[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character Concepts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

What character concepts are you dying to play /tg/?

I personally want to play a True Believer in the Dresden Files RPG, who's power comes from his belief in the destiny of mankind, and our ability to fight back against the predators who lie in wait in the darkness.
>>
>>53220740
I've always wanted to play a mind control character that treated his victims like characters in a roguelike. He likes to see how far he can get with them on adventures before they die.
>>
I'd like to play a farmboy who takes the mantle of paladin from the god of agriculture. He's got some farmstead-themed divine magic and fights mostly with repurposed farm tools,

It's pretty niche in both mechanics and required setting, I'll never get to.
>>
>>53220898

Check out The Dark Eye, they have a whole "class"/profession laid out for that concept, the priest/ess of Peraine.
>>
I want to play an antipaladin.
>>
File: Grabbing_Dice.png (111KB, 285x296px) Image search: [Google]
Grabbing_Dice.png
111KB, 285x296px
Dethroned king travels the world seeking political sympathizers to assemble an army and take back his kingdom

Priest is cursed with a weapon that forces him to kill daily
>>
I'm really dying to play a blindfolded Mystic archer. Story is that they were blind from birth and they decided to make a pact with a fey to get their eyesight back, but when they realised how easily sight was confused by illusions and tricks, they focused on honing all their other senses and blindfolded themselves, swearing to never use their eyes again.
>>
>>53220740
An incredibly evil looking super, with spider bots, evil laugh, lab coat, goatee, snake and spider pets, and a business front to fund his operations. The classic evil scientist.

And is genuinely distressed anyone thinks he looks like a villain.
https://youtu.be/8HgejSCHRi8
>>
I always wanted to play a standard edgy character who over the course of the story lost said edginess and became a normal human being. Obviously I haven't done this cause the beginning is going to be rocky as fuck.
>>
>>53220740
Classic swashbuckler. Rapier, frilly shirt, dead father and a quest for revenge, and an absolutely ridiculous spanish accent.

Really I just want to play a goddamn pirate game, because we need more fun.
>>
College of Valour Bard masquerading as a Paladin of some musical related deity or another, traveling in disguise due to being wanted for excessive child support payment issues across the kingdom.

This would of course mean never taking off his helmet while with the party, claiming he'd sworn some kind of oath to never remove it, and to claim the 'bard' on the wanted poster is actually his brother, and that capturing him is an important task for himself.

Also attempting to see how many times he can slink away from the party to ply his bardic trade at inns and taverns, before the party catches on.
>>
>>53220740
A character that is exiled for disobeying the council for going to war while simultaneously obeying what they were always meant to do in said war
>>
I just want to play A character, but I'm the only GM in my group of friends.
>>
I want to play a martial artist who travels far and wide to learn as many techniques and disciplines as possible
>>
Something Monstrous. Anything really. But whenever I bring it up with my DM i get the stink-eye. To the point where my DM prefaces Session 0 with "No bullshit characters."

Funny thing is, i've never played a "Monstrous Character" Closest was a Half-Ogre in Pathfinder.

Would love to play a Mimic or Slaad
>>
>>53223302
All monster campaigns are super fun, and I highly recommend them, especially if it's relatively restricted to "trash mobs". Sometimes playing what amounts to the fantasy equivalent of Team Rocket is awesome.
>>
I wanted to play a Martial Artist who wants to be a Grand Master, but comes off as a fanboy to monks. He's also kinda whacked out because he spouts vaguely lucid sayings all the time.

Another idea would be a gunslinger who tries to save bullets by being tricky with his gun, making empty threats and aiming without actually shooting a la LISA the Pointless.
>>
An incredibly feral wood elf barbarian. Doesn't speak Common, superstitious, cannibal.

Paladin of Zarus, or a Blackguard.

Witch Hunter/Firestarter.

Total warmongering mercenary guy.
>>
>>53220740
I've never ACTUALLY played a full, honest-to-god Spellcaster. I always either watered it down with martial or sneaky stuff, or I went with a Warlock or otherwise "Odd" spellcaster.

I have a list a mile long of characters I'd LIKE to play one day, and spellcasters make up a goodly portion of it, if only because I equally love the Strong-Man archetype and play it often enough not to pine for more.
>>
a sneaky sneaker who fights with a mix of saber and grappling, and is really good at climbing things.

some kind of fighter/thief multiclass idk
>>
>>53222855
Same

Solidarity, bro.
>>
I just want to be Link. Equally good with a sword and a bow, a very small number of very powerful spells, and a small arsenal of magical gizmos and tools. Light or no armor.

Or Samurai jack. No armor, crazy sex, crazy good with a sword, fears no man.

Sadly my group only plays pathfinder and unarmored martials are ground beef, plus you can't be a dex build and use something like the Master Sword or Jack's sword, unless you like rolling 1d8+3 for damage at level 10.
>>
A kobold born and raised in the underdark gets driven out and makes it to the surface half dead. He's found by a troupe of good-samaritan type monks who aid him and offer him a roof in exchange for work. Had never seen the surface before, Kobold didn't know acting this kind was even an option, and sees it regularly and people acting this way instinctively during his stay at the monastery.

Grows to believe EVERYONE on the surface acts this way, and the underdark is some sort of subterranean hell of cruelty and cold that folk like his are purposed to live in. Dedicates himself to wander the world and unlearn this cruelty. Due to sunlight maladaptation, believes the sun is some sort of protection for this realm of kindness that berates him for daring to walk around outside the underdark. Is determined to learn the kindness of these people and earn a place beneath the sun. Campaign spent tearing between natural kobold instincts and half-learned monastery good-samaritan lessons. Give DM free reign to turn the 'paladin falls' routine up to 11

As someone who hasn't played much with groups how poor is this concept on a scale of -10 to 1
>>
>>53220740
Any of these:

>Drannec, son of Drongec
>Barbarian warrior from the northern highlands
>For the past two years, Drannec's homeland has suffered severe droughts, leading to poor harvests and hard winters
>Desperate for a solution, Drannec prayed to his god Shanna for guidance, and recieved 4 cryptic visions
>Drannec has set out on a quest into the southern lowlands, to find the meaning of the visions and save her people

>Kim To
>Trickster spirit with powers of illusion
>Though born into the court of Heaven, Kim never got any respect from the other gods and spirits, being the fifth and youngest child in her family
>Without respect, Kim could find no job within the Court, and so she filled her days by visiting pranks and mischief on her so-called "betters"
>Her antics angered the rest of the Court, but the King of Heaven refused to reprimand her, as he deemed her to be ultimately harmless
>Until one day, while down in the mortal world, Kim witnessed a minor god being murdered by a human
>Being the only supernal witness, and of poor reputation, blame immediately fell on Kim for the murder
>Under intense pressure, the King of Heaven was forced to banish Kim to the mortal world forever
>But Kim believes the King of Heaven actually sympathised with her plight, and sent her to live among the humans to fulfill a greater purpose
>And so Kim has set out to find the murderer and clear her name
>>
>>53228376

>Buck Derrens
>Ex-watch captain with a cursed right arm
>Living in the wealthy merchant port of Havenskragge, Buck was once a captain in the corrupt City Watch
>Coasting into middle-age, he lived comfortably off bribes and protection money
>Until one day, he tried to shake down a travelling witch, and got stabbed in the right arm with a cursed coin for his troubles
>The coin could not be removed, and began turning his arm black and scaly, creeping up his shoulder and down his hand
>He began suffering fits of extreme greed and kleptomania, frightening his wife and children
>All who knew him began to shun him, fearing his curse, and the monster he was becoming
>In desperation, Buck has set out to find the witch again, to beg her forgiveness and ask her to lift the curse

>Lerna Mills
>Non-human wizard with an unknown past
>Lerna never knew her real parents - she was found as a small child inside a magic block of ice, washed up on a beach
>She was taken in by local scholars, who raised her at their school as an apprentice
>While an accomplished student of magic, Lerna has always felt something was missing
>She always wanted to find out more about her past, but never knew where to start
>Then one day, a letter arrived for her, containing a small metal sigil and a note
>The sigil resembled a symbol that was on her ice-block, keeping it frozen until the scholars accidentally damaged it
>The note read: "If you want to know more, come to Dardennes."
>Naturally, Lerna jumped at the chance, and set out for the city of Dardennes at once
>>
>>53220740
I want to play a witch who's good at heart, but is also a staunch traditionalist and delights in people fearing and avoiding her.

tfw it literally is a character from that anime I just watched.
>>
>>53222855
Play online.
>>
>>53228306
Sounds like a pretty fun concept desu.
>>
File: 1444436476507.jpg (20KB, 193x263px) Image search: [Google]
1444436476507.jpg
20KB, 193x263px
I've a couple.
>A tanky barbarian who is durable not from armor, but from flesh, bone, self-delusion, drugs, and pure obliviousness. She's aloof and empty-headed to the point where danger doesn't phase her, often losing attention during conversation, and lives in a constant state of drowsiness. Drinks, does drugs, and occasionally makes deliberate mistakes to appreciate the thrills she can't experience in a sane, sober mind. As tanky as a lightly armored person can be, lowest Perception I can get my hands on.

>Exact opposite of the above: a Ranger with keen senses, a careful conscience, and a hyperactive mind. He can't deal with the noise in his head. Functions normally, but always sounds defeated and very easily panics from stress. Best perception I can snag, dump Will.

>A depressed, emotional pig of a man joins the party under the guise of wanting to do good, but he's damn-near suicidal and joined half because he wanted to die for something good rather than actually do that good thing. He doesn't know what he'd do if he actually survived the adventure. Glass cannon.
People enjoy how everyone I write is fucked in the head.
>>
File: Anubis.jpg (116KB, 544x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Anubis.jpg
116KB, 544x1000px
Modified tabaxi as a jackal race.
Inspiration from mtg amonkhet
Background: acolyte
Ranger that dual wields a shortsword and a kopesh.
Egyptian is my crack
>>
>>53220740

A Christian Scientist (or functional local equivalent but it's not quite the same without Jesus Christ, Scientist IMO) "paladin" (not necessarily an actual paladin, just that kind of archetype) who knows that death and pain are just lies.
>>
A knight that serves a great library instead of a lord. She is tasked with recording history as it happens and bringing anything she perceives as historically valuable back to the library.

Was going to play her as a sheltered nerd that gets way into discussions about books.
>>
File: nice.jpg (31KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
31KB, 1024x576px
Osmiondias the fool
A half-elf, charlatan, bard of the college of satire
travels from town to town robbing nobles with his excessive bonuses to dex and cha rolls. doesn't like killing people, just convinces others to do what he wants, e.g. let him into houses, through mind reading and charisma. Uses his collected wealth to hire adventuring parties to search dungeons throughout the land for magic items. Starts a legitimate magic item empire.

Anthony the Inquisitor
Was an inquisitor for the king, raiding necromancer outposts in country they ravaged in my DM's world. Nearly dies in a raid but gets saved by the angel of judgement. Becomes a (reflavored) hexblade warlock.Obsesses with contracts and agreements and studying the law in whatever kingdom he enters. Gets positively shook whenever he encounters demons and undead, although he struggles to keep his judgement fair and rational because that's what his patron's all about.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.