[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello tg, I need some help from you, I’ve been having troubles

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

Hello tg, I need some help from you, I’ve been having troubles thinking what sort of steampunk stuff should a dwarven kingdom have as military weaponry?

Ill provide some info about the current situation on my game

The setting is a homebrewed 3.5 semi-steampunk, some people still use medieval arms and armor but is not as often as it used to be as technology is staring to overtake the place

My players are about to attack a dwarf mountain, said mountain is famous for being the biggest gold mine around, it is very similar in some aspects to erebor:

it has so much gold it even has armored paladins with inlaids made of gold on their armors

the king is so madly in love with gold he even became friend of a golden dragon

said dragon is actually a red dragon in disguise and has been manipulating/brainwashing the king and his soldiers into doing his will

so, he has taken control of the mountain and now oppresses its citizens through the king and he just pulls the strings from behind the throne curtains

there is another dwarven kingdom that mines iron, that is at war with them because the dragon wants to expand his domain and conquer the iron mine, and there is an elven kingdom that is willing to help the iron dwarves to stop the gold king and his “gold” dragon

players have a hint of this all, but they are actually joining the fight because they are looking for a relic that was stolen from one of them not much ago in an encounter they had with some soldiers from the gold kingdom, still I know them and I am 100% sure they will help the mountain get rid of the dragon and his gold-sickened king
>>
>>53150304
First of all, that's a pretty intricate setting/story you've got there.
Secondly, how about steampunk mining apparatuses (drills, automated mine carts, etc.). Since this is a dwarven mining city, it would make sense to have this. Perhaps coating it in gold would also help if the king is as madly in love with gold as he says he is. In addition, if this is fantasy perhaps a golden steampunk golem/automaton would be quite fitting. Even more so if gold has some arcane properties to it in your setting.
I'll see if I can think of anything else, but good job so far.
>>
File: 1280x720-Wp_.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-Wp_.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>53150447
>golden steampunk golem/automaton
this was one of my first ideas but i wanted some more, though im not that experienced in steampunk stuff and i cant come up with clockwork machines and stuff that easy, thats why we have kept everything mixed with medieval, but my friends like it so far

>drills, automated mine carts, etc.
thank you, and yes the idea is that he is so in love with it he got easily brainwashed by the dragon
>>
File: ironforge-map.jpg (201KB, 1152x808px) Image search: [Google]
ironforge-map.jpg
201KB, 1152x808px
also, if anyone has a map of the inside of a dwarven mountain it would be great to use it as a dungeon map

ironforge is good but its too short, im planning on adding at least 4 or more levels
>>
File: Goldo_Golden_Statue_Torture.jpg (191KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Goldo_Golden_Statue_Torture.jpg
191KB, 1280x720px
Had to go out. Does anyone knows if tolkien made maps of moria and erebor?
>>
>>53154694
I've seen a map of Moria but I don't know if it's based on Tolkien's drawings or notes
>>
>>53154708
Ill look for it thanks

I was looking at how big should the mountain be "putting some realism into the fantasy" and i found out that, there should be at least 10 or more "layers" of city inside the mountain

That, could turn into a very large dungeon. Ill have to trace a short cut route to where the amulet is supposed to be so that the players dont take long in finding it
>>
>>53155086
A steam-powered golden elevator could give you that shortcut and be a cool steampunk thing at the same time.
>>
File: CcdeNe1WEAA30Gf.jpg (88KB, 465x681px) Image search: [Google]
CcdeNe1WEAA30Gf.jpg
88KB, 465x681px
>>53155167
maybe something like this but big enough to fit 10 persons, like a cargo elevator, and, of course, gold-filled
>>
File: journal updated.jpg (9KB, 232x217px) Image search: [Google]
journal updated.jpg
9KB, 232x217px
>>53150304
I came to be a smart ass, but this story background is too good.

Bravo.
>>
>>53156031
thanks my friend, i was afraid my players would complain about the similitudes between erebor and my mountain but they barely mentioned it
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.