[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when DM's take it all away.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: gdagsdfs.jpg (116KB, 1226x1112px) Image search: [Google]
gdagsdfs.jpg
116KB, 1226x1112px
>fighting swamp wyvern
>character is kitted out with expensive armor and magical weapons
>wyvern spits on me and I fail to dodge it
>take a tiny bit of damage
huh that weird
>my armor melts
ahh shit didn't account for that
>DM tells me I have to lose one of my pristine sword or my magic axe
>pristine weapons aren't special in anyway other than being immune to acid and magic weapons only damaged on a natrual 1 savings throw
>tell him this and instantly calls rule 0
>lose my armor, my rings of protection, and my shield and my pristine sword
>kill the wyvern without any trouble and we look for a magic bow that we came fore
>magic bow didn't exists and we came for nothing
>I was gonna make you lose everything but I thought that was too much
I'm lucky then huh

this is why we have rules for shit like this, inexperienced DM's are the worst. I stocked up on magic items to avoid just this.
>>
>>53231114
Rules were never going to help you.

The DM was trying to TPK.
>>
>>53231114
>When GM's have a petty personal vendetta against you or your character
>>
>>53231114
Two things.
What is your character?
Make sure you sell that Wyvern skin, or turn it into clothes.

I smell a magical realm coming along.
>>
>>53231227
>half orc
>AC of the dragon is low but I can probably sell it as genuine dragon leather or at least make some light armor from it
>DM's been hinting that he's going full magical realm
>he's has NPC's flirting with our characters.
>>
>>53231273
I knew it.
Make sure you turn the dragon leather into leather armor then, to show of your characters muscles.
Or don't wear anything at all.
>>
>>53231114
And that's why you play a spellcaster who is not as dependent on gear as martials are. Sure, he might take away your spellbook but there's always the option to play a Sorcerer.
>>
>>53231114
That's what you get for not rolling up a luchanon
>>
File: Are you serious.jpg (37KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Are you serious.jpg
37KB, 480x360px
>>53231327
>play a sorcerer
>get Eschew Materials so I don't have to keep track of things like bat guano for fireballs, feathers for feather fall and etc.
>DM still makes me track and use spell components because "reasons".
>Lose spell component pouch during a fight.
>mfw DM says I cant cast spells with material components until I replace all of them.
>>
>>53231147
I think he badly wants a TPK just so he can make us feel that the stakes are higher but he wants to do it in a "fair" way. but it's impossible due to the sheer bullshit homebrew classes he let into the campaign.

seeing as I'm the only non homebrew class he's probably trying to kill my character just to add some drama.
>>
>>53231387
See? That's the beauty of it. Play a Sorcerer with Eschew materials and it'll be painfully obvious when they fuck with you
>>
>>53231114
Quit the game and find a better GM.

Or BE a GM and show him how it's actually supposed to be done.
>>
>>53231313
>>53231273
>>53231227
>>53231114
Better learn how to turn yourself into a Vespa in a hurry.
>beep beep
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.