[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutants and Masterminds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

Can we talk M&M? First time GM here and we're gonna start stating characters this weekend but I'm unsure on the proper power level for the PCs:

>crimefighter who can see one minute into the future, uses gadgets
>a dude who controls insects
>catperson who can shift from cat to humanoid

I want to keep it street-level but does precognition and limited shapeshifting up the ante too much?
>>
>>53199276
PL 8 should work just fine. You could probably him up to 10, but I find that might be too high if you dont don't want silver age shenanigans. You could go down to PL 7, but I wouldn't go beyond that.

Basically, I like games where characters have a singular power set and can still offer them chalenges. I usually stay between 7 and 10 starting off.
>>
>>53199276
Shapeshifting to a cat is probably not a big deal. Insect control guy is probably going to be fun to build, although if it goes the way I think he'll have summons with Insubstantial, which can be pretty strong and need to be planned against. Although due to the wonders of descriptors, there's nothing mechanically saying just using a flamethrower wouldn't work

For precognition you probably want a dynamic array with stuff like luck control and remote sensing heavily limited by descriptor
>>
File: tumblr_oksdnyt89q1uxsnzdo1_540.png (597KB, 540x538px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oksdnyt89q1uxsnzdo1_540.png
597KB, 540x538px
>>53199321
PL8 is what I figure. We'll discuss tone and setting when we meet but I envision a Golden Age setting to incorporate the earliest wave of mystery men and villains as well as some pulpy weirdness
>>
>>53199456
By Insubstantial you'll mean that the insects themselves are constructs or he can make constructs out of the individual insects?

As far as I know, his character is basically Willard that does good but with bugs. He suggested a villain that can magnify heat waves like a giant magnifying glass and I'm brainstorming a lizard lady femme fatale
>>
>>53199456
Also you'd obviously want the actual Senses (Precognition) power but that could get messy. Have you checked how it works? To represent super-reflexes, Enhanced Trait with some ranks in Defensive Roll, Evasion and Improved initiative could work. It could be a good idea to make him build the character with a Power Loss complication
>>
>>53199276
PL8 is the upper end of street and a low-tier city/national hero. PL10 is the "default" level, used for the likes of Iron Man or Captain America.
>>
>>53199527
It's a power that basically gives you immunity to certain types of damage and some other effects based on rank. A swarm of insects would be best represented by Rank 2, Gaseous.
>>
File: Solomon.jpg (752KB, 1633x2582px) Image search: [Google]
Solomon.jpg
752KB, 1633x2582px
Post superhero stories
>>
File: Jackal.jpg (298KB, 961x952px) Image search: [Google]
Jackal.jpg
298KB, 961x952px
I love this one.
>>
File: 05mW8.gif (1022KB, 235x242px) Image search: [Google]
05mW8.gif
1022KB, 235x242px
>>53199543
>Your senses extend into the future, allowing you to perceive events that may happen. Your precognitive visions represent possible futures. If circumstances change, then the vision may not come to pass. When you use this ability, the Gamemaster chooses what information to impart. Your visions may be obscure and cryptic, open to interpretation.
>The Gamemaster may require appropriate Perception skill checks for you to pick up on particularly
detailed information, with a DC ranging from 15 to 30 or more. The GM can also activate your Precognition to
impart specific information to you as an adventure hook or plot device. Your normal (present-day) senses don’t
work while you’re using Precognition; your awareness is focused on the future. Your precognitive visions last as
long as you concentrate.
>Precognition does not apply to sensory effects like Mind Reading or any other ability requiring interaction.

I'll have to talk to him how he wants to apply his power, since his character sketch is less spidey-sense and more like seeing possible outcomes
>>
File: Laughing Gotham City Lesbians.png (600KB, 714x726px) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Gotham City Lesbians.png
600KB, 714x726px
>>53199631
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.