[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1490: The Krogan Deserved It Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 480
Thread images: 67

File: 1475207542065.pdf (6MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1475207542065.pdf
6MB, 1x1px
>Google Drive
http://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=%23JumpchainCYOA
http://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
http://pastebin.com/jPdZPCu4

>How to Jumpchain
http://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread
>>53180730
>>
Yeah they did, the Salarians did nothing wrong.

>>53191066
No different from an abortion.
>>
File: 1484026759460.jpg (216KB, 587x734px) Image search: [Google]
1484026759460.jpg
216KB, 587x734px
Jump 43: Superman - The Animated Series
Origin: Drop-In
Identity: Hero
Perks:
Life of Bibbo
You're Much Stronger Than You Think You Are [1500]
Anti-Life Immunity [1200]
Kindly Couple [100]
Agape [900]
Last Hope [700]
Kindly Couple [300]
Desperate Scientists [100]
Underestimated [0]

Super Powers: [+400 For Hero Powers]
Sane Science [500]

Items:
Radiation Proof Suit

Drawbacks:
No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
Nemesis [1200]
I Forgot [1400]
The Main Man [1700]

Parallel time. Parallel Worlds. Of course, time and displacement between infinite possibilities would intersect more than I would ever imagine. I appeared in Metropolis. I immediately had no shortage of supervillains to defeat, along with an amazingly belligerent Lobo to contend with. Naturally, Hyde was part of this equation, too. No rest for the weary. No rest for the Destroyer.

Then, I heard some news. Of Gotham City's bat-clad hero…and three other vigilantes seen with him. Robin. Sparrow. Bluebird. Familiar names. Names that would eventually become my own distant history. Or already are.

I don't know what time will do if we ever interact - I certainly don't remember anything like it, and I don't what to know what will happen if I do. But this is one half of Hyde's original world, too. That's why I had to track him down. To stop him.

I never did learn of what turned Matthew into Smile. What horrifying revelation broke him into an inhuman monster. And I learned it too little, too late. Hyde hunted down Matthew, his past self. Broke and shaped him into what he was, despite my efforts to try and stop things from the shadows. Because if I broke the loop, what would happen? The paradox of this 'dual-jump', an unforeseen consequence of my chain, is what created my greatest enemy.

Was this the world fighting back, or was this just cruel predestination? I don't know. I don't know enough about time to unravel its mysteries. I almost wish I took the Eye with me on the way out of the last world.
>>
Finally got around to reading the 39 page Tomb Kings jump. Some issues I found.
>Origins
So the Prince and Priest Backgrounds are 100 CP, and the Golem also. The Priest comes with the extra Magic, and the Golem with the Body Budget, but not seeing the Prince. The ones that are free should say free or 0 CP.

>Undead Traits- Free and Mandatory For All
This invalidates the point of Drop Ins, and should not be mandatory if they want to arrive as whatever they were last jump.

>Scarab King-300
Has a lot of thematic crossover with
>Tomb Swarm
In the Golem Items Section and
>Tomb Swarms
In the Tomb section. I would make the Tomb Swarm discounted to Scarab Kings, or free for a Scarab King who is also a Golem, and give Scarab Kings with a Tomb the Tomb Swarms upgrade for free.

>Golem
Has some issues, like only having half the Perks of other Origins, and the perks are more about the body than about you, The Origin mentions being a Famous Warrior, but the perks are bland and could apply to anyone with a golem body. This needs to be a Bonus Origin, where paying an extra 100 CP makes you a Golem (Prince/Priest/Herald/Necrotect) with the Golem stuff and discounts added on.

>Conduit- 600
>As a conduit, you will not benefit yourself, but you will greatly empower the magics of all friendly magic users within a good distance around your own body.
This feels wrong. If the power flows through him into the surroundings, the golem IS in the area of effect. If it can cast magic, the magic should be enhanced as well as anyone elses.

>Golem Form
So, no human sized Golems are offered, all are huge. Is there a human skeleton in there the golem is built around them necessitates it being so big?
>>
>>53191200
>Tomb
>Make It Bigger- 200/400/600
>Extra Rooms- 50
This seems wrong here. The reason I would want a bigger Tomb is to put more stuff inside, but Make it bigger still has the same 6 rooms. A city sized Pyramid should have a cities worth of rooms inside, not six. The problem is charging for space inside at 50 CP per 12 rooms instead of empty space being free (up to an ammount based on the size of the pyramid)

>Tomb Kingdom- 500
Also makes no sense if you only have 6 rooms in the pyramid. That many warriors would take a lot of room.

>Alternative Materials-100/200/300
The first two levels are too expensive; the strongest stone would pale compared to a metal or alloy, and the strongest mundane real world material next to super science comic book or fantastic building material bullshit. How about 50/100/300? It also needs a +50 at the end for the additional building materials (But I would only charge that for more 3rd level options, not real world stuff.)

>Alternative Structure- 100
Do you need this for Step Pyramids or Ziggurats, or do those fall under the pyramid (free) or Personalized Tomb options?

>Brittle Old Bones- +100
A hearty slap breaking your bones is not a +100 CP drawback, You would break bones walking. The needs to be rewritten to be more sensible or give more points.
>>
>>53191200
>>53191210
>Like Sand in the Wind- +200
>Your achievements, no matter how
great, will return to nothing within a year at most. You might struggle and slaughter your way to the top, but you will be cast down before the year is out. Never will you leave a legacy, never will you found an empire and never will you succeed for too long.
This is not actually a drawback, this is just "You automatically loose by fiat"
An better worded drawback based on this would be "An Ill Wind follows you, seeking to bury your works beneath the sands, and scour blank your monuments. All your long term endeavors will need your constant vigilance if they are to last, never letting your attentions lapse or your labors waver, lest your legacy be undone by chance and circumstance where your gaze cannot see.

>Tomb Raided- +200
>Seems you’ll be spending your time tracking down everything that got taken, else leave it behind forever once your time here ends.
> leave it behind forever once your time here ends.
This is beyond the scope of a drawback. That have to go sway when you leave the jump. Permanent loss of things from outside jumps is not within the power if a jumpmaker acting in good faith to inflict with a drawback, taking away another jumps CP protected items.
>>
>>53191200
>This feels wrong. If the power flows through him into the surroundings, the golem IS in the area of effect. If it can cast magic, the magic should be enhanced as well as anyone elses.
Nah, it's not a field that happens to have them at the center, it's radiating outward from them. There's a directionality involved, the very center is untouched.
>>
>>53191200
>Soul Buddies
>They need not actively channel power into you, only be present within around 20 metres of your position at all times.
20 Meters seems really small, is the range really that small in the wargame? I would think the empowerment range of a priest would be a Battlefield, and that sounds to small for a battlefield.
> If you spend more than a single second away from that distance from any particular Liche Priest, your soul and body will separate, resulting in a final death for you, even if you would normally be capable of surviving such a thing.
Remove the 'final' there, just making it result in a death; For example, One Ups should still save you if you go out of range (if you have any), until you run out of them. Perks are allowed to mitigate Disadvantages, just not bypass them entirely.

>Soul Mate
This is kind of a horrible scenario all the way around. Because not only are you narrating the jumpers situation, you are also narrating the jumpers path through that situation, and the acceptable solutions to that situation. Like killing the one who will do the Evil Stuff, and not killing the Good one is not even allowed. And you are inflicting fiat suffering past the duration of the Jump they are in. I mean
>This comes at the cost of the eternal, unending and unpreventable torment of the two souls you sacrificed, forever trapped within your soul and unable to find release.
Sounds like something a 13 year old goth girl would write, and disregards any and all Soul effecting perks jumper might have to manipulate their own soul, or guarantee the sanctity of it. Like some jumpers's soul is a actual place they can visit, perceive, and have absolute control over. It is just railroading of the most juvenile kind. You can do better then this.

>The Golden Empire
>Golems cannot take this Scenario
Why? I mean, everyone starts as a living human. If you can spontaneously turn into an undead, you can spontaneously die and have your spirit possess some statuary
>>
Do you still chew gum, /jc/?
>>
File: 1398041901790.jpg (107KB, 900x319px) Image search: [Google]
1398041901790.jpg
107KB, 900x319px
Jumpers! With all your incredible cosmic powers and fabulous good looks, how often do you give other people complete makeovers or at least improve someone's appearance a little?
>>
>>53191200
Prince is paying for the status and authority, since they're teh 3rd highest rank of the entire race. I'm not holding your hand for every tiny little thing, I reckon people can probably understand that if it doesn't have a price, it's free.

>Invalidates for drop ins
Can't say I care. It's a tomb king jump,y uo're going to be a tomb king. If you like, swap to another alt form as soon as you get here.

>Crossover options
Not seeing how. One turns you into scarabs. Another gives you a swarm of assorted dead animals around your main body and another does it for your whole tomb. There will not be special discounts if you buy specific perks nor will there be any tomb upgrades given for free.

>Golem
Yes, that's why they only cost 100cp instead of more, since they get 400cp effective free elsewhere. Yes, the perks are about being a golem. Surprisingly, I know, but it is a Golem origin. No, there is already a much better way to reflect that.

It's not changing. He's the conduit but it flows out from him, he cannot use it.

Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this. The golems are golems, why would someone go to the trouble of making a golem that had no advantages over a normal skeleton?
>>
>>53191229
>There's a directionality involved, the very center is untouched.
Shouldn't matter, if magic from the spirit realm is spewed into the area around you, even if it isn't directly where you are standing, it is in arms reach. Any half competent spell caster can channel something in arms reach.
>>
File: Crona 23.jpg (340KB, 563x722px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 23.jpg
340KB, 563x722px
>>53191255

Yep, nervous tick, gotta chew on stuff, as long as I can get nervous I'm gonna be getting something to chew on and gum is the best option.
>>
>>53191301
>If you like, swap to another alt form as soon as you get here.
Don't personally have a problem with the way it's written now, but that isn't possible. You have a perk making you a skeleton, so all your alt forms are skeletons. You would have to use out of context magic to polymorph your body into something else.
>>
>>53191223
>Permanent loss of things from outside jumps is not within the power if a jumpmaker acting in good faith to inflict with a drawback, taking away another jumps CP protected items.
Mother has precedence for it in a drawback that permanently kills one of your companions.
>>
>>53191288
I do. Not to drastic degrees though. Mainly, it's just a quick tune up when they're not paying attention. Healthier bones, clear skin, reduced risk of cancer, a height adjustment towards the taller side, Shut up, it's my fetish, that sort of thing.
>>
>>53190907
To actually answer your question, it was a straight up genocide. Whether that was right or wrong depends on if you're evil or not, because the Krogan did nothing wrong, so it was an unprovoked annihilation of their species, and no one who isn't evil would think that genocide is morally right.
>>
>>53191302
No, because it's flowing away from you. The pressure of it spewing out keeps you from being able to get a hold of it, yourself.
>>
>>53191210
>Bigger/Extra rooms
No, why would a big tomb have more rooms? It's not a city. It's a tomb. If you want more rooms, thus making it more unlike a tomb, you can pay for them. You can say that's your reason for wanting a bigger tomb but I can't see why what you want dictates what I was pricing it with.

>Tomb Kingdom
Yes, it's almost like options will add rooms to give space and the Extra Rooms option is only if you just want some empty free storage space.

No. I find it's just fine as is, particularly for how much you get even at a base level. I'm certainly not making it even cheaper or outright free for extra stuff.

You need it for those, yes.

It's quite easy to replace bones in a desert filled with billions of them. Most of the origins don't need to get into combat anyway. And don't be silly about breaking them by walking.

>>53191223
No, it's not you auto lose. You can still win, it's just those wins eventually don't matter. Your suggestion also wouldn't be 200 worthy given someone could quite easily focus on just one or two things and never feel it, whereas the current one makes them feel it no matter what.

>Beyond the scope
Your opinion it seems. Does dying due to a drawback go away at the end of a jump? You have between ten and 2500 years to find a limited number of items that all have trails left for you to follow.
>>
>>53191288
Incredibly often. I've given pretty much every version of Hephaestus great looks because I felt bad for the guy, and I tend to make people as beautiful as they are on the inside with magic, because it not only helps good people, but it also amuses me and gives people incentive to behave and be nice.
>>
>>53191288
No, because I'm new and can't do that yet. Maybe someday, though.
>>
>>53191288
What are some good perks for doing that?
>>
>>53191239
No, it's not. It's a 300cp drawback so it is made more intense, as otherwise it'd be 200. It is final death. That's part of why it's such a highly priced drawback.

>Soul mate narrating their path through the situation
There's a path other then "You look for these dudes to get your shit back and eventually find them"?

>acceptable solutions
It's a binary choice. I've since said to questions that you can indeed choose neither, and nothing in the scenario says otherwise, but you do need to get your soul back yourself. You can kill just one but it won't satisfy the being who took your shit.

>Inflicting fiat suffering past the jump
Oh my god you are insufferable.

>The entire next paragraph
Anon, it's hard enough bothering with you when you seem to give everything as an order and expect your way is right every time. Why do you think I'd bother at all when you move onto insults?

>Golems can't take
Don't be stupid.
>>
>>53191349
And the perk also says it becomes an alt form. Holy shit do you need me to hand feed you every bit? It doesn't say every alt form becomes that, so why would every alt form become that?
>>
How do you think Scion would react if I used Origami World from Paper Mario to turn it all into 2d?
>>
>>53191301
>Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this. The golems are golems, why would someone go to the trouble of making a golem that had no advantages over a normal skeleton?
Please take some time to read both the jump and the actual game before asking questions like this.

Val, I have read your entire jump, and you are kind of being an ass here.

Someone would go to the trouble of making a human sized skeleton so it would fit in human sized spaces and you could take in into enclosed spaces and use human sized weaponry. A human sized golem with enchanted bones (Warded Titan) that empowered nearby spellcasters (Conduit or Heirotitan) or whose gaze turned opponents to sand (Sepulchral Stalker) would have the advantages over a normal skeleton, in that it had enchanted bones and was more durable than a normal skeleton, or empowered nearby spellcasters, or had a gaze that turned opponents to sand.

>Can't say I care.
Val, that is just offensive. Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary.

You are aware there are people who randomly roll their jumps, so you are acting really sleazy here.
>>
>>53191486
Undead Traits is listed in the Perks section and says it becomes an alt form after the jump. That means that, during the jump, I have a perk that says that I am a skeleton. Do perks go away when you change to an alt form? That is a house rule I've never heard of, and certainly isn't standard. Thus, changing to another alt form will not get rid of the perk and you will remain a skeleton. You would instead need Toggle to turn the perk off.

Like I said, I don't think there's a problem with doing it that way, but mechanically that must be the way it works barring house rules.
>>
>>53191435
Kim Possible has shapeshifting nanobots.

You could probably figure out something with shaping magic from Geneforge.

Disney Princess magic.

Worm has a flesh/organic matter manipulation power.

Pretty much any jump with super tech like Marvel or Johnny Test.

And I think Star Trek, Mass Effect, and Futurama all some kind of genetic engineering or surgical technology that can improve someone's health and appearance.

There's also the Fountain of Youth from DC Occult that brings people to their physical prime and prevents them from aging.
>>
>>53191559

>Val, that is just offensive. Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary. You are aware there are people who randomly roll their jumps, so you are acting really sleazy here.

Just speaking from an outside perspective, people who want to avoid certain choices, Jumps, settings, etc, shouldn't do random roll chains where that is exactly what happens.
>>
>>53191559
So you mean almost all the examples you could think of can be done with the perks other origins can buy or are limited to the specific, large form of a giant snake being. Yeah, not seeing a reason and it's certainly matching nothing in canon.

>Offensive
Oh well. I'm not here to cater to playstyles that purposefully limit themselves or do things differently. If they always want to take that, fine, but it's not my job to make sure everyone gets everything equally. This is a Tomb Kings jump, you will be a Tomb King. Just like in Ogres, where you will be an Ogre. If you don't want to, don't do it.

>Sleazy
Haha.

>>53191571
A. never heard anything like that as the rule so that's just your handling of it. B. I've just told you it doesn't work that way.
>>
>>53191559
If you don't want to be a spooky scary skeleton, don't take the jump about being a spooky scary skeleton. I don't see what the problem is, this jump clearly isn't for you, why are you complaining about it?
>>
>>53191559
>Some people do have chains where they always take Drop In, because they DON'T want a mandatory non-human form. And making them take one is unnecessary.
There are already several jumps that force you into non-human forms, even as Drop-Ins. It is the standard way to handle settings where the main characters are non-human.

It's a jump about being a skeleton. If you don't want to be a skeleton, don't take it.
>>
>>53191200
How do I Queen Khalida? Seems like she'd be surprised if anyone else in Nehekara was as well-preserved as she is.
>>
>>53191648
Deathmask option. Pretty sure she's just wearing a kinda fucked up mask and is just as rotten on the inside. If not, she won't tell the difference.

I mean like, 'well preserved' with her is pretty relative after all.
>>
>>53191658
Oh. They said clothing does wonders, but I never figured it worked that well.
>>
>>53191486
>And the perk also says it becomes an alt form
Val, One, that guy you are responding to here is not me.
Two, it says it becomes an altform after the jump, then means that during this jump it applies to every form you take. This is basic inferred logic here.
Three, you are still being an ass. Try to remain civil please.

I'm sorry if you are pissed because this stuff is being brought up now, but your jump is only three days old. And frankly, your jumps haven't been getting a lot of critique lately if you have not noticed. Now you may think it is because they are naturally perfect, but from here it seems they people aren't even bothering to look at them, because when they comment, you treat them like shit.

Have you tried NOT being a shit to people? Please?
>>
>>53191623
>There are already several jumps that force you into non-human forms, even as Drop-Ins.

The difference is that those are typically alternate forms, implying that you can change them. In this jump, it's a mandatory perk that gives you undead traits, and it's not stated that it becomes an alternate form until the jump is over.

>>53191618
Not >>53191200 but thank you for the clarification.
>>
>>53191682
It's a racial jump. You belong to that race during the jump. That's how we handle this in every other case. In Halo: Covenant you're a Covenant alien. In Vampire The Masquerade you are a vampire. In Exalted you are the Exalt type for that jump.

If it bothers you that much, take Toggle before doing this one.
>>
>>53191598
>Just speaking from an outside perspective, people who want to avoid certain choices, Jumps, settings, etc, shouldn't do random roll chains where that is exactly what happens.
Only when the quality of the jump needs something to be desired. Mandatory race or gender changes for Drop Ins is very much NOT standard. Drop In used to mean you literally dropped in. Sometimes you were older or younger, but it was still you. This is all Val's jump trying to special and unique.
>>
>>53191682
Anon, I think you're just being far too sensitive. I've responded as I always have, for years. If anything, I am far more polite then normal. Just because someone doesn't accept every suggestion you make or act very polite does not mean they're pissed off or treating you like shit.

Jumps rarely get much critique, particularly when older jump makers are making them. I've never said my stuff is perfect, though you do seem to like putting words in my mouth to justify your feelings, and I've always understood why and how meta stuff like reviews and feedback work.

>>53191737
The only reason it even has that note was because thought it didn't become an alt form afterwards and you just lost it. If you like, since at least 2 seem to have this misunderstanding, I can put in a note that it is an alt form overall and does not effect everything, but it will be remaining mandatory.
>>
>>53191750
See >>53191739
>>
>>53191750
It's totally not though. It's just you being an asshole and bitching about something you made up.
>>
I feel like this shitty little anon giving Val crap is an SBer. They certainly type like someone from Spacebattles.
>>
File: He has no words.jpg (22KB, 220x393px) Image search: [Google]
He has no words.jpg
22KB, 220x393px
>>53191750
>Tomb Kings jump
>Bitching about having to be a Tomb King
>>
>>53191750
People don't bitch about being a Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, or a Dog in Nintendogs, it's literally the same.
>>
>>53191824
>Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
Not to nit pick, but that jump has an option to say human.
>>
Has anyone claimed any of the other Tales games, like Berseria?
>>
File: 300px-Blackpyra.jpg (15KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Blackpyra.jpg
15KB, 300x187px
Would having a tomb the same size or larger then Setra piss him off enough to try to kill you or subjugate you?

He seems like the kind of guy that would take any perceived overshadowing of himself as a direct challenge to his rule.
>>
>>53191824
People totally bitched about being a Pokemon in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

In fact, I believe Manyfist was the one to ask QS to put the human option in.
>>
>>53191863
Depends on whether you're right next to his tomb or not. He'd probably just try to destroy the tomb too, like he did with Nagash, and only do anything with you if you appeared in front of him and made it known that was your tomb. Otherwise he's probably got better things to do.
>>
>>53191867
>entire series is based off of being a Pokemon
>people bitched about having to be a Pokemon
Why.
>>
>>53191867
If i remember right, people were complaining that there wasn't an option to stay human without a shitty drawback in the transformers jump and the maker brought up how PMD didn't have one as an excuse i think.
Then QS said he could add one, then did so. Don't remember what happened after that though.
>>
>>53191618
>A. never heard anything like that as the rule so that's just your handling of it. B. I've just told you it doesn't work that way.
Val, we Don't have 'Racial Perks' and 'Non Racial Perks', we just have Perks, and they have worked the same way since the beginning. They are assumed to be always in effect unless they say different in the text themselves.

This is why some perks that give you always on physical changes are considered 'traps' and why perks like 'Toggle' in the Young Justice jump even exist.

B. Does not help, at all. You cannot make a jump with your unstated assumptions unwritten and implied. The jump has to be usable by most people, and most people are not you. The things you are taking for granted are not written in what little jumpchain rules we have, so they need to stated in your jump. Saying something here is not that helpful, because right now your jump contradicts similar examples in previous jumps.
>>
>>53191902
People badgered Yorokonde about putting in a Human option for Zootopia too. Some people just can't handle a little restriction based on common sense.
>>
>>53191902

Don't challenge a human's ability to complain about something. There is always something someone can criticize.
>>
>>53191867
>>53191846
>In fact, I believe Manyfist was the one to ask QS to put the human option in.
You don't make a good case for not being a shitposter. Literally nitpicking though, since you're by default a pokemon in that jump, and have to go out of your way, and disadvantage yourself on top of that, to be a human.

More over, you can still be a human anyway, you don't fucking lose access to your other Altforms. You're just being a fucking bitch and complaining about something without concern for if it matters or makes any sense.
>>
>>53191929
I'm still just seeing you complaining that the jump doesn't work by the way you see perks as operating as and continuing to complain when I've both explained how it works and even offered to add a note to clarify how it works.

Feels a bit like bitching for the sake of bitching at this point.
>>
>>53191929
Most people have the brain cells to make the logical conclusions instead of needing to have everything spelled out for them. You, clearly, do not. Stop pestering. She's putting in a note.
>>
>>53191958
>feels a bit like bitching for the sake of bitching at this point
How's that old saying go? "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck." or something along those lines?
>>
>>53191929
>we Don't have 'Racial Perks' and 'Non Racial Perks',
Yes we do. Several jumps offer perks that only apply in a specific particular alt form, like Pacific Rim or Kingdom Hearts.
>>
File: d91.jpg (50KB, 680x782px) Image search: [Google]
d91.jpg
50KB, 680x782px
Jump # 91 Pacific Rim
Background: Experimental Kaiju/human Hybrid (600)
Perks:
*Kaiju Behavior Studies (0)
Kaiju Adaptations
*Might (0)
*Speed (0)
*Toughness (0)
*Sonic Wave (0)
*Invisibility (0)
*Carapace (0)
*Iron Skin (200)
*Atomic breath (200)
Equipment:
Companions:
*An Extra Pair of Hands (500)
Drawbacks
*Top of the Wall (+300)
*Chasing the R.A.B.B.I.T. (+200)

This was a hard jump. I started out working on a wall, fighting off Kaiju with my companions. We knew the damn wall would fall eventually but no one seemed to want to listen to us. We did our best to hold it with powers from other worlds.

There were Kaiju who could eat Nukes for breakfast; thankfully we didn’t run in to any of those… until the last week. Damn it was ugly, It was huge, It shrugged up almost everything we threw at it without noticing it. I mean Akitsu nailed it with a sphere of ultimate destruction which disintegrated a small chunk of it, the damn thing barely noticed.

I used the spear of Destiny finally in the missing chunk to finally kill the damn thing. The wall though didn’t survive the attack, thankfully we did.

Then we joined a program to help fight the Kaiju on equal terms. It was a hybriding program… It succeeded beyond their expectations and soon we were ready for field testing, though along with gaining the ability to take kaiju form we also seemed to gain the distrust of the researchers.

We battled Kaiju alongside the Jaegers, who at first were very suspicious of us but we quickly proved valuable. Then came time to close the breach, they realized the Kaiju were bioweapons and the rift was stabilizing meaning more Kaiju.

I had my doubts about the plan. Honestly I thought it was very risky; I had something that could solve the problem permanently but was very hesitant to use it.

(to be continued)
>>
>>53192013
Hoping for some other option I asked rick to rig up something to close portals like the breach, he bitched a little but gave in and made it. I guess he was concerned about me.

We traveled down with the bomb and the remaining Jaegers to try and destroy the breach.

So we fought and they tried to overwhelm us. I didn’t think the bomb was going to be enough to close the breach. I realized that even if we succeeded there was a good chance they could open another breach. Reluctantly I dropped my Kaiju form. My power over water protected me thankfully from the pressure.

I put on special gear I needed for it and drew a nameless sword. The most powerful creation I had ever made. This was it, I was likely about to end the alien threat forever and destroy their planet, likely killing a lot of innocents too..

… I just couldn’t bring myself to do it. I don’t kill, not if there is any way I can avoid it.

I used Rick’s Device instead, the Breach closed up. There was no guarantee that they wouldn’t just open another but we could close it just as easily… hopefully

My companions managed to clean up the rest of the Kaiju, the Jaegers were mostly wrecked and we had to rescue the pilots.

In the end I am relieved I didn’t do it. Maybe I should be a bit horrified I considered it in the first place.
However I still am not sure that I chose right. I fear that I will not know for the time I am here. A new breach could open any day with hordes of Kaiju spilling out.
>>
>>53192031
I'm pretty sure the aliens will be a little more concerned with the fact that you closed the breach. The fact that humans (because they won't know about your otherworldly origin) can do that now will probably have them thinking twice about attacking again.
>>
File: at last I truly see.png (93KB, 600x507px) Image search: [Google]
at last I truly see.png
93KB, 600x507px
>looking at the final mission of CoD IW
>Reyes goes full SACRIFICE EVERYONE FOR THE MISSION
>has literally all of his crew get guns and go on the suicide mission, even the logistics guys
>orders out-of-ammo aircraft to kamikaze the enemy AA
>lets go of whatsherface when the bot grabs her
>uses Ethan as a bomb to take out the shipyard reactor
>orders the captured warship to fire on his position in the shipyard bridge
>mfw having both capstone modifiers basically make you final mission Reyes

That's bloody brilliant. I don't think I've seen a jump where the personality influence and powers from perks is based on the MC's character development (however stunted it is for being a CoD protag) rather than their abilities or powers.
>>
>>53191952
> You don't make a good case for not being a shitposter.
I'm sorry my memory triggers you, anon. Because that's literally how I remember it.

Something about QS saying he'd add it in if Manyfist added it to the Transformer's jump as well, and now both jumps have the option to be a human.

If you think I'm wrong you can go dig up the conversation and correct me about something that doesn't even fucking matter.
>>
>>53191618
>This is a Tomb Kings jump, you will be a Tomb King.
>>53191619
>If you don't want to be a spooky scary skeleton, don't take the jump about being a spooky scary skeleton
That is not what JumpChain is about, at all. It is about going to unique, compelling settings. The very first jump is pokemon. You are not forced to be a trainer. You are given a Starter, but can just travel the world, or learn accounting in some city if you want.

You are saying that in this Desert of Death there is no nothing of worth in the setting but the Tomb Kings?

>>53191824
>Dog in Nintendogs
Not actually mandatory, you can be the one taking care of the Dogs.
Another poster already mentioned you can remain human on PMD

>>53191739
>In Exalted you are the Exalt type for that jump.
No, the Exaltations are not mandatory.

In the better written jumps, these things can be free, but that does NOT mean you have to take them.
>>
>>53191863
>>53191888
>Settra looked upon the ruins of the great city he rules over. Examining the many tombs that were created after his death.

>The two most prominent ones being the massive 2 Kilometer pyramids that dare to overshadow his glorious tomb.

>The first one belonging to that despoiler Nagash whose heresy against the gods and his kingdom shall soon be his undoing.

>The second one is even odder. When he questioned his subjects about almost all of them were as baffled by it as he was. It was only the youngest undead that had a clue to whose tomb it was. They claim that the tomb belonged to Alcadizaar's predecessor, a mysterious ruler whose rule seemed almost phantasmal for their nonexistent presence in the kingdom's life. The creation of the monument was the oddest part. The ruler did not form an army of slaves and nearly bankrupt the kingdom to create this monument but rather one day this monument began to mysteriously form one day, almost as if the world was knitting it together, willing it into creation.
>>
>>53192107
Theoretically, you could take the heroic mortal Drawbacks in Dragon-Blooded or Infernals and keep them in future jumps, but I don't remember an option for that in Sidereals.

You also completely ignored the other examples of jumps that did force you into taking something.
>>
>>53192107
Okay. You need to stop posting.
>>
>>53192152
Heh. Not too shabby anon.
>>
>>53192160
He's not going to, anon. He's convinced himself that he's in the right, so the best thing to do is just ignore him.
>>
What jumps can I go to to pick up a dragon loli
>>
>>53192059
I highly doubt that.
They would probably be more interested in harvesting humanity now to find out how they got that tech.
Also remember in the normal timeline, Gipsy's self destruct probably destroyed the tech used to make the portal. Even with them having to rebuild it, they still come back.
>>
>>53191821
Where is that from anyway?
>>
>>53192059
Your probably right. I think it would at least delay any attacks until they knew what happened. However it's tough to say they wouldn't attack again because we don't know their motives so it's hard to say what they would do.
>>
>>53192262
>Pacific Rim 2
Huh. That's a thing.
>>
>>53192240
I think one of the Fire Emblems.
>>
File: 1359393863108.gif (1MB, 360x260px) Image search: [Google]
1359393863108.gif
1MB, 360x260px
>>53191387
>the Krogan did nothing wrong
>Got bored when they were done genociding the Rachni so they started conquering and eradicating their allies.
>nothing wrong
>>
>>53192278
>we don't know their motives

That was kinda explained in the movie. They want earth. The Kaiju are pest control. We are the pests.

https://youtu.be/qJOruF7XsCY?t=104
>>
>>53192330
>Earth is ready for them because of how polluted it is
So if we fix the environment, the aliens will fuck off?
>>
File: DragonBloodedCover.jpg (162KB, 874x800px) Image search: [Google]
DragonBloodedCover.jpg
162KB, 874x800px
I hate to do this, but...
Exalted Mortal Hero Gauntlet.
How survivable is "The Mortal from Hell" Drawback? I have no idea what a Jette is, but he's got a berserker sword and some pretty good armor.
Is it reasonable for me to just kill the Sidereal from "Fuck me, Sidereal!"? Alternatively, is having a loving, stable relationship with her an option?
How much more dangerous is a Dragonblooded relative to peak human? I can't find any feats or anything,
And a follow up to that, Would "A Dragon's World" Counter "From Another Time and Land; Luna What Did You Do!?"? Can the world cope?
Also, how much of Creation is Wilderness?
>>
>muppet treasure island jump
>like half the perk descriptions are from the songs
10/10 would sail for adventure on big blue wet thing with again
>>
>>53192240
>>53192304
Didn't check what recruitment options are available, but there's Nowi from Awakening and Fae from Elibe.
>>
>>53191935
This is 4chan, and one of our oldest uniting elements is the hatred of furries.
>>
>>53192330
Huh, I never saw the movie, I didn't know (it wasn't in the summery I read) honestly since they go from planet to planet, yeah maybe humanities sudden technological leap would be a strong enough deterrent that they wouldn't want to mess with us. It's most likely they pick planets they don't think will be that much of a challenge.
>>
>>53192065
This guy sounds like he has brain problems.
>>
>>53192384
That Jump doesn't get enough credit. It's great stuff.

>>53192390
And yet Pokemon are always on the table.
>>
>>53192240
Surprisingly, most of the good settings with loli dragons are not jumps yet. This place is not weeb enough.
>>
>>53190907
Isn't there a mention in the story/lore that they could've created a version that tweaked the fertility rates but a straight up "screw you" version was chosen because it was quicker and easier?
>>
File: glowing_runes_by_illogical_lynx.jpg (185KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
glowing_runes_by_illogical_lynx.jpg
185KB, 800x800px
>>53192152
>Settra's attempts to destroy these eyesores to his rule had bitterly failed. Nagash's warpstone proved to be too durable to destroy and too dangerous to approach. And whatever the other tomb was made out of, a material that both he and all of his Necrotects had never seen before, seemed to be just as if not more durable. And annoyingly it seemed that this ruler had a love for sphinxes and barred every gate and door of their tomb with one. When the sphinxes aren't making jokes their coming up with extraordinarily difficult riddles that non of his, so called educated, priests could solve.

>Fool, as if a true king has time for games and riddles.

>As night approached Settra could see that whoever this ruler was they were either magician or had some surprisingly talented wizards in their court.

>Over the Mystery rulers tomb were beautifully inscribed glowing runes forming pictures and carvings which greatly enhanced the beauty of the Tomb. While these runes are only visible at night, Settra grudgingly admitted that whoever created this tomb certainly had artistic style.

>On the other hand, Emblazed in glowing runes of the same type all over Nagash's pyramid were profanities, insults and jokes about Nagash "Compensating for something". Clearly this mystery ruler had some sort of grudge.

>Still when Settra finally captures this fool that though that they were better then him he will ask, before this arrogant king is executed for his impudence, who designed his runes. Skill like that should be rewarded and someone of that level should be at a true kings side.
>>
>>53192429
They are returning after we beat them with the Jaegers which was a technological leap itself.
Really, having technology on par with them just means "well now we can pillage resources AND tech."
>>
>>53192362
Possible, except they might still be a little upset over loosing some of their Kaiju toys to us.

You know how "you are like monkeys to us" alien rulers get.
If you show that they can't have the planet, they'll just blow it up in 5 minutes.
>>
The ultimate question /jc/; World President or World Dictator?
>>
>>53192570
Who wants to rule the world? It's mostly paperwork.
>>
>>53192262
God in Heaven, I thought Del Toro couldn't make the sequel happen.
58% of my hope and faith in humanity has been restored.
>>
File: 665416514654.png (123KB, 1836x2376px) Image search: [Google]
665416514654.png
123KB, 1836x2376px
>>53192570
God Emperor.

... What? If I'm going to do it I'm going to go all the way.
>>
>>53192578
But it gives you access to shittons of resources to build superweapons with, and also the power of sanctions and shit.
>>
>>53192570
World "That guy that claims rulership over all and shows up to solve problems, but most of the time just stays in one corner of the world doing nothing"
>>
File: Gipsy Avenger - Mark 6 Jaeger.jpg (64KB, 600x358px) Image search: [Google]
Gipsy Avenger - Mark 6 Jaeger.jpg
64KB, 600x358px
>>53192592
>>
File: Creation_Map_v7.1c.jpg (2MB, 3840x2303px) Image search: [Google]
Creation_Map_v7.1c.jpg
2MB, 3840x2303px
>>53192382
>How survivable is "The Mortal from Hell" Drawback? I have no idea what a Jette is, but he's got a berserker sword and some pretty good armor.
A jette is a sword breaker that's really useful for defensive fighting, Guanlet has this odd context thing where he writes and just thinks 'every knows that'. His armor is pretty fucking good, and the sword would be a nightmare for anyone who didn't have casual access to a shield or some other means of defensive tool.
>Is it reasonable for me to just kill the Sidereal from "Fuck me, Sidereal!"? Alternatively, is having a loving, stable relationship with her an option?
The latter is totally a thing from what I remember of Gaunlet speaking about it to others. The former might be a bit dangerous considering Ketchup is/maybe (Can't remember here) her grandfather.
>How much more dangerous is a Dragonblooded relative to peak human? I can't find any feats or anything,
Peak humans get like... fifteen dice on any particualr action, half of which would be an rounde (Down because Exalted Hates Mortals) seven success, where a Dragonblooded can that plus about three to five automatic successes, i think.
>And a follow up to that, Would "A Dragon's World" Counter "From Another Time and Land; Luna What Did You Do!?"? Can the world cope?
Personally I think the world ends up balancing out but a new invasion force is always bad for Creation.
>Also, how much of Creation is Wilderness?
Gaunlet sets up eveything so you're intentially closer to Realm (Seat of the Dragonblooded Illuminate and Magical America) that the wilderness but Creation is Huge, basically the map has more land on it that the map of the actual Earth IRL.
Most that is taken up by the the North, East, and South directions. Map is for you.
>>
>>53192592
Reminder that Del Toro was working on a Silent Hill game and Konami cucked him out of it after it was announced. It can still fall through because of bullshit.
>>
>>53192324
In their defence, it's in the Krogans' nature to do things like that.
That's why the Salarians uplifted them in the first place: they needed killing machines to fight killing machines.
The Salarians knew exactly what they where purchasing, and felt buyer's remorse in a big way.

It's weird, really.
If the Salarians were skilled enough at genetic modification to virtually sterilize an entire species, why couldn't they just lower libido and aggression levels instead?

It's almost like the Salarians /wanted/ to genocide them…
>>
>>53192595
What's Raven going to say when the Imperial Yoro Cult tries to make "The Brides of the Emperor"?
>>
File: prj.jpg (116KB, 784x503px) Image search: [Google]
prj.jpg
116KB, 784x503px
>>53192592
Del Toro is not directing, here are the new designs by the way
>>
File: 1418781257429.gif (107KB, 359x180px) Image search: [Google]
1418781257429.gif
107KB, 359x180px
>>53192570
I want to be Kami. You know, like from Dragon Ball? Stands on top of the world, claims to be its protector, doesn't do jack shit.

Wait, no. Better idea. What's the job that'd be just like that, but instead of saying I have responsibilities, I'm just kindof off to the side doing my own shit, like, without any responsibilities whatsoever?

Mr Popo. Yeah, that seems like the job for me.
>>
>>53192675
Sapient beings don't get to use their nature as a defense. They always have the choice to act on their instincts or not. Are you hitting people that piss you off? Are you killing strangers? Are you eating the dead? What about your human nature, anon?
>>
File: Crona 21.jpg (37KB, 420x556px) Image search: [Google]
Crona 21.jpg
37KB, 420x556px
>>53192696

Oh, so evil incarnate.
>>
File: Clayz_izumi_konata03.jpg (25KB, 397x288px) Image search: [Google]
Clayz_izumi_konata03.jpg
25KB, 397x288px
>>53192716
Well, I do call myself the Final Boss.
>>
>>53192614
>>53192695
…Hmmm.
Not sure if I like these new designs as much as the older ones.
Jaegers are cool because they're sort of aesthetically stripped down, relative to some of the more popular eastern mechas.
I like Jaegers because they're kind of gritty and almost realistic.

>>53192626
I'm nervous but hopeful. Del Toro does good work and everybody knows it, there's no reason for anyone to want this to fall through.
>>
>>53192713
Obviously the appropriate solution here is to accept that what the Krogans did was wrong and thus they deserved it, but by the same token, so do the Selerians, so they should also get a genocide. It's their fault anyway.
>>
File: bee8f00dbbbeeea7d6b3cae876e69d19.jpg (241KB, 827x1169px) Image search: [Google]
bee8f00dbbbeeea7d6b3cae876e69d19.jpg
241KB, 827x1169px
>>53192688
Probably put Rip Van Winkle in charge of them and give them the blessing of the Royal Consort. Rip's /way/ better at the whole bloodthirsty zealot act than Raven. Besides, "The Brides of the Emperor" don't actually love up the Emperor anyways.

If anything Raven would end up leading the Inquisitors. She loves fancy hats. Smiting planets full of demons would just be a perk.

Meanwhile the Four Amigos would become the Adeptus Custodes. If only because it would give them an excuse to shout orders in Latin at everyone.
>>
>>53192743
Unintended consequences aren't the same as direct actions and thus don't deserve the same punishment.
>>
>>53192695
Wow, it's gotten even more Eva.
>>
>>53192623
Reminder that the North is best direction.
>>
>>53192753
But the Selerians genocided the Krogans. If genocide is reason enough to answer with another genocide, then the Selerians deserve a genocide as well.
>>
>>53192774
Yeah, that was my first thought too. They've intentionally got EVA 01 and 02.
>>
File: Rock_wraith-01-profane-p.jpg (1003KB, 3956x1224px) Image search: [Google]
Rock_wraith-01-profane-p.jpg
1003KB, 3956x1224px
Hey /jc/, I'm going to do something stupid. I'm going to go to Dragon Age, find pic related, and possess one of them. Unfortunately, I don't happen to have any possession perks: any ideas on that front?
>>
>>53192695
Seeing this really makes me want to create Eva/Jaeger hybrids. Too bad the earliest I can start in Evangelion is 2006, after the first Evas have been built.
>>
>>53192789
The Salarians' genocide of the Krogans was justified. As was the Krogan's genocide of the Rachni. Yet the Krogan also attempted to genocide the other council races, which was not justified.
>>
>>53192800
Primordial Ghost from...Justice League Dark, I think.
>>
>>53192713
>Sapient beings don't get to use their nature as a defense.
>What about your human nature, anon?
And you don't see how these two sentences contradict each other?
Also.
>human nature
Krogans are not human. They're Krogans. A sapient prey species from a death world with high gravity and poor resources.
Their Bloodrage is their fault, due to it allowing them to survive their self-imposed nuclear winter, but beyond that they were acting within their Krogan nature.

Salarians were smart enough to modify Krogans to be calmer and more rational, but instead chose sterilization and passive genocide.
But maybe they were thinking more long-term, with less regard to individuals and caring more about the needs of the many. Maybe they figured that some day they'd need the Krogans to fight another war for them, and they'd take the chokechain off when the time came.

>>53192753
Krogans wouldn't have been a problem if the Salarians hadn't freed them from their homeworld.
Krogans were doomed to never escape it.
>>
>>53192107
>You are saying that in this Desert of Death there is no nothing of worth in the setting but the Tomb Kings?
Yes, exactly. I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>53192824
They don't contradict. I was using sarcasm. It is in your nature to respond to annoyance with violence, to kill strangers, and to engage in cannibalism. But you don't. Because you are sapient and make the choice not to. Krogans can make this same choice.

You are being disingenuous by whining about Krogan not being human. You are missing the point. It's not about them acting like humans, it's about them having free will. If they use their free will to engage in a genocide, then they are guilty of it. That their natural instincts are to kill and exterminate rivals is irrelevant. Humans have similar instincts, but they overcome and ignore them. Either Krogan have the free will to do the same, or they don't possess free will at all and are essentially robots, in which case culling them is entirely justified because it is impossible to reason with them.
>>
>>53192804
The first really shitty Evas. I mean yeah, their cores exist, but the biomechanical framework that the cores operate has yet to be perfected. I'm sure you could get a job upgrading them to full functionality.
>>
>>53192860
Not a part of this conversation, but you are full of bullshit if you think humans aren't driven mostly by their nature and instincts. Free will is bullshit and something only espoused by retarded philosophy majors who don't understand how the world really works.
>>
File: divine-1.jpg (102KB, 640x464px) Image search: [Google]
divine-1.jpg
102KB, 640x464px
Do you ever worship gods?
>>
Jump #5: Borderlands

Start Location: Tartarus Station (100CP)
Origin: Corporate Raider (100CP)

Perks
Salesman’s Spirit (Free)
Just A Humble Code Monkey (100CP)
Mechanical Master (200CP)
Don’t Do It For Free (200CP)
Your Face Will Remember That (200CP)

Items
ECHO Device (Free)
Bill-Paying Materials (Free, $5,000,000)
Loader Bot! (150CP)
Storage Deck (100CP)
Weird Glowy Rocks (50CP)

Drawbacks
Money Don’t Grow On Trees (+100CP)
This Ain’t No Vending Machine! (+100CP)

Funnily enough, I'm having my jumper go through Borderlands without actually being a Vault Hunter. Instead, she's a Hyperion company woman who'll use her leadership and fast-promotion perks from Infinite Warfare to rise to the top of the company in place of Handsome Jack and prevent the events of BL2 from happening. A simple money-and-resources jump.
>>
>>53192902
Heya Freud, how's life treating you?
>>
>>53192868
...that could work. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>53192902
Who let the edgy misanthropic teenager in?
>>
>>53192906
Gods don't worship gods.
>>
>>53192906
Sexually.
>>
File: 1357364860135.jpg (20KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1357364860135.jpg
20KB, 640x480px
>It's another "Wrex was cool so the Krogans dindu nuffin" episode
>>
>>53192860
>implying
There's no such thing as free will. The only reason humans don't act like Krogans is because it's not actually in 'human nature' to act like your stupid strawman, it's in 'human nature' to act like fucking humans do in reality, and in a Krogan's nature to act like a Krogan.
>>
>>53192906

Yes
>>
>>53192994
Either you're one edgy teenager that wants to pretend he has friends, or you're two edgy teenagers that need to log off and write shitty poetry for the Goth Poetry Slam coming up.

The argument over free will has become one of whether or not reality is deterministic. Not a matter of 'oh I'm a dumb animal that can't control my actions' like you kids want it to be so you don't have to feel guilty for fucking up your lives.
>>
>>53192860

It's the Salarian's fault because they made/uplifted them to be that way, and instead of changing their nature they decided to answer with genocide after the fact, which makes them worse than the Krogan and just as deserving of genocide because the sins of the child are the responsibility of the parent, and the parent reduced themselves to the same methods after the fact.
>>
>>53192994
>espousing psychology that's been disputed for over a century
Kay.
>>
>>53192906
Maybe. I don't know. Should I?
>>
>>53192994
And it's in Salarian nature to use underhanded tactics to retain control over unfavorable situations. So the Genophage was therefore completely fine.
>>
>>53193033
Krogan were already sapient. Salarians uplifted them socially, not biologically. So now you're debating the morality of whether or not it's okay to modify someone's mind so they'll behave.

>The sins of the child are the responsibility of the parent.
This is just as bad as the opposite. What the fuck is this Hammurabi-level bullshit?
>>
>>53192860
>sarcasm
Because that translates well on text, of course.
>It is in your nature to respond to annoyance with violence, to kill strangers, and to engage in cannibalism.
Oh hell, you're one of those HFY-fags, aren't you?
>free will
Not proven to be a thing. As far as any hard science can tell, it doesn't exist. For anybody knows, we really are robots made of meat. But I guess that's by the wayside.

Even assuming free will is a thing, instincts still have a powerful hold on humans.
They guide virtually every aspect of human behavior, even in the most advanced of our civilizations.
And in the Mass Effect universe our instincts are nowhere near as powerful as the Krogans'.

And you still haven't explained why you think genocide is preferable to toning down aggression and reproductive urges.
Humans will do crazy things to protect and provide for their children, too. Do we deserve death?
Also, the Salarian method of 'punishment' causes them to undergo what is, for all intents and purposes, an involuntary abortion 99.9% of the time.
They're literally punishing children for what their parents did.
If you pull that shit on any group of humans you're seen as an absolute monster, regardless of how terrible the actions of the parents are.

Do you just approve of killing babies, or what?

>>53192967
>He thinks the frogs are totally innocent.
>>
>>53193022
No. There is no such thing as free will. Reality will not bend over backwards for your hippy bullshit, the vast majority of your behavioral patterns are informed by your genes.

>>53193043
And it's in my nature to not care about the reasons why someone who isn't me commits genocide, so they die just like the Krogan, the deserve it just as much. Genocide is never an acceptable solution where other methods would suffice unless I'm using them.
>>
>>53193072
One edgy teenager it is then.
>>
>>53193072
Gonna need you to cite your sources, buddy.
>>
>>53193063
>Also, the Salarian method of 'punishment' causes them to undergo what is, for all intents and purposes, an involuntary abortion 99.9% of the time.
>They're literally punishing children for what their parents did.
Depends on when in the gestation cycle the pregnancy self-terminates. After all, we're arguing based on a monist concept of the universe, here, so there's no soul to begin at conception. So depending on if they've developed a nervous system by then, there might not be any children to punish.
>>
So about the nobody drawback of not being able to feel emotions.
If I were to say get the mental link via pokemon with my pokemon and then bring them along as a companion can I just feel their emotions so I'm not dead inside?
>>
>>53193072
Environmental factors are generally more important than genetic ones, actually.

>>53193087
They lay eggs, iirc. It's the equivalent of the unfertilized eggs a chicken lays and you eat. Just, you know, with sapient beings instead.

... Though is it immoral to eat a dead Krogan egg?
>>
File: Ammy.jpg (67KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ammy.jpg
67KB, 512x512px
>>53192906
Define 'worship'

>>53192967
Krogen are fucked, but the Salarians are either complete and utter morons, or they planned to use the Genophage before they even unleashed the Krogan on the Rachni.

>>53193033
>made/uplifted them to be that way,
Wat. Krogan were Sapient on their own, they nuked themselves back into the stone age, but they were Sapient.
Not like Humanity didn't come within inches of doing that ourselves.
>>
>>53193087
You're telling me that if you forced a human woman to have an abortion against her will and the will of father, it would be okay as long as it hadn't developed a nervous system yet?
>>
>>53193118
No. I'm just saying it wouldn't be punishing the children. It would be causing trauma to the parents, but the child is unharmed because it doesn't actually exist yet. You can't punish someone who doesn't exist.
>>
>>53193101
Probably not. Since it's a drawback, it'll probably kill those emotions as they enter you, just as if they were your own.
>>
Can we better talk about races who do deserve genocide? Apart from the johj
>>
File: 1310311257953.jpg (57KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1310311257953.jpg
57KB, 350x392px
>>53193063
>Point out that humans have violent natural instincts that befit them as aggressive and competitive apex predators.
>Portray these as a bad thing that we have thankfully overcome.
>Imply that other races should be able to do the same.
>Somehow this is HFY.
I'm not seeing it. If anything it's a criticism of humanity, or else it's equating humanity with everyone else. There's no human dominance narrative in this, unless you think humans somehow LACK these impulses, which is more special snowflake because that makes them different from all other predators in existence.

>This edgy teenage shit about free will.
Keep it to one post, please.

Humans instincts influence them, but you do overcome them. You're not their slave. Same again for the Krogan. And I'll repeat again, if you think they don't have free will as a species, then they needed to be genocided for everyone's safety. If you think free will doesn't exist at all, then the actions of the Salarians and everyone else are equal justified because nobody ever made a choice.

>Genocide is preferable to toning down aggression.
See >>53193061

Is genocide preferable to identity/personality death? That's another moral debate entirely.
>>
>>53193077
What is it with people in /jc/ and pretending like anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot/underaged? It just comes off as a transparent attempt to dodge the argument and dismiss anything that disputes your worldview.

>>53193085
Why the fuck do I need to cite MY sources? That free will exists at all is the basis of YOUR argument, the burden of proof is on YOU.
>>
>>53193135
Coordinators, in Gundam SEED. At least, they claim to be a separate species from the rest of humanity. And there's no doubt that they deserved to all die. Azrael was right.
>>
>>53193135
It doesn't matter what the races are, just kill all the men. Then let the wise and intelligent womyn rule in their place.
>>
File: Damn four eyes.jpg (121KB, 750x537px) Image search: [Google]
Damn four eyes.jpg
121KB, 750x537px
>>53193135
Batarians.

>>53193145
>What is it with people in /jc/ and pretending like anyone who disagrees with you is an idiot/underaged?
>/jc/
That's just the Internet bro.
>>
>>53193135
Heartless.
Like it actually saves people's lives to kill them and restores their original self.
>>
>>53193145
>Pretending
Post the exact same retarded opinions a minute or two apart, in the same whiny post style. It's a safe bet you're the same person.
>>
>>53193145
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You claim there's no free will? Prove it. Oh look you can't.

Glad to see you passed Psych 101, though. You'll find Psych 102 will blow your fucking mind next semester.
>>
>>53193145
>Why the fuck do I need to cite MY sources? That free will exists at all is the basis of YOUR argument, the burden of proof is on YOU.
No? You're the one waltzing in and screaming about how we all have no control over ourselves and an inability to make any choices. You link us a study to read.
>>
>>53193140
Humans didn't overcome jack shit though, because we still fucking act like we always have when we're deprived of our support network. The problem here is that you're ascribing humans behavioral characteristics which we never had, and the ones which mattered when we were primitives are still present.
>>
>>53193208
Sure anon, why, just yesterday? I bashed Ugg's head in for being black, ate his flesh to gain his strength, then took his woman for my own.
>>
>>53193145
If we're all compelled by instincts then why aren't you out hunting, then attempting to secure a mate by bludgeoning to death any potential rivals? Is it, perhaps, because you instead CHOSE to argue on a nerd board on the internet?
>>
>>53193192
>Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence
Then prove Free will exists. That's the extraordinary claim here. You might as well be asking me to prove a souls or god exists, it's an inherently nebulous concept that has no grounding in a materialistic universe.
>>
>>53193208
>we still fucking act like we always have when we're deprived of our support network
You are absolutely correct. When you engineer a specific situation in-which we are forced to rely on our old-instincts, we fall back on those instincts.

Good thing we have designed numerous safe-guards to try and prevent that from happening over the millennia.
>>
>>53193208
Lord of the Flies didn't actually happen, brospeh.
>>
>>53193242
You're the one making the claim. Too bad to see you failed Debate 101. Get that weak shit out of here.
>>
>>53193238
>>53193239
BECAUSE HUMANS NEVER ACTED LIKE THAT YOU STUPID FUCKS
YOU CAN'T JUST ASCRIBE CHARACTERISTICS WHICH WEREN'T PRESENT IN HUMANS TO SUIT YOUR ARGUMENT AND BROW BEAT ME TO ACCEPT IT
>>
>>53193101
If you're anything like other Nobodies, then being around someone with a heart will not only help you ape emotions better, but it'll start to make you feel real ones and speed up the regrowth of a new heart (which is a natural process for Nobodies as strong as the Organization, Xemnas lied to them and manipulated them when all they had to do was interact with people and wait to get a heart back.)
>>
>>53193279
Humans DID butcher other 'tribes', with most tribes being a family unit. And rape the women in the other tribe. They still do it to this day in some parts of the world.
>>
>>53193254
Not even all people. Some people are so far removed from those instincts that when they're placed in an extreme situation they don't actually fall back on instincts because they don't know what those instincts are. They usually have to have someone come save them or die. It's both cute and sad.
>>
>>53193208
random 2 cents: I've heard it said that " free will " is better described as " free won't " - because it usually involves you making a decision NOT to do something rather than just going with the default flow of your instincts / peers/ whatever. E.g. That whole "no, YOU move" captain america speech.
>>
>>53193279
>BECAUSE HUMANS NEVER ACTED LIKE THAT
We have several examples of rape and pillage from history to show that you're wrong.

Seriously, you're arguing that humans are special snowflakes that lack predator instincts despite being predators? You're a special kind of stupid.
>>
Can't we just say that genocide is wrong on all accounts?
>>
File: smiling grimacing kitty.jpg (17KB, 275x275px) Image search: [Google]
smiling grimacing kitty.jpg
17KB, 275x275px
It is an unfortunate announcement that the Yuki Yuuna Is A Hero Jump will not be getting a jumpable wip this week. Exams plus projects are kicking my poor hiney, making me cry and double down.

Good news is that I will be including a scenario where you get to stop the Vertex Invasion when it begins at the beginning of the Divine Era. I need to think of a suitable reward at this moment.

also thinking of adding a scenario for evil jumpers in Sailor Moon where Princess Serenity becomes Sailor Moon and you must stop her and end the Moon Kingdom
>>
File: cc0.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
cc0.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
Seriously, guys? You bit this?
>>
>>53193321
I got bored while I was trying to write up a build! But you are right. I'm sorry. orz.
>>
>>53193316
>that pic
>kill it with fire
>>
>>53193306
Really? That's kind of pathetic. So it's like some animals that are so domesticated they lose their ability to survive in the wild?
>>
>>53193279
You should see someone about your depression, self-loathing, and misanthropy.
>>
>>53193306
>>53193306
Fair point, though my main point was that you have to specifically engineer those circumstances, OR a person has to seek them out for themselves.

>>53193314
Except for Johj
And Chrysalids
And Dark Eldar
And Batarians
And Orks.

>>53193321
I just finished watching Danganrompa with a friend and am really bored now.
>>
>>53193279
Okay then, if that's not what you're implying then what DO you think "human nature" is?
>>
>>53193334
Almost exactly that actually. People fail to realize that when we Domesticated certain animals we domesticated ourselves to an extent, and that's just in one direction.
>>
>>53193334
Yeah prettymuch. Prettymuch exactly.
>>
>>53193345
>Orks
>literally best race
Fite me
>>
>>53193299
The thing is though, we in modern society don't do that because of some 'overcoming/resisting of our instincts', we did it because we have abundant resources to support ourselves without worry of competition and have lived in such an environment from young ages. It's basically the equivalent of what we did to the animals that we farm for meat, they never know of a life where they have to struggle to survive or think about killing other lifeforms to sustain themselves.
>>
>>53193314
Heartless.
>>
>>53193374
Justice has had...bad experiences with Orks.

Tiger actually likes them.
>>
>>53193345
>And Dark Eldar
>And Batarians
No.
>>
>>53193378
Yes anon, I'm sure you will default to murder the moment your power goes out.

You're that retard that's going to go around and try murdering people and then get shot by everyone else whose organized into the equivalent of a post-apoc tribe for being a retard with no self-control because muh instincts. But I guess they didn't choose to have patience in defiance of their instincts.
>>
File: IMG_1015.jpg (319KB, 850x1141px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1015.jpg
319KB, 850x1141px
Hey /JC/ I'm looking for good waifus. I need the following roles. For the record I'm going for a monk/magician/thief build so more like a Magical Ninja.

A) Tank - Someone who's good with a shield or is super tough. I'm thinking of Phyrra from RWBY or Haru from P5. If there's any other suggestions I'd like to hear them.

B.) Mage - Someone who's already adapt at magic. I'm at a total lost here so if y'all can help out, it be wonderful.

C.) A Bard - Every team needs music. Again I'm at a total loss at who's a good musical waifu.

I prefer canon over OC but if there's nothing canon, then OC would be fine. Mostly because I can't really flesh out OC too much.
>>
>>53191200
So whichin' are you? Cliff or Tabula?
>>
File: 1349945693579.png (120KB, 1982x940px) Image search: [Google]
1349945693579.png
120KB, 1982x940px
>Can't argue that Krogans dindu nuffin well enough to convince people.
>Start shouting like the village idiot about how free will doesn't exist and expect anyone to listen to you.
>>
>>53193413
>Mage
Aqua KHBBS
>>
>>53193436
I didn't know it was possible to have such shit taste.
>>
File: 083b5402c9f9c108911da820765a8517.png (892KB, 815x1561px) Image search: [Google]
083b5402c9f9c108911da820765a8517.png
892KB, 815x1561px
>>53193413
What kind of personalities are you looking for? That's important information.
>>
>>53193413
>Tank
Might I suggest a Kryptonian such as Super Girl or Power Girl?

>Mage
Raven, Juvia, Erza, any number of WoW Dragons(they can also fill Tank role)

>Bard
Basically anyone from Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>53193345
>Batarians
Nothing wrong with batarians that isn't cultural.
>>
>>53193406
Well now I can't stop picturing him as this guy: https://youtu.be/Nn3PQJ9PHLY
>>
>>53193131
So you approve of killing babies. As long as there's no nervous system.

>>53193140
Show me where humans have overcome our more violent instincts. I've yet to see it. It's like you've never heard of muslim extremists or cartels. Or African warlords. Or even good old fashioned barroom brawls and parking lot fights. Or domestic abuse. Or murder. Or rape. Or school shootings. Or any of the other countless horrible things people do to each other on a daily basis.

>Keep it to one post, please.
You know there's more than one person talking to you, right? That was the first time I mentioned it.

>If they have free will they should have used it to not protect their children and secure their future.
>If they don't have free will they deserve to die.
>If free will doesn't exist they deserve to die.

>I'd rather my whole race be sterilized than made a little calmer.
Okay man.

You've yet to acknowledge any fault on the Salarians for freeing a death world species from their homeworld, and then genociding them because they couldn't get the genie back in the bottle.
Salarians could have /chosen/ to not uplift the Krogans. They could have /chosen/ to not sterilize them.
In order to adapt to the sterilization, the Krogans would have had to become calmer anyway. How is it any different, if you know the science well enough?
Because they clearly do. And yet they chose the option that increases the likelyhood of Krogans dying out and lashing out violently in the deathspasm of their species.
Most of them had given up on actually trying to be productive or peaceful and went into violent mercenary work because they figured there was no future for their race.
Almost every Krogan mercenary you wipe out in the games was someone who had given up all hope. There was nothing left for them but what they saw as a good death.
Thanks a lot, Salarians.

>>53193314
I think so, but some anons seem to think that's the only solution.
>>
>>53193425
Nobody said the Krogan were innocent though. The Salarians deserve to be genocided just as much as the Krogans do, and basically every race in that universe deserves to be wiped out for some reason or another, mostly for committing genocide themselves or allowing it to happen.
>>
>>53193378
It's not even that we don't act on them, it's just that we've created different ways to act on them. Like, I should think it's pretty obvious that humans still feel urges to acquire resources, compete with our tribesmen, fear the outsider, etc. And we still express those urges, just not (most of the time) violently. We pursue wealth, we jockey for status, we shun foreigners. Human culture manages and redirects our instincts, but it will never actually suppress them.
>>
>>53192906
>asking that question here
>with all these arrogant dicks
>>
>>53193470
...If there's no nervous system then they don't have a brain. If they don't have a brain then they're literally just a mass of flesh.
>>
>>53193468
Imagine that guy with 100 more pounds, a neckbeard, and twenty years younger and you have our friend >>53193470 pretty much.
>>
>>53193314
Genocide gets my Jumper Boner running.
>>
>>53193013
You can't leave us hanging Anon, who do you worship?
>>
>>53193470
A fetus isn't a baby, you dumb fuck.
>>
File: 1262502291959.png (52KB, 261x171px) Image search: [Google]
1262502291959.png
52KB, 261x171px
>>53192906
I would say at minimum, I maintain a healthy respect for gods. I don't know if a fervent respect for them would count as outright worship. Maybe it does. At the least there's belief.
>>
>>53193470
>So you approve of killing babies.
>He thinks embryos have rights.
People are taking you seriously?
>>
>>53193470
>So you approve of killing babies. As long as there's no nervous system.
Yes. Was I not clear on that? Sorry, let me elaborate. In a monist system, there is no person absent a functioning brain. Mind is an emergent property of the arrangement of matter. If the matter is not arranged properly, there is no mind, and thus, no person. A baby without a nervous system is just a set of organs. One that looks disturbingly like a person, but one that I ultimately have no more moral obligation to than I do a liver awaiting transplantation. Actually, I might have more obligation to that liver, there's a person waiting on it to save their life.
>>
File: 1366852252457.png (134KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1366852252457.png
134KB, 300x300px
>>53193470
>It's like you've never heard of muslim extremists or cartels. Or African warlords
I wasn't aware that every single one of us was an Extremist African Muslim Cartel Warlord.

It seems like we'd have better things to do than argue about shonen fanfiction if it were true.
>>
>>53193470
>So you approve of killing babies. As long as there's no nervous system.
Yes. I also approve of killing plants. I'm a monster like that, see.
>>
>>53193517
>You can't leave us hanging Anon, who do you worship?

I never stopped being a faithful Christian
>>
>>53193523
>fervent respect
But why tho?
>>
>>53193570
because she's a loser.
>>
>>53193470
You've made such a fool of yourself that nobody even wants to argue your original position anymore.
>>
File: 1485377460609.gif (977KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1485377460609.gif
977KB, 500x281px
>>53191193
Jump 44: Hero BBS
Origin: Retired Hero [900]
Class: Magician
Perks:
Exchange BBS
Gone Fishing
Notice Me, Senpai! [1100]
Immortality [900]
Sage of the Forest [600]

Items:
Magical Index [500]
Divine Charm [100]
Magical Map [0]

Companions:

Party Call!
Lucas
Class: Rogue

Bastion
Class: Warrior

Hope

Azuka

Blue

Drawbacks:
Senior Citizen
Go to Jail [1000]
The Ride Never Ends [1200]

Once, there was a hero. A hero summoned to another world to defeat a powerful and evil Demon Lord. He journeyed far and wide, gaining allies and enemies along the road. Then, finally, at the end of his journey he slew the Demon Lord. His quest was completed and he could finally go home.

That is where the trouble began, and the hero suddenly became someone else. He was still there, mind, body, and soul…but inhabited by the spirit and mind of a much older traveler. He had become…

>Destroyer of Worlds, Decade! What is reflected in his eyes as he looks into the infinite worlds…?

He had no time to simply relax and enjoy his newfound immortality, even after 30 years of nonstop war and conflict just before, or the Demon Lord his newest incarnation had defeated. He was summoned to a world in peril. Was it a new jump, or just a new land? Could he tell the difference?

Battles had become routine. Slain men and monsters were checkmarks, and unremarkable. He had abstained from killing as much as possible in the last world. Now, in worlds of chaos and fantasy, he couldn't afford to be lenient towards those actively trying to kill him and others. It had become routine. Hundreds of years had added up. So what were two-hundred more?
>>
>>53193560
Wait, you're not? I just finished putting an 8 year old's head on a spike, because he didn't buy my cocaine.
>>
>>53193523
>tfw a forgotten gods only company is a stacked dimensional travelling demoness
>>
File: 1482798481424.gif (998KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
1482798481424.gif
998KB, 500x249px
>>53193598
It became apparent that Decade was immortal, unaging, while his companions were not. Eventually, all but the dragon with eyes of blue and his faithful Roidmude had to be placed into stasis until this was resolved. Of course, he'd meet old foes. Perhaps as a small mercy, Hyde was nowhere to be seen. It did nothing to ease his nightmares.

Eventually, Decade became aware of the BBS, almost entirely on accident. Several threads were dedicated to this weird 'lurker hero' who kept going on journey after journey and never refused any contract. He pondered replying before he noticed something strangely ominous. A little icon in the BBS no one else noticed.

An icon of a little cartoon potato.
>>
>>53193452
Someone who's tough, self reliant, not tsundere or yandere. Ok with killing but not ok with mass murder. Someone who'll listen & speak her mind, but doesn't question when the leader (me) decides.

I think Nico Robin would be good Mage, she's a very studious person. Only problem is she's really attached to the Straw Hats.
>>
>>53193570
The same reason you respect a hurricane.

Even if you hate it for breaking all of your stuff, you're still going to appreciate the power it's throwing around.
>>
>>53193511
What are you getting at?
I argued in defense of a species that should have just been left alone, and now I'm a psychopath who wants to kill his neighbors, or whatever that guy was blabbing about?

>>53193495
>>53193521
>>53193526
>>53193550
>>53193564
…There was an implied 'against the will of the parents'.

>>53193560
>cherry picking
Okay man.
What an easy, lily white life you must have lived to never fall victim to another person with evil intentions. Or even to know someone, or hear about it. I envy you.

>>53193583
It's okay. I'm anonymous, I'll just come back later.
There's too many people who are okay with annihilating entire races on here tonight.
>>
File: IMG_2z13d2.jpg (43KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2z13d2.jpg
43KB, 640x640px
>>53193609
Ancap jump when?
>>
>>53192906
I find it's a good rule of thumb not to worship anyone from the same metaphysical origin as a guy I've had a divine recreation of a hangover with. Sanguine is best Daedric Prince, obviously.

>>53193560
>I wasn't aware that every single one of us was an Extremist African Muslim Cartel Warlord.
You must not have gotten the note. We're now all legally required to commit at least 2 akbars per week and smuggle a kilo of coke over the Wall.
>>
File: panic-1.gif (538KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
panic-1.gif
538KB, 400x300px
>>53193560
Personally I find that I'm never more creative than after waking up on my bed of venomous hallucinatory snakes and cocaine. You see they all come together to form a JESUS MY ASS IS ON FIRE. EVERYTHING'S BURNING AND THE SUN IS GOD. IT'S GOD HE'S TELLING ME TO GO TO INDIA. AAAAHHH. AAAAHHH. AAAAAAHHHHH!!
>>
>>53193620
>not yandere
I respect your right to have a different opinion from my own. Even when it's wrong.
>>
>>53193609
Never even been to Africa, I'm afraid. I keep my business strictly local.
>>
>>53193637
Hey cracker jack! how goes things?
>>
Re-asking a question here - my wife has the following Custom Tomb in Warhams Fanta-Sea Tomb Kings, and now between Hydra plans and other things I want to find various lands, properties, and such to either attach to it or merge with said Tomb.

> Tomb (+200 CP-to-TP = 1,200 TP)
>-Tomb Customization: Make It Bigger (600); Tomb Kingdom (500); Extra Rooms x2 (100)

>>53187128

Sorry about the lack of response there, was at work.

Sweet, gonna look into that. Thanks for the serious response, anon! That makes that and Innistrad two jumps to look in on.
>>
>>53193630
>…There was an implied 'against the will of the parents'.
There was? I'm sorry, I didn't catch it. Well, I already addressed that in my initial response to your accusations. I recognize that it would be horribly traumatic to the parents, and not a nice thing to do at all. I'm just disputing that it hurts the child, because the child does not yet have the capacity to be hurt.
>>
>>53193630
>cherry picking
>Picks the worst humanity has to offer, when they are a major minority, to prove his point
>Anon says most people aren't that
>Says anon is cherry picking

Do you know what chery picking is? Honest question.
>>
>>53193661
I'm fond of the properties from Fall From Heaven. Lots of cool things to be found there. Why not place that tomb on top of a magic volcano? Everyone likes magic volcanoes.
>>
File: 1303267947169.jpg (33KB, 299x301px) Image search: [Google]
1303267947169.jpg
33KB, 299x301px
>>53193630
>There's too many people who are okay with annihilating entire races on here tonight.
But anon, they never had any free will. They didn't choose to be okay with genocide, the will of the universe was that it would be so. They would have always been okay with genocide.

In fact, I wonder why you even bothered to argue at all. If there's no such thing as free will, then it's impossible for you to ever change their mind because that requires them to make a choice. But I guess you didn't have a choice on whether to argue or not, did you?
>>
>>53193618
Decade became curious and clicked on the icon. A different board opened up, though there were no names or locations attached. There was, however, an alarming trend behind the messages he noticed after a while.

>"Hey, what's the best planet to use for Philosopher's Stones?"
>"Help my Starter broke and I don't know how to fix it. Should I use a wrench?"
>"Evil Princess wants my dick what do"
>"Angel waifus > demon shits"
>"Can ninjas catch me if I'm on fire?"
>"My tentacles need to be fashionable, damn it! Plus they're handy around the kitchen."

Strange threads of adventurers and creatures beyond his wildest dreams. Eldritch beings changed by the ravages of eternity. Hot-blooded fools chasing ideals and romance. Angels and demons made of glass and souls. What alarmed him most, however, were the words being thrown around. Words he recognized. Jumper. Benefactor. Perks.

He closed the window, hastily, without making a single post. Some things were better left unknown. He had enough trouble sleeping at night. Fortune favoring him, he hoped he would never encounter any of these beings.

Sure enough, he never would. So he made a potato casserole instead.
>>
>>53193683
Fucking Fatalists right?
>>
File: IMG_1006.jpg (76KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
76KB, 750x1000px
>>53193455
>Kryptonians

That could work. However I don't see them ok with killing.

>Raven

Too emo.

>Juvia, Erza

Could work

>WoW Dragons

I'd love to see OAA's WoW 2.0, the Sea Witch waifu is up my alley. However I don't feel like waiting. I don't remember his progress so far, so don't wanna rush him.

>LOTR

There's no good waifus there.
>>
>>53193470
>Salarians could have /chosen/ to not uplift the Krogans. They could have /chosen/ to not sterilize them.
But free will doesn't exist.
>>
>>53193560
>/jc/ - Extremist African Muslim Cartel Warlords
>>
>>53193660
School's out, so I've fallen fully into hedonism. I woke up at 11 this morning and had PB&J waffles for lunch, then spent the rest of the day playing Overwatch. It was great.

...Unfortunately that does mean I have shit to show for progress on Marvel Magic, but I'm in the home stretch at this point, anyway. I have some stuff planned this weekend, but there should be a jumpable WIP some time next week.
>>
File: IMG_1014.jpg (200KB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1014.jpg
200KB, 1024x1536px
>>53193642
I don't wanna wake up & see my waifu companions fighting over who gets to serve me breakfast first. Or threatening any other female I might talk to. I don't want a Chi-Chi from DBZ.
>>
>>53193681
Shoot, those could work. Un... fortunately I already jumped those.

got the Pyre of the Seraphic, Tomb of Sucellus, and Yggdrasil.
>>
>>53193701
The funniest thing about people who don't believe in free will is that they always, always behave like it exists. They type and talk like it exists. They argue like it exists. That's what makes it so obviously they're just edgy, depressed man children. It's just an excuse they tell themselves.
>>
>>53193743
Well, that works perfectly, then. Put the Pyre on top of the pyramid like a big flaming capstone, and work the Tomb of Sucellus into the structure itself to make it a twin tomb. Meanwhile, Yggdrasil just kind of sits there.
>>
>>53193351
Human nature is complicated and multifaceted, but from my perspective it can basically all be summed up as 'to survive in the long term even if it cripples you in the short term, on an individual and communal level.'

Cut off the arm to keep the body alive. Kill the enemy even if it kills you, because it's one less threat to the family unit and its flesh will feed them as well. Humans are willing to take losses and make sacrifices for themselves and each other, which is where they differ from other animals, which usually don't take on anything which might reasonably fight back.

This is still present in our cultural identity the world over, and many of our social mores are just echos of a more primitive human mentality adapted for a life of modern convenience and safety. If we were born in a wartorn country, we'd be for more willing to take up arms to fight and kill for a better future, to bloody our own hands to do what's necessary.

Humans wouldn't be reduced to anything but what they've been made from their circumstances, but all humans naturally care more about the continuation of their linage socially than genetically. Even if we die, we feel like we've past on our legacy if we've protected our culture.

If the Krogan had been uplifted into a society which was more generally peaceful and safe, one where they didn't have as many children, one of more general abundance where they didn't have to expand so aggressively to maintain a good quality of living, would they have been nearly as much of a problem? Or should the social engineering just been given more time to bake before advancing them into the space stage?
>>
>>53193741
Chi-Chi is not Yandere. Not even a 'lite' yandere. She's more 'nagging housewife, who loves her children' than Yandere.
>>
>>53193702
RVen isn't emo, she's just generally depressed because she's a demonic rape baby who's fated to summon super Satan. And if she feels emotions too strinly, she loses control of her powers. Help her with that and she'll perk up.
>>
>>53193765
>to survive in the long term even if it cripples you in the short term
Explain modern business models, which are all about short-term gains, even if it fucks them long-term

Particularly the Video Game Industry.
>>
>>53193568
Is God your benefactor?
>>
File: 1268460775070.jpg (125KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1268460775070.jpg
125KB, 848x1200px
>>53193611
...I WANT TO WRITEFAG THIS NOW. Damn it! But I'm too busy with writefagging Doom 2016!
>>
>>53193767
I wonder if teaching her occlumency would help. If not, well, there are always toggles that can be shared.
>>
>>53192435
I'm actually on a bit of a Muppet Treasure Island kick right now, having just rediscovered the soundtrack, which, like every other Muppet soundtrack, is catchy as hell.
>>
>>53193611
What god?
>>
File: 933e59d9bd2637fd0669241ed5acc06a.jpg (393KB, 1366x664px) Image search: [Google]
933e59d9bd2637fd0669241ed5acc06a.jpg
393KB, 1366x664px
>>53193620
Tank - Effie from Fire Emblem Heroes. Just keep your larder stocked. That lady can EAT! You might prefer Gwendolyn from that same Jump. She's stocked with way more Determination than Effie, but isn't as cute.

Mage - This one is hard, because there's a lot of good choices. Personally I'd grab Ritz Malheur from Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced if I wasn't going to pick a standard candidate like Raven or Jinx from Teen Titans. She's got some pretty nutty magical stats /and/ she comes with access to Viera racial classes instead of Human ones. Which makes her a far more versatile mage. Not as powerful, but versatility is the hallmark of a great Mage.

Bard - Cadence from Crypt of the Necrodancer. Yeah, I know it's a shill, but unless you want my standard answer of Marceline Who, honestly, would be far too augmentative for you., the Cadence is my suggestion.

Sorry for the slow reply.
>>
>>53193796
The Forgotten God.
From Overlord(the vidya)

At least that's what I assume. Because of his name, and the fact I love Overlord.
>>
>>53193625
Whatever you say, fampai. But something about that really activates my almonds.
>>
>>53193754
I don't believe in free will, but I wouldn't say it's true that I'm using it as some excuse for being edgy and maladjusted. I just don't see it as a meaningful issue. I might be a deterministic system, but I'm a deterministic system that's acting on the results of every other deterministic system in the universe. I am the heir to fourteen billion years of interactions, all leading to me (and everyone else, I'm not actual special in this regard). Functionally, there's too much data involved to make predictions about my decisions be more than broad generalizations. That ambiguity still leaves plenty of room for unexpected emergent behavior. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if I was always going to do that or not, it's still fresh and exciting to me.
>>
>>53193737
Next edition.
>>
>>53193828
But if you activate your almonds too hard you make cyanide
>>
>>53193774
Because those business models will work out in the long term for the people making those decisions; namely those shareholders who will make a huge profit with which to support their families and their own ventures into the future indefinitely, or the CEOs who can fill their pockets while laying off hundreds of employees. Human nature is to care more about the people you know than they people you need.
>>
>>53193661
Shizo, Death's Storehouse, from Kamigawa.

Surround your giant Egyptian pyramid with not!Egypt city and not!Egyptian undead warriors...

With a swamp full of ZOMBIE SAMURAI.
>>
>>53193765
>all humans naturally care more about the continuation of their linage socially than genetically
I don't.
>>
File: 1481614355804.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481614355804.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>53193699
As for Decade, he became less and less concerned with physical combat and became enamored with the arcane. Previously, magic was just another tool in his hands, a way to circumvent problems with easier solutions. In a way, it felt like 'cheating'. But now he had discovered more and more common links between him and other worlds. The Ancient One told him a long time ago the multiverse would always be bigger than a single inter-dimensional traveler. He took her words to heart.

That's why he began to study magic. To surpass the limitations he was working under. To unravel the mystery of why the worlds reacted so violently to his presence. Possibly even the origins of his guiding star, the one who had sent him on this journey to begin with.

Home felt so far away, the road ahead so much longer. But every door that closes opens up a new one. And he decides that time will be spent understanding the ebb and flow of magic and the power it yields.

>"Soooo…Anon. How're you feeling?"
I'll live. Had to go without a lot of the gang, though.
>"I saw. You did a pretty good job with it. Though, you're sure picking up a lot of female companions…you sure you're not a playboy?"
Oh, yeah, a gigantic reptile, a bat-robot, and a policegirl who is singlemindedly devoted to beating me in any kind of competition ever. I'm a regular harem protagonist, yeah.
>"I'm just kidding, geez. I'm not in any position to question, anyways. I've done…things, in my solitude.
I briefly ponder what the 'wild college experimental phase' looked like for a cosmic lady like Yuki. I nearly choke on the water I'm drinking.
>"…lewd."
You're the one putting the mental images in my head!
>>
File: jc15.jpg (62KB, 600x265px) Image search: [Google]
jc15.jpg
62KB, 600x265px
>>53193560
Well I personally am an Extremist Chinese Daoist Triad Ringleader, which is like those but with more ties to organised government, so-I try to keep an open mind.

>>53191255
I didn't even chew come back when I was merely mortal, anon.

>>53191288
What, you mean...go out of my way?

Pretty sure I own a few beauty centers and keep them on par with what I consider an acceptable standard of technology (i.e. somewhere between a CERN researcher's wet dreams and whatever black magic keeps Willy Wonka's chocolate factory running on the suffering of hungry children)

>>53192570
Kingmaker. Give a child a shiny sword hidden in a stone at 8 and he's mine for life.

If I HAVE to rule though, I prefer Tyrant. Because I might as well be honest about being the literal Law in town.

>>53192906
I treat it more as a friendly telephone call/the spiritual equivalent of demanding to see the manager than actual reverance depending on how much I like the deity on the other end, but yes.

>>53193701
>>53193754
Arguments over the distinction always seemed pointless to me. Either we have free will or we don't, and if we do that's great and if we don't then there's no point crying about it.
>>
File: Brave Beat.jpg (42KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Brave Beat.jpg
42KB, 600x338px
>>53193926
>>Are you sure you're not a playboy?
>Now Playing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4Xqj7pEfQw
>>
>>53193928
The problem is that the anon thought that he could declare free will doesn't exist and use it to win the argument over whether Krogans deserved genocide or not.

What makes it funny is that his last post in the argument actually claimed that Salarians having free will is why their actions are just as bad as the Krogans'. The self-contradiction is so basic it's hilarious.
>>
>>53193928
I have no problems with the Fatalism in and of itself. My problem is how people use it as an excuse to be cunts, because 'muh fate' 'my lack of free will'
>>
File: 1482644934633.jpg (687KB, 1429x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1482644934633.jpg
687KB, 1429x1022px
>>53192570
I just put a loyal AI in place to do that stuff for me, since I tend to be somewhat distractible.
>>53193634
When you pay for it.
>>
>>53193754
I just think you're an idiot if you think people's actions aren't primarily motivated by their instincts.

Tabula Rasa is bullshit, people are born with a template that they grow into depending on the environment they live in until they reach their 30s, at which point their biology starts breaking down and people become incapable of learning.

'Free Will' as you mean it is most of the time perfectly inline with human nature.

Yeah, you process information that you observe with your senses to come to a conclusion and make a decision, big wop, 9/10 there's not any real stakes to your decision, and you just do whatever's most convenient.

The vast majority of all choices are trivial to your health and well being. If you have to make a choice where lives are on the line, you still will make the same decision as most of the human race would in your position, because we instinctually value things like the many over the few in the Trolley Problem for instance.
>>
File: 8aIU6qH.gif (387KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
8aIU6qH.gif
387KB, 269x270px
Arggh! Who would've thought that Tomb Kings would be such a CP vampire?!

Do we have anything that functions similarly to The Gods Are Not Gone Yet?
>>
>>53193778
>Is God your benefactor?

No, Jumpchan is but she made a deal with him. Of course he knows how this is going to play out but he wants my jumper to enjoy the journey and gives Jumpchan permission to take my jumper but he must also never forget the path he's on and where he came from. Basically God gave my jumper to JC so that my jumper can get training and experience for what will happen after the chain when the real problems begin
>>
>>53193991
It's kind of ironic, considering the Tomb Kings fucking hate the local vampires.
>>
>>53193928
>I didn't even chew come
Freudian slip
>>
>>53193991
Tell me that when you spend almost all of your points on a Tomb like I did.
>>
>>53193928
>Worshiping beings several orders of magnitude beneath you
>>
>>53193987
>until they reach their 30s, at which point their biology starts breaking down and people become incapable of learning.
...That sounds COMPLETELY scientific.
>>
>>53194000
>when the real problems begin
Well that's ominous. I mean, there's some pretty nasty enemies and drawbacks in the chain. What the hell's so dangerous that God's using the chain as a training montage and the spark as a power boost?
>>
>>53194018
What makes you think I didn't?
>>
>>53193987
If I didn't respond to your first reply, I'm not interested in your second one either.
>>
So, uh, OAA. What's gonna happen in 10 days?
>>
File: clown box.jpg (14KB, 500x256px) Image search: [Google]
clown box.jpg
14KB, 500x256px
>>53192906
I think it's polite to give a little bit of lip service now and then to the people who help run/create/maintain the setting, even if I too am a god. I'm just a uninvited guest, after all. although if I choose to give lip service depends entirely on the gods running the place and how well they're doing it.

And of course, doing what I can not to piss them off unless I feel I can fight them.

Pic not related.
>>
>>53194041
Fair enough.

My Glorious Golden Gargantuan (gaudy) Gliding Grave is still the best.
>>
>>53194000
>when the real problems begin
Are that guy that talked about the preacher who believed that God was building an army of damned souls to fight something beyond time and space?
>>
>>53194033
I bet anon's going to say he's Michael in human form and he needs that strength to fight the Satan long enough for Jesus to pop up.
>>
>>53194029
It's an exaggeration, but it's actually partially true; once you hit 30~, your brain slows down to a crawl on building new neuron connections, and your reaction speed goes to complete shit. It's why the are not really any professional gamers older than their twenties, because after that period of their life they just can't do it anymore.
>>
>>53194056
I have no fucking idea, anon.
>>
>>53193928
>I didn't even chew come
Just slurped it down in one shot, right? Hard to get past that flavor?
>>
>>53194033
>Well that's ominous. I mean, there's some pretty nasty enemies and drawbacks in the chain. What the hell's so dangerous that God's using the chain as a training montage and the spark as a power boost?

See >>53194066

>>53194066
>Are that guy that talked about the preacher who believed that God was building an army of damned souls to fight something beyond time and space?

Not him but that is what I based my chain on

>>53194067
>I bet anon's going to say he's Michael in human form and he needs that strength to fight the Satan long enough for Jesus to pop up.

No
>>
>>53194056
The Great and Glorious OAA, praise be upon him, will lead us in a great revolution of /jc/! Starting with the WoW update?
>>
>>53194050
>If I didn't respond to your first reply, I'm not interested in your second one either.
Why do you think I care if you respond? My opinion has intrinsic value. Yours doesn't.
>>
>>53194090
Bitch, you do not want me leading ANYTHING.

My organizational skills are the worst.
>>
>>53194071
It's probably because anyone who is thirty years old was born in a time when the height of videogaming was Super Mario and spend their childhood playing NES RPGs.
>>
File: z445y57u678.png (45KB, 178x159px) Image search: [Google]
z445y57u678.png
45KB, 178x159px
>>53194092
>Argues for a deterministic universe
>Thinks anything has intrinsic value at all
Armchair philosophers, everybody.
>>
>>53194056
He's gonna BTFO Red from the thread and IRC.
OAA is the hero /jc/ deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll shitpost about him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a content-making guardian. A watchful protector. A One-Armed Anon.
>>
File: Woolie Uchiha.gif (1MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Woolie Uchiha.gif
1MB, 320x180px
>>53194101
WHEN'S MARBLES
>>
>>53194033
>>53194066
Huh. Now I have a mental image of a Jumper leading an army of fictional heroes and villains against a legion of cosmic horrors.
>>
>>53194090
Hmm... OAA: One-Armed Anon, or One Above All?
>>
>>53194140
Shoot, there was supposed to be a reply to this >>53194088, not my own post.
>>
>>53194033
Well at least he didn't end up in the same boat as My Balls protagonist. Having a demon sealed in your right nut doesn't look fun at all.
>>
>>53194155
Did he have an angel sealed in his left nut?
>>
>>53194142
D E E P E S T
R
O
L
>>
>>53194137
*Insert Obligatory 'H-HE'S FAST' Joke Here*
>>
>>53194171
No but an angel did do the sealing.
>>
>>53194137
When they change Chris Redfield's model.

OR GIVE US LEON.
>>
There's no point to anything.
Life is pointless.
Even if there's a god or anything else that gives meaning it has no point to exist.
There's no logical reason to live or to not live.
There's no logical reason to kill or not kill.
There's no logical reason to do anything.
Merrily, merrily, merrily life is but a dream.
>>
>>53192906
Actually yes for most dark gods that will accept a more mercenary form of worship. I hate leading irl and i'm pretty content to serve a deity that aligns with my principles a few years advancing their goals:conquering nations, corrupting goverments smiting some heroes etc.

>>53191288
Many times for many different reasons.
>>
>>53194133
I've literally only argued that human decision making is primarily or at least partially informed by their inborn genetics and instincts. There was no part of this argument about a deterministic universe or Fatalism, which you brought up to strawman me.
>>
>>53188187

>How did the Cultist Gal survive?
>>>I Whas Increeedibly Lucky!
>Oh almighty why.

Origin: Drop-In

Perks: 450
Pilot (Free)
Navigator (150)
Viator of Nullspace (300)

Stuff: 800
Multifunction Data Slate (Free)
STC Printer (800)
Kill Team - Zerakule, Flare... Amelia!?! How did you sneak out of Jumpchan's House!?! (Free)

Drawbacks: +250
Text to Speech (+0)
Dark Millenium (+150)
Machine Spirits (+100)

Zerakule: Pilot, Blank.

Flare: Pilot, Unsanctioned Psyker - Divination and Pyromancy.

Amelia: Pilot, Blank. And you're going to enjoy that tiny amount of protection missy!

>Whatever you do sweety, don't listen to THAT girl.
>>>Who daddy?
>>>Here Hwee Are~
>>IF YOU TOUCH HER WE WILL MURDER YOU.
>>If you so much as talk to our daughter, I will tear out your soul and torture you for all of eternity.
>>>Hwee can taaake ah hent.
>>>You're weird.
>That she is, that she is. I'm going to teleport her someplace, probably to some Daemon Primarch.
>>>Nhooo! Whaaait! *Cultist Chan Poofs Away*
>>Finally, she's gone.
>>>Mommy, what was wrong with her?
>>She wants to corrupt you and use you for her own benefits.
>>>Oh... What's "Corruption" mean?
>This'll take a while.

>Meanwhile.

>Magnus, currently in the Imperial Library: Hmmm... What is this strange war disturbance I just felt?
>*Spontanious Warp Explostion*
>Cultist Chan: GAAAASP! MAGNUS THE RED! I am Suuuuch a faaaan!
>Magnus: I think I just found out. KITTEN! I NEED YOU TO GET IN HERE AND KILL SOMEONE FOR ME!
>Cultist Chan: Nuuuuu! Hwee are frends yes!?! Nuuuu Kell mahhhh!
>Kitten: What are you yelling abou- OH MY EMPEROR WHAT IN THE WARP IS THAT!?!
>Magnus: That is Cultist Chan, the plaything of the Chaos Gods. We have to kill it before she meets father- Where did she go!?!

>Meanwhile, in the throne room.

>Hiiiiii there!
>WHAT IN ALL THAT IS GOOD ARE YOU?
>Aaaaahm Cultist Chan. Are yuuuuu tha Corpse Emperor?
>NO, I AM THE TOOTH FAIRY.
>Aww. I Hhanted to met heem.
>>
>>53194217
So enjoy the shit out of life as there isn't a reason not to. Pure logic doesn't really do anything as it doesn't have any goals.
>>
File: KonoJoJo.jpg (998KB, 1150x1000px) Image search: [Google]
KonoJoJo.jpg
998KB, 1150x1000px
>>53193811
>Effie

Ooh. I like her.

>Ritz

Eh. Idk she's tied to FFTA somewhere I want to avoid atm.

>Cadence

I'll look into her. Keeping my options open.

Sad no KonoSuba because EXPLOSIONS!
>>
File: jc9.png (157KB, 322x504px) Image search: [Google]
jc9.png
157KB, 322x504px
>>53194078
>>53194010
...I was building up to a riff on lollipops and/or cotton candy, but somehow it's just not happening. Guess I have performance issues in public.

Also, autocorrect likes big, long words for some reason

>>53194022
Well hey-like I said, for me "worship" more or less means ringing them up shooting the shit. I mean if you want to get more technical genuine deific worship of me is much more common because of genuine faith, gratitude and/or foreplay, in Cecelyne's case/spoiler], all I'm saying is I use the regular channels for making contact as a courtesy.

And hey, not ALL of them are beneath me. There's the Presence and the Axiom, for one.

>>53194217
Dreamers go and stay go in that The Secret World jump I want but can't make. Or should it be Secret World Legends now it's being relaunched?

>>53194142
I'm pretty sure OAA is too drunk to be Jack Kirby, anon
>>
>>53194217
Sovereign of Sorrow go and stay go.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d8)

>>53194242

>Well, at least Cultist Chan seems to only be able to show up in 40K universes.
>>YAY.
>>Thank goodness.
>>>Aww, I thought she was funny.
>She's not a nice person sweetie, it's best that you stay away from her. Now, it's time to go from here.

Roll list
1.Who Framed Roger Rabbit
2.Marvel Cinematic Universe
3.Horror Movies
4.Showa Kamen Rider Part 2
5.Generic Sugar Bowl
6.R-Type
7.SMT
8.Halo - Covenant

Queue:
>>
File: EVERYTHING IS BOMB.jpg (502KB, 996x1882px) Image search: [Google]
EVERYTHING IS BOMB.jpg
502KB, 996x1882px
>>53194250
>that image
You know 'the floor is lava'? Now the floor is bomb.
>>
>>53194217
Come on dude. Making fun of Fatalism or people who don't subscribe to free will by espousing bullshit Nihilism just makes you look like a stupid troll. You're the one calling others armchair philosophers and Psych 101 kiddies, you might as well try to carry yourself will half as much dignity as the people you're trying to insult.
>>
>>53194251
So. Question. Are you Garlock?

... Because I missed the part where you turned into a red-haired bishie.
>>
>>53194256
How powerful is the sovereign of sorrow by the way?
>>
>>53194251
>last spoiler

actually I've somehow managed to sober up. Probably because of the fucking methotrexate and folic acid, and Stellara.

god but it fucking pisses me off because THERE ARE DAYS I DESPERATELY NEED A DRINK.
>>
>>53194217
If nothing we do matters then all that matters is what we do.
>>
>>53194280
We don't know. She can kill worlds just by singing, but at the same time she apparently got her ass kicked by Mario, and Megaman actually could have killed her during the war had it not been for his split personality fucking it up. She's also gotten weaker since then. Nonetheless, she's still the biggest threat in Captain SNES, and I think the Megaman thing took a lot of preptime and gathered energy to happen. So, again, no real ideas on how buff she is.
>>
>>53194247
>>53194303
>>53194278
You really fell for that obvious sovereign of sorrow bait?
I expected more from you anon.
>>
>>53194324
I dunno who that is, bruh. I'm just quoting old TV shows. It's my goal in life to be able to communicate entirely through pop culture references and memes.
>>
>>53194324
We've been over this. Cracker_Jack... is not exactly the biggest box in the shed.
>>
File: jc8.png (1MB, 1344x756px) Image search: [Google]
jc8.png
1MB, 1344x756px
>>53194279
I was Garlock, yes. Long story short, during my trip to Umineko I found out my background was a figment of someone's imagination, and later got beaten down so hard I had to be saved through their power. Which means-the new look's kinda stuck.

The space/monochrome garlocks are still in play, though. I've also started using some purple aurora borealis/mandelbrot fractal pics because they look surprisingly close to my main jotun.

>>53194301
>Stellara

Is that...a space drug?
>>
>>53194348
Close, psoriasis drug bullshit.
>>
>>53194240
>>53193829
>>
>>53194348
I'm sorry, but I cannot help but feel a Battlestar Galactica quote applies here.

>I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays! I want to hear X-rays! And I want to - I want to smell dark matter! Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can't even express these things properly because I have to - I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid limiting spoken language! But I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws! And feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me! I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!
>>
>>53194362
That's not me, and he isn't part of this conversation, I'm only talking about human nature.
>>
>>53194344
I am, however, the biggest tool in the warehouse.
>>
>>53193413
>>53193620
>Tank
I'd recommend Saitama, but you'd need to pod him.

>Mage
Regina from Once Upon a Time?
One of the girls from Madoka Magica? Probably not Madoka herself, and Homura would probably be a bad idea.

>Bard
One of the girls from Symphogear? Hibiki would be less keen on killing, but the other girls migh be fine.
>>
>>53194387
Or how about Ike and Micaiah from Fire Emblem Tellius for Tank and Mage?
>>
>>53194387
>Symphogear

Anon.

Anon they're all literally lesbians.
>>
>>53194387
>Regina from Once Upon a Time?
I mean. If you're going to waifu someone from there.

At lest it's not Snow White.

Is that show still going? I honestly have barely watched it since I made the jump.
>>
>>53194343
It's a cosmic horror from Captain SNES that encourages nihilism and despair and wants to end everything, basically. When she ends a world, it's usually accompanied by her singing 'Row Row Row Your Boat'.

Life is but a dream. It's time to wake up.
>>
>>53194411
Lesbians in anime are just unconfirmed bisexuals most of the time. Because they only ever have one major relationship, we have no way of knowing if they actually don't like guys. Especially since anime has a bad habit of making girls otherwise expressed as straight engage in 'skinship' for 'innocent' reasons which would look like lesbian foreplay in any sane universe.
>>
>>53194413
>spoiler
Just got renewed for its' seventh season, actually. I'm still mad about what they did to Rumple. He was doing so well, and then they just went "NOPE HE'S A VILLAIN AGAIN FUCK YOU".
>>
>>53194448
Wow, seriously? Even after the whole thing with him having to become true hero or whatever for Dark One Emma to do something with Excalibur(or whatever it was)? That's fucked.
>>
File: jc32.jpg (265KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
jc32.jpg
265KB, 1024x768px
>>53194374
Oh man, that's absolutely on point.

I need to use this in one of my writefags when I'm less busy.

>>53194413
>>53194448
Wait, why? I thought they beat up the generic evil smokeblob. Oh god, don't let it go full Supernatural. You NEVER go full Supernatural and stay intact.

...haven't they been going back and forth with Rumple for a while now?

>>53194387
>Madoka

I'm pretty sure Madoka magic lends itself more to ranger//fighter builds more than actual mages before everything goes Madokami-shaped.

>>53194440
That's one thing I found refreshing about Ikki Tousen, at least. Best girl is straight up bi.

>skinship

Ugh, this. It's not like I've anything against fanservice, but I wish more anime took place in a sane-ly insane universe. Like, say, Berserk.
>>
>>53194483
Ikki tousen is?
>>
>>53194504
Irrelevant. No jump for it currently exists.
>>
>>53194522
How many swirlies have you received in your life?
>>
>>53194532
Don't even know what that is senpai, so probably none?
>>
>>53194482
>>53194483
He's not a full on villain, but he is the Dark One again. He's still trying to do good for the moment, but...
>>
>>53194554
I wouldn't trust you to know your own ass from the backside of a horse, desu.
>>
>>53194532
>something something how many breads have you eaten something something
>>
File: how many breads.png (145KB, 291x552px) Image search: [Google]
how many breads.png
145KB, 291x552px
>>53194565
>>
>>53194251
>ringing them up shooting the shit
By what means?
>>
>>53194440
But I remember the girls in Symphogear sleeping in the same bed and whispering loving words into each other's ears while cuddling. Even if they started fucking on screen they couldn't get any gayer.
>>
File: Bisexuals!.jpg (20KB, 290x314px) Image search: [Google]
Bisexuals!.jpg
20KB, 290x314px
>>53194591
What part of 'unconfirmed bisexuals' do you not get?
>>
>>53194573
Man, it's too bad you can only go to one JoJo without time-travel.
>>
>>53194603
To be fair, taking one of them would probably butterfly the rest away considering how much of them are reliant on "fate". Though we do kind of see something like that in Steel Ball Run.
>>
>>53194603
There should be a jump for each part or at least 1-2, 3-6 and 7-?
>>
>>53194440
To be fair, that argument applies to pretty much all characters that don't express opposition to straight/gay romance. A straight character could be bi for all we know, if we never see them do anything but date one girl.
>>
>>53194647
No.
>>
>>53194650
Yes, and?
>>
>>53194652
A man can dream Anon
>>
>>53194440
Yeah, and we don't see most characters talk about their religious beliefs, or only one if even. OBVIOHSLY THIS MUST MEAN they're just unconfirmed Scientologists!
>>
>>53194707
You're a yurifag, I take it? Only you guys get super defensive at the idea that the character might swing both ways.
>>
>>53194716
Nah, just tired of this recurring "there's nothing to say it /isn't/! :^)" attitude.
>>
>>53191223
>Like Sand in the Wind

A better form for that could be "jump lasts a thousand years, but nothing you do or try lasts, only base survival is possible - anything created, any pet project, any satisfaction, all will crumble and leave only ruined statuary"
>>
>>53194724
That's only a problem when it's applied to perks, anon, not sexuality.

Especially when we consider that some degree of bisexuality is far more common than full on homosexuality is. And how a jumper with charisma/appearance perks is gonna really push the bounds of someone's sexuality regardless.
>>
Speaking of Tomb Kings, whatever happened to Skull Slime? Wasn't he planning on updating Mummy?
>>
>>53194731
Isn't that what it is now?
>>
>>53192107

You're getting way off track.

There were plenty of other valid criticisms, but by letting the argument get bogged down over one point, it allows all of it to be ignored instead of debated.
>>
File: BootyDance.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
BootyDance.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>53194387
Tank I'm gonna go for Effie.

Mage probably gonna go for Nico Robin, MAYBE the teacher from P5.

Bard Rise from P4.
>>
>>53194822
>valid criticisms
Like what? You're just trying to restart the argument.
>>
Jump #328: One Punch Man
>The World, reversed: Regret and disappointment.
>Age: 23
>Location: Z City
I hear there's some cheap apartments available.
>Identity: Hero (-100)
How could I do otherwise?
>Drawbacks: Hungry Hungry Mysterious Beings (+200)
I'm not sure that I'm going to like being on the dinner menu for creepy things so often. Hopefully they find metal hard to digest.
>Absurdly Fluent (900)
Being able to tell someone's powerset and capabilities, even if they hold back or aren't sure of their potential, is INSANELY useful. Up until now I'd been doing this with clairvoyance and extending the function of a 'sense' materia.
>Rrrules (Free, Hero)
Never hurts to know what's what, even in general.
>Sense of Direction (500)
A bizarrely good sense of direction? Drawn toward things that I want to find? Gee, I wonder what series of jumps coming up have things that I want to find? *cough*Marvel*cough*
>A Hero's Resolve (200, Hero)
I already have plot armor, but if I won't be killed unless it is an intentional killing blow (unless I'm being incredibly stupid) is a further extension of what I have, and quite a useful one at that.
>Costume (Free, Hero)
Honestly I went... semi-cheap when it came to my costume. I went to a Halloween shop in November, bought up a slew of Ghostbuster uniforms and vampire capes, and bleached the hell out of them. So I have lots of white jumpsuits and gold capes from the bleach washing out 95% of the dye.
>Hero A-Class (0, Hero)
A guy's gotta pay the bills somehow, right?
>>
>>53194920

So. Z City. It's an interesting place, but I need to save as much money as I can so that I can afford .. well, I don't know what, maybe a vacation or a nice car or something. And so I moved in to the same apartment building as these two guys. One of whom is bald, and one of whom had funky eyes and a blonde afro on the day that I moved in. (Apparently he did not like it, because it was gone the next day.)

Basically, though? I got a hibachi, got a freezer, and grilled. A lot. And I mean, a LOT. Apparently that was a good way to make friends with Saitama, which correlated with making friends with Genos. Which was pretty cool.

As far as heroing? I stuck to the same abilities I had from the Incredibles, which saw me toward the top of A-rank but never hit S-rank. A man who can turn into metal and punch with the force of something far beyond what should be doable is a bit much in some places, but here? It's hardly the most formidible thing.

I got to spar with Saitama several times. After the first couple of times he actually got halfway serious! And it turns out that if I dial up my density all the way, and I do mean ALL the way including durability perks, I could withstand consecutive normal punches, though they'd definitely stagger me. (Found that out toward the end of the jump, actually.) Saitama was thrilled by this, and the fact that I could (in the infrequent occasion that I could actually connect) hit hard enough that he could at least FEEL it, so he gave me a serious punch. I ended up gibbed.

Let me repeat that: I was made of metal and he GIBBED me.

And the gibs exploded into vapor because artistic license or something I guess.
>>
>>53194929
He was pretty distraught until I popped back up and went, "Dude, you basically KILLED me. That's so fucking cool!" but he wouldn't spar with me anymore after that. To be fair, I don't blame him. I was going all out, being careful about my molecular density, though only Saitama and Genos got to spar with me while I had my super speed going. I clearly need more, but I will report that being the Fastest Thing Alive and having multiple perks to ensure that its growth could continue indefinitely (if slowly) was enough to at least make it so I had to work for any victory that didn't depend on me just completely bypassing everything with magic.

Right. That silliness aside... honestly? A lot of what I did during the jump was hanging out with those guys. I honestly regret not doing like Konata, making an army for him to fight, but... I think a lot of what he needed was friends, rather than it being a matter of finding a worthy opponent.

I will say, though, that the constant monstrous creature attacks gave him plenty of chances to hone his techniques. Techniques like "light punch", "love tap", and "bitch slap". (The last of which he used against an alien invasion when the leader said some particularly hurtful things.) Even if he couldn't find a real challenge most of the time, he got more entertainment out of heroing.

Oh, and the part-time-hero-for-a-hobby was somehow caught on camera being a hero. Repeatedly. After a few years of being promoted through the ranks for this, he ended up being the only hero with an S+ rank.

He never did see what the big deal about the whole thing was.
>>
>>53192695

Looks like they're going for "Jaegers are now mascots for proxy war via corporate/sporting robot battle UNTIL THE THREAT RETURNS".
>>
>>53194652
Actually, why not? There's more than enough content for it, and it wouldn't replace the existing jump.
>>
>>53195370
Only the creator can split up the jump like that. If a Jojo part 9 comes along, that won't be covered by the jump, but otherwise any individual parts would be seen as a replacement.
>>
>>53195414
Like how Cracker_Jack got permission for Marvel Magic before he started?Or how Valeria got Babylon's permission for all the Warhammer Fantasy jumps?
>>
>>53195414
Oh well. It just kinda sucks that all of Jojo is represented with such a "small" jump. It's also sad that there'll never be an actual stand supplement. Although stands are varied enough that it would have probably been impossible to make anyway.
>>
>>53195448
Marvel already said it was fine long ago. Babylon's jump isn't a generic. Dogs of War is a specific thing in Fantasy. It has a book just for it.

>>53195449
Val and NuBee are making a Jorge Joestar jump, that's probably the best you'll get.
>>
>>53195462
Eh, after my finals are over I might try my hand at something or another. I was meaning to reread Jojo anyway.
>>
>>53195475
If you try your hand at a jump covered already, it won't be accepted. Otherwise, maybe you can do some other big fan property.
>>
>>53195475
You can try, just don't be surprised if it doesn't end up on the drive. Won't stop people who are interested from using it, if they can keep it to themselves.
>>
How do the multicoloured truths in Umineko actually damage you? Is it like being cut, punched or actually erased from existence one piece at a time?
>>
>>53195448
>Dogs of War
In addition to not being the same thing as the Jojo or Marvel jumps, it's barely even a normal jump either. It's almost as bad as claiming the LoT jump means no other 40k jumps can be made without permission from Babylon.
>>
>>53194762

Yeah, I just like suffering - so adding a thousand years to watch everything slip through your fingers, and explicitly noting that it isn't an autolose by making you "fail at survival".
>>
File: 0027-036.jpg (200KB, 1828x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0027-036.jpg
200KB, 1828x1300px
>>53195498
How do they damage normal beings it's unclear. For witches and other high-tier magical beings in Umineko it's easier to explain because their existence is pretty much based on they 'believing' that they exist. Their form, their way of being and their powers are pretty much what they are capable of.

For a non-Umineko-like being, we could guess that you would be damaging their psyche, and if you want to go too conceptual, their idea of their own existence.

These would probably be really effective in places like the Warp, the Wyld or WoD. You can kill deities by winning a debate against them.

Basically a red truth could kill someone outright by denying their existence if it were truth and the other party doesn't has a way to counter it. For example, Battler 'technically' died in the island, but it was later proved that his body was still alive but with severe brain damage.. Red Truths can also be used to trap someone, but you're limiting your own movements with them as well.

Blue truths are easier to use, as you can throw as many as you want without any risk for yourself, and will hurt the other party unless denied via red truth.

Golden and black truth are even weirder and that would require a lot of fanwanking on your part.
>>
>>53194839

...they're literally right there in the critique post that started things.

I don't even agree with most of them, but the others could have used slightly less contemptuous dismissal.

That said, when the response is "NO, and also, fuck you", there probably isn't any point trying.
>>
>>53195611
You're probably that guy that did those posts, still salty, trying to drum up some trouble. Pathetic.
>>
>>53195587
Thanks. So, kind of like Angels in Evangelion?

Assuming I know nothing about Umineko, what's so special about the golden and black truths? Why is the golden truth only available at the end of the jump?
>>
>>53195611
Having trouble seeing which of those critiques had any worth that didn't get a fair explanation. Could you point them out and quote them for me?
>>
>>53195490
>>53195491
Oh yeah, I don't care all that much whether it'll get accepted or not. /jc/ or SB drive, or even just my harddrive, it's all the same to me.
>>
>>53195611
Don't bother. Insult a namefag and you're literally Satan around these parts.
>>
>>53195522

It isn't really like LoT at all. It had extensive scenarios... and that is the only major difference from a generic WF jump that doesn't want to write perks for "pig farmer" and "chimney sweep".
>>
>>53195611
>>53195657
Mild criticism, too.
>>
>>53195662
So it's Dogs of War with scenarios that don't fit tacked on. That's not a generic, it's a poorly made jump for a sourcebook in fantasy.
>>
>>53195667
>Mild critique
>Demands and insults
>Ignored her compromises to complain more
Now it's just obvious that you're the same guy, hours later, still crying over it.
>>
>>53195619

If you say so.

Boy, life sure is easy when everyone who might disagree with you is just one person pretending.
>>
>>53195682
You sure make it easy to think so with how you act and fail to give any examples.
>>
>>53195667
Fuck. I was one off.
>>
>>53195448
Exactly.
The rules only matter if the maker was a special snowflake who was too pure for this earth.
>>
>>53195681

>compromises
>>
>>53195699
She pointed them out to you several times bitchanon, it's not our fault you were up your own ass when she did.
>>
>>53195619
>that guy that did those posts
What, when did this happen?
>>
>>53195681
Nah. Just someone who wanted Thier post talking about Satan to end in an appropriate number. Alas, I timed it incorrectly. I'm merely a simple anon.
>>
So who is the best jumpmaker?
Who is the worst?
>>
File: 0027-039.jpg (259KB, 908x1300px) Image search: [Google]
0027-039.jpg
259KB, 908x1300px
>>53195634
Golden Truth can only be used by the Game Master (literally the DM), and it's a way more personal than the others. As such, even if what you're saying it's not exactly the truth, it can trump the red truth under certain circumstances, or it can come as another flavor of blue truth and be trumped by the red truth.

Also, you can use the Golden Truth if you're the Game Master, but you can get 'your' Golden Truth at the end if you complete the gauntlet under a specific circumstance, probably having something as powerful as the one that I posted previously. Maybe someone else can explain it better than myself?

For the Black Truth, you would need to ask SMTanon, since that's completely OC.
>>
>>53195732
HeavensAnon/Valeria/Digger.

Dirge, easily.
>>
>>53195691

I don't need to?

They're at the top of the thread. Do your own clicking - it's not hard unless you need excuses to not engage with the actual argument, by finding a pretense for attacking the legitimacy of it instead.
>>
>>53195732
>best

The friends we made along the way

>worst

>>53195741's mama
>>
>>53195744
So despite saying that there are specific points you think deserved more attention, you refuse to actually do any work to bringing them back up. And you were the one saying how focusing on one point got all these valid arguments ignored, right?

If you're not going to actually try and help, just get out. You're doing nothing but arguing for the sake of arguing at this point.
>>
>>53195732
>Best jumpmaker
I would say Val because she makes settings that I really like, but SMTanon has the best fluff and structure without a doubt.
>Who is the worst
Anon, Bancho.
>>
>>53195756
>SMTanon has the best fluff and structure
This is true, but goddamn can I not into any of the settings he makes jumps for probably because I'm not weeb enough, so I sadly keep forgetting about him.
>>
>>53195783
He also did Dota2.
>>
>>53195449
I think the jump does pretty well in covering all the abilities. I just find it really difficult to choose which part to go to. It'd be cool if there was some drawback that you went through all the parts, starting at the first and skipping to the next when the plot concludes (An alternate universe where you didn't show up in previous parts).
>>
>>53195732
>best
YJ_Anon
>worst
Not YJ_Anon
>>
>>53195634
I might be wrong about my interpretation, but the way I see the Golden truth is like...the Dungeon Master in D&D saying "The BBEG escapes before you can catch him", even if the they should have died.
The players must accept it, even if the fighter really landed the last hit that should have brought him below 0hp.
The DM does it because it's necessary for the progression of the game's story, and makes the statement in full knowledge of how the rules work, and why it's necessary for *their* game. Such an event might not have happened in another DM's adventure.

The way I'm envisioning a jumper using Golden Truth is something like controlling a fact of the story you're in. Not necessarily the whole thing, but maybe some critical moment.
Like if you're writing your jumper to be "a good person", your golden truth might be used to overturn events that could turn them into a bad person, because it's necessary for your jumper's story.
Maybe.
Chime in, anyone?
>>
>>53195414
Eh, it's not like it hasn't been done before. Also, the creator left this place long long ago, so it's just as good as replacing mib's jumps.
>>
>>53195823
You'll notice that the only person who replaced mib's jumps were mib himself.
>>
>>53195816
You should also keep in mind that the Golden Truth can be defeated, and the Game Master himself can destroy it with his own red truths if he talks too much.
>>
File: Cain.jpg (53KB, 474x458px) Image search: [Google]
Cain.jpg
53KB, 474x458px
Okay while it's bare-bones right now I just wanna see if I'm going in the right direction. https://pastebin.com/K50uNmtz any feedback is appreciated.

>>53189519
Currently read For the Emperor and Caves of Ice. I'm about a third done with Duty calls as I couldn't find a PDF for Traitor's Hand. Although I don't think it matters for the Cain series due to how it's written.

>>53189625
Yea, I realized later that it would be a bit strange. Drop in is mostly gonna be the inquisitor retinue origin, while also having a Rogue Trader perk or two. And Aide is gonna be seperate, Cain and Jurgen have been together for decades, or a century (I think that's been mentioned in For the Emeror or at least hinted that that's how long they'll be together). So it'd be a bit strange to have an aide like that pop out of nowhere. Companion options will also get one free each. Drop In gets a free Inquisitor, Inquisitor gets a free retinue (4 companions?). Commissar gets a free Aide, Aide gets a free Commissar.
>>
>>53195732
Depends. At least all of the "seasoned" jumpmakers have at least one jump that I considered "excellent" and a few that I consider "decent". Though most of them also have one or two I would consider "disappointing", but that's to be expected in such quantities.
>>
>>53195732
Adarx.

Anyone else.
>>
>>53195732
>So who is the best jumpmaker?
Dunno.

>Who is the worst?
That fucking slut Worm! Where is muh S&S UPDATE?!
>>
>>53195947
Pls don't bully the Worm-fu.
>>
What is a jumpers chance of surviving the SOMA gauntlet?
>>
>>53195957
100%. Getting anything out of it? Depends on your build, drawbacks, and prior experiences. Possibly bodymod.
>>
File: 1493505181229.png (914KB, 975x595px) Image search: [Google]
1493505181229.png
914KB, 975x595px
>>53195947
>>53195954
>>
>>53195947
The worm update is literally never gonna happen, so the chance of the S&S update occuring within 4chan's lifetime is abysmal, to say the least.
>>
Does MCU 1 have a text version?
>>
>>53195857
Try when america is awake
>>
>>53195947
>Worm update

It's going to be a huge nerf and not worthy. People will just bitch endlessly about it.
>>
>>53196027
A huge nerf that'll try to distract people with shiny new powers and perks.
>>
>>53196035
>A huge nerf that'll try to distract people from shiny new powers and perks
Fixed.
>>
>>53196092
It's going to be half-and-half people shouting not to care about the nerfs, look at this new power, and people shouting not to look at the new powers since you can only have one anyway, look at all the nerfs he did.
>>
>>53196035
I have yet to see something that would make up from the huge nerfs that he was planning.
>>
>>53196035
IIRC, it was a new Shard/Agent perk tree and doubling the size of the power table.
Also, if Worm_Anon see this, what would you think of allow to gain multiple powers by either forcing a mandatory drawback if you do so and/or going the way Valeria did with the EXs in the Servant Supplement and making each new power progressively more expensive?
>>
>>53193813
That game had the most adorable evil minions simple because of their fanatic devotion to you.

Also, I really liked looking through them to see what loot they had. Even when most were using demonic armor, I could still see some with sheep or bug heads.
I got sad when the only one wearing a pumpkin for a helmet died.
>>
>>53195835
Yeah. That would be like, the GM contradicting himself with statements of what's happened.
"I thought you said there were no windows or other exits in the room, so how can the BBEG escape?"
>>
>>53196133
Pretty sure it'll get shot down. Nobody in Worm has more than one power (except for grabbags, who have several weaker powers that are kinda thematic), while in Fate pretty much every Servant has several skills. Also, the 100CP surcharge for several EX-rank skills is completly OC and I don't like it
>>
>>53196178
>Also, the entirety of any given Val jump is completly OC and I don't like it.
FTFY.
>>
>>53193788
Oocclumency could for sure help deal with the dad issues, though it would probably take a couple years of training to keep out even the Teen Titans Trigon.

You'd still need to find a way to deal with the "powers tied to emotions" thing. Toggle would help. It just wouldn't solve the problem that she can actually be a heavy weight when she stops restraining herself, but is too afraid of loosing control to do so.
>>
>>53196178
I'm glad we can do it at all.
>>
>>53196202

Not quite the case for the Warhammer Fantasy jumps at least. Almost everything is a direct port of something in the material - which is pretty reasonable for a tabletop setting jump, as the most appropriate things are usually neatly codified already.
>>
>>53196178
That's just my suggestion, so if he takes it into account, good, and if not, then eh, whatever.
>>
>>53196133
That's the thing though, new powers don't matter because you only get one.
>>
>>53196202
>Completely OC
What? Since when?
>>
>>53196370
S'just salt, never you mind.
>>
File: Ragna_the_Bloodedge_CP_render.png (652KB, 864x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Ragna_the_Bloodedge_CP_render.png
652KB, 864x1077px
So what is there to do in Blazblue anyway?
>>
>>53196459
science, SPIRITUAL SCIENCE!
>>
>>53196459
Observation.
>>
So does Self-Taught Style from Fist of the North Star effectively negate any skill advantage your opponent might possess?
>>
>>53193661

Catacombs from Universal Monsters is kinda a must if you place your tomb on any land where Skaven might get to it, as having a trap filled catacomb you know the layout of could help hold them off.
>>
Do Psyker abilities draw on any resources/cause fatigue or the like, or are they effectively "free" not counting their inherent dangers?
>>
>>53195634
Golden Truth signifies complete understanding of the rules of your current reality, and therefore can trump the other truths. Black Truth denies other possibilities, and specializes in proposing scenarios that hurt people.

>>53195738
>For the Black Truth, you would need to ask SMTanon, since that's completely OC.
No it isn't. Bernkastel wields it at one point in Episode 7.
>>
File: JumpChain - Jump List.pdf (87KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JumpChain - Jump List.pdf
87KB, 1x1px
>>53193661
Senpai, few people gave you actual responses. But. But! Consider the jump-list! It has a whole column for this sort of thing.
>>
>>53196689
I believe you can overextend how much you draw on. I think they also cause mental or physical fatigue. That'd be the more taxing disciplines though, like pyro or biomancy.
>>
>>53196689
They are incredibly fatiguing, because of the dangers. Struggling with the Warp to keep it from exploding out of you is pretty draining.
>>
>>53196345
Meant 'new powers' as in 'each successive power bought'.
>>
>>53196689
Its mental fatigue, your opening your mind to the Warp. Then you have to mentally control that sliver of energy & make it manifest into reality.

Slip up, there might be blood raining down or ominous spooky sounds. If you really messed up, you could summon a daemon, get sucked into the warp, get torn apart by the energy...etc.

That's why those Psykers that aren't immediately fed to the Golden Throne, get to see Big E himself. There they open themselves up to him. He eats a good chunk of their soul replacing it with bit of his. So he's psychically protecting you.

If you're selected to be an Astropath, you get to sit there for awhile longer. Big E takes a bigger chunk of your soul. This also causes your eyes to melt from their sockets & your hair to fall out. Sometimes your teeth will shatter as well.

However you get to see the Astronomicon's light & are able to communicate through vast distances. Astropaths are human telephones.

Those not strong enough to be a battle psyker or astropath are forced to channel their might for the Astronomicon. They do this until they're burnt out & die.
>>
>>53196907
It's why nobody should ever choose to be sanctioned in any Imperium jump. It's a trap.
>>
>>53196923
you don't choose it, The black Ships Choose it for you.
>>
>>53196975
Yeah and plenty of psykers slip through, either by not being tested or by being good enough to hide it.
>>
>>53196986

And I do say they worked perfectlyI just said that it wasn't something people really volunteer for. the black ships are constantly described as a mysterious thing of terror.
>>
>>53197029
I'm just talking about jumpers. If you don't get a choice, don't go psyker. If you do, then never be a sanctioned one.
>>
>>53197051
yeah psyker in general is a trap option, given how it works. but I did ask and you can use it in the imperium jump to boost my navigator abilities
>>
I'm debating on making the science capstone for Prey to cover all perks or just science based ones.

What do you think /jc/?

600 - Master of the mind
The knowledge to create Neuromods. We're not just talking about those hypos with exotic material either, but to be able to create the programs that you upload to the mind itself. With this, all the secrets of the human mind are laid bare to you, if you look at an active neuron you could tell what it's function is in the mind. You can take the scans the specific skills of anyone and create a new neuromod suitable for human use. Skills can be recorded through mere observation utilising a device called a psychoscope, though the skill you wish to collect must be being practiced by the target or be a significant part of their personality. A great musician doesn't need to be composing in order for you to scan him for his musical talent, but if you wanted his ability to cook you'd need to scan him while he was cooking. With this knowledge otherworldly abilities with some basis in science from other universes can also be loaded into neuromods.
>>
>>53197115
that seems like it should be 800 discounted rather than 600 discounted
>>
>>53197127
I'm not worried about price balancing yet. We'll talk about that once I've got all the perks down pat
>>
>>53197115
I don't think it should do anything but record skills.Can this thing gain actual powers in game? Even if so, I have a hard time seeing anything else you'd be able to make on par with sight based power copying of any science based ability.

I definitely think you should not make it cover all perks and powers, since I cannot imagine that fitting the series or you having any hope of making something on the same level.
>>
>>53197115
Why is the otherworldly abilities bit at the end even there? The rest of the perk tells us about it working on skills, why is it suddenly expanded to include abilities?
>>
>>53197159
I think he was trying to say otherworldly Scientific abilities as in Rick and Morty science rather than Worm shard kind of things because if he wasn't that Is well beyond the scope of what I understand the Power levels of that universe to be
>>
>>53197159
>>53197167
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFAvuCg-_Ik

Does this answer the question or do I need to expand what I mean?
>>
>>53197115
Maybe just don't mention other perks or stuff from other worlds? It seems fairly obvious in how it's used so if someone wants to load up someone else with knowledge, it should probably work unless the target they're taking it from is weird.
>>
>>53192267
Late, but it's from Axe Cop. It was an Ask Axe Cop where he went to Narnia.
>>
>>53197181
I'd kinda prefer if you just told us how it works. Does this video mean it can copy any power it sees? Or is this just a video of other powers in the game?
>>
>>53197181
That's...not clear at all. Why are you showing me this video?
>>
>>53197181
So this perk/item lets you get any ability you can see and load it onto yourself. That seems pretty OP. Are there any limits to this? Any costs or dangers? Any powers it won't work on? How will the other perks match this?
>>
>>53197181
we get it. It's a ripoff of prop hunt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7qc2B-k4c4
>>
>>53197204
>>53197195
I think the video shows how the character can get the powers of the creatures. Not sure though so I'm just guessing.
>>
>>53197216
>53197216
Yeah but it doesn't give any detail at all. Is he getting them just by observing them with this tech? Is it through some other technology?
>>
>>53191288
Yeah but part of me is never taking it very seriously.

Tend not to do it for any benefit the god might grant but more because it's sometimes fun just to continue to act mostly like the new set of memories you got. Only really happens when my background in that jump was already religious which is not all that common.

I just feel that if you're a priest in the zombie apocalypse it's a lot more fun to go full battle-priest than it is to be just another grizzled survivor who lost their faith.
Thread posts: 480
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.