[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm making a homebrew universe where magic is based around

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0142.jpg (103KB, 508x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0142.jpg
103KB, 508x519px
So I'm making a homebrew universe where magic is based around four forms, that is, the classical elements. However, each element has a patron that grants those magical powers to whoever will follow its rules. For example, for air magic, the patron is the Eternal Wanderer. Its tenets involve not owning more than you can carry and not staying in one place too long. I was hoping yall would help me brainstorm some tenets for the other patrons.
>>
Fire users must live with passion and verve. They must follow emotional whims and let their inner voice guide them. They must relish lingering destruction, aggressive creation, and the fierce animal side of human life. Without these primal sparks, they lose their ability to dance with flames. ~~ Just an idea. I would love to get your opinion.
>>
>>53210736
You might try something with the four humors instead, it worked for the ninja turtles.
>>
>>53210736
Jesus just rip off Dota, no one will notice or they will be amused. Or stop posting dota memes. O r you know Rip off monster girl quest for the luls
>>
>>53212164
How is DotA at all relevant besides the picture?

There's no defined schools of magic in DotA, just a bunch of random abilities.
>>
Earth users should have to be barefoot at all times, and have direct, uninterrupted contact with the ground for at least an hour a day.
>>
>>53210736
>Earth: you've got to sculpt your mind and body to perfection. Build relationships and institutions that will last as long as the mountains.
>>
and the avatar can use all four elements
>>
Air user musn't own more material objects than they can physically carry and are forbidden to stay in the same place (village, shelter, town, inn...) for more than fourteen symbolic hours (I let you invent a legend arround this number).

Earth user have to be barefoot all the time and never use a mount to travel. A part of their body must always be in direct contact with the floor when they move. Plus, they have to eat a handful of soil picked up from the ground each day and to feed only on plants.

Water users have to never drink an other beverage than pure water and are forbidden to lie in any circumstances. Furthermore, the intensity of their magic is linked to their proximity to the ocean.

Fire users have no restriction in their daily life (it represents the essential freedom of their element) but to acquire their power, they have to burn the left side of their face and the palm of their right hand during a very painful ritual.
>>
>>53212933
Hypothetically, anyone can use all four forms of magic as long as they fulfill the tenets for each
>>
>>53212936
Nice
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.