[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blades in the Dark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

File: EHP_Blades_Marquee.jpg (97KB, 950x300px) Image search: [Google]
EHP_Blades_Marquee.jpg
97KB, 950x300px
So, Blades in the Dark. Has anyone tried this game? I bought it early in Early Access but I have never gotten a group to play it with.

What are your experiences with it? Storytimes? Anything?
>>
Bump. Too early for threads?
>>
File: blade.jpg (104KB, 680x560px) Image search: [Google]
blade.jpg
104KB, 680x560px
Last bump
>>
File: Blades in the Dark (v6).pdf (7MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Blades in the Dark (v6).pdf
7MB, 1x1px
This game looks amazing, but my group isn't suited for this type of games.
>>
>>53198091
>v6
I appreciate the effort but that's pretty outdated, they're up to 8.1 now.
>>
We played a bit of it for our uni radio.
Most of the group didn't get the premise and one guy kept starting shit for no particular reason. I was the social character (which I'm bad at) and our Spider doesn't really know how to play at all.

Good game but could've done with a better group.
>>
>>53198204
Were you not able to gather people who were actually interested in this kind of a game?
>>
>>53198214
We had a group, it's just that they aren't the best for TTRPGs. Our GM is pretty damn good but after one guy left due to work overload we were left with two people who just didn't seem to understand how the game worked. They wanted to play, they just weren't good at it.
>>
>>53198156
I know, and the moment someone decides to post it I'll update my "library".
>>
File: browsing.gif (831KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
browsing.gif
831KB, 500x281px
>>53198156
would be a shame if anybody posted it....
>>
File: 1427463404478.png (79KB, 457x472px) Image search: [Google]
1427463404478.png
79KB, 457x472px
Played three sessions so far for some testing after picking up the PDF. DM + 2 players, rotating roles since we're all experienced with DMing different systems. We've had some experience with Dungeon World and Apocalypse World before, but never stuck with those.

The game seems alright, though it's evident that our group is still not entirely comfortable with the rules and pacing of it all. We all really enjoyed the mission load and flashback mechanics but ran into some small issues assessing what comprised a controlled, risky or desperate situation as well as coming up with interesting devil's bargains. As a result the various scores that the characters went on felt disjointed in terms of difficulty and tone. I suspect it's something you adjust to as you keep playing with the system and/or setting.

Another thing that I personally found a bit lacking was the entanglement list. The mechanic in itself isn't a bother, but so far the limited amount of results make it a bit repetitive and sometimes even too punishing in relation to transpired events. I suspect I'll end up making custom lists for that part of the game to smooth it out.

>guards around our mark, pistols and blades
>stealth approach, light load, no weapons
>flashback and say we bribed their pub to put weak laxatives in their food during recon
>roll badly, but DM accepts and we finish our score once the guards run off shitting
>one guard took it personally
>gain new enemy to gang
>mfw

All in all, had fun but our group needs to get better at setting/system if we want it to run smoothly.
>>
File: thief.jpg (133KB, 650x350px) Image search: [Google]
thief.jpg
133KB, 650x350px
>>53198427
If the Bluecoats catch you, you don't know me, taffer.
https://mega.nz/#!FXgHTYaL!Iz3rAtAE_SKoFXoZpX5FEnaEKTKKMjLdTMrPkgfr0cw
>>
I've bought and GM'd the system. It's pretty cool, the fluff is a little wonky but it's easily substituted with pretty much anything you want
>>
File: BlackSails 1.jpg (311KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BlackSails 1.jpg
311KB, 1200x1200px
>>53198586
This is awesome. You're awesome.
>>
File: stud jeans.jpg (474KB, 640x886px) Image search: [Google]
stud jeans.jpg
474KB, 640x886px
>>53198586
my nigga
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.