[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a Agri World regiment look and act like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1500.jpg (166KB, 900x513px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1500.jpg
166KB, 900x513px
What would a Agri World regiment look and act like?
>>
>>53175338
Poor and cannon-fodder.
>>
>>53175338
Presumably they'd be a logistics unit. Small unit skirmishers would work well.
>>
>>53176385
>>53175378

Lush world with plentiful food? I'd assume a classic line infantry regiment. If the world maintains basic infrastructure instead of for some reason being 18th century farming in SPPPAACCE then maybe mechanized infantry, or at least a lot of tractors, trucks and earthmoveing equipment.

Or you could go to unconformable allegory town and have it be slave-soldiers led by semi-aristocratic plantation owners of a different race.
>>
>>53175338
Lots of mechanised infantry; farmers have big families because kids are free labour, and all the machinery needs to be maintained. A tithe of two children per family would be barely a drop in the ocean.
Line troops are the children of tenant farmers and farm workers, the officers are the children of the landowning aristocracy.
Expert scroungers, but with really thick accents so they're hard to understand, especially in a space poker game.
Lots of rough riders too.
>>
Depends on the agriworld. Most agriworlds are full of retarded wankers even by 40k standards - as in they probably would still use lines like someone said here:
>>53178129

An alternative is a high-tech agriworld, like say, it's the only farmable planet in a system with say a forge world and a hive world - those guys would have a fuckload of tech and well-trained troops, because if those guys die, the forge world and the hive world die.
>>
>>53175338
You can justify pretty much anything:
> caricatural peasant levy beause 40k
> WW1 mass infantry because space rural exodus
>>53176385
>>53181411
>>
>>53175338
Well for one they would probably forget to use "an" in their sentences.
>>
>>53175338
"Cavalry" units made up of lightly armored fast attack vehicles with horns that play the opening notes to "Dixie" when pressed. Every single one of them is loaded down with half a dozeb agriworld redneck guardsmen leaning out the windows with their lasguns.
>>
>>53181520
And I bet you lot down on t'forgeworld all talk in binary? You lot don't know you're born. When I was a lad, we had to walk forty klicks t'school, uphill both ways, in t'snow, None o' this knowledge forced into heads nonsense.
>>
>>53175338
Cowgirls
>>
>>53182178
> t. Raging Heroes
>>
>>53175338
>>
>>53178129
>Or you could go to unconformable allegory town and have it be slave-soldiers led by semi-aristocratic plantation owners of a different race.

That'd be the Ottomans. If you were going with the CSA then it'd be mostly the poor and middle-class making up the army with the wealthy as officers.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.