[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Paladin of the Food Pantheon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: ooguknx0E.jpg (58KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
ooguknx0E.jpg
58KB, 500x456px
Sup /tg/
A friend of mine invited me to join a light-hearted 5th ed D&D game he is running. Everyone is rolling up characters this Friday. I'm thinking of making a chef/paladin who worships a food pantheon. I need some recommendations for race and build as well as a few ideas for the fluff of the character. I'm thinking of making him a paladin along the lines of Eastern Shinto priest beliefs rather than a western Catholic priest style paladin. The campaign will probably degrade into a spoof of Dungeon Meshi, but that's not really a bad thing for this crowd.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>53174891
he has a set of very well crafted knives they keep safe, and will avoid using them in combat except in extreme situations.

Not afraid to use every edible part of an animal, as to waste food due to incompetence as a chef is a disgrace
>>
File: chef_john.jpg (160KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
chef_john.jpg
160KB, 1024x682px
>>53174891
Have the character talk like CHEF JOHN FROM FOOOOODWISHED DAHT CAHM all the time and give every enemy you meet THEE OOOOLL' TAPPA TAPPA and if that don't work, THEE OOOOLL' SHAKA SHAKA and finish them off with SUM CAYENNE
>>
A BALANCED BREAKFAST IS A MOST HOLY MEAL
>>
File: 1471797796861.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471797796861.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>53174891
>The paladin of food takes his cooking very, VERY seriously
>The Food Paladin's creed is "let no ingredient go to waste"
>He will harvest anything remotely edible from his enemies corpses (the only exceptions are humanoids... sometimes) and store it in his custom made bag-of-holding with freezer function
>Anyone wasting ingredients in any way, shape or form is seen as a personal insult
>He once beat up an entire church for feeding "low quality garbage" to orphans
>The local abbott was brought to tears, forced to recite basic spice-meat combinations
>One of the BBEG's lieutenants once ate in his family's restaurant and complained that his steak was too overcooked even though he himself had ordered it well done, this is an insult the Paladin of Food will avenge at all costs
>All of his spells and attacks are renamed to fit culinary themes
>>
>>53177354
this, after all

> you are the 5th ed paladin of your pomme de terres au gratin
>>
File: the_iron_chef.jpg (189KB, 785x1018px) Image search: [Google]
the_iron_chef.jpg
189KB, 785x1018px
Kek, great stuff. Any suggestions for race & build?
>>
>>53177354
You are after all the caliph of your hoisin beef.
>>
>>53182277
Pic related if possible, a walking kitchen warforged is amazing
>>
>>53182277
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that any paladin options would do much for the theme. Cleric might fit better; if you don't go with Life you don't have to be a healbot.
For race: make him a fire genasi or a goliath. For the former, make him fat and have him be Guy Fieri.
>>
>>53174891

There are five flavors: Sweet, Sour, Bitter, Salty and Savoury/Umami.

Spells based on these effects.

I recall that one magic skill from The Hero Yoshihiko jap drama, where the spells affects the user with a craving for sweets so strong that they stop whatever they are doing in order to get sweets.
>>
>>53184569
Umami should be a demigod or champion because its not really a 'flavor' but another word for texture.
>>
File: ICM3[1].jpg (8KB, 235x350px) Image search: [Google]
ICM3[1].jpg
8KB, 235x350px
Iv always wanted to play a chef-barbarian half orc that wields a huge spiked cauldron chained to a thick staff for a huge ass duel purpose flail/cooking pot.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.