[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

3D Printing General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Why is /tg/ so salty about 3D Printing?

Ash just made a review about it and the models look awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Q3PEsPBRo&t=10s

You can 3D Print Scenery and you can 3D Print Tanks. Why is /tg/ so butthurt about it?
>>
I'm an engineer and I use it pretty often. I'm butthurt when people who don't understand how this hechnology actually works think that it's the "future of wargaming" and it's going to "kill the GW". If actually open your picture, you could see "ladders" and models in OP-video are toy-tier.
>>
>>53233693
We know about it, reddit, you're not a revolutionary.
>>
>>53233793
"Ladders" are pretty minimal. You forgot that it cost almost noting to print.
>>
>>53233909
Except the printer.
>>
>>53233938

You mean a couple hundred bucks? It's still cheaper to just print.
>>
This here, >>53233793
The 3D printing is always praised, like VR, that we dont know if its a fan, a chill or a troll.
Andvthis makes us reacting, its not salty but some are butthurt and claim it to be salty.
>>
>>53233977
>You mean a couple hundred bucks?
Coule of hundred bucks can only guarantee you shit quality. Consider expenses in service and materials and it becomes pretty overpriced toy for what it does.
>>
>>53234045
>Coule of hundred bucks can only guarantee you shit quality.

That's because the files are crap.

Have you even used 3D Printers?
>>
>>53234109
I did >>53233793
And now I honestly think that you are either trolling or just don't understand what are you talking about.
>>
>>53233693
because people think you can get quality minis from 3d printing, and right now with the technology you just cant, until you can get a gw quality mini for less then half the price per mini its just not worth it, yeah you can print ladders and such, but you know what, those are not hard to make yourself and not worth a 3d printer
>>
>>53234137
>>53233793

No, I think you don't know what you are talking about. You sounds like one of those guys that send 3D models extracted from videogame, then blame the printer for the shitty print even though it's your model that is unprintable.

I print tanks and building with my Prusia and it's well worth the cost.

>>53234148
Tanks and Scenery are good enough for me.
>>
>>53234109
You clearly have not.
>>
>>53234237
have you handled 3d printed things before? the green in ashs video makes it hard to see but they have these textured lines that when you paint them is really noticeable, thats my major concern with 3d printed stuff right now. that and the fact that you can order recasts from china for a quarter of the price of a model makes investing in 3d stuff really iffy right now
>>
>>53234237
>I print tanks and building with my Prusia and it's well worth the cost.
Post them.
>>
>>53234237
Mate, the resolution on cheap commercial 3d printers has its limits. You may be happy with the quality of prints but I am not. There is still much room for improvement.
>>
I print all of my tanks for Flames of War with a 3D printer. It works out surprisingly well, especially if you use acetone to get rid of stepping. I have heard that SLA gets rid of stepping entirely as well, but those printers are more expensive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.