[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mecha Writefag

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

"I remember being told I'd passed the tests."

"Generally speaking, only idiots and people who had lost family tried to get into the mecha brigades. I fell into the latter- my family went up in flames along with Houston the day North Korea and China decided they wanted to rule the world."

"I'm not an idiot. If someone manages to kill the man who flew the plane that dropped the bombs, or the man who ordered the strike, it won't be me. That just means I'm going to kill a lot more of their soldiers to compensate."

"I don't have hair anymore on my head. Eyebrows, yeah. Stubble, still there. But my was shaved and Naired so that the helmet could interface better."

"The mecha I pilot is a four-legged monster they call the Tarantula. Other mechas have 'hands' that can interface with swappable weapons or be used for lifting. I have guns for arms on either side- belt-fed light-armor piercing liquid-cooled gatlings, with an 20mm autocannon that can fire high explosive or armor-piercing rounds."

"On my left shoulder is a Short-range six-shot missile launcher, on the right, an emp-grenade launcher. They may get swapped for artillery weapons or additional autocannons."

"It is not a subtle weapon. I am not a subtle man. It's a good match."

"But how did I earn that honor? How do they trust someone with that much firepower, to know when the time comes, he will pull the trigger?"

"Really simple."

"I was infantry. No power armor, no heavy weapons, just a rifle and a flak-vest. I was told to dispose of a group of soldiers we'd taken prisoner. We had hostiles incoming, and after the fifth broadcast execution of non-combat personnel the enemy had shown us, we weren't feeling merciful."

"The intent was to take a pistol and shoot them all once in the head and leave it at that. Of course, I wasn't given specific methods for disposal."

(cont)
>>
>>53189777
>8mm
>25 mm
for what purpose
>caseless
Enjoy your jams
>>
>>53189777
"I had a few other guys help me strip them naked, pose them on barbed wire, douse them with fuel leaking from one of their trucks, and lit 'em up just as the hostiles started coming."

"Fun thing about google translate- it's great for looking up insults. The North Korean infantry got to see their comrades burning and screaming, arranged to spell '엿 먹어라'."

"Or, for those uninitiated into Korean language, fuck you."

"They went fucking nuts. No order, no reason to their attack. We picked them off with no casualties on our side."

"During my court-martial for what I referred to as a Korean BBQ, it was asserted I was a loyal soldier, but a sick fucking bastard."

"In any other war I would have been executed. Instead, they decided to pull me in an assault mech and send me to the front lines. I later found out they had let it slip to the enemy that I had been promoted for my little impromptu cookout."

"I'm the devil to two nations, now. That's fine with me."

"Because I swore on my hometown's glowing ashes that there would be hell to pay."
>>
>>53189798
>Enjoy your jams
You imply that in a future where we have neuro-linked battle armour, they wouldn't have perfected caseless ammo?
>>
>>53190186
It's just a bad idea on multiple counts.
>>
ahhhhhh, I have a sequence written out but its 1700 words and I wanna publish it in a book eventually.

ahhhhhhh, moral quandaries. ;_;
>>
>>53190466
not having to eject casings seems like it would be handy for weapons designed to fire in space
>>
File: 2008HKG11 38243924625.jpg (200KB, 1159x746px) Image search: [Google]
2008HKG11 38243924625.jpg
200KB, 1159x746px
>>53189798
Caseless Ammo didn't cause the jams in the G-11

Overengineering did

Caseless ammunition is harder to jam than Standard jacketed ammunition as it does not need to engineer for a primary ejection system

Cook off is their primary issue, as the round is made of combustible and explosive material, that is being run though a system that can get very hot
>>
>>53195178
Why in god's name do they use that rotating bullshit, they should have used a straight forward magazine.
>>
File: 1486514849971.png (234KB, 423x423px) Image search: [Google]
1486514849971.png
234KB, 423x423px
>>53196112
>Expecting the embodiment of the term "Kraut Space Magic" to make sense
>>
>>53196112
It says right there in the inset, dingus, they wanted 2000rpm burst shots which the rotating bullshit facilitated
They probably also didn't want those long 50 round magazines sticking out the bottom of the rifle tripping everyone up
>>
>>53196112
-Reduce likelihood of magazine cookoff (only one round is in contact with the hottest section of the firearm, and does so only when separated from the group

-That over complicated mess is quick enough to allow the weapon to fire three times before the recoil of the first shot affects the shooter
>>
>>53189798
>Semiautomatic
>Not revolvers or muskets
>Enjoy your jams
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.