[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG CUBE thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1569_cube3.jpg (119KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1569_cube3.jpg
119KB, 670x503px
Post cubes, rate cubes, discuss cubes and card choices. Give your experiences, successes and failures with cubes.

Here's a small peasant cube I'm planning to build:
http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/79152

And if it sticks, I want to upgrade it to this medium cube:
http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/79246

But I don't really have that much expierience with cubes. How do they look? Any cards I should know about, any things I should remove?
>>
Why is this a thing? I don't get it.
>>
>>53212513
>Cubes as a thing?
People like drafting but don't like paying and playing bad cards. Also creating your own sets is fun.
>Or the picture?
It's a bunch of Lorwyn commons, noone cares.
>>
>>53212491
>no force of will
>no mana drain
>no demonic tutor
Shit cube bro ;^)

No, all things considered that looks pretty good though I do have a few remarks.
10 signets and 40 non-basic lands (and almost all of them tapping for 2+ colors) does give me concern that most decks are going to be 3 and 4 color foodstuff piles. Add some non-basic land hate like molten rain, dryad sophisticate, ghost quarter and spreading seas.

Brainstorm really isn't that good without shuffle effects, in most cases that means fetchlands (The mirage fetches are peasant cube all stars, consider adding them)

I don't see overarching themes or draft lines per se - which given how wizards has been fucking up sets by making them all about limited may not be a bad thing.

If this thread's up after locals I'll post and work on my cube.
>>
>>53212491
Have you guys tried playing Wizards Tower?

Multiplayer variation, no lands in it.

200-250 cards, each player draws 3. Shared library/yard. 25 life.

Can play a basic of any type and 1 of each guildgate(or any other combination/lack of you feel like).

I've been experimenting with drawing 2 and playing 2 lands a turn and it's been pretty fun.
>>
>>53214590
A good wizards tower stack and a good cube don't have all that much overlap truth be told.
>>
>>53215543
True, I just enjoy the cards that come to play differently. Like scry effects, shared yard. less time to set up too.
>>
i want to get into cube but my play group doesnt have enough people to pull it off and they always want to do multiplayer so we pretty much only play EDH
>>
>>53215648
wizards

tower

I really don't feel like typing up my list tonight
>>
http://www.cubetutor.com/viewcube/22510
My peasant cube. Haven't updated it for the last few sets. I usually draft it 2-person with my roommate.

>53213362
Damn that's some good advice, I should get some non-basic hate.
>>
>>53213362
Demonic tutor was originally in the cube, and I have a copy laying around.

I will switch out the panoramas for Mirage Fetches if I find some cheap and have everything else ready.

Nonbasic hate I will consider including in the larger version.

I have never built a cube before and don't want to overdo it, which includes making archetypes that are too inslusive. You can see on the bigger version that a BG aristocrats theme is emerging, but I wanted it to be more open-ended so to not put off players who don't like archetypes that I do.
>>
>>53212491
How big should a cube be if you want to accommodate a pod of 6 players?

I wanna say around 270-300 cards?
>>
>>53217117
300 is a good number
>>
>>53217117
The rule of thumb I use is 45 cards per player if drafting, 90 cards per player if sealed. You COULD do 60 per player sealed but expect much weaker decks unless the cube is super high power.
>>
>>53216442
D tutor was a joke, you probably shouldn't have it in the cube.

Didn't notice the panoramas, they work okay-ish with brainstorm as well. Really any shuffle effect. But yeah, fetches are generally better and should be really cheap.

For my cube I have 13 cards devoted to an archetype for each two-color pair (5 of color A, 5 of color B, 3 gold cards) so it leads toward that archetype but you aren't strictly forced into it.
>>
>>53212491
Block cubes are all the rage in my sector right now.

I just finished double sleeving my Tempest block cube and cannot wait to draft from it.
>>
File: IMAG0711.jpg (1MB, 1824x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0711.jpg
1MB, 1824x3264px
>>53212513
cause why not
>>
>>53223578
Hi wes
>>
I run an EDH cube, check it out here http://www.cubetutor.com/75213
It's nearly 1000 cards, been pretty fun and been through a few permutations. Any advice, I'd like to strengthen red and white; green blue and black seem the strongest.
Commanders are drafted first, whatever method works (we've done packs of 5 commanders, drafted regularly, but our favorite is to Winston draft the commanders until we each end up with 5.)
Then we draft, using 6 packs of 10. End up with a 60 card pool, draft a 65 total card deck, including commanders. Nonbasic lands are also separate, and are drafted in 2 packs of 7 each at the end of the draft.
>>
>>53223578
>level 3 menger sponge
Absolute madman.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.