[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you rather play a lord of the rings campaign as second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: sauron the abhored.jpg (332KB, 1024x1379px) Image search: [Google]
sauron the abhored.jpg
332KB, 1024x1379px
Would you rather play a lord of the rings campaign as second age Numenoreans, Middle men, and Elves, or one in the third age in Sauron's provinces in Rhun, Harad, and throughout the east? I'm hoping to run one of these, but want to come up with a semi-adequate amount of lore, so I'm trying to make up my mind and see the merits of the options prior to really digging in.
>>
>third age
>players are common men dark elves and dwarves
>blue wizard gives you jobs to try and stop sauron from bringing southrons and easterlings under his control
>political infighting among kingdoms of men
>orcs raping and pillaging
>trollmen of harad
>the long slow defeat
>>
>>53188764
What about a late 6th age game about cold war espionage?
>>
>>53189153
>running goblins around like their nazi rocket scientists
>maglor boredly wandering around the fjords of norway
>plots to steal venus
>>
>>53188764
I wouldn't be stoked about LotR, but the second sounds better.
>>
File: after the war of wrath.jpg (155KB, 600x742px) Image search: [Google]
after the war of wrath.jpg
155KB, 600x742px
>>53189109
>>the long slow defeat
of Sauron or the players?
>>
>>53188764
a few select MERP modules were set in the 2nd age, the rest mid third age. maybe wanna look at them and compare?
>>
>>53189324
I'd be surprised if Morgoth's creatures made it past the 4th age.
>>
File: blue wizards.png (348KB, 430x405px) Image search: [Google]
blue wizards.png
348KB, 430x405px
>>53188764
The blue wizards would make good gandalf equivalents, and they were to be spirits of the huntsman god, so they ought to be something like demigod rangers.
>>
>>53189426
tolkien directly attributes the invention of modern barbed wire to goblins in government employ
>>
File: Goblin-soldiers of Isengard.jpg (45KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Goblin-soldiers of Isengard.jpg
45KB, 500x362px
>>53189443
That's beautiful.
Go little swarthy foul fucks, go.
I bet you they bombed pearl harbor and nuked Japan too.
>>
File: download.jpg (11KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
11KB, 318x159px
>>53190098
>they saw the times were changing and changed with them
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.