[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

D&D5E Beast Master Ranger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: beastmaster.png (639KB, 677x1207px) Image search: [Google]
beastmaster.png
639KB, 677x1207px
I just played a one shot game as a beast master ranger(PHB version; not the shitty revision that just makes the problem worse) and have to say I was pretty pleased with my build.

I just took a riding horse as my companion. Mounted it and was able to snipe people with a longbow while moving 60ft per turn. At 7th level you can command your companion to disengage as a bonus action so you get that.

Good luck soloing me when I effectively dash, disengage and still make two ranged attacks per round. Also pass without trace is a thing.
>>
>>53225284
>first and second attack to shoot the horse with bonuses due to taking beasts as FE for flavor
Roll dexterity save to prevent some damage from falling off a horse moving at 60ft per turn, and you're knocked prone. Now I'm a strictly better ranger with my hunter conclave abilities.
>>
>>53225629
>horse moves 7 miles per hour
>roll dexterity to stay in saddle
are you serious?
>>
>>53225284
You can't get a riding horse as your companion as it's not medium or smaller
It can't disengage unless you use your action to command it to do so
From 5th level onwards, you can make one attack when you use your action to command your companion, but only if you command it to take the attack action
stop this meme shit
>>
>>53225284
>"Gah, fuck the haters, look, I did the thing and it works out pretty fucking well."
>Critically misunderstands an aspect of the rules that anyone with basic reading comprehension would've noticed
>Plays with people who are equally stupid
>Thinks that he knows better than people who have been dealing with the system since its inception.
Every time. Every fucking time someone thinks they've cracked the code.
>>
>>53227668
>You can't get a riding horse as your companion as it's not medium or smaller
What if it's a halfling with a riding dog

Agree btw

I wish ops story were possible and it should be, but under RAW it isn't
>>
>>53225629
>Roll dexterity save to prevent some damage from falling off a horse moving at 60ft per turn, and you're knocked prone
wut
>>
>>53225284
Thatsnothowthisworksyoulittleshit.jpg
No, really, you're claiming the base beast master works when you ignore basically all of the rules pertaining as to why it doesn't work.
Companion size, action limitations, mounted creature action limitations, among other things.
>>
>>53228136
A halfling on a mastiff is an existing meme, yes
But OP was talking about a riding horse, and that isn't possible
>>
>>53225284
You realise you can do all of that with a random riding horse too, right? Lookup the mount rules before you make a character build around the concept. Your entire concept is wrong as is, but its doable if you rebuild using RAW.
>>
>>53225284
Good luck in a dungeon.
>>
>>53225284
>Good luck soloing me when I effectively dash, disengage and still make two ranged attacks per round. Also pass without trace is a thing.
In a game called DUNGEONS and dragons
You're not in a dungeon if you're able to do this every turn.
>>
Where are the rules for mounting and mounted combat.
I wanted to make a gnome beast master ranger who rides a giant vulture but I'm not sure it's possible RAW
>>
>>53225284
All I can say is, you're lucky that you were playing a one-shot with a DM who was just as stupid as you were.

Most other games, you'd have been fucked.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.