[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1493: (Bio)Diversity Awareness Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 470
Thread images: 58

File: 1475207542065.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1475207542065.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>53206382
>>
Rolled 338 (1d816)

>>53212509
>(Bio)Diversity Awareness
What's that mean?

Also rolling for thread's jump.
>>
File: Grim Fandango JumpChain.pdf (212KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Grim Fandango JumpChain.pdf
212KB, 1x1px
>>53212544
And the winner is... Grim Fandango!!! Tadaaa!
I have no idea what this is.
>>
>>53212544
The Grim Fandango. All I know of this jump is that it's not the grimmest but is probably the most fandango.
>>
>>53212564
>>I have no idea what this is.

One of the best point-and-click adventure games ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcqj0APsDsM
>>
>>53212566
>>53212564
The source materiel is apparently a masterpiece of the highest caliber. Never played it, but it looks more unique than any game that's come out in the last half decade.
>>
>>53212544
>>53212564
Psychopomp options are usually pretty nifty, and for this jump specifically, Four Year Journey of the Soul is also pretty great.
>>
File: jc15.jpg (62KB, 600x265px) Image search: [Google]
jc15.jpg
62KB, 600x265px
>>53212544
Some kind of cis-carbon lifeform social justice awareness movement, by the sound of it.

>>53212566
Well, that's about as much as I know too. It's one of those games I hear people talk about like a classic but have never even watched an LP for, since it's not from a genre I'm big on.

Apparently it's pretty good in a quirky way?
>>
>>53212564
Bancho has the right of that one, not gonna lie.
>>
File: afterlife2.jpg (171KB, 2048x1406px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife2.jpg
171KB, 2048x1406px
Jumpers! Have you ever visited the afterlife?
How was your stay?
>>
>>53212655
The angels are belligerent and I'm still there.
>>
>>53212544
>>(Bio)Diversity Awareness
>What's that mean?
It's about the importance of properly representing Black(Bear)'s and the Gay(Dolphin)'s.
>>
>>53212655
I set one up because I feel my religion's followers Deserved one,you can trade in good karma for any combination of time in a paradise loosely based on the one from Pastafarianism ,a better life situation upon Reincarnation, keeping your memories on Rebirth or body customization options. people with negative karma just get Ego death
>>
Is there anything in jumpchain similar to Gate of Babylon which would allow me to use all the weapons I have at once?
>>
File: jc10.jpg (30KB, 250x353px) Image search: [Google]
jc10.jpg
30KB, 250x353px
>>53212655
Which one?

I've visited the one Chuck built in Supernatural. It was...very American. The beer was good, though. Paradiso's much nicer in every way, really.

I also visited Valhalla-the original one, that is. It's like the Superbowl but bloodier, and if EVERYONE was trying to be MVP, and the mead tasted like a diabetic's piss. Good bacon, though. Once to help Balder cheat death I also glamoured myself to look like a corpse in order to infiltrate Hel, which was actually kinda nice once you got used to the gloom-bit like Fallen London really, but you could see why the average Viking would consider it awful because of the peace and quiet. Hel's (the goddess) quarters were also surprisingly posh, but that's another story.

Hades is alright. Lots of shiny things, some positively paradisical islands and the Asphodel Fields are pretty comfy. Really if you ignore the ironic torture caves the architecture has a certain gothic charm. Orpheus and Euridice actually came back to visit at the edge on occasion, and I helped them take pictures.

And there's not much to say about the Dark Desert I tricked the Cunning Man into chasing me through. It's dark. It's a desert. Those damned tricksy retro-reincarnation slipstreams are effin' everywhere if you walk far enough.
>>
>>53212858

Moderately advanced Telekinesis.
Just taking a copy of Gate of Bablyon.
Enchanting your weapons with dancing.

...and many more!
>>
>>53212793
>I set one up
How'd you do that? I got a paradise from Actraiser but it's not top-tier and it has a population limit.
>people with negative karma just get Ego death
How do your followers feel about that?
>>
Cataquack Warrior here. Just to be clear, my only posts last night were the ones concerned with Magical Pokémon Journey. I am not responsible for the other posts, and I do not condone his or her rude behavior.

I want to thank people for letting me know about the custom of contacting Quicksilver, and for the gradual understanding about the differences in the setting.

I'm probably going to be out of the discussion for a while, but just to ask, was there any more feedback on my Sesame Street jump? I sort of lost track of that in all the confusion last night.
>>
>>53212858
Requip and sword magic from Fairy Tail.
>>
how good is Warframe tech wise?
>>
>>53212906
I think top-tiers were comparable to C'tan shards?
>>
269. Grim Fandango
Origin: Lost Souls Alliance
Perks: You're Dead!, Upgraded Dia De Los Muertos, Recruitment, For The People, For I Am The Grim Reaper, Carried On Shimmering Wings of Justice, ¡Viva la Revolución!
Items: Collapsible Scythe, Pigeon Eggs
Drawbacks: Travel Guide

I don't really have a problem being dead. Being undead is still not something I'm willing to put up with, but death itself is fine.

I think the drawback is something I would have done anyway.
>>
>>53212898
There was someone saying something about a perk costing more if your took another perk or something along those lines
>>
File: jc3.jpg (7KB, 187x400px) Image search: [Google]
jc3.jpg
7KB, 187x400px
>>53212898
Sorry about that again, it's mainly my fault because I misinterpreted a few posts.

I'm no sesame street buff so I wasn't sure what to make of the jump, but it mostly looked pretty well put together together. The only things that stood out were jumping over the moon and the one perk that let you transform items into other items that ended in an "e" (I think?); in particular I feel the latter ought to be limited to modern day earth items since IIRC it's based on a learning-by-showing thing.

I'm less sure about the moon thing, though.

>>53212913
>comparable to C'tan shards

They...can create antimatter at will, toss things into the darkness before time and fire transdimensional lightning bolts?

I get that the Orokin were super advanced, but I didn't know they were that good
>>
>>53212564
I've been looking for something to jump next. This will be It
>>53212892
>How'd you do that? I got a paradise from Actraiser but it's not top-tier and it has a population limit.

going into the one from Actraiser and Tinkering with it using a combination of my devil-tiger charms and some miscellaneous magic to upgrade it. also bear in mind I said time in paradise rather than eternity in paradise.

>How do your followers feel about that?

It's not a thing, we all agree that it's more merciful than eternal torment and it's basically standard reincarnation as opposed to the reincarnation with Extra toppings that good people get.
>>53212906
it really varies depending on the faction you're talking about

The money worshipers can be pretty high-end, easily comparable to eclipse phase in robotics with animalistic AI and energy weapons

The military clones have some pretty awesome practical Cybernetics , but crap genetic engineering and space travel but Pretty low High energy physics stuff.

the ninja drones are pretty balanced, but don't have any real infrastructure and are largely subsisting on the scraps of an ancient, awesome space Empire.

The infected Are one of the most powerful biotech weapons in jump chain having destroyed said space empire

The killer alien space robots are decently high-end for killer alien space robots and to be treated as such.

the ancient space Empire are pretty much dead except for some automated towers but they have some of the best stuff and you'll be fighting everyone else for their scraps
>>
What are some perks that synergism with having a lot of money?
>>
>>53213000
check out generic economic for a money powered minion or Saints row
>>
>>53213000
>>53213000

also go to hero BBS,generic dungeon crawl or high school DXD for magic systems powered by money
>>
File: Pkmn Hardmoad or someting.pdf (45KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Pkmn Hardmoad or someting.pdf
45KB, 1x1px
k guys you asked for it (forever ago) here the concept
>>
No. Stop. Stop typing right now. Don't bite it. It doesn't have to turn out this way.
Jumpers, what do you do with all your old stuff that you don't use anymore?
>>
File: hell yes.gif (1MB, 320x270px) Image search: [Google]
hell yes.gif
1MB, 320x270px
>>53213058
>Jumpers, what do you do with all your old stuff that you don't use anymore?

It all gets used in crafting one way or another,I have basically all the crafting so a copy gets archived on Captchalogue card and indexed for future replication and a copy gets broken apart and sorted into components for scrap
>>
>>53213000
I think there was something in Ravenloft for that?

>>53213058
I convert all of it into money using something from Saints Row that allows you to convert anything you own into liquid assets, or by more traditional methods assuming I have the opportunity to make a bigger profit that way.
>>
>>53213033
Fucking garbage
>>
>>53213058
I have a castle I used to store non-important but nostalgic stuff, usually sorted into rooms by themes.
>>
>>53213058
I duct tape it all together into a giant ball that makes for an implausibly effective weapon, if I hadn't already merged it into my primary loadout.

Either that, or I archive it by jump in pocket spaces.
>>
>>53213033
I like where this is going.
>>
>>53213101
great criticism ther budy ill make sure to work on that
>>
File: jc29.png (337KB, 603x602px) Image search: [Google]
jc29.png
337KB, 603x602px
>>53213058
Well, I hate to waste perfectly good mass and energy. So most of that old stuff? It gets broken down/assimilated/alchemised/reatomised/infused/conceptualy distilled into NEW stuff I use in my adventures.

I keep a few mementos in pandimensionally folded snowglobes, though. There's the preserved remains of the first midget I ever cybernetically modified, the first tower I ever built out of Songstone, the disembodied shadow of my antispiral self. Oh, and the first snowglobe of course.

There's this cabinet full of snowglobes in my warehouse, where I store these things. Well, it's a cabinet on the outside. It's a charming city with house-sized cabinets on the inside.

>>53213000
>synergism

I see the curse of the freudian slips has past from me. Also, I guess you could try applying Karmatron Dynamics from GUNNM to economics?
>>
>>53213103
nice i need a fourth castle
my casting, the mini replica of my castle in my castle, and the castle for my wives so they don't feel bad about having no authority in my castle
>>
I don't care about killing Accelerator, how do I save all of the Misaka clones before they die?
>>
>>53213033
also planning a Pokemon Go jump(for some reason) but ther is a definite chance ill totally forget and not get any farther
>>
>>53212960
>They...can create antimatter at will, toss things into the darkness before time and fire transdimensional lightning bolts?

Some of them have some pretty crazy hax. One moved the moon into a void (pocket dimension?) and other had its own separated reality. Also, a lot of clark-tech virus that bypasses normal defenses and the like.

Not an expert on the matter only played the game a bit and read summaries.

>>53213033
Honestly, if you really wanted this to get taken seriously, you should have waited until you had a serious WIP before coming here.

As it is right now you will only get the attention of the shitposters.
>>
>>53213173
that's a bad plan, do that and you'll make waves, make waves and Alastair Crowley will come after you and Alastair Crowley is Omni
>>
>>53213000
>Get a perk in Monopoly gauntlet so you can always move your currency from a jump to another
>Get a perk in Monopoly gauntlet so you can 'force' people to let you purchase anything that they own as long as you can pay x1.5 of its price
>Go to Ravenloft and Ghost Rider and get the 'able to trade anything'
>Purchase powers from anyone

Also:
>That perk from Saints Rows that lets you skip training by paying
>Buy Mode (Counter Strike) and the Abyss Market (Gamer) to purchase literally anything. Fill your own Gate of Babylon.
>>
>>53212564
Grim Fandango was a really good point and click adventure game from the era when those were big-budget things instead of something only indie studios and Telltale Games worked on. It's this weird film noir story taking place in an Aztec-inspired afterlife. You are Manny Calavera, a an agent for the Department of the Afterlife, who discovers that his fellow grim reapers are rigging the system to divert souls from their proper destination for sinister purposes, and sets out on a journey through the literal underworld's figurative underworld to set things right. Good stuff.
>>
>>53213191
>Is omni
Yeah, no.

He's not even the strongest of his kind.
>>
>>53213184
Bruh i was asked for a prof of concept (i believe the terminology used was 'nutt up or shut up' so i threw something together. i guess i want some excitement but i dont care if it gets taken seriously. its already got a custom Pokemon maker in progress and a dope companion idea, I'm proud of it
>>
>>53213228
Looks shit and your future ideas sound shit. As was said it'd be.
>>
>>53213184
shitposter thing was dead on though
>>
>>53213226
look, that's what everyone's been telling me since forever if the series escalated. I didn't know
>>
>>53213204
How do price certain purchases? If I wanted Saitama's plot power how much do I have to give him?
>>
Has anyone claimed a Bastard!! jump? If not, I'd like to claim it.
>>
>>53213226
He's pretty beefy though. You wouldn't be able to touch him if you weren't on a level above Magic God, and those fuckers are bullshit on their own.
>>
>>53213204
The Monopoly perk only works on properties.
>>
>>53213293
No, and godspeed.

>>53213294
The latest issues have been a fustercluck, but as far as I can tell all the majins together on their home turf apparently outclass him. But he's canny enough to curse them in such a way they become vulnerable when they tried to cross over into Earth.
>>
>>53213279
Probably the gross domestic product earth times a few quadrillion.
>>
>>53213311
To be fair, given that's all the True Magic Gods at once, it's pretty much just more praise for how fucking broken Aleister himself is anyway. Nigga has to take on like half a dozen multiversal gods to hit a wall and even then he can figure a way to kill the one he wants to kill.
>>
>>53213279
Nothing because the combo doesn't work.See >>53213300
>>
File: afterlife.jpg (25KB, 480x404px) Image search: [Google]
afterlife.jpg
25KB, 480x404px
>>53212892
You can also buy an afterlife in the (new) Bleach jump. Expensive, but worth it for giving two middle fingers to the dicks running Bleach's existing afterlife, and you can bring it with you - which means you can also give middle fingers to folks like the Chaos Gods in WH40K.
>>
>>53213272
He is not an omni by any means.

>>53213294
Being strong doesn't make you unbeatable.
>>
>>53213330
>>53213300
>properties

property
plural properties
a : a quality or trait belonging and especially peculiar to an individual or thing
b : an effect that an object has on another object or on the senses
c : virtue 2
d : an attribute common to all members of a class
a : something owned or possessed; specifically : a piece of real estate
b : the exclusive right to possess, enjoy, and dispose of a thing : ownership
c : something to which a person or business has a legal title
d : one (such as a performer) who is under contract and whose work is especially valuable
e : a book or script purchased for publication or production
: an article or object used in a play or motion picture except painted scenery and costumes
>>
>>53213293
Some twit on SB is making one but that's over there and they haven't said anything for here, so feel free to give it your best shot. Love that series.
>>
>>53213321
Oh absolutely, I'm not saying he's weak by any measure. Just trying to contextualise his place in the Indexverse's powerlevels.

>>53213339
Nobody's saying he's unbeatable, what I think people are trying to say is he's one of the toughest dudes on the block in that 'verse/

>>53213332
That should really be Goku.
>>
>>53213367
You're an idiot. It's Monopoly. Properties are houses and hotels in Monopoly. Holy shit you cannot possibly be trying to wank a perk from fucking Monopoly. It even has fucking Landlord in the title.
>>
>>53213367
It means property as in housing. You know. Like in the actual monopoly game. Where passing go lets you collect 200 dollars, not the power to become the strongest hero.
>>
>>53213372
Oh, yeah, agree with you on the whole not omni thing too. Sorry if I came off as saying otherwise.
>>
>>53213330
Just use charisma perks to get the powers anyway
>>
>>53213330
One definition of the word 'property' is "an attribute, quality, or characteristic of something." I know that the other more material definition is what the gauntlet author was probably going for, but the ambiguity of the word could be wanked by those capable of great mental gymnastics.
Just to be fair to the combo poster.
>>
>>53213332
I am the patron Jumper Of bad plans, every plan I have ever made has been bad, having made bad plans for everything I can see the flaws and weaknesses in every plan allowing me to recognize bad plans Instantly. purposefully antagonizing the big four by starving them is a very bad plan.

>>53213339
Okay, then he is not Omni but he is still apparently ridiculously powerful,it is my understanding that even a magic immune jumper should not tangle with Him.
>>
>>53213381
>>53213387
>the exclusive right to possess, enjoy, and dispose of a thing : ownership
G E T F U C K E D
>>
>>53213410
Okay are you just shitposting now or do you genuinely believe this

I just need to know if I ought to bother going through 4plebs or if you're doing semantics bant because reasons

>>53213389
It's cool, you didn't

>>53213395
>spoiler

...I'm curious, what kind of succubus cumslut magic is there that can literally suck out Saitama's strength?
>>
>>53213332
Thanks! You're talking about Section of the Soul Society right?

In the version I found (in the A-AM folder of the drive) it only costs 400cp which seems pretty seasonable.
>>
>>53213435
Not that guy, but if you're telling me that the only thing that counts as 'property' is land, then you're the fucking idiot here.
>>
>>53213435
bookmaker from medaka box+dimensional stab from overlord the series.

Remember having near infinite power levels is trumped by conceptual effects,And caped Baldy runs off of power levels.
>>
>>53213468
>>53213473
Two idiots, both of whom have no understanding of context.
>>
File: 1450506217131.png (1MB, 1280x1890px) Image search: [Google]
1450506217131.png
1MB, 1280x1890px
Is there any alternative to Dual Weapon (Sburb) for importing a melee weapon into a gun?
>>
>>53213473
I wasn't asking you, and not about those perks. Go away. I was asking about what that anon meant by CHARISMA perks specifically.

Also, I disagree.

>>53213468
I am telling you that this is a motherfuckin' perk from a goddamn Monopoly jump, not the Happy Fun Superpower Lottery jump. I was there when it was written, and the explicit intention was for properties as in housing.
>>
>>53213496
Seven Deadly Sins has an section that can combine stuff
>>
>>53213496
I think that's RWBY weapons' whole shtick? Like the MC's main is a scythe that shoots bullets or something.

I don't follow the RWBY talk much, though. All I know is that every girl is shit and the show is objectively terrible but for some reason everyone's obsessed with the shipping anyway.

Yang is thicc and seems to have the least issues so she's my fav.
>>
>>53213496
Can't you important it as a variable weapon in RWBY?
Been awhile since I looked at the jump
>>
>>53213511
>Thicc
>Curvy is now thicc
this meme has gone too far
>>
>>53213487
So, basically, you're right because you say you are and anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot? It's nice to know that I'm arguing with a shitposter at least.

>>53213502
>I was there when it was written, and the explicit intention was for properties as in housing.
>arguing on the basis of intent
> in /jc/
>>
>>53213525
yes anon, Monopoly totally has a perk that lets you buy anyones superpowers away without their permission and that perk is totally worth less then owning a park or not getting brought up on monopolization charges.

my god you are so stupid my eyes hurt
>>
>>53213511
>thicc
She's not thicc, she's just busty.

Know the terminology.
>>
>>53213515
>>53213541
Face it, at this point THICC is just to this decade what "hot" was to the '90s.

>>53213525
>arguing on the basis of intent

Hey, you're the one trying to convince me a perk from Monopoly should give you conceptual powerstealing abilities because you won the spelling bee.
>>
File: THICC.jpg (58KB, 591x895px) Image search: [Google]
THICC.jpg
58KB, 591x895px
tell me of RWBY waifus /jc/, and who would make for good companions?
>>
>>53213573
Alright, according to the regulars who rant about RWBY-there's some bitch called Salem and some other bitch called Cinder who are irredeamable criminals but also waifu material somehow. There's also a mute criminal girl named after ice cream.

And the catgirl is terrible. Ruby herself is a cute and also a harem protagonist apparently. I forgot what they said about the albino. And there's a blonde dude who keeps getting bullied and also ignores the amazonian redhead pining for him.

Honestly I just recommend Yang because she seems to have the least bullshit connected to her.
>>
>>53213591
This anon lies, they are all horrible with no exceptions.
>>
File: wizard duck!.gif (493KB, 311x175px) Image search: [Google]
wizard duck!.gif
493KB, 311x175px
>>53213173
It's Accelerator who kills them, so anything that sufficiently derails his orders or motivation to do so will work.

Alternately:

_It's Raining Misakas!_
Conjuration (Calling)
Level: 10
Components: V,S,F,XP
Casting Time: 5 minutes
Range: Interplanar
Area: Planetary
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (no automatic failure chance)
Spell Resistance: Yes
Effect: Instantly teleports all clones of Misaka Mikoto in the target area to the caster's location, appearing in a burst spread surrounding the caster with a density of one clone per open 5ft space. If a clone makes their Will Save, resists the spell or would appear in an occupied space, the spell fails only to teleport that clone; if there is insufficient line of effect to teleport all of the clones, the spell teleports as many as it can.
Notes: Verbal, somatic and focus components involve the caster doing a live cover of It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls, substituting "Misakas" for "Men", with a clone (or the original) of Misaka Mikoto in attendance. XP component is 5xp per clone to be teleported (succeed or fail).

>>53213448
Yes, that's the one. I thought it was 600, my bad.
>>
>>53213606
I mean, that boat is probably better than most of the girls if taken at face value

I'm just saying, Yang's probably the least horrible from what I can tell

>>53213608
>5xp per clone
>Jumper loses several classes and all the levels trying to make it rain Misakas

....worth it?
>>
>>53213473

Eh, that's a bit iffy - his power isn't really just raw numbers.

He literally breaks the themes of the setting.

It's not so easy to just declare him (or anyone) vulnerable to "conceptual" effects - because "conceptual" covers an enormously broad range of potential phenomenon and interpretations.

"Conceptual" simply means it has an effect based upon a natural language description of events. It's tempting to assume that gives it the same kind of primacy over the merely material, like the "ineffable soul" gets over the physical brain, but it doesn't unless it explicitly spells that out.
>>
>>53213626
For characters like Crowley it's honestly better to just wait until they inevitably get beaten to wank ZA HAND before jumping to conclusions. Literally every magic user ever has been described as DOUBLE OMNIPOTENT until they somehow get literally slapped down.

I mean, even in Medaka Box there's a chap called Ihiko who lolnopes the bookmaker screws. But somehow the Devil Style guy holds his own against him, and then the Real Eater girl (whose body his ghost is hijacking) tricks him into switching bodies too many times so she can make him punch himself, which...retcons all his actions as well as "killing" him again.
>>
>>53213532
>>53213559
Anon, the conceptual power buying shit has nothing to do with Monopoly beyond that a combo to do that included a perk which made people sell you whatever they owned as long as you paid for it. You equating that with conceptual power stealing is retarded.
>>
>>53213623
It's only 100000xp to get them all anon, even if you're not using some form of XP mitigation munchkinry to get that down to zero. And a L10 spell is Epic, so even at worst that's only five levels unless you're foolishly trying to cast it above your pay grade, so to speak.

...yes. TWENTY THOUSAND DAUGHTERUS!
>>
>>53213658
Is that series looking to end any time soon?
>>
>>53213532
>my god you are so stupid my eyes hurt
That might just be because you're shutting them so hard because you don't want to actually read anyone's arguments. Because you have to be blind or intentionally ignoring the argument at this point.
>>
>>53213661
Anon, the point is that the monpoly perk being discussed only applies to houses/buildings, not concepts.

If you just want to buy Saitama's hero power from him, just use the Ravenloft/Ghost Rider power. Boom, you're DONE. Hell, tell him you can grant his wish of making fights exciting again and you can probably get it for free.
>>
>>53213623
>Jumper loses several classes and all the levels trying to make it rain Misakas
This meme needs to die. XP costs can't reduce your level, if paying one would cause you to go down a level the effect just fails, instead.
>>
>>53213682
Medaka Box ended years ago.

I have no clue on Index.
>>
File: 1353958623325.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1353958623325.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
You guys know this is just shitposting, right? Why bother to entertain it?
>>
>>53213670
>100000xp

...I'm not big into D&D but isn't that a lot?

>>53213695
Like I said. I'm not big on D&D.

>>53213682
Index, not Medaka. Medaka's done.

Index is nearing the home stretch but not any time soon, they're wanking the evil scientist family as well as this new kids who's basically a more cynical version of Touma with his own weird hand.
>>
>>53213658
Pretty sure you haven't read Medaka Box. Lihiko lolnopes everything except Styles, a specific type of power created by someone really recently, though he still remains one of the strongest characters even with that in mind and only killed the last user because he surprised him. The way he got beaten was by the use of a style that reverses possibility, making the least likely outcome the most likely one. Because he was so strong, his defeat went from the least likely outcome to the most likely one.

And it's not because he switched bodies so many times. It's because he switched bodies only a couple minutes ago and was thus still getting used to his new one, which let what remains of the girl briefly take control.

And it doesn't retcon his actions. It just makes his power stop applying to force things to never heal or be repaired. That's why people like Ajimu who could self resurrect came back.
>>
>>53213691
Anon, you clearly haven't fucking read this discussion. The Monopoly perk is only a PART OF A COMBO WHICH INCLUDES THE RAVENLOFT/GHOST RIDER PERKS. All it does it force the other person to make the transaction.
>>
>>53213709
Kamisato is one of the worst things to ever happen in ToAru.
>>
If Touma masturbates, will his hand erase his harem power?
>>
>>53213725
And yet it can only force them to do such with houses and motels, which makes it pointless for the combo you are trying to use it in.
>>
Jumpers, how do you intimidate people?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L5jTqkLIeQ
>>
>>53213725
>PART OF A COMBO

Nigga I saw the combo.

I'm saying the Monpoly perk doesn't add anything because it's only relevant to housing unlike the Ravenloft/Ghost RIder powers

>>53213731
It's all been downhill since Fianma, really.

It was alright back when it was basically X-men but with cute girls.

>>53213717
Well I haven't, nope.

Wait, so he's defeated simply by modifying the kind of power used? Wow, that's a lot easier to beat than the impression I got. Which must mean Ajimu has absolutely no Styles, huh.
>>
>>53213736
see >>53213367 you goddamn retard. Holy fuck. Are you not capable of reading?
>>
>>53213733
Nope. His penis is not, as far as can be determined, a fantasy.

>>53213772
This is becoming a circular argument but as people have been telling you-in the jump, "property" does not have the same scope as you're trying to imply.

You can't use semantics to game jumps.
>>
>>53213709
It IS a lot, yeah. A level X pc needs X*1000xp to reach lvl X+1. So you'd be extremely unlikely to see it cast before early Epic tier, and unlikely even then.

Or you could pick a Ring Of Elru (or similar XP mitigating maguffin, there's several in D&D itself) to lower or remove the XP cost, though a sane DM might rule that you need to have the default XP capacity to cast such spells even if you don't actually consume those XP (to avoid infinite wish spam munchkinry).
>>
>>53213766
He's beaten by using a specific form of power, yes. Different from just modifying it. And yes, Ajimu has no Styles since they were made only recently by a guy that kept very private. She only has Abnormalities and Minuses. And a bunch of weird Skills.

Should also point out that while the power did help, it was only possible at all because Lihiko had to switch bodies. He's quite literally the only thing that can harm himself after all, since all Styles do is bypass his power immunity and not his other powers, like breaking any attack against him and becoming immune to them.
>>
>>53213772
Hang on-why are you even trying to defend the combo?

I've been trying to tell you it's plausible with the Ravenloft/Ghost Rider perk alone, you could probably buy it off Saitama.

FOR FREE.

He's utterly disillusioned with being the strongest. Maybe you have to give something back so it's a proper transaction, but he'd jump at the chance to go back to having exciting fights again.
>>
>>53213805
Because he's a moooooroooon. Cares more about being right.
>>
>>53213733
His harem power comes from his hand destroying people's bond to their true love, so no.
>>
>>53213805
I don't care about the combo, it's not even fucking mine, but I refuse to accept that this asshole is right.
>>
>>53213573
Pyrrha is a world class fighting prodigy who feels alienated because she's so strong and famous no one treats her like a person. She falls hard for the first guy who's never heard of her, but he ignores her for another girl.

Being a jumper to who she's nothing special and being willing to pay attention to her instead of whining to her about another girl all the time will have her all over your dick. Plus she's obsessed with saving the world and fighting for justice and whatnot, so going jumping with you to become heroes for new worlds would be right up her alley.
>>
>>53213766
>Wow, that's a lot easier to beat than the impression I got
Apparently, most of his bullshit stems from the fact that he's so much stronger than everyone else that he can "lol nope" their shenanigans. As an example, imagine if late DBZ Goku somehow ended up in early DB, that's how they justify his immunity to powers.

What this means is that, depending on what jumps you've done before, you might be strong enough to lol nope his lol nope and either have a fair fight or just crush him outright.
>>
>>53213745
By budding.
>>
>>53213824
That's...not really right. He just has multiple powers that result in everyone being weaker, they're not just explaining him being really strong.
>>
>>53213782
>His penis is not, as far as can be determined, a fantasy.
Out of all the shit Index has asked the reader to accept, that is the most unbelievable.
>>
>>53213822
Pyrrha doesn't deserve love or happiness or hair.
>>
>>53213839
>Butt-blasted Penny fag
>>
>>53213608
Of course the real fun will begin when the local magic users/gods notice that someone just teleported twenty thousand people.

Including the one whose pet project involves those clones.
>>
>>53213857
t. Pyrrha.
>>
>>53213793
Okay so-let me get this straight: Things can bypass his power immunity, but his own power is the only thing

So if you wanted to hurt him with SMT magic, you'd have to use something like Pierce as well as one of the mind control magics to make him hit himself instead of directly applying Almighty damage?

>>53213824
>>53213829
Isn't he basically Saitama before Saitama was a thing?

Apparently medaka box has some weird meta shit going on I've never really understood.

>>53213833
He's been kicked there and reacted with appropriate levels of pain a few times, for what that's worth.

I think.

I could be wrong.

>>53213820
I'm not even part of this argument, but I've looked up the jump and you're the one trying to use semantic to justify a perk from a board game about buying houses having anything to do with buying actual powers.

We're all assholes here, but a dictionary does not make you the right one.
>>
>>53213863
*his power is the only thing that can directly damage him
>>
>>53213805
Offer to buy only half of his power so you and he can spar?
>>
>>53213873
I guess that works too?
>>
>>53213658
Index does have rules though. Ones only defined or explained partially over the course of over 20 light novels, but they actually do make some utterly insane kind of sense when you know enough about it.
>>
>>53213863
If you wanted to hurt him with SMT, you'd fail, since he'd just be immune. You'd have to use a Style or somehow direct him into hurting himself. Pierce wouldn't work since he's immune to powers that bypass immunities (Ajimu and Medaka both have those) and would be immune to mind control (Again, same examples).

At best you could maybe swing that instead of Styles it's modern word based powers that get around his defenses but it's a big stretch and it'd still need to deal with his other powers, like becoming immune to attacks or breaking attacks used on him.

He basically is Saitama but even more meta and with more powers, hence the bullshit. At the very least all his bullshit can amount to strength, durability, immunities and stopping people from changing what he's done.
>>
>>53213898
I know it has rules. I'm just saying at the moment it's not clear how Crowley fits into them, considering his character arc is defined by the fact he more or less broke said rules to create the concept of science or some shit.

Has he even used his archtype controller ability outside that bit of background lore?
>>
>>53213898
>Over the course of 20
The main series, season 1 and 2, alone have 40 novels. Add another 18 for the main spin offs and probably at least another 12 for one off spin offs. Probably 10 more if you count parody novels too.
>>
>>53213915
>Immune to powers that bypass immunities
What if I use a power that can bypass immunities to bypass the power that makes him immune to powers that bypass immunities?
>>
>>53213898
Probably what I like best about his stuff. He's made this huge, varied world of so much bullshit and it manages to actually fit together better then a lot of much smaller, much more focused magic based stories do.
>>
>>53213915
>he'd just be immune

But SMT has powers that explicitly bypass immunities that work on all kinds of higher beings. What do Styles have that make them unique? Definitely not swinging it has anything to do with modern word powers when the Real Eater girl doesn't sem to do that.

Do they just...work? If so, don't SMT immunity bypassing magics "just work" in a sense when an ornary human can hypothetically punch out deities in control of the cycle that creates and destroys multiverses?

>>53213942
oh geeze please don't go there, I'm just trying to get a handle on stuff and my head's hurting already
>>
>>53213945
>it manages to actually fit together

I disagree.

WHAT focused magic based stories?
>>
>>53213942
Then he'd be immune to the power that let you bypass his immunities.

Dude, this guy was immune to Ajimu's powers. She couldn't beat him over hundreds of years of trying, despite having a guy that could make any power and give it to her. I seriously doubt you'd be able to think of a way to get around it when the most meta, absurd parody of power levels and hax ever could not.
>>
>>53213965
Why are the absolutes in this setting stronger than the absolutes in another setting?
>>
>>53213965
Is he immune to diplomancy? You could always talk him into killing himself.
>>
>>53213952
Yes but Lihiko's immunity continues to work despite the fact that Ajimu has powers that should let her bypass his defenses.

I don't know why Styles work and others don't. Real Eater girl doesn't know any Styles, why would she be able to do anything with that? Like I mentioned, they're a very recent invention known to a very limited number of people. Like I said before though, Lihiko has ignored abilities that should allow people to get past his defences, so I don't believe SMT immunity bypassing magics should work when similar things have not. I also don't think using power levels examples in SMT of all things is a terribly fair idea given how no one can actually say for sure how they work.
>>
>>53213965
Jump-chan is stronger than Ajimu. A power that we've received from the Benefactor has the potential to do what Ajimu's powers can't. I'm not saying it automatically would win, but assuming that fiat perks absolutely won't work on this guy is silly. It's at least worth a shot.
>>
>>53213980
They're not? Why would a power that bypasses immunities work better if you stack them? Please don't bring us back to that dumb exalted argument again.

>>53213982
Could work. He is a person and has been reasoned with.
>>
File: 14de5e29725bcdb3059466bdbbcde866.jpg (344KB, 1089x1563px) Image search: [Google]
14de5e29725bcdb3059466bdbbcde866.jpg
344KB, 1089x1563px
Everyone needs to drop what they're doing and head over to Humble Bundle to grab Dungeons 2.

It's literally free and a great Dungeon Keeper/Evil Genius style game. Seriously. Totally free for the next three hours. Get it!

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/dungeons-2
>>
>>53213999
THIS JUST IN, LITHIKO TRUMPS PERKS BUT STYLES DON'T, STYLES ARE STRONGER THAN FIAT
>>
>>53214002
But no one has mentioned any fiat perks. People brought up in setting SMT powers. If you bring up a perk, I'd agree it should either work or at least have a chance of working (I think it would work personally). I've only said that he'd still be immune when people brought up powers from other settings, not perks.
>>
>>53213999
If Styles can work, why can't out of context bullshit? They're identical in that they're stuff that hasn't been seen before.
>>
>>53214024
See >>53214027 before you get uppity. No one has mentioned anything specific but SMT powers from in universe like Pierce, that do not have fiat. If you bring up something like that perk from Baten Kaitos or the Lord of Light jump, I've only said I agree they should work. Other perks for it I also agree should work.
>>
>>53214027
Aren't powers and perks essentially the same thing?
>>
File: 1464878789039.png (302KB, 467x647px) Image search: [Google]
1464878789039.png
302KB, 467x647px
What perks do we have for getting around bullshit?

You know, the stuff that's so stupid that it causes the audience physical pain. What do we have that lets you just punch them anyway?
>>
>>53214045
That's probably more a matter of personal interpretation I think, since I imagine people have different views there.
>>
>>53213999
Okay this is all very confusing but if Styles bypass Ihiko's powers "just because" when they were cooked up in a lab by some guy. Isn't it just as valid, if not plausible, to assume SMT bypassing magic also works "just because" when there isn't even a coherent explaination for how his mechanism or the Styles' mechanism works?

Could you list the relevant powers this Ajimu has-specifically the ones alleged to function like Pierce?
>>
>>53214057
If you mean genres I think No More Heroes has something for that in the drop in tree.

If you mean actually punching things Fallen London has Fists of Judgement
>>
>>53214066
I'll try to find them but it might take me a few minutes. She has a lot. Will post again in a minute.

I don't know why Pierce, which is much more similar to the powers he can block, would work. He doesn't have a problem blocking new things and I've already told you my best guess is that word based verbal powers get around his defences.
>>
>>53214066
Adding to this-it's not as if the folks of Medaka Box's universe have ever met SMT by default and a lot of the powers have an element of intelligent design behind them or some connection to the users' worldview. So conceivably something out of their experience would surely be something they're less likely to know how to deal with
>>
>>53214086
That's fair enough and thank you. Thought I'd ask just to see how similar Ajimu's powers are.
>>
I wish the Medaka Box jump's author was still around and could make a ruling on interactions.

Also, and I think I've said this before, I think drop-in gets screwed over since their perks are competing with superpowers, and it triggers my autism that it justifies no freebies with "everyone is unique," but then all the Abnormalities are just copies of canon ones.
>>
>>53214023
Seems a bit weird to be telling a Traditional Games Image Board to get a game.

...He says as he set's up an account to get it while typing this.
No, he does not know why he is speaking in third person.
>>
>>53214066
>Beginner's Hard Luck Make defense impossible skill.

First I found. One of her many Martial Arts Skills. Yes, I know it doesn't have much detail, most of her powers don't, but it seems fairly straightforward.

She also has an ability to nullify any power she wants, which failed as well.

>>53214103
The problem I see with this is that it applies the other way too. Why would Pierce or similar skills from one universe continue to work on everything else as normal? Obviously perks have fiat behind them but in setting powers like this shouldn't be using the argument "Well this setting should abide by the laws of the power I'm using and not by the laws of it's own powers".
>>
>>53214023
Might as well, it's free.
>>
>>53214146
...So Styles trump everything from other settings then?
>>
>>53214066
Uh, not him but, why would pierce do anything?Doesn't that only get through immunities to physical damagte or elemental damage? Or is this just an example thing to use?
>>
>>53214191
No? Can you stop putting words in my mouth? I even suggested that verbal word based powers would get around his defenses like Styles do. The only reason I pointed the problem with your argument out was that it seemed to be taking SMT as being above Medaka for some reason, the exact same thing you're accusing me of. I didn't even say either trumped the other, just pointed out it could go either way and isn't a good argument/
>>
>>53214023
Awesome; thanks for telling us, Yoro!
>>
File: 784d5b4d3e8d36ac7680728f4af28ecf.png (308KB, 1188x1786px) Image search: [Google]
784d5b4d3e8d36ac7680728f4af28ecf.png
308KB, 1188x1786px
>>53214136
Eh. It's /JC/. We're a diverse bunch and it's a great video game. Plus I kinda like you guys. Didn't want anyone to miss out.
>>
>>53214146
Well, can't argue with that logic. That sentence came out looking a lot more flippant than I meant but seriously-thanks for the sxplainations

>>53214191
From what I gather it's more Styles are this guys specific weakness like garlic for vampires

Because...reasons
>>
>>53214231
I'm sorry it's taking me so long to find the others. The wiki has this huge background picture of a character behind the letters and it makes everything very hard to read, even with my glasses.
>>
>>53214202
Oh and he's not me by the way. I brought up SMT magic, he just cut in
>>
>>53214212
>Plus I kinda like you guys
Well somethings off with you. Because of all the waifu's, we are easily the worst.

Probably, Stockholm Syndrome or something. You should go on a vacation.
>>
>>53214243
I know. Sorry if I came across as accusing you two of being the same, I didn't mean to.
>>
>>53214202
The original argument was whether this guys immunity to everything was even applicable to things outside of Medaka's setting when even in setting they're supposed to be infallible and still don't work on all powers.
>>
>>53214255
There's a difference between "This guys powers don't work on things from out of setting that are similar to the things they don't work on in setting" and "His powers don't work on anything out of setting because". I'm pretty sure I've shown that he's ignored effects that would ignore or directly shut down his powers and that the only things that do work are a specific type of power. Doesn't it make more sense to assume that things similar to those powers would also work on him, rather then assuming anything from out of setting that might apply will trump his powers?

(And in honesty, I'm also not bringing up that there's a guy who can make any power he wantsand Ajimu has trilliions more unnamed powers and many powers taht can be interpreted as working, because I wanted to only use the most directly obviously applicable ones and not anything that could be too vague)
>>
File: 876335298cc9f30c6de0b34ba972d063.jpg (306KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
876335298cc9f30c6de0b34ba972d063.jpg
306KB, 1280x720px
>>53214246
Insert vaguely tsundere noises here.
Actually, I'm planning to do exactly the opposite and stop all chain related writing to work exclusively on Jump Documents for the next little while. Partly because I'm pretty sure splitting my focus is hurting my productivity overall.

Partly because if I don't clear out at least a few of these notepads full of ideas on my Google Drive they're going to start outnumbering those for actual writing.

Anyways, off to work now. Be back in a few hours.
>>
>>53214285
But the problem is that the Immunity to everything doesn't even work on Styles which are something from inside the setting itself, for no apparent reason other than that they're new or special somehow compared to the powers demonstrated elsewhere in the setting.

So why the heck would out of context powers be treated the same as everything else when Styles aren't? Wouldn't it make more sense for perks and abilities from other settings to work just like styles do instead of being no sold?
>>
>>53214327
Why would they? it's not that these powers with no special category are bypassing it for no reason. Styles all follow specific rules that differ them from all other powers so logically those differences are what makes them bypass his powers. Those differences are being word/verbal based.

Why would outside context powers auto bypass his powers? There's no reason to while the idea that Styles do because of their words has at least some support due to them all sharing that common factor. It makes more sense, not much but more, that powers that follow that same rule would also bypass his immunity rather then all powers bypassing it for the sake of it.

Would you say that fire magic from Fairy Tail would automatically bypass any resistance to fire or magic from DnD or SMT? There's no reason to assume it. But song magic from one of the above settings used against Lihiko has at least a little support because he has shown to be vulnerable to a category of powers based on words.
>>
>>53214327
Anon, if you're saying that, you might as well say no one is immune to any of your powers because they're out of context, no matter what the immunity is to or held by. Heck, SMT immunities don't work against certain moves, you reckon that means powers from other jumps just straight up go through them?
>>
>>53214364
But that's dumb because you literally made up. Like, not joking, you basically just spewed a load of fanwank at me as justification for why Styles should work where out of context powers shouldn't.
>>
>>53214364
Not him but-assuming we operate on the "word powers bypass Ihiko" theory, do you think that means mystical languages that directly affect reality like the Correspondence, Old Tainish, maybe HSDW, the Thu'um and the skaldic powers/Odin's runes from Viking Saga would work on him?
>>
Iihiko basically represents the reader. No matter how powerful a character in a manga is, he can just rip apart the pages, which is why his damanga is irreversible. The fact that he lost in the end was simply the author pussying out.
>>
>>53214395
Erm, what? Yes, it's not explicitly stated, but it's also the only thing that connects all Styles and might justify why they work. Do you have a better idea for why they work against him? I'd love to hear because your idea so far amounted to "All out of context powers automatically bypass his powers, despite the fact that Styles aren't out of context powers".

At least I'm giving a reason instead of wanking that my powers trump all other settings because they're from another setting.
>>
>>53214406
If we're following that theory, that'd be my best guess.
>>
>>53214416
Actually, no. The reason why he could only be defeated by Styles is that the attacks of manga characters can't "damage" the reader, only their words.
>>
File: Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg (158KB, 728x1092px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora and Matsuri.jpg
158KB, 728x1092px
Howdy /JC/ I've been working hard in the real world, so progress on the Orcs and Goblins has been slower than usual. I'm done with racial stuff and am now on origin perks.That said I've decided, with feedback, that only the intro should be be in Greenskin speak, which is basically Orky talk if you know what that means. Just a minor update whilst I gnaw away at this bone that I've picked up.

Merlin (BBC) Jump 101:
CP: 1000
Drawbacks:
Warlock with a Grudge [+200]
Curse of the Bastet [+600]
Origin: Drop-In [Free]
Perks:
Just a Humble Servant [Free]
The Future is Not Certain [-400]
Child of Magic [-800]
Items:
Unlimited Supply of Ale [Free]
Dragon-Forged Weapon (Chekov’s Gun) [-600]

No writefagging for this one guys, sorry I usually would do so but this place isn't sparking my muse at all. Also I'm out of stored Jumps that I've done so if you guys wanna drop some suggestions I'll take eight. I will take only one suggestion per anon, but I'm more than willing to take one from multiple choices.
>>
>>53214460
Iji
Vanquish
American McGee's Alice
>>
>>53214388
No, but Ihiko's immunity objectively isn't perfect because it doesn't work on Styles, which are an in setting power, despite trumping anti-defense powers.
Take this fir example; if one of Ajimu's powers was to hit people by yelling at them really loudly, would that work any better than her other abilities?

You're assuming the reason why Styles work in particular over other powers in setting is because they're word based; an argument that has no actual support, so we can safely dismiss this.

This leaves us with the conclusion that there's no real particular reason Ihiko's immunity would or wouldn't work on out of setting powers, because whether or not they apply at all is inconsistent depending on what subset of power they are and not what the power itself is.

So we return to the initial question; why would Ihiko's immunities work any better against out of context powers than they do against Styles? They obviously aren't the same as whatever other people in the setting are working with. Why would Styles work when magic or whatever else don't? Why wouldn't magic or whatever else not work when Styles do?

But let's take it for granted that you're right. Nothing from out of setting works, Ihiko is immune to all of it just like he's immune to everything from his own setting with the exception of styles, even things which should bypass his immunity outright, because that's how he's been show to work. But Styles do work, somehow, despite being something from the setting itself made up by one guy recently.

What the fuck? Are you insulting my intelligence? Get out with this stupid wank.
>>
>>53214606
>No actual support
Despite the fact that it's the only explanation that works and covers all the holes and that it isn't "There's no reason so all my powers work as I say so", yeah it has no support.

As I've said many times, I've explained the reason why I think Styles work. One you seem to keep ignoring because it's not explicitly explained in the text.

I'm not going to respond further to you given how opposed you are to any possible explanation that doesn't result in all your powers automatically trumping this guys defenses. You be happy with that idiocy. You can post back if you want but I'm going to bed soon.
>>
>>53214660
>Despite the fact that it's the only explanation that works and covers all the holes and that it isn't "There's no reason so all my powers work as I say so", yeah it has no support.
YOU FUCKING MADE IT UP! DON'T ACT LIKE IT'S CANON OR MAKES SENSE JUST BECAUSE YOU LIKE TO BELIEVE IT'S TRUE AND THINK IT FITS! IT'S STILL JUST YOUR FUCKING HEADCANON!

Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>53214686
...anon, you really might want to stop with the whole "Kettle Pot" business given neither of you have any support. You're just looking like idiots.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg (22KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 1.jpg
22KB, 250x250px
>>53214581
>Iji
Haven't been there yet and moar Nanomachines sounds like a plan I can get behind. I was tempted by Vanquish though.

>>53214606
>>53214660
>>53214686
Just wanna chime in here and leave you guys with this:
Irreversible Destruction: Any damage Iihiko deals to the world does not heal; Shiranui states he was a man born to destroy the world. Whether natural or skill based, Iihiko's actions cannot be recovered from. This ability seems to negate even Kumagawa's All Fiction.[Medaka Box manga; Chapter 164, pages 10-11] However, the true horror of this ability manifests itself in Iihiko's defense; the stronger an attack used against him, the further the attack itself will be "broken", and never return to normal.[Medaka Box manga; Chapter 178, page 8] However, if Iihiko is defeated, then the damage will become reparable; in this way, Iihiko's irreversible destruction functions on the same principles as a style.[Medaka Box manga; Chapter 184, page 3]
>>
>>53214686
Didn't the guy admit it was fanwank and him just trying to make sense of it? You're being a cunt anon. Just walk away if it gets you so pissy.
>>
>>53214686
God damn you are one pissy little bitch about this. It's your fucking headcanon too mate. I thought you were both being autismo faggots but you've really taken the cake with that post.
>>
Guys, can we move the fuck on already? Argument is (Hopefully) dropped and we really should just move on.

>>53214700
>>53214686
Gauntlet, don't think that's the bit they're talking about
>>
>>53214704
He's arguing on the basis of his fanwank though and it drives me fucking crazy that he feels so fucking entitled to his opinion that he believes just because he thinks it's true it might as well be. Fuck, he's so fucking stupid.
>>
>>53214732
Holy shit you arrogant cuntwad. You are doing exactly the same thing as he is. You are both just as fucking stupid as each other. The only difference is he isn't screaming obscenities.
>>
>>53214732
>He's arguing on his fanwank that the powers work one way and that makes me mad
>Says the man arguing on his fanwank that the powers work another way
And this ladies and gentleman, is why you never argue about a meta series like MB because it doesn't care about power levels and neither should you.
>>
What if you use Full Counter (physical) against Iihiko?

Does he kills himself?
>>
>>53214755
Medaka actually tries to use a power that's basically Full Counter but it works on everything, even concepts, and does so automatically. Doesn't work.

Of course autismo up there would have you believe it beats him automatically but up to you if you want to believe him or not.
>>
>>53214460
Is that whfb orks, or 40k orks?
>>
>>53214778
fantasy
>>
>>53214753
This. So much this. The only time when power levels in this manga made ANY sense was in the Flask Plan bit, since that was fairly straightforward battle shounen and even then the end of it got pretty fuckin confusin. Anything past that is straight into meta conceptual lalaland.
>>
>>53214739
>You are doing exactly the same thing as he is.
I'm literally not though. I've never asserted anything about the canon of Medaka. I was arguing on the grounds of jumpchain and out of context bullshit, which is inherently a gray area, and even then, my argument was 'Styles work, why wouldn't out of context powers?' this fuckwad, this absolutely braindead moron, basically just decided 'Styles work because they're word based, so obviously only word based powers might work and nothing else does' which has no canonical basis at all. Casas
>>
>>53214766
Encounter was not that perfect.

But for that matter, neither was Full Counter.
>>
>>53214790
I don't see any difference between either of your arguments. Neither of you have any canon basis at all, both of you are applying vague assumptions based on your own beliefs of how things work on either an intra or inter jump basis and both of you have holes people can poke in your arguments, whether it be due to canon contradictions or due to cross jump interactions never being set or some other reason. The only difference is that you're a giga cunt about the whole affair, hence why you got so many people mocking you, especially now that you continue responding even when the other guy left.
>>
>>53214813
It pushed away even the guys death and bad feelings. Even his misfortune went to others.

At the very least it's certainly done everything Full Counter has.
>>
>>53214827
Except the Scar Dead incident. Which is again proof that Medaka Power levels don't work because Medaka was never about power levels.
>>
>>53213058
Depends on what it is and why I don't use it anymore, but it will either be combined with my new gear, stored as a backup, or somehow rendered into useful materials for making or enhancing other things.

For example, something like the Megaton Hammer from Zelda or a Goblin-Forged weapon from Harry Potter might be merged with a mechashift weapon from RWBY to add a hammer form and fire magic from the Megaton Hammer, or the beneficial property absorption of Goblin-forged weapons.

Something like a laser gun that isn't as powerful as my current laser gun would either be combined to add a different power setting, or stored as a backup in case of the loss/destruction of my primary laser gun.

A Magical Artifact that does something less effectively than another similar artifact would probably be stored.

Something with significant drawbacks that meant I only even used it because it was my only method of getting a required result will probably be rendered into materials. I might absorb the magic from it, or disrupt whatever enchantments it has to that it retains the magical energy but loses the effect, then melt it down into a magically imbued material for use in other things.

On the super rare case that it's a completely mundane item that I have literally no use for, I'd intend to sell it for a little cash but realistically it would probably just sit forgotten in some dark corner of my warehouse.
>>
>>53214827
I'm not saying that it didn't have broader effects, I'm just saying that isn't as perfect as you described it, and thus saying that one didn't work won't mean that any similar conceptual skills won't.

Anyway, the best way to deal with FRESHman is the same against any other threat Always an Ending + The Goal to All Life is Death + your favorite insta-kill ability
>>
>>53214818
>even when the other guy left.
Like I'm going to believe that. I know he's still around.

I frankly don't give a shit if I'm mocked, I just validates me. Just as much as I don't actually care if the other guy sees me insulting him, since I just want to voice how much of a fucking idiot he is where ever I can for my own satisfaction.
>>
>>53214868
....man, we just had a whole argument about combos just like that....let's not start agaaaain

I don't think I could take seeing more stupid from two people
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 2.png (278KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 2.png
278KB, 300x450px
>>53214700
>>53214686
>>53214660
>>53214606
Now the reason that Styles work against Iihiko is because they were explicitly made by Professor Fukurou Tsurubami [Medaka Box manga; Chapter 170, page 3] to counter the skill resistance of Iihiko Shishime.[Medaka Box manga; Chapter 170, page 18]

>>53214717
Then what are they talking about?

I mean his other abilities are being really durable, super strength, and a one-up that takes years to recover from. His durability is really insanely high which makes his Irreversible Destruction really good on the defensive because he 'kills' attacks so that they aren't a problem after he's tanked them once, even if they come back upgraded. So attacks based on concepts he's never encountered before should technically work, I think, but attacks based on concepts that he's encountered before might not. I'm not exactly sure how Irreversible Destruction kills things on the defensive though.

Styles work because they were made to beat Irreversible Destruction and his other abilities explicitly.

>>53214778
As >>53214782 said it will be the WFB: Orcs and Goblins good anon.

>>53214818
This is also something they should take into account. Each person can just play their own game of Jumpchain, agreeing to disagree where they have disagreements.

>>53214854
Can I use some of these ideas?
>>
>>53214873
Can you go away already? The argument is over and you're just shitting up the place by responding to people mocking you, who you supposedly don't care about.
>>
>>53214892
Oh, so you're that kind of shitposter.

Then I guess we are done here.
>>
>>53214902
Saying they were made to counter him explains nothing gauntlet (By the way thanks you asshole for restarting this argument you giant fucking asshole), because it doesn't tell us HOW they were made to counter him.

Answering for others now in the vain hope this won't restart.

They're talking about his innate immunity to powers. His attack breaking thing is separate to that. It's why none of Medaka's copied powers worked on him despite her saying she tried to use them. If it was just as you say, they all should have worked because he never experienced them before.

Again, saying they were made to work explains nothing about how they do what they were made to do, which is the important bit.
>>
>>53214938
You'll find gauntlet has an incessant need to be right about Medaka Box and will happily drive a thread to shit to do it
>>
File: 0154-009.jpg (366KB, 903x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0154-009.jpg
366KB, 903x1300px
Since we are on the Medaka Box subject, is there a better waifu for a Jumper?
>>
>>53214902
>Superhuman Durability: Iihiko shrugged off an attack from Zenkichi as nothing more than an itch.[61] He was also left unscathed by the combined efforts of five Abnormals, even though he claimed his body was weakened at the time.[62] Iihiko is unaffected by both Abnormalities and Minuses; rather, he seems not to notice when skills are used against him.[63] After Iihiko sees an attack once, it will not work against him a second time, as he will no longer recognize it as an attack.[64]

>Iihiko is unaffected by both Abnormalities and Minuses; rather, he seems not to notice when skills are used against him.[63]
>>
>>53214965
>Open Doormaker all around him
>Suddenly, he is in another dimension inside of a star
Tanks are not that hard to deal with.
>>
>>53214902
Hey Gaunlet,how is your weapon going?
>>
>>53214995
Best to put him in a black hole actually. Ajimu was shown on page destroying a star so Lihiko, as her undefeated opponent, might be able to survive that. Maybe not but with doormaker it doesn't take any extra effort to go for a black hole right?

Always go for black holes.
>>
>>53214995
Doesn't Doormaker only have planetary range? As in it can only reach places on the same planet and alternate universe versions of that planet?
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg (79KB, 753x597px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 3.jpg
79KB, 753x597px
>>53214938
Huh shouldn't that be noted as a different power then. I mean as >>53214965 pointed out I didn't see a very essential line because I thought the power was just his tankyness. Thank you both for being civil in your reprimands.

>>53214945
Nah I don't always need to be right. I merely pointed out the facts as I've seen them. I have been corrected.

>>53215015
Do you mean my gun, my sword, or my suit?

>>53215032
Black Holes are neat problem solvers, but it's been difficult to get a power that allows me to use them without endangering everyone. Any suggestions?
>>
>>53215059
The Medaka wiki is...it has it's ups and downs. On one hand it's pretty detailed, as long as you don't mind it missing some of the jap only novels, but on the other hand it can get pretty messy. The background picture is horrendous, I can see why others were complaining.

Understandable why you missed it.
>>
>>53215059
>Do you mean my gun, my sword, or my suit?

Sword.

>Black Holes are neat problem solvers, but it's been difficult to get a power that allows me to use them without endangering everyone. Any suggestions?

Gravity manipulation?
>>
>>53215056
Range expands with time, anon.
>>
>>53215059
No purely physical or material attack is going to work against Iihiko, because >>53214441
It's just "speculation", but anyone who has actually read the manga instead of just wikidiving would see that there's substantial evidence for it. So just beat him with one of those few hundred charisma perks we have, or anything else that functions via voice.
>>
>>53215155
Your even more full of shit then the two idiots arguing earlier.
>>
>>53215155
Riiiight. And noooo one spoke to him in his centuries of life till the protagonists did, with their special super power words and unique advantages and Lihiko's handicap.

God you are dumb.
>>
>>53215184
Did you actually read the manga? Its whole point is that it's meta bullshit.
>>
>>53215148
True, but do you have any idea of how far away the sun is? It is really far away anon, it could be a long time before your range gets that wide.
>>
File: Loser smile.png (72KB, 502x197px) Image search: [Google]
Loser smile.png
72KB, 502x197px
>>53215214
Time Chamber.
>>
>>53215197
No, actually. One of the biggest plot points of a main arc was that it WASN'T meta bullshit. The entire Ajimu/Zenkichi election arc was all about showing Ajimu that her belief that it was all a manga was wrong and that she was just deluded. That there wasn't such a thing as a main character who always won. The manga is meta but it is explicitly not in the way you describe.
>>
What would be some good settings to create a bunch of magical girls and release them upon evil-doers?
>>
>>53215285
Madoka and Infernals might be of help.
>>
File: Vanquish!.jpg (72KB, 680x358px) Image search: [Google]
Vanquish!.jpg
72KB, 680x358px
Wew Lad. This is my longest singlular build yet, i think.

>>Vanquish (1000) (124)
Identity
0800>Order of the Red Star; Officer -200
0800>Providence, Defending -000
Perks and Items
0800>Bzzzt!?! (Free ORS) -000
0650>Crackle!?! (Disc. ORS) -150
0600>One Cold Bastard (Discount Officer) -050
0500>Cybernetically Enchanced (Disc. Officer) -100
0350>TechnopathicRobotArmyControl(Disc. Officer)-150
0150>"Bogey, 12 o'clock" (Disc. Officer) -200
-150>UPGRADE Cubes -300
-150>MilitaryColonyArmoringDataCache(Free ORS) -000
-550>FortifiedColonyDefenceSystem (Disc.Officer)-400
-650>Robot Company (Discount Officer) -100
-850>Marine (Charlie) Company -200
-900>CP to RP -050
Cybernetics (500)
0500>Communications Uplink -000
0350>NeuralControlInterfaceImplant(Disc.Officer)-150
0150>Colonist Health Enhancement Implant -200
0050>Lung Purification Implant -100
-050>Retinal Implant Upgrade -100

First Post. Oh Man.
I've got some unique tech perks, along with a cognitive booster that will translate very well over to my Hivemind Project. I'm also RUSSIAN! I drink vodka and fuck bitches.This is also the section where I gain Unit Requisition, Suit Customization, and Cybernetics. All the cybernetics are just gonna be reverse engineered by yours truly, though it also assists with the Robotic Control Components that will eventually be a crew and Swarm Force. Also, I spend all my CP here, despite it not even being 1/3 of my build. Kill me.
>(cont.)
>>
>>53212655
There was a lot less fire than I thought there'd be.
>>
File: Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg (109KB, 638x575px) Image search: [Google]
Kagetora Hyodo 4.jpg
109KB, 638x575px
>>53215084
Ah. I seen.

>>53215135
The plan continues to be a bit of a problem. I currently have it as both my Black Blood Demon Weapon (Soul Eater) and my Death Scythe (Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy) and any time I get a chance I import it. Though in the current chain it's already got a mind of it's own, it's the Dragon's Edge from Hero BBS and is basically a senile dragon, as in a dragon so old he's having trouble remembering stuff, whom my Jumper suspects is actually a previous Jumper or is getting downloads from Jump-Chan because he's knowledgeable about every Jump they've every gone to. [Not sure where that Plot point is going but it's bulleted in my list of Thyngs Happenin' in Mah Chain]

So yeah it's going well.
>>
>>53215155
Isn't Testament User all about pulling a Majora's Mask on Iihiko?
>>
File: penny is cute! CUTE!.gif (2MB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
penny is cute! CUTE!.gif
2MB, 250x300px
>>53213511
>Every girl

Lies and slander.
>>
>>53212655
Cold. Dark. Wet.
Things tried to kill me and eat my soul to return to Life.
I decided I don't like being dead, and I'd be better off just letting the Abhorsen handle that side of things.
>>
File: 1411807202153.jpg (75KB, 455x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411807202153.jpg
75KB, 455x500px
Wow. Autism levels are rising fast.
The answer to the Iihiko is simple: He's immune to SKILLS. (Abnormalities and Minuses, basically what Ajimu has) Styles aren't SKILLS so they work. It's on the wiki, try reading his article.
Slap on that Super Strength, Super Durability and the ability to deal Unhealing Wounds and you get someone who looks invincible but is far from it.
Also he has Adaptive Immunity. I'm too lazy to go read Medaka Box right now, but depending on whether that immunity works by being hit or seing an attack you could counter it, if it's seeing the attack, by preventing him from seeing what you do.

TLDR: He is immune to most in-setting powers and can get immunities to stuff from out of setting, but you can defeat him easily enough.
>>
Can WE MOVE THE FUCK ON ALREADY
>>
>>53215196
Of course not. Until Ajimu created all those Abnormalities and Minuses the protagonists that challanged him were apparently really generic sword'n'shield types. They wouldn't have some convenient word-based power like styles.

>>53215231
I just read that chapter, and I gotta say, I completly forgot just how shit it was. That's why I forgot about it I guess. Anyway, what Medaka says is all fine and good, but she is actually wrong, and it's all a manga in the end. We read it after all. And she didn't even dispute Ajimu, just spew some bullshit along the lines of "life is great, so live it".
>>
>>53215462
Easiest solution; have the perk that makes every move you make seem to everyone who sees it totally original and new even if you do it over and over again.
>>
>>53215462
>Also he has Adaptive Immunity. I'm too lazy to go read Medaka Box right now, but depending on whether that immunity works by being hit or seing an attack you could counter it, if it's seeing the attack, by preventing him from seeing what you do.
I think it works on both actually. If he sees it coming he does it consciously, because it could hit him, and if he's hit by it he does it unconsciously, because it DID hit him.
>>
>>53215521
We have a perk for that?
>>
>>53215484
Be the change you want to see, anon. Start a new topic. It's too late, anyway, but you can at least try.
>>
>>53213058
I don't think I've ever hit that point really. I get a lot of stuff but most of it is still used by me otherwise I wouldn't pick it up, you know?

Really, its the odd things like stashes or armories of standard weapons that get used the least. Those are used and rotated around by various multi-companions such as Cultists, Followers and Minions.

Sure, magic is nice but 50 magically enhanced AK-47s and Stinger Missiles is nicer.
>>
>>53215518
>it's how I say it is even if it contradicts what the series itself tells us
*sigh*
>>
File: dog.jpg (699KB, 941x1179px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
699KB, 941x1179px
>>53215371
>Suit Upgrades (1000)
0900>Suit Integration (Praetor Suit)(ARS Suit) -100
0900>Powered Actuators, EM Charge -000
0900>HEat Dispersion Systems -000
0800>Upgraded Power Core -100
0800>B.L.A.D.E. System (Free ARS) -000
0800>Demolition Charges (Free ARS) -000
0700>MagnetoPlasmaDynamic Thrusters (Disc. ARS) -100
0600>Nano Regeneration System (Disc. ARS) -100
0500>E.M.S. & Nano-Defibrillator (Disc. ARS) -100
0350>Support Unit (Discount ARS) (Import DeeOhGee) -150
0250>Armor Upgrade -100
0200>Hack Hands (Discount ARS) -050
0000>Magneto Plasma Dynamic Flight System -200
>Weapon Customization
0500>BLADE System -000
0400>Weapon Import- Armor -100
0400>Enhanced Materials -000
0300>Collapsable -100
0250>Heavy Machine Gun (Discount BLADE) -050
0200>Disk Launcher (Discount BLADE) -050
0100>Anti-Armor Pistol (Discount BLADE) -100
0050>Common Grenade Dispenser (Disc. BLADE) -050
0000>Memory Cache Enhancment (Discount BLADE) -050
0000>Assault Rifle -000
Alright, so i went with the ARS Suit because BOGEY suits are fucking ugly. And, the jump says you can choose.
I specc'd the suit to be as sustainable as possible, as well as keeping the user alive being a priority. It's incorporated into my Praetor Armor, which meshed well and proved to be most effective in regards to sustaining mobility and (relative) empathetic, human perception. The Support unit is DeOhGee, my wonderful Dog. Alt forms are a blast, and he's now *technically* part of my armor, as a secondary power supply. Once I get in world I'll modify the suit so it runs perpetually, with DeOhGee functioning as an amplifier.
Weapon Customization is alright, I imported the Armor as a weapon, as it has blasters, but they are not overwhelmingly useful. Shoulder Mounted laser is taking a load of this, though I believe I will be able to incorporate parts of this into the armor. I have little interest in the actual firepower, as Magitech transitions will be underway Post-Jump.
>>
>>53215541
Knowledge of Respect and Harmony EX, Fate Servant Supplement.
Don't remember if there are other abilities like that.
>>
>>53215371
>>53215578
Uh, what jump is this?
>>
>>53215565
The series itself tells us nothing, and it is never explicitly, objectivly stated whether Ajimu is right or not. Besides, without that explanation the whole Fresh arc would be fucking retarded.

Also
>*sigh*
>>
>>53215611
Vanquish. I forgot to >cont. at the end of the last post, the third one on its way,

It's about space Russians trying to destroy the world.
>>
>>53213573
Standards aren't thick, they've just got a high block coefficient! Don't insult my shipfu!
>>
>>53213745
I use OoC powers to wreck someone or something that should be impressive for the setting and try to make it look casual if I can. I don't do it a lot but if you're in a setting you completely overpower it can be fun to do to anyone who is particularly an asshat. For Example, using Kosmikê Katatrophê from Negima to obliterate a dragon or giant basilisk or something in Harry Potter to terrify a bunch of Death Eaters.
>>
>>53215056
That's why you find an alternate dimension where the Earth is already inside a star. You know, one where something went really bad and caused the sun to inflate to a red giant way ahead of schedule.
>>
>>53215785
Or just another really old AU where the sun went Black Hole years ago. Though how to make that safe enough to oepn?
>>
>>53214902
>Can I use some of these ideas?
Sure, I don't think the ideas are unique to me, but I'd have no problem with it.

The combination stuff came mostly from RWBY mechashift weapons and Marvel's item/power combination mechanic.

Keeping stuff as backups just seems like good sense.

Rendering something down into either magic or magic-imbued materials was basically my take on a better version of disenchanting from WoW(the game, no necessarily the jump which I haven't read more recent versions of)

Selling stuff off is mostly to get /some/ benefit out of it, and leaving it forgotten in a corner instead is because I'm honest with myself about the effects of my ADD.
>>
File: Gorgie.jpg (1MB, 2550x3509px) Image search: [Google]
Gorgie.jpg
1MB, 2550x3509px
>>53215578
Let's finish this out.
>Unit Requisition: Human (500)
0500>Standard Marines -000
0500>Commanding Officer -000
0400>Veteran Officers x10 -100
0400>Marine Company Barracks -000
0200>SpecOps. Black Armor "Alpha Squad" x20 -200
0000>Transfer to Robot Unit Requisition -200
>Unit Requisition: Robot (700)
0700>Gorgie-USN (3) -000
0650>Gorgie-USG (Blue) x5 (25) -050
0630>Gorgie-USS (Yellow) x2 (10) -020
0620>Gorgie-USR (Gold) x1 (20) -010
0540>Romanov-D x2 (10) -080
0500>Romanov-G (5) -040
0300>BIA x4 (12) -150
0150>KNRB-0 Argus Tank x3 (6) -150
0050>Unknown (1) -100
0010>Jellyfish-L (+5) -040
-050>A-2 Sphere (+30) -060
0000>50CP Conversion +050
>Drawbacks and Scenarios
-900>TBHIFiguredTheWholePlotWasSupposedToBeAJoke+000
-600>Meteor Credits! +300
-400>They Are Teleporting Something In! +200
-300>Bullet Hell +100
0000>Using Space-Russians is a Copout! +300

I bought both Unit Requisitions because I want humans, and the other one was discounted. Admittedly I wanted the humans so that I could later turn them to Space Marines, so their buys are pretty standard. If Fulgrim can begin with 100 Marines, So Can I. For Robot units, I tried to get a solid balance. I end up with 3 Standard Gorgies remaining, 55 Gorgies, 15 Romanovs, 21 Tank+Tier units, And 35 Additional Units. Very Nice to supplement a solid fighting force, or to act on its own.

Drawbacks are painfully easy to surpass. Meteor Credits! is a turret game, which is a breeze with current perks, both in setting alone as well as out of setting. "Teleporting Something In" and "Bullet Hell" might add some interesting actions during combat and add some drama for entertainment later (Camera Crews a best)

Using Space Russians is a Copout! is a grand scenario, as it adds 3 new stations and every Major Power is in space and, so some extent, combat ready. Play Cards, If possible, ally with Germans, Japanese, and Poles. Meld all 4 stations into a singular superstation
>(cont/)
>>
>>53215828
The Sun isn't massive enough to go black hole without artificial assistance.
>>
>>53215877
Alternate Universe
>>
>>53215828
I wouldn't call it "safe", but open it as close as you can to your target and slam it shut the moment they're through. It /probably/ will only get them, a chunk of atmosphere and any nearby debris. And maybe a bit of the ground.

I think.
>>
>>53215889
So you plan on finding a really big Sun or a universe where physics are different enough?
You might be better off just perfecting portal technology from the Portal jump.
>>
>>53213058
Mostly I feed it to Y Ddraig Goch. It's not something that comes up much in the DxD series proper, but Boosted Gear can absorb other objects into itself. Issei's got Ascalon, a Holy Sword designed to slay dragons, stored inside it. The blade of the sword just grows out of his gauntlet when he needs to cut things. Later in the series he figures out how to alter its enchantments so that the entire armor gets a damage boost against dragons. So I figure that even if there's a limit to what sorts of and how many enchantments I can apply to Boosted Gear before it gets overloaded, it's still made Scale Mail pretty OP at this point. You know, more than it already is.
>>
>>53215922
>>53215056
Rick and Morty
>>
>>53215877
Maybe the inhabitants of that parallel world provided that assistance. Could be that they had some reason for imploding their sun, like they're post-humans that are using the Hawking radiation effects at the edge of its event horizon to perform insanely powerful computation, or something like that.
>>
>>53215944
No, because that would require you to hit him with the space-warping system to fit him into the Microverse, instead of just opening a portal to it. He might be immune to that.
>>
>>53213058
I'm a bit of a nostalgic hoarder so if it's something I've put effort into I don't really recycle it so they collect dust. Wasteful, but I'm a huge sap.

Like the STURM BOLIDE I never use, but it's a giant robot. I'll probably give it to Katsumi if she wants to pilot a giant robot.
>>
>>53215285
Generic Magical Girl lets you get an absurd number of them as companions if you build for it right.

Though considering the enemies are supposed to scale based off how many magical girls you have as companions, you'd probably end up face omniversal level enemies. I has no idea how the people who made the Pink Tide build justified surviving the 10 years.
>>
>>53215976
People always exaggerate the threat involved. It scales directly, to preserve the level of danger. So you're not going to get "omniversal-level enemies" with the Pink Tide, because that could destroy any number of magical girls. You're just going to get something strong enough that quintillions of magical girls working together would have a tough time beating it, but not something that would be completely impossible for them to beat. Granted, this is assuming that the magical girls have actual powers instead of sinking their points into getting more magical girls, so yeah, they probably would be useless. But if you upgraded them with stuff from other jumps, maybe it could work.
>>
>>53215976
Personally, I think the magic number is 40. Pick up the Devoted Host from Swords and Sorcery so that you have a group of 40 individuals who fit one slot. Go to Platoon, and import them as members of your platoon, and at the very least, buy them Runs on Electricity, so they're set to adapt to any wacky shit you later empower them with. Then, go to GMG and import them individually buying a 40 strong tide, granting them each a full-strength powerset. I also recommend importing the host in Dragon Ball Z as Saiyajins to ensure they can always grow stronger through working at it.

Sure, you can go higher than that, but
>>
>>53216089
>Going to Platoon
>Wanting to be forced to die by bullets in WW2
>>
>>53215285
Any setting that is thematically at-odds with magical girl anime, so long as you make the magical girls powerful enough that the grimdarkness can't murderfuck them.
>>
>>53216089
Er... don't know how I lost the end of that.

You can go higher than that, but 40's a pretty good number. Leaves you with a lot of room to still work in GMG, and it fits nicely with the numbers from Platoon.
>>
>>53215961
I was just Suggesting to use the portal gun to warp him into A local black hole instead of door maker.
>>
>>53216120
Sorry, I've gotten too used to you using "Microverse Battery" as a solution for everything, I assumed you were doing that.
>>
>>53216138
For physical damage or power supply stuff. Sure, but People were discussing door maker and the portal gun does basically the same thing with fewer limitations
>>
>>53216103
I'm pretty sure the "remember, even the toughest of jumper can be killed by X" note in the intro is just an artifact of the jump being written back when assumptions about jumper durability were much lower, and not actually a fiat power restriction. Pretty sure, anyway.
>>
File: miyu-illya-kuro.jpg (393KB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
miyu-illya-kuro.jpg
393KB, 1600x1280px
How I can freeze someone age ? I want Kuro Miyu and Illya to be cute forever.
>>
>>53216103
>forced to die
What?
>>
>>53216153
Yes, but you are small-minded and rarely consider things outside of raw power, so that was the context I was working with.
>>
>>53216171
it can do both
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PortalCut
>>
I doubt I'll get an answer, but I'm doing the JOJO jump and I have a question about the stand Khanso. it says that I pull out a subject that bears significant feeling towards my target, but am I only showing them the person or item or can I make them do and say stuff? could I pull out the memory of a dead sibling and have them blame them for their death?
>>
>>53215866
Meld all 4 Stations into a singular Superstation, and make it space faring rather than as well as a simple satellite. A Single superweapon is easier to defend than 4. Attempt to incoorporate it into the side of the Light of Terra to be detatchable (if possible). If not, add it into the spacedock 6 months before we leave world.

Other nations are easily taken care of by decimating what little they have back on earth, to prevent resupply from their country. Everyone is dying anyways, so once i have definite control of orbital space, I'll provide the earth with sustainable energy.

Long ass jump.
>>
>>53216162
Well firstly that is litearlly what the Einzberns' hormunculus magitechnology does. You can get it in F/SN as one of the hormunculus capstones, and if you boost it and then take making hormunculi as your specialisation you can surpass them.

Secondly, you're weird.

Thirdly, Kuro and Illya are going to hate you.

Fourthly, Kuro a shit.
>>
>>53216165
There's a note in the intro about how you shouldn't get cocky about your powers, because even a jumper could be killed by artillery barrages or atomic bombs. Now, that's probably just because the jump was written pretty early in Jumpchain's lifespan, when the assumption about jumper power levels was much lower. The original idea was that jumpers were to be utility-focused rather than power-focused, so durability would never get too high. In that context it's just a friendly reminder. That anon seems to be reading it as a fiat power restriction, though, limiting you so that even if you were tough enough to take that sort of damage you're not anymore.
>>
>>53216157
I recall it being declared as much.
The comparison reinforces that as it talks about the German 88 cannon which, while glorious, could only handle tank armor and below (and even then, some of the latter tanks could handle it. Hell, the Maus tank would have been practically immune to it on most sides).
Tank tough jumpers, didn't really exist when the platoon jump first appeared.
>>
>>53216188
>Kuro a shit
What's up with this meme? Kuro is a good girl, though she's very lewd.
>>
>>53213293
Ah, that sounds awesome.
Thanks and good luck to you, anon.

>>53216268
Sorry buddy but you're answering your own question.
>>
>>53216268
It's no meme, but an opinion.

Her very birth results in the diminishing of Illya's magical power. Her characterisation revolves around wanting to steal Shirou from her, embarass her in public and generally make life difficult in that obnoxiously tee-hee SoL manner that made S2 an unbearable slog.

Having a libido isn't a crime. Being an unnecessary character and the catalyst for a season of filler is.
>>
File: 1380054850931.jpg (39KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
1380054850931.jpg
39KB, 450x600px
>>53216268
Kuryo sucks because:

1. She's a big whore. She'll suck anyone's dick for free. I don't like those people even when they're adults, but she's a loli so it's extra gross. Ruined innocence and all that.

2. She's a horrible influence. She leads Illya and Miyu into the same shit that she does, either by pushing them into those situations or outright sexually assaulting them. She's done just about everything to poor Illya short of vaginal insertion. If you like Illya, this is offputting because you don't like seeing an innocent little girl dragged into sluttery by queen slut herself.
>>
>>53213368
Has the SB-er made anything worth reading yet?
And if so, is it shitty?
>>
>>53216364
Wow, I had no idea she was that bad.
>>
>>53216335
>>53216364
Well first of all, it actually is a meme, as it's an idea that's been spread from person to person within a culture. More importantly though, I actually was asking why people dislike her so much, so thanks for answering, I guess.
>>
Are there any good ways to get full body Parasyte style shapeshifting other than in prototype?
>>
>>53216389
Are you the guy I was replying to? Because if so, then senpai, you need to watch the show before you defend the characters.

If not, then yeah, Kuro is really, really bad. The other reply laid out some other reasons for disliking her, but the oversexualization angle and everything related to it is what bothered me the most.

I'm not even against loli stuff or anything, she's just so goddamn blatant and drags others into it.

>>53216400
Pedantically, but when people on 4chan imply something like this is a meme, usually the intent is to imply it's a false/mistaken idea that's being spread around.
>>
>>53216404
The plastic man perk from Injustice can probably do that.
>>
File: oZ0Mo4h.jpg (72KB, 318x450px) Image search: [Google]
oZ0Mo4h.jpg
72KB, 318x450px
>>53216364
Well then I will just take Miyu and Illya with me then.
>>
>>53216424
Best bet is to stop Kuro from being created in the first place. Not sure when the jump starts you, but it should be possible.
>>
>>53216412
Nope, different guy. Probably should have made that clear. Sorry, anon.
I would find myself concerned and disliking the character for the same reasons, so I think I'll avoid that anime.

>>53216436
How would you go about doing that?
>>
>>53216400
>it's an idea

Well, I can't argue with that.

>>53216364
See-the thing about the sexual assault isn't that it offends me. It's just that every. Single. Episode Kuro is in devolves into stupid whacky shenanigans instead of the desperate struggle that made S1 so fun to watch.

All replaced with some toasted loli being stupid and doing stupid things that drag everyone around her down to her level of stupidity.

Devising a means to seal Illya's power extra tight within her so Kuro is never a thing is the best possible thing you can do in Prisma Illya. >>53216436 has the right idea.
>>
>>53216450
Both posts are me though.
>>
>>53216450
>>53216364
It never gets any better either, not until they start cutting away from the girls and following other people. Like the whole Shirou arc in the manga.

Not sure if they had that in the anime too.
>>
>>53216447
It's a matter of keeping half of her circuits from popping out, basically. Help her control her energy better.
>>
>>53215413
It's not right to fuck toasters, anon.

Especially a dead toaster.
>>
>>53216501
I haven't actually read that much into the Shirou arc. Is it over yet? Was it any good?
>>
>>53216447
The Angelus Stone from Symphonia ought to do it. Just pop another spell around it to prevent the whole emotion erasure thing.
>>
>>53216545
You don't need another spell. An item already exists in the setting to prevent the negatives of an Angelus Stone. It's called a Key Crest.

>>53216544
The whole thing is over, and yes it was. Only interesting thing ages before it and afterwards.
>>
>>53216582
>Key Crest
Neat!
>>
>>53216450
What's up with all that shit taste here on /jc/? The oversexualisation and fanservice is the best thing in the anime. But I guess I shouldn't have expected anything from the kind of people who post here.
>>
>>53216537
Well obviously you prevent her from dying, unless you're some kind of robophobe.
>>
>>53216736
Look, anon. I don't mind lolis. I don't mind lewd lolis. But if a series turns from action to lewd lolis, then that sucks, because I'd just watch hentai for that. Also, I don't like moral corruption. I feel really bad for Ilya and Miyu when they're being forced into lewdness and sexually assaulted by Kuro.
>>
>>53216740
That's still fucking a toaster, anon.

Toasters aren't people.
>>
>>53216736
You still don't get it: I have NOTHING against oversexualisation and fanservice as a principle in anime. Black Lagoon? Fuck yea. Panty & Stocking? Whip it out, babe. Ikki Tousen? I can only get so erect. Hell, it was one of two things that made Kill la Kill tolerable towards the end.

The thing is-fanservice wasn't what drew me to Prisma Illya in the first place. Oh, It was a nice bonus in Medea and Rider's cases-but what I found interesting was the character study of Illya in a good end, confronting malevolent forces to defend her life.

Which got trashed by S2. The worst part was it wasn't the sexual kind of fanservice; just this cutesy bullshit that blueballed me. Give me a goddess like Saeko or the evil ninja girl from that Afro Samurai sequel movie any day of the week, because I've been spoiled by ACTUAL WOMEN so much only the most exquisite of lolis get a reaction.

The worst part is how insultingly HALFASSED the sexual assault is. It's strictly amateur hour; where's the Wicked City-style demon trains? Where's the rape in Ikki Tousen or Elfen Lied?!
>>
File: Yang_ProfilePic_Normal.png (608KB, 540x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Yang_ProfilePic_Normal.png
608KB, 540x1080px
>>53213511
>Yang is thicc
>thicc
>is actually athletic and on the low end of a healthy BMI
What even are words?
>>
>>53216838
Memes, anon. Words are memes. And you just got memed on.

Starting to realise RWBY fans are easily triggered.
>>
>>53216834
Nobody ever told me what Ikki Tousen even is. What's it about? How rape-y is it?
>>
>>53216838
THICC is a meme, anon.

There's no meaning anymore.
>>
>>53216849
I haven't even watched the show since the second season, I'm just confused. I guess actual thicc is just fat now and skinny girls are straight up bulimics?
>>
>>53216855
Schoolgirl inheriting the power of ancient heroes, kinda pseudo-Servant style actually. And some of them are dragons which means their powerlevel is higher than usual.

Not rape-y enough to offend your mother with most episodes, rape-y enough some of the very generous fanservice goes dark places. At least two girls get beaten until they piss themselves. Good times.

>>53216877
Listen don't worry about it, skinny girls are skinny, fat girls are fat and THICC is the new "hot".
>>
File: plastic man.jpg (31KB, 250x387px) Image search: [Google]
plastic man.jpg
31KB, 250x387px
>>53216404
see
>>53216421
Plastic man, the guy the perk is based on, has a lot of cool shapeshifting.
>>
>>53216891
>ape-y enough some of the very generous fanservice goes dark places. At least two girls get beaten until they piss themselves.
You're a very vague man. I don't know what this means. Like, what, do the girls start shoving pinecones into their opponent's cunts? Does some random anime rapeman walk up to the protagonists and beat her and rape her and she pisses herself? What?
>>
>>53216924
The latter, although in those cases it was more goons and torture, and they weren't actually raped.

Figured it'd be prudent to be vague, what with this being a blue board and all, and more leery of lewd than /cyoag/.
>>
>>53216941
The only thing you get banned for on blue boards is outright nudity. And this has a jump, so it's important to know about if someone ends up going there.

>They weren't actually raped.
This is the important part. Are you actually sure of that? Seems weird that they'd go so far as to have them beaten and tortured but not to do anything sexual.
>>
>>53216806
Arthur Maxson please go.
>>
>>53216961
I remember the Lu Bu girl rapes the girl who dresses like a maid at least.
>>
>>53216993
Well, at least now I know to never, ever watch this show. I outright can't watch/read/play anything with rape in it, it makes me depressed.

I also know who to kill in the jump immediately.
>>
>>53216961
Yep. She gets rescued in time or some shit; one of the other girls, Lu Bu's girlfriend, gets raped by some mooks though. And first off mate, you're asking me to remember a show I watched almost a year ago while at midnight. Secondly, I'm not your manservant and I'm not obliged to tell you jack shit.
>>
>>53217055
You're not, but I didn't think I was being demanding or anything.

Unsurprisingly, I also have to decapitate several mooks immediately.
>>
>>53216421
>>53216908
Does that perk give full plastic man powers? If so it might be the strongest perk in the jump.
>>
>>53217107
>full plastic man powers

...I'm sorry, I know nothing about Plastic Man. How strong is he?
>>
>>53217157
Plastic man can be ground into dust and survive.
>>
How do any of you keep all the perks and all your histories in mind after a while? Documentation can only go so far, surely.
>>
>>53217168
Long-form writing and severe autism.
>>
>>53217168
I don't. I just randomly shake the little bar that determines my location on the text document and always end up on relevant perks.
>>
>>53217168
I just wing it. My chain is a MESS. I've seen people recommend software such as CherryTree though.
>>
>>53217157
Well for starters it would be one of the best immortality perks out there, the regen isn't quite as good as the top level regen perk from the same jump but the ability to survive damage is on a whole different level. Plastic man can turn into a puddle of slime and essentially cannot die, not because he can't be damaged but because the damage is meaningless to his body.
>>
>>53217157
Plastic Man is an insanely powerful shapeshifter, in the literal sense of shapeshifting. He can perform any topological transformation, stretch to insane sizes, withstand incredible amounts of force, and rearrange himself into just about any form he like so long as it uses the same color palette as him. Well, he can change color, it just takes more concentration than he usually cares to expend. He's also immune to hostile telepathy due to the bizarre structure of his brain, up to and including Burning Martian (you know, the guys people always bring up when someone starts wanking Kryptonian genes) levels. His mind is actually distributed holographically throughout his body, meaning that you can reduce him to dust and scatter him across the world for ten thousand years only for him to reform good as new (well, with a little emotional trauma but nowhere near what you'd expect from that experience) as soon as you put the pieces back together.
>>
>>53217168
Keep an abbreviated summary of your capabilities, with things like the measurements for your best strength and speed perks, what kind of attacks you can tank, which jumps' magic systems you've learned, etc.
>>
I know linking to SB is considerd shitposting, but I'll do it anyway in this case: https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread-2.483115/page-1066
People said time and time again that the Vampire Diaries jump offers too much power and that the series is actually pretty low level. Now that its author has posted a guide of sorts to the jump, could someone familiar with the setting tell me what part of it is wrong/OC? I like what the jump offers, but I /really/ don't wanna jump it if it's basically the fanfiction of some guy, so some information would be appreciated.
Again, not trying to shitpost here or start an argument, I'm just curious.
>>
>>53217157
You know how the JL takes over the world in Injustice? Well they all shit their pants when they realize they have arrested Plastic Man's son.

So about that powerful.
>>
>>53217233
>tell me what part of it is wrong/OC?
The part where being a vampire makes your Infernal Exalted Charms and your Worm superpowers exponentially more powerful as you age.
>>
>>53216802
Drei would probably be your shit then.

It's got quite a bit of action and gives some pretty awesome character arcs.

Plus "Emiya" could be playing for like 80% of it and be completely fitting.

It's basicaly "Illya goes to the bad end instead of the good end."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zfx8-c63u0Q
>>
>>53217305
Drei is?
>>
>>53217233
Nothing is wrong, really. Literally the only part that was the problem with the jump all along is various people considering that "grow more powerful with age" to be much more of a problem than in actually was.
>>
>>53217330
hey blackshadow111
>>
>>53217157
Well there are a couple of different versions of him, but the Justice League's reaction to him and his ability to completely turn into a liquid tells us which one they are using in injustice. Simply put he is a shapeshifter so powerful that on that power alone he is one of the people Superdick would need to toss into the sun to deal with permanently. Or I suppose a sealed tank at the bottom of the ocean, but he might get out of that one..
>>
>>53217317
Prisma Illya's third part, Drei. I believe it's season four of the anime because they made Zwei into seasons two and three which is why there was so much filler fanservice stuff in it.
>>
>>53217330
It's literally the biggest power boost in jumpchain.
>>
>>53217107
Don't think so. I asked Cena about it and pretty sure it was just shapeshifting.
>>
So Jumpers what your latest trophy? I was over in MCU and I just Ripped out killgrave's lower jaw tongue and larynx.
>>
>>53217350
Oh, so it is that Shirou part that anon was talking about earlier?
>>
>>53217233
Pretty sure it's all canon, actually.
>>
>>53217233
I didn't really care for the perks in TVD I just grabbed what sounded nice. oh and that broken as fuck white oak stake!
>600CP White Oak Stake: A stake, made of the eternal White Oak.It kills anything that it penetrates the heart of, is particularly good at eliminating so-called immortals.
>>
>>53217360
Actually I think the biggest power boost in Jumpchain is the one in Dragonball AF that makes you 10 times as powerful as a SSJ 4.
>>
>>53217360
If your power doesn't grow by leaps and bounds every year even without that boost, what the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>53217360
No, it's not. Not even close. It's still utterly fucking stupid and has no place in the jump, though.
>>
>>53217233
What's not canon is Blackshadow111 insisting that even high-tier Jumpers would be anally raped if they went into TVD unless he deliberately inflated the value of every perk. Despite the power levels of TVD being small-town / personal-scale conflict aside from very esoteric Witch shit.
>>
>>53217404
My brain always reads that as Dragonball As Fuck.

Which...isn't inaccurate.

>>53217412
>t. Goku

Something productive with your life, I assume.
>>
>>53217431
What is it with you and anal rape anyway? Can't help but notice it's your go-to metaphor every time this jump comes up.
>>
>>53217376
And you kept that a trophy? Well, that's certainly not the sort of thing a serial killer does, nope.
>>
>>53217447
I mean those were the words BS111 used.

I'm just repeating.

Although to be fair now that I look back on it, it is kinda disturbing.
>>
>>53217404
okay I just read that jump and I'm not seeing anything past SSJ5
>>53217468
I never said My Jumper wasn't technically a serial killer,He does pick very prosocial targets though.
>>
>>53217404
Get to SSJ4 the normal way, be an immortal in vampire diaries, and in 4000 years you'll be 14 times as strong as a SSJ4. All your other powers will also get that same boost, and the rate of increase will keep increasing even faster in the future.

>>53217412
>>53217416
Nothing is as good as a fractional increase in power every 15 years, especially since it stacks with any normal training you do.
>>
>>53217168
I have perfect memory and I write stuff down. I took Savant like everyone else.

>>53217233
No one is really stopping you from using it but if you talk about using it around these parts you're not going to get a lot of positive responses. Interjump balance is usually a big shit in terms of issues, but growing more powerful as you age without the perk can be a big issue with some.

Also the author of that jump has tried to sneak it onto the drive before without having /tg/ look at it, and telling from their rather silly opinion of /tg/, it seems to have been a deliberate decision.
>>
>>53217515
That's actually incredibly slow from a DBZ perspective.
>>
>>53217504
It truly is when you keep trying to apply that to jump critique and what amounts to going nyer nyer nyer at other children in class. Please find yourself some new material.

>>53217515
>being a filthy monkey

t. Goku
>>
>>53217504
Are you for panda rape?
>>
Changelog:
>capped 'Call Trisha' and 'Skilled in Knowledge' to have three purchases
>>
>>53217545
>pandas

Not him but come on, have some better standards than a species of ursine neckbeards.

...neckbears?

>>53217556
Coolio.

Asked last time but between Wielder of Names and the capstone boosted Team Player which provides the greater boost in bargain-buffs?

Desu Wielder of Names seems like a sucker's bargain to me when dealing with the real cosmic hotshots. "Very well, a tithe of my power and in return you shall-put down that damn stick you're going to swindle me with you little cheapskale
>>
>>53217577
Anon, I am disappoint. You are clearly not happy in Paraguay.
>>
>>53217577
>implying pandas are bears
>>
>>53217577
http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/thread/53170545/#53176019
>>
>>53217624
How goes work on BC?
>>
>>53217515
4000 years in Dragonball and they'll be on Super Saiyan Yahweh 13.
>>
File: Panda-Ancestry.jpg (170KB, 610x747px) Image search: [Google]
Panda-Ancestry.jpg
170KB, 610x747px
>>53217624
Neato.

>>53217615
>implying pandas aren't the perfect form of bears
>>
>>53217703
"I AM NEITHER TUNDRA NOR POLAR!"
"I AM PANDRA!"
>>
>>53217683
seconding this, +interest
>>
>>53217515
>Nothing is as good as a fractional increase in power every 15 years, especially since it stacks with any normal training you do.
A one-percent increase every 15 years is utterly fucking tiny compared to what most things will let you achieve with training. It's only a big deal in that it increases shit that can't be trained.
>>
File: 1477261135789.jpg (211KB, 744x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1477261135789.jpg
211KB, 744x1053px
>>53217683
>>53217732
Tzeentch perks are being worked on, with Slaanesh following after that.

...son of a bitch, between this and Doom writefagging I am neck-deep in demons.
>>
>>53217696
It stacks with training. If they're Super Saiyin 13, you're Super Saiyin 182.

And that they aren't just getting stronger, they're also getting smarter, more charismatic, becoming better mages, better psychics, better gods.

>>53217734
I don't know of any soft cap perk that would let you multiply all your stats 755 times in 10,000 years. Normal soft caps make stats get harder to raise with time, this one gets easier.
>>
>>53217751
Prey tell will the best notgod be playing a role? Or will Malal remain in the retconterium?
>>
>>53217764
You do know that if you don't like it, you can just ignore it, right?
>>
>>53217726
"HAHA, YOU'VE DONE WELL TO SURVIVE A MERE 10% OF MY POWER! NOW, WITNESS MY CERTAIN KILL TECHNIQUE: SPECIAL DEATH ROLLER!"

>curls into a ball and flops around with a piece of bamboo in mouth
>>
>>53217784
If I deal with him at all, it'll prolly be in another Part or a DLC. No real plans for him as of now. It's partly due to some frustration and shit I got when was forming the BC stuff initially.
>>
>>53217764
>It stacks with training.
Actually, no. That's explicitly not how it works, according to jumpmaker rulings on SB. It only increases the base. And for the record, that's not how Super Saiyan works, either.

>soft caps
That's because you're treating most of them as "soft-caps". The more recent ones are linear. Also, I'm referring to power itself. Quite a few settings will allow you to train harder and faster natively than an additional 1% per year.
>>
>>53217786
What's the point of reviewing jumps if not to weed out things that are too strong or too weak and that make no sense for the source material? If I make a Blues Clues jump that lets you juggle galaxies and vomit out an army of omnipotent waifus, is the appropriate response to criticism to tell people to go fuck themselves and just ignore it if they don't like it after it goes on the drive?
>>
File: wakesteamout_base.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
wakesteamout_base.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
Speaking of discounts.

Alan Wake! 90% discount!

Buy it now or lose it forever!
>>
>>53217831
>Actually, no. That's explicitly not how it works, according to jumpmaker rulings on SB. It only increases the base.
Citation needed.

>The more recent ones are linear.
The only one I can think of is the one from Mystic Quest, that was universally hated by everyone but obvious shitposters.
>>
>>53217833
Well it does seem like you are the only one who sees it as being a significant issue.
And there are those who are also pointing out that your logic is flawed towards exaggerating the impact of the feature in question.
Are you sure this is a worthy issue to be discussing and not just something you personally dislike?
>>
>>53217851
BTW. It's (probably) literally forever. The sale ends, Alan Wake gets taken down from everywhere. Hurry up.
>>
>>53217868
Not that anon, but I think it's more reflective of people getting tired of the jump and just glazing over it when it's brought up. It's not getting changed, blackshadow111 is an asshole, there's nothing more to be done.
>>
>>53217868
To be honest I'm not him and I agree with him. It always seemed odd to me one particular kind of vampire's power growth should equate to that of other unrelated backgrounds.

But-critiquing the jump was a trial at the best of times, people didn't want to talk about it afterwards out of exhaustion and it seemed like the issue was mostly settled, so-I haven't exactly been vocal about it.
>>
>>53217937
>>53217943
Phoneposting at it's finest
>>
>>53217943
>one particular kind of vampire's power growth
I don't pretend to be an expert on the setting, but I don't get what you are saying here.
What vampire do you think is being used as the basis?
>>
>>53217960
because everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a samefag right?
Given that the jump's been shit on every goddamn time it's ever come up I'm inclined to believe most people around here willing to even care about it don't like it.
>>
>>53217960
I take offense to that. Look, is there any on the internet you can prove you're NOT posting? some kind of IP signature or some other shit? Because I REALLY don't like these sorts of assumptions, especially since I've said i haven't raised a fuss about it when people don't like talking about the jump anyway.
>>
>>53217991
Get a trip or start avatar posting.
>>
>>53217556
hey red if Your actions in the jump allow Baskin-Robbins to have a more diverse array of products do those products Turn up in the supply of infinite Baskin-Robbins?
>>
>>53217979
I jst mean the setting's type of vampire, the one which the perk is based on.
>>
File: IMG_0918.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0918.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>53218001
>trip

Fuck that.

>avatar

Very well, for the simple proof of identification: Here's a taste of unadulterated horror from my trip to Japan. You'll find no other like it on the net.
>>
>>53217991
Just more assholes out in force, anon. Nothing else you can do.
>>
>>53217814
Possibly make it an alternative path for Undivided in a later part? Just an Idea.
>>
>>53217991
You can't. There's no way to prove someone is samefagging just as there's no way to prove you aren't.
It's a baseless and pointless accusation people throw around when they feel threatened by opinions that aren't theirs.

Don't worry about it.
>>
>>53218034
Betrayal seems like it would go well with Malal Anyways
>>
>>53217988
>>53217991
Not the same guy, but samefagging is a thing that happens here, and it is prudent to keep an eye out for it.
Whether anon is wrong or not, you'll know yourself. If you are then please don't.

>>53217991
People have accepted screenshots in the past as proof of whether a person is or is not samefagging.
It's not waterproof by any means, either way, but it's something.

>>53218006
On that basis, shouldn't you also be criticising every other jump with vampires for not being the exact same type of vampire.
These things vary, and that's a property possess by vampires (and other immortals) in that setting.

>>53218037
Are you trying to claim that samefagging doesn't happen?
Can you prove that? Seriously, I would be interested in seeing your evidence.
>>
>>53218052
Well I really aren't, and I hope Pennywise-san proves that once anon fires up the google engine.

Why every other jump? None of them have anything similar to that perk in the sense of something that causes ALL your backgrounds powers to grow increasingly with age, in no uncertain terms?
>>
In Cthulu Saves The World, there are no perks that push you up to city busting levels. Do you level up like game mechanics, or do you need to be super buff before you go in?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (164KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
164KB, 1280x720px
DAUBENY
>>
File: 1483418977110.gif (695KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1483418977110.gif
695KB, 500x281px
I should be waiting until thread is dead, but fuck it.

Jump 45: Exalted - The Dragon-Blooded
https://pastebin.com/K5ffsNCz

Full writefag here. Note three things:
1. My Exalted lore is a bit weak due to years of rust. Please point out any continuity trouble if you can.
2. I know Dragon-Blooded has no continuity drawback due to being the first one, but I acted like this was a continuation anyways for the purpose of this chain.
3. Fuck the game mechanics.
>>
>>53218052
No samefagging does happen it's just impossible to prove it does and pointless to even try.
Trying to guess at samefagging is a waste of time since suprisingly people happen to hold similar opinions and reply at the same general time fairly often on 4chan.
>>
>>53217851
>>53217871
What even is Alan Wake?
>>
File: Holdencross.jpg (322KB, 644x696px) Image search: [Google]
Holdencross.jpg
322KB, 644x696px
DAUBENY, SHOW YOURSELF
>>
>>53217865
>Citation needed.
Well, I can't find the exact quote, but I know it exists. So if you'll give me a bit... But in the meantime:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-cyoa-thread.315809/page-1042#post-22318294
https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/general-jumpchain-thread.393563/page-371#post-23865581

>the only one
Well, uh, you're wrong. Like, just straight-up.
>>
>>53218152
Ever read House of Leaves?

Although if I am being serious: it's just a very good game with a great plot and atmosphere being sold for cheap.

We also have a jump for it.
>>
>>53218082
I'm sorry, but I can't make heads-or-tails or your grammer. I can't make clear sense of what you are trying to say. Is English or second language?. In any case, can you repost? Perhaps get someone to beta for you.

>>53218115
>No samefagging does happen it's just impossible to prove it does
I agree.
>and pointless to even try.
Perhaps, and yet people still see and accuse it of happening.
I'd put it down to human nature.
>>
>>53218180
>running faster than the speed of light
What?
>>
>>53218191
nope
>>
>>53218034
>>53218048
Eh. I need to progress further before thinking of anything like that.
>>
>>53218180
>Well, uh, you're wrong. Like, just straight-up.
I said it's the only one I can think of. If I'm wrong, name a perk that guarantees permanent linear increases from training with no upper limit or diminishing returns.
>>
>>53218191
The whole multimedia integration thing was dumb, though. It was a good game but a terrible TV show.
>>
File: benny.jpg (224KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
benny.jpg
224KB, 2048x1536px
>>53218163
I dont have any dau but i sure have some Benny
>>
>>53218243
But anon, that never happened.

Next thing, you'll say that Dresden FIles or Tsukihime had something similar, or that muffins are cakes. Ridiculous.
>>
>>53218238
Nah, nigga. I'm not gonna keep defending a perk I don't even think should be in the jump so we can quibble about the details.
>>
>>53218301
He had a fucking hockey stick.

A hockey stick.

Whoever was responsible for that decision will have to live with the knowledge that they committed such an act of stupidity.

I sincerely hope they realize what an act of stupidity they committed.
>>
>>53218301
Oh, I see. Like how Gundam Build Fighters tragically never had a second season.
>>
>>53218101
Goooooood.
>>
So, uh, does the Strange Journey drawback in Persona basically make it SMT?
>>
>>53218346
I HAVE to know the context.
>>
File: Darkest gunplaline.jpg (146KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Darkest gunplaline.jpg
146KB, 960x720px
>>53218351
... is this the point where i unearth horrific things to exchange in shared pain?
Yes
http://www.gundam.info/topic/18017
>>
>>53218402
No. It turns it into a crossover between the first SMT game, Devil Survivor, and Strange Journey. You will have at minimum three apocalypses to deal with at once.
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (200KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
200KB, 1024x1536px
>>53217556
When you're small thanks to Pym Particles, does your damage become less? Like in the movie, YJ's beams were able to destroy concrete when normal size, but when small it seems to be less so.
>>
File: are you pucking kidding me.jpg (49KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
are you pucking kidding me.jpg
49KB, 425x640px
>>53218424
Dresden uses a hockey stick as a focus That's it. It's fucking retarded. He walks around Chicago as a wizard for hire in a trenchcoat carrying a hockey stick everywhere.
>>
>>53218427
Wow, this is a really good fan-video. They really nailed the animation style. Who are these new characters, the animator's OCs?

Yes, I obviously know what this is. I saw this already, just let me be in denial.
>>
>>53218466
what the

wh

WHY?!
>>
>>53218466
Oh right. Thought you were talking about Bright Falls.

That IS bad.
>>
>>53218478
Mary Sue, Gary Stu, and Donut Steele. They all have fabulous hair, I'm sure, but their creator has not made the video available in my country and I'm too lazy to get a Japanese proxy.
>>
>>53218466
>>53218466
>Dresden isn't a lanklet who let himself go
0/10 not Dresden. Like, the dude's something like 6'8"
>>
>>53218440
Fuck. Okay, I guess I'll be taking a different drawback.
>>
File: IMG_0969.png (1MB, 1150x1800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0969.png
1MB, 1150x1800px
>>53218493
He also has a drum stick as a wand. He's practical like that.
>>
File: what the puck.jpg (47KB, 534x384px) Image search: [Google]
what the puck.jpg
47KB, 534x384px
>>53218542
He's as far as you could get from Dresden without casting Danny DeVito.

Actually, you know what? I think DeVito could pull it off BETTER, because at least he could have the right attitude and he probably has more muscle than Paul Blackthorne. And arguably more hair. Dresden isn't pushing fifty, for fuck's sake.
>>
File: quack.jpg (37KB, 450x297px) Image search: [Google]
quack.jpg
37KB, 450x297px
>>53218610
I forgot to mention the duckface, didn't I?

Well, you can see it in that picture. In about every promo picture, actually.
>>
>Butterfly Charm (Persona)
>Celestriad (Final Fantasy VI)
>Golden Stud (Chrono Trigger)

What are some other nifty pieces of jewelry in the chain?
>>
>>53218631
yeah no that dude has some fat lips.
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (167KB, 900x862px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
167KB, 900x862px
>>53218301
Constantine meets Dresden while going to school with Harry Potter. With Dresden being the foreign exchange student.

How much trouble can the three get into?
>>
>>53218101
Pretty good.

So, where'd Makoto go? It doesn't quite sound like she's dead, but she's not getting picked up?

And also, you've got more than just punching quickly to defeat the Dawn, right? Because that's not actually something they can't defend against, Self as Cyclone Stance for example also does dozens or hundreds of attacks in an instant.
>>
>>53218610
Where's his hat?
>>
File: Best Girl Ahoy!.png (695KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Best Girl Ahoy!.png
695KB, 1024x576px
>>53213511
>All I know is that every girl is shit
LIES AND SLANDER! Nora a best!

>>53213591
>And the catgirl is terrible.
Truth. Her mom ain't bad though.

>>53214023
Thank ye kindly for the information Yoro.

>>53217168
Wing it. It means I forget a lot of what I can do, but I don't particularly mind.

>>53217751
>between this and Doom writefagging I am neck-deep in demons.
You love it.
>>
>>53218821
That is a very good question.

The answer is that he has no rings, a drumstick instead of a blasting rod, a shitty leather jacket instead of a longcoat, a hockey stick instead of a proper staff, and THERE IS NO HAT, ONLY RECEDING HIS HAIRLINE
>>
>>53218816
Defense-Against-Anathema Technique (This reunion was years into the jump at this point), Hyper Clock Up, Master Monk (can punch twice in the time it takes to punch once) and other ATATATATA fuckery plus the various martial arts he picked up. Though the real trick was bluffing out Iron's perfect defense with a more intimidating-looking attack, and took advantage of the brief-but-significant cooldown. Decade has a LOT of bluff skills and a lot more experience up to this point, though Fist still was by no means 'easy' to beat. He did it mostly for catharsis.

Basically, if we put this to game mechanics, it was a ridiculously long flurry as opposed to a Charm.

I stand by my 'fuck game mechanics' statement, though this is the best way I can cover it.

As for Makoto, we'll learn more about what's up with her in Sidereals and (obviously) Lunars.
>>
>>53218876
I REFUSE TO ACCEPT THIS BULLSHIT AS LEGITIMATE.
>>
>>53218807
>Dresden and Constantine in the same school
Way too many pacts with supernatural beings are made.
>>
>>53218919
To be fair I don't think he had a hat in the books either, just on the cover.

But my point stands.

Instead of casting someone who fits the bill, someone who's reasonably tall, has some meat on his bones, and making a token effort to match up with the books, they went with the most nonoffensive manlet they could find, who looks like he could fall over when the wind picks up.

Sure the series was good as a stand alone thing, but quite frankly? David Lynch's Dune did more justice to its source material than this does.
>>
>>53218960
>To be fair I don't think he had a hat in the books either, just on the cover.
Dresden's cover hat is kind of a running gag. It gets bigger with each book iirc.
>>
>>53219043
>>53218960
It's a joke between the author and artist, it's constantly pointed out in the books that he doesn't like hats.
>>
File: final dresden files cover.jpg (65KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
final dresden files cover.jpg
65KB, 500x354px
>>53219043
I am eagerly awaiting the inevitable final book in the series. I hear this the cover art for it is based off of this pic.
>>
>>53218881
So, punch lots in a short timeframe. Seems good to wear her down, but not something that'd defeat her in the time it took her to finish blinking.

Also, huh. Defense-Against-Anathema Technique is a pretty good Charm for a Wyld Hunt'ing DB, even if the idea of the Charm is idiotic, completely forgot that existed.

>and took advantage of the brief-but-significant cooldown
What cooldown? They're reflexive and can be used instantly whenever they want.

>spoiler
Welp. Guess I'll have to wait for that then...
>>
File: 1484026759460.jpg (216KB, 587x734px) Image search: [Google]
1484026759460.jpg
216KB, 587x734px
>>53219099
>Checks rulebook

Alright, I misremembered how reflexive Charms work. That's my bad and you're correct, anon. So I'm going to say it was the flurry+Charm+baiting out Charms from Iron in the fight to wear down her Essence and then catch her by surprise. It was probably feinting a strong attack as a weak one and a weak one as a stronger one. Then using Hyper Clock Up to attack her multiple times in the same instant until she ran out of Essence or had her guard go down, whatever came first. Heavenly Guardian Defense and its peers eat Essence like a breakfast pie, and you run out of stunts eventually.

I can feel my brain start to cave in as I re-read some of these errata post-it notes. So many memories, so many of them confusing.

tl;dr Exploit the fuck out of paranoia combat with outside context bullshit.
>>
>>53219210
Narrative > crunch. That's how I always saw it in my groups, that's how it is here. There's no reason to treat it otherwise unless someone is being pedantic.

Don't sweat the small stuff.
>>
File: IMG_1031.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1031.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
>>53219095
Raiden is that you?
>>
File: 1491582337541.gif (693KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1491582337541.gif
693KB, 480x270px
>>53219227
I guess, but it does provide a good frame of reference when explaining these things. Fighting Exalts is never easy since all of them have their own brand of bullshit, with the ultimate saving grace being their finite energy pools.

I do agree that narrative beats crunch here, especially since a lot of Jumper things are hard to translate to it. Especially with the fuckery that is Exalted 2.5.
>>
>>53219210
Meh. I don't really care about getting into the mechanics of it, just pointing out that "attack lots really quickly" isn't an auto-win.

Sounds alright.

Though if the plan seems to be to just keep feinting and attacking over a longer time... then I'm not sure why you'd need to exploit paranoia combat, which isn't actually an in-setting thing?
>>
>>53219326
>Meh. I don't really care about getting into the mechanics of it, just pointing out that "attack lots really quickly" isn't an auto-win.
Unless they have a flurry breaker or a tick long perfect, it kind of is.
>>
>>53219399
Nah, at a certain point they get abstracted into "one" attack. There's examples of stuff like that, like Self as Cyclone's hundreds of attacks at once.
>>
>>53218093
>>53218163
We don't even have a For Honor jump yet, calm down.
>>
>>53219443
But that's because each individual one of Self as Cyclone stance's attacks isn't very damaging, so it adds up to a death of a thousand cuts type thing. If you slow down time so that you can launch a dozen attacks at once that are all full power, that should count as a flurry of a dozen separate attacks.
>>
>>53217556
>capped 'Call Trisha' and 'Skilled in Knowledge' to have three purchases
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Why did you cap 'Call Trisha'? Sure with 'Skilled in Knowledge' you can do stuff like have an enchanted ring that does this, and enchanted brooch that does that, an enchanted monocle that does another thing, and so on and wear them all at once like a well accessorized magpie, but with armor, to put one one you are probably taking another off. Past nesting a set of form fitting armor inside a set of bulky armor like Iron Man did that one time, they don't really stack. Using this armor here means NOT using that armor over there.

Does the 3 purchases count the Free purchase?
>>
>>53219477
god damn it now I'm wishing that anon hadn't given up again.

He had a good start, with some work it could've been good.
>>
>>53219522
Because as it was pointed out, there was literally no reason to have a CP conversion option if all you could do was just buy/create MORE relics and armor instead.
>>
>>53219505
Why? If they can parry each of hundreds of not-very damaging attacks, why wouldn't they be able to defend against full power ones the same way? Just the force behind them, which doesn't matter at all normally?
Thread posts: 470
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.