[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need Ideas Please!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Galifar.jpg (67KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
Galifar.jpg
67KB, 500x334px
What's up dudes, you guys have helped me in the past for dnd campaigns, so I wish to summon your ideas again!

I'm gm for a campaign and have been making a d100 chart for randoms events.

The players are on their rite of passage to a destination 1500 miles away. The land is treacherous with there being many ruins from wars that past hundreds of years ago. Evil outsiders are all over the place, but 'peace' is enforced by a LG city. There are many free towns/cities, but most of the land is barren.

The route they take is up to the players, so in that way, it will work like a sandbox.

I have most of my d100 chart filled out, but need more ideas. Can I get some help dudes?

Pic somewhat related. I'm using Eberron for a lot of stuff, but much has changed including geography and locations of countries and whatnot.
>>
can you give us a couple of examples of what you mean by random events? are we talking about massive, world-changing events/quests like encountering some baron's soldiers breaking into a cursed tomb, turning into super-zombies and releasing a curse around the world, or minor throwaway encounters like seeing a particularly fat merchant on the road who sells pink crossbows?
>>
Sure!

Just minor stuff.

On a 24, they come across a small caravan of traders that are willing to trade with players, but if they agree to help guard the caravan, they will trade with them at discounts.

On a 57, they discover a small city, but it is in ruins and is unexplored.(Which the players have been warned that there can be nothing here, or could be inhabited by people/creatures that aren't friendly)
>>
Although, a random event like the zombies could also be a thing though, just not world shattering events. Just things that are important to the region.
>>
A cabal of wizards is creating artificial Fae in a complex made of salt and glass and aluminum
>>
>>53226460
It smells like baking bread and burning plastic
>>
Twelve men stand chanting around an obelisk. What are they up to? They leave as soon as players advance too close.
>>
Tribe of wild hobos occupying a ruin
>>
A small market town is in disarray because their mayor has gone missing. He's been mayor for about 250 years now, so nobody else really knows how to run the place. Vast numbers of able-bodied people have gone out in search.
>>
5 tons of flax. With no other flax around.
>>
Upon their travels, they meet a chef that is trying to find the best combination of flavors to improve his cooking. He offers to give them a sample of what he has made. Have them choose between a steak, a pie, muscle (the sea creature), a spicy soup, or an 'exotic' food. After the encounter, give a temporary stat bonus for one day that correlates to what they are (Steak=Str, Pie=Chr, Muscle=Con, Spicy soup=Fire resistance, 'Exotic' food=1d6, where odds mean -Con, evens mean all previous effects) If they try to abuse that shit, make the food addictive, and give penalties if they go without.
>>
>>53226107
A minor imp demon has taken over a small village, wearing a large mask and cloak and terrifying villagers into doing its bidding. It's basically useless in a fair fight, but the villages coffers mean that it's hired some halfway decent guards.
>>
The party encounters a slaver caravan. They can step in and attack to try free the slaves, or get some good will by suggesting likely targets. Unless provoked, the slavers are friendly enough; as far as they're concerned they're just shipping cargo.

The party encounters a knight errant looking for a suitably noble quest to undertake.

The party encounters a posse of halflings looking to track down an outlaw, a human who took advantage of their settlements hospitality, and make an example of him.

The party encounters a fancy wagon being attacked by unusually well equipped "bandits". Most of the guards are dead, but a well dressed young woman and her remaining bodyguard are making a desperate last stand.
>>
A plain of shattered glass
>>
A city where the few citizens wear earmuffs. Once you enter the gate you realize the city itself is shrieking loudly
>>
A bluff that looks like a horses head. Goats are all over it, shitting on it.
>>
File: 1465540094145.jpg (73KB, 630x959px) Image search: [Google]
1465540094145.jpg
73KB, 630x959px
>>53226107
When the party arrives in a town to rest and resupply, they will find the villagers are very unpleasant towards them, hinting not very subtly that they should keep moving. They'll find the town constable drunk in a tavern saying he's been fired after 20 years of loyal service for no reason at all.

If the party investigates, they will find out that the mayor's wife is being held hostage by a group of bandits who intend to use the town as a hiding place, their leader posing as a new constable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.