[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ - Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 456
Thread images: 52

File: 1373141593085.jpg (92KB, 500x725px) Image search: [Google]
1373141593085.jpg
92KB, 500x725px
D&D 5th Edition General Discussion

>Download Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/UA-RevisedSubclasses.pdf

>Official Survey on Unearthed Arcana: Revised Subclasses:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/6a608a27c7c9

>5etools:
https://astranauta.github.io/5etools.html

>/5eg/ Mega Trove:
https://mega.nz/#F!oHwklCYb!dg1-Wu9941X8XuBVJ_JgIQ!pXhhFYqS

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

Last time on /5eg/...
>>53175370
>>
>>53186359
First for Goliath slam dunker.
>>
Worthwhile taking Fighter 1/2 for an Undying Monk?

Kinda want Close Quarters Shooter so I can point blank Sharpshooter people but don't really want to put off getting Monk 11 since it's so important for an Undying.
>>
Going to make either a shepard or dreams druid for an upcoming SKT game.
Thinking of making him a half-orc, mainly for flavor. Any decent feats I should look into or neat spell-combos?

First time playing a caster so I need any bit of help I can get. Going to be mostly support.
>>
File: Shark.jpg (486KB, 1060x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Shark.jpg
486KB, 1060x1600px
>player just quit a campaign because another player didn't give him a free game on steam
Just hold me niggas because I'm about to slap someone
>>
>>53186451
>>Make them exceedingly rare and always have some other effect.
>I think the issue here is that it will front-load the cool factor on to the casters.
Which is why in the second half of my post I recommended giving out +0 magic items.
My barbarian enjoyed swinging the +2 artifact, but he LOVED his +0 Trident of Fish Command.
>>
>>53186494
Slap away, and don't hold back. Churlish.
>>
File: Suspicious_Smurf.jpg (66KB, 852x477px) Image search: [Google]
Suspicious_Smurf.jpg
66KB, 852x477px
>>53186471
>Undying Monk
>Monk of the Long Death
>or Warlock with an Undying Patron
>>
>>53186549
This is reaching peak autism levels right now
>he's editing copypastas to be about the guy who didn't give him the game
>then proceeds to edit various 40k pictures with people's avatars
I wish I could strangle people through internet
>>
>>53186494
With that kind of retardation present I'd say it's fortunate that it didn't end with worse drama.
>>
>>53186559
Yes, i'm retarded. Everyone I play with just calls them "edgy monks" so I forgot what the actual name was.
>>
>>53186570
If it makes you feel better, I'm cringing on his behalf.
>>
>>53186570
>he's editing copypastas to be about the guy who didn't give him the game
>then proceeds to edit various 40k pictures with people's avatars
You can't just say this and not share with the class.
>>
File: Potion_8fa89c_5548262.jpg (34KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
Potion_8fa89c_5548262.jpg
34KB, 500x442px
Is a Decanter of Endless water really that useful?

I have been told that if used properly, you can break a game's gold economy, but I am not sure how. Running a mill using the geyser ability?

Basically, I am wondering if letting the PCs have it for 500 gp is foolish or not.
>>
>>53186622
What makes it worse, is that another player is standing in his defence, while 4th player just ignores the whole deal
Oh well, if shit breaks apart it'll be their fault, not mine, and I will be free from DMing
>>53186628
Well does the class speak Polish?
>>
>>53186570
Have you considered making real friends and gaming in person rather than subjecting yourself to the worst autism the internet has to offer?
>>
>>53186542
Yeah that's fine, just as long as people realized that most melee really does need cool magical items to avoid the casters getting the limelight.

I've been thinking of making a beefed up Great Club, damage bumped to 1d10, and either giving it small uses of either Speak with Plants or something similar. Player is doing a very primal barbarian type character and thought it'd be neato, just unsure on balancing it/what'd work the best.
>>
>>53186643
No, but we've all played the Witcher.
>>
>>53186646
They've been people I've played vidya with for past 7 years now
I don't actually have any IRL friends that would be into DnD, and those 3 I have are people I just drink with and shitpost cooperatively
>>53186660
It really makes me feel weird that foreigners played the Witcher trilogy, while I didn't touch that shit at all
>>
>>53186643
No but you should post Polish copypastas anyway, becase that sounds interesting.

>>53186640
>Breaking the game via watermill and other economic schemes
Please tell me you don't have players who actually do shit like that
>>
>>53186615
I'd grab Fighter 1/2 for the Fighting Style.

Death rolls rarely happen, so I wouldn't worry about your level 11 Edgy Monk ability.
>>
>>53186640
You have to speak the Decanter's command word every round to keep it going, so you can't really do anything too crazy. If you want them to have it, I'm sure it'll be fine.
>>
File: Discord_2017-05-11_23-16-51.png (54KB, 1193x154px) Image search: [Google]
Discord_2017-05-11_23-16-51.png
54KB, 1193x154px
>>53186683
Eh, I found one that he sent in English, the rest is equal levels of retardation and cringe
>>
>>53186683
No business shenanigans yet. I have given them an expanded Stronghold rules set that can get quite a bit of money, but no one has bothered to actually spend all that gold they are hoarding.

I figure I should just keep an eye out for any possible shenanigans.
>>
>>53186650
I do realize it. It's just that magic items don't have to come with pluses, because the game is balanced to work fine without them.
A paladin doesn't need a +1 mace to smite. A fighter doesn't need a +1 longsword to action surge.
But giving them cool effects, like speaking with plants and similar shit like that, helps them be exciting and, most importantly, gives them out of combat utility, which martials tend to lack.
>>
>>53186714
This can't be real
I just literally can't even
>>
File: snip.png (13KB, 849x99px) Image search: [Google]
snip.png
13KB, 849x99px
>>53186687
It's not a death roll, it's literally "I don't feel like dying this round". Shit's really strong.

if I'm reading it right you could tank a fucking Disintegrate spell for 11 turns straight, though not Power Word Kill since it's worded differently.
>>
>>53186714
I am speechless. Thank you so much.

>>53186760
Have you ever talked to Eastern Europeans? (No offense PolishDMAnon)

>>53186732
If they're not breaking anything, I wouldn't worry. Clearly they're more interested in adventuring than manipulating the world economy.
>>
>>53186760
I wish it was fake as well anon, but unfortunately such is reality we live in.
I also wish I never "volunteered" to DM, I'm absolutely dogshit at it but nobody else would
>>
Does anyone have a chart and/or program that can generate random environmental features based on a terrain type?
>>
>>53186834
https://www.dmsguild.com/product/210292/Random-Encounters-Expanded

This one is pretty cool. Just go to the travelling scenes page, it is organized based off biome.
>>
Best spells for a level 3 warlock?
>>
>>53186895
>pay what you want
Those fools.

Thanks senpai
>>
>>53186769
You are right, it is very tanky.

Playing the game, I think the Fighting Style will get more utility, since facing damage like that or facing some character death is pretty rare.

Just my experience.
>>
>>53186903
Top 3

>Eldritch Blast
>Eldritch Blast
>Eldritch Blast
>>
>>53186359
R8 my magic item intended for a medicine themed monk.

Viper Essence Gloves (requires attunement):
>Once per round you may deal an additional 1d4 poison damage to a target you have hit with an unarmed strike.
>Every short rest you gain the ability to cast the Cure Wounds spell at a level equal to half your proficiency modifier.

Granting this at lvl 5.
>>
>>53186987
>>Every short rest you gain the ability to cast the Cure Wounds spell at a level equal to half your proficiency modifier ONCE

Forgot to correct my self.
>>
>>53186903
>Non-damaging
Misty Step
Hold Person
Invisibility

>Damaging, only two matter
Shatter
Cloud of Daggers
>>
>>53187004
>>53186903
This is for Level 2 spells, btw.
>>
File: sc4-cervantes.jpg (159KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
sc4-cervantes.jpg
159KB, 1000x1250px
Post character concepts you'll never get to play/would probably work better as NPCs

>Pirate Revenant who swore to do... something. Something really petty and stupid seeming, but they take it 100% seriously to the point they cursed at the gods and damned their souls to wandering for all eternity for it

Not viable for several reasons, mainly
>playing Revenants
>ever
and the fact a ghost pirate would have no reason to be adventuring on land.
>>
>>53187156
Hey man, playing a Revenant can be a pretty cool experience.
I played a rogue revenant in CoS a while back, removed the heal per round bullshit and any death would result in a roll on the insanity table in the DMG.

Ended up with a truckload of debilitating, crippling flaws and it was great.
>>
>party has a sharpshooter fighter and gwm Cleric who kick ass and do shit tons of damage, with haste from our sorcerer they easily do 60+ damage per turn

What can I do to challenge these guys? They've fought deadly rated encounters many times and they've never lost or needed to retreat. If they had a dedicated healer they'd be unstoppable
>>
>>53187352
Throw casters on them.
Shove them so full of debilitating spells, they won't be able to do shit.

Either that or shove enemies with heavy specific DR on them.
>>
I'm running a campaign with some heavy grid/minis usage, and quite some displacement effects I homebrewed. My players seem to enjoy it very much.
I'm trying to come up with creative terrain features we could use, barrels and debris for cover only goes so far, and In the past session, a few patches of slippery oil were pretty effective.
>>
>>53187366
Should have just banned those feats all together, they sorta break the game
>>
>>53187376
>Church Pews
>Partially collapsed tunnels with weak support beams
>Fighting on a rope bridge

Anything that can be thrown around, or pushed into.

Have you done chandeliers, yet?
>>
>>53187392
I'm generally okay with those feats, it's PAM that I despise.

Point being though, he can throw casters on them with some decent thought into terrain and such to make it hard on them. They've apparently only got a sorcerer, which means at best they'll have one or two counter spells.
>>
>>53187156
>would have no reason to be adventuring on land.
how about the vow
>>
>>53187417
Thanks for the suggestions! keep them coming!
Not done chandeliers yet, to be honest, we're only two sessions in, but there's a church coming soon, so I'll be sure to mention those.
>>
Help me decide my next class. Probably gonna be a Tiefling because I love Tieflings. Currently I'm a Wild Magic Sorcerer but I have feeling she's gonna die during this campaign.

I am trying to decide between a Great Old One Warlock, a Hexblade Warlock, possibly a Divination Wizard, or some form of Rogue.

Great Old One would be because I love Lovecraftian stuff, and I could probably make a good story for her.

Hexblade because with Pact of the Blade, I could make a powerhouse of a Warlock, basically a frontline fighter, especially with that spell that gives temporary hp and deals cold damage to enemies that hit me. Also, I already have some form of an idea for a back story.

Divination Wizard because I like the thought of being able to look into the future. Not a fan of the lackluster abilities though. Seems very underpowered, so maybe I'll choose Necromancy instead.

Rogue because it just fits Tieflings and I could make a neutral evil rather than some form of good character.

I also kind of want to make a Gunsmith Artificer eventually but that's just because it'd be fun to go around shooting everything and inventing stuff.

Help me /tg/, I'm having too much trouble deciding.
>>
File: 1486165645669.png (86KB, 171x189px) Image search: [Google]
1486165645669.png
86KB, 171x189px
>>53186494
>playing online
>>
>>53187434
It's funny because after posting that I realized there was a picture of a pirate revenant that adventured on land in my very post.

Could do something like
>Cursed by the gods to never go to sea again, they get PISSED and end up as a landlocked pirate Revenant looking to break their curse and return to the seas
or rip off Pirates of the Carribean
>Inhumanly greedy dead Pirate had some of his loot stolen (by the BBEG maybe?), returns from the dead to GET HIS SHIT BACK.

Just better hope the DM doesn't have any plans to go over the ocean.
>>
>>53186494
Jesus fucking Christ, is he severely autistic? Why the fuck did he demand a free game and just flip the table when it wasn't given to him? Slap his shit, slap and burn all of his shit.
>>
Plot hook ideas

Mindflayers are controlling the city guard and using them to abduct victims - missing persons, or night encounter

Batman heist
Encounter weak thug, a vigilante thwarts it before the party beats him, admires the party and mentions a corrupt merchant running a crime ring, false pretenses to steal and frame the party

Through a series of coincidences, the party manages to wander into a vault, and activate an artifact and release a terrible evil
>>
>>53187502
Barbarian-rogue.

Also
>Seems very underpowered
Divination wizard is one of the most powerful classes in the entire system. Being able to basically play DM for two rolls per day is incredibly strong when landing spells or such. Don't underestimate it.
>>
Do you make your paladin player roleplay taking an oath?
>>
File: horsewarrior.jpg (35KB, 450x587px) Image search: [Google]
horsewarrior.jpg
35KB, 450x587px
Best way to mitigate the swinginess of d20s without not playing D&D
>>
>>53187004
Thoughts on invocations? Moon bow for certain since I'm fey blade. Mage armor or just wear studded leather for 1 less ac? Mask of many faces because I'm playing the social character and it's fucking sweet?
>>
>>53187576
Make anything below 7 be automatically 7, make everything above 16 be automatically 16.

Not sure why you would do this, but there you go.
>>
>>53187553
Barbarian rogue...? What's the justification for that? And I suppose that is nice. Hmm.
>>
>>53187553
>play a divination wizard
>only ever roll 10-13 for Portent

Super powerful...yea sure.
>>
>>53187591
Rogue with an apparent issue regarding staying calm.
Gives you some well-needed tankiness and also enables you to be a very effective grappler if needed which can be a cool quirk with the character.
I'd suggest looking more into strength rather than dex, since you'll be wanting to use Reckless Attack a lot. Reckless Attack gives you advantage, which means you also get sneak attack on those attacks.
Danger Sense also gives you advantage on most dex saving throws, coupled with evasion means that you can avoid almost any AoE attack.
>>
File: MostlyHarmless.jpg (72KB, 634x498px) Image search: [Google]
MostlyHarmless.jpg
72KB, 634x498px
>>53187591
>What's the justification for that?
Conan
Mechanically, both are martial classes that have good mobility and rely on a small number of strikes to deal massive damage whilst using abilities to mitigate damage, so there's all sort of synergies.
>>
>>53187576
Roll 2d10. I haven't tried it, but I like the distribution of rolled values being skewed towards the middle.

Of course, this hits crit fishers like Orc Barbarians really hard. Think it through before you go for it.
>>
>>53187643
10-13 means a guaranteed failed save for enemies if you have somewhat decent INT.
>>
>>53187643
It's statistically impossible for you to roll 10 - 13 for every portent roll over the course of a campaign.
Even so, giving someone a 10 is fantastic in 5th since most monsters have REALLY shitty saves.
>>
>>53187650
>>53187654
If I decide not to be a caster type class then I'll look into that
>>
>>53187643
A 13 roll won't save the Beefy Bad Guy from my spell save DC on a mental save.
>>
> If you choose an object, that object must remain in its place, if the object is moved more than 10 feet from where you cast this spell, the glyph is broken

This seems like a stupid rule. why does moving the object, on which the glyph is inscribed, break the spell?
I want to be an explosives expert.
>>
>>53187679
It probably will when combined with his bonus
>>53187680
The whole spell is badly designed.
>>
>>53187654
>>53187650
I know it gets asked in 99% of threads bur I've forgotten, what's the best way to build a Barbarogue?
>>
>>53187669
If you go the caster route, divination wizard is probably your best bet for becoming incredibly powerful.
Warlock is a class that I have a love-hate relationship with. It's a great class to throw in a few small levels of in a multiclass, but if you end up going all in they're very underwhelming in the long run.

You basically get a taste of caster supremacy with warlock, but not the actual cake and they can make decent melee characters but not as good as paladin for example which will also have more spell slots than you do.
>>
File: NPC names.jpg (859KB, 2611x1958px) Image search: [Google]
NPC names.jpg
859KB, 2611x1958px
I'm about to DM a session with only 2 players. Anything I need to know about running with such a small group?
>>
>>53187706
Almost certainly barb 2/rogue x. Sneak attack is the most important scaling ability, and by barb 2 you've already hit the 3 essential synergy abilities.
>>
>>53187554
Only if they wanted to multiclass into it from something else.
>>
>>53187706
Just two levels of Barb nets you both Reckless Attack and Danger Sense.
After that it's just priority. If you want a lot of skills and such, go anywhere from 1 to 4 levels of rogue before dipping barb.

If you want a more barb focused build, just take a look at barb and rogue and see what you want the most out of their options and build accordingly.
The USUAL is 2barb/Xrogue though IIRC.
>>
File: Crazy_Hassan_in_the_Desert.jpg (545KB, 1980x1350px) Image search: [Google]
Crazy_Hassan_in_the_Desert.jpg
545KB, 1980x1350px
>>53187680
How can I build a wizard themed around explosives?
>>
>>53187706
>>53187741
Or rather, rogue x/barb 2, because you want the rogue level first.
>>
>>53184249
This would be a problem if it said 'You must take the cast a spell action'
But instead it says 'you must cast a spell using an action'
And even if it did, it says 'you cast the spell as normal' I think, so it would maybe apply considering 'casting the spell as normal' kind of implies the 'cast a spell' action.

>>53187706
Depends
>Tankiness
Focus dex+con, use shield+rapier. 5 levels of barbarian, bear barbarian (or maybe wolf if that's useful), rest of levels in rogue. You still want an okay-ish strength.
>Grappling/more decent damage
Use strength, two-weapon-fighting shortswords (Or if you're not keen on grappling, just rapier+shield still works). Barbarian 5 (Bear or wolf or consider battlerager might work quite well) rest of levels in rogue.

Neither have any particularly required feats.
>>
>>53187763
Ask your DM kindly to remove that part of the Glyph spell description.
Also, fireball with levels in rogue for Evasion so you can nuke yourself and still live.
>>
>>53187741
>>53187752
>>53187765
Alright, I'll do Rogue 1, Barbarian 2 and then Rogue X.
>>
>>53187763
Light Cleric.
>>
>>53187576
lower every DC by 5
>>
>>53187706
>>53187778
Also let me state:
5 levels of barbarian is important. 2 is half-assing it. If you're going to take 2 levels, you might as well go all the way to 5 to get extra attack. It's better damage-wise, it's better for grapples, it gets you all the other barbarian goodies (Archetype, an ASI, extra rage, +10ft movement speed)

Also, always start barbarian as it gives you str+con saves (Your dex saves wil already be great) and +2 total HP, though you'll lose one skill.
Start with a level barbarian, then a level of rogue, then choose one class to get to level 5 first, then do the other class. However, I kind of agree you could probably do 2 levels of barbarian, get rogue to 5 then do the other 3 levels of barbarian.
>>
>>53187763
You better come up with the equivalent of Alluha Akbar and say it anytime you explode something.
>>
>>53187750
You take the oath only when you are level 3. Until then you test out which justice you like.
>>
>>53187731
Make sure the combats are balanced for them. Check out the DMG for more details.
>>
>>53187827
True but I always ran under the assumption that they were trying to live to their oaths already. So they said them but had to achieve a better mental state (levels) to begin pulling strength from it.
>>
>>53187822
Eh, I'm not feeling the 5 levels. Basically my DM has some homebrew weapon thing in place that will make dual-wield Handaxe and Shortsword the best option and the lack of a third attack for 1d6+7 doesn't seem worth the loss of Rogue progression where I get cooler shit out of combat and still get +2d6 damage.
>>
>>53187787
May Talos the Stormlord bless your battles.

>>53187822
>5 is important
>2 is half-assing it
Depends on the character you want to play. The character you describe can be fun, but to be honest I don't see it benefiting all that much from rogue unless he's a grappler, and grappling doesn't happen in every group.
Barb2/RogueX has undeniable synergy.

>>53187859
It's possible they're already trying to adhere to the oath as a squire or something, but it's still cool to have an oath ceremony (night-long vigil, etc.) when officially entering into the knighthood.
All good options, depending on how you fluff the archetypes.
>>
Player added a continent in his bg, airships etc, he came here to run from bounty hunters.

I've been content with ignoring it until now but he has pressed about going back and settling things.

I don't want airships or steampunk, so I'm going to use a bbeg nuke and destroy his continent.

Is this shitty?
>>
>>53187943
Just explain to him that it doesn't fit in your setting.

No need to resort to petty shit.
>>
File: 1494349159709.jpg (98KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1494349159709.jpg
98KB, 544x626px
>>53187943
Its is kind of shitty but not wrong. You should have brought this up with the player as soon as you noticed it.
>>
>>53187828
I worried about having too many encounters. Right now I have about 9 encounters planned out. I hope that's not too many.
>>
>>53187963
Really he should've said something to begin with. He kinda dug this hole himself by not having an issue with it til now.
>>
>>53187943
You should never have allowed it in the first place.
Your best option now is to talk to the player. Anything else is shitty GM fiat.

>>53187987
For most groups, that's enough for 3-5 sessions.
>>
If a GM does 8 encounters as one long encounter, are they absolutely shit?
>>
>>53188003
Yeah, but I have to make the encounters smaller for a small party, so they don't get overwhelmed. I'm hoping that'll make the fights go faster. I want them to have enough XP to level up by the end.
>>
>>53187943
This >>53187963 is your only option. Anything else is a dick move.
>>
>>53187916
Well, 3 levels sneak attack is perhaps an average of 1.5*(3.5) or 5.25 damage (But more accurate if you take a bonus action) and extra attack is 1d6+[Modifier]+[RageDamage] for between 6.5 and 10.5 damage average.

If you're using two-weapon-fighting, you can use that extra attack to grapple (Since you can drop a weapon, grapple and still be able to sneak attack). If you're using a shield, you can use the extra attack to have an increased chance of sneak attack.

3 levels of barbarian is +6 HP.
You also get +10ft speed with the extra attack, which is good for fasting if you use a bonus or otherwise.. Eh.
You're also about one level less behind on ASIs since you grab one at barbarian 4.
You also get 3 rages/day instead of 2.
You also get archetype features - if I remember right, battlerager's is basically a better bonus attack than two-weapon-fighting (so you can use a shield) and allows you to deal damage by grappling. Bear barbarian is just for tankiness, wolf barbarian is pretty damn good team support.

Focusing rogue won't really give you too significant benefits in terms of out-of-combat ability. Expertise earlier and reliable talent earlier. Nothing to scoff at, but it's generally less applicable than the combat buffs you'll get from barbarian, unless you're in a very low combat game.

If you're planning on doing grappling, you should definitely aim for 5 levels of barbarian, at least.

>>53187929
It's also better for sword+boarders.
>>
>>53188042
You could do levelups by milestones.
That way you have full control of when you want them to level up. Or you can boost the XP numbers perhaps.
>>
>>53188009
>does 8 encounters as one long encounter
what the fuck. how long did that session take?
>>
Place your bets. What's the next adventure going to be about?
>>
>>53188058
4 weeks.
>>
Any if you deal with... "then I.."

Had an encounter with an ogre smashing down a gate. All the players readied actions.

Ogre charges through attacks player, that player goes theni throw out an illusion

I say no, he whines and argues, I give in to let things roll, I let this guy slide on tons of stuff

Kind of pisses me off, so I feel that I'm going to just disallow any wiggle room and be more firm
>>
>>53188056
If you're going to sword+board you really should not be playing a rogue tbhfam

>>53188059
Curse of Strahd 2: The Necrotic Bugaloo
>>
>>53188068
I'm sorry anon, maybe I'm not understanding. Did you have a single encounter stretch out for multiple sessions of play?
>>
File: C_j-BpxUQAEITNL.jpg (169KB, 1199x773px) Image search: [Google]
C_j-BpxUQAEITNL.jpg
169KB, 1199x773px
So I don't know if anyone's said anything about it yet, but WotC has announced when they are going to reveal the next storyline after SKT.

http://dnd.wizards.com/streamofannihilation

TL;DR version: it's an announcement of an upcoming announcement, which they will show/stream on Twitch, and have a lot of notable Twitch D&D streamers/players/DMs invited to show up, play/run games for broadcast.

So far, they've announced that people from Misscliks, Maze Arcana, Critical Role, and "Dice, Camera, Action!" with Chris Perkins, along with international gaming groups like the High Rollers (U.K.) and Dragon Friends (Australia).

The picture is what the D&D Twitter used for the tweet about the announcement.

Any ideas on what the storyline could be? So far we've dealt with Tiamat (dragons), some stuff from the Elemental Planes (Elemental Evil), the Underdark (underdark stuff plus a few Demon Lords), and now Giants with SKT.

So... My guess is probably the 9 Hells wants to do shit to FR again? It's the last big extraplanar thing not used so far.
>>
>>53188088
Wait I take that back, rapier+buckler swashbucklers are awesome
>>
>>53188057
Maybe. It's the first session, I wanted to do by encounters and see how that goes first. If it takes too long, or is too deadly I might do it some other way.

The book says 6-8 encounters is an "adventuring day" and level 1 PCs should get 300 XP by the end of it.
>>
>>53188096
Fuck, why did they go full sellout?
>>
>>53188056
>>53187929
Ran out of post space.

That is to say, if you're not using two-weapon-fighting (Particularly for dex barbarians), the second attack is pretty good for having two chances of sneak attack as well as the extra damage it brings, meaning it's simply just better in combat.

I will agree that if you want to go down the booming blade + green flame blade line, Barbarian2/ATx is pretty solid if you grab mobile, even if you can't use the cantrips while raging. GFB and BB both kinda benefit from having advantage quite a bit since you only get one attack.

If you don't have mobile though and you don't have a tanky set-up then you're kinda asking to get pretty beat up for abusing reckless attack, though.

>>53188088
Why? Rogue is one of the best sword+boarders simply because barbarogue is a thing.
>>
>>53188101
Keep in mind that not all "encounters" has to be fights.
Can be things like traps, environmental hazards, helping NPC's with various stuff.
>>
>>53188096
Give me Planescape or give me death.
>>
>>53188092
I wasn't the GM, but yeah, stayed in the same initiative count and everything.
>>
>>53187505
I don't have any real life friends ok. And there's no so called "Game store" near me.
>>
>>53188113
They did basically the same thing with SKT. What's the matter?
>>
>>53188122
I'm going to be honest, I haven't read the whole DMG and it's kind of all over the place mixing important, trivial and irrelevant information all together. How do I know how much XP to give for successfully dealing with a trap?
>>
>>53188172
What did they do with SKT? More penetration is good.
>>
>>53188156
Your DM is garbage. I cannot think of a single reason why I would subject myself to that.
>>
>>53188096
>Any ideas on what the storyline could be?
Forgotten Realms, concerning the Ring of Winter, including some writing input from Pendleton Ward. This has been known for months.
>>
>>53188156
4 weeks of combat? Geez, was that a open field battle between armies or something?
>>
>DM gives the fighter with 3 attacks a greatsword that does two attacks per attack
>They have GWM
but why
>>
>>53187576
Play better. This may require changing your DM's attitude.
>>
>>53188341
Probably involving the Undermountain too
>>
Question, is throwing a flask of alchemist fire a Use an Object action?
>>
>>53188437
No
>>
>>53188397
Player is either a friend, sexbuddy or both.
The DM is entirely fucking retarded.
>>
>>53188437
Yes, unless you mean the Artificer version, I'd rule that an attack personally.
>>
>>53188397
Because fuck magic
>>
>>53188096
What's their twitch name?
>>
>>53188306
All in the name of a story, I guess.

>>53188354
Nah, it was in a cavern.
>>
>>53187786
Just be a Wot4E monk so you get both fireball and evasion from your class.
>>
>>53188506
How many hours of actual play time was it?
>>
File: 1480893771459.jpg (213KB, 337x368px) Image search: [Google]
1480893771459.jpg
213KB, 337x368px
>>53188523
>Just be a Wot4E monk
>>
>>53188527
Not very long, something like 6 hours all up.
>>
>>53188075
What did the players ready? Also, sounds like maybe he was copying/using the illusionist ability?
>>
>>53187778
>it says 'you must cast a spell using an action'
You think you're making a point, but you're actually just a faggot munchkin.
>>
>>53188500

Just look at the article; there's a link to the official D&D Twitch channel in it.
>>
Just to make sure I'm reading this correctly.

So a fighter monk

Could get a total of 8 attacks if combined with the monks ki extra attacks and fighters action surge?

2 attacks because level 5
bonus action adds an extra 2 attacks from ki
Then action surge which gives you another attack action action and another bonus action

So another 2 attacks and 2 extra attacks from ki
>>
>>53188440
>No
>>53188463
>Yes
Fucking /5eg/. It's yes, btw.
>>
>>53188675
The confusion comes from "make an improvised weapon attack", people always seem to forget that "make an attack ≠ use the Attack action".
>>
>>53188664
Action surge does not give you another bonus action. You need to learn to read.

WotC needs to learn to write.
>>
>>53188664
If you mean Fighter 2/Monk 5+, then no.

Two Attack actions, spend a Ki point for Flurry of Blows (2 more attacks), Action Surge gets you another Action for Two Attack actions.

Action Surge doesn't get you another Action and Bonus Action. Just another Action.
>>
>>53188675
>>53188709
Yeah, I was checking for that.
I'm making a sapper archetype for the alchemist and I wanted to word it right.

Throwing daggers with a launcher meant for explosives is not something I want to happen.
>>
Okay so like the moon descending upon the world and like, the PCs go around and do PC stuff trying to stop it from crashing into them,
and they learn that there's no way to stop it from this distance (kinda like Armageddon) so they actually have to get on the moon somehow
BUT when they actually get on the moon they're informed by its steward that the moon in fact is good and it sought out heroes to pilot it farther into the universe to battle an greater evil

What do you guys think that's what I want to do
>>
>>53188723
Starting at 2nd level, you can push yourself beyond your normal limits for a moment. On your turn, you can take one additional action on top of your regular action and a possible bonus action
>>
>>53188500
Not knowing the D&D twitch stream for Dice, Camera, Action.
>>
>>53188749
Yeah it's worded poorly because wizards has no idea what they're doing. Hence why this edition exists.
>>
File: archer6.jpg (102KB, 720x554px) Image search: [Google]
archer6.jpg
102KB, 720x554px
what's the best archer build, either based on damage output, or sheer number of arrows fired?

I'm caught between a fighter with archery focus, or a ranger for the volley and useful spells
>>
>>53188749
>>53188768
What's hard to understand about this?
>>
>>53188749
It's talking about the bonus action you already have, I know it's worded retardedly but trust us. It's been nonstop cleared up that you get 2 Actions, 1 Bonus Action since the edition came out.
>>
>>53188749
>you can take one additional action.
>when you've used up your action and a bonus action
Note it doesn't give another bonus action on top of that.

Learn to read.
>>
>>53188770
Ranger Revised Hunter is really strong from a sheer DPS standpoint.
>>
>>53188789
Nah. It's very badly worded, it literally looks like you get an extra action learn to kill yourself.
>>
>>53188770
Damage? Sharpshooter Fighter.

Arrows fired? Sharpshooter Fighter or Hunter if your DM sends hordes of enemies at you.
>>
>>53188768
>>53188778
>>53188786
>>53188789
It's actually not difficult to understand at all.
>>
>>53188397
He wants an evil campaign. Hurry up and kill him in his sleep with it.
>>
>>53188805
No, no it's really not. You just need to understand the words.
It's telling you only get an additional action on top of the actions you've already spent. How is that fucking difficult to comprehend?
>>
>>53188840
Nah it really does. Stop shitposting, you're just shitting up the general with your autism.
>>
>>53188805
>>53188852
You need to get better at English and you need to learn how to construct actually coherent sentences.
>inb4 you were only pretending to be retarded.
You're a literal fucking retard.

Learn to fucking read, you fucking retard. You can sound out the words if it's difficult for your tiny brain.
>>
>>53188770
sharpshooter battlemaster fighter is insane damage wise. Get some buffs like haste and you will do 80% of your groups damage every turn
>>
>>53188890
Autist pls go
>>
>>53188913
You sure told me, you fucking illiterate piece of shit. Go crying to your friends. Oh wait, you have none.

Learn to fucking read, you fucking literal retard. It's only you who is the fucking illiterate shitter who can't comprehend a simple sentence.
>>
So anyone played an assassin with elf accuracy. Seems like overkill.
>>
>>53188932
Barbarian/Champion with Elven Accuracy.

It doesn't really do much for assassin's because they already crit, if anything BB/GFB Rogues would be best with it.
>>
>>53188437
Jeremy 'Backtrack' Crawford has basically said that something needs to be labeled Use an Object to be applicable, then in the tweet after basically says as long as it's not "activating a magic item" then you can fend for yourself on the ruling, which basically means as long as your DM doesn't stop you.
http://www.sageadvice.eu/2016/07/04/use-an-object-action/
>>
>>53188969
>Jeremy 'Backtrack' Crawford
>'Backtrack'
l-lewd
>>
>>53188969
That is specifically asking about magic items and the DMG has a specific answer about magic items. It doesn't actually say anything about the mundane equipment and adventuring supplies. Fortunately the rules there are perfectly clear.
>>
>>53188950
Well for an assassin it means you will probably never miss.

If you do one of those rogue fighter monk assassins for a million attacks.
>>
>>53188165
I'll take the open seat.
>>
>>53188437
Yes, it is, and yes, thief rogues can throw a flask of it as a bonus action.
>>
>>53188931
see>>53188913
>>53188852
>>53188805
>>
File: bestgirl.png (463KB, 1265x712px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.png
463KB, 1265x712px
>>53189091
Its pretty easy to read fampai, maybe you should learn English.
>>
All this talk of Rogues reminds me of a thing I've had bumping around for a while.

>Surprise Attacks are criticals for everyone, not just Assassins
>Assassin gets something else to make up for it, such as an ability to get Surprise in combat

Result
>The Ranger that sneak attacks the unsuspecting Orc does more damage than a normal attack, though the Rogue, who's specifically trained in it, still does it better
>Sneaking up on sleeping enemies is autocrits instead of the current somewhat shit situation

Trouble then is making something for Assassin that's worth taking without being too OP, since now any Rogue gets their ability for free and, quite frankly, Assassin is dogshit outside Assassinate.

Also maybe it'd be better to say only the first attack is a critical, otherwise a Fighter action surging is flat-out better than an Assassin.
>>
>tfw will never have a trap gf that plays dnd with me
>>
You folks think we'll get PHB 2 for Holiday 2017? or sooner?

Also, since the dust has settled a bit, how do you folks think the Mystic will be altered?
>>
>>53189206
>>53186527

don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
>>53188341
I fucking hope not, the Forgotten Realms has been done to death.
We need Planescape or any other setting.
>>
>>53189234
Pathfinder is shit tier.
>>
File: Capture.png (22KB, 561x149px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
22KB, 561x149px
>>53189230
I see them changing Mastery of Light and Darkness's "summon shadow" to something else, I can only assume they didn't think about the broken potential of Strength Drain.
>>
>>53189247
My money is on Dark Sun
>>
>>53189256
Then I guess it's got something in common with traps.
>>
>>53189269
>>53189234
>>53189156
Bros, let's not engage the severely autistic shitposter please.
>>
>>53189262
That would be pretty sweet, yeah.
>>
>>53189247
Didn't they announce a Planescape: Torment remake "recently"? Could be that.
>>
File: 1482304857281.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482304857281.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
I'm autistic, and I need to homebrew something. What is a glaringly obvious niche that hasn't been covered by the books or UA? I'm thinking summoners, but I'm not sure I want to bother balancing summoners.
>>
>>53189330
The only glaring niche that the books have missed is your wider than the universe mom. Stat that.
>>
File: 1437414735636.jpg (31KB, 448x419px) Image search: [Google]
1437414735636.jpg
31KB, 448x419px
>>53189322
>An adventure for levels 1-15!
>Defeat the Lady of Pain, and hop through various planes as your favorite races*!
>*does not include Gith, Modron, or any other enjoyable race
>>
>>53189330
dedicated summoners have no place in 5e. Combat is enough of an HP slog as it is

Make an Arcane variant of the Ranger/Paladin. Int as casting stat, half spell progression, fighting style at 2nd level d10 hit die etc
>>
>>53189363
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>53189322
Nah, can't be that, dude. The remastered version has been out on Steam for a while now. Possibly on GOG too.
>>
File: 1489666749349m.jpg (109KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1489666749349m.jpg
109KB, 768x1024px
How broken would fighter 5/immortal mystic 15 be?

Would adding extra attack, action surge, and fighting style on top of an already versatile class be a good move to make it more versatile in melee?

I know, don't multi class UA but figured I'd still ask because I'm a retarded scrub who can't figure shit out on his own
>>
>>53189382
No, make your mom. She Who Is Wider Than The Universe and Great Devourer of Cheese and Twinkies.

Also, make hamplanets and asteroids. In a pdf using homebrewery, we don't want your shit cluttering these threads.
>>
>>53189330
A mounted subclass that actually gets a mount with scaling defences.

First thing thought of.
>>
>>53189330
I know people scream autistically about it, but a Warlord would be cool to see.
>>
>>53189476
>>53189380
He should make the Great Cheese Devourer and Begger of Ham. But if he can't even get the system right, there's really no hope of him getting anything right.
>>
>>53189508
>>53189507
>>53189476
>>53189432
>>53189380
If he's retarded enough to use 3.5 as a lazy cop out and not even bother to use the 5e owlbear, what he's going to "make" is going to be horrendously and irredeemably shit.
>>
>>53188811
It is if you're unaware of the Oxford comma. A comma before that "and" would have made it 2 actions and 2 bonus actions
>>
>>53189562
Or it's easy to understand if you understand English and aren't a severely autistic retard.
>>
>>53189562
Not seeing anything wrong with the wording. Only little shits who want to twist the wording to get insane attack routines would have a problem with it.
>>
>>53189374
>If it's not uber special it's not enjoyable

Sounds like you need to work on making better characters.
>>
>>53189628
>everyone should play a human fighter
Sounds like you need work on making better arguments. I hope that you get hired at WotC to explain why you don't include typical Planescape features because you don't want snowflake races.

t. Dragonborn-Tiefling Paladin.
>>
>Some people play AL league at home with their friends

Can someone please explain this tomfuckery to me? How is this different than just running a regular home campaign?
>>
>>53189562
Don't bring Oxford Comma Man into this fight. You don't want that.
>>
>>53189655
Nice strawman you make it yourself snowflake?

I'd be less inclined to think you weren't one of two types:
>Has to have some special race then base the character around that making it pretty much the only thing interesting about their character.
>Someone pretending to be retarded

If you had actually posted anything to prove me wrong. Which you failed to do in any way.
>>
>>53189655
>Dragonborn-Tiefling Paladin.
Half-dragon, classic tiefling, tiefling (4E fluff), dragonborn (3E fluff).
>>
>>53189662
You can bring your character to other AL games, and no one can stop you.
>>
Anyone feel like giving me some feedback on an adventure I have planned? The DM for my group wants to be a player every once in a while so I said I would do a couple side quests. I have never DMed before and I tried to exercise my lazy creativity so I didn't want to use a premade adventure.
>>
>Artificer Mechanical Servant

>Change from "Any Large CR2 or lower beast" to "Any CR2 or lower beast, it becomes Large if it's not"

Does this break anything?
>>
File: Ass.png (31KB, 659x255px) Image search: [Google]
Ass.png
31KB, 659x255px
For the people who missed getting a Touch of Class last week

https://volafile.org/r/bu2raax8
>>
File: tuvCN6-E.jpg (114KB, 1049x1049px) Image search: [Google]
tuvCN6-E.jpg
114KB, 1049x1049px
>>53189922
>large mechanical flying snake
>>
>>53189256
better than 5e
>>
File: pfg discovers 5e.png (229KB, 525x248px) Image search: [Google]
pfg discovers 5e.png
229KB, 525x248px
>>53189992
Sorry about the lack of kitsunes, anon.
>>
File: Capture.png (76KB, 562x453px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
76KB, 562x453px
>>53189976
You are like little babby, BEHOLD.

After looking at the list itself the only other CR2 creatures it'd allow are this and a Constrictor.
>>
so i was thinking about trying out the psionic UA. what am i in store for?
>>
How do I start a campaign? I'm beginning with Sunless Citadel and I have no idea what to do right at the beginning of the adventure to get them to actually explore the place.

Would telling them while they make their characters that they should all be recent recruits into a mercenary company and this is the first order they've received be too railroady? I was thinking of them being mercenaries at the start but eventually the company gets wiped out once they all know each other well enough to keep together.
>>
>>53190052
The start of Sunless gives plenty of hooks. Hearing about the magical fruits, hearing about the missing merchant kids, and so on.

I would recommend telling them that each character has to know at least one other in their backstories. That really draws together a party naturally.
>>
>>53188096
Going by the mouth of evil thingo I'd say Acerak and the Return to the Tomb of Horrors
>>
>>53190158
>Return of the Tomb of Horrors

Anon I.........
>>
>>53190106
My idea was that they were pre-hired to go talk to the woman about the merchant kids. Otherwise I'm just not confident in my ability to steer them towards her or their ability to latch onto the plot hook.

I was thinking I'd start them directly at the tavern first thing, so I could always just tell them to tie their characters together and have them approached by the Woman asking for help.

Another thing that I have to ask for help for. How do I manage to have NPC's react to a party of a Kobold, a Tabaxi and a Lizardfolk that doesn't end with them being run out of town? I don't mind DMing for the furfags first time but I really wish they kept their powerlevels down.
>>
>>53190175
No, Return to the Tomb of Horrors
>>
Got a small, 3-man group that's about to do Strahd. I'm making a human paladin. don't know what the others are making. Can I get some suggestions for my complimentary feat? At first I was thinking Sentinel but I don't know how useful that would be in such a small group. Would I be better off with Heavy Armor Mastery or Toughness instead?
>>
>>53190185
Regard them with apprehension, especially the kobold. Make sure to stress that the NPCs won't directly address it, instead talking to it through either of the others.

The other two get nervous looks, but are generally considered to be more civilized than a kobold.
>>
How bad is it that our DM gives us random stuff from the Magic Item Compendium?
>>
>>53190276
HAM is good at low levels and becomes pretty worthless relatively quickly

Polearm Master is the top damage option for pallys, should you want to be a damage dealer

shield master is good for tanking and giving your friends/ yourself advantage on melee
>>
>tfw all your prep work is done
>next game isn't for 6 days

oh
>>
>>53190360
>HAM is good at low levels and becomes pretty worthless relatively quickly
Absolutely incorrect. It starts out at 20-50% damage reduction and ends up becoming 15-30% damage reduction per hit. Stronger enemies usually attack more and hit more, but not necessarily much harder per hit.
>>
Guys I want to take a crack at designing a beholder's lair, but I'm at a loss as to how to do it. Are there any simple 3D modeling programs I could get for free?
>>
>>53190402
it's -3 damage from nonmagical piercing/slashing/bludgeoning. he's playing CoS

it's shit lad. If all you do is fight bandits and thugs with nonmagic standard weapons then sure
>>
>>53190402
This is true, against Dragons for instance it's a 3-9 DR per turn, which may not sound too high for the damage it deals but over the course of a day it can easily be 30+ extra Health and if there's lots of littler things way more. Against anything really it's good and is much better then tough because it gives the +1 STR.

If you're a melee character and have the feat to spare it's a godsend through out the whole game if you pick it up at level one.
>>
I've been playing Storm King's Thunder, and my players just overthrew the cloud giants (They want to overthrow all of them) and even took Lyn Armall. Now they want to rennovate it. How much would it likely cost for all those changes? Adding stairs, fixing doors/adding elevators, replacing all the furniture with furniture humans can actually use, and so on. I figure the giant furniture could possibly equal the cost of the normal furniture, but the rest stumps me.
>>
>>53190429
In CoS you are often fighting:
- beasts
- berserkers
- lycanthropes
- bandits
- animated undead

All of which deal nonmagical DPS most of the time.

There are only a handful of fights in CoS where HAM is specifically useless.
>>
>>53190429
Go through the MM and find the amount of creatures with magical attacks. Even at high levels the majority of creatures will be using an attack with those damage types and it won't be magical.

If your DM counters it with magical weapons on enemies then you've just gotten a bunch of magical weapons.
>>
>>53189584
>>53189618

I'm just saying that a person who isn't very good with English or whose mother tongue isn't English might miss the meaning of that sentence. In my language, for example, "and" is never seperated by a comma when listing things, thus the nuances you can create by using or not using an Oxford comma are lost and that sentence could be interpreted either way.
>>
>>53190440
Don't Lyn Armall have "enough" treasure for that?
>>
>>53190512
That's what I'm trying to figure out. They didn't get the conch or the valuables inside the magic chest, but did get all the other treasures.It feels like it would cost a lot of money to completley alter a castle to actually be usable by humans.
>>
>>53190402
>Everyone laughed when I came to the table with a Sword and Board Champion with HAM

Level 15 and everyone's finally realised that I've never been under a quarter of my HP. Can't wait until I get the regeneration.

Also am I the only one who thinks Champions get the coolest capstone in the game? Their level 3 might not be that great if your party rests a lot but at least they get more then "+1 Average damage when you use your dice" like Battlemaster.
>>
File: 1489520830531.jpg (42KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1489520830531.jpg
42KB, 600x800px
>>53190362
I know that feeling
>>
Hey anons, English isn't my first language and I'm in the process of making a neutral evil character but I don't want to end up being That Guy. How would you describe someone who is self-serving (like in the neutral evil sense), but carefully considers consequences (the party will turn against the character) and so acts with thought and caution. Is "political" the correct term?

inb4 get rid of alignments
>>
>>53190362
D-do you wanna share it with us anon? I just played yesterday but I didn't get my fix, I want to play some more.
>>
>>53190610
That's just Lawful Evil
>>
We're in a town full of goblins in out campaign. But goblins are mad squishy. We're sneaking through it right now. Should we just fight them?
>>
>>53190018
Is this the reason Pathfinder seems to draw so many fucking degenerates? Simply because there's so many (creatively bankrupt) character options?
>>
File: 1488103939644.jpg (108KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
1488103939644.jpg
108KB, 540x562px
holy fug I've finally seen the light, and it is a robot dinosaur. I never bothered to look at how Artificer abilities can be used together.

>Artificer with one level in Fighter or any other class with shield prof.
>Alchemist spec
>Mounted Combatant
>Allosaurus mech

>Get in melee range
>Take Dodge action
>Have mount attack
>Attacks aimed at mount get sent to you instead with disadvantage, should rarely get hit thanks to medium armor and a shield
>When an attack gets sent back to you you can use your (and your mount's) reaction to let it make an attack

>Artificer of all things is the best mounted class

Plus you can be a shield-wielding vial-throwing tough son of a bitch without the robot too, so that's cool.
>>
How do I run a session where the players actually dominate the dungeon, and the enemies are the ones actually trespassing it?

Other than scheduling rounds for waves of enemies invading through the windows to the stronghold
>>
File: b070a041f822d03b88db42b8702f309c.jpg (284KB, 870x1305px) Image search: [Google]
b070a041f822d03b88db42b8702f309c.jpg
284KB, 870x1305px
>>53190647
>>
>>53190510
But you're not that autistic retard, you're all good.
>>
>>53190661

If you're dipping fighter, why not take the plate?
>>
>>53189560
Anon the 3.5 Owlbear is a meme. Get with the times, geezer (alternatively lurk moar newfriend)
>>
>>53190185
Wait, are they going to be a kobold from the sunless citadel or are they from somewhere else?
>>
>>53190660
It enables them to make their fursona so of course.
>>
How would you make combat more interesting in this edition?
>>
>>53190710
Because Plate is hella expensive, but mostly because
>any class that gets a shield

Fighter 1 or 2 seems like it'd likely be the best choice though.
>>
>>53190726
No one gives a shit. Fuck up pfg if you want to be a nuisance. Alternatively design something actually worthwhile.
>>
>>53190276
Inspiring Leader/Healer may be other mentionable options, particularly for helping your party, but again are less useful in a small party. Inspiring Leader is great if you can organize a peasant mob though.
>>
>>53190740
Encourage players to use their environment and put things for them to use.
>>
>>53190795
How about the classes themselves?
>>
I had a new player playing a shephard druid in a low-level game and discovered its true power the other day. The bear spirit they can summon? Its temporary HP doesn't go away once the spirit is gone. You use that at the beginning of the day and rest up for an hour before adventuring and the entire party has an extra 5+level temporary HP, that you can pull again once per short rest. It's super-strong, basically a max-cha inspiring leader as one of its main subclass features.

Then stack that on Conjure Animals with the extra HP your summoned creatures get and it really starts getting crazy.
>>
>>53190728
They haven't made the characters yet, I think it might be easier if he wants to be from somewhere else but I'll give him the offer.
>>
>>53190764
I'm not the guy whose mom you insulted, nor was the person posting the owlbear meme the same person most likely. So you're arguing with 3 different people and being childish at that. Now calm the fuck down and gtfo of here you inbred autist fuck.
>>
File: 1450603419839.jpg (426KB, 1024x687px) Image search: [Google]
1450603419839.jpg
426KB, 1024x687px
>>53190660
It's that horrible mix of crunch, and d20.
>>
So 5E D&D , with an OSR Hexcrawl and Apocalypse World fronts and moves.

Any campaign design tips ? Am I high ?
>>
>>53190575
Yeah, champions get a lot better as you collect your fighter's class features, and +1 average result on your die is even less noticeable in the best BM maneuvers. By the end you can deal very nearly as much damage while also being much tougher.
>>
>>53190820
You think that's crazy? Conjure Animals in a Wolf Spirit zone, now your Cure Wounds heals all those animals and all your allies an amount equal to your level.

When you get conjure animals it it effectively lets you heal an easy 30+ HP with 5 people in the party plus another 5 per animal.
>>
>>53190661
Wait, an Allosaurus is possible with Mechanical Servant?
>>
>>53190338
Depends how serious, and how long the campaign is supposed to be. Also depends on which tables.
>>
>>53189919
Sure, spill it out.
>>
>>53190838
Sure you aren't, whatever you say little crybaby. If no one hurt your feefees, design something actually worthwhile.
>>
File: allosaurus.png (82KB, 556x488px) Image search: [Google]
allosaurus.png
82KB, 556x488px
>>53190885
hell yeah motherfucker.

Allosaurus is a CR2 Large Beast.
>>
>>53190628
Mm, I don't know. Lawful Evil might make the DM assume my character has a set code she strictly abides by. I'm thinking she doesn't and just acts however is good for her-- including in the long run. Or is that still Lawful Evil
>>
>>53190862
I think Battlemaster draws such a cult following because at level 3 it's really good. Each Short Rest you're healing, you're action surging and your using dice which are all good.

Champion has the weakest level 3, there's no denying that but I dare say everyone of it's later abilities are better then what the Battlemaster gets. If your group won't be playing at levels 7+ for long then Battlemaster will feel much better, but if you do like us then Champion's a perfectly viable option.
>>
>>53190425
Kek why do you need a 3D modelling program
>>
>>53190829
I think he would basically be Meepo if he took that option, but it'd also be interesting if he were meeting another tribe.
>>
>>53190838
The truth hurts doesn't it? You can keep snivelling or you can be actually helpful and actually create something for 5e. Don't you want to do that? Otherwise fuck off, note the spelling, to pfg.
>>
>>53190839

>Milk and diet Pepsi

Do... Do people actually drink that?
>>
File: 1494439445597.png (2MB, 1169x893px) Image search: [Google]
1494439445597.png
2MB, 1169x893px
Is pic related what happens when the mind flayers get a hold of your brain?
>>
>>53190965
Nah, that's how it feels to become a GOOlock.
>>
>>53190610
Get rid of alignments. What is your goal? To complete a thought experiment on what on 9 boxes you are, or to make a character? This is a non-rhetorical question.
>>
What are some good rituals from the wizard and cleric spell lists? Haven't crawled through all the available material and arcana yet.
>>
>>53190950
Milk and Pepsi is a real thing. It's not as gross as it sounds, though it's definitely an acquired taste.

That said, that image is 100% just visual shitposting. It's in a Coca-Cola pint glass, ffs.
>>
>>53190535
Make it cost all of it. That is generous, your players get a damn castle.
>>
File: 1265562276265.jpg (30KB, 300x388px) Image search: [Google]
1265562276265.jpg
30KB, 300x388px
>>53190965
more like this
>>
>I'm gonna jump off a thousand foot high cliff
>Then after reaching terminal velocity turn into a goldfish
>Because if I hit the water nothing will happen

Holy fuck why does Marisha live up to her reputation every single day.
>>
>>53190950
I mean people drink ice cream soda floats. Those are disgusting unless you're really desensitized to sugar, but actually fine if you use sparkling water. Much cleaner flavor.

In fact, sparkling water, milk and some chocolate syrup makes a new york egg cream which is actually really refreshing
>>
>>53191018
1.To make a consistent character whose mindset is different from mine, thus my reliance, but not complete dependence, on alignments.
2. To ask my DM if he's fine with evil characters without having to make him read a huge wall of text, yet letting him know that I don't plan on playing an edgelord.

I don't care for alignments either (though I'm not opposed to using them as guidelines), but my DM is sort of a stranger and I've never played D&D.
>>
File: Ainsley the oil is ready.gif (2MB, 300x257px) Image search: [Google]
Ainsley the oil is ready.gif
2MB, 300x257px
>>53191132
>everyone else's face when she just went along with it
>Travis going "Yeah, I would have stopped at 1000 foot cliff"
>>
>>53191132
The best way is to just Misty Step when you are about to hit the bottom
>>
File: 1491007570967.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1491007570967.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>53191192
Fucking Travis's reaction was the best, even better is he was the only one who pointed out it wouldn't matter if she hit rocks or water.
>>
>>53191101
Your dentist is about to perform a cavity search.
>>
>>53191243
That could work, but it's Keyleth so logic doesn't matter even though she has a fuck huge wisdom score.
>>
>>53191143
Counterpoint: people drink cream soda, but sparkling water is goddamn disgusting. Just give me clean water, ffs.
>>
File: 1466557246548.jpg (67KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
1466557246548.jpg
67KB, 736x736px
What Fighter archetype is the BEST?
>>
>>53191305
Banneret. It's the best because fuck you, that's what you get if you have to ask.
>>
>>53191305
Champion.
>>
>>53191305
Battlemaster
>>
>>53191305
FOOLISH SAMURAI WARRIOR
>>
Name a race/class combination sillier than tiefling druid.
>>
>>53191305
Battle Master is the mechanically superior choice, but Monster Hunter is BEST.
>>
>>53191191

Just do what everyone else does , make your character chaotic neutral and play him however the fuck you want.
>>
>>53191357
Gnome Barbarian
>>
>>53189261
It looks fantastic in paper, but they never, ever, hit anything. They are good if you wanna genocide something at night.
>>
>>53191305
Champion or Sharpshooter.
>>
>I join group
>Literally spend 3 weeks in advance fleshing out my character, watching tutorials, personalizing my own character sheet and even getting a commission done

>New guy joins
>"I don't know anything"
>DM literally spends 2 hours of our 3 hour session with him trying to create his character

Now I don't hate him or anything, but I can't help but feel upset that he seemed to have put in absolutely zero effort in this. Now that his character is made he doesn't seem half bad and I'm sure we'll have a fun time as he learns, but I feel like he wasted all of our time. Is it ok to feel this way, or am I an autistic sperglord?
>>
>>53191398
>Sharpshooter
Literally the worst. How does it feel to be the least satisfying UA subpath?
>>
So I'm playing a paladin in an upcoming one-shot and I wanted his crest to be that of a moose and he'd Summon Steed a moose as well. I thought it would be sort of funny and unique, a bit different from the normal "Knight on a White Horse" trope.

So I'm no artist, but I thought maybe I'd try my hand at sketching my characters shield with a moose head stencil on it. Pic related.

I posted it in the group facebook and people are saying it looks like a uterus. Fuck me. It's making me not even want to play this character idea that I was excited for at first.

Should I just never bother trying to draw or sketch anything for my character's again?
>>
>>53191289
Sparkling water is good if you think of it as "unflavored soda". It's also cheaper than soda. So whenever I feel like drinking a coke or something I drink sparkling water instead, which has the added benefits of being cheaper and not fucking up your teeth

Making lemonade and similar drinks with sparkling water, now that's a riddle for the ages
>>
>>53191434
I'd be pretty annoyed
>>
>>53191191
Just make up a character, and let the DM figure out you alignment if he cares. If he demands an alignment write down Chaotic Neutral, and ignore alignment until he alignment shifts you.

If you focus on your character you'll succeed on every level but being accurate with the alignment box at the top. Now all you have to do is worry about making the other players hate you in real life, which is much easier to do when you don't sign off on the baby killing alignment.

If you want to play an evil person then research them. There are plenty of murderers, but we only really notice the indignant ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlk_sRU49TI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVGv7BcqgVM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2Eu_fUjNig
https://youtu.be/e-BY8_tGX9M?t=1m51s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxMZdvSv61M
>>
>>53190660
Yes. D&D has neither a changeling race nor witch class, which is the closest thing to hags, which is my fetish.
>>
>>53187352
>GWM Cleric
>no dedicated healer

What? Don't Clerics not get any of the worthwhile two-handed weapons? Aren't Clerics the most dedicated healers of all?
>>
>>53191446
You mean the one with much better burst damage then a Battlemaster past level 5? With real abilities instead of +1 damage for all of them?

Pretty good.
>>
>>53191446
>least satisfying
>not "your arrows are like magic spells! But only 2 of them; then you have to take a nap."
>>
>>53191357
How is that silly, RAW you could be the furred and antlered descendant of a pagan demon.
>>
>>53191450
>not fucking up your teeth
You know that's a myth, right? Drinking acid is still bad for your teeth. It hardly matters that you've excluded the carbohydrates.
>>
>>53191481
War Clerics, Tempest Clerics and Death Clerics all get martial weapon proficiencies so they do...

I'm guessing to anon, "dedicated healer" might mean "Life Cleric or GTFO", or maybe their cleric just doesn't bother with heals and plays like a Paladin or something...
>>
>>53191496
It's in writing. Everyone knows. There's no point in denying it.
>>
>>53191398
>>53191332
>Champion

This is a joke, isn't it?

>>53191356

If this was an archetype then it would, indeed, be the best.
>>
>>53191580
If you aren't a life domain, I think it's possible for a cleric to prepare 0 healing spells.
>>
>>53191305
Samurai. It's just a better precision strike on a stick.
>>
>>53191574
You're making quite the assumption about my assumptions. That is not why I think soda is bad for your teeth. Soda water is barely more acidic than normal water
>>
>>53191602
>champion
People just want to fuck shit up in melee and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>53191625
Sparkling water*
>>
>>53191625
Do you make your own soap yet?
>>
>>53191481
Clerics of Storm and War get proficiency with martial weapons, and War Priest uses both an action and a bonus action so you won't as often just pop a heal each turn with one then attack with the other.
>>
Level 5 their ability gives them +8 damage twice and +16 when they action surge for +32, battlemaster's 4 dice add up to +16 with some decent side effects.

Level 7 I'd say those are equal.

Level 10 Sharpshooter gets melee shots and a free disengage which is decent but nothing special. Battlemaster gets two more manuvers even though there's only 3-5 good ones and +1 Average damage with their dice.

Level 15 Sharpshooter now likely gets an extra attack with a Longbow bringing their consistent damage slightly more wild but about the same as Handcrossbow. Battlemaster's just scales and now they get a free die sometimes which is pretty cool.

Level 18 Sharpshooter wins no question.

Past level 5 Sharpshooter deals way more damage with it's ability then Battlemaster will do. Battlemaster can use other weapons and has some tricky stuff but that's it.

>>53191602
>This is a joke, isn't it?
Not past level 7. Battlemaster never gets better after it's strong start.
>>
>>53191644
So buying sparkling water rather than soda when I'm at the store means is equivalent to being a hippie who makes his own soap? You should talk it over with a dentist.
>>
>>53191654
>>53191446
Sorry that was to link to you, Sharpshooter's fine but most people judged it way to harshly.
>>
>>53191488
So it's better than a battlemaster, twice and then you need a short rest, where baseline battlemaster has four and it goes up from there.
>>
File: bugbear.jpg (257KB, 1000x1454px) Image search: [Google]
bugbear.jpg
257KB, 1000x1454px
Was there any other monster they fucked up more in 5E than Bugbears?
>>
>>53191654
Battle master starts at a guaranteed 18 damage and scales up to 39. sharpshooter starts at 12 damage you have to roll for, but scales up to 240? Also has to be clumped on one tough target somewhat more.
>>
>>53191452
>>53191384
That... actually sounds like a good idea. Thanks so much!
>>
How much damage on average is the battlemaster, the champion, the eldritch knight and the other melee classes dealing out at 20th level?
>>
>>53191677
Sparkling water is disgusting shit that has no redeeming qualities next to just drinking water is my point. Also, making fun of you because we're past post limit.
>>
>>53191690
Three times, and those all add to every attack in the round.

So at the point of all abilities they can do much, much, much higher damage then all of a battlemasters dice can do three times per rest and have a higher average damage then a Battlemaster with handcrossbow.

The impotent thing to remember is tripping, disarming and all that are cool but the best thing you can do to an enemy is kill them.

>>53191724
Sharpshooter starts weaker but level 5 is where they find their place. People short rest every 2-4 combats from my experience and the Sharpshooter's burst will let them completely fuck over multiple enemies in any combat they activate it.
>>
>>53191740
Well "average" damage implies no resources and stuff which puts Champion ahead.

There's so many abilities at that point that average damage is near impossible to guess.
>>
>>53191751
Did you miss the egg cream mention earlier? Enabling the creation of egg cream would make it worthy of existing by itself. It's also used for cocktails and such but who cares when there's egg cream
>>
>>53187943
You can always have things be not what he thought it was. Magic, disguised as technology, some sort of long ago power grab using the "resources of the people" or some such.

Even things like firearms could actually be wands, disguised as some sort of portable cannon.
>>
File: d&d beasts vargouille.jpg (29KB, 450x322px) Image search: [Google]
d&d beasts vargouille.jpg
29KB, 450x322px
Getting a demon familiar in the form of a
Vargouille, as a LG zealous inquisitor-crusader type Cleric, how do I roleplay this?
So far I have:
1. Demons are God's way of punishing non-believers (might be a problem if we have to go up against any demons)
2. Using evil to fight evil
3. I'm helping this poor soul repent
>>
>>53191760
>The impotent thing to remember is
I agree
>>
File: LmBc8F8.jpg (912KB, 2277x3499px) Image search: [Google]
LmBc8F8.jpg
912KB, 2277x3499px
Guy who was asking about Fighters here. Wow, samurai looks legitimately cool in its own right. Is it a trap, or is at neat as it looks? For some reason, I really like the idea of a knight with samurai as his archetype, it just feels fitting in sort of a reverse-weeaboo way.

Picture cool but unrelated because the Alonne boys were legit weebs.
>>
Anyone got any good recommendations for music tracks for running Wave Echo Cave?
>>
>>53191724
In theory of best possible circumstances with a +1 Weapon, Heavy Crossbow and Sharpshooter feat at level 20 the Sharpshooter can average 335 damage first round, 268 the next and 134 the third.

With luck and a +2/+3 Weapon they can single handily kill Tiamat in two rounds or at least put her in the less then 75 zone.
>>
>>53191806
Evil to fight evil. Make sure he's a wisecracking shithead for that strange bedfellows comedy routine.
>>
>>53191774
How about at the extreme end and for how many rounds?
>>
File: 16 - Sir Alonne.jpg (320KB, 1348x990px) Image search: [Google]
16 - Sir Alonne.jpg
320KB, 1348x990px
>>53191833
Go MAXIMUM OVERWEEB and use a Glaive fluffed as a stupidly huge katana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7nTM6D-GU
>>
>>53191833
Alonne knights was the only good part baout DS2
>>
>>53191833
It's basically Barbarian Fighter.
>>
>>53191462
>not playing your hagwitch as a Warlock
>not being a Tomoko-tier unpopular girl who has pure strength of will but creeps people out and has no magical ability, thus constantly got ignored for QT spellcasting sluts
>not making a deal with an eldritch being you're constantly trying to seduce but he's just not interested and so he gives you eldritch powers to go away
>not making them all pay with your newfound magic and prettying yourself up with Mask of Many Faces
>>
>>53191833
Samurai is a better DPR machine than battlemaster, and it even gives you free resistance. The advantage lasts until the end of your next turn so you get 2 turns of attacking, and one round of defense. It also lasts for all attacks instead of cherry picking 4 for precision strike so at level 5 with PAM and Action surge you get (3 uses x 2 turns per use x 3 attacks per turn) = 18 attacks with advantage, and 20 attacks with action surge, ignoring reaction attacks.
>>
>>53191833
>>53191893
In fact I'll even add some extra stuff for you.

>Goliath (Because hueg) Far Traveler Samurai
>GWM+PAM with a "nodachi" (Glaive)
>Use your extra ASI to take Mobile or, if your DM allows it, Orcish Aggression so you can more effectively begin pushing people's shit in as soon as they walk into your room
>>
>>53191896

What about the Ivory King?
>>
>>53190429
Even mother fucking dragons don't have magical attacks.
>>
>>53191933
It takes your bonus action to activate it though.
>>
>>53191970
Wouldn't the nodachi be closer to greatsword while the glaive would be closer to the naginata?
>>
>>53191988
Thanks. I knew I was forgetting something.
15/17
>>
>>53191880
You'd have to be really lucky for that because your average damage is higher when you don't use the power attack, especially against Tiamat's AC.
>>
File: 8746795b2c32d3715fbbcff9f17811e2.png (464KB, 710x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8746795b2c32d3715fbbcff9f17811e2.png
464KB, 710x1080px
>>53191998
Yes but this nigga's sword is sepiroth-tier stupidly long, with a much longer than normal handle. Glaive is actually a decent fit for it.
>>
>new campaign with rolls for everything
>rolling for HP
>average roll of like 3

Level 10 barbarian with 56 hp; let's do this.
>>
>>53192025
Yeah you do about +20ish damage over her normal health but if you have advantage on all the attacks somehow and a better magical weapon you could probably get her in under 100 easy.

I'm pretty sure it's the only character who stands a chance of killing her 1v1 without multiclassing. Maybe an Open Hand Monk who gets lucky with their stuns to burn resistance and then Insta-kills her.
>>
>>53191885
Thanks kindly
Unfortunately they can't seem to talk, but I might be able to slide it past the party with "It's a familiar". Otherwise I'll just ventriloquist it
>>
I need to make a level 8 character. This party is fucking stronk and they routinely fight stupidly deadly shit so I need someone who can pull their weight.

Wanted to make a Paladin - Bard or a Paladin - Fighter, don't really know how to effectively multi-class them.
>>
>>53192100
What is the rest of the party?
>>
>>53192100
Oathbreaker PAM+GWM nigger.

Crossbow faggot Fighter.

Can't think of any level 8 Bard meme builds (for damage anyway) off the top of my head.
>>
File: attachment[1].jpg (41KB, 1435x323px) Image search: [Google]
attachment[1].jpg
41KB, 1435x323px
>>53191893
>katana

That's a nagamaki, if you want the technical term. It's technically a polearm and perfect for a glaive, but honestly I'd rather just go Greatsword or a kanabo-type Maul. If DPR is the game, why not go for the maximum possible DPR allowed by GWM and the Great Weapon fighting style? My Stances will let me do opportunity attack shenanigans anyway.
>>
Need a name for an all Kobold mercenary group my players will butt heads with. Any ideas?
>>
>>53192149
Free XP.
>>
>>53192100
>party is really strong
>want to keep up
>better make a multiclassed character
>but don't know what I'm doing.
Obviously. Just play a level 8 paladin. Worry about multiclassing later.
>>
>>53192149
The Knee Cappers
>>
>>53192149
Have one of them stand out so you can name them The Kobold and Brash.
>>
File: 1494542612736.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1494542612736.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
>DM makes a completely infactual and wrong call
>Nothing I can do about it
>>
>>53192115
>>53192122
Forgot to say what they were

Sharpshooter EKnight Fighter who does a dick load of damage and stays far the fuck away, like behind the Sorcerer far away.

GWM War Cleric who does solid damage with a +2 greatsword and gets knocked unconcious every fight because he rarely heals or does anything but GWM attacks

Draconic Sorcerer who is all about Fire damage. scorching ray, firebolt, fireball, and the occasional Haste

I don't want to use Sharpshooter/GWM because that's their thing, I want my own thing

>>53192163
I've played a straight paladin before, but this is an option yes
>>
>>53192188
Tell the story you cock holster.
>>
>>53192192
Moon Druid with Warcaster/Resilient Con. Cast summon spells then turn into a fatass bear that won't break concentration.
>>
>>53192214
Sounds fun but the War Cleric is all about Nature (was a Nature Domain before he swapped to War due to his grove being burnt down by Hobgobbos) and I'm not going to be the cunt who summons a bunch of shit and makes every fight 30mins longer
>>
>>53192192
Could always be a supporting character, anything to give advantage could make you well liked.

Monk or Wolf Barbarian could do it.

You could also go for a Minotaur Shield Master and just knock everyone on their asses, grapple and have a 1d10 melee attack that requires no hands.
>>
File: 1494549417981.jpg (73KB, 641x511px) Image search: [Google]
1494549417981.jpg
73KB, 641x511px
>>53192202
>player: I want to pick up the weapon
>DM: it costs you half your movement
that's it really
>>
>>53192188
better bitch about it on a Taiwanese rock painting census then
>>
>>53192252
Was it at your feet? Other wise yeah tell him he's a cock juggler
>>
>>53191795
Nigger just drink your chocolate milk and be done with it.

Like, goddamn.
>>
>>53192249
Shield master could spoil things for the ranged attackers though the party definitely needs someone to relieve some of the pressure on the cleric. Monk is not a bad idea. I was thinking about swashbuckler.
>>
>>53192192
Oathbreaker PAM GWM shits out damage and is hard to kill to boot. In one level (9) you get access to level 3 spells and can raise skellingtons, which you boost the damage of in 10 feet.
>>
>>53191933

Since when are Battlemasters DPR machines at all?
>>
>>53192273
I told him and now he unzipped and started dickhelicoptering
>>
File: 1494163471936.gif (92KB, 1100x308px) Image search: [Google]
1494163471936.gif
92KB, 1100x308px
>>53192311
Start helicoptering back, establish dominance by ending it with a slap to his face.
>>
>>53192283
Swashbuckler has pretty good damage. Shame there's a Dragon Sorcerer already because Swashbuckler X/ Dragon Sorc 1 makes a really powerful and fun character.

Is there UA allowed? If so a Swashbucker X/Hexblade 2 gives you a lot of cool shit.
>>
>>53192307
Crossbow Expert, Sharpshooter, Archery style.

Use maneuver to boost aim if you might miss.
>>
>>53192245
Dude, everything that is ultra metaOP is accounted for in one way or another if some passing thing in their backstory is too much to tread upon.

SorcLock and Twincast haste
PHB Ranger Halfling Crossbow expert flying on their medium sized pet
Wizard with spells
Life Cleric + Lore Bard with Aura of Vitality stolen
GWM+PAM Paladin/Barb

You can start building the Assassin Paladin if you're starting at 8. You'd have Smite, Extra Attack, and Assassinate at that point.
>>
>>53192327
What the fuck he started licking it
>>
>>53192283
yea I don't wanna fuck over our archer he's our champ

>>53192295
Sounds dope and edgy. What about treachery Paladin?

>>53192329
UA is allowed yes. I originally wanted to do a hexblade paladin but there was little point to that.

I should have said but we have a Rogue party member too, he just is gone for the majority of sessions
>>
>>53192363
Caress his head gently and say good boy, you've already won.
>>
>>53191933

Honestly, isn't PAM kind of a waste with Samurai? Their stances already use bonus actions heavily, so they won't get the extra polearm butt-attack, and Iai Stance does everything PAM does but better at the cost of 1 AC. I guess if you don't want Iai stance, and don't mind slightly less damage (1d10 versus 2d6), PAM could be a useful alternative, but it doesn't seem as OP as usual here.
>>
>>53192378
...What fucking Samurai are you talking about?
>>
>>53192366
I actually hadn't considered Treachery with the new Elven Accuracy feat. It's really feat heavy on an ASI starved class but it could be nasty.

>Elven Accuracy GWM Treachery Paladin/Champion Fighter
>Conjure duplicate
>Advantage for a full minute in combat, roll 3 times per attack and crit on 19s

Wonder what the best level balance would be. For your purposes maybe 4/4 so you can get both Feats.
>>
Can npcs and monsters get expertise to skills?
>>
>>53191721
>Was there any other monster they fucked up more in 5E than Bugbears?

Fucked up in what sense?
>>
Im gonna be GMing my first game soon and i want run Curse of Strahd does anyone have any advice.
>>
>>53192414
Yeah if you want to give them that as the DM
>>
>>53190694
write a narrative of the enemies entering the dungeon on some mission. write it all the way through to them accomplishing it. Make sure you soundly account for time.

Then just have the players start exploring from the center of the dungeon. They should have spoilers for layout and everything, detection alarms etc.

Depending on what they do, improvise the enemies actions of course. wreck your players if they just camp and do the most obvious stuff based on dungeon defenses, the enemies should also have spoilers about the dungeon, way more than a player would ever have.
>>
File: 1417760519873.jpg (127KB, 800x644px) Image search: [Google]
1417760519873.jpg
127KB, 800x644px
>>53192412
>UA multiclassing
Just make a Nuclear Druid.
>>
A whip seems like a really cool weapon in theory but the RAW don't really sell it. Only 1d4 slashing damage with reach.

Can you guys think of cool but reasonable ways to use a whip?

Off the top of my head, I'm imagining reached grapples, reached shoving prone (tripping), swinging across gaps like Indiana Jones, and maybe advantage on Animal Handling checks made with it (or Intimidation checks against beasts).
>>
>>53192448
Excellent.
>>
I want to give my players the ability to use bombs long after the damage drops off. I'm thinking of making more with various damage types, so at the very least they can use them to hit enemies with weaknesses they can't cover, but I feel like there could be more creative ways. Any ideas?
>>
>>53192331
>play Wood Elf Battlemaster Dexfag with Heavy Crossbow, Crossbow Expert, Sharpshooter, Archery Style
>take Criminal background for Stealth

It's like Skyrim all over again. Glory to the Dawnguard.
>>
>>53192412
That seems like way too much bullshit

i'm trying to make a strong character not a busted one, and I really want to keep combat moving fast. having to roll like six d20s every turn will be lame

I'm thinking I'll just play a Sword n Board Pally, maybe multi-class with Battlemaster or Samurai Fighter.
>>
>>53192513
Someone discovers more expensive magic bombs. Do you make up your own statblocks that actually have vulnerabilities, because that's what I did to make elements matter outside of 'Fire/Poison is shit, and stranger elements ignore most of the system'.
>>
>>53192391

Isn't this what you were talking about? https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Samurai_(5e_Archetype)
>>
>Searching in an abandoned wizard's tower, but it's trapped and we're told to be very careful
>Bard convinces the NPC hireling to check the wizard's guest book
>8d8 thunder damage explosive runes
You will be missed.
>>
>>53191448
just draw a moose again while looking at a picture of a uterus so you don't draw a moose that looks exactly like a uterus. just relax it's funny.
>>
>>53192558
>dandwiki
Kill yourself.

No, he's talking about the Samurai archetype from Unearthed Arcana. You know, this shit that gets posted on the Official D&D site?
>>
File: nyet.gif (251KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
nyet.gif
251KB, 500x377px
>>53192558
>dandwiki
>>
>>53192539
You could do >>53190661 with Fighter 2 and be a frontline tank that spews Alchemist Fire.

You could do the same thing with straight Artificer, though you'd lack a shield since spending a feat on shield prof. is a bit of a waste.
>>
File: Skeleton-at-computer.jpg (42KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Skeleton-at-computer.jpg
42KB, 600x400px
question: why do Rangers suck so fucking much

being a woodsman maniac like Rambo in First Blood sounds really cool but the class as written just doesn't have much going for it. Beast Master rangers at the very least should be able to control their beast separately. it's bullshit how its action is tied to your turn, you have to waste one of your attacks on having it attack instead.
>>
>>53191448
Yes. Get out of here, uterus boy. We don't take kindly to your type around here.
>>
>>53192644
nigga there's a revised ranger
>>
>>53192644
So play the UA Ranger. There's no problem here, is there?
>>
>>53192644
Check the MEGA in OP, under the Unearthed Arcana Tab, check out UA Ranger Revised
>>
File: UA_RevisedRanger.pdf (224KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA_RevisedRanger.pdf
224KB, 1x1px
>>53192644
>>53192671
or check deez digits
>>
>>53192644
An autistic shitfister was trying to make the UA ranger worse by making the class useless at navigating the and subsisting in the wilderness. The class was too op apparently.
>>
>>53192677
Dubs checked and confirmed. This shit is locked down tight.
>>
Am I an asshole if I only allow humans, elfs, dwarves, halflings and half orcs as player races in my game?
>>
>>53192744
Not really
>>
>>53192744
It's the setting you made, you're not really an asshole for not wanting to bolt every player race into the world.
>>
>>53192744
And asshole? No, not at all. Traditionalist? Probably. A basic bitch DM? Definitely.

Nothing wrong with that though. Some things (minus non-rapebaby Half-Orcs) are classic for a reason.
>>
>>53192185
More like Kolbolds are trash
>>
Guy who was asking about ACTUAL, UA samurai here and not the one using DnDwiki to troll (please don't do that).

So, let's say I'm playing a 20th level Samurai Fighter. Can I use Rapid Strike on EVERY attack I get Advantage to with Fighting Spirit? I mean, would this let me do eight attacks instead of four (ten instead of five with PAM)? What if I used Action Surge that turn? Fighting Spirit specifies that it lasts for that turn and until the end of the next turn, does that mean that I get sixteen attacks (twenty with PAM) that turn?

Also, what's the point of Elegant Courtier?
>>
>>53192474
a good dm will let you do any of these.
>>
For a custom point buy system, is 70 a good number of points to distribute between ability scores, with a maximum of 18 per ability?
>>
>>53192827
you have 1 bonus action
>>
>>53192863
>18
>before racials
how about no
>>
File: 1491921936004.jpg (115KB, 880x976px) Image search: [Google]
1491921936004.jpg
115KB, 880x976px
>>53192679
Are you talking about the
> muh giant wilderness hexcrawl
dude I saw some time ago here in /5eg/? Because that anon was full of shit.
>>
File: 1433213645014.jpg (113KB, 600x814px) Image search: [Google]
1433213645014.jpg
113KB, 600x814px
Has anyone played the Hexblade from the Unearthed Arcana here? I was thinking of playing one and I wanted opinions
>>
>>53192887
Yeah that's the one, apparently because he couldn't have fun and couldn't run a game worth a damn, no one was allowed to have fun.
>>
>>53192864

So sixteen at most?
>>
>no new /5eg/ because everyone's watching Critical Role
>>
Is there any such thing as a Fighter who DOESN'T use a crossbow or a polearm?
>>
>>53192948
Yes. You can also use a quarterstaff + shield.
Why haven't you made your own suite of comparable feat tax options that don't mix with PAM/Xbow Expert yet?
>>
>>53192941
Make one you giant faggot
>>
>>53192948
Yes, but they're generally played by well adjusted people at physical tables in real life with close personal friends. And they tend to use swords.
>>
>>53192941
nigga we're still only page 8.
>>
>>53192990
I really genuinely truly don't understand the point of meta gaming in D&D like this is fucking DOTA 2
>>
>>53192897
What did you want to know, specifically?
>>
>>53192948
The warforged fighter in my group mostly uses a lance, no matter how much I told him that using a lance on foot is just plain silly. He switches to spear and shield when he cant keep the enemies at reach.
>>
>>53192941
>>53193065

Now shut your cock holster
>>
>>53192948
Yeah when I play a not!Roman soldier
>>
>>53192827
Nah, you get 4 attacks with your action, 4 attacks with your Action Surge and you can use your bonus action to make either a PAM or a Rapid Strike Attack.

Activating your super samurai mode requires a bonus action though so the first turn it's up you only get 8 and the next turn you get 9.

>>Also, what's the point of Elegant Courtier?
The game's not completely combat.
>>
>>53192948
Yep, if you fight in real environments and your DM is cool about attempting thing not in the PHB in combat there's a lot more options.
>>
I'm going to play my first session in a few days and I have a question about starting gold/equipment. My DM said I can start with starting equipment or roll for gold and choose what I want... My question is if I choose to roll for gold do I get the equipment/gold from my background as well?
>>
>>53193541
Rolling for starting gold replaces both class and background equipment. Going with the normal starting equipment is basically always a better option.
>>
>>53189330
An INT-based martial, like a plague doctor.
>>
>>53193912
So basically a spell-less artificer?
>>
>>53193992
Yeah, but with like actual combat proficiencies, and maybe some stealth/support options.
>>
>>53194015
>>53193912
>int-based martial
Eldritch knight
>Yeah, but with like actual combat proficiencies, and maybe some stealth/support options.
Ok now you're literally just describing Arcane Trickster
>>
>>53192414
A lot of monsters have it, actually, like Doppelgangers and Dragons. Just, if someone is supposed to be REALLY good at something, you give them expertise
>>
>>53186471
It's not worth it on the Long death monk.

It's good on Shadow, Kensei and Open hand.
>>
>>53192062
>CON mod lower than +4
Wtf nigga
Thread posts: 456
Thread images: 52

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.