[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DM Dungeon Creation Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: p5_1506231.jpg (196KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
p5_1506231.jpg
196KB, 1920x1080px
So, I'm going to be running a Persona campaign using a home-brewed system that I made based off P3/Q/4/5. It is influenced heavily be P4 and P5, (my friends and my own hype have drove us to it) I have a ton prepared for the campaign, such as characters, art, etc. however I am having some trouble with the layout of the first dungeon. I've done quite a bit of dming but have never mapped out a dungeon that would fit my current standards, mostly just procedural generation aka improve. I have a theme in mind but could use some help with execution, things such as traps, puzzles, loot (like what a player might find as valuable or more interesting than just money), etc.

The plot synopsis of the campaign is as follows:
The player characters go to stay at a family friend's/relative's place due to various circumstances. In this town there is a mysterious heart virus that has been afflicting the residence. No cure has been found yet. The pcs discover a search engine has been installed on their phones, allowing them to enter a person who has been afflicted with the heart virus's "Domain". Their self-appointed mission is to help cure the town of this heart virus that corrupts people into evil caricatures of themselves, who then have influence on the hearts of those within their real-world domain, its "users"; by injecting a cure to eliminate the "malware of the heart" before it claims the victim's life and makes its effects on those within the domain permanent.

The theme is internet/cpu based. Mid-bosses are called "Moderator's" and the main boss is the "Admin". A strange little cat girl is found inside the first domain with a strange item that has a cure, but only they can activate it. In order to inject the cure, they must find the Admin's user name within the Domain, then find the password in the real world to gain administrative privileges which then leads to the boss fight and access to the person's heart to inject the cure.
>>
Their first target is their school's vice principal who has been getting much more malicious towards the students. His Domain is the school, however it is in the form of a hospital/quarantine zone. Due to the virus he now views youth as a plague, they leach off adults and destroy the society that those before them created. The students therefore start to act more sluggish, lethargic, sickly, etc. in the real world. The hospital/quarantine zone is performing experiments to "cure" the plague, so like aging them up and whatnot. The vp's boss form is of a shadowy top hat wearing plague doctor. So as I said, I have a concept but no floor plans, any help with execution, gimmicks, puzzles, scenery, etc. would be appreciated. Thank you!
>>
>>53228532
I know literally nothing about persona, so this could be entirely contrary to what the setting is about, but I'd suggest using medical equipment/staff as traps and enemies. Biohazard waste containers being turned into environmental hazards, have the enemies be doctor/nurse themed. Alternatively you could expand on the computer concept and adapt computer terms into physical hazards, like firewalls being actual walls of fire.
>>
File: morgana.png (628KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
morgana.png
628KB, 400x400px
Whoooooaaa! Looking good, Joker!
>>
are the enemies mundane shadows, or personas that have lost themselves?
>>
>>53228745
They are personas. I'm basing it more heavily on p5.
>>
File: Mad_Gasser.jpg (63KB, 640x786px) Image search: [Google]
Mad_Gasser.jpg
63KB, 640x786px
>>53228796
alright, mostly cannon personas, homebrew or a mixture of both? I recommend the mad gasser
>>
File: futaba.jpg (40KB, 285x200px) Image search: [Google]
futaba.jpg
40KB, 285x200px
>>53228735
Bonafide Monafied!
>>
File: thumbs up.png (67KB, 325x215px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.png
67KB, 325x215px
>>53228825
That definetly looks like it would fit.
The template I have for making Personas is simple enough to add additional ones. I reference the list of p5 personas on the megami tensei wiki to make sure I have a decent ammount of personas to throw out.
Thank you for the suggestion!
>>
File: MithraSMT3.jpg (321KB, 1006x1920px) Image search: [Google]
MithraSMT3.jpg
321KB, 1006x1920px
>>53228875
To be fair, when it comes down to it, personas are just a blurb of lore, stats, skills and resistances/weaknesses. It should not be to hard to implement anything. but if you want art with them too, that is a whole new ball game.
>>
>>53228939
Yeah, exactly. I've been lucky enough with the resources so far. Plenty of Persona/megami tensei demon pictures to have a good deal of them.
>>
as for persona style traps/puzzles have it so that some rooms can only be entered by being sterilized. you could have ether finding the sanitizer is an esoteric location, having ill effects for using the sanitizer (hp damage, lowered stats ofthelike) or have it so that after using it, they must avoid enemy encounters or have to go back to apply more to gt past the area. maybe a cruel mixture of all three
>>
>>53228667
Thanks for the ideas. I hadn't thought of the biohazard waste containers.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.