[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mantic miniatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: Mantic-Logo-NL1.jpg (133KB, 382x348px) Image search: [Google]
Mantic-Logo-NL1.jpg
133KB, 382x348px
So what's the quality like on the kings of war/warpath miniatures. Some looks nice some shit, any experience.
>>
>>53150241
No, that sums it up. Some are good, some are Kinder Egg tier shit.
>>
Older stuff is bad, mostly in KoW range. Newer stuff tends to be good. Their official color schemes rarely do justice to the models (pastille nayads).

Restic models are tough to work with. Plastic ones are easy beasy.
>>
File: Corporation-Strider.jpg (277KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Corporation-Strider.jpg
277KB, 1000x1000px
I like the enforcer stuff but I haven't seen any in the flesh yet.
>>
>>53150665
i don't know if it's the angle of the pic, but damn the legs look titchy
>>
>>53150241
I bought Dwarf King's Quest, Dreadball Extreme, the Enforcers starter pack and a bunch of random stuff so far.
You pretty much get what you see.
No issues with the product itself, no missing parts, ginormous mould lines or shitty details. Pretty much as advertised.
>>
>>53150241
Yeah, some is great, some is trash. The 'hard plastic' material is good to work with, the soft plastic restic isn't the best, but is workable.
>>
File: the box.jpg (29KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
the box.jpg
29KB, 500x375px
Do they still do that christmas mystery box thing?
>>
>>53151392
iirc, they did last Christmas. Bought one of those a few years ago. It was good... except possibly the goblins.
>>
>>53150241
enforcer, plague, gcps, and astarian hard plastic sprues are good stuff

anything made of metal in warpath are complete shit.

soft plastic vehicles are kind of meh

small rats have soft details on their sprues but are ok.
giant rat sprues are pretty good
dwarf light armor sprue does not fit together properly.
dwarf heavy armor sprue is just fine

KOW skellies are great
>>
>>53151581
I have one of the soft-resin Dead-Zone Minis, "The Piper". Details are soft... do you think the metal will be any better?
>>
>>53151621
god no.
the metals I got from them from deadzone and warpath are a pile of miscast crap, printer scanlines that were not cleaned before mold making, and limbs too thin and too soft to support weapons/bodies
>>
i like forge father but theos model are hard to work with
>>
>>53150241
their Walking Dead all out war stuff is nice. The plastic is more flexible than other companies like warlord, GBP and GW and sometimes you dont notice mold lines til you've primed the mini as stupid as that sounds
>>
File: IMG_20170425_130328189.jpg (547KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170425_130328189.jpg
547KB, 2560x1440px
>>53150241
I've had
Abyssal dwarfs (and by extension dwarfs)
Goblins archers
Dwarf centaurs
Dreadball orks
And a friend have some enforcers, skeleton and zombies, and not-skaven

First of all, the bases with the round gap to place the miniature is a awful idea, specially if you want a scenic base

The plastic dwarfs and goblins sculps are kind of meh, because there are one or two poses and so few options to personalise (goblins are the worst offenders there are like 3 heads, 3 bodies and all the arms are the same) and in the case of the dwarfs the torso don't fit well on the legs and the arms don't fit well on the torso, anatomically both are weird, not quite real scale or heroic scale, it takes a while to have dwarfs with knees but I like them

Abyssal dwarfs are horrible, the pack was full dwarf sprue and some "upgrade bits" on metal, torsos and arms don't fuckin' Fit, try to glue those this was awful, and the upgrade hats are awful, there was some cool helmet like a dragon and wolf helmets , if you use some of the metal heads it looks good (millage may vary)

Plastic centaurs where a mix bag, fully compatible with dwarf sprue and abyssal dwarf but made of restic (resin plastic compound or something ) but again doesn't fit well the bodies are two parts and in between you have to fill a gap, not the best looking miniatures but looks very well with the dwarfs

Skeleton and zombies are great, true 28 mm goddess lots of options and skeleton seems fragile because the legs, arms and necks are so slim

Dreadball orks are so middle of the road, the poses are boring but have great detail, but who plays dreadball anyway

Enforcers are so fuckin' sweet great detail, cool gear and almost same extra bits like a GW sprue

The not-skaven in space are also sweet looks like a rat instead of the rat like thing of WH island of blood

Pic related some mantic dwarfs for my chaos dwarf BB team
>>
Any ETA on the terrain for that "Dungeon Saga in space" new game? I need some for Infinity.
>>
>>53150563
So, is restic finally gone? It took me fuckin' ages to clean my Deadzone models. Fuckin' hated that shit.
>>
>>53153969
It's on Kickstarter right now, isn't it?
>>
>>53157536
Nah, restic is still in use... on their website it's listed as 'plastic', proper plastic sprues are listed as 'hard plastic'.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.