[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Inspirational haunted house movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1224373548719.jpg (373KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1224373548719.jpg
373KB, 1280x960px
I want to watch a movie. I need to plan a haunted house session. What's the best movie to mine for ideas?

I'm not looking for *good,* so fuck /tv/. What movie has the most shit that made you sit up and go "holy shit, I NEED that in my next horror session?"

Just the other day I watched Dead Birds. Average movie, but there's this great cornfield in front of the house that just begs to take a little too long for the party to get through. Not "we're trapped here" long, just... noticeably longer than it should.

That kind of thing.
>>
>Legend of Hell House
>The Conjuring
>The Haunting, even though the plot is kind of shity I really like the aesthetics of the house, some of the statues/gargoyles come alive to fuck with people.
>Rose Red
>The Legend of Sleepy Hollow if you want to have a farm village near by.
> The Woman in Black, the spooky house is built out on the English moors so the road to it is only accessible at certain times before it gets flooded again. I thought you might like that since you liked the cornfield they had to get through in Dead Birds.
Other than that I can't think of anymore that are specifically haunted house themed.
>>
>>53227373
You forgot Amityville Horror.
If hotels count then the Shining fits too.
Burnt Offerings.

Sounds like you just have shit taste.
>>
>>53227453

And if OP doesn't mind spoilers for Burnt Offerings the twist is what makes it worthwhile.

The house absorbs the life essence out of people in order to repair itself. It starts off kinda run down and after having people die the house starts to repair and take over more while using the wife as its thrall.
>>
>>53227453
I consider the Amityville Horror and the Shining to be a given.
>>
File: 1224373614011.jpg (191KB, 859x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1224373614011.jpg
191KB, 859x1000px
OP here. Checking out Burnt Offerings now.

The Shining is a great movie, but I can't really use stuff in it because it's so well known. I don't think I could do, say, a spooky ghost kid in a hallway without a player going "Come play with us, Danny!"

While I was thinking about Dead Birds, a couple of other bits worth pilfering:

- A hooded scarecrow that strongly resembles an actual crucified man. Whether it's really a scarecrow or a corpse depends on the oh-shit factor of the moment.

- A single locked door in the house that no one can get into. It's not the dark heart of the evil or any some shit, it just contains some expository spookiness.

- Two twin beds in a narrow room with opaque footboards, such that to look under one, you have to get between them and expose your back to anything under the other.
>>
>>53224379
Human Centipede.
>>
Cabin in the woods is unironically good
>>
>>53224379
You can usually find some conceptual jem in even the most banal creatively bankrupt horror movie.
There was some train wreck about a Louisiana plantation house and a hospice care nurse. A great touch aside from the exterior aesthetic was every mirror had been removed from the house. Not smashed, and not taken down, but removed. The bathrooms and bedrooms had the frames for mirrors mounted to the wall, but the glass itself was gone.
>>
>>53224379
House on the haunted hill, my dude
>>
>>53224379
The Evil Dead, of course - the original is a pretty solid and occasionally terrifying movie, before it got into all that campy stuff in the sequels.

The House of the Devil is good, too, although the house isn't exactly haunted. But it ratchets the tension up to insane degrees, and it's got a pitch-perfect 1970s horror aesthetic despite coming out in 2009.

Also, Crimson Peak. The ghosts in that are scary as heck, although the movie goes more into Gothic romance than full-on haunted horror. Although it's inhabited by the scariest ghost of all: Incest!
>>
File: 2vwcruyn[1].jpg (84KB, 500x724px) Image search: [Google]
2vwcruyn[1].jpg
84KB, 500x724px
And don't forget about the greatest haunted house movie of them all:
>>
>>53224379
Haunting in Connecticut
>>
File: IMG_3090.jpg (82KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3090.jpg
82KB, 470x470px
Unironically op. I really enjoyed it and served for inspiration for background and basing minis
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.