[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with your group dissolving?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1480317763225.jpg (111KB, 372x877px) Image search: [Google]
1480317763225.jpg
111KB, 372x877px
How do you deal with your group dissolving?
>>
How long was the group active?
>>
I make a new group somehow, by separating the wheat from the chaff until I get a new one. Will it be the old one? No. But I hope the new one will bring me another kind of joy.
>>
>>53229798
Figure out what I could have done better.
Determine if I want to keep in contact with anyone.
Start studying a new system to get over the time I put into the last one.
>>
File: aj_styles_wants_none.gif (1015KB, 500x306px) Image search: [Google]
aj_styles_wants_none.gif
1015KB, 500x306px
My group had to dissolve since we were in college and half of them graduated, any good play by post resources so we can at least keep part of it together. I need my gaming fix.
>>
>>53230157
Why not just use roll20 or discord?
>>
>>53230157
If you feel like cludging it, then google docs works.

Time consuming to type shit if you're playing live, though.
>>
Group was my wife and me with two other couples. DM and his wife moved up north, and computer play would pretty much either be impossible or nightmarish because the other coups is in their 60s and computer illiterate.

I miss it so much... it was the right amounts of goofy shit and serious roleplay... every new game is just stupid murder hobo
>>
>>53229798
Neutralise whatever's doing it, or get them to sign their stuff over to you.
>>
>>53229798
>How do you deal with a group dissolving?
Poorly.
>>
Try to make sure my next group is less salty.
>>
>>53229798
Not having a group in the first place :^)
;_;
>>
File: 5UXARbO_d.jpg (34KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
5UXARbO_d.jpg
34KB, 500x250px
I have no other friends
>>
>>53229798
I think about the last episodes of Cowboy Beebop and the phrase "you're gonna carry that weight". You came together as a group, partly by chance and partly on purpose. You had some rough patches, some adventures, and some good times. You might have even become friends over it all. But now forces beyond your control are pulling you apart. You're burdened with the weight of your memories, of good times and bad, your regrets, your history. It's a heavy weight to carry on with your life. But boy, you're gonna carry that weight. You're gonna carry it for a long time. I'm not saying it won't be hard, or you won't wish you weren't burdened by it. But no matter what you CAN carry it, you WILL carry that weight. Because sometimes, all you can do is shoulder your burden, wave, and say "see you space cowboy" before walking off into the sunset.
>>
>>53229798
>How do you deal with your group dissolving?

I'd try to get as much of them as I can in separate buckets before running off to find the nearest cleric, priest, druid, or shaman to revive them.

I was gonna say maybe sponge them up, but I think that would fuck up the resurrection.
>>
Cry, anon.

If you made an honest effort to keep it going, but people still bailed, don't blame yourself because you did your best. Blame the flakey fuckers who ruined your group because they wouldn't commit.
>>
>>53229798
Hotglue them so they stick together.
>>
File: Classic-Mop.png (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Classic-Mop.png
176KB, 600x600px
>>53229798
>>
File: 1494271278839.jpg (630KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1494271278839.jpg
630KB, 1200x1600px
>>53231024

This is what my college group has been doing. Currently three years since we all graduated and we're still going strong.

Now I just have to worry about kids and relationships affecting things. Got 3 dudes in our group married and one has a 1 year old. So far things are good.
>>
>>53230157
roll20 is great. i was in a similar situation to you a couple years back when my friends and i were all going off to different unis, and we've had an ongoing roll20 game for almost 2 years now.

i do miss face to face gaming, but there's also a lot of cool stuff thats much better via online play that i've enjoyed leaning into- stuff like passing notes to players is much easier when you can just shoot them a pm.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.