcoholic coming home from a really bad day and a vodka bottle is just right there. It's also worth noting that this system works in that you can mix and match races and culture. So you could have a Broken Lord be from the vaulters culture for example. This is to represent intermingling of populations, conquest and assimilation. So not all Broken Lords would have to deal with the virtue stuff. You could even have a Broken Lord from a Necrophage culture, not that it would play that well with a party.
>>
>>53254852
>and succs the weak
Anon, please.
>>
>>53255297
A perfectly valid contraction of succor.
>>
>>53253387
There's no reason to assume anybody on Auriga gives a shit about the same social issues as real-world Earth humans. Besides, they're in no way enlightened; their society is pretty fucked up.

>>53253550
>Blackface
>Tumblr-grade
u w0t
Their skin is literally dark. And WTF is Tumblr about anything they do?
>>
>>53253564
To be fair, Numenera is fairly close in concept. Too bad it isn't very good.

>>53253962
I'm pretty sure DotE has Bordeki, so it's a safe assumption.
>>
>>53255975
>Their skin is literally dark
But their morphology remains Scandinavian.

>WTF is Tumblr about anything they do
It's a joke about Amplitude not-so-subtly introducing SJ-grade diversity.
>>
>>53256076
If anything, having the only non-white humans in the game still be white is like the opposite of what Tumblr/SJ would want. Saying that Amplitude is "catering to muh SJWs" is some serious reaching.
>>
>>53256226
I haven't said that.

I did say however that they're really caking it but suddenly releasing all that "diverse" content in the same expansion.

The Forgotten are not "black people" and I like them. I got no problem with a tranny hero either. And I in fact really, really liked the peculiar twist they made on the Valentine's Day pairing. I found it cute, and making things actually less boring and more diverse, without catering any, and avoiding all those flaming e-politics. They did it well but that's because they have not flaunted anything about this before.

Vaulter tradition to elect female leaders is fun, I like things like this, that ARE diverse, but you won't find any bullshit on how "blah blah blah it's because female are better and the Broken Lords are mysoginistic or shit".

However, all at once, well you can make that SJ joke.
>>
>>53256324
That's fair. I was just worried a perfectly nice thread was going to be ruined.
I wouldn't have made the joke but I see where you're coming from. Let us carry on, then.
>>
>>53256392
I'm glad we could get past that.

So, what is the Allayi view on Ethics in Games Journali--
>>
>>53256392
I was actually paraphrasing a Forgotten Main I know which plays regularly with me, and he said "everyone is afraid of the scary nlack men with knives".

Which is true.

Forgotten are incredibly scary to play against.
>>
>>53256448
>Allayi
80% of Allayi males are gay

That's why they make so few babies.

Monks typically converge around a Puff Daddy, who will shower them in titanium rings, glassteel rings, and other blings.
>>
>>53256448
You made me legit laugh out loud. Thank you, friend.
They believe the Forgotten should make their own video games with diverse casts.

>>53256449
Oh shit, yeah. Never know where the fuck they are or how they're about to fuck your shit up.
>>
In order to beable pay the rent of your swanky apartment in one of the galaxy's largest metropolises, you need to choose two of the following applicants as room mates:
>A devoted Horatio who is very interested in convincing you to imitate the perfection of Horatio as closely as you can.
>A Craver. It insists that it's separated himself from the collective. Might be a bro, might try to butcher you in your sleep.
>A busty Lumeris who admits to have a rather large amount of debt she owes to a crimelord that isn't afraid of collateral damage.
>An eccentric Sophon that will turn his portion of the apartment into a makeshift laboratory. He might create wonders, he might create madness.
>A Hissho weeaboo. He recently found out about vintage Japanese cartoons and boy, he will not fucking stop watching that shit.
>An Unfallen that has brought along several giant plant pots in which it is growing its children. It won't just be three of you for long.
>>
>>53256675
...Can I just have one double-gnoll from Endless Legend?

I'll walk him and make sure he gets fed.
>>
>>53256675
A Forgotten, because the always know how to handle the payment of debts.
>>
>>53256718
If you like being peeped on by xer anytime you take a shower...
>>
>>53256675
>imitate the perfection of Horatio as closely as you can
What would a human adoring fan or Horatio would look like? Trying to graft himself a bigger head top?
>>
>>53256675
I'll take the weeb and the geek, it'll be the greatest sitcom ever made until literally anyone else figures out how to make them.
>>
>>53256675
Two Horatios.
>>
>>53256797
>Sophon makes anime real
>>
>>53256728
some people are into that kind of thing
>>
>>53256780
Immaculately shaved head, facial tattoos.
>>
>>53256675
>Might be a bro, might try to butcher you in your sleep.
if he hasn't killed and eaten me yet i don't get why he'd wait
>>
>>53256867
They don't do the facial tattoo thing anymore.
>>
>>53256980
That he's done digesting

Where are my Jotus bros dammit
>>
>>53257002
Still seem to have different facial markings. Probably more circuitry than tattoo, but close 'nuff!
>>
>>53256675

Lumeris and the Craver. We'll pimp her out to pay off her debts!
>>
>>53257277
>Implying that isn't how she racked up the debt in the first place
>>
>>53257083
Assembling seams

>>53257277
Pimp her to the Puffdaddy
>>
>>53256675
Expansion pack!

>A Riftborn. It sculpts a time bubble about the apartment that it warps on a whim. When you leave the apartment, you might be in the past or the future.
>A Vodyani. You have to cover up for him when pets start going missing in a mile radius around your apartment block.
>An Amoeba hippy that constantly invites around other scumbag Amoebas. Watch out or your apartment will become an Amoeba commune.
>An obnoxious Harmony asshole who spends most of its time pretending you don't exist. Getting it to do anything you want is a pain in the ass.
>A Gnashast that keeps out of your business and expects you to do the same for him. Shame he keeps flooding the fucking bath every day.
>A female Tikanan xenophile with an unhealthy interest in you. The likelihood of surviving coitus with her is infinitesimal.
>>
>>53257277
You liar, you just want her for yourself, and the Craver to beat up the crimeboss.
>>
>>53257416

No, no, you don't beat up a crimeboss. That's how you get cycles of vengeance. One craver will not save us from an entire lumeris criminal organization.

The Craver is there for everyone's safety. Now, I'm sure you and I and her can get into a simple arrangement of business; you need dust outta here, I gotta way to make dust outta her and keep her outta your hair...

>>53257360
By prostituting herself?

>>53257400
If Puffdaddy can pay, puffdaddy can play, capiche?
>>
>>53257520
I see you got the real gills for this business my friend, I think we can come to an arrangement. Slimy Lumeris handshakes are customary at this point.
>>
>>53257520
Lumeris tits for Monk puffs.
>>
>>53257404
>Female Tikanan
It's a risk worth taking.
>>
Anyone know where I can some cultist fluff? They seem like really my jam...
>>
>>53257404
>>53256675
Lumeris and Tikanan.

If I'm going to die, it's going to be in a threesome with two banging hot aliens.
>>
>>53256675
>>53257404
Pro strats boyz!

Get the Tikanan and the Sophon. The Sophon will science a way to survive sexy times with Tikanan and maybe even make kids. Tikanan for sexy times.
>>
>>53253550
That's why some people think the sisters are an offshoot of the broken lords. I mean they are both paladin types essentially
>>
>>53257404
>>53256675
Endless College the dating sim
>Deal with your roommate
>Go to class
>Study hard
>Pick the girl of your dreams
>>
>>53258688

Problem is, broken lords aren't human; they're former Concrete Endless.
>>
>>53259110
Possibly
>>
>>53259455

No, we have Word of God on that; the source is in one of the previous threads, someone can dig it out.
>>
>>53259110
>>53259472
That's from the devblog, right? 'Cause the devblog also says that the Broken Lords and the Roving Clans used to be the same people, and the Clans are clearly human.
>>
>>53259518
Huh. It was.

So I guess Humans/Mezari were a race of the Concrete Endless, then.

... I am unsure how to process this information.
>>
>>53259596
There's nothing stating that the Mezari and Vaulter derived humans are Endless in origin. In fact, it's entirely possible that the native humans of Auriga aren't even the same species - I don't think they're ever referred to as humans in-game.
>>
>>53259596
Well, not necessarily. I don't think there's any link between the Mezari/Vaulters/Forgotten and the Broken Lords/Roving Clans/Ardent Mages/Dorgeshi.
>>
>>53259596
it is a brilliant move. what better way to hide form your enemies than to become something else entirely? Humans/Mezari are a devolved form of the concrete that forgot that they were, just like the amoeba.

or, what we assume Concrete Endless is actually just a term for the myriad of sub species that the concrete created too experience all the diffrient forms of life.

actually, that's a cool thought. some concrete completely changed themselves to get a better understanding of life and to further separate themselves from the virtual endless
>>
File: 000000000000.png (56KB, 401x372px) Image search: [Google]
000000000000.png
56KB, 401x372px
>>53256502
fuck.
another tumblr/reddit/twitter setting.
>>
>>53259793

It seems far too much of a coincidence, though, for them to look so... human?

And we know the Mezari empire was ancient and powerful, since ES2 updated the fluff for them. Could easy have been one of the many races that made up the Concrete endless, perhaps servants of them if nothing else, who took that expertise to the stars before inevitably collapsing themselves.
>>
>>53259830
He's memeing, anon. Unrustle yourself.

And even if he wasn't, gay furries is more DeviantArt than Tumblr.
>>
>>53259833
Well, the virtuals took incredibly human forms - at least according to the Craver intro trailer.
>>
>>53258457

Here you go: http://endlesslegend.gamepedia.com/Quests#Cultists
>>
>>53259874
Aha it's more FA than DA.
>>
https://twitter.com/FlybyNo/status/864186883152236545
>>
File: Diaspora-cluster-eg2.png (76KB, 432x776px) Image search: [Google]
Diaspora-cluster-eg2.png
76KB, 432x776px
>>53253479
Not only is that a phenomenal idea since it easily enables someone with a race/faction mismatch like someone from another major faction being made into a Cultist, the Fate game Diaspora has a 'cluster'-creating minigame, where you roll up and flesh out a hyperlane-linked star cluster. It would work extremely well for building Endless Space Constellations.

Each system in a Cluster has a Technology, Habitability, and Resources rating - meaning you can have a poor and primitive garden of eden system with a dozen habitable planets, a system full of high-tech space-miners living on stations because there are no habitable planetoids, or whatever other combination you random-roll. Then, each system gets randomly-rolled links to other systems in the chain. Finally, each system gets three Aspects - usually two picked by the person responsible for the system's concept, and a third picked by the group to explain how it fits into the cluster as a whole.

Seriously, check out Diaspora. The system as a whole is a relatively uninspiring Fate game, but the cluster generation subsystem is pure fucking gold.
>>
>>53261082

Much appreciated! Wish there was more they seem really cool.
>>
>>53261826
>https://twitter.com/FlybyNo/status/864186883152236545
Love his music.
>>
>>53262124
I have no idea what that pic is.
>>
>>53262315
He tells you what it is dude. Both in the filename and the text.
>>
>>53256675
>A busty Lumeris
I want two. Try to play the different crimelords off of each other, where both are too worried to make a move because of the other.
>>
>>53262343
I was thinking that it was a chart, not an example.
>>
>>53259821
>or, what we assume Concrete Endless is actually just a term for the myriad of sub species that the concrete created too experience all the diffrient forms of life.
This is definitely true. The Endless were a culture, not a species. Even from the beginning, on the planet Tor, they had two different sapient species, and the humanoid of the two species (the other were squid people) had two distinct subspecies.

By the time of the Dust Wars, the Endless had absorbed countless additional species into their cultural empire, and created countless more in their increasingly-insane laboratories as the wars progresssed, with Endless society less collapsing spectacularly and more constantly getting broken into smaller, less-intact, and less-sustainable splinters, until nothing truly Endless was left.

Literally any/every species might be descended from some random-ass Endless sub-branch.
>>
Are there any games running or planning to run? I wont be able to join for a good while but would like to listen in or whatever when it does run.
>>
>>53262480
We're still trying to hammer out a system, let alone actually playtesting.
>>
Has anyone actually played Numenera/enjoyed it? I've only played once but my DM was kinda bad at it and half the group were That Guys so I don't want to judge the game based on that one experience.
I'm asking here because it wouldn't take too much refluffing to run something Endless Legend-like with it.
>>
>>53262502
I'd suggest just using Fate with the ideas said above and build from there, honestly. No need to over complicate anything. It's character-focused, easy to change on the fly and is open enough to mimic and build on the expansive and alien nature of the endless universe. It also makes it really easy for both players and GMs to make their own interesting shit with it. It's ideal. I just wish I could run something with it but I have too much going on to play let alone run.

I think we're getting too wrapped up in talking about the setting, which is fine to do and will be necessary at later stages but if the purpose of these threads is lore discussion we should just go to /vg/. I mean how many threads on /tg/ with how much actual traditional game progress?
>>
>>53262657
Warcraft and TES have lore threads on /tg/ all the time. I think we can get away with it, since it's actually for TT purposes.
>>
>>53262657
You need lore to make stats
>>
>>53262708
Absolutely. Lore discussion will be really important when it comes time but without a framework and a goal for the discussion it isn't really progress. It is really fun though. >>53262706 is correct.
>>
>>53262657
We've generally gotten 1.5 mock-ups of character creation in this-or-that system per thread, which is something. Maybe not enough that the mods won't get rid of us once they notice we've created a general thread about a video game, but it's a start.
It seems like the winds are favoring FATE, at the moment, which might get us in the clear.

The only problem I have with that is prosodic: nobody's gone against the idea that Fate points would be translated as "metabolized dust".
This might be just my own brand of autism, but does the phrase "losing three dust" just not register well to anyone? It may be because I'm either thinking of dust as it is in the games, which is generally measured in the hundreds (though equally without defined units), or with real world dust, which is unquantifiable.
It FEELS like the grammar is wrong. Just me?
>>
>>53262815
It'd say that's valid criticism. Mechanics should fit well into a 'spoken aesthetic' and be fun to say
>I burn a fate point to survive
>I add one to my darkspiral aura
Are fun to say and flow well but
>I spend 3 dust
doesn't. I certainly think Fate points work well in terms of a dust substitute for mechanical/narrative reasons (FATE is what makes the system flow, dust is what makes the universe flow as well as the reasons mentioned above) but the phrasing does leave something to be desired. I'm unsure how to improve that. Maybe just 'use' rather than spend? We're used to the idea of spending dust. We spend dust all the time.

Where I disagree is with your numbers issue. Not only because we're used to dealing with dust on the scale of an empire, of course the numbers are going to be smaller but needlessly inflating to hundreds or tens just over-complicates it all for no real reason. The numbers are already abstractions of amounts (How much is 100k dust? How much is 10?), we should build the game around an abstraction that suits our needs in terms of game design rather than just trying to mimic the games.
>>
>>53263114
Whoops.

>I lose 3 dust
doesn't*
>>
>>53263114
>>53263129
I think part of it is that using metabolized dust isn't supposed to be a transaction in-universe like spending dust at a market is, it's a part of you that's doing something cool/uncool.

I expend three dust.

I dissolve three dust.

I cast three dust.
ALLOWING ME TO DRAW TWO CARDS FROM MY DECK.
>>
>>53263219
In the first endless space you expend dust to do heroy kinda shit. How is that phrased? I can't remember.
>>
>>53263129

Metabolize.

You metabolize three dust. The higher a character's refresh-equivalent is (so the more fate points they have each session), the more attuned their body is to Dust; the more they can handle without suffering from Dust Toxicity. Compels? Well, that's your Dust reacting to your mind and body; it does strange things, after all--forcing you to act in ways you may not always need to, even if sometimes you always want to...
>>
>>53263322
So, using fate-point-dust is called metabolizing it. This sounds really good. But that means that fate-point-dust can't just be called 'metabolized dust', and it needs to be distinguishable from the actual, physical dust. Attuned dust?
>>
>>53263322
>>53263502
What about activate?
>>
reminder that not all of them died
>>
>>53263502
Could always just call them Dust Points but that may be a bit on the nose. I love the sound of attuned dust but it's a bit chunky in a gameplay sense? Bit too fancy maybe?
>I spend an Attuned Dust
>You get an Attuned Dust
>Three Attuned Dust

>I spend a Dust Point
>You get a Dust Point
>Three Dust Points

Refresh can say refresh though.
>>
>>53263607
There are actually eight necrophage and drakken eggs, two baby Allayi, and exact instructions on how to torture a Vaulter into a Forgotten stuffed inside his suit of armor.

Everyone is okay.
>>
File: lewd.png (82KB, 217x256px) Image search: [Google]
lewd.png
82KB, 217x256px
>>53263661
I don't need instructions on torturing a Vaulter, though
>>
Here's the REAL question about the Broken Lords:

Do they KNOW they're Endless?
>>
>>53264405
No.
>>
>>53264405
They think they're people, if they aren't people.

If they are people, then they know they are people, but don't know they are Endless.
>>
>>53263627
>>53263322
>>53263114
>>53262815

I think you might run into an issue with quantities.

So Fate points are semi-rare, iirc? Not handed out like spell slots or Ki points in 5e. So what if someone wants to play a Dust mage and cast more than twice a session?

Plus, what's the fluff for using Dust (points) to reroll, if it's also money? "Sorry I can't pay you back today, the giant gods in the sky took some of my pocket change to alter destiny."

Not trying to shoot you down too hard, just wanting to think over this a little more.
>>
>>53238915
>It like if Warhammer fantasy took place on an isolated world in the 40k Galaxy.

So it's Warhammer fantasy?
>>
I think its better to use dust as skill points for magic, and require some to maintain your power level, rather than using them as straight mana.

So you use X dust to unlock lightning bolt powers, and Y dust per month to keep them if the power requires it, but use fatigue or something to actually cast.
>>
tried to make a custom faction for the first time
found out that I can't make necrophages that can relocate their cities
reeed out with mood spoiled and now feel like an autist
>>
>>53266506
Totally no.

>>53263661
Genebanks are a thing.

>>53262815
I ate a protein after gym
>>
Fate points really aren't that rare. They can be depending on your character but you get a good chunk when your refresh goes off and then some more whenever you get a compel. All it means is that your dust mage needs a good source of dust to do their shit, which is both inline with the setting and balances them out.

Take argent mages. To get in touch with their dust they need to dissaccociate from their body. They do this through feeling pain. Perhaps they'd have a culture thing for receiving points with stress boxes, perhaps it's handled through stunts. Probably a mix of both.

The difference between your dust points and the paying dust where handled eatlier. As heroes dust is part of who you are. It's part of your body. When you're expending points to do shit you're expending that dust rather than your pocket change, which can presumably be used to refresh your dust points. Dust points would be inaccessible in terms of paying for shit unless you had some means of extracting it from yourself.

It's cool. These conceptual discussions are important to have early on, you're not shooting anything down. We cool bruh.
>>
>>53266474
That's why we were looking for a term like metabolized dust or attuned dust.

To make it distinct and disconnected from normal dust.
>>
>>53266474
Definitely separate money dust from internal dust. The internal dust has to be consumed in a special way, maybe through some Endless tech found in a ruin. This would be the same type of dust that uplifts a normal person/bug/robot/etc to a hero.
I think spells being cast from your wallet is a cool idea, plus it lets mages cast as much or as little as their finances allow.
>>
File: turnt.png (111KB, 328x165px) Image search: [Google]
turnt.png
111KB, 328x165px
The thread has slowed to a crawl, so I feel justified in asking this:

If a Broken Lord gets blasted on Dustwater, does he just get high, or does it also feed him?
>>
File: fudge-dice.png (859KB, 1502x837px) Image search: [Google]
fudge-dice.png
859KB, 1502x837px
Fate does seem freeform enough to allow this to work, if only the dice weren't so expensive.
>>
>>53270139
1 and 2 = -
3 and 4 = blank
5 and 6 = +
>>
Dawn, ES2 really tempt me as an alternative to Stellaris when I want to take a break of it, I played the first but it fell kinda short to me after 30 hours.
Plus seeing a successful French game that is not from Ubisoft in 2017
is really nice.
>>
>>53239115
Well, you do have Venice in Civ.
>>
Since this is based on a 4x, any of you got a faction system in the works?
>>
>>53270857
No, but one that's actually good and interesting.
>>
>>53270779
Stellaris and ES2 scratch similar, but very distinct itches for me. I love them both.
>>
>>53271341
I never liked how Stellaris tried to become more like Civ. I play Paradox games BECAUSE they're not Civ.
>>
>>53270254

True, however I would like the fudge/fate dice but small market, high prices.
>>
It looks like the Fate train is still rolling.

Besides an efficient fate points - dust conversion, what else does the system have that's good for this setting? I know jack about it beyond what fate points are and the use of fudge dice.
>>
>>53274928
It's incredibly open and customisable. This not only puts us in a good position to build canon elements into the system but puts us in an even better position to build framework for people to generate their own stuff without getting bogged down and grinding the game to a halt. Aspects can be used to provide character to regions, continents, planets, races, cultures and systems while both aspects and stunts can make characters unqiue.

I think the first session of every game should be to generate the world in the same sense that it is in the game. This helps get everyone on the same page about a setting that's quite up in the air while not requiring them to read ten pages of fluff. It gets everyone involved and ensures that each player has tirs to the world. Maybe we could take note of how magical burst, dawn of worlds and that other system that was brought up earlier in the thread.
>>
>>53275293
>generate the world in the same sense that it is in the game

>Behold, my birth.
>The birth of Auriga.
>At first, from the void, came the shape.
>Within that shape, continents rose up from the seas...
>...and within those continents, the regions were created.
>Then the regions were covered by desert, and forest, and grassland...
>...and by hills and mountains that rose up to give my face a form.
>Clouds drew together, rains fell, and the rivers swelled with water...
>...and the lands grew wetter or drier as the rivers carved their way.
>From beneath the crust of my skin precious resources thrust up.
>Lesser species as well evolved and ranged across me,...
>...and as all of these lived and grew and died they left their traces.
>Lastly, for my children, I sowed places where my bounties could be easily reaped:
>Bounties in minerals, in magics, in the wealth of the soil.
>And when all was ready, and I saw that the world was rich, …
>...only then, were my children were seeded upon it.
>And then nothing remained but to wait, and to hope.
>So the void became the shape, …
>...and the shape became the land, ...
>...and the land became rich, ...
>...and all of that is me.
>Auriga.
>>
>>53275293
>>53276450
Should we try to compile a list of the canon region names? Amber Fields, Stone Islands, Arani Desert, etc.?
>>
>>53276551
No harm in it. Would be good to have just a straight up name list for if people don't want to make shit. Maybe even a way to generate stuff.
>>
Unironically, if we're talking about generic systems, why not GURPS?
>>
>>53276944

No reason why not, it just so happens FATE is being used at the moment, there are also Savage Worlds rules that have been made(at the bottom): https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Endless_Legend
>>
>>53276944
FATE is made around making shit up and unique heroes. It's far more suited to deal with open and vague concepts that are all over the place on the endless setting. Whereas GURPS requires things to be much more quantified and set. FATE thrives on GM and player collaboration.

FATE points are also really convenient and work well with the way dust works with heroes in setting.
>>
Can Fate handle magic-currency dust well enough? This is arguably more important than how well it can handle metabolized dust (points) or faction association (culture, I guess).
>>
>>53280102
Considering these threads are about converting it to tabletop and using its setting for /tg/ related pursuits, we're right where we belong.
>>
>>53278881
How does one system handle money better than another system? Couldn't that just be handled through inventory or an abstracted wealth system?
>>
>>53280494
Because money is the same resource as magic in this setting.
>>
>>53280539
Well all you need then is a system to convert money dust to dust points. Which isn't really difficult at all I'd say.
>>
>>53280577
Well, we need a system to convert dust money into dust spellcasting, and have it be simple enough that this can at once be 100% of how the party mage fights, 50% of how the party paladin fights, and also the means by which the party Broken Lord does not die.

As to whether dust-money-magic can also be thought of in terms of dust fate points/dust metabolism, I have no idea. Being exposed to a lot of concentrated dust in the Endless universe seems to result in a crapshoot of hallucinations, psychological changes, and physical mutations, so we might just want to pretend that whole aspect of dust doesn't exist outside of backstories. I doubt snorting a few lines would give you extra fate points to spend.
>>
File: b17.png (84KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
b17.png
84KB, 510x546px
>>53280102
>doesn't realize these threads have been going on for a while
>doesn't realize that the mods haven't deleted any video game threads talking about for absolute ages
>doesn't realize that these threads have actually been pretty focused on conversion to a tabletop format way more than other such video game threads that are literally just talking about the games' lore, like warcraft or weekend elder scrolls
lurk more
>>
>>53280738
Dust Points are already what you said. Why add a third stage onto it? Dust mages use dust in their system: Dust points. There's two kinds: Dust in the physical word that can be bartered or imbibed and dust that is in the persons system and can be utilized to use dust powers (including magic).

Argent mages, for example, don't grab their spell-casting dust from a dedicated mana pool of dust for spellcasting or chew on pennies: They hurt themselves to the point of dissociation from their physical form. This allows them to get more in touch with dust and use it for spellery. I think this lends itself to a dust point expenditure with income being from aspects that gives them dust points when they get hurt.

But there is no real reason why you couldn't chew on your physical dust to get more dust points. Heroes have a dust upkeep, sophons are shown literally injecting themselves with dust, dust use is shown for the frogmafia, in endless space 1 there are hero abilities that cost dust to activate. Heroes run on dust. PCs would be heroes. There is also evidence of the harm such practices can have on the body though. Some time would need to be taken to work out the effects of dust toxicity and when it kicks in. Though generally speaking the harmful effects have been shown to only really come into play with truly ludicrous amounts that turn you into a hero in the first place.

Spells can be handled a variety of different ways: Aspects, stunts, skills or even it's own system as an extra. It's not like other systems that are a lot more locked down meaning you don't have to twist it's arm to get it to do what you want. It's written to do what we want. We just need to decide on how we want to implement it. There's a page on magic on the FATE SRD and, I'm sure, plenty of other systems that we can take inspiration from.
>>
>>53266474
>So Fate points are semi-rare, iirc?
Not really. The pool you start with is small, but you gain them through your actions. Whenver you let your Aspects screw you over you get rewarded with one, and that kind of play is especially good match for an Argent Mage fucking herself up for power.
>>
>>53277183
>FATE points are also really convenient and work well with the way dust works with heroes in setting.
Can you elaborate? I'm not sure how FATE points are suitable for this purpose.
>>
Why is /v/ moving here
Fuck off.
>>
>>53282041
Have you read, like, a single post? This thread is explicitly about making a ttrpg conversion.
Also, if you wanna complain, there's always Warcraft threads that don't even have that justification.
>>
>>53281871
I'm unsure how to explain this concept in a way that hasn't already been explained in the thread. I'll try to lay it out, ask me some more specifics if I'm just not getting it.

It's a pool of points that already has a value that can come into play in just about every action in the system, like dust. It can fuel and enhance the actions of heroes, like dust. It also allows us to keep the magical properties of dust without spoiling them by writing a list of hard-coded shit it can and can't do. Dust is a god element. Dust can do exactly what the story demands it to do, dust can affect people differently, people can utilize dust uniquely, dust can be magic, which is exactly the way it needs to be to retain the feel of the setting. Fate points are already that open and have a system built around them.

Dust as currency is slightly different and I think people are hyper-fixating on it because it's the only real capacity in which dust exists on an empire scale, which we're most used to dealing with. However while dust is the money of the setting and super important to work with in that context, on a personal rpg-level scale from the perspective of heroes, it's much more than just money.

>>53282041
Read the thread.
>>
>>53282371
So, you would get Attuned Dust (working title) for letting your Aspects mess with your plans, hurting yourself as an Ardent, soul siphoning as a Broken Lord, etc, and these Attuned Dust can then be spent (metabolized) to do whatever magic shit is appropriate for the character?
>>
File: What you see with True Sight.png (142KB, 213x250px) Image search: [Google]
What you see with True Sight.png
142KB, 213x250px
>>53282041
We must lovingly accept our video brothers, for we are their progenitors. With open arms, we have an obligation to assist them in all things conversion, to enjoy their games in the purest of forms.
>>
>>53282526
That's exactly what I was thinking, yeah.

Gain from aspects (keeping in mind the argent and broken Lord stuff would be aspects) and refresh to spend on magical dust schannigans.

I'd say you could also gain from dust consumption but it seems that might be up in the air.
>>
>>53282742
Are Fate points designed to be how general, standard combat/utility magic is conducted?

I should probably just find a copy of the game and stop pestering anons for details.

As for consuming dust, there are a bunch of canon dust-laden edible substances in the setting. So, people deliberately eating dust isn't unheard of, but I don't remember any references to said dust food giving anybody special powers. Just one reference to the drug Dustwater being used as a peyote analog.
>>
are they gonna add anything for influence in ES2? by turn 100 i'm swimming in it and have nothing to spend it on
>>
>>53284150
>spoiler
It's free Anon
>>
>>53284257
Are you using laws?
>>
>>53284150
Google fate srd. It's all up there. You may want to pay attention to the magic section also.
>>
>>53256324
My only real complaint with Vaulter female leaders is that as far as I'm aware, none of the Vaulters seem to have a problem with this.

And as far as "tradition" works as a reasoning, I can't help but feel like I'm cheated out of drama/story because of it. But as I've mentioned in a prior thread, I was introduced to them via ES1, where story was light and the Vaulters just sorta were presented as this ideal society.
>>
>>53284629
>And as far as "tradition" works as a reasoning, I can't help but feel like I'm cheated out of drama/story because of it.
What is the reason anyway?
>>
>>53284680
I don't recall a specific reason ever being given. Which I'm fine with, not everything needs to be explained.

I just never like single-gender ruling systems not creating some sort of tension. It's a fun thing to explore.
>>
>>53270013
I'd say feed
>>
>>53282041
have a (You), looks like you need it to feed your whelps
>>
How would pearls fit into the mechanics?
They're used technologically to do some funky shit, built burning sauron eye towers of justice, help people see through the dark of winter, etc.
And the Allayi use them to shift without the need for winter, so there's some magic shit to it beyond its properties as a material
>>
>>53284680

Well, we live in a society that is/was patriarchal in structure for hundreds of years and it is generating a lot of tension based on it.

The Vaulters are scientifically pragmatic fellows, who by all standards use "reason" to make decisions. After a while someone would question the merits of ALWAYS having females on positions of power...

Also, think the Broken Lords questline, half of it is about conflict between honor/vampirizing Dust, and Vaulters don't get a simple throwaway line in some hero description about the feminist society they live in?
>>
>>53286850
A pearl can be expended by an Allayi to force a transformation. How Allayi adapt is currently yet to be abstracted.

Otherwise, from an individual character perspective, pearls are just valuable objects to sell to engineers or the state. A PC isn't likely to build pearl-based magic architecture on their own dime, I imagine.
>>
>>53284629
It's not a particularly interesting conflict for the devs to explore, and probably for most players either.
It's not like most games set in the real world explore tensions related to most leaders being male.

>>53287700
The honor/vampirizing conflict is WAAAAY more interesting, at least in my opinion. I'm betting most people would agree.
>>
>>53284411
>Are you using laws?
Are there any that aren't garbage? The only ones that even offer good bonuses are the ones with no Influence upkeep in the first place.
>>
>>53287700
>The Vaulters are scientifically pragmatic fellows, who by all standards use "reason" to make decisions.
I'm not sure where you're getting that from. They're good at technology, yes, but one of their major themes is that a lot of them just want to stick their head in the sand and keep doing what they've always done. They're not as overt about it as the Drakken or the Allayi, but they're very conservative and dogmatic in their own way.
>>
>>53286850
Pearls are pretty tacked on in the game, so it's he pretty hard to implement them in a way that wasn't tacked on in the rpg. They're important to the Allayi though. I suppose they could be used to shift their summer form aspect into a winter form aspect and vice versa.
>>
>>53288787
I know it's not very interesting, but to gloss over seems just...meh.

Though I can't pretend I'm the norm for opinions. I find the UE the most interesting ES2 faction.
>>
>>53287700
>Well, we live in a society that is/was patriarchal in structure for hundreds of years and it is generating a lot of tension based on it.
Because we are physically stronger than females. Hyenas have the opposite dimophism and so it's a matriarchal society.
>>
>>53290595
I always imagined that Auriga had great machines under the surface just creating and churning out dust nonstop, which is why it's fucking everywhere. These machines are in bad repair these days and heavily malfunction when Winter happens (which is like a planetary brownout)

Pearls are a side effect of the dust machines, a kind of fucked up side product that some races found a use for, especially the Allayi.
>>
>>53287700
I always thought the Vaulter ship may have had a female captain or something, and as they regressed their society became matriarchal as a reflection of that
>>
>>53290777
I have no problem for them not having a justification. It's just, well; female generals. Why not. It's different.
>>
>>53290721
>-archy depends entirely on physical strength
[citation needed]

>>53290798
>Why not
Honestly all the justification we need.
>>
Who in this universe is the most /operator/?

Also does Earth exist or not?
>>
>>53292948
Likely the Mezari with their space marines.
>>
So is the solution for taking planets just sticking the +200 manpower modules on defense ships and invading after your regular combat fleet secures the system?

Manpower seemed really confusing at first but now that I go for patriot pills over exotic rations I can actually fill up a fleet.
>>
>>53293181
Siege modules help to deplete system defense too, but otherwise yes.
>>
>>53292948
>>53293102
Allayi Super Warrior Monks.

(puff)
>>
>>53293291
I love the puffboys, but they ain't /operator/
>>
What the fuck is this shit?
http://endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Monk
>>
>>53293344
They are OP.

OP

rator

>>53293434
The worst stacking munchkinry of the game.
>>
>>53293529
I meant more the sorry state of the wiki, but I'll take your word for it. The only time I've played against Allayi is against my incompetent friends or they're the ai that gets the short end of the stick luck wise.
>>
>>53292948
In Endless Legend, most likely either the Mezari or Forgotten.
In Endless Space, probably the Mavros minor faction or the United Empire.
>>
>>53294894
Also, to answer the other question, Earth does NOT exist. The Endless universe is its own beast, though it contains some real world star systems as possible random names in both ES1 and ES2.
>>
>>53270972

Not really, none of the factions really would ally with each other for more than a little bit.
>>
so who's got the best ship layouts in 2? Riftborn?
>>
>>53296886
In early access, yes, though some thing might change on release.
>>
>>53294908
>Earth does NOT exist. The Endless universe is its own beast
That's up in the air. The Endless Galaxy is definitely not the Milky Way, however. Nor is it even as close as Andromeda. If Earth exists, it's in a completely different galaxy from where the games take place.
>>
>>53297866
is it not entirely possible the endless galaxy is the supergalaxy formed after the collision of the milky way and the andromeda?
>>
>>53292948
United Empire in ES2.
>>
Endless reminder that Concretes > Virtuals.
>>
The cult will bring peace.
>>
>general

Kill yourself Jesus Christ, I have nothing against the occasional endless legend/space thread but it's discussion does not warrant a goddamn general
>>
>>53300424
Move along faggot.
>>
>>53238378
>What is Endless Legend?

A 4x in a science fantasy setting. You play standard fantasy tropes, but subverted because it's in fact a science fiction setting where magic is nanobot and shit, where elves are really aliens, etc.

The lore and the design.

>What makes it so uninteresting?

Absolutely everything else. The management is poor, the gameplay is poor, the choices are poor. It is slow, boring, and as deep as a puddle.

Civilization, but even less deep.
>>
>>53296886
>>53293434
>>53293529
plz discuss lore and homebrewing here and keep the talking about the vidya games on /vg/
>>
GIMME RANDOM EFFECTS FROM SNORTING DUST!

Damaging stats, increasing stats, changing hardness or color of skin, growing bone spines, hallucinating, obtaining ability to eat stone...
>>
>>53300655
Going berserk, enhanced senses, getting a boner
>>
>>53300713
so that's how Queenslayer murdered his hive mama

Moar
>>
Just realised why we're getting a few shitheads in here whining about the General title. >>53300282 A whole thread for whining about Generals...good Christ, must /tg/ fall to cancer like this?
>>
File: image (124).jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
image (124).jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>53300826
Just don't use word "General" i nnext OP. Why do people have obsessing with tacking this word on everything?
Bitching and moaning general, group drama general, that guy/gm general, WHY
>>
>>53300861
I don't give a fuck about the General in the title, I just like EL and wanna be able to throw a couple of players through it on the tabletop. Mostly just annoyed at people shitting up the thread with their whining.
>>
>>53300886
I'm mostly lurking and talking when the subject is actually /tg/.
I hate people using these threads as an excuse to talk about video games, I just stop replying when that starts, but it still makes me annoyed.
/vg/ and /v/ exist for that, I don't care if they suck, go back there if you're not here to talk about making conversions.

I still didn't get anyone talking about a system where you could reliably roleplay dust without separating dust into one used for money and another used for spells and so on. I'm really looking for one where I a single value could be given to dust no matter what form it has, without it falling apart through loopholes
>>
>>53302754
Is money-dust same as casting-dust? Dosn't it have to go through some process to be used for casting and such?
>>
>>53302754
To be fair /vg/ and /v/ would not see a good game even if they got raped by it.
>>
>>53302754
But money dust is literally not the same thing as casting dust. They come from the same source and one can come from the other bit they're shown to be different things my dude. You need to first do something to dust to be able to cast spells with it and you can increase that amount without dipping into your wallet. I get that you like the idea but it isn't reflective of the endless series. They're different pools powered by one another.

I would also like to point out that none of the "make muni" factions cast spells with it.
>>
>>53302854
There's nothing implying it. Dust is everywhere. For a broken lord there's no difference between one that they gathered from a person or from the ambient, there's not even a process shown, they just collect and consume it. For spells, it seems they need to be able to channel it somehow with pillars and through pain rituals, but after that, mages can float around indefinetely and cast spells through the dust near them. I was thinking of making areas as regular, dust rich and dust poor and that'd define what spells one could use with no cost and for larger things you'd need to actually use whatever dust you had.

>>53302992
It is though, since dust is just nanobots and magic is just manipulating them to control energy. To do that you need to both have dust (which is everywhere in Auriga) and knowledge of how to use it. If you have both, even though you don't understand what they really are, you can direct such bots to change potential difference and create a lightning bolt or similar, but you need dust nearby, mages don't change dust, they change themselves so they can direct the dust that's already there. The make dust guys simply know it's valuable and gather it for other uses, you'd collect gold even though you probably can't smelt or do anything with it.

>>53302886
So? Every board is better for discussing things that aren't their subject. I've had better talks about tabletop than here plenty of times, but that's not what those boards are for.

>>>/vg/177032057
If you want to discuss the gameplay mechanics there are proper places for it.
>>
>>53302754
>spoiler
I was thinking of making it so that the amount of dust spend on magic effects how powerful it is, though it'd have to use a fairly freeform system for this to work. I was originally thinking of basing it on WEG's D6 system, where you would spend dust based on the amount of dice you wanted, with the cost increasing with every dice bought.
>>53302992
The Broken Lords literally make their population out of the stuff.
>>
>>53303060
Yes. They change themselves by taking the dust into themselves or getting more in touch with the dust that's there. Ie the primary dust magic people: the argent mages. They don't cast directly from the dust pile in front of them.

But what we do have evidence of is heroes getting their hero superpowers from coming into contact with and ingesting a fucktonne of dust.

>>53303068
The Broken Lords are also made of dust. Dust they get by sucking it out of people as opposed to the wallets of those people. They don't feel guilty because they have a tax policy that's too harsh. They're not casting spells in a way that would be relevant to a player character.
>>
>>53300628
Listen. You are basing a game on a game. Understand the game first.
>>
>>53303068
>>53303060
>>53302992
I think the difference here is scale. I keep telling people, Endless Legend as a game is about empires, so not everything about it is applicable to player characters. With the exception of Broken Lord healing, the kind of magic you have to actually invest Dust for is pretty high up there in terms of power level, like constructing buildings in a single day, or affecting big swathes of land with an Ardent pillar.

My take on it is that the various rituals devised by the different mages on Auriga are cargo cult methods that both lets them channel Dust safely and reliably, but also efficiently enough that the trace amounts in their surroundings are enough for regular spells. As such, I don't think you should really be forced to pay for spellcasting unless you're trying to pull something big.

>>53303185
>But what we do have evidence of is heroes getting their hero superpowers from coming into contact with and ingesting a fucktonne of dust.
Not really. It's fairly reliable at uplifting necrophages to humanoid intelligence, and there's one Walker hero who regained his sanity from it after Sharing for too long, but I don't think there's any text that says it grants actual powers to people just like that.
>>
>>53303290
I dont think i've read a single bit of hero text in endless space 2 that didn't involve the hero in question becoming a hero due to contact with dust. Endless experiments included.
>>
I mostly finished equipment, now I need a random table for nom-nomming Dust.
How big? 100 or 200?
>>
>>53303343
Write down your ideas first then decide. You want the table to be as big as it can be without throwing in lame ideas that don't really work out in play or wind up as "you pretty much can't play this character anymore".
>>
>>53303357
>wind up as "you pretty much can't play this character anymore".
Why not? You knew the risks of drinking a gallon of raw dustwater.
>>
>>53303364
Because it's not particularly interesting and isn't the result of a failed test. Dust also isn't shown to be that dangerous in reasonable doses. It's not warp magic.

But no by all means put a result on there that says "your character turns into a ghost and can't effect the world, nobody can hear him. This is irreversible." Because they're asking for it by utilising a setting mechanic.
>>
>>53303407
>Dust also isn't shown to be that dangerous in reasonable doses.
Yes.
>>
>>53303343
Well keep writting and see which you are closer too.
>>
File: you are weird.png (105KB, 277x311px) Image search: [Google]
you are weird.png
105KB, 277x311px
I'm surprised to see discussion about Endless here.
>>
>>53303185
Where does it say mages put dust inside themselves? The rituals only involve pain and understanding it
>>
1-25 severely harmful effect, 26-50 harmful effect, 51-75 beneficial effect, 76-100 severely beneficial effect
Small amounts of Dust restrict effects to
just harmful/beneficial, big amounts of god-crack are where real fun begins.
>>
>>53303498
Note the second part of that statement. "Getting more in touch with the dust that's there". Dust is all over the place. In the air and in living things. It's part of the point of the setting. The endless got fucking everywhere. The hyperfocus on dust as currency and all dust being currency just comes from the scale of the games because that's the only capacity it can exist there.
>>
>>53298763
Huh, I suppose it could be. If it is, that puts it on a timeline long after Earth's destruction due to the sun expanding, though, since the Milky Way and Andromeda don't even reach each other for 4 billion years, and won't reform into a coherent galaxy for longer than that. It would give the various human subspecies truly ancient origins.
>>
>>53303327
Really? It's the exception rather than the norm in Legend, not counting the necrophages. Most of the heroes are just skilled individuals.
>>
>>53303772
Well just about every hero in Endless Space comes from The academy, which I think is different than the one in legend?

I haven't read every hero description and have only played one complete game in it so I may have just gotten the few that did.
>>
fuckit, I'll do dust sniffing fuckery next time
http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/H1JbpGixW
>>
I don't know about you nerds, but I like the sheer scope of the Endless Galaxy, and the way constellations of hyperlanes compartmentalized it all. Any system we put together should be equally viable whether you're on a single planet like Auriga, a single constellation, or an entire galactic game.

Basically, I want whatever we make to be true to the Endless series, and not just be exclusively Legend.

On an unrelated note, what do you guys think of the name Heroes of the Endless? Based on the naming conventions of Endless Space, Endless Legend, and Dungeon of the Endless, Endless X is reserved for strategy games where you control an entire faction, while X of the Endless would be for everything else. I think it fits here.
>>
What's with all the faggots that feel the need to come in here and get mad at us for talking about Endless stuff in /tg/? Do they have nothing better to do?
>>
>>53304178
Shut up about meta shit and start talking about endless in the context of tabletop games. We were off the subject and you try to ignite it again? Honestly.
>>
So..what does dust taste or smell like?
>>
>>53304228
Sorry, was just pissed off at people deciding to be no-fun police.

Anyway, do y'all think the Marines know how to use sword and board? I know they always has xbows, but we see a lot of Vaulters with swords as well.
>>
>>53302754
>>53303068
When I DM D&D 5e and a spell calls for "material components worth x gp," I just let my players expend gp directly. My justification is that the exact materials don't matter, just that they represent a certain worth to the players.
You could do something similar for Dust, except it would be more literal.
Would be similar to what >>53303060 said - minor spells don't need much more than ambient Dust, but powerful spells require some expenditure.
>>
>>53303185
>But what we do have evidence of is heroes getting their hero superpowers from coming into contact with and ingesting a fucktonne of dust.
What's the evidence? (Honest question)

>>53303559
This. Note that in DotE, dust is used exclusively as a power source, not a currency (well, no more than the other FIDS).

>>53303894
No single system would work for all of that, just like we don't use the same systems for dungeon-delving and large-scale battles in the Warhammer Fantasy universe.
>>
>>53303818
>It feels like I fucked over bounded accuracy so much
You really did, m8. Weapons should not grant +AC in 5e.
Also, +1 initiative is a really lame bonus.
>>
>>53305468
>what evidence
The particular one that I was thinking about was the frogmafia hero that grew up away from frogmafia civilisation. He got into an altercation with some endless doodads.

The process of becoming a hero was described in such a way that makes me believe they're not just skilled normal dudes.
>>
>>53305656
>>53305468
Yelchin Ordara-Arrakyo was his name.
>>
>>53303327
That's not true at all, half of the horatios are just ones that are a little more perfect than usual. Same goes for Riftborn and so on.
There's an Unfallen hero who is just one because he's very good at war simulations
>>
>>53305853
>I dont think i've read...
>that's not true at all!
What? Are you spying on me or something?
>>
>>53305468
>What's the evidence? (Honest question)
I know that one of the UE heroes got hit by artillery which blew open a dust crater, he then singlehandedly tore down the enemy's fortress. He got many medals and a promotion when the Empire found him, for he is an inspiration to us all.
>>
>>53305985
Why are you commenting if you haven't read all descriptions then?
>>
Lube up your ears.

https://soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
>>
>>53304396
Why wouldn't they? Being always crossbow is a game convention for the sake of balance, I think
>>
>>53305468
>No single system would work for all of that
I strongly disagree. A FATE hack would work perfectly for it. There's already a cluster (constellation) generation system in Diaspora, a city/region generation system in Dresden Files, and the way Aspects work mean that it's all broadly workable at different setting scales - regardless of whether you're a Broken Lord trying to survive on Auriga or a Vodyani on a personal crusade up and down a spiral arm.

It lends itself to the sort of narrative-heavy, lore-heavy play that people want from the setting, and there's a broad enough swath of FATE hacks to steal liberally from.
>>
>>53306155
>we have evidence that coming into contact with large amounts of dust can supercharge you into a hero
>not really apart from nacrophages and other uplifts
>I've read otherwise as all the ones I've read in endless space 2 involve exposure to dust
Because whether or nor i have isnt relevent. Retard.
>>
>>53305515
>Also, +1 initiative is a really lame bonus.
Whatcha suggest to replace it with? Bigger number, more movement?
>>
>>53306285
Ohhh yesss.
>>
>>53306316
>narrative-heavy, lore-heavy play that people want from the setting
Is this well-established? Because I personally wouldn't mind something more crunchy.

>>53306341
Wouldn't be awful to give advantage to initiative (the equivalent of a +5 or so).
>>
>>53306377
Sounds good. Will do
>>
>>53306316
This. FATE is scalable and open. It lends itself well to something as open as the endless series. Going crunch with it would just got everything down and ruin the magic of it all. Not to mention turning characters from concepts and into builds. That being said: space and legends should have different books running on the same principles with easy crossover. Like 40krpg.
>>
>>53306377
>Is this well-established?
Fairly, yes. People are primarily interested in the Endless setting for its lore, mood, and narratives - not for any kind of particular mechanical rigor. That's based on what I've seen in these threads, at any rate.
>>
Did you gather Fate-stuff in a single thing? a pastebin or google doc
>>
>>53306551
We're nowhere near the point of doing that yet.
>>
oh shit bumplimit
>>
>>53306826
Next person to make the thread, include the soundcloud link in the OP.
>>
>>53306468
Fair enough. I'll still keep an eye out for >>53306398's stuff, but I won't try to fight the prevailing attitudes.

>>53306869
But don't call it a "general" because that apparently triggers people.
>>
>>53306869
I was too hasty.
>>53306915
Prevailing attitudes?

>>53306875
>>
>>53306946
>Prevailing attitudes?
Generals are the new Quest Threads, in that anyone who doesn't participate in them loathes them.
>>
>>53306946
>>53306962
>Prevailing attitudes
I just meant that if most people are sold on FATE I won't try to argue against it.
>>
>>53307036
Ayy, that. System and edition wars are dumdum.
>>
>>53307066
Have you tried Dungeon World
>>
>>53307112
No. Is it worth trying?
>>
>>53307179
Not really

Seriously though:
It tries to do for D&D what Apocalypse World does for post-apoc settings. It's not spectacular at accomplishing that. Mostly it's there for collaborative open-ended storytelling in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>53307210
Yeah the main issue with dungeon world is that it's trying to be dnd rather than fantasy adventure. You don't need another system to tell silly dnd logic stories: you have dnd for that. A _____ worlds system is to get a way from that limiting crunch. It just sort of ends up being the worst of both worlds.
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.