[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is apparently a Living Card Game. What the fuck is an LCG?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: YomiLogoHigh.png (62KB, 308x294px) Image search: [Google]
YomiLogoHigh.png
62KB, 308x294px
This is apparently a Living Card Game. What the fuck is an LCG?
>>
Same as a TCG but when a new set comes out you buy it all at once in a box.
>>
>>53237020
In most LCGs you have the defined cardpool that you purchase all at once, but you still build your own deck from that. In Yomi, at least, you don't build your deck so to say. Each deck has a very particular set of cards in it that are not interchangeable. I don't think LCG is the correct term for Yomi. It's a game of interchangeable decks.
>>
>>53237219
All card games are games of interchangeable decks, some games are just more honest about it than others. A huge part of stepping up from being a scrub in any card game is knowing that decks are more so chosen than they are invented.

I realize this is only true to a point. There is room for originality, but many players think of card games as something that's about personal invention when the reality is far from it.
>>
I understand what an LCG is but I do not understand what is meant by "living."
>>
>>53240671
it means they can release updates, so the game isn't "finished".
>>
>>53236780
Not capitalized. LCG as a marketing concept is owned by FFG. So, even though the community uses the term to mean "game that plays like a CCG, but has no collectible value/ uses non-random distribution," Other companies can't call them that. So if Sirlan called it a living card game, he has to write it without capitals, not as an acronym, and mean the the game is still going, rather than claiming he's using a an LCG-esque release format.
>>
Codex is a better example of an LCG imo (although neither is getting updates any time soon AFAIK).
>>
Can we have a Sirlin Games thread?

I know /bgg/ exists, but you can't post any Sirlin games there without it turning into a shitfest.
>>
It's a card game but not a "collectible" one since you don't collect packs over time. Instead there is a very limited pool that tend to be released in large sets.

In other words if you have the game plus an expansion and someone else has the game and an expansion, you will both have the same set of cards to choose from. No random chance in pulling from boosters or whatever. Most are designed to be played from one set anyway.

They call them "living" because they release expansion packs and probably just wanted something for marketing to make sound more agreeable than CCG.
>>
>>53245944
I miss kongai, his digital card game. It was dead AF last time I checked.

That said, sirlin can be cringey.
>>
>>53246438
Yeah, me too. I wish he used damage ranges instead of hit/miss chance, but otherwise it was a great game.

Been thinking about tripping it off...

And yeah, the man is cringe incarnate.
>>
>>53236780
Yomi the forces or the army of Yami the dark being.
>>
>>53246485
>And yeah, the man is cringe incarnate.
He wouldn't be if he could take even the slightest criticism. He practically banned me from his forums because I offered tweaks for Chess 2.
>>
>>53249231
If you want to criticize anything he does, be prepared with 5000 word essay, citations, match replays and statistical analysis, preferably with two control groups.

If you do that, though, he is likely to yield.

But it doesn't leave space for any subjective discussion, which is imo why his early games didn't do as good as they could have.
>>
>>53249595
Don't get me wrong, his playing to win articles articulated something that frustrated people with functioning brains for years. It's just that about at 2009-ish he started getting a bit crazy. He wrote multiple articles and forum posts about how the macbook pro was the best gaming device of the time for its cost. He and his entourage were also super freaked out that blazblue calamity trigger was *gasp* SLIGHTLY different from guilty gear.

If you want to have a good time, go onto his forums and tell them that blazblue has more in common with guilty gear xx and that xrd is a much more drastic re imagining than blazblue. This is objectively true and isn't a good or bad thing, but his crew will go nuts and give you 9000 replies.
>>
>>53249953
I totally agree that BB is different from GG for the worse, though...

But yeah.

Also, feel free to mention the hitbox, and how unfair it is for those with sticks (then try to see him justify why sticks were fair before pad support became a thing).
>>
>>53251535
Which GG?

BBCT was a smaller evolution from XX, but Xrd has some drastic changes. The side walls in Xrd are much closer, and the character sprites are so tall that standing normals cover half the screen. Yellow roman cancel is completely different from red/blue roman cancel.

BB has changed a lot and is now very different from CT, but GGXX^core was practically an alpha test for BBCT mechanics. ^ is when they added slides, bounces, and splats to the engine to give more combo extending options.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.