[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 2f9f5459b6a1534ef03f3c0fd0f552ea.jpg (382KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2f9f5459b6a1534ef03f3c0fd0f552ea.jpg
382KB, 1000x1000px
What sort of power themes/superpowers has a GM used in your games that have been memorable?
What sort of powers do you think it would be fun to face in the hands of a creative GM?
Personally I think a character that uses different kinds of barries could be really interesting to face.
>>
File: 5d76ef2b331f91dc195b5c999286728b.jpg (271KB, 2152x1100px) Image search: [Google]
5d76ef2b331f91dc195b5c999286728b.jpg
271KB, 2152x1100px
Please, I wish to hear your stories and ideas.
:ยด(
>>
>>53229553
It really depends on if you're playing in a tactical game or in one without a grid, I think. I once had a GM try to use the idea of combined robots that could turn into vehicles against me, and while his take on it was... very flat and boring, I really like the idea and will probably use it in the future.

Basically, our fight with a giant robot ended when we cut through the knee joint and jumped in through a passage the damage revealed. We found the chest cockpit. (the execution was boring because it was empty, and any attempt to control the robot ourselves was met with "your commands are overriden remotely).

I'm not sure how much I like the idea of a bad guy making barriers, because breaking them has no payoff if they can just make more, and it feels like it could turn the fight into a slog. The only good payoff for multiple barriers is when the main character manages to overwhelm them all at once after a powerup or something, I think.

One idea I've never seen used is evil speedsters. I think it'd be interesting to have an enemy who can completely wipe you out through simple action economy, even in a narrative context. How could you even deal with that?
>>
>>53230730
>One idea I've never seen used is evil speedsters. I think it'd be interesting to have an enemy who can completely wipe you out through simple action economy, even in a narrative context. How could you even deal with that?
I think, for that to work, the players would have to have had an encounter with the villain, or atleast a good understanding of their power.
Then they make a huge trap (that activates fast enough), probably a group of traps, and try to get the speedster to spring them.
>>
>>53230800
That sounds like it should fail, though. Not sure why, it just doesn't sound like it's a satisfying solution I guess?
>>
>>53230877
It could fail, though maybe the speedster could get weakened from all the shit that's been thrown at him? Make him still go fast, but now with a fighting chance?
>>
>>53230730
>evil speedster
but.. any good villain would wipe the floor with them and preferably kill them before they could become problems in the future.

You could go the Bond-villain route.. but why?
Otherwise you end up with goofy villains who slip on atomic bananapeels.

You don't battle an evil speedster without your own speedster
>>
>>53230989
What if it's a family of speedsters? Scurry, Scramble and Skitter tag buildings while grandaddy Crank-Up watches out for the big guys
>>
File: bugs-bunny-photos-7.jpg (115KB, 945x525px) Image search: [Google]
bugs-bunny-photos-7.jpg
115KB, 945x525px
I haven't put this on paper yet but the power to bluff, trick and stupify the players with a villain essentially being Bugs Bunny. Whenever a player interacts with them socially, whether it's talking, intimidating, or bluffing, Bugs Bunny will always have the upper hand. And even in combat, if he's able to get in contact with a player, he can tamper or steal the player's equipment or the player themselves if allowed to.

Bugs Bunny is a formidable CHA/DEX Rogue with the power to always make his opponent appear dumb.
>>
>>53231067
well is it a family of good or evil speedsters?
Because if one Zoom-like villain is bad.. Just wait until you find out Zoom is the younger/least talented speedster in the family and everyone calls him Zlow.
The middle child sister who has a thing for scissors and running with them.
The big jock older brother who is faster and basically uses his speed as a way of transportation and thug-fighting and no creative uses of the speed like.. vibrating through attacks or anything.
Then you have Pop-pop who is less a speedster and more of a guy who has a domain in which people and time move at 1/1000 of normal.
Mommy is a decent speedster who drains other speedsters to increase her own speed.
Dad is an experienced speedster who in general is ashamed of his children since he knows that they could be much more than they currently are
>>
>>53231165
Stealing this shit. Runnign with scissors has to be the best speedster concept for street-level
>>
File: Wild Talents 2nd Edition.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Wild Talents 2nd Edition.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
Can we talk about this too?

One of my players is Slugger, a psionic guy who hits things with a bat. He is stupidly good at that, but if the bat is lost, he is just an athletic human. The fun thing is, his strength and speed with bats would destroy the bat almost every turn, but he can bat bullets, destroying the bat though.
>>
>>53231203
remember to have her have lesbian undertones.
Villain chick: "Oh Sugar. Imma gonna scissor you.."
Female hero: "that.. sounds dirty"
Villain chick:"Not really. Just bloody" *proceeds to twirl her vorpal +5 scissor in her hand*
>>
>>53229553
I have fond memories of a villain from a D&D game years ago where the DM interpreted Delayed Blast Fireball as "make a little bead sized glowy thing that explodes on a timer". This guy would do stuff like throw out handfuls of them in big battles, or toss them under charging people's feet, or in one memorable occasion, use them as an interrogation tactic by force feeding the party them and saying "you have 36 seconds before you explode. Tell me what I want to know"

Fun uses of specific magic makes for a great time, and was all the more satisfying when we dropped a scorpion the size of a gas station in the middle of his wizards tower.
>>
I'm in a freeform (I know) group with a superhero setting. By this point it's more just setting and character designing than any actual playing, but one of the major heroes is pretty entertaining.

His name is quite literally "Florida Man," and is the sole hero of the state of Florida due to his oddly territorial nature over it. He has a power simply known as the "Aura of Disorder" that fucks with everything in a massive radius around him. The laws of physics invert or vanish entirely, thoughts become manifested, people iwthin begin to strongly hallucinate, all sorts of unpredictable, awful shit happens that essentially will make whoever he's fighting wish they never got nearby him, plus gives him latent Toon Force powers. Unfortunately, Florida Man is himself subjected to the power of the aura, and has slowly worn away at his psyche over the years, and while he hasn't gone rogue or anything, he's definitely undergone psychosis and as a result he's become a very peculiar individual. Namely, you know where he lives because he's the only person in the state of Florida with an upside down house. As in a normal house, but instead of resting on its foundations, it rests on its roof.

His only other power is the ability to know exactly what is entering the state boundaries of Florida and to know whether or not they're an immediate threat. If they are, he goes into this bizarre trance and beelines towards them to force them out.

Even the setting's equivalent of Superman doesn't want to work with him due to how even he gets injured.
>>
>>53229553
>being shot with bullets and arrows at the same time
>>
>>53231663
Clearly, it's a Wizard fighting an archer ranger and a Gunslinger.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.