[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faction Focus: Eldar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 21

File: FactionFocus.png (184KB, 351x261px) Image search: [Google]
FactionFocus.png
184KB, 351x261px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/11/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-eldar/
>>
>>53181640
>Eldar

Boring. Next?
>>
>>53181667
They COULD have done Orks, or Tau, or basically anything other than the most BORING xenos faction.
>>
Waiting for eldarfags to wake up, and say that they've been nerfed to death.
>>
>>53181667
>>53181709
Let's do some of these other factions that sell less first! And it's not like that there was some lore stuff happening recently regarding this faction!
>>
>>53181709
Eh, Eldar are probably the most iconic Xenos, it makes sense they'd do them first. This Faction Focus was a bit light on the details anyway, so I don't mind waiting a bit for a hopefully more robust focus.

Main take-aways:
-Looks like flesh/armorbane is just melta's roll two damage dice and drop the lower, but at any range
-Wailing Doom has fancy stats
-Mandiblasters shoot mortal wounds (meaning that they aren't only from psyker stuff)
-Phoenix Lords now have a Sv2+ and buff nearby allied units
>>
>>53181709
I'm sure they'll toss as a bone soon and preview the DARK Eldar.
>>
File: annoyedneckbeard.jpg (3KB, 84x90px) Image search: [Google]
annoyedneckbeard.jpg
3KB, 84x90px
>>53181640
I'ma be completely honest here...this doesn't really sound like a nerf at all. Kinda worried about that. I was looking forward to seeing the dissapointed faces of the Eldar WAACfags at my LGS....
>>
>>53181786
I will say this, the previews do at least suggest that they really are trying to give you reasons to select your favorite models and not just the best ones.
>>
>>53181811
I concur. They're really trying to stress the "every unit has a purpose and is capable of being useful," though we can't really judge the veracity of those claims until the game is released in full. At the very least, it's a respectable if daunting goal.
>>
>>53181835
One of the things I always hated hearing in the local GW store (before it got shut down due to lack of sales) was, "Don't bother with that. No one plays that." Eliminating that particular argument is a good starting point.

I'm excited to see the Ork preview when it comes, though.
>>
>Asurman is still the only Phoenix Lord with an invunerable save.
>>
>>53181811
>>53181835
>>53181885
As someone who has had trepidation about whether or not to get into 40k, with that sort of thing being the primary reason, everything I've seen so far about the new edition is appealing to me. I'll probably play a few games with friends on TTS first just to make sure I actually enjoy it, but so far I'm pretty optimistic about 8th edition.
>>
>>53181885
The Ork and Nid reveals need to be pretty fantastic to get people on board for 8th, as that was one of the most talked about issues in 7th, that two entire factions were essentially unplayable competitively.
>>
>>53181949
Yeah, the xenos need some love too.
>>
>>53181948
Welcome to the cautiously optimistic club! So far, I've approved of probably 80% of what we've heard, with the last 20% being in the neutral-ish range depending on how it's handled (some of the assault stuff falls under this). Definitely try it out before you invest, but things are looking good so far.
>>
File: necronprofile.png (97KB, 366x261px) Image search: [Google]
necronprofile.png
97KB, 366x261px
>your faction will never even get a focus because they're relentlessly nerfing it
at least they acknowledge the robots
>>
>>53181971
Ooh, that's cold.

At least you're on the galaxy map with fancy dynasties and such. Nids don't even show up.
>>
>>53181949
Orks and Nids are the factions I'm most interested in.
>>
>>53181991
I'm Dark Eldar
>>
>>53181971
Heh
>>
File: necron1.jpg (18KB, 300x280px) Image search: [Google]
necron1.jpg
18KB, 300x280px
>>53181991
Don't worry lad, it's because it's a 2D map and the galaxy is mostly flat.

Nids are entering the galaxy at an angle so hard to really convey other than having "beach head" circles but then people would complain as to why hive fleets are in the middle of systems and not coming in from the side.

Besides everyone knows the final battle will come down to Necrons, Nids and Orks.
>>
>>53182029
The banner.
RRRRRRAAAAAAAIIIIIISSSSSEEEE THAAAAAA BAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNEEEERRRR
>>
>>53181709
They did Necrons?
>>
I really fucking hope they actually do hit the current bullshit with the nerfhammer and just left it out to keep Eldar players hyped.

Though they probably would've hyped far more people by telling us that Spiders/Psykers/Wraithknights/Bikes are being rebalanced.

AdMech and Necron focus when? I don't even plsy Necrons but want to know hoe Gauss works now and if AdMech can now be fielded as one without issue.
>>
>>53182125
I'm guessing they'll have Imperial, Adeptus Mechanicus and either Skitarii or Cult Mechanicus.

If you use them mixed, Kataphrons are Elites, if you use them separately Kataphrons are Troops and Skitarii can either skip having an HQ or designate your Warlord's unit as an HQ choice, gaining him Prefered Enemy and your army Crusader/Scout.
Pretty much like they did the Rubrics counting as troops when in a TS army and Elite otherwise.
>>
>>53182201
There are 9 FOCs we haven't seen yet, it's possible one will have no required HQ.
>>
>>53182239
I suppose they could do that but would have to limit things a lot. Needing no HQ and saving yourself 50-200 points invites to spamming broken units.
>>
File: dw_I_got_this.png (173KB, 359x319px) Image search: [Google]
dw_I_got_this.png
173KB, 359x319px
>Strikes first
>Mortal wound save
Look at these new rules we're bringing in!
And now, for the race that will ignore them!
>>
File: smug eldar.png (14KB, 598x621px) Image search: [Google]
smug eldar.png
14KB, 598x621px
>>53181786
Plus, Eldar still have BATTLE FOCUS BITCHES!!!
In some way or another, my spesh elves will still be able to run and shoot at you mon'keigh bastards!
>>
File: Karandras_6th_Ed.png (628KB, 500x716px) Image search: [Google]
Karandras_6th_Ed.png
628KB, 500x716px
>>53182125
They aren't talking about specific nerfs in any of the articles

Also, any genuine eldar fan will be really happy to see the units balanced so we can use wraithknights, jetbikes, and warp spiders without feeling bad.

Only the people who bought those units to power-play will be butthurt, and they deserve it.
>>
>>53181794
In fairness, the guy who wrote is an Eldar player, so he probably has a bit of a bias...
>>
>>53181794
Sounds more like they're just buffing the shit Eldar never fielded because their other shit was so much better. We'll have to wait and see I guess - GW sure as hell wasn't gonna print an entire article of "haha fuck you eldarfags, eat nerfs" when advertising a product.
>>
Psykers, Wraith constructs and warp spiders were specifically mentioned, but not scatbikes. So scatbikes are fucked.
>>
>>53182494
Saying 'buff or nerf' is somewhat irrelevant. The whole game is being re-done, everything is getting new rules, there's no reason to believe that one faction will be stronger than another just because it was in the precious game.
>>
>>53182498
Scatbikes were mentioned at the top as "infamous," so I think we can safely expect a nerf.
>>
>>53181971
Cheeky bastards
>>
>Sounds like Eldar are getting the much needed buff they were lacking in 7th. Previously only 2/5ths of the codex was overpowered ... But thats all changing now it'll be 100% of the codex so fear not Eldar players.

FUCK OFF
>>
Remember how not all Eldar units were top tier? Well do we have a surprise for you!
>>
File: 8th_edition_masters.jpg (347KB, 1197x629px) Image search: [Google]
8th_edition_masters.jpg
347KB, 1197x629px
>>53182753
It's ok : we will probably all be top tier in our own, unique and special ways.
>>
>>53181640
>Even Roboute Guilliman must tread cautiously with this adversary.
Not to worry, he's got Calgar on speed-dial.
>>
>>53182822
yet before Guilliman couldn't actually hurt the Avatar because his attacks had soul blaze
>>
Eldar have always been the best faction throughout all of 40ks history and I'm fine with that. You need a top dog and Space Marines would just be too blatant.
As long as I can run a fluffy army and sometimes win, I'm fine.
I defeated Eldar with my Deldar quite often in 6th and 7th so eh.
>>
File: Bro Adamant.png (1MB, 813x768px) Image search: [Google]
Bro Adamant.png
1MB, 813x768px
>>53182753
>>53182796

No matter how many scorpians you field, you'll never be as green as da boyz
>>
>>53182822
I got that reference
>>
Why is that gravel voiced frontline faggot writing articles on the GW site?

>Durr footdar will be good!
>and Wraith armies will be good
>Aha, what about psykers? they are PERFECT
>And don't forget spiders too! uhhhh SO GOOD

Do they think everyone reading this shit is 12?

Am i really supposed to believe every unit in 8th is somehow viable? the Chaos faction focus was just insulting and now this
>>
>>53182986
This one gave you some interesting news about some units doing mortal wounds, the avatar being top tier offensively, and howling banshees striking first when charged.

If you find that insulting then lower your expectations, this is GW. I don't know how you faggots keep getting angry about a company that you know is shit.
>>
>>53183118
>Howling Banshees striking first when charged.

Not really. what it says is

>nearly always get to go first in the Fight phase even if they didn’t charge.

Which means that they have a mechanic for going first but it doesn't always work.
>>
>>53183118
>mortal wounds
Already told us this like last week

>the avatar being top tier offensively
Yeah no shit it'll be decent in melee. that said of course their going to shill the fuck out of the product on their own site

>and howling banshees striking first when charged.
What.

The only good thing about these focus articles are the weapon profiles. I tend to expect trash from GW

What i didn't expect is for them to suck the Las Vegas tournament scene's dick this hard.
>>
Aeldari Craftworlders? Wtf? Dark Eldar and Harlequins don't live in fucking craftworlds.
>>
>>53183271
Aeldari is copywrite speak for Eldar
>>
>>53183271
Then that would mean Dark Eldar and Harlequins aren't Aeldari Craftworlders, wouldn't it?
>>
>>53182287
The mortal wound ignoring is a bit of a headscrstcher, but the banshee mask has been a thing for a while, it's still fluffy for those to give banshees basically a free activation
>>
>>53183547
>>53183383
I thought Eldar = Craftworlders, Aeldari = All Eldar including DE and HE
>>
>"Who is Reece, and why should I care?"

>LaughingTeamBeastCoast.jpg
>>
>>53181794

Did you seriously expect them to put out a faction focus which said "hey, Eldar players, all your shit is getting nerfed!"

Read between the lines with how he didn't talk about how great Wraithknights or scatbikes will be.
>>
>>53181786

Phoenix Lords already had 2+ armor saves and the Wailing Doom stats are basically the same.

Reecius is a hack.
>>
>>53182796

How do hormagaunts not fall forward when running?
>>
>>53184019
Coins in the bases. It's the only way to not have the little bugger fall over.
>>
>>53184019
The same way as theropods. The tail is for balance and full of dense muscles which also help pull the legs back, the hips are at the focal point, and the exoskeleton is extremely lightweight. The central pair of limbs can also help rebound them back up off the ground if need be.
>>
File: 1.jpg (311KB, 1024x921px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
311KB, 1024x921px
>>53184019
It's a mystery.
>>
>>53181709
But tau are the most boring faction, anon.

Fuckers only play half the game.
>>
>>53182858
I once had a terminator sorcerer in that situation, on a very similar terrain piece even.
He won by the way.
>>
>>53183972
>2+ armor save
Is much more powerful in 8th then before. 6+ Save against Melta grade weaponry is nifty.
>>
>>53183972
If the eldar get no new shit it will be a good day
>>
>>53182395
this
>>
File: 1490723027801.jpg (126KB, 721x705px) Image search: [Google]
1490723027801.jpg
126KB, 721x705px
>>53182854
>tfw I played eldar in 5th where they were mid-tier at best and didn't even get an updated codex.
>>
>>53184325
>mid-tier at best

No. Eldar in 5th were monobuild and not the top codex but they still shitted on all the actually mid-tier armies.
>>
>>53183627
then thinking is not one of your strenghts then
>>
>>53183972
but it's only a 5+ against power swords, which is a huge disadvantage comparing to 7th. not that i complain, it's just not a universal improvement for 2+ armor.
>>
>>53181971
>GW engaging in bants on social media

I genuinely did not see this coming. GW being aloof assholes has just been such a constant in my life, I never expended any different.
>>
>>53181640
>The enigmatic Aeldari of the Craftworlds

STAAAAAHP
>>
>>53181640
All I got from this was "SPECIAL CHARACTERS SPECIAL CHARACTERS SPECIAL CHARACTERS"
>>
>>53184135

A person's legs are like 60% of their body mass. That's the only reason we don't fall when sprinting.
>>
>>53184210
It's only better against AP1 and 2. It's literally straight up worse against all other AP values.
>>
>>53181640
>they're working with tournament players
Eh, could be a good thing... but will this mean Orks are even more boned than before? Do any SRS BZNSS players play Orks?
>>
>>53184933
Depends on the honesty of the tourney players feedback.
>>
>>53184661
then read again
>>
>>53185077
At least half the article is talking about how good their special characters are.
>>
>>53185492
no, a third at most

even if it was 99%, you'd still be wrong to only get that from it
>>
>>53184933

Tourney players *want* every faction to be viable. It's a more interesting competitive game if they can run more than the same two factions.
>>
>>53185545

They did the same shit in the chaos blurb, too.

>if you think melee is bad, just wait until you see this special character!
>>
>>53183627
>>53183271
in case you're still there you were thinking of the term Ynnari, designing the new servants of Ynnead (basically). All Yannari are (A)Eldar(i), not all Eldar are Ynnari.
>>
>>53185873
with the faction keywords that could be pretty interesting. Like have an optional ynnari faction that gives you a decent mix of the eldar factions as choices (but not all) and just "gets the Ynnari faction keyword"
>>
>>53182986
>Am i really supposed to believe every unit in 8th is somehow viable?
literraly the point of 8th
>>
>>53181709
>>53185996
Are Orks going to be the most popular faction in 8th?
>>
>>53183972
>Reecius is a hack.
hey guys, heres an original idea:

>Lets let tourney FAGS playtest and balance the game-- thats right, the most WAAC faggy people on the planet should be in charge
>>
>>53186189
Those are the exact people you want playtesting and balancing because they know what's broken and what's shit and how to fix them.

They aren't the ones responsible for the meta in 7th being shit, that's the fault of the rules writers, they just abused what was good because that's what you do when you're a competitive tournament player with money on the line.

Now they're the ones who get to say "well this thing is obviously way too good because that's all we run in our lists right now, so nerf it and buff these which we never consider running". They want all units to be viable.

You're a fucking idiot for not understanding this.
>>
>>53186189
Let's be honest. If your goal is to find broken units, awful combo and shit like that you you ask the tournament players, not the fluffy players that are barely able to distinguish an overcosted unit.
>>
>>53186189
Honestly most tourney folks are pretty chill dudes and aside from them utilizing the flaws in the edition to secure a win, they usually aren't too WAAC-faggy, hell a fair number of folks go to tournies with like shitty lists that they like just to see how they do. I see more snarky WAAC shit and general no-fun-allowed nonsense just in your typical LGS where you have at least one guy who has to fucking tryhard even if it's just a casual match.

They're the same fags that will pick a Tau WAAC list and then talk daily about how they're undefeated in the store in casual pick up games that most people just throw together a fun list for.
>>
>>53186189
You forgot the fact that tournaments players aren't a lobby. They play one against the others. They gain nothing if exist something that is obviously more powerful than everything else, as they wouldn't be the only one to play it, but all their opponents would do the same.
>>
>>53186300
This. The most WAACfags I know are people that get utterly destroyed when playing at tournaments against skilled players, so they do everything they can to be the winner in their LGS.
>>
>>53185610
>>53185041
I'm not worried about what they -want-, more about what they're -able- to do. How can they properly balance factions they don't even play?
>>
>>53186189
This

>>53186242
Frontline dickrider spotted, anyone can glance across 7th and spot the flaws

if the new edition is crap i'm blaming your E-celeb faggot's and their shit channel.
>>
>>53186483
by playtesting
>>
>>53186490
>anyone can glance across 7th and spot the flaws
...which doesn't contradict anything I said in my post, you retard?

Also I don't particularly care about Frontline anymore than any other part of the 40k community, I just know they're decent guys who are legitimately interested in balancing the game and you're a dumb faggot with no reading comprehension who doesn't understand the difference between TOs and WAACfags.
>>
>>53186490
>anyone can glance across 7th and spot the flaws

When the Riptide and the Wraithknights came out people were calling them "overpriced pieces of crap" until they started winning tournaments.

Yeah, I have zero trust on the ability of "anyone" to recognize even the most broken of combo.
>>
>>53186537
h's just fucking with you, he's one of the frogposting tearsfags who put up a facade of cynicism and schadenfreude to feel badass online
>>
>>53186569
>When the Riptide and the Wraithknights came out people were calling them "overpriced pieces of crap" until they started winning tournaments.
The people saying that were the contrarian retards on /tg/ who are probably the same dumbfucks writing the horrifically bad 1d4chan strategy pages.

The ones who started bringing them to tournaments and winning with them which then made everyone realize they are good, are the ones now playtesting the game.

You see the problem with your logic here?
>>
>>53186537
Then why act like these literally who's are the messiahs of gaming. If anyone can do the job why hone in on such a niche group that doesn't reflect the majority of hobbyists?

I truly have no clue why GW would do this as i can see the blatant problems of inviting such cancer to dictate the entire edition.

Take Reece's chode out your mouth and you might too
>>
>>53182062

Nids are the most boring. Don't even bother responding to argue.
>>
>>53186621
Which implies they have a thorough grasp of mechanics and knows what does and does not make somethings op and extremely viable and other things shit and extremely nonviable. Don't you think that sort of understanding might be of more use to balancing a system than a contrarian /tg/ shitposter who claims to be an expert of the system?

What issue do you have to not get that a thorough understanding of the system is simply a benefit when balancing a new system that is based on the old to some extent?

>>53186679
I mean GW could have picked anyone, but on some level it's marketing. GW want to be more interactive with the community and groups like Frontline are good mediators between GW and the seething masses, since GW can't just take all input from every fan. It's not optimal but it's pretty good.
>>
>>53186679
>Then why act like these literally who's are the messiahs of gaming.
Literally no one in this thread has done this, why are you so fucking dumb.

>If anyone can do the job why hone in on such a niche group that doesn't reflect the majority of hobbyists?
How are the a niche group and who said anyone can do the job?

>I truly have no clue why GW would do this as i can see the blatant problems of inviting such cancer to dictate the entire edition.
What is cancer about FG, exactly?

You seem to be detached from reality, buddy. You're having a conversation that no one in the thread is having. I've never seen so much jumping to fucking conclusions.
>>
>>53186621
My logic is that you shouldn't trust the contrarian dumbfucks retards that is comprised inot "anyone" and instead trust the guys that were able to recognize a broken piece the second it came out.

No, I don't see any problem with it. What you said actually supported it.
>>
File: 1448922989322.png (324KB, 619x513px) Image search: [Google]
1448922989322.png
324KB, 619x513px
>>53182287

>Eldar are getting ASF

well well I fucking knew it, I fucking knew GW couldn't fucking help themselves
>>
>>53186717
>Which implies they have a thorough grasp of mechanics and knows what does and does not make somethings op and extremely viable and other things shit and extremely nonviable. Don't you think that sort of understanding might be of more use to balancing a system than a contrarian /tg/ shitposter who claims to be an expert of the system?
That's what my post fucking said, you idiot. Pay attention.
>>
>>53182287
> implying the removal of initiative was a good move

Charging should have been a plus something, this "strike first" bullshit was just screaming for some special rule to invalidate it.
>>
>>53186569
>>53186621
>>53186717
>>53186731
>>53186765

Okay we were all actually in agreement here and something got miscommunicated. My bad.
>>
>>53186735
>Banshees are getting ASF
FTFY
>>
>>53186887
>and NEARLY always get to go first in the Fight phase even if they didn’t charge.
>>
>>53186920

That just means there are units with "always strikes firstest".
>>
>>53186920
I just hope it means "they go first in the combat unless the enemy charged them".
>>
>>53186920
Will probably have similar wording to the slannesh daemon prince from AoS?
correct me if im wrong but, isnt it something like "If your opponent actives a unit locked in combat with this unit, you may immediately pile in and attack with this unit"
which means that your banshees could go second if they activate in a combat against a unit with the same rule.
>>
>>53185610
No Tourney players want their faction to be viable, and everyone else's to be subpar.
>>
>>53182753

Is it just me (and this guy) or is that exactly how this read?

Hey guys you know how super powerful Edlar are? The Wraithknights, Scatterbike spam LMAO, Warpspiders... well we're making other shit really really really powerful as well.

I must have missed out the part where he indicated WKs are being toned down, or limiting Scat spam etc

Goddamn, 8 editions and 25+ years later, the Studios favourite army is still going to get buffed beyond belief.
>>
>>53187038
Tourney players for the most part don't have "their" Faction, they play whichever is strongest at the time.

If they get the chance to make sure all of them are strong, of course they're going to try and do that. And when you've got a big group of playtesters any specific faction bias should cancel itself out amongst the group. This isn't a one-man show.
>>
>>53187056
It's a hype article from the company trying to sell the models. They're not going to tell the Eldarfags to their faces that they nerfed their broken shit. Even if Reece had been dumb or ballsy enough to say that, that the GW editors probably would have taken it out before putting the article up.
>>
>>53187056
I mean at this point I just refuse to play pick up games against Eldar players.
>>
>>53187038
Turney players taken as a group don't have a single faction. You take a single tournamet player you may be right, you take a bunch of them you are going to have things balanced because everyone will stop the other bullshit.

Also, this >>53187073
>>
>>53186717
>GW want to be more interactive with the community and groups like Frontline are good mediators between GW and the seething masses

I guess that's good intentions. Just bothers me that they picked this one or two specific persons to speak for the -entire- community.

>>53186730
You have no idea how to read between the lines or ability to pick up on the implications. I can't peer into the exact future but this is called using basic foresight not jumping to conclusions.

If you can't see the problem with the people who make money off the promotion of GW's specific armies and tournament style gaming also being the guys writing the rules (thus deciding what is sold by them, and forcing the game into a tournament mindset) then I'm sorry you're too idiotic to see the problems this whole decision made by GW could cause.

>>53187038
This is another good reason against them. Yesterday he's hyping up how great Imperial guard will be. Guess which army he plays? IG of course
>>
>>53187170
>also being the guys writing the rules

But they're not. They were just the playtester. Also how the fuck FG make money by promoting specific armies?

>esterday he's hyping up how great Imperial guard will be. Guess which army he plays? IG of course

Spoiler alert. Every single one of these articles is going to hype an army. Maybe you haven't realized but their goal is to advertise the faction.
>>
So this means my all-path-warrior elfdar army is relevant again? I might even play 40k again!
>>
>>53187108
Unless the other player is super nice about it, I just refuse to play Eldar full stop at this point. They're such a dull army to face, even when they're not cheesing the shit out of the game. It's literally more fun to watch paint dry than to play against Eldar, and it's been like that since 2e. Let's face it now, they're 100% going to be the top army in 8e; GW literally cannot stop sucking elf cock.

Fuck Eldar.
>>
>>53181640
So, the Wailing Doom always wounds on a +2 no matter what?

I'm glad that shit finally feels like the weapon of a god. Now, GW, just make new sculpts for the Avatar and Warp Spiders.
>>
>>53187738
Your eldar all path warrior is relevant TODAY, it seriously a good army maybe not for tourneys because scatspam is still more versatile but the current Eldar codex is perfect for running aspect warriors.
>>
>>53182395
The "won't be homeruled out of existence" buff.
>>
>>53187831
>So, the Wailing Doom always wounds on a +2 no matter what?
No? Where the fuck are you getting that from? Do you know how to read?
>>
>>53187889
He's thinking the +2 on the profile means that it always wound on a 2+ instead of having a strenght score 2 higher than the user.
>>
>>53187889
Hah, I read 2+ instead of +2.

Funny. I'm just getting mixed up with what AoSisms are getting bolted onto the game and which ones are being left to the wayside.
>>
>people getting asshurt at Banshees 'almost always striking first'

Come on, dudes, being fast is their entire shtick. They almost always went first anyway in the previous edition.
>>
>>53182539
The fact that they failed to acknowledge their prior failure is a worry. Secondly, the fact that they have the same shitty hacks in charge means their biases are just as likely to continue to unbalance the game.
>>
>>53187971
>The fact that they failed to acknowledge their prior failure is a worry

Sure, I can see that in an advert.

"Hey guys, Eldar are going to be awesome, we nerfed all of your bullshit!"

You are a marketing genius, you know it right?
>>
>>53187951
I don't care about it as long as my genestealers have the same rule and they cancel each other out.

What I don't want to see is only Eldar getting the special rules a bunch of other stuff should have too.
>>
>>53187951
>banshees always strike first always
>wyches lose even harder to everything
>>
>>53188006
It would.

>Hey Eldar players! Sick of not being able to get a game because nobody wants to play against your bullshit codex? Now you'll be on par with everybody else, so they don't have any reason to call you a cheesyfaglord anymore!
>>
>>53184360
>>53184360
They got shit on just as hard by the actual top tier armies though.
>>
>>53188153
It says something when the worst place an army has ever been is just below the top, but over everything else.
>>
>>53186065
My bet is that once the full rules and unit costs drop the 'zomg melee is back' hysteria will vanish and orks will remain the joke faction.
>>
>>53188153
Eldar still shat on DA/BT/Demons in 5th, they were easily the best 4th ed codex in 5th edition.
>>
>>53188126
See this is why you don't have a career in marketing.
>>
>>53188006
>I just like the faction, I didn't ask for it to be OP
>What do you mean GW didn't say we'd get nerfed, they can't do that because if GW admit Eldar is OP and needs to be brought down to the same level as the other factions I'm quiting the game
Eldar players are fucking scum.
>>
>>53188273
I'm not that guy and don't play Eldar, but the way to build hype isn't by going in-depth and talking too deep about the changes for a nerfed army. It's presenting upsides and minimizing downsides. They all but said they were nerfing shit anyway considering their pointing out the scatbikes and shit.
>>
>>53186490
>>53186490
Look, leaving the rules to narritive forging idiots who can't add up the sides on a d6 is how we got 7th.
>>
>>53188323
I mean they know that the community opinion on Eldar was at least a soft agreement that they were REALLY good at best and totally busted at worst. Acknowledging this balance issue compared to say Orks or Middling factions like most regular SM outside of formation spam, it good news to basically everybody. It shows some level of awareness on the part of GW and It's good for both Eldar and Non-eldar. Since Non-eldar can play against a rebalanced Eldar force and not get shit on without bringing the most optimal best WAAC stuff they can. And Eldar can feel better about a victory and opens up their options for more lists and strategies beyond the WAAC Eldar Bikespam
>>
>>53188413
>One of the best SM builds was a single detachment
>Non-formation spam SM is middling

Fuck outta here.
>>
>>53182287
The avatar of fucking khaine can ignore SOME mortal wounds.

Nids are getting a strike first capability too.
>>
>oh no, the article about advertising a faction doesn't go into depth about nerfs!

Please niggas, don't be retarded. We already know the scattershit is being looked at.

And everyone appears to be getting nice things come this edition. Just look at the change from old Rubrics to the new ones recently featured.
>>
>>53188448
>Gladius Strike Force is a formation, using GSF constantly is just spamming it.
What's the option outside of GSF? Whirlwind heavy standard detachments? I mean honestly?

I mean I honestly wasn't discussing straight tourney play, since Eldar players basically have to avoid playing bikes at all in casual pickups unless they want some dirty looks. Whereas on the other hand if an Eldar player DOESN'T intentionally gimp themselves in a casual match or even like a store campaign match the opponent really has to work to deal with them.
>>
>>53188570
Biker heavy Castellans of the Imperium detachments.

Also they can totally run their bikes as Shining Spears if they want to play bikes without being a cheeselord.
>>
>>53186968
That's most likely what it will mean
>>
I can't wait for the Ork shilling one

Some fucking cunt claiming they were "great", "fun", "wacky" "It didn't matter if you didn't win cos you had a great time playing Orks", "oh by the way most ork weapons blow up now, lol! won't that be fun, they suffer from animosity, LOL!, Orks take double damage from battleshock ROFLMAO, they're sooo craaaazy

Never mind, I hope the only marginally powerful Eldar units get massive buffs, Wraith constructs get massive buffs, scatter bikes get massive buffs, Psychic power spam gets a massive buff, warp spiders get a massive buff.

It's only fair, Eldar players have been long overdue an army that only features 100% overpowered units.
>>
File: bF6Cp.jpg (11KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
bF6Cp.jpg
11KB, 500x375px
>>53188953
>>
File: Ork Describes Striking Scorpion.jpg (128KB, 1615x306px) Image search: [Google]
Ork Describes Striking Scorpion.jpg
128KB, 1615x306px
>>53182858
And Orks will never be as Orky as the Scorpions.
>>
>>53188953
You might need to take a nap, you're acting unreasonably cranky and trying to be mad.
>>
>>53188953
Animosity, stupidity checks, BS1 except for grots who are BS2, re-roll successful hits at range and in CC, mob rule success to stay in results in not being able to act next turn
>>
>>53188006
The message "Eldar are getting buffed more!" goes down so much better to the players who are already mad about it.
>>
>>53188206
5th was weird. Orks were in every tier at some stage in that's edition.
>>
>>53188006

Eldar stomp every game, win almost every goddamn tournament, have to hobble themselves to lose in casual games.

>8th
>Faction focus Eldar
>First sneak peeks and previews...
>Eldar units are getting massive buffs

Brilliant, just ... just brilliant :^)
>>
>>53189237
I'm pretty sure they're buffing every damn thing, for eldar they mentioned just a few things. Banshees already got more movement speed than anyone because of agile.
>>
>>53188240
>shat on daemons
So did everyone.

Eldar were worse than necrons, marines, guard, wolfs at least. Anyone who took 9-12+ metal boxes with meltas in would roll them.
>>
>>53189237
how dare they try and advertise their new version of the game!
>>
>>53181709
Ah, yes, Orks! So much fun to get into there! Why, what's your favorite aspect of them? LOL SO DUM BUT DOUBLOL IT WORKS or [unintellgible WAAAGHing]?

Tyranids are a close second in my heart, yes. Why, what could be more fun than bugs? The only thing better than playing Tyranids is a five-hour entomology lecture!
>>
>>53189274

As a4th/5th tzeentch player, at least they were fun. I loved dropped my horror squads in stupidly dangerous places while my shitty custom 110pt chariot flew around with its bolt and ap3 heavy bolter.
>>
>>53181971
That's pretty funny
>>
>>53181971
I love new GW more than I thought, if they don't have an answer yet they just jump to banter.
>>
>>53189596
>eldarfag getting this buttmad everything thinks his faction is boring shit
top cake
>>
>>53183195
>Which means that they have a mechanic for going first but it doesn't always work
it could just be the same always strikes first mechanic hinted at for tyranid lashwhipsbabd slaaneshu deamons. But if both engaged units have it prioty goes to the player whos turn it is.
>>
>>53188224
>/enthusiasm for 8th because I know you're right.
>>
>>53189596
Wtf I hate eldar players even more now
>>
>>53189596
Oh, I don't know anon, how about the clan aspect of the Orks, or the football hooligan outlook on life that gives them their character? How about the caste system of the Orks and how grots have to literally work smarter not harder if they want to survive in their society. The scraptech and mad max aesthetic that amused theater audiences less than two years ago?

There's plenty to like about the orks beyond "lolrandumb" and "Waaaggh!" mate.
>>
>These changes
>Massive buffs

What world do you people live on?

Also, we ALREADY KNOW how some of the Eldar cheese is getting nerfed. Scatbikes now hit on 4+ instead of 3+ if they move, and no longer wound most infantry on 2+ (3+ instead). That's a solid hit to their overall damage output against marines and other infantry.

Wraithknights are losing special GMC rules and getting normalized with other vehicles/MCs, and there are more multi damage weapons out there to help deal with them.

This is a hype article meant to show that they care about neglected units.
>>
>>53193110

I just don't understand why scorpions are getting mortal wounds because of dakka face. That makes zero sense to me and really makes me worry that GW is just going to hand out mortal wounds like candy.
>>
>>53193159
Mandiblasters are plasma taser weapons that are designed to get past your defenses and fuck you up. They decided that they were worthy of a chance at mortal wounds.

For all we know it's like Hammer of Wrath, and it becomes a MW if they roll a 6. Given that the entire game is undergoing wound inflation this is really not something we should be worrying about.

"handing out mortal wounds like candy" would be giving them to GUNS that generate multiple hits like Skaven warpfire throwers in AoS. That's the problem with that game: there are tons of sources of D6 mortal wounds. Currently we have seen none of that in 8th unless you can roll 10+ on your smite roll.

People are too quick to assume the worst. In fact, I think the fact that the first unit we've seen with mortal wounds is fucking Striking Scorpions (and only in melee) should put a lot of our fears to rest.
>>
>>53193159
>makes me worry that GW is just going to hand out mortal wounds like candy.
Don't worry anon, they won't.
Except to eldar, that is.
>>
>>53182125
If nothing else, scatbikes have been nerfed by the overall system changes.

Barring special rules, they've lost 24" turbo boost and 2D6 assault move for d6 advance, and scat lasers now wound MEQ on 3+ instead of 2+ with AP0.
>>
>>53193272
And hit on 4+ if they move. Scatter lasers are heavy weapons.
>>
File: 1473522125677.png (572KB, 410x574px) Image search: [Google]
1473522125677.png
572KB, 410x574px
>GW shows Chaos first, a very flawed army last edition.
>Then IG, a pretty middle-ground army.
>You'd think these profiles are supposed to say "Hey guys! I know this army was bad last time, but now...!"
>The next profile is the Eldar, the strongest army last edition.
>Still no Nids, Orks, DE, or even news about the fate of the Scions.
>>
>>53193272
Yeah but... we all know they're going to a get a number of special rules to give these features back.

Most likely scenario is they'll only lose objective secured, a little bit of speed MAYBE, and will cost more points (that might actually be enough to fix them, though).
>>
>>53188953
>orks get the age of smegmar-tier joke rules like having to shout on top of their lungs or paint themselves red to get bonuses
>they are still weaker than everyone
>>
>>53193668
>orks get the age of smegmar-tier joke rules like having to shout on top of their lungs or paint themselves red to get bonuses
>if they do they are stronger than everyone
>suddenly GW stores full of sweaty, shouting neckbeard WAACfags smeared in red and green paint
>>
>>53188022
I don't think genestealers would be getting that rule. I can see Slaanesh demons getting strike first though.
>>
>>53193601
Chaos->Imperium->Xenos
Elite->Horde->Elite

Chaos Horde next, probably some flavor of daemon.
>>
>>53194124
If they don't I'll be pissed. They have Initiative fucking 6.
>>
>>53194196

Son do wyches
>>
>>53193786
I really don't know which one I prefer.
>>
File: 1492623776167.png (96KB, 394x294px) Image search: [Google]
1492623776167.png
96KB, 394x294px
I'm hoping for 2 things about orks:
1). They drop the whole "make it as random as possible" when it comes to orks. Random is fun, but only when all outcomes are positive to a different degree, not when one of the outcomes is "crash and burn. orks are crazy like that, haha!"
2). Whoever was in charge of 7th ed orks is not in charge now and is not taking part in their 8th edition in any way or form.
3). More gear variety, especially melee gear. "Melee race" has a wooping 3 common types of melee gear for infantry - choppa, big choppa and klaw. I mean seriously?
>>
>>53196492
Meganobz need an invul save at the barest minimum to be viable. Lootas need gitfindas. Every unit in the codex needs to be 20% cheaper than it is now.

At least initiative is gone. Of all the things in 7th that fucked Orkz there was still no way to justify a melee race being I2.
>>
>>53181786
>Eh, Eldar are probably the most iconic Xenos, it makes sense they'd do them first. This Faction Focus was a bit light on the details anyway, so I don't mind waiting a bit for a hopefully more robust focus.

Nids are the most iconic Xenos
>>
>>53196624
Pfft. Tyranids didn't even get a codex until the mid nineties. You might as well say Dark Eldar are the most iconic xenos.
>>
>>53196624
Not at all, anon

The most iconic are Orks, followed by Eldars

Then maybe "that army that is composed of Aliens" or "that army that is composed of Terminators"
>>
File: bitweird.png (104KB, 316x442px) Image search: [Google]
bitweird.png
104KB, 316x442px
>people whining about "buffs" to a race
>when they don't know the rules of the game
>when they don't know about the abilities of other races
>>
>>53196492
>>53196529
Woops, I said 2 things and posted 3. Herp derp. Anyway

Game in general already has wa-a-ay too many model requirement in my opinion. Inflating model prices even further is a bad design. There are many ways to make orks viable, through model quality improvement like:
> base 6+ FnP to all "ork" units to represent how survivable those hooligans are
> you can reroll failed shots, but rerolls are treated as snapshots
> when orks die, their models pile in and throw out half of their attacks in close combat(if they didn't get to strike first), then die, kinda like mini-wulfen.
> Gitfindas don't require you to stay still to gain +1BS. Seriously, who thought that this kind of gear benefits army where 99% of guns are "assault"?
> Cybork stops beeing a useless piece of junk
> LD8 for Nobs

etc etc
>>
>>53182845
> le USR
Get with the times brah. USR are gone. We 'spoke rulez' now
>>
>>53183646
>>53186679
>>53187096
i think its hilarious u kids talking shit about reece. u wouldnt say this shit to him at lan, hes jacked. not only that but he wears the freshest clothes, eats at the chillest restaurants and hangs out with the hottest dudes. yall are pathetic lol
>>
File: wtf warlock.jpg (141KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
wtf warlock.jpg
141KB, 800x640px
PLASTIC FUCKING ASPECT WARRIOR SCULPTS WHEN?

FUCKING WARP SPIDERS ARE OVER 20 YEARS OLD SCULPTS!

Seriously, the Aspect warriors NEED a fucking upgrade and a facelift, as do the fucking Phoenix Lords. I do not fucking understand why GW didn't make the new Guardian Jetbike kit into a dual kit with Shining Spears. Seriously, all they would have needed to do is to ad few extra bits and vola, Shining spears.

For fuck's sake, the Aspect Warriors in general need more love. First off, they should at least have SOME weapon options outside of the fucking Exarch, so that they aren't JUST about the fucking gun they carry.

Give Fire Dragons the option to have a fucking Flamer, Fusion gun and a god damn Plasma gun and Dark Reapers a reaper launcher, shuriken cannon and a Bright Lance and so on. Just stick to the fucking theme of the aspect, with Fire Dragons having Hot, burny shit that melts fuckers, Dark Reapers having long ranged killy weapons, Dire Avengers being jack of all trades, Banshees being fast and having power weapons and so on.

The speciality of the aspect should not just be the gun they carry. It should be in their stats and special rules.
>>
>>53198525
Don't worry, with the buffs aspects warrior are getting, expect new models to come with them, and new bundles too!
>>
>>53198772
There is hope.
>>
File: b4e.jpg (44KB, 600x687px) Image search: [Google]
b4e.jpg
44KB, 600x687px
>>53198971
pic related

>>53198253
this bait is so weak no one answered to it in the multiple threads it was posted in. At least it showed everyone that really NOBODY knows or cares about this dude.
Have a pity (You). But please work on your baits a bit more for next time. You're on 4chan for fuck's sake, this should be easy.
>>
>>53199117
> pic related
> Hope for man
But they're Eldar...
>>
>>53198772
this was said all of 7th
>>
>>53199117
Like it or not, Reece will make sure his eldar is top tier. Bitch
>>
>>53182395
yes im an eldar play but i never really play them against my friend except maybe 1 in 10 games so i hope they are balanced in 8th so i dont need to feel guilty
>>
>>53198525

" is the new viability of some of the most enduringly beautiful models in the range."

They basically just confirmed they aren't updating the aspect warriors.
>>
File: 1301162355136.png (5KB, 409x259px) Image search: [Google]
1301162355136.png
5KB, 409x259px
>>53201782
Fuck!
>>
>>53201782
That's absolute fucking bullshit.
GW NEEDS to upgrade the fucking aspect warriors.
RESIN IS SHIT!
SHIIIIIT!
>>
>>53181786

>Phoenix Lords now have a Sv2+

Your main take away is something that has been the case since they were introduced?
>>
>>53188022

Why would genestealers have a rule they've never had? Banshees had -5 initiative modifier for about 5 fucking editions. People that know nothing about the game are getting ass blasted at a terrible unit getting advertised with something they always had.
>>
File: Sick of these monkeigh.jpg (95KB, 316x319px) Image search: [Google]
Sick of these monkeigh.jpg
95KB, 316x319px
>>53198525

This nigga right here. Took the words out my mouth. Aspects need new models desperately. Rules wise they generally did a good job making them all feel fluffy and interesting though some did languish on the shelf like bumshees and spears.

>>53201782

>mfw this turns out to be right
Thread posts: 208
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.